Yotpo Logo

Yotpo

Yotpo, the leading eCommerce marketing platform.

Yotpo Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend8.33/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Our personal rep has also been really great to work with. She does a wonderful job of informing us of new YotPo features and analyzing our content for areas of growth.
I loved the ability to keep everything all in one place. It's super user friendly (although I'm still learning every day).
Sometimes people provide personal information in their questions, and if we accidentally send these questions (and personal information) to other customers, we might get sued.
I hate when companies don't put their pricing out there in the open and make you contact them for it.
WAY too expensive and our reviews are disorganized and all over our website.

Yotpo users...

Shopify-logocaret

Shopify

Mailchimp-logocaret

Mailchimp

How would you rate Yotpo?

Good platform

Transcript

Monica K: Hi, I'm Monica. I'm a marketing executive in the food and beverage industry and I give Yotpo...

Delivers reviews, easy to use!

It makes my client's money every day and increases engagement. It makes me look good every time I recommend it and Yotpo is a great company to deal with.

Pros

Yotpo is easy to install if you're using a major eCommerce cart provider like Magento, Shopify, etc. There are some other copy cats out there that promise the world but they have all fallen short or simply miss things. I'm using the incentive coupons to get more reviews with some clients and it's awesome. The review moderation is easy to use, makes sense and we use it every day. As an eCommerce consultant I recommend Yotpo to all my clients and see the results first hand.

Cons

Yotpo can be a powerful tool in the right hands. It has a ton of features and you can get lost during setup on which are the most important.

a great solution for onsite and integration with PPC Shopping ads

We were happy with a previous reviews solution until we couldn't integrate with Google shopping ads but then discovered so many more options

Pros

works great, clean interface, integration with other software and services

Cons

A lot of options to scroll through and pricy compared to previous solution

Feels quite basic, but lacks functionallity

We have used Yotbo for a few years, and since it's implemented on our website it is hard for us to abandon Yotpo, although we really want to.

Pros

A lot of automatic features, and the software takes care of most things.

Cons

1. In the Q/A-section there is a "Send to past shoppers"-button. We absolutely hate this button, and there is no option to hide or remove it. It's very easy to accidentally press the button and then an e-mail is sent to hundreds of customers saying our company needs help answering the question. When this happens, we get a lot of angry e-mails from customers asking what we are doing and telling us how...

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Firstly, we'd like to apologize for any inconvenience, we absolutely understand your frustration. We are constantly working on improving our product, and your feedback is incredibly valuable to our process. Please know that our support team is at your disposal and are ready to help you with any issues you might be experiencing. Again, we'd like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us, it is a critical part of our ongoing efforts to improve.

Reviews Sourced the Right Whey ~ AGN Roots

Yotpo creates the best review app for Shopify without question. I Love the, Subscribe & Save, Reviews Features, Integrations, and most of all, the various stars at all levels, including customer-facing services. I get emailed daily by competitors and always respond, "If you can do it better than YotPo - I'm in" I have yet to consider changing services and find that working with the technical talents of YoTpo has raised my expectations too high to be emailed a 2nd time by competitors in the Shopify integration space.

Pros

1. The people behind it the Apps 2. The technology software 3. The accreditation built over time

Cons

I wish the google integration was more affordable (The ability to see my product ratings on Google Search). To pay several hundred per month for that feature is a bummer; that's not a software glitch, that's more of a Google is ripping Yotpo Off glitch & Yotpo has to cover their costs - I am but a humble business who donates processed and thus wants ALL the features for less :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review, we really appreciate it. We are constantly iterating our plan options in an effort to provide the best solution for our customers at each point in their journey; however, we understand that it doesn't work for everyone. If you have any questions regarding your current plan and features or any of our other plans, please feel free to reach out to our support team at any time.

Best review app period.

More reviews mean more credibility. We mix up Yotpo review and Google trusted store review and it proves we have better sales than before. Controlling review is not easy, but it's easier than ever with Yotpo. Their dashboard and the moderate system is easy to handle and very intuitive.

Pros

Have to say Yotpo is truly our best on site app.. I believe the customers like/read/trust the reviews. Yotpo has become a major part of our day to day customer engagement strategy. I love that new features are constantly being added. Their customer service is top notch. This app offers a heck of a lot of great features for the low price of free. You need to pay more if you want to use more features, but every penny worth. The cost is high for a business of our size, but I think after a year or so we will see the results of peer to peer reviews. Give it a shot.

Cons

Picture update feature updated so far, but the problem is pricing. As fa as I know, it could be too much for the companies on their starting phase. Adding this feature for special package or something will be better to try it. I might be wrong, but they really have to give chances for users who keep using Yotpo, for example more than 1 year or 2 years.

I love Yotpo!

I have been using Yotpo for several and it has helped my business grow with reviews. Easy to use software and just works. It is such a breeze as a business owner to use the software.

Pros

I love the ease of collecting and displaying reviews. It is such an easy and seamless process. It really helps gather reviews after purchases automatically. I don't have to waste time trying to get reviews from customers. I love also being able to use social media for my reviews! I love being able to add a coupon to emails so it gives a reward for writing reviews. This has been very helpful in collecting reviews.

Cons

I wish there was a way to push reviews to Instagram and other social media platforms.

Yotpo has been essentual for our company

Customer service is amazing. They have gone onto our shopify site for us and any issues we have had.

Pros

I love how easy it is for our company to use yotpo. It's not something that I need to think about daily because the system runs so smooth.

Cons

It is a little pricey to be able to share reviews across platforms. We had to upgrade our package three fold to get this feature.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, we really appreciate it. We are constantly working on iterating our pricing/package options to make sure our customers are on their 'right fit' plan. If you have any questions about our pricing, plans, or features available to you, please feel free to reach out to our customer support at any time.

Good Software, Poor Communication and Help

Yotpo offers a solid product for Loyalty Programs and Referral Programs, but if you don't have a dedicated team to figure out implementation, this can be a real arduous process to set up. Also, the customer support/reps are not knowledgeable.

Pros

The software is a great product. It functions well and we haven't had many issues with it. Implementation was difficult because their backend support to help walk us through the process seemed like he was overwhelmed with work. He knew the product really well and was helpful, but you could tell he was really stretched thin. It took us almost 3 times longer to get setup than anticipated, which was unfortunate.

Cons

Getting help from our customer reps has been a really negative experience. It feels like they don't want to help and/or are unable to help. Every question we have ends with a, "I'll look into that..." and then we never hear anything back.

Best review software for the price!

The customer support I have received from Yotpo has been unmatched. They are always willing to help and make changes to my code for me to setup the backend.

Pros

It was so easy to integrate with shopify!! Support was so helpful with assisting the account setup.

Cons

I have not had any complaints, which sounds crazy. But this software fits my needs perfectly.

I am not the main user

Works great to keep customers up to date on what people are thinking about our products.

Pros

I’m not the computer guy for this company but I like the ease of use and ability to know immediately when someone leaves a Review.

Cons

Nothing really that I don’t like about it

A great asset to our company!

When we first integrated YotPo, we had an increase in revenue because potential buyers were able to read reviews and see photos from other customers, making them feel more confident and educated in purchasing our products. UGC is an essential component of our website, and YotPo offers a simple-to-use software that easily integrates those revenue-increasing elements on our website. Overall, YotPo has been a great tool for our company - increasing our revenue and helping us seamlessly integrate reviews and photos on our website.

Pros

YotPo has been a super helpful tool for our company to curate customer reviews and visual content. The platform is very straight-forward to learn and navigate. The analytics feature has been a great component to help us track UGC and interaction with the widgets on our website. Our personal rep has also been really great to work with! She does a wonderful job of informing us of new YotPo features and analyzing our content for areas of growth. Another great feature is that photos can be attached to reviews, and the photos in our website gallery include the review or social media post they were included with. YotPo's customer service team has been readily available and very supportive in troubleshooting. They always follow up & stick with an issue until it's resolved.

Cons

I've run into an issue with the visual content curator that hasn't been solved, even with multiple conversations with customer service. When I manually upload, some photos with a portrait ratio end up looking skewed and distorted. There's no software solution for this, so I've had to just resize images on my own to avoid it. Other improvements I'd like to see are increased visual settings for photo galleries, greater customization options for review request emails, and the capacity to see how many reviews included photos (this is not currently a data point I can see in analytics).

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, we truly appreciate it. We are thrilled to hear that you're enjoying using Yotpo and are seeing the benefits on your website. We are constantly working on improving our product and your feedback is incredibly important to up.

Great Platform Overall

Overall, the platform has been pretty great. Our biggest gripe would be in the pricing. As a small business it is incredibly hard to have all of the important things (like a review platform) we need to be successful and also drive the kind of revenue we need to be sustainable. Every service costs money and it adds up quick. Most services are not small business focused as they get a lot more money from enterprise packages, which is unfortunate us little guys. Yotpo does offer growth packages, but they ramp up in price really quickly.

Pros

Reviews are incredibly important and Yotpo is a great platform to deliver them. They offer quite a few features in the lower priced tiers and are relatively easy to use. Yotpo is a recognized name by many consumers as a trusted reviews platform, which is a great benefit. Support has always been quick and helpful. They are a Google reviews partner, which is important to us.

Cons

The interface could be easier to navigate. The price is pretty high, but going cheaper means you may not get a platform that people know and trust.

Thank you for leaving a review. We're so happy to hear you're satisfied with Yotpo and the results you've been seeing. We are constantly iterating our pricing/plan options in an effort to provide the best solution for businesses at each point in their journey; however, we understand that it doesn't work for everyone. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding the plan you're on or the other plans we offer.

Goodbye Mailchimp! Hello Yotpo!

I'm very pleased. I'm also impressed with the staff. They've been super helpful and friendly.

Pros

I loved the ability to keep everything all in one place. It's super user friendly (although I'm still learning every day) .

Cons

Wish there were more options for email templates. Sometimes I don't have time to custom create a new look so if there were more options where I could just plug in my over verbiage and photos of products it would be super helpful.

Thank you for leaving a review! We really appreciate your feedback.

Easy To Use

It's been great for the most part.

Pros

I like that I get notified of every review that comes in or if there is a negative review that need attention. I also like that there is a feature for a customer to select they did not receive their product if they did not receive it.

Cons

I don't like that I don't believe there is an option for users to amend their reviews. If somebody leaves a negative review but we take care of them, it would be nice to send a follow up prompt saying something like. "It looks like the company was able to resolve your issue or concerns, would you like to amend your review?" It's very unlikely that the person will go back and write a new review since they are now no longer prompted to do a review.

Hi Justin, thank you so much for leaving a review! We really appreciate hearing your feedback and are happy to hear you're having a positive experience with Yotpo. As far as changing or updating reviews, we absolutely understand your frustration, but to confirm- do not offer that capability. What you can do is resend an Automatic Review Request email which will replace the existing review that's no longer relevant. Here's a link that should help: https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/resending-an-automatic-review-request-email

Yotpo Provided Brand Credibility

Yotpo gave credibility to our brand. We were using a generic review solution previously. While we did have some reviews, we weren't collecting new reviews very quickly and the overall format of them didn't provide any sort of confidence to potential customers that they were legitimate reviews. Yotpo immediately improved our review collection rate and gave new potential customers that these were reviews from real golfers who had been using our product.

Pros

The best thing about Yotpo is it works really well no matter how much time and attention I give it every day. It works best when I'm responding to reviews and using the social boost features to take advantage of all the great reviews that we're receiving. However, if I'm overwhelmed with other work, then I don't HAVE to log in and check things. Yotpo just works.

Cons

It's not inexpensive, but it's definitely worth the money. I had to "go to bat" in order for our company to adopt this solution, but it didn't take long for everyone to see the value. And now there's no question that Yotpo provides a big boost to our brand, user experience, SEO, and advertising.

Hi Seth! Thank you for the glowing review! We're so happy that you're enjoying Yotpo and seeing the results. We're constantly working to improve our product and better serve our customers, so we really appreciate your feedback.

Yotpo: Easy to use, insightful analytics and customer friendly.

YotPo provides me with alot of features that helps new customers in the right direction when chosing a product to buy. With great display of former reviews and product reviews, new customers trust your business and the step to finish a purchase.

Pros

The ability to have an easy overview of all the tools and alot of the features happens automatically. With YotPo you will have every tool inhouse and when everything is set up correctly you are provided with useful analytics and a great overview of how your customers review the business.

Cons

There is quite a handfull of features so it's easy to get "lost" within all of them.

Thank you for leaving a review. We're happy to hear you're enjoying using Yotpo. If you have any questions or need any guidance regarding the features available in your plan and how to best utilize them, please feel free to reach out to our customer service and they will do everything they can to assist you.

Premium customer reviews solution

Yotpo has really let us use user-generated content to increase our conversion rates while helping us offset the cost of creating our own content, with more authentic content.

Pros

Yotpo has an easy to use interface and has robust and well thought out features and tools for collecting user reviews and photos and displaying them on our websites to really make an impact with customers. Additionally, our account rep is super responsive and helpful with any questions or issues we run into.

Cons

It does have a higher price tag to some of its competitors, that said, the polish within the product and reliability isn't something you find in all SAS solutions.

Hi Ellie! We're so happy to hear you're enjoying Yotpo. Our price structure varies depending on the business needs and we're happy to hear that you're seeing the results on your site. Thank you for leaving a review, we really appreciate your feedback.

Very pleased with core product!

It's been wonderful working with Yotpo; their team is so helpful and positive.

Pros

We were in desperate need for automated, Verified reviews that didn't require us to monitor or control the spam or misdirected customer service inquires on our site, for a price that we could afford. Yotpo was that solution for us.

Cons

In order to unleash all of the greatness that Yotpo has to offer, you jump from an affordable price to a price that only large co's can afford. Wish there was an option in between.

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're happy to hear we were able to provide the solutions you needed. We are constantly working on our pricing to try and make sure our customers are on their best fitting plan. We do understand that it sometimes doesn't work out. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about your plan or any of our other plans.

Easy to use and great support

We took our time in getting the integration set up, but once the review emails started sending to consumers who purchased online the reviews came piling in. Yotpo helped organize and filter these reviews and we've been very happy with the results.

Pros

Yotpo's setup process and continued support has made the addition of this review platform painless with a huge return on investment. We have received more consumer reviews since adding Yotpo 6 months ago then we did in the previous 6 years. Our success manager is quick to respond and makes great recommendations and adding widgets is easy for anyone on our team to do.

Cons

We cannot currently share consumer reviews with the product team for an individual product. This would be valuable information for the product team to make adjustments during the growing/production season. It would also be great to have consumer reviews attached to records in our CRM which is also not currently available.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are constantly working on improving our product and your input is incredibly valuable to us. If you are encountering any issues or have any questions, please feel free to reach out ot our customer service at any time and they will do their best to assist you.

Mature But Expensive Reviews Platform

We've been able to collect a lot of reviews quickly with the tool and it's been great to be able to customize to the exact look and feel we want. But it is expensive and missing some features I would want like a review request send integration with our ESP.

Pros

The platform has a lot of mature features including some interesting AI-driven tools to display review hightlight. You can do advanced customization of the widget CSS to style it with your fonts and get it looking exactly how you want. We're collecting a good rate of reviews at around 6%.

Cons

It's very expensive relative to competitors like Okendo or Stamped — double, almost triple the price. It has a few additional features like Google Seller Ratings for Google text ads and the AI-driven highlights, but aside from that, the value is questionable compared to those options. I also don't like that I can't send review requests with our ESP, Klaviyo. I would really love the aggregate analytics on email sends by sending with one platform. It would also allow us to segment users by country or purchase easier since Klaviyo has far superior segmentation tools.

Hi Stephen! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are constantly working on improving our product and our customer service, so we really appreciate your feedback.

Really great. Platform is being updated frequently with new features. Customer service is always helpful and resolves issues quickly.

Pros

The seamless integration with our eComm system (Salesforce Commerce Cloud) and the customer service

Cons

How you have to be experienced in coding to change key elements of the look/feel of review requests, widgets, etc.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're constantly working on improving our products and your feedback is incredibly valuable to our process. In addition, if you have any questions regarding customization, our customer service is available 24/7 and they will be happy to assist you.

Great functionality but...

Onboarding experience was great. Like the personal touch everything gets.

Pros

I like that with Yotpo I own my reviews and I get much more control over design. When onboarding Yotpo provided a personal dev team to design my Review portal to make it match the feel and look of my store.

Cons

I was hoping that Yotpo will increase reviews and customer engagement however the case seems to be that less people are leaving reviews and engaging with the reviews and Q&A. I also don't like that the Q&A section doesn't have a search bar when the Q&A section is separate for the reviews tab. And finally the app is very expensive and especially if in getting less activity with the reviews and Q&A I don't know if the cost is worth it.

Hi Abraham, thank you so much for leaving a review! We really appreciate your feedback and are constantly working on finding ways to improve our product and better serve our customers. We hear your frustration and have reached out to one of the team members on your account - they'll be getting in touch to work together on easing some of these concerns.

Great integration with Shopify

Pros

We recently switched over our ecommerce to Shopify and with it added Yotpo to our integrations to collect reviews. I love the automation and the ease of set-up for basic review collection (and that we were able to send an initial manual-request to previous customers) as well as the straight-forward dashboard for review moderation.

Cons

It is rather frustrating how many of the features are blocked behind certain tiers and payment levels -- have sometimes run into something I thought we'd be able to use (like integration with Klaviyo or Q&A) that are not available to us unless we spring for a higher payment level -- and given our order volume right now it isn't an upgrade that makes sense at this time. I also wish more customer service was available at the lower tiers - the chat box has only been moderately helpful when I've utilized it for troubleshooting.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Please know that we take your feedback very seriously. We are constantly iterating our pricing and plan options in an effort to provide the best solution for businesses at each point in their journey; however, we understand that it doesn't work for everyone. We apologize for the delayed response from customer service. Please do not hesitate to get in touch again if you are encountering any difficulties and we'll do our best to support you.

Has helped our business

Pros

Yotpo has allowed us to gather thousands of customer reviews that help provide social proof to drive new customer purchases. We have been using the softeware successfully for over 2 years and have now signed up to their SMS marketing platform.

Cons

The Facebook advertising integration is very basic and does not allow for well crafted adverts to be launched.

Hello Ben! Thank you for the amazing review! We're happy to know you've been enjoying Yotpo for so long and that you keep seeing great results.

Easy To Use, Looks Nice, Cheaper Alternatives

Great tech, easy to implement, easy to use, contains a ton of features - it's just overpriced.

Pros

Yotpo is easy to implement and use. Being able to create Facebook ads directly from customer reviews is incredibly valuable and has brought large amounts of revenue to our store.

Cons

There are cheaper alternatives (MUCH cheaper) that do the exact same thing and even do most things better. Yotpo does appear to be severely overprice, in my honest opinion.

Hi there, thanks for leaving a review. Our pricing is catered to the needs & wishlists of the brands we work with and we're extremely sorry to hear that you weren't able to see the value of Yotpo in your experience. Every review, positive and negative, plays a big role in how we evolve our product and teams, and really appreciate you leaving your feedback.