SnapApp Reviews

SnapApp

Interactive content creation & marketing

3.69/5 (13 reviews)

Pros
  • I like the panels, which is lovely and cute. I will keep using the app in the future.Ashlee Z.Read the full review
  • SnapApp recently added premade quizzes and are re-vamping their PDF uploader which is nice. Their customer service has been pretty good as well.Lauren R.Read the full review
  • I like that SnapApp has great customer service to help us along our content journey of creating interactive content.Casandra C.Read the full review
Cons
  • The interface is fairly simple but we had some higher requirements for what we wanted to pull off and while it was possible... it was often frustrating to deploy.kevin d.Read the full review
  • I have brought this up to SnapApp and they acknowledged it and commented that they get that a lot. To my knowledge, there's no plan to change that.Lauren R.Read the full review
  • Anything more complex than basic quiz-building functionality is very difficult to create.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Casandra Ciopryna

Interactive Content King!

Reviewed 2018-09-21

SnapApp is definitely a game-changer for your content. Interactive is the way of the future. If you don't use this product, you will fall behind quickly.

Pros
I like that SnapApp has great customer service to help us along our content journey of creating interactive content. They not only help with the technical aspects, but try to get us to think about what we are trying to accomplish with each piece we create.

Cons
For me, the software is not as intuitive as I wish it could be. Some things take a bit of effort to build - but I also don't have any background using a product like this. There is a bit of a learning curve.

kevin dieny

Pioneers in Interactive Content

Reviewed 2019-12-10

The SnapApp tool is constantly updated and improving. All the tools in the interactive content space are improving monthly... so chances are if there's anything about the platform that could improve they will improve it. Their teams were very responsive to questions from us and let us know a lot is in their development processes. We saw our concerns answered several times in updates.

Pros
Enables interactive content that integrated with Marketo and allowed UTM and trackability across the interactions. Very versatile tool with a lot packed into it. SnapApp allowed our team to switch from forms, multiple forms, and questionnaires and slip into the content engagement that gave us many of the same answers we needed. You wouldn't recognize it was a form. We also liked the ability to gate content pages so that users could get a 'taste' without consuming all of the content. A lot could be tested here and explored in this tool.

Cons
You can't really hand this to the content teams and expect them to build robust and responsive content with it. The learning curve for this platform is steep at first. If you've had photoshop or design experience there are times you will wish for shortcuts and other features to roll out immediately. Our teams loved the tool but required some dedication to learning the platform for it to sing. The interface is fairly simple but we had some higher requirements for what we wanted to pull off and while it was possible... it was often frustrating to deploy.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Interactive tool

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2020-06-18

Pros
I think that SnapApp is a good interactive tool. I know they recently were acquired and am excited to see what will come from that. One great positive we found is when using the quiz feature, we are able to help our sales teams prospect by the questions individuals answer. We sync it to SFDC and provide insight into the questions we ask for our sellers to understand the needs and pain points we are trying to uncover.

Cons
There are some limitations to the tool. When it comes to branding, it's either super basic drag and drop that does not allow for much customization or you have to template out your own brand design. One thing we found was some features had glitches such as trying to add buttons to our customized branded quizzes. I have also found depending on your industry, some individuals may not interact as highly with some of the content - just something to keep in mind!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Lauren Richard

SnapApp is great for quizzes, but not much else.

Reviewed 2018-05-08

Not much. We've made a few assets, but haven't had significant, quality leads from them. Not only that, we are stuck in a contract with them for a year.

Pros
I think their quiz features are very well done. You can have questions that depending on the answer, map to specific questions. You can also have leads imported into HubSpot based on their series of answers which can be very helpful for running multiple nurture campaigns. SnapApp recently added premade quizzes and are re-vamping their PDF uploader which is nice. Their customer service has been pretty good as well.

Cons
My company was intending to use SnapApp for product interactive mapping and making interactive assets, but it turns out that's not the case. A lot of the features they sold us on, were used in examples on their website, but weren't really a part of the SnapApp tool. These features were custom coding SnapApp clients did on their own. My marketing team doesn't have skill or time for that. Which leads to my next point: SnapApp is great if you have lots of premade content that can be uploaded, but if you don't, asset creation time doubles. My marketing team is small and we just simply don't have the time to create assets + recreate them in SnapApp. You can upload PDFs into SnapApp, but sometimes it breaks apart content and you have to do a lot of reformatting (for desktop AND mobile). But like I said earlier, SnapApp is revamping the uploadable PDFs, so hopefully that will be fixed. Finally, the product isn't super user-friendly (unless you pick a premade quiz template). Everything needs a lot of formatting and THERE IS NO BACK BUTTON!! I don't know who thought that leaving out a back button would be a good idea, but it's definitely not. It's annoying to be trying different design ideas and wasting immense amounts of time redoing pieces when a back or undo button would've quickly solved the problem. I have brought this up to SnapApp and they acknowledged it and commented that they get that a lot. To my knowledge, there's no plan to change that.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Anonymous

Create unique content for your audience

Reviewed 2020-06-18

Pros
SnapApp is incredibly easy to use and creates wonderful and unique content. It provides a much more interactive and creative way to present marketing content to your audience than a blog or microsite.

Cons
I've experienced a few tiny issues with alignment and in-app designing. Most all issues are easily fixable however.

Alex Schutte

Simple, easy to use software for powerful interactive experiences.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-09-06

Pros
SnapApp is pretty easy to set up and easy for a marketer to work with. If you can build a PowerPoint, you can create an interactive content item using SnapApp. The Marketo integration is most powerful for us. We're able to create engaging interactive experiences that convert better than static (gated PDF) pieces of content and we can pass through all of the question and answer data directly into Marketo (and SFDC) to customize Sales follow up and nurture streams. The biggest challenge is figuring out how to integrate interactive into your content strategies and extend your content to interactive experiences. They also have great support when you need it and a customer success team that partners with you to ensure you're achieving your goals.

Cons
Currently, SnapApp is not mobile responsive out the box - you have to create multiple versions for different browser sizes. However, they are working on improving this.

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Becca Parks

My team uses SnapApp to build interactive marketing content for our customers and prospects.

Reviewed 2018-05-15

Pros
I love this software! We're able to take existing content and re-purpose it to make it more fun, engaging, and interactive. It doesn't take much work to create really awesome content for our website and other marketing campaigns.

Cons
You have to go through quite a bit of training in order to be able to easily use the software. It isn't quite as intuitive as it should be, so sometimes we have to reach out to our account manager or support at SnapApp in order to know how to do things.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Annie Grunwell

Probably a good system, but couldn't demonstrate a significant ROI over traditional content.

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-09-21

We were able to create more "interactive" content without needing to bring on freelance web designers.

Pros
It's great that marketers without coding or web design skills can make interactive content fairly easily with SnapApp. It was also good to have some options for what type of content you could create with the application. I was also very happy with the customer service.

Cons
It felt like there was a lot of room for improvement with the system. There were minor things within the creation process (like editing text for example) that made everything a bit more tedious. I also wished there was more flexibility in being able to use things like skip logic, personalization, etc.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Benjamin Funkhouser

SnapApp, Snappy but solid

Reviewed 2020-06-18

I thought it was good and worked well for what it cost

Pros
It's incredible easy to use with very clear workflows and functionality so anyone can use it.

Cons
I didn't like that it was often simplistic, sometimes I couldn't figure out how to accomplish some organization or scheduling and it was because you couldn't fine-tune it that much

Very limited in scope

Reviewed 2018-09-26

Pros
SnapApp has a lot of potential and the tool offers some great functionality out of the box. Users can create, publish, and manage interactive content fairly easily.

Cons
There just seems like there is a lot missed opportunity in this product. Anything more complex than basic quiz-building functionality is very difficult to create. This leaves content like infographics, interactive webpages and video players nearly impossible to build without hours of extra customization. It also sorely lacks assets to build out the applications.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Ashlee ZHOU

I find it very interesting to use the app. It is easy to use and not difficult to understand.

Reviewed 2017-11-13

It makes my life easier.

Pros
I like the panels, which is lovely and cute. I will keep using the app in the future. And I will promote to others.

Cons
Till now, there are not so many things that I do like about this app. I hope it can be updated regularly.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Tanner Luxner

Great and Unique Lead Gen Tool

Reviewed 2020-06-24

Pros
Easy to set up and realize value quickly on lead gen campaigns.

Cons
Onboarding to the full feature set can take some time compared to alternatives.

Carey Rooks