Emma Reviews

4.1

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.6/10

Reviews by rating

I like that you can create super professional emails. I liked the templates one could choose from and ability to use links.
Their customer service is over the top great, and the service they offer to build templates for you is well worth the small investment.
I love how streamlined and easy to use this software was. Much different than any other email marketing tool, but I loved the clean and easy-to-use templates.
Not only was it much more expensive to move from Constant Contact, there are a number of missing functionalities.
There were two areas that were considerably frustrating when it came to Emma.
We do multiple enewsletters but the formatting and styling options are passé and lame.

Jordan B.

VP

Retail, 11-50 employees

Not a huge fan for entry level work

Transcript

Jordan B.: Hi, I'm Jordan, vice president. And I give Emma a three out of five stars. For more reviews...

JL

Jeff L.

Very user friendly with lots of features for marketing and great price

Pros

I found the program to be very user friendly with applicable features for marketing and the price point is great value, great for the beginner as it allows simple direct and email marketing with tracking

Cons

Really cant think of any cons except that if you are looking for a marketing program that is advanced then this may not be the one for you, that said it is a very effective marketing email platform. This is so much better than Marketo.

NV

Nancy V.

Team was very helpful!

Pros

Ease of us and the ability to make a newsletter look very professional. Your tech support is very good and I didn't have to wait a long time for the answer.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to remember all the steps for completion and the time zone setting. Wish there was an on chat function for help.

Sarah Catherine T.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great option for my small company

Would suggest to anyone! Offers our company (less than 1M nonprofit) exactly what we need for mass donor commmunicatkon.

Pros

Used friendly, integrates with my CRM database, easy to use templates, plug and play so I can make my monthly newsletter, good click analytics

Cons

I run a small nonprofit and, especially for the price, Emma offers us an incredible service. If I had one Con it would be the customization of my emails. With our subscription and templates provided, we are very limited on what we can edit in our emails. But again, being the size we are, I wouldn’t expect different and the setup makes it easy for us to create nice looking emails.

JS

Joseph S.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Easy to use Email marketing App

I've used Emma for years now and I like it just fine, I wish that scheduling campaigns was slightly easier and I would like to have more creative ability with the drag and drop editor but all in all, it is a solid email campaign app.

Pros

Drag and drop editor, easy to comprehend customer lists, functions that everyone can understand

Cons

limited functionality with drag and drop editor, setting up multiple emails for a single campaign can be tedious, unable to have multiple 'From' addresses

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

She's ok

Pros

I like how easy it is to send yourself tests of the emailers you create. The drag and drop tool is straightforward too. Support is pretty helpful and easy to get connected with.

Cons

I don't like if I have to change out an image in an email and a link and metadata are already assigned, the link and metadata automatically clear out and I have to reassign it. Over the years of using it, it seems like it is slow to load and I've used it in a variety of browsers.

GB

George B.

Up & Coming Email Marketing Platform w/ Rich Features and Phenomenal Support

New marketing/analytics features not scene on other platforms

Pros

I really like that there are many features that are not available on other email marketing platforms. If you do email marketing, you MUST try EMMA for their marketing/analytics features

Cons

Since they're still pretty new, they looked over some simple features that other platforms have. and that they didn't implement, but they are adding features often and customer support is very receptive.

CH

Christian H.

Great email marketing product

Pros

They have a great email marketing platform that allows users to track their campaigns with great data metrics. Their templates are very user friendly for any experience level.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software platform is that they only offer a paid version option...

WT

Walter T.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Emma Email Marketing

This product serves the purpose, however we need a solution that integrates with our CRM (Recruiter) so we had to move away from it.

Pros

Drag and drop feature makes set up rather easy. It also gives the opportunity to edit the HTML if needed. This comes in handy with line spacing, especially if it is pasted from an outside document.

Cons

Line-spacing can be tricky sometimes if pasted from an outside document, even if you use "paste without styles". More analytics for sends would be nice.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Great for sending Mass emails!

Pros

Love how you can send Mass emails! Emma has a great customizable features so you can design what you want your email to look like. Lots of great features! Also it is fairly easy to figure out to use.

Cons

Emma is easy to use ONCE you get the hang of where you do to download the emails and how to use the features to customize your email. You have to play around with it little bit to get the hang of the software.

Zeke D.

11-50 employees

Emma is simple enough, but a bit lackluster.

Pros

I like the "click map" that is sort of a "heat map" of where the audience is clicking within the emails.

Cons

Overall it is pretty clunky with a lack of design elements. I feel like it is kind of like a first generation MailChimp, but not quite as dated as Constant Contact.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Great email software

Great software to send emails. Easy to use, great reporting/analysis, and features to optimize open rates and get through the clutter.

Pros

Easily works with our internal database. We send all of our email communication to alumni through emma. Very easy to use, has great reporting (analysis on email rates - opt outs, open, clicks, etc.), lets you test subject lines, and have emails look like it is coming from a person (will show in inbox as coming from a person) even though its from a general email.

Cons

So far we have had a wonderful experience with Emma and have continued to experiment with all the features it offers.

RW

Rick W.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

My favorite mass email tool

Mass email solutions are turning into a commodity but Emma is by far my favorite. It was so easy to create an email that looked exsactly how I wanted and I'm not that technical. The integration with Salesforce is also really handy. When I did have a question I couldn't find an easy answer for I called their support line and actually talked to a person who cared and understood exactly what I was trying to do and had a quick answer for me.

Pros

Best looking email tool I've used. Response and link-clink tracking super handy. List building was easy enough. Salesforce integration.

Cons

Sometimes building a list seems harder than it should be, but I'm really nit-picking.

KH

Kyle H.

Fund-Raising, 51-200 employees

Simple and Easy to use Platform

We've been using Emma for basic email marketing to customers that sign up for a loyalty program.

Pros

- Easy to start up and use - Simple to import contacts and track marketing attempts - User interface is very streamlined and easy to navigate - Ability to measure metrics and results via a mobile app

Cons

- Pricing scheme is a little hard to understand - Would like better integrations with other software platforms

TW

TOM W.

Design, self-employed

Emma makes it smart and keeps it easy

A couple years back I was a novice to the workings of Emma. Thrown into the abyss of mass emailing by a client who needed help, I was relieved and pleased with the ease of operation, direction, and support.

Pros

Ease of design and production of mailing. Response of Customer Support. Analytics

SK

Steph K.

Biotechnology, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to Use

Pros

I like this software because it’s easy to use and has really helped me with marketing. Performance tracking feature is great.

Cons

I didn’t have any issues with the software.

BB

Bob B.

Biotechnology, 11-50 employees

The ease of use left a bit to be desired but overall it's a decent solution

We used it for a while and when we weren't pushing the capabilities too hard, it was fine for basic use.

Pros

I liked the general layout and interface along with the overall ease of understanding the reports. The latter, while not extremely granular, is fine for basic users. In fact, that sums up the software: fine for basic users but may be frustrating for those needing higher functions.

Cons

There were issues with saving my work and felt that the technical support could never satisfactorily address those issues so we eventually switched to another email client.

KE

Karen E.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Emma works for you

We have enjoyed Emma but we sometimes go to other things because we want to add audio — Emma cannot support audio. That’s one of our wheelhouses so we like to show that off, not just our video.

Pros

Emma has a very robust format and capability. It allows us to post video change design formats and use our original work.

Cons

It is no so user friendly. Takes lots of tome to introduce new users. Complex compared to other tools we use. And more costly.

GT

Gina T.

Philanthropy, 1-10 employees

Trendy yet perfectly executed product

Pros

This is such a wonderful product that truly takes campaign marketing to a whole new level through thought personalization and razor-sharp automation.

Cons

There are so many campaign automation and email marketing products that I have grown to love over the years so to take on a whole new software was tough at first but, but worth it in the end in my opinion.

Events Services, self-employed

Great email marketing product

Pros

Emma is extremely easy to use! I love how easy it is to edit and format emails even if you don’t have a strong graphic design background.

Cons

I have had nothing but good experiences using Emma!

Higher Education,

Used monthly for 2+ years

This is a great product!

Pros

I love the ease of use and automation. I would like more templates to quickly get emails out but I have always been able to modify the existing templates.

Cons

Automation with our website doesn't always work and I struggle to find the cause. I wish there was a notification feature when an automation process did not work or a new user did not get an email. (or was already on the list)

Used monthly for 2+ years

I have been using this service for many years. Very happy.

Marketing my business and keeping my clients/prospects up to date.

Pros

I shopped around and the most important aspect was to get a human on the phone and solve my problems when they came up. My Emma is not the cheapest service out there but they have great customer service. AAA+++

Cons

I have no complaints about this service. They only charge me when I use it which is about every 45 days.

JM

Jordan M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Show Their Values When You Want to Leave

A couple team members were very helpful at first (as a new customer), and the. The support declines once they get you to sign a contract. Currently trying to buy out the contract, but they still won’t cancel us for another 9 months.

Pros

The support seemed helpful at first, and seemed like they had a good integration with Kindful—doesn’t appear to be the case though.

Cons

Not easy to use. Doesn’t seem to compare to other products out there. They show their true values when you try to cancel.

Hi Jordan! I hate to hear you weren¿t happy with the Kindful integration. Kindful both built that integration and manages all of the support for it, and I¿m sure they¿d be open to any feature requests you¿d like to pass along to them directly to help improve their integration going forward. Since posting this review, I see that you¿re in communication with our billing team on cancelling your account, and that¿s the right team to continue that conversation. Thanks for your feedback!

BW

Bryony W.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great platform for email marketing

Data-rich email marketing tool.

Pros

Great customer service - they are always available and helpful. Easy to use for the most part. We don't use the templates much, but they were a good starting point. Great analytics for open rates, click rates, and user-level response data.

Cons

I don't like that there isn't a simple "undo" button - but there is a version history I don't like that sometimes the CMS editing gets funky / doesn't honor what you are selecting for font types etc. I wish it was more responsive with Android.

BZ

Barbara Z.

Plastics, 51-200 employees

ALGIX Loves Emma

Emma has been a great tool for us at ALGIX as our company has grown out of the startup phase. Emma is easy to use and makes it simple for us to create great emails. We look forward to continuing to grow with the help of Emma!

RB

Rachel B.

Very easy to use

Emma is incredibly accessible for first-timers, both in the site interface and responsive email design. It also has many useful features that make mass email easier, and continues to roll out more. Their customer service is also very responsive, courteous and knowledgeable. The only downside is that the search function is not as robust as it could be, so it can be difficult to find groups and older campaigns if you're prolific.