ConvertKit Logo

ConvertKit

Email marketing for online creators

ConvertKit Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.78/10

Reviews by rating

The metrics feature is amazing - you always know if your emails were received well from your subscribers. I love the ability to have a series, to test your headlines, and to understand the analytics.
It gets really frustrating trying to troubleshoot all of the scenarios and errors that can happen. Overly complex to deal with.
Terrible follow up a waste of time and a malfunctioning system. I was never alerted that a.
I've repeated myself over the course of 5 days now and still can't get anyone to understand the issue. Let alone apologize for a mistake that looks like a glitch in their system.

Megan G.

Founder

Officially Obsessed

Transcript

Megan: Hi, my name is Megan. I'm a small business owner and I give ConvertKit five out of five. If you'd...

Brynna H.

Marketing assistant

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Where have you been all my life??

Transcript

Brynna H.: Hi, my name is Brynna, and I am a personal coach in the health and wellness industry. And...

Stephanie D.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Life Saver

Due to the ease of ConvertKit I email way more. I am not getting fancy yet with sequences, but in a matter of using it only for 2 weeks, the way the software is set up, I am begging to formulate big picture sequences, strategize campaigns and IN TRUTH, I was never able to look at my health coaching service and online webinars like this because my background is education. As a educator we don't think like this because our students just come to us, the stress of "getting clients" was so large and overwhelming until I found something like convert kit to make me BE more present and visible online. I AM SO GRATEFUL!

Pros

As a person with little to no tech background, truth, I was quite intimidated by this software. HOWEVER, what I love about it, is its dedication to quick videos that give you instant feedback and education to navigate and understand what you are doing. There are tutorials everywhere, in truth you never feel lost or alone or not supported. It is more about (as a new entrepreneur) it is more abut catching...

Cons

Nothing yet, I am more impatient with myself because I wish I could understand its full scope fast.

OZ

Olga Z.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

The email marketing software that will make your content shine

We have been using ConvertKit for 3.5 years now and we don’t plan on going anywhere else! If you’re looking for an email marketing platform that grows with your business and subscriber list, and that’s straightforward to use as well as efficient, then you don’t need to look any further than ConvertKit. My team and I find that it allows us to meet our goals quickly, deliver quality content, and all without overcomplicating things. Sometimes simple is best!

Pros

It’s hard to find things not to like about ConvertKit. I think one of the best things is that there is no major learning curve. You don’t have to be an expert in email marketing to understand how to use the software. Everything is pretty intuitive. And when you do have a problem figuring something out, they have amazing tutorials available as well as a very responsive and helpful customer service team. Each time I ran into an issue, it would be solved by their team in a blink of an eye. I also love that it integrates with the software we use at our company and with our clients, such as Acuity Scheduling and LeadPages. Finally, ConvertKit has all the features we need for our email marketing efforts to be a success: great segmentation, automations, and confirmation email option.

Cons

I think their reporting and their A/B testing could be more advanced. However, given they’re constantly improving things, I believe that these features will soon be improved. I will say that for the needs of small businesses and teams, what ConvertKit offers is absolutely sufficient.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

WORST Support and Customer Service I have Ever Come Across

Terrible follow up a waste of time and a malfunctioning system. I was never alerted that a .org was not an acceptable email to mail out from and my entire campaign that was to be sent out over a 10day period never was sent out at ALL. NO ALERTS NO NOTIFICATION.. figured it out ON MY OWN after it was too late to do anything about it

Pros

Had a good workflow component as far as building the workflow ...but that is where anything good ended !

Cons

EVERYTHING .. The Support Team took days to answer and when they did it was as though they were buying more time by asking a question which only repeated the question you asked in the first place. They SHOW OFF IN WEBINAR invites about features they do not even OFFER ! Misleading! And when you need to do anything in a batch it takes forever! Its very expensive and not nearly developed enough to charge for their features .. which are half baked..

MG

Michelle G.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Best email marketing platform I've found for marketing my online courses

Great experience overall. My sales are better because I can be super specific with who I'm emailing, based on their interests (links they've clicked, courses they're already enrolled in, etc.). I love that I can market specifically instead of blasting every sales email to every subscriber blindly. And I know my subscribers appreciate this, too.

Pros

I love that ConvertKit has so many capabilities. There are a million different ways you can tag or segment your audience, and it integrates with the other platform I use for selling my online courses, Thinkific. I really love that together with Thinkific, it knows which email subscribers have purchased what, and their interest (all based on tags I set up). I also love the step-by-step instructions that ConvertKit provides for setting up these processes.

Cons

There's a tiny learning curve when you first get into it. There are a LOT of features and capabilities, but once you get the hang of the basics you'll realize how much you can do with ConvertKit. Plus, there are great step-by-step tutorials offered by ConvertKit. And their Help Desk is actually helpful!

SM

Stephanie M.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

The best email software for bloggers and course creators

Pros

ConvertKit is your best friend if you are a course or content creator and need to manage a lot of email addresses, send weekly emails, and use automations and auto-emails for sales and marketing. I do a lot of lead magnet generation and have so many different segments of email subscribers - CK is made exactly for this. I love how simple it is, it doesn't got bogged down with email design too much, it's more about functionality and high deliverability.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't love about ConvertKit for email. For landing page design, there's a lot of customization that's missing, but I don't use it for that primarily.

TB

Tom B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Convertkit is awesome.

I am a huge fan of Convertkit. I think it is the best email marketing tool currently available.

Pros

It’s incredibly simple to use yet has some super powerful features.

Cons

Honestly, I haven’t found anything I don’t like about Convertkit. My only slight issue is integrating it with Membermouse.

BM

Becky M.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

I highly recommend ConvertKit

Using ConvertKit has helped me grow my business by maintaining a regular email list and keeping in frequent contact with my audience. It's created sales, too, because it is the primary tool I use to sell my various courses and downloads.

Pros

This tool is fairly easy to set up and use for anyone with moderate tech skills. I love that it does only email and does it incredibly well. I can tag and segment to create highly targeted emails for any number of use cases. I couldn't run my business without an email provider this exceptional.

Cons

I don't have any big complaints about ConvertKit, but will advise that it isn't inexpensive. I think it's worth the money because of all it can do, but it is pricey for people with small budgets.

Jared D.

Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees

Straightforward Email Automations and Sequences

I am currently trying ConvertKit to see if I want to purchase it for my business. As of this moment, I like it and plan on purchasing it. You have to put in a lot of time upfront creating your email content, but once that's done, ConvertKit runs automatically. I like that a lot!

Pros

ConvertKit has a straightforward and easy-to-use interface for setting up email campaigns. Setting up an automated sequence is as easy as writing each email and dragging them into the order you want them sent. They also make it easy to assign tags to subscribers and segment your lists.

Cons

Convert kit doesn't have as many design tools as some of the other email services. This includes email designs and opt-in form designs. However, there are other 3rd party opt-in programs that integrate easily with ConvertKit. My biggest pet peeve is the fact that there's no "undo" button in the email editor (at least I couldn't find one). I have made several mistakes that a simple undo button would have saved me from undoing.

Favour N.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

A simple business automation software

If you're a startup business without much capital but you're looking for a business automation software, I would recommend this software to you, it's easy to use, not expensive and it does exactly what it is meant for. This is a very nice and uncomplicated software.

Pros

The first thing I like about this software is the landing templates, it has very nice templates and I like the fact that there are various templates to choose from.The second thing I like about this software is the ease of use, the interface is very easy to navigate.Third thing I like about this software is the fact that it's not too expensive, I also like the fact that the free plan is limited to very few features.I like the email campaign feature, I like how there a different email template to choose from and I like the fact that the email template are easy to operate.

Cons

It has an easy to use interface but I don't like how some features are not so visible which could make it unknown to people that the features exist in the software

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Great CRM for Creatives

Once I learned the software, ConvertKit became a pleasure to use. The feedback we got from our subscribers was fantastic. A noticeable difference.

Pros

-Easy to switch from an older CRM -Geared toward creatives, with a focus on the design of email messages.

Cons

-Learning curve slightly steep -Not particularly clear how to set up workflow without a lot of tutorials.

MD

Marie D.

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Good for Segmenting

Does what we neede it to and was an upgrade from our prior platform (Mailchimp). We can easily create attractive and effective newsletters, email campaigns, landing pages and sign up pages that work across the rest of our tech stack, and it's easy to sort and segment all f that data on the backend for targeted campaigns. Does what we need it to and at a fair price.

Pros

I love the segmenting and the aiblity to sort by anynumbr of tags in ConvertKit. It reallyenables us to create oppourtniteis tostudy our clientele based on defifient and specific needs and the communitcate to onlyt hose parts of the population at given times for certain services. This is key for us an the primary reason we switched from our old esp.

Cons

I wish there was an easy way to capture mobile phone numbers for us to integrate SMS communcation and automations. So often after we connect with clients we would love to send a quick follow up message that doesn't warrant a full email and this tool does not have full functionality for that.

GL

Gina L.

E-Learning, self-employed

Smarter email marketing

ConvertKit has been a great tool for my business over the years and I'll continue to use it moving forward. They update and adapt regularly so it's an email marketing service that's worth your time if you're thinking of investing or upgrading.

Pros

I've been using ConvertKit for a long time and in that time I've used it to get a little smarter when growing my email list. It's one thing to send weekly emails to your growing list, but it's another to segment specific users, tag them and put them into different categories so you can send them personalised emails. ConvertKit allows you to do all of this in a very user-friendly way. One of the...

Cons

ConvertKit allows you to tag people who purchase products through their various integrations but it's a bit lacking in terms of data on this. You can see the products they've purchased, but you can't see where they came from. Which means it's much harder to see a holistic view of your marketing strategy with ConvertKit at the heart.

TM

Tiarra M.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Tiarra’s Convertkit Survey

Great experience!!

Pros

I love how I can easily store all of my contacts in one place. The customization, segmentation and they offer lots of other services now like products and memberships

Cons

After you surpass 1000 the pricier can get pretty expensive quickly. It might be best to then move on to an all in one platform

MT

Michiyo T.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Industry-leading deliverability is true

I am happy with Convertkit. It is easy to use, and I like its landing page templates.

Pros

I have used several different e-mail marketing platforms besides Convertkit and so far, I am impressed with their deliverability. The open rate is higher with Convertkit than the ones with other platforms. They also have blog articles, tutorial/webinars and how-to guides. Those are very helpful for people who are not familiar with e-mail marketing yet.

Cons

They have a free plan but you can not use the "Automated funnels & sequences" feature with the free plan. I wish they had more features for the free plan.

AP

Abhiraj P.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

The Best solution for your Email Magement

Pros

I love its ease of use. Love their tagging feature - you basically have just one list but every user in the list can be tagged several times. That makes the list management very easy. With the creator pro they have extra features like changing a link within a mail after we have sent it.

Cons

Nothing really. I love it! It takes time to understand terminology for a few specific things..like they have "tag's and "segments" as well as "products"...maybe would have been even simpler to just have the "tags".

HW

Hailey W.

Retail, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great for Email Marketing

ConvertKit is allowing me to learn about email marketing at my own pace with helpful resources and tools to start and grow my email list.

Pros

I'm new to email marketing so I like that ConvertKit offers a free version for your first 1000 subscribers. This makes it easier to test them out and learn more about starting, growing, and marketing to your subscriber list. They have pre-made email templates or you can create your own. You can customize colours, etc. to match your branding. You can also tag subscribers to control what emails you send them. You can keep track of where your subscribers signed up as well which is helpful to know.

Cons

Nothing so far but I'm still a relatively new user so I haven't tested out all of the features, etc. available.

MT

Mo T.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Great for newsletters!

Overall, ConvertKit is our current mailing provider for our newsletter. We've grown accustomed to it to and use it weekly for our newsletter sends and daily on my end for metrics reporting and analysis. It's easy to use, not overly complicated - yet full of useful features - and really helps us communicate with our beloved, amazing audience. The custom code feature is a particular favourite as well as the metrics breakdown and reporting. I personally and genuinely enjoy the ease of use the most in a metrics-reporting context and certainly think it's a good contender for newsletters and mailing lists.

Pros

The ease of use of Convertkit is the most useful aspect of this tool. Your metrics are in good view for when you need to determine campaign success, it has tonnes of features ranging from things like templates to custom code which makes content creation a breeze and it's usability makes it easy even for a novice like me to use!

Cons

I think pricing could be improved a tad particularly as there are more competitive providers in the market with more affordable ranges. I think this may put off a lot of first time creators in particular, especially those who are initially starting out, however it's still fairly reasonable. Furthermore, and this could be completely my technical illiteracy speaking, I think features like integrations for things like real time metrics updates for client/customer facing landing pages could be a cool addition. For instance, I was looking into a function where I could display our subscriber count that would update in real time on the website in accordance with the number of subscribers we're getting on the daily, however couldn't find a way to do this.

MH

Megan H.

Simple Email System

I use it to manage my 3 different segments and all the lead collection and workflows within those. My list is still pretty small (~1,000) and I'll likely outgrow ConvertKit, but it's been great starting out.

Pros

I like that the sequences are easy to set up and automate. I like the simple rules I can create to trigger automations. The visual workflows could use some improvement, but they're a good start.

Cons

The email builder, even the new one, is adequate but not great. I find it a bit clunky, but it does what needs done.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Helping creators grow their email audience? Convertkit is a solid platform.

Overall this is an easy to use, modern email marketing tool that covers all the basics. Great for beginners who want to get going fast. Also suitable for more advanced marketers. I enjoy using this. The interface is modern and easy to use. Unnecessary settings or steps are removed, making this a tool that doesn't require much time to get something created. Good documentation as well, so the beginner can get started knowing the support and education is just a few clicks away.

Pros

I like how Convertkit makes it easy and fast to get your lead generating page up and running and start collecting leads. The landing page builder is good with plenty of templates. You don't need technical skills to get a page up and start building your list. That's what Convertkit focuses on. It's a modern tool that offers all the basics and a few advanced features. No unnecessary bells and whistles needed if you want to focus on creating.

Cons

Pricing starts higher compared to other tools, but the advantage of Convertkit is that one email address only counts once, unlike other tools where a subscriber counts multiple times towards your total subscriber amount if that person is added to multiple email lists or campaigns.

Alternative Dispute Resolution, 1-10 employees

I don't know why we bothered with any other service. ConvertKit outpaces the rest.

Pros

Constant free trainings. Customer service is amazing. The conferences! The community! The entire company leadership, values and constant striving to improve.

Cons

It's hard to come up with much I don't love about CK. Integration with Teachable is challenging because Teachable uses one field for first and last name, so it doesn't automatically parse them out. Not CK's fault, tho.

JS

Jacob S.

E-Learning, self-employed

Convertkit is a solid email marketing platform

My overall experience with convertkit has been positive. I use it everyday so I'm very familiar with it and it gets the job done.

Pros

My favorite thing about convertkit are the easy to setup email automations. The visual builder makes it intuitive and clean.

Cons

My least favorite part of convertkit are the email sequences. When you create long email sequences you have to continually scroll up and down. This should be fixed.

BJ

Brandon J.

E-mail Marketing Made Simple

Pros

ConvertKit helps focus on conversions -- it's right there in the name. But I love how simply everything is laid out. How easy it is to set up complex, multi-step automations, and the hordes of integrations it carries. Works with everything in my Tech Stack, and that's saying a lot.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything. I love using ConvertKit.

Sanna S.

Law Practice, self-employed

Love love love!!

Super easy to use!

Pros

I've been using Convertkit for a few years now and just couldn't be happier!! The software is highly flexible to automate my email delivery to a level that makes my new client intake so easy and effortless. Readers still believe I am writing to them personally... ;-) Some think it's spooky how "I just read their minds"... heh...

Cons

The only thing that could be improved but which would be nice to fix is that if I title the email Dear "subscriber", the email itself shows the subscriber's first name but the preview option of the email shows <subscriber's first name>... Kind a looses credibility in these cases. But I came round this problem by not addressing readers by their first name...

JudyAnn L.

Online Media, self-employed

A service that can grow with my business

ConvertKit has excellent support and guidance. It is interesting to receive regular emails from them with suggestions, recommendations and guidance for building my email business successfully. There are workshops for the same purposes. There is a two week trial. People wanting to test the program should be prepared with a plan and some content before signing up. It is amazing how fast two weeks can go. I did a two week trial, but didn't sign up right away. The second go-round, I was committed and followed through. I felt there were more features available to me after commitment even though I had two weeks for trial again. My feeling after the first trial was not really enthusiastic

Pros

ConvertKit came highly recommended from people whom I respect, including the people at Copyblogger. The forms are simple, but attractive.

Cons

There is a small learning curve that feels a lot longer!

Sushant K.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Great no-code tool to manage subscribers

Overall it does a great job of quickly getting started with building an audience and delivering value. Still, after a certain point, it gets expensive if you are not monetising your audience. I also feel reporting, and email automation can be improved as well.

Pros

Entire newsletter subscription management is effortless with Convertkit. The landing page can be customised according to brand, with an email form deployed in less than an hour is remarkable. I also felt the overall delivery rate is much better than Mailchimp.

Cons

List management and email automation can be improved a bit. Sometimes I have to go to other tools like ActiveCampaigns just because their automation is much better. Reporting can be improved as well.