Servant Keeper

Complete church management software, on cloud or on premise.

Servant Keeper Reviews

NM

Nicole M.

This is a wonderful program that I have used for more than 10 years. The people at Servant Keeper are wonderful to work with.

SM

Sabrina M.

I am still discovering Servant Keeper and the things I can do, BUT my experience has been GREAT. The HELP DESK staff are patient and excellent teachers.

DE

Daisy E W.

PR

Phillip R.

The field names can be a little confusing (E-mail vs Email, etc. The ministry names (attributes) are a little challenging to work with.

CB

Craig B.

How difficult it is to go through all the steps necessary to find necessary donors, plus running all necessary donors after the first of the year to send for their taxes.

AH

Annette H.

Recommendation for Servant Keeper 8, Cloud Version

SK allows us to have one database that all staff use to keep track of our members, potential members, friends. We track contacts with all in our database, add pictures, notes, visits, attendance. We have added Protect My Ministry to do background checks.

Pros

SK is extremely user friendly and intuitive. It provides a full range of capabilities from basic demographics, attendance, contribution processing and reporting to group e-mails, data sorting on nearly every field, "dashboard" information to get church info in a quick format and well trained, easily available customer support. SK converted 3 years worth of contribution information and all the demographic information from our old system and helped us configure to our needs with SK8 under the "white glove" experience. Training videos provided were excellent. On-going webinars and live training have also been well worth my time. We have all staff set up with the Mobile Ministry app so they can find e-mail, telephone or address while on the go.

Cons

I only had one issue that has been a problem, but SK corrected it in an update.

Servant Keeper The Choice in Church Software Innovative and Integrative; Relational Software

We have integrated our accounting and membership departments. We have had been able to communicate more effectively and efficiently with the congregation through the SK Notify tools. We are expanding our functionality by adding Event Brite, Check In and Cloud Directory. We anticipate simpler processes and more excellence with the addition of these tools. Having the ability to equip others to utilize the SK tools definitely supports stronger relationships which in turn supports less money for staffing due to the time saved through equipping others. SK continues to impress me with their ability to listen and hear their audience by remaining innovative with their software.

Pros

The synergy for how all the modules work together. The opportunity to add add on modules when ready both financially and with personnel. The Cloud version is outstanding and the addition of the apps. Time saving! Connectivity at its best! These additions bring the corporation, the leadership and the attendees into relationship because of the tools. Our organization has always appreciated the Support Desk. When i think of Servant Keeper SERVANT always a listening ear and continual support via phone, email or on site trainings. KEEPER committed to excellent support and excellent products.

Cons

There is definitely a learning curve however the Webinars, Trainings, Tutorials, Support Desk make it possible for anyone to use SK.

Fine folks, but inferior product

It served us well in our early years as a church. But as our needs grew, SK didnt work for us. Great price. Great folks. Very limited functionality. If you're needing a simple solution JUST to keep up with donations, this will work. If you need more than that, this product might not be the best for you.

Pros

Not much. I think the staff at SK are great and fine people, but the software is lacking!

Cons

The GUI is archaic, outdated, and looks like one has taken a trip back into Windows 95. The install is awkward, at least on a Mac. There arent a ton of feature that can be done with this software. Reporting is limited, and there's no workflows, automated reporting, member portal, attendance module, etc.

Hi Michael, Thank you for using Servant Keeper. We actually do have a member portal, attendance module, in-depth dashboard reporting and much more on our latest version of the cloud. Plus, Servant Keeper has just joined the Faithlife Family. Faithlife, the makers of Logos Bible Software, is now working hand-in-hand with Servant Keeper. This means as of today, Servant Keeper customers now have...

Servant Keeper for Church Management

Has improved workflow, aides in pulling key information for annual reports, and stores more than just member data.

Pros

Customization and user defined fields in a variety of field types are key in making the most of member data. Servant Keeper really delivers in this area.

Cons

I come from a database management background and might be more skilled than some office staff. The product may be overwhelming to some. The help-desk is subscription based and there is no access to the knowledgebase forum if you are not subscribed. This is disappointing as there could be value in users helping each other. Am hoping that with the Faithlife relationship that this will change in the future.

Great choice for all churches

Its great for our needs and has a lot more potential than we use.

Pros

We love how easy it is to navigate and find what we need.

Cons

Seems the group keeper is nice but not very straight forward in setting up group filters

Awesome Servant Keeper!

I am able to monitor member personal information, donations, pledges, and interface with QuickBooks for the donations. This has made my job much easier. Thank you!

Pros

Servant Keeper 7 is easy to use with donations, member info, and attendance monitoring.

Cons

I have heard that Servant Keeper 8 allows you to email, which would be helpful, but is lacking with Servant Keeper 7.

Servant Keeper for a Mid-Sized Church

SK is a huge benefit in tracking all kinds of information regarding our membership and in producing digital and paper directories.

Pros

I'm not utilizing everything yet but these are the things I'm using and have found to be very helpful: A membership database with the ability to run all kinds of reports. The ability to create a paper directory/pictorial directory that includes contact information for the whole family. Easily upload and crop pictures for family profiles and individual profiles. Access to membership data through the SK App Customer support is exceptional! Whenever I call needing help the staff is very kind, professional, and helpful.

Cons

The inability to change the preschool designations in the school grade category. The inability to move around between I have difficulty finding the information I am looking for with the help/search tool in the database.

My Experience

Great experience

Pros

Very easy to use - user friendly software...so far the best one

Cons

Sometime it's difficult with vanco and quickbooks...but I'm adjusting and has gotten better

Weekly user of Servant Keeper, version 7

This has been a very reliable software as I have experienced very few issues with it. In the almost seven years I have used it, I think I have called for technical assistance only two or three times. My issues were resolved in a timely and helpful manner. I am a satisfied user of Servant Keeper.

Pros

I use Servant Keeper to make my weekly deposit; to record membership; to print picture directories; to prepare annual giving statements; and to run reports for budgeting purposes.

Cons

I would like to be able to do accounts payable from the same software in which I track income.

Help Desk

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] obviously knows his job. He was able to walk me through step by step and helped me achieve my goal

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very patient with me. I'm not really familiar with the software and it just made it seem so easy. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was AMAZING! I wish I could take him to work with me every week!

Cons

Without [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] talking me through my problem, I would not be able to complete my task.

I cant see why reviewers are happy with paying $300 for help desk support

The program itself has been useful but reasonable cost customer support is lacking.

Pros

We were forced into the implementation of this suite of church mgt software after using a simplified program for managing contributions and donations. I personally like the overall way the program performs. The ease of use of initial setup and the week to week use is fairly simple. And the reporting is very useful. However, when you do have an issue and contact the help desk, that is where the compliments...

Cons

Easy to understand guide book that has a useable index and a help file within the program that actually works instead of defaulting to a coding editor.

SK 8 is by far the best database for churches of the many I've used.

The ability to track information about our members, attendees, and visitors. Reports that help us track a myriad of things about our congregation so we can better serve them, each other, our community, and our finances along with protecting our children with accurate and detailed background checks. The online directory helps our people to connect with each other easily, update information at their...

Pros

It is user-friendly, customizable, and readily accessible from any computer. The cloud based version of SK8 has features like the Greet and Attend for taking attendance at any event and the information goes into the database. It has an online directory that can be accessed by the church and members can update their profile changes themselves. The online directory will upload any JPEG picture such...

Cons

Only that it isn't free. I can't really think of any other reason. I know free isn't possible so, like Mary Poppins, it's "practically perfect."

Wow Vicki thank you for your many kind words and for taking the time to post this extensive review! It's a joy and honor to serve Compass Bible Church! - the Servant Keeper Team

Servant Keeper 8 is an amazing tool for ministry! It helps you to keep up with your church family.

Pros

I like the groups keeper the most! I like being able to create a group of the particular members I need to reach for our newsletter, prayer chain, small groups, worship, etc. I can create a group of members and run an array of member and contribution reports for use by the church staff, volunteers, committee and session members. We are now on the Cloud, which allows us to use the Mobile Ministry...

Cons

Thanks Liz, it's a joy to serve your ministry and we're so glad you are getting so much out of the system! The integrations you mention are pretty awesome and definitely work checking out. Mailchimp is a great tool for an automated visitor follow-up campaign and Vanco has the best online giving platform for churches! Thanks for using Servant Keeper!

Servant Keeper - The First Three Weeks

The migration to Servant Keeper from another software management program has exceeded all expectations. We migrated our data files over on a Friday morning and the staff was entering the Sunday offerings the following Monday morning without any issues or concerns. Our time to post the offerings and prepare the deposit documents was reduced by over 40%. By the end of the third week of use, the VANCO...

Pros

Easy of navigation, yet extremely comprehensive in depth.

Cons

I have not found enough differences to justify both speed tasks and a regular task bar. I also found the User Manual (Contributions especially) in need of reprint. Many index pages are of by two (2) and the user needs to add 2 to most page numbers. The author makes some assumptions about the reader: 1. That they have a working knowledge of the entire system when reading about a specific task, 2. There are words or topics missing in the index which makes it difficult to navigate through the book.

Thank you Douglas! It's very kind of you to take the time to post this review. I think it will be helpful for many. We are honored to serve your ministry. The Servant Keeper Team

Solution for Church Management Software

Overall, we are very happy with the transition. We are a small church. So, it is the most affordable solution that met most of the criteria we had for functionality.

Pros

While I am certified in Database Technology, I understand the need for software that's easy to use for the end-user. This product is intuitive, making it a snap for new users to get up and running with it.

Cons

Our previous software had an accounting module to handle more than just our contributions. We currently link Quick Books to our Servant Keeper to solve this problem. However, Quick Books is a huge learning curve as it is not designed for non-profits (terms/language is very different).

We recently upgraded to SK 8 with our database on the Cloud. Technical Support was awesome!

Pros

We have used the SK Contributions module for many years and it has worked extremely well. I especially like, that if we make the occasional data entry error, it is a straightforward process to make corrections. Three of our volunteers attended a SK training session last spring and we were impressed with the membership module. We could immediately see how we could use membership features to support...

Cons

There is so much functionality it is easy to "use it or lose it". This says more about us than the software!

Hi Susan, thank you so much for your kind words and your thorough 5-star review! It's a joy and privilege to serve your ministry! - the Servant Keeper Team

Servant Keeper

We are utilizing this software to get some really interesting report returns as we are learning the capabilities. We are also learning by the types of reports we are looking for how to better maintain the profiles that were set up and to streamline for best outcome in reporting. Again, Servant Keeper Help Desk is a must!

Pros

Lots of opportunities for reporting, customizing, etc. Pretty robust software. I have just had basic training by a previous user who also did not utilize the software to its fullest as this was not her function. We are learning more and more about just how much this software can do. We have been under utilizing and are looking forward to seeing how we can beef up our usage to get the best return on our investment and to care for our members in a more consistent way. Help Desk and tutorials are most helpful.

Cons

Without the proper training it is not extremely user friendly for reporting but with the right training, the software is outstanding. I highly recommend the Help Desk option. It has more than paid for itself year after year as we continue to learn the capabilities. The staff at Help Desk are super well trained and very helpful.

Servant Keeper Keeps Serving Us

Our experience has been great. When we’ve updated the operating systems—either on the host PC or terminals—both the online support articles and customer service have been invaluable.

Pros

Since we switched to Servant Keeper a number of years ago, I’ve never been disappointed that we made the switch, either from our previous management software or to Servant Keeper. Among the many features I appreciate about this product, I probably most appreciate the ease and flexibility of editing data fields to fit our church family’s needs.

Cons

Because contact info can be saved for both family profiles and individuals within families, sometimes we find that contact info (such as an email address) may have been updated for a family but not the member of the family who primarily receives information at that point of contact. Getting that information updated in the necessary spots is not difficult (as long as we remember to do so!), but it would be helpful if, when updating such info, Servant Kepper asked the user if the updated info should be applied to the family profile and/or individuals in the family.

Servant Keeper Service Review

We love that our minister/users can log on from their phones and bring up members for visits or calls. I like the ease of adding members. I like the incredible help I get because I can talk to a person and not go thru several menus to get there. Our bookkeeper has found contributions to be easy to use and help calls very effective in problem solving

Pros

User-friendly with the ability to actually talk to a customer service rep who will help with any problem. Today, reps, actually logged into my account and ran an update and made sure I could access Servant Keeper through an icon on my screen. It must have taken only 10 minutes for her to complete the help.

Cons

I'm still struggling with the bulk mail ability. I can create the group, but the barcoded labels don't appear correctly, i.e, they overwrite between the first 5 and the last 4. They should be different each time they are run based on a product called Cassit, that Servant Keeper doesn't use to verify for each time the bar codes are attached to the label list. Also there are authorization reports the post office requires for their automated.

Investing in the Helpdesk saved me as a customer with Servant Keeper

Pros

I love how much time it saves me. Highly proficient. Love the Help Desk department!. They are quickly becoming my 2nd family.

Cons

Cannot purchase without Helpdesk. I was a little taken back at first by the fact that the we invested into servant keeper and when we needed training on the program we were told that we needed to pay more money to learn how to use the software.

Hi Scott! Thanks for using Servant Keeper and we're glad you're taking advantage of the HelpDesk. Many companies outsource their HelpDesk so that they can offer "free" support. Many times when you call for help with one of those companies you feel like you know more than their support department. That's the nature of "free" support, unfortunately. At ServantPC we don't outsource our support. Our...

Servant Keeper Thoughts

My overall experience with Servant Keeper has been good. Even though some of the features are somewhat confusing to me, ultimately, in time, I am able to figure them out. So far it has been the most user friendly church management program I have tried. I Ch

Pros

Overall the software is relatively user friendly. Doesn't take long to get going. If you can attend an instructional seminar, that will get you going even faster and get a lot of questions answered. Giving entries are very intuitive and straight forward. Corrections to entries are a little more work.

Cons

Steps to Merging duplicate entries or files can be very confusing. Customizing entry fields in the membership is difficult. Always have to go back to the guides and/or instruction manual to recall the steps. I always have problems with the conditional statements in creating a group. Wish it was more simplified with practical examples or templates.

Servant Keeper gets across the board. Their salesman,

Online directory for church membership. Saved many man days of work recording and tabulating contribution statements to the membership. Opens door to online communication to church membership.' Allows membership to review their giving statements at any time online.

Pros

We formed a committee to review electronic giving in early November. In this process we learned that our church had purchased SK, but had not implemented it. After reviewing the benefits of SK we decided we should first implement SK before moving into electronic giving. We tested SK live for over a month to confirm that it work for us. Prior to SK we used PowerChurch Plus for membership records...

Cons

We wish that all of the features were rolled up in the cost for the cloud version. Other than that there everything has worked as advertised.

Hi Albert, very kind of you to leave a very detailed and glowing review of Servant Keeper. It's an honor to serve your ministry and we are so glad that SK is a blessing for you! - the Servant Keeper Team

The ONLY Church Management Program I will recommend

Pros

Another church administrator recommended SK to me in 2000. I am forever grateful that she did. SK is very user-friendly and has many useful and customizable features for every size church. Their customer service and help desk are very knowledgeable and are genuinely happy to help you. I always recommend SK to other church administrators when I am asked what program at our church.

Cons

Nothing. All the features are very easy to use and integrating with QB was very easy as well.

A different perspective ' an IT Services Professional's view of SK

As an IT Services professional for over three decades, I am engaged daily, sometimes for hours on end, with software products, services, and helpdesks around the world. Over the years, I have observed great software looses its greatness if the helpdesk and support team do not provide the same level of great support. Sometimes made bearable with a good helpdesk and support. Tolerable with live,...

Cons

Happy with SK for our church

My church just signed up for SK8, Cloud, SK moble, and working on SK giving. The experience has been great with the classes online, the help desk. All have answered all questions and concerns as needed.

Pros

The Administration icon is very important for my use to have control and make sure no one else is able to make changes or if someone else is able to access and make changes I can see who and when. I use the Contribution Manager on a daily basis for Sunday, Bible Study, and any special projects the church has going on. And the Member Profile and great for having all information in each persons profile for contacting birthdays, one person may be a Accountant and someone needs their taxes done, etc. And the help desk is great in explaining my needs.

Cons

So far there is nothing least about this software.