ConvertKit Reviews - Page 4

Aleia W.

Great investment for online biz owners

I am able to connect with my audience and generate sales.

Pros

I love the ability to edit the HTML & CSS directly from the editor, a la WordPress. You can easily make an email as simple or as complex as you want using this tool. And the tagging and automation features are clutch.

Cons

I wish there was a more introductory pricing level. It's the tool I think clients should use, however it's more difficult of an investment when there's no immediate ROI

TH

Trish H.

E-Learning, self-employed

Much easier to use than the other one I signed up for

Thoroughly enjoying the ability to tag readers based on what they click. My list is getting more segmented so I can speak to them more clearly.

Pros

It is very intuitive. Anything I didn't know I could easily search and find an article that covered it. Much more affordable than another software I tried, and although the other one had more bells and whistles, I couldn't figure it out and didn't need most of it.

Cons

I'd like to be able to split test more. You can split test two subject lines, but that's it.

KC

Kari C.

Great for managing my subscribers!

Pros

I love that Converkit allows me to tag my subscribers and segment my list as much as a want. It allows me to easily tag subscribers that click on links in my emails. It allows me to tag however I want. I can send an email with questions and depending on what answer my subscribers click I can have them tagged and segmented to another email series etc. There is so much that can be automated and controlled with Convertkit. If you're using an email system that doesn't allow you to segment, tag, and automate then Convertkit will be a game changer for you.

Cons

There is a learning curve but their customer support is awesome and they will chat or get on the phone with you if you have any questions. They also have a HELP section and some video training.

Muhammad S.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

ConvertKit | Email Marketing

I was using some famous email marketing tools but after using ConvertKit, I'm really in love with it. Love you guys for such a perfect solution.

Pros

- Best in price - Easy to use - Perfect email marketing tool

Cons

- Nothing - Its really perfect - I love it

Craige Hardel -.

Versatile platform for bloggers

Decent application for our main website. Didn't quite fit for more than one brand despite it's features

Pros

Simple to setup and use. Automations are not complicated and no lists

Cons

Can't duplicate a lead. Despite not being list based when someone unsubscribes there isn't an option to only remove them from a list. A bit of a hindrance for us

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Converkit takes my email marketing to a whole new level

Pros

Hands down what I love the most about convert kit is the drag-and-drop sequence builder. I used to wonder how so many emails would come in depending on what I clicked on when people were marketing to me. Now I am able to create awesome funnels in convertkit without having to be so tech savvy. My list has grown by 750 subscribers in the past month after only having 300 subscribers in the previous 5 months using a competitor. The difference was leveraging the broadcasts and sequences more as well as coming up with better forms, as well as reporting which helped me understand where website visitors were more likely to engage with an opt-in form.

Cons

I wish there were a lot more reporting features in convertkit as well as a more robust set of email templates and multiple customization options, especially for the price.

Carlos Adrián V.

is the easiest to use mailing software

Pros

after using different software I got to convertkit and solve all my problems, its interface and the ease to create different campaigns has been fabulous, its integration with shopify is native, that made my job really easy

Cons

I would like you to have an assistant for the creation of snippets for the post editor, although that is not limiting to use HTML code in the editor

Kate J.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Great lightweight, but still powerful email marketing tool

Pros

ConvertKit has put a lot of time into making sure that their tools are easy to use and understand. For a content creator, it takes the hassle out of a lot of work - and the work that is most important if you want to be able to earn a living creating. Their community is easily the best part - a supportive and helpful bunch. Whether you aren't technically inclined or are looking to make your way as a creator they have some amazing help and advice to offer. Also, as a very mission-driven company, they are very easy to get behind. I haven't really encountered important functionality that was missing when I needed it. They keep it simple, and through that, very powerful.

Cons

It's disappointing that there isn't a visual email editor - but good news! It's on the way!! (I couldn't be more excited. )

JD

Joan D.

Convert to ConvertKit

Pros

Just migrated from Infusionsoft/Keap and couldn't be happier with the support I got during the (MASSIVE) migration. Friendly, timely, helpful, easy to access, always fun. So, the support is amazing. And so far, right out of the gate, I created a major launch for an online course and ConvertKit is operating swimmingly . . . also, their video tutorials rock, so learning is fun and easy. And there is SO much flexibility in setting up rules for tracking your customers . . . you can do virtually anything to keep your customers getting the information they want, and none that they don't want. Yay, ConvertKit!

Cons

So far, just some quirky things in the app that need workarounds, but the good news is, support tells you what those are and helps you do what you need to do.

IK

Ira K.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Does the job!

Overall, Convertkit is a great option for anyone that’s looking to grow their online business. It’s indeed an essential part of email marketing and certainly one of the more popular ones out there.

Pros

Convertkit is super easy to use - I love that I can login and quickly see a snapshot of my subscribers list growth. I also appreciate the more advanced features such as tagging and automations - they’re all super simple to set up.

Cons

The email templates design is limited - you need to know how to inject CSS code if you ever think of wanting to customize your email. Also I had a couple of incidents where the automations that I set up didn’t run properly.

Brionne G.

Financial Services, self-employed

Nice to Have Everything in One Place

Pros

I like that ConvertKit combined email marketing with on-site marketing. It makes a lot of sense for these services to be combined, but I've always had separate accounts (i.e. MailChimp and Privy). I like that they provide you with templates for the various types of forms and landing pages. But if you don't find something that's just right, you can easily add your own CSS too make the form perfect for your needs. I was also impressed by the wealth of offerings and am looking forward to testing out the visual automation email tool.

Cons

I wish there were more templates. I don't love the current selection, perhaps there would be more templates if I upgraded my account? I'm not sure. I feel like the pricing is a little steep, but you do get a lot of features for what you pay.

Regina H.

Never goes to spam

Pros

I like that the emails are never delivered to spam which is a problem I've had with other platforms. I also love the template creation tool that helps me create emails faster

Cons

That the emails look too simple, I would love to be able to add more visuals to my emails

Matt M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

By far the easiest email marketing tool

Overall, I'm a huge fan. I've recommended it to several of my clients as well. The simplicity is its greatest strength. I'm willing to pay more and have less features if it's actually EASY TO USE!

Pros

The sequence builder. Hands down the easiest, most customer friendly autoresponder builder on the planet. I've tested at least 10 different ESP's and Convertkit is the only one I actually ENJOY.

Cons

I wish there were more automation abilities like Activecampaign. Feels a bit limited compared to some competitors.

JY

Jennifer Y.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Feature rich

Pros

It has a ton of features, my favorite are sequences. I came from another email marketing software that was bare bones.

Cons

It's a little pricey, but it is worth it.

Shannon C.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Great Concept but the Product has been a Bit Glitchy for us.

Overall, I really like the ConvertKit concept. If we can get everything working properly, we will be loyal customers.

Pros

We moved to ConvertKit from another popular email company because of its single list option. It's great having just one list with the ability to use tags and segments to group everyone. The automations and broadcasts have been easy to create and publish as well.

Cons

Unfortunately, the setup has not been a smooth one so far. We've had popup issues (not connecting properly) and the dashboard numbers being off; however, we are hopeful. It can sometimes take hours to hear back from customer support which can be a challenge when you have a time-sensitive launch, but when you do hear back, they are nice and try to assist with any issues.

E-Learning, self-employed

Highly recommend ConvertKit for email marketing

I have contacted their customer support twice and both times had a response quickly.

Pros

Their system is very easy to use and didn't required training for me to learn how to use it.

Cons

I really haven't had any issues with ConvertKit as of yet.

TK

Therese K.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Excellent product

Pros

Compared to other email marketing options I've used, ConvertKit is fairly easy to use.

Cons

Even though it's fairly easy to use, it can be a little confusing. However, much less than other services I've used.

EN

Eric N.

Accounting, self-employed

Lots of features, could be for budget friendly.

Pros

Automations and connections make processes very simple. Segmentation and tagging make it easy to deliver content only to those who want it rather than send everyone everything. Support is great and very responsive.

Cons

There could be a lower tier for 0-500 at a more affordable price since most people take time to build up. A lot of the instructions can be made clearer and less technical. Built-in editor needs work.

Jennifer L.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Real review from a long time user

Great experience. Have been using it for years.

Pros

What I like most about Convertkit is the ease of use. A beginner can go in and learn how to send emails, create campaigns, incentivize emails, email sequence setup and more very easily. What kept me away from email marketing for a long time was difficulty. I tried with a few different competitors with no success.

Cons

The pricing is a bit high. I wish there was a free option with a slow progression in price. The starting price is high and it gets even higher with the more subscribers you have.

Megan G.

Officially Obsessed

My overall experience is incredibly positive. After my two-week free trial, I happily paid for a membership. In fact, I don't think I even waited that long...

Pros

I switched to ConvertKit after trying my hand at ClickFunnels (did NOT like this), and ConvertKit has been an absolute lifesaver. It has everything you need but is incredibly user-friendly. Even I'm able to navigate it with ease, and setting up sequences, automations, etc. has never been my expertise. Customer service is amazing and works quickly to give you the help you need. Training materials are awesome. Best of all, IT WORKS! I recommend ConvertKit to everyone I talk to.

Cons

I honestly haven't found anything I don't like about it.

JM

Juliana M.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Short learning curve

Pros

The learning curve of this software is very straight forward.

Cons

I still think the price is a little high if you compare to other softwares, specially if the dollar is not your main currency.

SB

Sam B.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

ConvertKit: The Best Email Marketing Platform from Creators to Creators!

Pros

ConvertKit is an excellent platform for creators, mainly because it was itself created by a creator.

Cons

It could get expensive with time. But it is worth it.

Religious Institutions, self-employed

Great support

So far so great! I prepared and sent my first newsletter. I attended training and learned all about landing pages and forms, and look forward to following their recommendations!

Pros

I love the training and support, and how they work to assure email deliver ability. Even if it means restrictions on what I can do. I was even on chat at weird hours asking questions and they were there!

Cons

I would love it if it had more email design and layout templates and options like mail chimp or strips.email

Broadcast Media, self-employed

Great software, but kind of expensive

Overall, I loved the software and how easy it was to use. I just had to stop using it for budget reasons.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to set up automations and keep subscribers categorized with tags instead of using lists.

Cons

The only con for me was the price. This one is a little more expensive than others.

Nazim A.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Good email marketing tool for aspiring marketers

Pros

First of all, I like how affordable is it compared to other email marketing tools. It's a robust tool with lots of marketing features.

Cons

Overall, Convertkit is great, Sometimes I feel, the email filtration feature could improve further.