Sniply Reviews

4.75/5 (20 reviews)

Rick Powell

Innovative & useful link shortener that is also a CTA and lead generator

Reviewed 2019-09-12

A fun, useful tool for creating on-the-fly calls to action. I use it every day.

Pros
There are a number of similar services like it but Sniply is the one I keep coming back to, not least because the free plan is still very useful if not as powerful as the paid plans, which I have to admit are kind of pricey. (Backly is my favorite tool of this type but there's no free tier and I'm pretty cheap.) Sniply allows you to shorten a link, share it on social media with a call-to-action overlay pointing to whatever site or product you want. You can also create overlays with retargeting pixels, tracking pixels, and even a lead generation overlay that collects email addresses. My favorite feature of Sniply which I could not find documentation for but just discovered today while preparing for this review: Snipping a YouTube or Vimeo video creates a lightbox over wherever you want your followers to go. In my case, it goes to my film review blog. Closing the lightbox lands the visitor directly on my site. Seamless and very cool. Since I regularly share and write about short films that I find on the web, this is amazing!

Cons
Sniply doesn't work on all sites but that's to be expected: many sites don't like tools like these and consider their use to be hijacking their original content. In that vein, I try to be careful what sort of links I use with Sniply. If the shared content is directly related to my own and if I'm adding value not only by sharing it but also pointing followers to further discussion about that specific content, then I have no qualms. It's a win/win.

Anonymous

Amazing CTA for all the links you share

Reviewed 2019-08-30

We use Sniply for all our shared links. The analytics are super helpful is seeing how effective it is for us.

Pros
This amazing software convert any link you share into a call to action overlay that generates more traffic to you website or offer.

Cons
The only problem with Sniply is the monthly pricing structure. I would definitely recommend the free trial first.

Zach Pajtasz

Great for adding call-to-actions for curated content on social media

Reviewed 2018-10-20

Helped boost user traffic and has provided as an extremely useful tool on social media.

Pros
Driving website traffic through external content curation is a unique challenge that Sniply helps solve. The ability to add call-to-actions pointing back to your own website is a great way to drive traffic. Sniply works well with all of the key platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.

Cons
Some websites do block Sniply and to my knowledge there is no work around. This is one limitation to keep in mind if you find that links aren't working.

Anonymous

This is an awesome tool for sharing content and branding it

Reviewed 2017-12-28

Pros
The fact that you can customize the message and call to action button on each post is really great. It gives you the flexibility to create something people will actually interact with. You can also track successes as well.

Cons
It doesn't always work on all sites. Sometimes it just won't be supported but you won't know until you've done all the work.

Zach Pajtasz

A creative way to drive traffic through curated content

Reviewed 2017-01-05

Snip.ly has allowed us to share valuable content from industry experts on social media while granting us the ability to drive traffic back to our website and include call-to-actions. This tool is a great way to diversify your social media content by sharing others content, but still adding your own personalized touch. It is a great tool to help boost website traffic.

Pros
It's an excellent way to add CTA's to curated and shared content. This helps drive additional website traffic.

Cons
It is worth noting that some websites do block services like Snip.ly, but we've only encountered a few of these.

Bethany Siu

Great alternative to Bitly

Reviewed 2017-02-01

So, if you're not familiar with Sniply, it basically gives you the ability to shorten a link, but when people click that link the page that they end up on will also include a call to action, with your logo, with another link that you choose. If that doesn't make sense, just try out the free version. I love Sniply because it allows me to give my brand more visibility, and also let people know, hey, if you like this post, this page, then I've got something else you might like - take a look! Sniply is easy to use, and even the free version is fully functional. If you opt for a paid version you get even more tools and options.

Pros
It's a fun way to let people know about your brand without posting your own content all the time and it's easy to use.

Cons
It doesn't work on all webpages.

Mandy Jaspering

Amazing for content marketing

Reviewed 2019-01-29

Pros
I just started using this, but if I had discovered it sooner I would've jumped at the opportunity. Honestly, this is my new favorite app. Fantastic approach for leveraging your social media following to drive traffic and conversions without spending money on ads. And they have a free plan available.

Cons
My number one complaint is that I didn't discover it sooner. I've had a few bumps with things not updating properly, but customer service has been attentive so far and seems interested in solving the issue.

Michelle Cruz

Sniply: Drive Traffic to your Website

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-03-09

In my opinion, everyone should sign up a Sniply account! The free account gives you just enough to start building our traffic in a unique way. We have generated income from the service so we don't mind paying the upgrade plan! Free Sniply only offers email support but once you sign up for a plan they'll provide you with phone and set up support and invoicing.

Pros
When I first heard of it a few months back, I thought it was just another shortening service. And I already have Bit.ly so I don't feel the need to sign up for another similar service. But luckily a friend told me about this service and how this has helped her to drive the traffic back on her website. After hearing her story I felt a keen interest to take a short trip on how to use Sniply.

Bob Swetz

Get full use of the main features with a free account!

Reviewed 2018-05-16

Pros
I like that I have a lot of options with just the free account. I was able to customize as many snips as I needed to point to different targets and with unique messages.

Cons
You can snip most web sites, but not all so it is good to understand that going into it. Also, I was not able to use my Sniply links with Pinterest. Not sure if that had to do with Sniply being flagged or Pinterest just not allowing redirectors. This is just something to be aware of.

Justin Rampy

Such a great idea I don't know why it took so long to get to market!

Reviewed 2018-01-19

The ability to share content that will then provide the opportunity to direct the user to our internal sites.

Pros
The ability to share relevant content and still direct users to registration forms, or home pages of internal sites.

Cons
It is a little pricey for what it is, but when you take into account the potential for monetization, the cost is easily outweighed by the benefits.

Anonymous

A great tool to get your audience back to your page , and to monitor the click rates of visitors.

Reviewed 2018-05-08

Pros
I like it's simplicity and ease of use. You can easily create a snip that you can use and it's easy to create new ones as well.

Cons
I don't like that the snips are not customizable. It's better if the snips can be modified so I can create a more compelling link for the audience to click.

khadeza begum mithu

Best software for CPA marketing

Reviewed 2019-02-20

I used it to affiliate marketing business

Pros
The best I like about this software is its linking system.Marketer or businessesman can easily use this software to link their url with content and publish it.So it is great for them.

Cons
Nothing to say.It is just awesome for new marketers.

Sladjana Milivojevic Stosic

Sniply is an interesting marketing tool that allows you to add a message or a call to action.

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-06-01

I use Sniply to advertise my job, so people can click on my message within some popular news to get to the link or my URL and find out more information.

Pros
This marketing service gives you the opportunity to advertise what you want in an original and easy way by inserting a message into a current news item or an interesting newspaper article and sharing it on networks.

Cons
You can only paste brief information. Sometimes there is no big effect.

Richard Merkl

Mind blowen

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-08-08

Good so far and will persist with it.

Pros
If you are looking for omnipresence this bit of software is awesome share content across your social networks and when they click on it they see your branding. Currently on trial but think this will be part of my marketing tool bag very soon.

Cons
Just getting you head around how it works and learning how to get your branding on it for different target clients

Mike Slavin

Easily Add Call-To-Action To Button to Your Links

Reviewed 2018-09-09

I like using it to drive traffic to my own content even if I'm sharing someone else's link.

Pros
It's as easy as bit.ly to set up a striking call to action on any link that you share.

Cons
Would be nice to be able to adjsut the design a bit more.

Anonymous

Really not a great tool, "snips" look like spam

Reviewed 2018-03-09

Pros
It can direct traffic from a separate site to my clients in a fairly easy way. customizable CTAs are helpful

Cons
it looks like complete spam, and the character limit is incredibly constraining. i only use this because its the cheapest option

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Quick & Easy

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-12-04

I really enjoy being able to quickly take a link from a page I am reading and post it to my social media account. .

Pros
I like to be able to passively brand content I would normally share anyway. It keeps me from having to create all my content and I can also add my branding and call to action

Cons
The service does not work on all web sites.

Michelle Flores

I use Sniply to promote one of my clients.

Reviewed 2018-03-09

Pros
I like how easy it is to snip an article, once the snip is customized. I also like how customizable the snip can be.

Cons
It's hard to differentiate click data between clients, from my end it combines the data from all the different snips.

Ann G.

Effective online marketing tool

Reviewed 2014-07-28

Simple to use and drives conversion better thananything out there

Call to Action Button

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-01-09

Pros
I really liked that if I want to share an article with a client or potential client, I can use my website or others to attach to the article so that they can read the article and then click on the button right away and it will take them to the other website without having to enter it in or anything else. It is VERY user friendly and great for customers.

Cons
The least thing I liked about this software was that it doesn't catch typos.