Servant Keeper Logo

Servant Keeper

Complete church management software, on cloud or on premise.

Servant Keeper Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.92/10

Reviews by rating

The ease of it functionality and available help when questions needed to be answered simply support service is excellent plus there is so much more services available across the board for our church.
It's ease of running reports and I am super excited about its integration with eventbrite.
Having the ability to equip others to utilize the SK tools definitely supports stronger relationships which in turn supports less money for staffing due to the time saved through equipping others.
My only other complaint is the lack of customization on the main, first page.
One of the continual problems I experience while using the contribution manager has not been resolved. So each time I use it, I have the same problem.
There arent a ton of feature that can be done with this software. Reporting is limited, and there's no workflows, automated reporting, member portal, attendance module, etc.

Jami B.

Keeping everything in order

Does what we need!

Pros

Keeping up with our contributors and being able to print labels for newsletters with ease.

Cons

If someone who isn’t familiar with the software it can be difficult.

AD

Amy D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] -- Excellent Assistance

Pros

Reports and immediate assistance when needed.

Cons

I wish they did not constantly try to get us to upgrade.

JK

Jill K.

Servant Keeper

We needed an affordable cloud based church database to replace our old service based program. This was pretty good for the money. The app is good and reports are easy once you train and practice.

Pros

The app is very helpful. We are learning to customize reports easier. We like the cloud alternative. Event Bright integration is great.

Cons

Setting up the groups are a little clunky at first. White glove transfer wasn’t as seamless as promised. It doesn’t interface with our One Call Now system, so we are having to update two systems.

DH

Denise H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Excellent Donor Management Software

Overall, I would highly recommend this product. I use it along side QuickBooks for nonprofits and it's really easy to import donation info to Servant Keeper from QuickBooks. It is a great way to keep notes on donors, run reports to find all the donors in a certain geographic location, send year end tax statements. There is almost no limit to the type of donor information you can store and track using Servant Keeper. Customer service has always been super as well.

Pros

Servant Keeper is pretty user friendly and you are able to customize it to fit your particular needs. You are able to change titles of boxes and truly track exactly what you need to track for your non-profit. That part is fantastic. It's easy to import data from other programs which is super helpful.

Cons

all.the.clicking. There is so much mouse clicking when you use this product. It is almost funny how many times you have to click to complete simple tasks. It drives me insane. It could be way more efficient than it is when it come to doing tasks.

SN

Sandra N.

My experience using Servant Keeper

I have been working with Servant Keeper for about 7 or 8 years. I was offered in person training with the personnel from the company for a number of months. I liked all features and the most importantly the excellent customer service.

Pros

I like Servant Keeper because it has all of the features to help you collect and maintain information for members, general and monetary. Also, I really like the fact that there is always available knowledgeable, patient and courteous staff to help you with any situation you may have.

Cons

I personally like all of the features of Servant Keeper.

LM

Lula M.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Help with getting to know the different levels of Servant Keeper managements was so easy to gash

Love to used this product tried Vanco not my taste for processing payment but it works and too expensive to used.

Pros

Integration and features added to the app. After getting through the Staff step by step login for the set up.and managing for that was manual for donors that used cash donation. Next was the process of give now for the members and donors giving through the process of their email payments and receipts.

Cons

I have never disliked servant Keeper use it for membership donation only for over 20 years. Now with getting the donors an for me to track is very good for me and the process of income to the church

BR

Bonnie R.

Excellent customer service

Very good - customer service is excellent and the product is helpful in many ways.

Pros

Received great customer service today. Product is for the most part pretty good. Saves a lot of time. Useful for tracking donations and maintaining lists of congregants who serve in various capacities.

Cons

Some of the interfaces don't always work that well. Setting up new financial management program and it is a bit more complex than we anticipated.

JD

John D.

Exceptional Customer Service

[sensitive content hidden] at the Help Desk provided exceptional assistance during our Servant Keeper upgrade. Her expertise and dedication made the process smooth and efficient. We're grateful for her outstanding support, ensuring a positive experience throughout the upgrade. Kudos to [sensitive content hidden] for going above and beyond to help us.

Pros

We have found Servantkeeper easy to use, from installation to daily operation, it is truly impressive. The streamlined installation process made the initial setup hassle-free, and the intuitive interface has simplified daily use. This user-friendly experience has not only saved time but also enhanced overall productivity.

Cons

We have not experienced any negative aspects of its use. Its seamless functionality and user-friendly interface have contributed to a hassle-free experience.

Bill L.

Nanotechnology,

Provides giving tracking and on-line giving portal. Both work seamlessly together.

Easy to use and provides up to date online giving options

Pros

Easy to use and the online giving option has opened up more giving opportunities for members and integrates into statements

Cons

Would like to see an accounting package integrated with the software. Right now we have to manually add to a third party software.

Hi Bill, it's so nice of you to leave a complimentary review. I do want to acknowledge your request regarding accounting. Right now we offer direct integration with Quickbooks. So when you post your account totals go directly into your quickbooks company file. We have found that for most of our customers, this integration serves them best as their accountant uses Quickbooks. This also lets us focus on the member/donor tracking, which is what we do best. We really appreciate your feedback and kind words! Thanks for using Servant Keeper! - the Servant Keeper Team

TM

Tripp M.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Looking for a church donation tracking program? Here is a keeper!

Our experience with Servant Keeper has been excellent. It is a great program, reasonably priced, and SK adds functionality to keep it current in the market. It enabled us to open up to donations other than by physical check (which is how the under 30 set prefers to give)! Highly recommended.

Pros

We are a small church, using spreadsheets to track most finances. We needed an easily understandable program that we could use for donation giving, and produce the year-end donor reports. Servant Keeper fits the bill! We also use the donor tracking capability to be able to do demographic studies of our congregation (location, age, amount given, etc.). We have not yet used the Directory feature, but we expect to do so in a fe months. As we grow it has additional features into which we can grow.

Cons

I really don't have any cons with respect to Servant Keeper.

BW

Bob W.

Used other for 2+ years

I cant see why reviewers are happy with paying $300 for help desk support

The program itself has been useful but reasonable cost customer support is lacking.

Pros

We were forced into the implementation of this suite of church mgt software after using a simplified program for managing contributions and donations. I personally like the overall way the program performs. The ease of use of initial setup and the week to week use is fairly simple. And the reporting is very useful. However, when you do have an issue and contact the help desk, that is where the compliments...

Cons

Easy to understand guide book that has a useable index and a help file within the program that actually works instead of defaulting to a coding editor.

CS

Carol S.

Solution for Church Management Software

Overall, we are very happy with the transition. We are a small church. So, it is the most affordable solution that met most of the criteria we had for functionality.

Pros

While I am certified in Database Technology, I understand the need for software that's easy to use for the end-user. This product is intuitive, making it a snap for new users to get up and running with it.

Cons

Our previous software had an accounting module to handle more than just our contributions. We currently link Quick Books to our Servant Keeper to solve this problem. However, Quick Books is a huge learning curve as it is not designed for non-profits (terms/language is very different).

DZ

Deb Z.

Servant Keeper

We are utilizing this software to get some really interesting report returns as we are learning the capabilities. We are also learning by the types of reports we are looking for how to better maintain the profiles that were set up and to streamline for best outcome in reporting. Again, Servant Keeper Help Desk is a must!

Pros

Lots of opportunities for reporting, customizing, etc. Pretty robust software. I have just had basic training by a previous user who also did not utilize the software to its fullest as this was not her function. We are learning more and more about just how much this software can do. We have been under utilizing and are looking forward to seeing how we can beef up our usage to get the best return on our investment and to care for our members in a more consistent way. Help Desk and tutorials are most helpful.

Cons

Without the proper training it is not extremely user friendly for reporting but with the right training, the software is outstanding. I highly recommend the Help Desk option. It has more than paid for itself year after year as we continue to learn the capabilities. The staff at Help Desk are super well trained and very helpful.

GB

Gwen B.

Servant Keeper Service Review

We love that our minister/users can log on from their phones and bring up members for visits or calls. I like the ease of adding members. I like the incredible help I get because I can talk to a person and not go thru several menus to get there. Our bookkeeper has found contributions to be easy to use and help calls very effective in problem solving

Pros

User-friendly with the ability to actually talk to a customer service rep who will help with any problem. Today, reps, actually logged into my account and ran an update and made sure I could access Servant Keeper through an icon on my screen. It must have taken only 10 minutes for her to complete the help.

Cons

I'm still struggling with the bulk mail ability. I can create the group, but the barcoded labels don't appear correctly, i.e, they overwrite between the first 5 and the last 4. They should be different each time they are run based on a product called Cassit, that Servant Keeper doesn't use to verify for each time the bar codes are attached to the label list. Also there are authorization reports the post office requires for their automated.

GG

G. G.

A different perspective ' an IT Services Professional's view of SK

As an IT Services professional for over three decades, I am engaged daily, sometimes for hours on end, with software products, services, and helpdesks around the world. Over the years, I have observed great software looses its greatness if the helpdesk and support team do not provide the same level of great support. Sometimes made bearable with a good helpdesk and support. Tolerable with live,...

JO

Jeff O.

Servant Keeper is a great product for the price.

Pros

The price verses quality is exceptional. Servant keeper is easy to use, and does a great job at tracking church membership. All the new features that have come out have made it very competitive with other companies. I especially like the add on of background checks and registration.

Cons

I am not a fan of how expensive the cloud/ mobile versions are. This is a great feature that many churches could not afford. We had to pick a few staff members to receive the app, and others had to use the traditional site. I also wish each member could establish their own profile.

Hi Jeff, first thanks for using Servant Keeper and for recommending it to other churches. Second, I think you may not know that all of your users can use the mobile and web apps as well as the desktop apps and you can use it on unlimited devices and computers for no additional charge. Also, please know that all of your members can manage their own profiles online at no additional charge to you. - thanks! the Servant Keeper Team

VR

Vicki R.

Church record keeping at your finger tips

Servant Keeper is a great asset to our church record keeping & daily needs of managing our congregation. The financial portion of the program is easy to use. You won't need an accountant to make entries & run a vast array of easy to read reports. Accountants will find the complete information they need as well. The membership manager can maintain a wealth of knowledge about members & visitors....

Pros

Simple to use. Entry screens are basic and easy to follow. Entry errors are easy to correct. Easy to add new people and catagories while making entries. Members like how detailed yet simple their giving statements are. Clear format for easy understanding. Multiple options are available for statements to customize to your needs for that moment. Reports are easy to read in ways that are simple for councils and chairpersons to review quickly and without additional training. History is quickly accessed and can be used to create an abundance of reports for budgets and church needs. Webinars are informative and helpful. Don't skip them if at all possible. They open new ways of using the software.

Cons

Pledges can only be tracked per person, not by family, on critical reports. There are ways to work around this by entering the spouse with a zero pledge, but doesn't not quite correct the whole problem there. Not enough con to outweigh all the positive pros though.

VW

Vicki W.

Great program!

I used several different programs before I found Servant Keeper and none of them were as easy to use and contained the information the church needed like this one. Servant Keeper also allows me to customize it to fit my needs. The company is very good at taking suggestions for improvement and I often find the changes in new upgrades. The staff is wonderful to work with and readily solves problems. I recommend this program to every church secretary I meet. There is nothing else on the market that provides the needed information for my church. The price is fair and I highly recommend having their help desk contract. It is worth it.

Pros

Ease of use, adaptability for my needs, the reports available, ease of emailing contribution statements, tracking information, great customer service and help desk, and more.

Cons

Not compatible with PayPal for online giving but that is a very minor thing.

AC

Arthur C.

PassWord Support

Servant Keeper helps our church stay out of any kind of trouble. All the features are designed to help us keep pertinent records by consent, without trespassing upon anyone's privacy

Pros

It is very comprehensive and targets every aspect of church membership. It allows the church to keep accurate records of all members and their families within the program. Contributions and pledges are easily recorded, and one of the best features of the program is "it will not allow you to gloss over mistakes". This makes accounting, end of month, and yearend statements very easy to print at any time there is a need. Simply stated, it is an outstanding program for any organization that handles contributions.

Cons

The defaults are laid out in "Landscape" or Excel format. This is great for large organizations that collects all the information, and takes much time to format the way I like my reports to print.

Hello Arthur! thanks for using and recommending Servant Keeper! It's a joy to serve your ministry. Regarding the report format, you can customize the reports to be landscape or portrait. Give us a call if you don't see where to switch that. Thanks again! - the Servant Keeper Team

BR

Beth R.

Sexism Inherent

Pros

Modifying the individuals in the database is easy. It's easy to switch between members in a family, not not between two families at once. The mobile app for attendance is good but doesn't stay logged in long enough to be used at a kiosk as parents enter without having parents click through the auto login.

Cons

Males are listed before female children. It would be much more effective (and less sexist) to list all children by age. But sorting them by gender is not anything that helps me in my ministry. When adding spouses of the same gender, it changed the gender and last name of the spouse to hetronormative and "head of household"'s last name! Why would any database actively CHANGE data upon moving it? The interface is clunkier than I had hoped as are the apps.

Hi Beth, thanks for using Servant Keeper and recommending it to others. You can sort the family members by any criteria (age, etc) The other items you are referring to are system preferences that you can change. They are designed to automate the data entry process but you can either turn them off or change them. Thanks again! - The Servant Keeper Team

WJ

Wanda J.

servant keeper rocks

it can use it for all of church functions

Pros

how membership and contribution manager interacts

Cons

Very few function can be a little bit better overall it is still very user friendly

KM

Kenny M.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Great church software management from ServantKeeper. Great customer service.

We have been customers since 2001 +/-... maybe even the 90s. We use v8 and like the Cloud. We use original online giving and the Lobby Kiosk, the phone App and we plan to start using the Mail Chimp plug-in this year.

Pros

Customer service is wonderful. We love ServatKeeper 8 - cloud based. List management for groups and mailings.

Cons

We are an open church and we have had issues (that we have created work-arounds for) managing couples/families who do not have the same last name. It may be a couple who married and one of them did not change their name, a spouse who did hyphenate their name and one who did not or a same-sex marriage where it may be he/he or she/she. Some even have adopted children who kept their birth name.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

customizable and works

Pros

Used this for years. Used for class lists for the children at the church. Tracked the different adult studies that the adult members attended. Able to separate the financial information from the non-financial so not all of the staff had access to the financial records (I didn't, for example). Had good experience with the support team when questions or issues arose.

Cons

Not a problem with the software. Make sure that backups are made. It has tools that allow you to change data for large groups of people, which can be very helpful. Sometimes changes needed to be undone, especially when volunteers were given access to the database. :(

KT

Kathryn T.

Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees

Go for the Level 3 Bundle as the unlimited Help Desk is well worth it.

Still haven't completely enabled all aspects of the program. I had to change accounting programs at the same time we jumped into this program. What a huge difference in how much time it takes. With the white glove conversion I was able to have the attendance and contributions up and running in a few days. It will take a bit longer to get all the capabilities up and running only because I'm still working on the accounting program conversion.

Pros

The White Glove transition worked well. You do have to conform your categories, but the team helps you identify what is needed. The attendance and contributions went in smoothly once everything matched up. We were able to bring over from Logos the attendance and contributions of our database from 2012 forward. Utilize the training videos they are very helpful. The help desk team will walk you through whatever you are having trouble with also. This software has so many parts that can be useful for a large or growing church.

Cons

Some areas are very intuitive to work with, but the report area was not. Don't waste time trying to figure it out on your own. Use the training and the help desk! You may have to wait on hold for a member of the Help Desk Team, however it is worth the wait. They walk you through whatever you are having trouble with. It becomes clear how it works and why it works that way. Now it feels intuitive.

DD

Dr. D. Robert C.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Great program, great support, no problems

We took a long time to make the decision to purchase Servant Keeper. We already have another church software program but Servant Keeper is much easier to use and gives us what we want.

Pros

Easy to use. Works as advertised. Good customer support.

Cons

Wish it had a module for Accounting. Quick Books isn't really designed for churches although that is what we use. Wish the "Directory" portion of the Membership Module had more flexibility with regard to font size and the number of names on a page.

Dr. Robert, Thank you for your kind review of Servant Keeper. We are so glad it is a blessing to your ministry. In regards to 'built in' accounting, at this time our surveys show that about 80-85% of churches are using Quickbooks at their accountant's request so we have felt that letting churches stay with their accounting program of choice is the best option. Thanks again for using Servant Keeper! The Servant Keeper Team