Bloomerang Reviews

4.63/5 (287 reviews)

Anonymous

Bloomerang Review

Reviewed 2018-12-04

I work with several clients that use Bloomerang for their database. This software is very easy to use and very user friendly. They are very responsive when you have questions or are having issues using their software. I would highly recommend this database software to any organization. I have worked with two other database soft wares and Boomerang has been the best so far. I switched to Bloomerang about two years ago and this has been a great change. Their customer service and help center is very easy to navigate and a representative responds to your questions within seconds. From step by step instructions on how to pull reports, trouble shooting problems, helping with deleting and importing new constituents, any issues or questions you have they have answer for you within minutes. I love their feature of online webinars that introduce you to their new features and updates. These webinars are extremely helpful and give me the knowledge and information I need to train new employees on this software. Another pro is that they are open to suggestions and improvements. I have sent in a few changes that would make pulling reports easier and updates that will help decrease entering duplicate constituents and they have taken this feedback and acted on it. Several of their new features address the recommendations I have sent them.

Annah Grace Morgan

Bloomerang is an inutitive and user-friendly game changer!

Reviewed 2018-10-26

My organization was looking to make the switch from Excel spreadsheets to a true donor database. After I was immediately impressed with Bloomerang’s focus on donor retention and all the ways it could help my organization. Bloomerang has been a game changer for my team by providing key metrics in donor engagement, donor capacity and donor retention. It has helped keep us organized and get our fundraising on track. Bloomerang has been a game-changer for us. Not only do we use it for donors, we use it for all givers (which include our volunteers and other community resources). We have found a time-saver in this product! I love that it functions as a CRM tool in addition to the fundraising components. I love that you can customize it to make it work for you, no matter your industry or the complexity of your organization, and still it’s so user-friendly and intuitive! Not to mention, the incredible commitment to education! The free webinars and information are extremely on point and helpful. We are happy to highly recommend Bloomerang any time! I love the donor-centered nature of Bloomerang and how it focuses on donor engagement. It is customizable, easy-to-use and super intuitive. I am able to easily egment communication to donors and reach them with specific messaging they need to hear. I also love that Bloomerang is constantly improving and has great support. I sincerely appreciate Bloomerang’s knowledgeable support staff and their willingness to take customer feedback seriously. The product team continually makes updates and improvements to Bloomerang based on our suggestions.

Nic Miller

For organizations small and large, Bloomerang is good fit.

Reviewed 2018-10-24

Our organization moved from Raiser's Edge to Bloomerang just over a year ago. If you are familiar with Raiser's Edge, you likely understand that this is a massive transition to undertake both technologically and fundamentally--but I'm glad we did. We moved away from Raiser's Edge because we needed software that was powerful yet highly intuitive and didn't ship with a price tag that is difficult to justify. A year later, all of my team members are comfortable using the CRM and do so wherever they need to because it relies only on a web browser and internet connect -- no proprietary software or hardware required; no desk to which you're chained. There is a lot of power in Bloomerang at a price point that I guarantee will fit any budget, and the Bloomreang team does a great job of creating a product experience that actually has you celebrating the renewal date because you can cut the check knowing you made an excellent choice. From our first call with the sale's rep and through 12+ months of communication, I have enjoyed our experience with Bloomerang and look forward to many years as a client.Greater than the Bloomerang CRM itself is the company's incredible support team that is not only quick to respond and meaningfully engage, but does so humanely. Too many vendors staff their support teams with specialists who are technically proficient, but lack the ability to translate their knowledge into kind and understanding support. Without this type of support, clients like me would be left frustrated, defeated and with unresolved issues. Boomerang recognizes that their software AND support team needs to be human, and they do a great job putting this understanding into practice. This understanding is well-implemented in the software itself which requires minimal training to comfortably navigate and use. I am able to train-in team members on Bloomerang's basic functions within 60 minutes, and thanks to the software's intuitive interface, team members aren't intimidated by what they see on-screen, allowing them to explore Bloomerang's functionality on their own. This ease-of-use rings true for me as an administrator, too. Because I can swiftly navigate through the CRM's features, I am more efficient with my time and able to focus on completing projects and tasks without needing to consult a encyclopedia-length user manual. Overall, I have found that Bloomerang's great product and excellent support has elevated our team's ability to do our jobs well. We're not bogged down in the software anymore. We're focused on fundraising.

Lisa Northrop

Great CRM

Reviewed 2017-05-04

Bloomerang is ideal for agencies that are looking for a straightforward interface with the ability to customize fields and reports to your needs. Their social media integration, relationship tracking, and interaction fields takes our ability to get to know donors to another level. The import function, once you get the hang of it, is an incredible time saver. The ability to embed online donations via a custom Bloomerang form into our website has increased our online donations significantly. The program is continually improving and the customer service is excellent.-User-friendly interface -Pretty easy for beginners to pick up -I love how you can make relationships between people (very nice to pull up a church and find out what volunteers and donors attend that church or go to that book club) and put people into households -The giving summary on the donor profile and dashboard is a nice visual. -I like the ability to create tasks (but it would be nice if they sent you email reminders for deadlines that are coming up) -The ability to create interactions field is very helpful to keep track of your communications, meetings, and other cultivation items that don’t necessarily include a donation. -Custom forms, including custom donation forms make it so easy to tailor fundraising campaigns. -Very customizable reports and fields (we now use Bloomerang instead of paying for Volgistics to track volunteer hours) -Using Bloomerang stripe with our online donation page is fantastic—Our online donations went WAY up from Paypal. -Great responsive technical support---we use just the online chats and emails and haven’t found a need for phone support. -Love that this database is always improving. Our last one did not have that capability, so I think Bloomerang has a lot of potential. -Also love that it’s cloud based---our last database was not. -You can link your Twitter feed to Bloom and it will automatically populate tweets that your constituents have tweeted, and it gets added to their engagement level. -I’m using the import function for more and more things…donation entry, mailing interactions, attendance sheets, volunteer hour tracking. Once you get the hang of it, it can save a lot of time if done correctly.

Melinda Way-Stone

Got out of hostage situation

Reviewed 2016-12-27

I came into a new position and when the company mentioned their donor database it was like they were caught up in a hostage situation. They were stuck in an expensive contract with something they barely knew how to work with. A key component of my hire was that I knew how to work with this big, aggressive, expensive system. What a backward way to think! I had always heard of Bloomerang thanks to their presence at conferences, webinars and experts. To move to a simpler system meant more people could use this tool. So what do I like best? Bloomerang became an effective tool so that more than one person could use the system. Increased functionality meant we could accept online donations and training people became a cinch. Bloomerang is an excellent tool and I can't see any areas for improvement. One feature several users including myself have requested is currently in development. So Bloomerang listens to their users to offer solutions and keep the platform moving forward. They are patching the holes in the roof and doing the maintenance needed- not making you buy a whole new house to get upgrades. I came into a new position and when the company mentioned their donor database it was like they were caught up in a hostage situation. They were stuck in an expensive contract with something they barely knew how to work with. A key component of my hire was that I knew how to work with this big, aggressive, expensive system. What a backward way to think! I had always heard of Bloomerang thanks to their presence at conferences, webinars, and experts. To move to a simpler system meant more people could use this tool. So what do I like best? Bloomerang became an effective tool so that more than one person could use the system. Increased functionality meant we could accept online donations and training people became a cinch.

Samantha Poremba

Bloomerang to the rescue!

Reviewed 2016-11-14
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a small shop non-profit and because of Bloomerang's affordability, we have been able to transform our fundraising strategies in ways that we could have never imagined. With only three individuals working on the administrative side (Development Associate, Administrative Director, and President & CEO) and needing to raise just over a million dollars each year, we are dependent on the services that Bloomerang provides us. The customer service team is unbelievably amazing and each and every question is always answered in a timely manner. Each rep takes the time to explain WHY and HOW certain steps are important so that you actually can grow and learn. We just generated our year-end appeal mailing list and on our old reporting program, it took running several reports and then using formulas in excel to remove duplicate records. Countless staff hours used to go into this endeavor but because of Bloomerang and the Bloomerang team, we have our most carefully curated and hand-selected year-end mailing list that we have ever had (at a fraction of staff time nonetheless!) Our team chatted with the Bloomerang staff for 5-6 hours and they answered EVERY SINGLE question. We went from spending 30-40 hours creating this list to no more than 10. For this, we are incredibly grateful. The reporting features have enabled us to better direct our fundraising endeavors and we can send targeted mailings with tailored asks based off of future giving capacity. Our acknowledgement letters have an incredibly fast turnaround time and this simply was not feasible when we were still using our previous database. The ability to add interactions and notes to our donor profiles have helped us form a better understanding of our constituents and have provided us with the opportunity to develop deeper relationships with our donors. We also love that our online donation forms can sync with Bloomerang so that we are able to quickly detect whose given to us. The layout and setup of the system is so simple that we can easily have volunteers or interns hop onto the system to help us clean up our database or add constituents. Going back to our earlier point that we only have three people working on the administrative side, it is so important to us that our system is easy enough for other individuals to be able to work on. Bloomerang came to our rescue and I firmly believe it is one of the reasons that this has been our best year to date! Ease of use, reporting features, capacity to add custom fields to constituent records, affordability, ease of generating acknowledgement letters, simple and easy--to-use email templates, online donation forms syncing with database

Erin Howlett

Great tool for our Advancement team!

Reviewed 2018-09-27

Overall, our organization has been very happy with our switch to Bloomerang over 2 years ago. It has allowed us to better track donor cultivation and retention efforts, which means we are engaging with our donors more effectively. It's a great tool for our team as we develop our annual fundraising plans and allows all team members to easily check in throughout the year to see how we are progressing toward our goals. The database is easy to use and customize. The dashboard provides a great snapshot of how our organization is doing on any given day in terms of donor retention and money raised for any active campaigns. Designing custom reports is straightforward with features like drag and drop columns, and the reports run to screen, so it's easy to tell if you have all the relevant information before exporting data. New features are regularly added, including features based on user-requests. One of my favorite features is the live chat support. I'm able to connect right away with someone on the support team, they are knowledgeable about the systems and are able to work with me to effectively solve problems, suggest relevant tips or work-arounds, and are pleasant to deal with.

Ben Sperling

Bloomerang - Easy to Use and Amazing Customer Support

Reviewed 2016-08-09

My organization started using Bloomerang in 2015 when we wanted to switch to a donor management platform where our donation form could be embedded into our actual website (instead of having our donor be taken to an external site). I was immediately impressed with the customer support and ease of setting up my account and importing my existing/past donations. I continue to be impressed with Bloomerang and they address all of our needs as a small nonprofit organization.Not only is Bloomerang easy to use and navigate, but their customer service is amazing. They are always extremely quick to respond to requests and if I ever have an issue, it is always resolved right away. It allows me to not be worried if something looks off or if an issue arises, because I know I can expect a response almost immediately. I also like the ease of running reports and the variability of the possible reports. I enjoy that I can filter out many details, whether it's regarding donor type or transaction type.

Paige Baione

Perfect for donor management

Reviewed 2017-07-17
Review Source: Software Advice

I still value this software for the seamless tracking it does of donors and donations. It has many useful features that help with development in terms of finances. I'd like to see more features for help with program and volunteer development specifically but that doesn't minimize the usefulness of what it offers. I highly recommend Bloomerang for nonprofits!Online donation forms automatically create profiles in your Bloomerang and those forms can be on our website, our Facebook page, etc. Easy to create web forms for all kinds of uses including donations for specific long-term funds or short-term campaigns. Nice reporting to see what's coming in and the ability to acknowledge donations right from the system with emails or letters. Also like the social media tracking to see who's talking about us and this also feeds into the donor "temperature" which is a measure of donor engagement. You can really identify your true champions! Still learning the system so I'm sure we'll continue to discover useful features. Overall, this is an excellent resource for donor tracking and management.

Julie Ragland

Good, simple database

Reviewed 2016-09-15
Review Source: Software Advice

Bloomerang is a simple to use database that focuses on fundraising and donor management basics. The user interface is clean and easy to understand. Being able to set up an unlimited number of our own custom fields is great and adding donations in is easy. The ability to design, filter, send, and track emails to constituents from within the system is good. Of all the systems I got trial logins for when researching, it was the only one that was easy to get into and play around with intuitively without watching a bunch of training videos. The online chat support is always fast, responsive, and helpful, and there's the ability to suggest system features and see what features are in the works. It also has a good social media integration, especially with Twitter.

Danelle Erickson

5 years of Bloomerang and counting

Reviewed 2018-09-27

When we started using Bloomerang about 5 years ago, we were coming from an older system. The user-friendly aspect, custom fields, email tool, online giving tools, report building, etc. were all features that were appealing to us and we continue to use and value all these features and more. Bloomerang is very user-friendly. The reporting tool is great and can basically create anything we need. And if we can't quite get the report right, their support is great to help. We use their email tool for mass emails, create thank you letters, accept online donations, accept event registrations, etc. Great to have all of these features in the same place.

Joan Mumaw

The Bloomerang fundraising software is just the ticket for the small start up organization!

Reviewed 2017-08-25
Review Source: Software Advice

I hope this new generation of fundraising software continues to be open to suggestions from users and builds on this excellent product.There are many features of the software that I appreciate. It is user friendly and has excellent help guides and videos. The techs must be teachers. The guides are written in clear language and easily understood by those who can follow directions.(Not all have patience to follow directions.) I paid for additional help and never needed it! The staff are ready to help and are just a phone call away. And, occasionally, they call just to see how things are going. A nice touch. Lastly and important for new organizations, the cost is reasonable and special discounts are available for new not for profit organizations. The cost gradually increases as the number of accounts are added to the system and additional funding is secured. And, I almost forgot, this system has enabled me to have a fully integrated platform for fund-raising, a goal I had from the beginning.

Kaitlyn Murphy

We use Bloomerang as our database software for several clients

Reviewed 2018-03-26

This software is easy to use and has many customizable features that allow you to keep track of donations and donor profiles.It has a user-friendly interface with a lot of functionality. There is an ability to customize many of Bloomerang's features so that you can properly record and track donations and gifts to your organization. For example, we have customized the groups categories to include how many years each donor was involved in an annual event we host. These features not only enable us to keep track of donations, but to pull more detailed reports that we can then use for targeted marketing campaigns.

Jeanine Brown

What a difference Bloomerang has made!

Reviewed 2018-10-23

The entire conversion from ETapestry start to finish was flawless. Bloomerang's Support Team is excellent - top notch! We were supported throughout the onboarding process and continue to be - we've been using Bloomerang for over a year now. Our CEO is finding the data she needs! Our donor timelines are accurate and we are connecting with our constituents effectively. The Benevon partnership and integration with Bloomerang has changed the way we fundraise. Integration with QGiv is about to take our peer-to-peer fundraising to a whole new level. We can't thank Bloomerang enough!Bloomerang is the most user friendly, well thought through, and supportive experience we could have ever asked for or imagined. Even our CEO is able to use it! From our donors to our participants and volunteers, we are able to manage all aspects of our mission. Bloomerang is out in front of us developing new and innovative ways of managing our data and we are so very grateful. There are new features and partnerships in place before we come to realize we need them. Training is awesome; chat help is outstanding. Couldn't be happier!

Peter Saverine

Great Product Elevated by Great People

Reviewed 2019-01-11

We are able to track our donor relationships in a more dynamic and fun way and use tools to target our marketing and solicitations while building the results of our fundraising and events. Very intuitive. Great graphic display and geared toward building and tracking donor relationships. All the information we need without excessive bells and whistles that would not be used. Good flexibility in creating reports that are easily cloned and updated for future needs.

Brenda Barber

Great Product, Great Price, Excellent Customer Support

Reviewed 2018-11-06

This application replaced dozens of spreadsheets I used to use. I had looked other products that were less robust and way more expensive. The company offers lots of tutorials, videos, webinars and classes that are very helpful. I am happy with this app and anxiously await a better email module. I just wish I could better engage my board to use it for donor interaction logging. Bloomerang is a very well thought out application. The database and the reports generated from team or in valuable to our organization. The custom reporting is very easy for someone with an IT background searches me, but should be fairly easy for anyone to use. It has been a lifesaver for my organization to have this product which was at a very affordable price. It is continually improved with new features, many at user request. Customer support is top notch.

Lee Rast

User friendly and affordable!

Reviewed 2019-01-17

Initially, Red Clay Rescue's database was a poorly designed spreadsheet. I could not add enough features to maintain our rapidly growing donor base. Our budget was very low and we were only 3 employees--none of us particularly skilled with the internet. We found Bloomerang through a fundraising consultant and it has been a true blessing. It is very affordable and the features are to numerous to name. Now all of our critical information is organized and at the ready in a keystroke. New features are added frequently and the tutorial videos are so detailed that anyone can use this database. I can't foresee any reason to ever switch from Bloomerang.The tutorials are my favorite feature. I am a one person office without a great deal of computer experience. At first I was intimidated by all that Bloomerang offered, but the tutorials are so detailed and specific that even I could use this program with relative ease. And because they are available 24/7, help is at the tips of my fingers! It is also VERY affordable for a low budget charitable organization.

Stephenie Bojc

Outstanding Multi-Feature Fundraising Tool

Reviewed 2018-10-24

I've used multiple fundraising databases over the years, and Bloomerang is my favorite. It's easy to use, customer support is outstanding, and it integrates our online donation platform, fundraising software, donor retention score, and e-mail marketing all in one piece of software. Bloomerang is critical member of our fundraising team!The user interface is great, and the software is very easy to use. One of my favorite aspects about Bloomerang is the quick access to customer support. The online chat feature is wonderful, and the Bloomerang support team can even access our database remotely to help with any questions we are having setting up reports, e-mails, etc.

Robin Ginner

Seamless integration for constituent and donor tracking

Reviewed 2016-10-07
Review Source: Software Advice

I've done several database conversions and implementations in my nearly 20-year career in nonprofits, and without a doubt, the folks at Bloomerang made it fast, easy and seamless. After researching several solutions for donor tracking, we settled on Bloomerang because of it's robust features, customization ability, pricing and training options. Little did I know just how much I would gain from this product! Our implementation manager walked us through the entire process, and once I handed our data over to her, within just a couple short weeks she had all of our information uploaded, customized and ready to roll! I didn't even have to go back to them with any changes, corrections or adjustments! They actually got it right the very first time (something I've never had happen in the implementations I've managed before)!! Since start up, we've found it easy to further customize our data, enter and track donations and new constituents, and format and use the online forms for registrations and donations. There is a huge library of pre-recorded webinars to help with training, and their customer service department is very responsive. Plus they have regularly scheduled webinars to help you with all-things development and fundraising - not just webinars to tout their own products, but knowledge that can really help you take your fundraising to the next level. I'm so happy we chose Bloomerang for our donor management software. It's a software solution we won't have to worry about out-growing - the customization of the tracking and reporting will make it valuable and useful to us for years to come. This has been one of the best decisions I've ever made!Easy implementation Customization Easy online forms for donations and event registration Excellent training and customer service Easy reporting features Tons of features at a budget friendly price

Cori Korn

Extremely Satisfied

Reviewed 2016-04-04
Review Source: Software Advice

As a customer of Bloomerang for the past 3 years, their customer service always exceeds my expectations. Whether in an on-line chat or over the phone, their knowledgeable customer service representatives quickly respond to any questions I have. For example, when preparing a report of a segmented donor group, Bloomerang was able to help me through the process in a manner that allowed me to run these reports independently in the future. Their commitment to satisfying their customers is evident in the continual enhancements made to their product.

Kathi Torres

Intuitive, flexible CRM for small to mid-size non-profit

Reviewed 2018-01-09
Review Source: Software Advice

Our mid-size foundation was able to replace Network for Good (formerly used for online/web donations and event registration), Constant Contact (weekly newsletter), and Exceed (old donor database) with the all-in-one functionality of Bloomerang. By self-hosting our web forms, we now present a more cohesive front to our constituents. We can do more in terms of donor segmentation, tracking of interactions, staff task assignments, and reporting. Overall, we've been very pleased with our new CRM (though we still use Greater Giving for our annual fundraising event/auction). Dashboard offers at-a-glance analytics on donor retention and campaign progress. Conversion to Bloomerang takes more time than some other CRM vendors, but it is seamless and you have a dedicated Conversion Project Manager. Easy to manage Donor Profiles, and ability to do versatile donor segmentation. Decent Letters and Email marketing capability. I have found Bloomerang easy to use for our weekly newsletter. I like the Reporting capabilities, though the filters can get confusing. Great training webinars.

Kristin Westermann

great cloud-based solution!

Reviewed 2018-10-29

Bloomerang helped us solve the biggest problems, which were 1) access by multiple users and 2) availability of software ANYWHERE. Being able to use the software in Tanzania (where we work) has been a huge benefit.Any small nonprofit that doesn't exactly fit the typical database mold can benefit from Bloomerang. You can make it what you want. The letter and email features have hugely strengthened our donor communications and improved our donor retention rate. Having an unlimited number of customer fields available has been fantastic; we always wanted more in our previous database. We were also able to canceled our email marketing software (which wasn't user friendly) in favor of Bloomerang's integrated email functionality.

Gail Rothman

Love the ease of the Bloomerang Interface!

Reviewed 2016-08-01

Changing your database when you are an established non-profit is a daunting experience. We made the switch almost 2 years ago and have been very happy we did. The interface is clean and clear and so easy to navigate compared to our previous database which made getting reports challenging. Now, with a few clicks, I can really dive in to my data and this has allowed us to do a much better job of donor stewardship. I love being able to quickly see a snapshot of the donor history along with an assessment of how close they are to our organization (cold, cool, warm, on fire). Switching to Bloomerang has made me realize how important it is to be able to pull data easily in order to make operational decisions that have the most impact. It is very easy to use, which allows us to have volunteers do data entry. We can upload interactions which means we can have information about who attended our events even when we use a third party ticket site. We love that it is web-based and can be accessed anywhere.

Ashley Caycedo

Reviewed 2018-10-03

Overall Bloomerang has brought so much organization to us. We are a small grassroots nonprofit that only has one staff person and several volunteers. Having a safe central place with all the information we need is huge. I know there is a lot more that this program can do that we have not even begun to tap into, but so far it has really improved how we serve donors. This software is extremely easy to use! I love that it is cloud based so I can access from anywhere. I love that you can set up different forms for different things. I also think the customer service is top notch. I probably use the live chat once a week with help in creating reports and they are always quick and super helpful!

Danica Dickinson

Bloomerang is a user-friendly system that provides an easy way to track and engage your donor base.

Reviewed 2016-01-22

Bloomerang is a user-friendly, affordable donor database system that provides a clean and easy way to track and reenergize your donor base. Bloomerang is a newer system, so while there are certain functions that could be improved, the Bloomerang staff is very responsive to questions and suggestions so any cons may not stay cons for long. Below are a few current pros and cons with the Bloomerang system. Pros ' It is easy to define a constituent's recognition name, envelope name, informal name, etc. which makes merging documents seamless. ' In the event that you accidentally attribute a gift to an organization rather than an individual or create two profiles for the same constituent, it is easy to merge records and change record types. ' The search tool is quick and efficient. ' Reports are easily downloaded into Excel. ' System and profile dashboards give quick summaries of data, which are especially helpful for organization staff who may not be in the system every day. ' Constituent profiles have different tabs to show different information, but the constituent's name, contact info, and picture stay at the top which makes it easy to jump between records without confusion. ' Credit card processor integration with Stripe and BluePay make accepting online donations very donor-friendly. Cons ' When uploading information, the system errs on the side of duplicating records ' there's no automatic suggestions for matching new data with existing records, so unless what you're uploading is exactly the same as the existing information (down to the punctuation), the info won't be merged. ' Exported letters are only downloadable in PDF form, which prevents any touch-ups or personal notes before printing. Having the option to export to Word would make cultivating personal relationships with donors easier. ' System and profile dashboards aren't very customizable. Bloomerang has allowed our organization to streamline our donation record-keeping, donation acknowledgement, and donor communication processes to maximize our donor relationships. Use of the integrated Stripe online donation processor has simplified and expanded our capacity to garner online gifts, and the timeline functionality has greatly improved our team's communication about grant deadlines and moves management.