Yotpo

Yotpo, the leading eCommerce marketing platform.

Yotpo Reviews

Pros

Great all in one marketing and POS solution with integrated reviews systems, loyalty rewards and great preset design templates.

Liam W.

Yotpo has motivated results much better than previous installations I have had. I am so grateful I took a chance with this system.

Tiffany R.

Ease of use for our customers, clean cut, great visual with the stars at the top of each review, easy to implement into our website in the places we want it seen.

Rachel B.

Cons

Sometimes people provide personal information in their questions, and if we accidentally send these questions (and personal information) to other customers, we might get sued.

Albin O.

I hate when companies don't put their pricing out there in the open and make you contact them for it.

Reese D.

WAY too expensive and our reviews are disorganized and all over our website.

Jonathan F.

Good platform

Transcript

Monica K: Hi, I'm Monica. I'm a marketing executive in the food and beverage industry and I give Yotpo...

Delivers reviews, easy to use!

It makes my client's money every day and increases engagement. It makes me look good every time I recommend it and Yotpo is a great company to deal with.

Pros

Yotpo is easy to install if you're using a major eCommerce cart provider like Magento, Shopify, etc. There are some other copy cats out there that promise the world but they have all fallen short or simply miss things. I'm using the incentive coupons to get more reviews with some clients and it's awesome. The review moderation is easy to use, makes sense and we use it every day. As an eCommerce consultant I recommend Yotpo to all my clients and see the results first hand.

Cons

Yotpo can be a powerful tool in the right hands. It has a ton of features and you can get lost during setup on which are the most important.

Goodbye Mailchimp! Hello Yotpo!

I'm very pleased. I'm also impressed with the staff. They've been super helpful and friendly.

Pros

I loved the ability to keep everything all in one place. It's super user friendly (although I'm still learning every day) .

Cons

Wish there were more options for email templates. Sometimes I don't have time to custom create a new look so if there were more options where I could just plug in my over verbiage and photos of products it would be super helpful.

Thank you for leaving a review! We really appreciate your feedback.

Yotpo: Easy to use, insightful analytics and customer friendly.

YotPo provides me with alot of features that helps new customers in the right direction when chosing a product to buy. With great display of former reviews and product reviews, new customers trust your business and the step to finish a purchase.

Pros

The ability to have an easy overview of all the tools and alot of the features happens automatically. With YotPo you will have every tool inhouse and when everything is set up correctly you are provided with useful analytics and a great overview of how your customers review the business.

Cons

There is quite a handfull of features so it's easy to get "lost" within all of them.

Thank you for leaving a review. We're happy to hear you're enjoying using Yotpo. If you have any questions or need any guidance regarding the features available in your plan and how to best utilize them, please feel free to reach out to our customer service and they will do everything they can to assist you.

Feels quite basic, but lacks functionallity

We have used Yotbo for a few years, and since it's implemented on our website it is hard for us to abandon Yotpo, although we really want to.

Pros

A lot of automatic features, and the software takes care of most things.

Cons

1. In the Q/A-section there is a "Send to past shoppers"-button. We absolutely hate this button, and there is no option to hide or remove it. It's very easy to accidentally press the button and then an e-mail is sent to hundreds of customers saying our company needs help answering the question. When this happens, we get a lot of angry e-mails from customers asking what we are doing and telling us how...

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Firstly, we'd like to apologize for any inconvenience, we absolutely understand your frustration. We are constantly working on improving our product, and your feedback is incredibly valuable to our process. Please know that our support team is at your disposal and are ready to help you with any issues you might be experiencing. Again, we'd like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us, it is a critical part of our ongoing efforts to improve.

Fantastic!

5 star

Pros

I find Yotpo so easy to navigate and really showcases customer reviews. Support is first class.

Cons

Cost. You should give access to all features and charge per number of SKU, sales conversions or number of reviews being created. It would be more inclusive for all brands and help small brands to grow faster.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Please know that we completely understand your frustration. We are constantly iterating our pricing and plan options to provide the best solution for businesses at each point in their journey; however, we understand that it doesn't work for everyone! If you have any questions regarding your current plan or the other plans we offer, please feel free to reach out to our customer service.

Very pleased with core product!

It's been wonderful working with Yotpo; their team is so helpful and positive.

Pros

We were in desperate need for automated, Verified reviews that didn't require us to monitor or control the spam or misdirected customer service inquires on our site, for a price that we could afford. Yotpo was that solution for us.

Cons

In order to unleash all of the greatness that Yotpo has to offer, you jump from an affordable price to a price that only large co's can afford. Wish there was an option in between.

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're happy to hear we were able to provide the solutions you needed. We are constantly working on our pricing to try and make sure our customers are on their best fitting plan. We do understand that it sometimes doesn't work out. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about your plan or any of our other plans.

Reviewing the Reviews

For a small company, every bit of feedback matters to build brand trust and confidence and I wouldn't have been able to do it without Yotpo.

Pros

Yotpo has been a very good asset to my company as it has made it very easy to capture user feedback on my products and subsequently display them on the website. Their integration with WooCommerce is seamless and the ease of capturing reviews with an email integrated form is super quick.

Cons

The only negative for me is how their external scripts can affect my site speed, perhaps this is something they can work on improving as in this day an age speed is key for converting viewers into customers.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We work hard to meet our customers' expectations, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

Great customer review app

Pros

Easy to configure, customise, integrate and use

Cons

Pricing does seem aligned to larger businesses

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. We are constantly iterating our pricing and plan options in an effort to provide the best solution for businesses at each point in their journey; however, we understand that it doesn't work for everyone. If you have any questions regarding your current plan or any of our other plans, please feel free to contact our customer service at any time.

Overpriced with Poor Support

The platform is not hard to use. Quick and easy to get review emails going out. But there have been too many cons for us not to be frustrated and begin to look for an alternative when our contract is over.

Pros

Yotpo makes the short list of Google Review partners. This is a big plus for them. And they do offer some neat features, like the ability to invite customers to not only review a product, but also review the company at the same time.

Cons

Yotpo price is much higher than their competitors. They seem to feel that their product is much more superior and therefore justifies the price tag. In reality, a lot of their competitors now offer the exact same services and have similar capabilities---at a much lower price.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, we truly appreciate it. We are constantly working on our pricing and plan options in an effort to provide the best solution for our customers at each point in their journey; however, we understand that it doesn't work for everyone! If you have any questions regarding your plan or pricing, please feel free to reach out to us anytime.

Best review app period.

More reviews mean more credibility. We mix up Yotpo review and Google trusted store review and it proves we have better sales than before. Controlling review is not easy, but it's easier than ever with Yotpo. Their dashboard and the moderate system is easy to handle and very intuitive.

Pros

Have to say Yotpo is truly our best on site app.. I believe the customers like/read/trust the reviews. Yotpo has become a major part of our day to day customer engagement strategy. I love that new features are constantly being added. Their customer service is top notch. This app offers a heck of a lot of great features for the low price of free. You need to pay more if you want to use more features, but every penny worth. The cost is high for a business of our size, but I think after a year or so we will see the results of peer to peer reviews. Give it a shot.

Cons

Picture update feature updated so far, but the problem is pricing. As fa as I know, it could be too much for the companies on their starting phase. Adding this feature for special package or something will be better to try it. I might be wrong, but they really have to give chances for users who keep using Yotpo, for example more than 1 year or 2 years.

A great asset to our company!

When we first integrated YotPo, we had an increase in revenue because potential buyers were able to read reviews and see photos from other customers, making them feel more confident and educated in purchasing our products. UGC is an essential component of our website, and YotPo offers a simple-to-use software that easily integrates those revenue-increasing elements on our website. Overall, YotPo has been a great tool for our company - increasing our revenue and helping us seamlessly integrate reviews and photos on our website.

Pros

YotPo has been a super helpful tool for our company to curate customer reviews and visual content. The platform is very straight-forward to learn and navigate. The analytics feature has been a great component to help us track UGC and interaction with the widgets on our website. Our personal rep has also been really great to work with! She does a wonderful job of informing us of new YotPo features and analyzing our content for areas of growth. Another great feature is that photos can be attached to reviews, and the photos in our website gallery include the review or social media post they were included with. YotPo's customer service team has been readily available and very supportive in troubleshooting. They always follow up & stick with an issue until it's resolved.

Cons

I've run into an issue with the visual content curator that hasn't been solved, even with multiple conversations with customer service. When I manually upload, some photos with a portrait ratio end up looking skewed and distorted. There's no software solution for this, so I've had to just resize images on my own to avoid it. Other improvements I'd like to see are increased visual settings for photo galleries, greater customization options for review request emails, and the capacity to see how many reviews included photos (this is not currently a data point I can see in analytics).

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we truly appreciate it. We are thrilled to hear that you're enjoying using Yotpo and are seeing the benefits on your website. We are constantly working on improving our product and your feedback is incredibly important to up.

Great Platform Overall

Overall, the platform has been pretty great. Our biggest gripe would be in the pricing. As a small business it is incredibly hard to have all of the important things (like a review platform) we need to be successful and also drive the kind of revenue we need to be sustainable. Every service costs money and it adds up quick. Most services are not small business focused as they get a lot more money from enterprise packages, which is unfortunate us little guys. Yotpo does offer growth packages, but they ramp up in price really quickly.

Pros

Reviews are incredibly important and Yotpo is a great platform to deliver them. They offer quite a few features in the lower priced tiers and are relatively easy to use. Yotpo is a recognized name by many consumers as a trusted reviews platform, which is a great benefit. Support has always been quick and helpful. They are a Google reviews partner, which is important to us.

Cons

The interface could be easier to navigate. The price is pretty high, but going cheaper means you may not get a platform that people know and trust.

Thank you for leaving a review. We're so happy to hear you're satisfied with Yotpo and the results you've been seeing. We are constantly iterating our pricing/plan options in an effort to provide the best solution for businesses at each point in their journey; however, we understand that it doesn't work for everyone. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding the plan you're on or the other plans we offer.

Easy To Use

It's been great for the most part.

Pros

I like that I get notified of every review that comes in or if there is a negative review that need attention. I also like that there is a feature for a customer to select they did not receive their product if they did not receive it.

Cons

I don't like that I don't believe there is an option for users to amend their reviews. If somebody leaves a negative review but we take care of them, it would be nice to send a follow up prompt saying something like. "It looks like the company was able to resolve your issue or concerns, would you like to amend your review?" It's very unlikely that the person will go back and write a new review since they are now no longer prompted to do a review.

Hi Justin, thank you so much for leaving a review! We really appreciate hearing your feedback and are happy to hear you're having a positive experience with Yotpo. As far as changing or updating reviews, we absolutely understand your frustration, but to confirm- do not offer that capability. What you can do is resend an Automatic Review Request email which will replace the existing review that's no longer relevant. Here's a link that should help: https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/resending-an-automatic-review-request-email

Yotpo Provided Brand Credibility

Yotpo gave credibility to our brand. We were using a generic review solution previously. While we did have some reviews, we weren't collecting new reviews very quickly and the overall format of them didn't provide any sort of confidence to potential customers that they were legitimate reviews. Yotpo immediately improved our review collection rate and gave new potential customers that these were reviews from real golfers who had been using our product.

Pros

The best thing about Yotpo is it works really well no matter how much time and attention I give it every day. It works best when I'm responding to reviews and using the social boost features to take advantage of all the great reviews that we're receiving. However, if I'm overwhelmed with other work, then I don't HAVE to log in and check things. Yotpo just works.

Cons

It's not inexpensive, but it's definitely worth the money. I had to "go to bat" in order for our company to adopt this solution, but it didn't take long for everyone to see the value. And now there's no question that Yotpo provides a big boost to our brand, user experience, SEO, and advertising.

Hi Seth! Thank you for the glowing review! We're so happy that you're enjoying Yotpo and seeing the results. We're constantly working to improve our product and better serve our customers, so we really appreciate your feedback.

Premium customer reviews solution

Yotpo has really let us use user-generated content to increase our conversion rates while helping us offset the cost of creating our own content, with more authentic content.

Pros

Yotpo has an easy to use interface and has robust and well thought out features and tools for collecting user reviews and photos and displaying them on our websites to really make an impact with customers. Additionally, our account rep is super responsive and helpful with any questions or issues we run into.

Cons

It does have a higher price tag to some of its competitors, that said, the polish within the product and reliability isn't something you find in all SAS solutions.

Hi Ellie! We're so happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo. Our price structure varies depending on the business needs and we're happy to hear that you're seeing the results on your site. Thank you for leaving a review, we really appreciate your feedback.

Mature But Expensive Reviews Platform

We've been able to collect a lot of reviews quickly with the tool and it's been great to be able to customize to the exact look and feel we want. But it is expensive and missing some features I would want like a review request send integration with our ESP.

Pros

The platform has a lot of mature features including some interesting AI-driven tools to display review hightlight. You can do advanced customization of the widget CSS to style it with your fonts and get it looking exactly how you want. We're collecting a good rate of reviews at around 6%.

Cons

It's very expensive relative to competitors like Okendo or Stamped — double, almost triple the price. It has a few additional features like Google Seller Ratings for Google text ads and the AI-driven highlights, but aside from that, the value is questionable compared to those options. I also don't like that I can't send review requests with our ESP, Klaviyo. I would really love the aggregate analytics on email sends by sending with one platform. It would also allow us to segment users by country or purchase easier since Klaviyo has far superior segmentation tools.

Hi Stephen! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are constantly working on improving our product and our customer service, so we really appreciate your feedback.

Great functionality but...

Onboarding experience was great. Like the personal touch everything gets.

Pros

I like that with Yotpo I own my reviews and I get much more control over design. When onboarding Yotpo provided a personal dev team to design my Review portal to make it match the feel and look of my store.

Cons

I was hoping that Yotpo will increase reviews and customer engagement however the case seems to be that less people are leaving reviews and engaging with the reviews and Q&A. I also don't like that the Q&A section doesn't have a search bar when the Q&A section is separate for the reviews tab. And finally the app is very expensive and especially if in getting less activity with the reviews and Q&A I don't know if the cost is worth it.

Hi Abraham, thank you so much for leaving a review! We really appreciate your feedback and are constantly working on finding ways to improve our product and better serve our customers. We hear your frustration and have reached out to one of the team members on your account - they'll be getting in touch to work together on easing some of these concerns.

Great integration with Shopify

Pros

We recently switched over our ecommerce to Shopify and with it added Yotpo to our integrations to collect reviews. I love the automation and the ease of set-up for basic review collection (and that we were able to send an initial manual-request to previous customers) as well as the straight-forward dashboard for review moderation.

Cons

It is rather frustrating how many of the features are blocked behind certain tiers and payment levels -- have sometimes run into something I thought we'd be able to use (like integration with Klaviyo or Q&A) that are not available to us unless we spring for a higher payment level -- and given our order volume right now it isn't an upgrade that makes sense at this time. I also wish more customer service was available at the lower tiers - the chat box has only been moderately helpful when I've utilized it for troubleshooting.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Please know that we take your feedback very seriously. We are constantly iterating our pricing and plan options in an effort to provide the best solution for businesses at each point in their journey; however, we understand that it doesn't work for everyone. We apologize for the delayed response from customer service. Please do not hesitate to get in touch again if you are encountering any difficulties and we'll do our best to support you.

Has helped our business

Pros

Yotpo has allowed us to gather thousands of customer reviews that help provide social proof to drive new customer purchases. We have been using the softeware successfully for over 2 years and have now signed up to their SMS marketing platform.

Cons

The Facebook advertising integration is very basic and does not allow for well crafted adverts to be launched.

Hello Ben! Thank you for the amazing review! We're happy to know you've been enjoying Yotpo for so long and that you keep seeing great results.

Easy To Use, Looks Nice, Cheaper Alternatives

Great tech, easy to implement, easy to use, contains a ton of features - it's just overpriced.

Pros

Yotpo is easy to implement and use. Being able to create Facebook ads directly from customer reviews is incredibly valuable and has brought large amounts of revenue to our store.

Cons

There are cheaper alternatives (MUCH cheaper) that do the exact same thing and even do most things better. Yotpo does appear to be severely overprice, in my honest opinion.

Hi there, thanks for leaving a review. Our pricing is catered to the needs & wishlists of the brands we work with and we're extremely sorry to hear that you weren't able to see the value of Yotpo in your experience. Every review, positive and negative, plays a big role in how we evolve our product and teams, and really appreciate you leaving your feedback.

Amazing Application

Yotpo really encourages our users to leave reviews on our site which is invaluable as far SEO is concerned. It has created a forum for customers to ask questions about products and share their real life experience and use of our products. It has improved our customer engagement and we have really gained insight into their journey on our site.

Pros

Easy to build photo galleries. Easy to collect social media posts relating to our products. Customer reviews are easy to filter and display and their sentiment readings help filter out problematic reviews. Collecting reviews is extremely easy and we receive a steady stream everyday.

Cons

We dont use the tool as best we can. Gathering permissions for user generated content has been a slow process.

Hi Katie! We really appreciate you leaving a review and are happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo and seeing the benefits.

Great Review Platform - Could Be Better

Overall, Yotpo is a great reviews platform that is easy to use and manage, even across multiple brands and products, all under one account.

Pros

In terms of functionality, Yotpo is easy to implement and use, from both a front-end and back-end perspective. It easily hosts your product's (or company's) reviews and displays them on the website is a visually aesthetic way, with customizable features.

Cons

It would be great to implement a feature that allows the user on the customer's end to have more filter options for the reviews. There are other review platforms that have more fields to answer, therefor offering more information for the customer to browse when looking at reviews. Since referrals and reviews are one of the first things customers look at before purchasing, giving more information options (beyond name, product, and product rating) along with making filter features easy to accessible allows the customer to access more detailed information, but helps to make the conversion quicker.

Yotpo is a must have!

Pros

The ease of use is incredible. The dashboard is very easy to navigate and make changes that will help your business.

Cons

How it only hooks up to Google sometimes. It was all the time during search it would be hard to beat.

Hi Cody! Thank you so much for leaving a review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo and really value your feedback as we continue to evolve our product and the way we serve our community. It sounds like you might be describing an integration issue - if that's the case, please feel free to reach out to our support team who would love to help out.

good service

decent but wont be paying more than we are now $29. not worth the money

Pros

the review platform looks and works well on the website with easy integration

Cons

the review platform is very expensive for what it is - basically just sending emails to customers. so the more emails they send the more you pay, but it is way more than should be.. over £1000 if you have thousands of orders a month like we do we pay lowest plan just to keep the reviews on the site

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Please know that we understand your frustration. We always try to ensure that a business is on their 'most fitting' plan, and that how much they're paying aligns with the services they're receiving and what their business needs to succeed. While our pricing model is intended to most comfortably scale with your business, we realize it's not always the best fit. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions about billing or the features available in your plan.

Arguably the best out there, bit pricey

Yotpo is one of the best and possible the best in online ecomm reviews.

Pros

Automated reviews and automated settings, social push, and rich snippets

Cons

Doesn't integrate with subscription apps (though does integrate with shopify) and price.

Hi John! Thank you so much for leaving a review, we're glad to hear you're enjoying Yotpo! We're constantly working to improve our product and how we serve our customers, so we really appreciate your feedback.