ConvertKit Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.85/10

Reviews by rating

Once I learned the software, ConvertKit became a pleasure to use. The feedback we got from our subscribers was fantastic.
Terrible follow up a waste of time and a malfunctioning system. I was never alerted that a.
I've repeated myself over the course of 5 days now and still can't get anyone to understand the issue. Let alone apologize for a mistake that looks like a glitch in their system.

Megan G.

Founder

Officially Obsessed

Transcript

Megan: Hi, my name is Megan. I'm a small business owner and I give ConvertKit five out of five. If you'd...

Brynna H.

Marketing assistant

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Where have you been all my life??

Transcript

Brynna H.: Hi, my name is Brynna, and I am a personal coach in the health and wellness industry. And...

Amber Rose M.

Best Email Marketing Software

ConvertKit has been the best email marketing software I've used. Even though there are free products, start with ConvertKit. You'll make the switch eventually so just start here.

Pros

My favorite feature of ConvertKit is how thorough everything is. For example, there are multiple ways to accomplish your goal, which means you can chose a method that works for you and be successful. The metrics feature is amazing - you always know if your emails were received well from your subscribers. I love the ability to have a series, to test your headlines, and to understand the analytics. The BEST feature is the tagging feature. You can have multiple businesses, lists, and passions but still use ONE product. Just use the tagging feature to give your subscribers identifying tags and you can send them curated emails based on what you know about them. I have used Aweber and Mailchimp - ConvertKit is best.

Cons

Sometimes the software can have a learning curve. There are robust features (which make the price VERY worth it), but knowing how to use everything can be challenging . There is a lot to remember. Yes, they have templates and guides and support, but it's still a bit to learn.

MD

Marie D.

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Good for Segmenting

Does what we neede it to and was an upgrade from our prior platform (Mailchimp). We can easily create attractive and effective newsletters, email campaigns, landing pages and sign up pages that work across the rest of our tech stack, and it's easy to sort and segment all f that data on the backend for targeted campaigns. Does what we need it to and at a fair price.

Pros

I love the segmenting and the aiblity to sort by anynumbr of tags in ConvertKit. It reallyenables us to create oppourtniteis tostudy our clientele based on defifient and specific needs and the communitcate to onlyt hose parts of the population at given times for certain services. This is key for us an the primary reason we switched from our old esp.

Cons

I wish there was an easy way to capture mobile phone numbers for us to integrate SMS communcation and automations. So often after we connect with clients we would love to send a quick follow up message that doesn't warrant a full email and this tool does not have full functionality for that.

AF

Amy F.

E-Learning, self-employed

Lots of quirks, customer service is awful

Overall, it's an ok tool. A lot of the glitches have cost me money (i.e. sending coupons to my list and excluding purchasers... only to find out prior purchasers still received the email). I've had requests for "discounts" from people who have received these emails after purchasing a product at full price. They are not happy. When people get stuck in sequences they go "cold"... then I end up sending...

Pros

I like the features this has - the visual automations are great. It gives you the ability to customize how your subscribers will go through your funnel. The forms are easy to create relatively easy to set up.

Cons

The system is really quirky. I often times get people "stuck" in my funnel where they opt out of a sequence and then are just sitting in an automation. It gets really frustrating trying to troubleshoot all of the scenarios and errors that can happen. Overly complex to deal with. I've noticed that certain things that should just work need special attention... like moving to the next part of an automation...

OZ

Olga Z.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

The email marketing software that will make your content shine

We have been using ConvertKit for 3.5 years now and we don’t plan on going anywhere else! If you’re looking for an email marketing platform that grows with your business and subscriber list, and that’s straightforward to use as well as efficient, then you don’t need to look any further than ConvertKit. My team and I find that it allows us to meet our goals quickly, deliver quality content, and all without overcomplicating things. Sometimes simple is best!

Pros

It’s hard to find things not to like about ConvertKit. I think one of the best things is that there is no major learning curve. You don’t have to be an expert in email marketing to understand how to use the software. Everything is pretty intuitive. And when you do have a problem figuring something out, they have amazing tutorials available as well as a very responsive and helpful customer service team. Each time I ran into an issue, it would be solved by their team in a blink of an eye. I also love that it integrates with the software we use at our company and with our clients, such as Acuity Scheduling and LeadPages. Finally, ConvertKit has all the features we need for our email marketing efforts to be a success: great segmentation, automations, and confirmation email option.

Cons

I think their reporting and their A/B testing could be more advanced. However, given they’re constantly improving things, I believe that these features will soon be improved. I will say that for the needs of small businesses and teams, what ConvertKit offers is absolutely sufficient.

Dustin S.

Best UX and easiest to use EMS

Overall, the product is solid, reliable, and support is friendly and responsive.

Pros

ConvertKit does a great job at making things simple. The UI is easy to navigate, and templates are easy to set up and implement. Automations are also very easy to set up with a visual interface. Ultimately, what ConvertKit does better than any other app I've used is: they make it easy to create and send an email to subscribers.

Cons

What I don't like the most about ConvertKit is the pricing. For small creators who maybe aren't making a living yet, and are not emailing frequently, the cost is heavy if you have a big list of subscribers.

EV

Emilie V.

Management Consulting, self-employed

Une gestion saine de sa email list grâce à Convertkit

Excellent service à la clientèle, facile de s'adapter à l'outil et je sens que cette plateforme est très sécuritaire, à la fois pour moi et pour la confidentialité de mes abonnés.

Pros

Avec Convertkit, il n'y a pas de frais caché. Lorsqu'on est membre, nous avons accès à tout ce qui est inclus dans notre plan et les fonctionnalités sont nombreuses. En bonus, le design épuré me permet d'être efficace.

Cons

En tant qu'utilisatrice francophone, depuis quelques mois, je ne suis plus capable d'écrire directement dans mes infolettre avec les raccourcis claviers pour écrire mes accents. Ce qui est tannant car je dois faire du copier-coller. Avant, ça fonctionnait toutefois.

Showing original review in French. See translation

SR

Sharon R.

Media Production, self-employed

Will Convertkit Work For Me

It's been great because I moved with a plan in place to create a system that I wanted and was organized.

Pros

It is reasonably easy to set up, you do need some guidance as to the wording used but it works most of the time and that's what's important.

Cons

The optin boxes and landing pages need some work.

KK

Krishna K.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

One of the top email marketing tool

Convertkit is highly helpful to get more subscribers and sales for your company

Pros

The automation and segmentation option in Convertkit is the best feature through which you will be able to send automated and personalized emails as per various segments in your list

Cons

The price is very high compared to other email marketing tools

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Amazing tool for Content Creators

ConvertKit is a great tool for email marketing. It does what I need it to do and let's me create attractive campings, landing pages and newsletters.

Pros

There are a lot of things to love about ConvertKit. It's easy to understand and you can get started quite quickly. The tool has good segmentation, automations, and confirmation emails. Also the email builder works really well!

Cons

The thing I like least is the pricing. If you're just starting out, the price can be a bit high depending on the amount of subscribers.

HY

Hayut Y.

Market Research, 1-10 employees

ConvertKit is among the essential software in our company

Pros

ConvertKit is a very reliable software, easy to use, and user-friendly.

Cons

I’m pleased with the software. I would like to get more information about the email reader.

SP

Simon P.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Solid and improving email marketing software

Overall ConvertKit is a good solid option, but only really if you're using the paid version. The free version lacks a lot of the good features. It is priced competitively and once you learn how to use it, it's pretty user friendly. Reliability wise, I've never had a problem as far as I can recall. Customer service is pretty quick and I've even reached out to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] via Twitter and he was responsive.

Pros

When I started using ConvertKit it was a relative new entrant to the market and a competitor to the likes of MailChimp and AWeber. It was started by someone who had used other email marketing solutions and and had tried to overcome issues with these solutions. This meant for someone who was reasonably software literate it was straightforward to use and had some great features, and these have been added to as time has gone on.

Cons

There has been an update on the landing page section which meant I could no longer use one of sign-up forms, which was used multiple times over my website. Although necessary for them, it caused me as a user quite a headache to resolve. Also, if you go over a threshold of subscribers, the price goes up automatically...if you go back below the threshold you have to tell them to move you back down. The free option is not particularly great for brand new websites and on websites I have built for others, they've tended towards something like MailerLite initially.

MG

Michelle G.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Best email marketing platform I've found for marketing my online courses

Great experience overall. My sales are better because I can be super specific with who I'm emailing, based on their interests (links they've clicked, courses they're already enrolled in, etc.). I love that I can market specifically instead of blasting every sales email to every subscriber blindly. And I know my subscribers appreciate this, too.

Pros

I love that ConvertKit has so many capabilities. There are a million different ways you can tag or segment your audience, and it integrates with the other platform I use for selling my online courses, Thinkific. I really love that together with Thinkific, it knows which email subscribers have purchased what, and their interest (all based on tags I set up). I also love the step-by-step instructions that ConvertKit provides for setting up these processes.

Cons

There's a tiny learning curve when you first get into it. There are a LOT of features and capabilities, but once you get the hang of the basics you'll realize how much you can do with ConvertKit. Plus, there are great step-by-step tutorials offered by ConvertKit. And their Help Desk is actually helpful!

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Great email marketing platform if you are NOT a beginner.

I'm not an email marketing beginner, but I tried ConvertKit and I didn't stay with them. I found their platform to be overwhelming, clunky, and I did not like the way the emails to my subscribers looked. The emails are quite plain. As an online business coach for women with service-based businesses, I dont' want to be tinkering around for a long time trying to figure out how to use an email marketing platform i'm paying for and I also want my emails to stand out. ConvertKit doesn't do either of those things for me.

Pros

This is by far the best platform for organizing how you want your email series to be sent out as well as for tagging subscribers according to how they respond to your emails (like if they click on a button in your email to learn more, sign up for something, buy something, etc.). If you know what you're doing, this is an intuitive platform that allows you to keep track of what your subscribers are doing and then target them with the appropriate marketing.

Cons

I feel like ConvertKit isn't beginner friendly because when you first sign onto there the interface is too overwhelming. The positive is that they give you a lot of options as to what you can do in email marketing and then the negative is that they give you too much options so then, like I said, it just looks overwhelming as a platform to work with. They do have tutorials though as well as a trial so you can get to know the platform before you jump into the monthly fee that starts at $29.

MM

Marie M.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

I have two ConvertKit accounts, because they work so well!

Most likely, I'll stick with ConvertKit for the long haul. They've got enough features to cover my basic needs - considering it's only myself and maybe a VA here and there, even if I had more bells and whistles, it's likely I wouldn't have the bandwidth to take advantage of them. So, ConvertKit has fit my needs perfectly and their customer service is exceptional!

Pros

I migrated to ConvertKit in 2016 and have never had a problem with their service being down. I love how reliable they are! Once you get the lay of the land, ConvertKit is real easy to use too. Their software is straight forward and can do a ton for the low-cost compared to Ontraport and Infusionsoft.

Cons

A lot of my friends have been moving to Active Campaign, because they say AC has more analytic features than CK. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but I do wish I could have better data from CK on best days and time of day my emails are being received. I wish I could see which email subject lines are working best for me. I wish I could have an overview calendar of what was previously sent rather than having to thumb back page after page. I wish that ConvertKit's email templates were easier to use -- I don't know coding and had a designer help me out.

GL

Gina L.

E-Learning, self-employed

Smarter email marketing

ConvertKit has been a great tool for my business over the years and I'll continue to use it moving forward. They update and adapt regularly so it's an email marketing service that's worth your time if you're thinking of investing or upgrading.

Pros

I've been using ConvertKit for a long time and in that time I've used it to get a little smarter when growing my email list. It's one thing to send weekly emails to your growing list, but it's another to segment specific users, tag them and put them into different categories so you can send them personalised emails. ConvertKit allows you to do all of this in a very user-friendly way. One of the...

Cons

ConvertKit allows you to tag people who purchase products through their various integrations but it's a bit lacking in terms of data on this. You can see the products they've purchased, but you can't see where they came from. Which means it's much harder to see a holistic view of your marketing strategy with ConvertKit at the heart.

Internet, self-employed

Use it pretty much everyday

Pros

I've tried pretty much every email marketing platform under the sun and for me Convertkit is leagues above the rest, mostly in useability. I'm after software that's simple (most providers make you go through 100 unnecessary steps to send a simple broadcast or set up an automation) but also powerful. Simply because of ease of use and everything just works, it's the best option. Other platforms promise a frustrating future.

Cons

It is fairly expensive, though they've gotten a free tier now which is great. I wish they had better reporting that wasn't exclusive to the pro option. And their customer support... it used to be good but over the past year or so it's really fallen in the hole. They take ages (as in days per response that may or may not have solved the problem) to get back to you, and instead of getting back to you they have a whole 'triage team' who come back after a few days to say they've recieved it and someone will take care of it. It's really stupid. That could be taken care of by a bot, and they should have hired more support instead of more middle management. It's just weird. Hopefully it's just a phase and they return to what it was.

Laura D.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Convert to ConvertKIt

I'm a convert! And, I recommend it to everyone who wants to grow a list.

Pros

I think the tech support is the most helpful feature. The tutorials are great. And if I can't make something work, I send an email to support describing my problem/question and they send back step-by-step instructions for fixing the problem!!! The response time is very quick, often in a few hours - I think this is super responsive. Also, when you change to ConvertKit from another platform they migrate...

Cons

I had a little trouble figuring out how to customize the text at bottom of my emails, the update subscriber info and unsubscribe. I got it figured out but it took me an hour or so.

MB

Mia B.

Online Media, self-employed

Convertkit is my email service provider. Here's why...

Pros

Like most brand new online entrepreneurs I started off with Mailchimp which is free. As I grew my list and my marketing techniques I needed something more robust with more options to segment out my list (not really done with the free platforms). I now have so many sequences and segments that are completely automated and my list has been actively growing. ConvertKit is "customer-based" instead of "list-based"...

Cons

This is not an intuitive software initially- especially if you're coming from a list-based provider like Mailchimp. There will be mistakes and there will be a learning curve. But that comes along with running a business. Luckily, the chat and email customer service is generally pretty active and helpful. I've used them a lot.

Real Estate, self-employed

Great Option for the Solopreneur

I use this service for a relatively small email list I just started, and it works really well for the price. I use the optin forms and email sequences to gain more email subscribers on a regular basis. I also love that I can create really simple and easy to design automation flows between opt-ins and my general email newsletter. This is something I use on a daily basis.

Pros

I recently switched over to ConvertKit from another service after reading positive reviews. I like their format for sending emails to subscribers so much more than any other platform I've used. The emails are really modern looking and simple, so they're appealing to my audience when I send them. I also like that I can simply reuse my last email and make changes to just the content. It makes sending...

Cons

Some of the ways to organize subscribers are a little confusing to a newbie. You can sort them into segments as well as mark users with tags. I wish it were more clear what each one did at first glance. I also wish there were more options to design the optin forms. They are pretty basic and there isn't a lot of room for creativity, but they are still functional.

MT

Mo T.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Great for newsletters!

Overall, ConvertKit is our current mailing provider for our newsletter. We've grown accustomed to it to and use it weekly for our newsletter sends and daily on my end for metrics reporting and analysis. It's easy to use, not overly complicated - yet full of useful features - and really helps us communicate with our beloved, amazing audience. The custom code feature is a particular favourite as well as the metrics breakdown and reporting. I personally and genuinely enjoy the ease of use the most in a metrics-reporting context and certainly think it's a good contender for newsletters and mailing lists.

Pros

The ease of use of Convertkit is the most useful aspect of this tool. Your metrics are in good view for when you need to determine campaign success, it has tonnes of features ranging from things like templates to custom code which makes content creation a breeze and it's usability makes it easy even for a novice like me to use!

Cons

I think pricing could be improved a tad particularly as there are more competitive providers in the market with more affordable ranges. I think this may put off a lot of first time creators in particular, especially those who are initially starting out, however it's still fairly reasonable. Furthermore, and this could be completely my technical illiteracy speaking, I think features like integrations for things like real time metrics updates for client/customer facing landing pages could be a cool addition. For instance, I was looking into a function where I could display our subscriber count that would update in real time on the website in accordance with the number of subscribers we're getting on the daily, however couldn't find a way to do this.

Internet, self-employed

Powerful email marketing

Overall, ConvertKit is a great option for bloggers or small business owners who want to make the most of their email marketing efforts. I've used several providers over the years and ConvertKit is currently my top choice.

Pros

The automation features that involve tagging subscribers and setting up sequences allow for a lot of potential. There are many ways to deliver highly-targeted emails to your subscribers with ConvertKit.

Cons

The starting price of $29 per month is higher than most competitors. As your email list gets bigger and you move into higher-priced plans, ConvertKit's pricing is more on par with competitors, but the starting price is definitely high compared to some of the other options.

SM

Stephanie M.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

The best email software for bloggers and course creators

Pros

ConvertKit is your best friend if you are a course or content creator and need to manage a lot of email addresses, send weekly emails, and use automations and auto-emails for sales and marketing. I do a lot of lead magnet generation and have so many different segments of email subscribers - CK is made exactly for this. I love how simple it is, it doesn't got bogged down with email design too much, it's more about functionality and high deliverability.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't love about ConvertKit for email. For landing page design, there's a lot of customization that's missing, but I don't use it for that primarily.

TB

Tom B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Convertkit is awesome.

I am a huge fan of Convertkit. I think it is the best email marketing tool currently available.

Pros

It’s incredibly simple to use yet has some super powerful features.

Cons

Honestly, I haven’t found anything I don’t like about Convertkit. My only slight issue is integrating it with Membermouse.

LH

Louise H.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Love the automation Convertkit provides

I needed an email software that reaches leads without going into their junk email, that was reliable, flexible and allowed many different pathways for leads. This makes it so much easier to send personalized messages.

Pros

I love the detailed automation you can set up and it is fairly easy once you know how. I really like the function that you can tag leads and send them into different funnels and send them personalized emails. This helps with conversion rate.

Cons

It does take a little bit to learn. Such as when you set up rules and such in the automation it can get a little overwhelming but once you get the hang of it, it is easy and quick to set up.

Jared D.

Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees

Straightforward Email Automations and Sequences

I am currently trying ConvertKit to see if I want to purchase it for my business. As of this moment, I like it and plan on purchasing it. You have to put in a lot of time upfront creating your email content, but once that's done, ConvertKit runs automatically. I like that a lot!

Pros

ConvertKit has a straightforward and easy-to-use interface for setting up email campaigns. Setting up an automated sequence is as easy as writing each email and dragging them into the order you want them sent. They also make it easy to assign tags to subscribers and segment your lists.

Cons

Convert kit doesn't have as many design tools as some of the other email services. This includes email designs and opt-in form designs. However, there are other 3rd party opt-in programs that integrate easily with ConvertKit. My biggest pet peeve is the fact that there's no "undo" button in the email editor (at least I couldn't find one). I have made several mistakes that a simple undo button would have saved me from undoing.