BlueFolder Logo

Suggested alternatives

serviceworks
synchroteam-com
upkeep

The feature I like most about this software is the ability to easily create work orders and assign to the technicians. Everything is saved, and easily accessible.
I have had compliments from customers in the last couple of days saying how much they like the ease of use and simplicity.
It is very hard to come up with negatives. And when you find a problem, their development team immediately responds to your request and suggests workarounds.
Many of which are completely missing from similar software.
I really missed not having Blue Folder around.

Aleksandr Y.

COO

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Easy setup and very impressed

Transcript

Aleksandr Y.: My name's Aleksandr. I'm the Chief Operations Officer for Made By WiFi, and I would rate...

Aleksandr, thanks so much for your review of BlueFolder. We're thrilled to have your team onboard and happy to hear how smoothly the setup process was for you!

Kavindu Githsara K.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

BlueFolder: The Key to Effortless Asset Management

Overall, BlueFolder has been a valuable tool for my company. Its ability to track and manage all of our company's assets in one platform, ability to customize fields and forms and powerful reporting capabilities have greatly improved our asset management. While the software has a bit of a learning curve and requires a bit of effort to fully set it up and customize it, the benefits of BlueFolder far outweigh the cons for our business.

Pros

As an admin user of BlueFolder in my company, I have found it to be a comprehensive and user-friendly asset management software. One of the biggest advantages of this software is its ability to track and manage all of our company's assets in one platform. From equipment, vehicles, to tools and inventory, BlueFolder provides a seamless experience for our team and our customers. Another great feature of BlueFolder is the ability to customize fields and forms to fit our company's specific needs. This has been especially useful in terms of tracking and managing the maintenance of our assets.

Cons

While it offers a wide range of features, it takes some time and effort to fully utilize all the functionalities, especially for non-technical users.

mM

malinda M.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

I finally found the software I've been looking for!

Blue Folder is an excellent company that is dedicated to providing software that meets your specific needs. They are attentive and supportive throughout the process. The software is user-friendly and easy to navigate. It allows for easy addition of special fields, tracking of work orders, and generation of reports. I truly believe that the software setup couldn't be any easier. A big thank you to the team at Blue Folder! Matt and Paulina, thank you for your patience with navigating my request.

Pros

The Blue Folder Team, consisting of Matt and Paulina, listened and worked hard to provide me with everything I needed to make my HVAC service calls software great. I had tried multiple companies, but each one was lacking in some area. Whenever I asked for help, they would say it was a special request and would increase our monthly cost. However, Blue Folder never hesitated to make it work and fulfilled my requests without any additional charges. They are truly awesome.

Cons

The only thing lacking is the Map function.

DV

David V.

Good tool but expensive

Overall it serves us well, but the increasing costs might drive us to look at other options.

Pros

Work order management works well both in the office and in the field. Automated recurring work orders help keep preventative maintenance organized. Work history is easily located, it's easy to add attachements etc. Customer support is excellent, always a quick response, always quick to address any issues we have.

Cons

Sold in US dollars only makes it quite expensive for Canadian companies. Overall cost has become quite high. For our setup we have to do a lot of manual setup for preventative maintenance. Easier than on paper and automatically triggers work orders in the months we need though.

JK

John K.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Its not perfect but its pretty good, and I haven't found anything better

As the title says, it is not perfect, but its good. You don't have to change your whole business process like with say service titan.

Pros

its flexible, you can get it to do a lot with the way you set it up. the support team, and really everyone we have worked with has been helpful. they are actively working on it and seem to care about there customers.

Cons

it does not do a few things that seem obvious but they are working on them.

RE

Ryan E.

A Quality Product that Improves our Buisness

Overall, the experience we've had with BlueFolder has been very positive and we look forward to continuing to utilize it as our primary job tracking software. The improvements that have been implemented already make me confident that the service will just continue to be stronger and stronger.

Pros

BlueFolder has been a significant upgrade from our previous job tracking system. It is easy to use, has a wide variety of functions that increase our productivity, and has a strong customer service department that listens to our feedback and takes suggestions seriously for added features and improvements.

Cons

The invoicing/payment system could use some improvements. There is not an option to customize the invoice forms, take multiple payments for an invoice, edit invoices after creation, and receive a payment for multiple invoices.

KP

Kelly P.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

An effective tool for your daily needs

Overall, we are very happy with the program. We are hoping for some future integration with our documentation.

Pros

I really like the ease of use and the implementation of the system was virtually seamless with the tech team from BlueFolder. The reports are very good for our needs. The technicians really like to use the desktop program and that what's most important.

Cons

The mobile app needs a lot of work. There is limited ability to print out equipment reports for single units.

NM

NeKesha M.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Great service software

10/10. The implantation was easy, the support is great, training was also wonderful.

Pros

The overall aesthetics. It’s easy on the easy and easy to work in

Cons

The syncing to Quickbooks, and no real way to keep inventory

DD

Danielle D.

Industrial Automation, 1-10 employees

Great Program for Office and Field.

I enjoy every aspect of this system. I am able to allow access to the customers when we get the system built and they will be able to see their information and also to make service calls.

Pros

The set up of Blue folder took minutes. I sent the information to them and they loaded it up. Everything is easy to figure out and easy to find.

Cons

When you delete something I have not been able to see if it is gone gone or if it is retrievable. There could be a person that accidently deletes information by clicking incorrectly and it may need to be brough back.

SP

Sue P.

Biotechnology, 1-10 employees

Great product!

The service has been amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is readily available and has excellent product and industry knowledge so he really understands our needs. He has a great skill in finding "work arounds" for features that Blue Folder may not have. Its clear he is very proficient in knowing this program and best practices for use.

Pros

I love how this product is simple and easy to navigate and use. The amount of customization is really great

Cons

I wish there was the ability to create a "master list" of equipment (so that we can use the same equipment for different customers) and the ability to work offline

HH

Heather H.

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Makes my day easier

Bluefolder makes my job easier everyday. It allows for project tracking & invoicing & billing. place It easily provides a way for clients to request service and keep all the projects and notes in one place. This is much easier than having multiple emails/text messages/phone calls to keep track of.

Pros

It makes it easy to track each maintenance project. I also like that i can communicate directly through Bluefolder with the client and have the communication saved in the log for the work order

Cons

this is silly but I wish it would allow google to save the password. I really h ate typing it in every day

SD

Steve D.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Forklift University LOVES BlueFolder

EXCEPTIONAL! service and support have always been spot on, helped when i had issues, helped on the new update. Responsive in a quick time period. Sale team has been helpful when I have had cusotmers that could benifit they helped me to setup a demo system. There are very few companies (especially software) that i like as much as this system.

Pros

We have been with BlueFolder for many many years, and have watched it improve. We use it to run nearly every aspect of our business. Before I started this company, I ran a software development company in LA, this software is simple to use, powerful and would be the highest rated software systems that I use for my company. Without this system I would have to link together several solutions and doubt they would give me the tools and ease of use that this one system has. Steve Drake

Cons

The calendar has issues with time zones. But this is common in most calendar systems. I live in Arizona and during half the year my appointments are set to the wrong time, even though my sales team puts them in correctly for the class. It adjusts to what it thinks is my local time, but the class is scheduled for a time in spite of the zone. This is an issue because I travel to those times, and it does not update when i am there.

Hi Steve, We appreciate you letting us know about how BlueFolder helped your business. We greatly appreciate your feedback. Thanks for being a valued customer! Regards, The BlueFolder Team

DO

David O.

Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 employees

Implementing Bluefolder in a new business model

I have used it in some capacity for the past 6 years and am implementing it at a new company. I can use it to research previous troubles, schedule future call-outs/PM's, and it is exceptionally easy to document issues for future technician's to diagnose.

Pros

I am currently at a new position and using the current companies in-house dispatch/billing/maintenance software is not intuitive to the point where only a specialized personnel use it. I suggested implementing Bluefolder on a trial basis for a subset of our customer base. I had used it in a similar capacity at a previous company and enjoy how easy it is to find customer and equipment data - specifically previous notes and dispatched and contact information.

Cons

The map function needs a bit of work. Much of our equipment in the field lacks a street address or is inside of another company's main location, but not a the street address that they would use (read a chemical plant with an Admin building for the address, but equipment installed elsewhere within the plant). Location information needs at latitude/longitude option. Entering location information should come with a "Save and new" button like the equipment entering option.Sub-equipment as a standard option would be nice.

JH

Jordan H.

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

BlueFolder Review

I use BlueFolder daily to manage the Field Service Team for a medical device company. This software allows us the ability to track service orders from start-finish while collecting pertinent data.

Pros

This software is easy to use and navigate. Assigning tasks for team members is easy and notification keep you up to date on statuses as they progress through the service cycle.

Cons

Reporting could be improved. It would be nice to have reports that can show how long a service order is in a particular status.

AM

AMBER M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Ease in service work operations

This program keeps my operations organized in an easy way. I am sure I don't even use half the features in which I would like to be able to learn more about the options to see if it will help my operation even more.

Pros

The flow of a work order, from quote, to executed work order an scheduling, to completion of work order with a signature feature, to batching work orders to Quickbooks

Cons

Lacking a Drag and Drop feature and project management

PC

Paula C.

Consumer Services,

BLUEFOLDER WILL HELP YOU GROW YOUR BUSINESS

We have been using BlueFolder for five years to schedule and manage a very, busy elevator service department. Without BlueFolder we would not have been able to grow our company by 50%, It allows us to provide the type of information that the technicians need in the field to do their job and the home office to manage all of the customers and equipment. The System has a lot of ways to customize the information specific to your company's needs. Their customer support is extremely helpful and always accessible when needed. This was the single most effective decision we have every made and I highly recommend this system.

Pros

The ease of data entry. The ability to manage technician's in the field and provide them with the information to do their job. The ability to integrate with QuickBooks for billing. This system has enabled our company's department to grow by 50%...

Cons

Would love to be able to link multiple data sets for custom reports.

KH

Kristy H.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

BlueFolder is easy to use to manage work orders.

The software is easy to use and has some great functions. The best feature is being able to sort by job, property, etc. I LOVE having the search bar - I use this every time I enter a new service request. It helps being able to go back and see all the jobs for a specific property - or even all the jobs with one specific issue.

Pros

It's easy to look up past work orders (so I can see when something has been previously done with a property). It's very simple to set up new properties and contacts. The invoices are very professional looking and transfer nicely to QuickBooks.

Cons

I wish this software would integrate with Buildium - would be much easier to use if I didn't have to export to QuickBooks, download, then reupload to our management software. I also find it a pain to contact customer support to do basic functions like adding a user or removing a user.

BC

Ben C.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees

review

Great. Again it needs a better way to reference materials used. Like when Im doing this review and I click on a question and depending on the answer another screen pops up. Asking for something else

Pros

data base and a universal place for each customer information

Cons

Better ability to have a data base of materials and how they can be searched for. If you can figure this out similar to the way turbo tax would ask info. Like this: When the tech add his time, Then a pop up screen" Did you use materials?" Then a scroll down screen.

Thank you for your review of BlueFolder Ben! We greatly appreciate the feedback and have passed along your recommendations to our product team for review. Thanks for being a valued customer! Sincerely, The BlueFolder Team

SH

Stephen H.

Great Tool

I am very pleased with the overall experience with Bluefolder.

Pros

Bluefolder has been an essential tool to my service business. We use it to dispatch service techs, collect time, add material, generate work description, communicate drawings, track job progress and more.

Cons

We would like to customize the ticket number feature. We also would like to be able to create a private comment where the lead tech can not see it. Only the service manager.

Thank you for your review of BlueFolder Stephen! We greatly appreciate the feedback and have passed along your recommendations to our product team for review. Thanks for being a valued customer! Sincerely, The BlueFolder Team

Carl L.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

BlueFolder saved our company and allowed us to grow!

Additionally, BlueFolder's customer service was top-notch. Anytime we had a question, they had an immediate answer.

Pros

We were burdened with heavy software that required a million clicks to get the simplest things done. Then, we found BlueFolder. It gave us everything we needed to store customer information, schedule service tickets for our employees and most importantly, close tickets and get paid quickly. The software's simplicity allowed us to put our focus on growing the company.

Cons

We found no cons with the BlueFolder software.

Hi Carl, We appreciate you letting us know about how BlueFolder helped your business. We greatly appreciate your feedback. Regards, The BlueFolder Team

BR

Blake R.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

All the Basics

Very positive.

Pros

Bluefolder has most everything you need to manage customers and equipment. You can easily see past service history of equipment. Create invoices and export them to Quickbooks online or desktop.

Cons

I wish there were more customizable view and reporting built in to the web interface. We end up having to run a bunch of reports and export them to excel in order to make the data easy to interpret.

Thank you for your review of BlueFolder Blake! We greatly appreciate the feedback and have passed along your recommendations to our product team for review. Thanks for being a valued customer! Sincerely, The BlueFolder Team

SS

Samantha S.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Amazing Product with Great Customer Service

Our experience has been great. We started with them as a small company and as we have grown over the last 8 years so have they and the updates fit right along with our needs. Customer service always responds very quickly and is very helpful!

Pros

The scheduling and team calendar feature, also the ease to customize the system to fit your business needs. We also like that it tracks equipment in one place. You can also customize who sees what information (employees, clients and vendors) which is awesome

Cons

Right now the only feature I want to see if contracts able to be billed on use so you can track how many hours you use for an unlimited contract and still bill it

JP

Justin P.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Great Platform

Pros

Great FSM platform for our business as well as many of our industry partners

Cons

Software is a little bulky and takes time to learn, but other than that it is great

arnold K.

Wholesale, 501-1,000 employees

BlueFolder, un logiciel de gestion de services efficace mais perfectible

Pros

- Facile à utiliser et à configurer- L'interface est intuitive et personnalisable- Il y'a des fonctionnalités complètes et adaptées aux besoins de mon entreprise- Il s'intègre aisément avec d'autres applications comme QuickBooks, Outlook ou Google Calendar- Le support client est réactif et disponible

Cons

- Tarif un peu élevé par rapport à la concurrence- Pas de version mobile native, seulement une version web responsive- Quelques bugs et lenteurs parfois

Showing original review in French. See translation

Robert B.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Very easy to use and to the point.

I have been a user of Blue Folder since 2009. I have always kept an eye out for other applications to make sure I was get the best bang for my buck. I have spent hundreds of hours testing other systems and I can tell you this app is the only one that makes it easy and a very short learning period on how to use the app. The best feature they have is the customer notifications. That alone is worth the price. They make it so easy to communicate to my customer and they tell me that they love it!! Our customers are aware of what is going on every step of the way.

Pros

Customer Notifications Ease of use Very pleasing to look at The customer support team treats me like a family member and not just another customer. The get customer service beyond just being there when needed.

Cons

At the time there is no way to accept online payments. But they have told me that is in the works.

Thank you for your positive review and being our customer for the last 7 years. We are pleased that we have made such a positive impact on your business and the service you provide your customers. We hope you are enjoying all of the enhancements in the software update that we deployed last week. And thanks for your suggestions – they are helpful as we work to make BlueFolder better with each new update.

MF

Marijo F.

Construction, 11-50 employees

BlueFolder is a great tool

Pros

Cons

I haven't compared pricing with other software programs so I am not sure whether the pricing is competitive or not.

Hi Marijo, We appreciate you letting us know about how BlueFolder helped your business. We greatly appreciate your feedback. Thanks for being a valued customer! Regards, The BlueFolder Team