Flipsnack Reviews

4.47/5 (83 reviews)

Jennifer Jenkins

Good product, but looking forward to future improvements

Reviewed 2019-07-29

We have a very limited (beta, really) type of "intranet" which is not very interactive and really only allows for links to information, which with all the employee information we need to put out there, results in a lot of scrolling. Flipsnack allows me to condense all those links into a more dynamic and visually engaging product, cutting down on the clutter of our employee self-service website.

Pros
It is relatively easy to use/self-teach how to use, and I find the analytics feature useful as we had no prior means to be able to gauge whether or not the information being published was being accessed or read. With the analytics feature, I'm able to home in on what topics need to be better promoted to our employees.

Cons
I would like to be able to have more customization ability, such as the ability to size an embedded flipbook (most books are embedded on our intranet and they appear much too small or with too much padding, despite attempts to resize the book in the HTML coding). I'd also like to be able to have the title of the bookshelves appear directly over (or on) the shelf itself so that the shelves could be better organized and easier for readers to understand what topics are on the shelf.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your great review! We're glad to hear that you find the analytics feature useful. Also, when you copy the embed code of the flipbook, you have the option to leave it responsive or set some custom sizes for the embed. Maybe this helps.
Thank you for your suggestions regarding our bookshelf widget. I have forwarded them to our tech team, so stay tuned for new updates!

Lara Gutierrez

Happy with Flipsnack overall but few improvements suggested!

Reviewed 2019-01-25

I suscribed to Flipsnack as I had to create a project for my thesis in order to graduate from my Masters Degree. I'm really happy with the outcome and I'll really consider to use it back again in the future. I'd like to say that the customer service is excellent and I think they really take the critics seriously, as when I asked them for the improvements mentioned above, I was really shocked and happy they did truly include them!

Pros
Flipsnack is super easy to use, all the tools on both sides of the screen are clearly and well organized as well as nicely introduced. I love the fact that you can either upload your pdf and edit it online or create a whole project from 0. My favourite thing is that Flipsnack provides you with looots of different layouts to create your project (from magazines to photo albums to menus) and that is simply wonderful as it makes you look really pro. I also liked the fact that it allows you to insert videos and links and integrate those (but only in the paid version). Also, it's great that it allows for various people to access the account at the same time so that you can work together while making the changes!

Cons
When I first suscribed to Flipsnack, I was shocked that it wasn't possible to write in the text boxes with justified text. There were only 3 options: central, aligned to the right or to the left, but no justified-text, so visually that made a huge impact and I didn't like it at all. I contacted the customer service and asked about it and they were really nice and said they would take that into consideration for their next update, and they really did! Now they've improved a lot since they introduced the option of text-justification. Also, I inquired about GIFs a few weeks later. I wanted to add a GIF to my magazine but realized it wasn't possible. After a little while, they updated that too!! So now it's possible to add GIFs and that's great! A negative thing is that when exporting the whole project into PDF the version is actually a bit poor and things move out of place, but the online version stays great.

Response from Flipsnack

What an awesome review, Lara! Thank you so much for the great feedback!

Sujee Kulendran

Flipsnack review

Reviewed 2019-01-22

It has been great. I would recommend this software to anyone looking for a simple, yet quality way to showcase any literature, videos or promoting any of their product/services.

Pros
You don't need to be tech savvy to get started. There are beautiful templates ready for you and a lot of options to customize. Publishing is simple and the entire process from creating to publishing is straightforward. Also, love the option to download PDF and JPG versions of the flipbooks. I use it a lot when I'm creating a flyer or poster for a project I'm working on.

Cons
There can be minor lags when opening up the flipbook and it would be great if we can get a table of contents widget as an option when building a flipbook from scratch, rather than only having that option available when uploading a PDF. I would love to see more regular updates with new templates.

Response from Flipsnack

Awesome review and awesome suggestions! Thank you!

Lauren Rubin

First time creating a flipbook -- easy!

Reviewed 2019-01-22

In general, Flipsnack has been easy to use. This is my first time creating flipbooks. I would love if Flipsnack could also assist with designs and make the editing process easier. It would be great to actually go into my test and make small edits.

Pros
All you have to do is create the pdf and upload. Easy to send a link.

Cons
The links didn't copy over from the pdf. I have to remember to add them in the finished flipbook online. Also couldn't figure out for a while how to not let clients see our other flipbooks. In addition, difficult to figure out how to edit the flipbook online (rather than deleting and uploading a new one).

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Lauren,
Please contact our support about the links situation. If they are added correctly as hyperlinks in the PDF they will be automatically imported in the flipbook, thus save you a lot of time. We'll probably ask for a sample PDF, test it out and see if there's a problem on our end, or we may have suggestions on how to add hyperlinks in the PDF.
We'll also keep your other suggestion in mind, regarding a design service team.
Thank you so much for giving us feedback!

Thomas Trueman

Great option for sharing documents

Reviewed 2019-05-15

Our documents are really big files, so being able to send the links rather than the files has meant we can now email all our promotional materials to clients really easily!

Pros
We love how easy it is to share all of our promotional material with our clients. The page turning effects are really eye catching and the ability to add video content, and enable download is really important for sales.

Cons
We want to keep all of our documents unlisted, but sometimes we forget to do this, it would be good to have the option to create default set up's as we also forget to list for download sometimes as well. It is easy to go back and change this fortunately though.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Thomas! Thank you very much for your awesome review. The default options feature is a great idea! We will definitely pass it on to our developing team.

Marie Locke

Awesome software

Reviewed 2019-01-22

Excellent customer service. If I have a question someone gets back to me right away and walks me through the steps. This program makes it easy for my customers to see what products I have on hand and saves me a lot of time.

Pros
I like how easy it is to use and how quickly I can update my catalogs.

Cons
I sometimes find it slow to go between pages but it could have something to do with the images I put on which make it take longer to load.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the kind review, Marie!
You are right about the images. You can optimize them for quick loading using tinyjpg.com

Wendy Collins

Terrible Customer Service

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-10-08

Not pleasant. Again, my magazine is beautiful but the tools that are available to some for growth, aren't available to everyone and there is no rhyme or reason behind their secret decision.

Pros
I like the ease of setting up and formatting my magazine. Flipsnack has a great interface for creating. It is easy to embed and can be customized to fit any width website.

Cons
They do nothing on their end to help drive viewers. There is an app now but you evidently have to be part of a secret service to have your magazine included on the app. The lack of inclusion in the app is the reason I will be removing my magazine from flipsnack. We needed the app platform for our readers to subscribe and view us consistently. When I talked to customer service about the issue, they did nothing and told me it just wasn't an option for me after not even understanding they had an app. I should have been offered a resolution, and I wasn't. The company itself isn't interested in supporting their customer's growth or giving us the option to create a sustainable product for our customers. Therefore, I'm out.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Thomas J Swisher

Flipsnack Review

Reviewed 2019-01-25

We are using it to display our print magazine online to web visitors and overally have had a good experience with Flipsnack.

Pros
Very easy to get started. We used several other products that were more expensive, less features and harder to use before finding Flipsnack.

Cons
Nothing yet that we have found but we are just beginning to use it at scale. If I were to pick something I would like to have more options it would be on gating it. We use it on a membership site so I have had to find ways to gate the pages themselves instead of the reader.

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Thomas,
Thank you for the kind review. It would be very helpful for us to know more about how you would like to gate access to your online magazine. Who knows, perhaps we'll find a solution! Please email us at contact@flipsnack.com

Cheryl Merz

Perfect Solution

Reviewed 2019-10-03

I'm using Flipsnack to create content for lead magnets and online courses

Pros
I wanted something different from a slide show presentation, and I wasn't up to speed on videos. Flipbooks offer a fun, interactive component even more engaging than letting people run their own slide show. Also love the multiple ways to share!

Cons
I understand there's a way to edit directly in the flipbook after creation. Found that to be too daunting to learn quickly (my fault, not yours), so I keep going back to the original presentation and re-uploading. Often, I seem to lose my original choices for options like whether to share publicly (I don't actually remember WHICH options, just trying to make you understand what I mean). If I just re-upload the content in an existing file, I'd like all those options to stick so I don't have to worry about choosing again.

Anonymous

A great way to share Creative Compilations

Reviewed 2019-05-21

Flipsnack allows me to share creations without giving up control of my work. I originally used Flipsnack to turn in creative works to professors and college administrators .

Pros
Flipsnack gives me a way to share digital versions of artists' books I create. Combining text with imagery in tactile books is a limited edition - with Flipsnack I can upload word docs in sections of a complete book (covers, chapters, colophon) and Flipsnack software merges them Into a whole. I do not have paid versions of Adobe products so part of Flipsnack's value is in providing me a pdf version of each book I upload.

Cons
Flipsnack's basIc version is good enough for me, although I do sometimes wish for the up-graded features, but I appreciate the flexability that lets me take down and put up different books to juggle my basic plan limits.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey there! Thank you for your kind words and awesome review!

Stephanie Stanley

A Good Solution for Creating PDF Booklets

Reviewed 2018-12-07

Flipsnack has been a good beginning solution for us. We needed to be able to provide potential and existing customers with an easier to read option for our catalogs and ebooks. Flipsnack was easy to use and implement and we never had any problems with our customers being able to view the products. It gives it that final professional touch!

Pros
It's simple to upload and converts quickly. I like that it has an editor in the app and that you can have interactive links in the booklet. I also like that it gives viewers the option to download a pdf version.

Cons
I wish you could customize the URL. This is only available with the highest paid plan.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for your kind words! We're happy to hear that Flipsnack is a good solution for you

Michelle Pizzinato

Love Flipsnack

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-11-30

Happy that I decided to go with flip snack. As previously mentioned their interface is very user friendly and its a great program to create online catalogs!!

Pros
I use flipsnack to make a online catalog for work. It is perfect for doing so and makes the catalog very easy to share. The interface is very user friendly and easy to use. Definitely was a great decision to go with flipsnack and i would recommend anyone to do the same!

Cons
Missing some features such as being able to change the size after the catalog is already made however when looking for a feature you can easily message their support team. They are so responsive and great!

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you Michelle! What a wonderful review!

April Stearns

Flipsnack Review

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-12-07

At WILDFIRE, we've been using Flipsnack for 18 months. It has definitely helped us feel much more legit in the magazine publishing world. I love that I can meet my readers where they want to read, whether it is digitally or in print, and Flipsnack keeps my digital readers very happy.

Pros
As the publisher of a magazine that is both digital and in print, Flipsnack has been great for giving my online readers a true-magazine feel without having to fork over the cash for the print version. I love how classy Flipsnack keeps my magazine. Prior to using Flipsnack, readers were scrolling vertically and it felt much more blog-like. The horizontal feel is much more like a traditional magazine.

Cons
Literally the only thing I would change if I could about the software is enable folks to continue to flip through the magazine after zooming in. It is a little cumbersome to zoom in, read, then have to zoom back out to flip the page.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you so much for the review.
We'll keep your suggestion in mind!

Sarah Lake

Takes some getting used to, but the end product is awesome...

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-01-22

I have been able to make the next-best-thing to a printed product menu and save a ton on printing and mailing. To me, my flip is far prettier than any PDF would be. Though I still have printed product menus, my flip book is always available on my website!

Pros
The final product- it's the best version of a "virtual" magazine/catalog that I could imagine. Very pretty and professional. You can customize nearly everything- the background, a "flip" sound, how the pages turn. It's very nice.

Cons
It is tricky to use at first, and doesn't feel intuitive. I had to search around for how to add/change/edit something, because it seems like buttons are in different places depending on where you're at in your editing. It took me several tries to figure out how to add pages and where to do so.

Response from Flipsnack

Such an awesome review! Thank you so much, Sarah!

Dan Cook

Text editor bug is a huge problem

Reviewed 2019-05-10

Awful customer service. Clearly outsourced oversees and with little knowledge of the product. No phone number available to call. Waste of time.

Pros
Very little. Basic functions work ok.

Cons
For weeks I have been going in circles with customer service having to prove that the view one sees in their EDITOR mode is different from the published mode. In short, the text box formatting has a bug and you cannot access the html to correct it. I have sent them several screen shots of the two and the obvious discrepancy and I have been getting back lame answers, mainly blaming me. Today they admitted to the bug. But clearly others would have encountered an error simply caused by coping text boxes! Awful.

Response from Flipsnack

Hello Dan,

We're really sorry you had an unpleasant experience on our platform, but I can assure you we are doing the best we can in order to fix the issue that you are currently encountering.

We always try to help our customers the best we can, but it seems like we missed some details along the way regarding the issue you have encountered, and we are truly sorry about this.

Our main purpose is to help our customers reach their goals. While our team tried to investigate and even replicate this issue, we were unable to reproduce the same behavior on our end, regardless of how many times we tried.

In regards to this issue, I promise you that we are not going to overlook the inconvenience you have encountered or place the blame on you, but on the contrary, we are going to do the best we can in order to fix it and to make sure you have a great time on our platform.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Danielle Hoverman

KwikBoost Review

Reviewed 2019-10-15

Good experience - I've only used support once and they were very responsive.

Pros
I like all the features and the ability to create documents in the software. We don't use this feature since we design in the Adobe Creative Suite... but I have found this as a good option for sharing content internally and externally. Like that you can just save over existing files ... really helps us with version control.

Cons
The filing in folders seems finicky. I'll move docs to a folder and go back into the software to find that they aren't in the folder. I also can't upload docs directly into a folder. This would be helpful and more efficient since right now I upload a document and then once it's published have to move it into a folder.

Jessica Mattson

Get a link!

Reviewed 2019-01-28

Pros
Pros: ability to embed in website, ability to turn pages like it's a book.

Cons
The only con is that I can't add a link to a book

Response from Flipsnack

Hi Jessica,
You can certainly add links in your book. If you need help, please ask our support agents!

Melanie Snare

Professional upgrade

Reviewed 2019-05-17

Love the stats to verify how effective Flipsnack is for us!

Pros
This gives our small organization a way to upgrade our digital availability for our stakeholders. Options like downloading and printing allows for those who need a physical copy without us incurring the printing cost- so although there is a cost for the upgraded option on Flipsnack, its far less than printing costs.

Cons
I would have preferred to know about not being able to change the URL without an additional fee.

Response from Flipsnack

Thank you for your great review!
If you have a Flipsnack URL that you would like to change, we can do that free of charge. However, if you need to have your flipbook under a custom domain, you will need an Enterprise package.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact our live chat team.

Steve Kam

Creating collateral quickly on a budget

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-01-22

When I have an issue, usual response time is fairly quick, within an hour or so. However, depending on the time of day (late afternoon Pacific Time), FS will respond the next business day.

Pros
Online access to software that is somewhat intuitive to comprehend and understand. Has many features (and improving) for basic collateral development

Cons
More access to images that are industry specific. i.e. construction, building materials, more business-related imagery would be appreciated.

Response from Flipsnack

That's a good idea, Steve! I'll make sure to share it with the team, and hopefully we'll make it possible!

Jessica Kean

Perfect for annual reports & e-booklets!

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-10-03

Pros
Flipsnack is incredibly user-friendly -- for those creating with it and those consuming content. It's the perfect tool for our nonprofit for making flip-able e-books of things like annual reports and meeting booklets.

Cons
The only downside is the limit on catalogues we can make -- but that just means we are using the software more than we expected and probably need to upgrade our subscription!

Chris Huebner

Easy to Use. Easy to Maintain.

Reviewed 2019-01-09

Easy to implement catalog hosting. Drag and drop functioning. Quick cataloging capabilities. Great product!

Pros
It is very user-friendly. The UX makes navigating the creation process simple. The ability to embed and share is also easy. I can spend more time on what we create than how it appears.

Cons
Not quite sure yet. I wouldn't say that I am a power user, so there maybe more features that I haven't explored enough to run into an issue.

Response from Flipsnack

We're grateful for your kind review!

Anonymous

Greatest Publishing App since sliced bread!

Reviewed 2019-05-14

No need to worry about how my Adobe PDF will print for a first impression. I can do two-page spreads now. Instead of the long cycle of hard copy mail, this is tracked easily through a CRM program as well as emailable. Hoping to get a few on my webpage instead of traditional portfolio's.

Pros
I no longer have to print out a collateral booklet in order for my client or prospect to view it in a two-page spread.

Cons
It was a little pricey to get more functions and more options to brand it as ours and create unpublished/private versions (some of my clients do not like to share).

Response from Flipsnack

We're very happy you like Flipsnack! Thank you so much for your kind words.

Shannon Harris

Flipsnack - Highly Recommend!

Reviewed 2019-05-17

It provides a much more professional look to publications.

Pros
This software is SO easy to use, and the finished product looks much better than a regular PDF. Everything looks like a virtual magazine!

Cons
Often when selecting the 'share the fullscreen link', it takes multiple times for the URL to work properly. It initially contains the word 'undefined' in the link, and until that word disappears, the link won't work.

Response from Flipsnack

Hey Shannon!
Thank you for such a kind review. If you continue to have issues with sharing a full screen link, please contact our live chat experts. They will be more than happy to get to the bottom of it for you.

Lily Jones

love it

Reviewed 2019-10-09

Pros
It is visually appealing and people enjoy looking at the brochure.

Cons
I don't have anything to say about this topic

Ryan Rittenhouse

SVSports Review

Reviewed 2019-10-04

Over all I am very satisfied with the product and its functionality. I have never had to deal directly with the customer service staff, but I think that speaks to the ease of use that I have never had to.

Pros
I like the ease of use and the fact that you can edit/replace individual pages with out having to re-load the entire file. Use of links, embed features are big pluses as well.

Cons
Limitations on file size and amount of catalogs with certain packages.