BlueFolder Reviews

4.79/5 (21 reviews)

Paula Cattano

BLUEFOLDER WILL HELP YOU GROW YOUR BUSINESS

Reviewed 2017-04-06

We have been using BlueFolder for five years to schedule and manage a very, busy elevator service department. Without BlueFolder we would not have been able to grow our company by 50%, It allows us to provide the type of information that the technicians need in the field to do their job and the home office to manage all of the customers and equipment. The System has a lot of ways to customize the information specific to your company's needs. Their customer support is extremely helpful and always accessible when needed. This was the single most effective decision we have every made and I highly recommend this system.

Pros
The ease of data entry. The ability to manage technician's in the field and provide them with the information to do their job. The ability to integrate with QuickBooks for billing. This system has enabled our company's department to grow by 50%...

Cons
Would love to be able to link multiple data sets for custom reports.

Kristy Henry

BlueFolder is easy to use to manage work orders.

Reviewed 2017-09-05
Review Source: Software Advice

The software is easy to use and has some great functions. The best feature is being able to sort by job, property, etc. I LOVE having the search bar - I use this every time I enter a new service request. It helps being able to go back and see all the jobs for a specific property - or even all the jobs with one specific issue.

Pros
It's easy to look up past work orders (so I can see when something has been previously done with a property). It's very simple to set up new properties and contacts. The invoices are very professional looking and transfer nicely to QuickBooks.

Cons
I wish this software would integrate with Buildium - would be much easier to use if I didn't have to export to QuickBooks, download, then reupload to our management software. I also find it a pain to contact customer support to do basic functions like adding a user or removing a user.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Robert Brunkow

Very easy to use and to the point.

Reviewed 2016-03-04

I have been a user of Blue Folder since 2009. I have always kept an eye out for other applications to make sure I was get the best bang for my buck. I have spent hundreds of hours testing other systems and I can tell you this app is the only one that makes it easy and a very short learning period on how to use the app. The best feature they have is the customer notifications. That alone is worth the price. They make it so easy to communicate to my customer and they tell me that they love it!! Our customers are aware of what is going on every step of the way.

Pros
Customer Notifications Ease of use Very pleasing to look at The customer support team treats me like a family member and not just another customer. The get customer service beyond just being there when needed.

Cons
At the time there is no way to accept online payments. But they have told me that is in the works.

Response from BlueFolder

Thank you for your positive review and being our customer for the last 7 years. We are pleased that we have made such a positive impact on your business and the service you provide your customers. We hope you are enjoying all of the enhancements in the software update that we deployed last week. And thanks for your suggestions – they are helpful as we work to make BlueFolder better with each new update.

Deb Merriner

Meets our industry need like no other program

Reviewed 2015-12-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The website is easy to use and intuitive. We have never experienced any downtime with it and find their customer support helpful and responsive. We have a unique niche in the senior service industry and found that this software meets our needs like no other.

Cons
We like least the cost per user since we don't take advantage of much that the site offers. It would be nice is the fees could be based on what functions we use. The capability to upload documents and photos would also be a plus. Additionally, there is currently no access to the mobile app for our "technicians", only "administrators".

Mike Peterson

Best online service team software

Reviewed 2011-07-03

I would consider Blue Folder to be a "pillar" of our business. It is as important has as our accountant, lawyer, sales team, support team, etc. I do not think we could operate without it.

Pros
I like how the software is updated on a monthly basis and updates are distributed automatically. Improvement suggestions are encouraged and often make it into a future update. Uptime is 99.9%. All data is automatically backed up online. I really like how you can search the service call titles and the comments. This makes it easy to find a solution to a problem we have dealt with before. We also like the mobile edition on our Android phones. The technicians are automatically alerted to schedule changes and can easily lookup maps, driving directions, gate codes, special instructions, etc. However, the best feature is that the software is focused on service businesses, which means that the interface is simple, yet powerful. It saves us many hours over the old way we managed our service team.

Cons
It is very hard to come up with negatives. And when you find a problem, their development team immediately responds to your request and suggests workarounds. Or at least promises to consider the request for the future upgrade.

jerome clowney

Blue Folder service software

Reviewed 2017-06-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Blue Folder Basic simplified portal use for employees and customers. Equipment tracking and customer management, straight to the chase service management software

Pros
Clean dashboard , packed with information , very easy to use software and App. The integration with quicken books is included with this software.

Cons
Lack of Unsecured email passwords and email addresses , limited of customization of customers and workers ,

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Anonymous

Excellent software with amazing customer service

Reviewed 2018-04-16

Pros
BlueFolder is very easy to use and available on multiple devices. The software has helped myself and the team stay organized and efficient. The structure is very simple to use but has plenty of features available.

Cons
The only thing I would like to see improved are more customizable report features available to either create or pull from.

L.J. Pelham

Great product and SUPERIOR customer service

Reviewed 2017-04-06

Blue Folder was the perfect fit both functionally and financially for my start up business (National HVAC management). There are a few things that I wish the software could do (i.e. Quoting) but it is my understanding that Blue Folder is constantly working hard to upgrade and add functions to the system for the benefit of their clients/users. The customer service and support with Blue Folder is EXCELLENT. My representative on the Blue Folder Team when I have questions has always been very helpful, friendly and quick to get back to me. Choosing Blue Folder for my software needs was a great decision, can't imagine my new start up without them.

Pros
Ease of use, cost and support

Cons
Would like to see added functions OR at least the ability to possibly pay for specific changes/upgrades that would benefit and make it a better fit overall for my business.

Pete Heinrichs

Finally found software for our service business

Reviewed 2012-01-21

Would recommend to any service company who would like a simple interface for both users of the company and for end-users submitting service requests. My technician who like many other technicians doesn't really like change, but liked this software immediately upon trying it.

Pros
Ease of use. We have tried other web-based service software providers and they just didn't fit our needs. For us it has to be easy to use or it won't get used and that is exactly what happened with the other software we tried. Now, we can enter a service request when someone calls our cell phone quickly and easily right from our Iphones. The new request is emailed automatically to the customer who can then track the progress of the request. I have had compliments from customers in the last couple of days saying how much they like the ease of use and simplicity.

Cons
Would like to have the ability to do estimates in BlueFolder. I spoke with the salesperson and he said it will be available in the not to distant future-Hope so.

Buckley Fricker

Blue Service for web based scheduling and customer data base

Reviewed 2009-07-15

Like many small businesses, my employees don't come into the "office," our small Senior Service company dispatches employees from their homes. The laborious process of sending information by email was revolutionized by a web based scheduling and data base called BLUE SERVICE. Now my employees can login from home to view their schedules- the who, what and where of the service appointment they have been slated to fill. They have access to their client's contact information, locations, and also notes about each client's individual needs. It only takes one administrator to enter the information and any employee available for the job has access to all the information they need- right from their homes. BLUE SERVICE cut down on time-consuming administrative tasks by about 70% and the information is uniform, organized and easily accessible.

Pros
Web based so our staffers can check their schedules, service details and customer information online. Easy to use, intuative.

Cons
We wish they would have a SEARCH capability, so that we could easily search for appointments.

Anthony Perotti

Such a great HVAC/Plumbing service software package

Reviewed 2017-04-06

I have had nothing but a great experience with BlueFolder so far. Easy to use and access from anywhere or any device. Support, I can't say enough. Awesome!! They are quick to reply and extremely polite and courteous. I get my answers quick. Regular updates keep them on the cutting edge to allow them to offer us the best experience. They will customize upon request as well. I would recommend this to a friend!

Pros
Accessibility. The info that is available to my techs in the field. That it is cloud based and I can get what I need from anywhere and any device.

Cons
Nothing yet

Jeramy Harstad

Love it!

Reviewed 2015-03-13

We've used it for two years, have 30 techs, and love it. The appointment/work order bubbles are user friendly and easy to look at. Creating work orders is super fast and easily searchable afterwards. I'm able to add their calendars into my google calendar so I know where they'll be at any moment while I'm out of the office. Customer service reps are fast and friendly, the site has been down only twice in two years. The billing feature isn't as efficient as quickbooks, so we import the info there. One change I would like to see is realtime clock in/clock out for the techs so there're unable to alter them. Perhaps expanding on the 'recent activity' section on the dashboard would be good too.

Joe Singer

Bluefolder a must have for service companies.

Reviewed 2011-07-21

We highly recommend Bluefolder to those in the service industry.

Pros
Easy to use Available anywhere anytime Reasonable pricing Quick response from bluefolder support Customer portal enables our primary customer to view our activity without the need for phone calls.

Cons
1. When service request is assigned to technician and email is sent from Bluefolder, It would be great if the email could keep its format for ease of reading. 2. Constant feed on new service requests without having to refresh page.

Dexter Allen

Best software out there for Managed IT Providers

Reviewed 2015-06-18

I've looked at at least 40 different companies out there that host ticketing systems for Managed service providers and obsoletely none of them came even close to Blue Folder. I really missed not having Blue Folder around. I truly recommend it anyone. It comes with all important features right out of the box. Many of which are completely missing from similar software. And it's extremely easy to use.

Chris Allman

IT Service Provider Point of View

Reviewed 2015-07-14

Having gone through so many of the industry software solutions over the years, i found BlueFolder to be the perfect match. Our customers like it, our engineers use the ticketing system. BlueFolder is the balance I am looking for in terms of price, performance and easy of use. Most packages are an overkill that waste time and money. BlueFolder is the opposite in a very good way!

David Dodson

We love this product - Great Job Blue Folder

Reviewed 2015-04-08

We've used it for over 5 years and are very happy with this software. The support has always been great (although we rarely needed it). The system is always up and online, is very reliable, and overall easy to use. We are constantly approached with competing products and they are much more complicated, and more expensive so its a no brainer.

Connie Caulfield

Love the Program

Reviewed 2015-03-17

Love the Program, even more love the support. I am very impressed with how easy it is to ask a question and get the RIGHT response back in just a little while, not days. Everything is on the straight up! Thank you for all you do.

Mark Poole

Our team loves it!

Reviewed 2018-04-16

Pros
We really enjoyed the team scheduling on this it was effective for us and helpful we organizing our schedule

Cons
We didn't evil as all the other features as much as we should have or could have but I really don't have anything negative to say

Tommy Stanley

We use it for heating, air conditioning, and plumbing service calls.

Reviewed 2016-05-02

Our technicians in the field use it on their phones and laptops to view their schedules, complete work orders, look up service history, etc.

Andrew Lageman

Blue folder maximizes productivity

Reviewed 2019-01-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Blue folder makes the field staff stand apart and above the competition. Scheduling and job tracking.

Cons
Haven’t worked enough to find out all the customizable features and look forward to doing exactly that.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10