FieldEdge Logo

Suggested alternatives

housecall-pro
service-fusion
jobber

Love the Help Center/chat now feature for immediate help when we draw a blank, need some feedback, or when we need to simplify the way we are completing certain tasks.
From an owner and management side of things, I sincerely appreciate how this tool helps customer, dispatcher(s), field service technicians, and our management to all work together.
I like that they have training videos and when I need something tech support is pretty fast to help with what they can.
I was over charged and now my account rep is ghosting me and no one will email me back or give me a refund.
It came to a point where I started keeping track of when and how many times I contacted them before I received a response. Responses were frequently, "I'll get back to you on that" with no follow up.
Again only thing I disliked was crashing during mobile.

TT

Tomasz T.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

FieldEdge Is a great software to use.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the best Rep for FieldEdge. The most important thing with FieldEdge is who take care of you. We are with FE over 2 years we had hard time in first to complete or need what we want because of support service. As we go FE improve a lot technical and service support. Right now is much better then was before. Also our Rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] doing GREAT JOB I'am very happy and impressed how she take care of our needs. Other things: I like simplicity of using FieldEdge and as you know how it works. Price for software compare to the others is good so this was a huge impact to make a final decision.

Cons

You can do anything after completed. Change notes, change payments. I think it will be beneficial if there be some kind of the Administration account just in case.

Thank you so much, Tomasz! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

DG

David G.

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Wonderful Software!

We have become more more efficient using this software. The people at FieldEdge are incredible and very, very helpful.

Pros

Ease of use, tracking ability, reporting, integration with Quickbooks

Cons

Connector between FieldEdge and Quickbooks

David - We love hearing that FieldEdge helps you become more efficient! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback on our product and teams.

LO

Louis O.

Great Staff and Growing Platform

Overall the team at Fieldedge is willing to work with you which is something you don't often find when working with a vendor. They are flexible, friendly and generally pleasant to work with, which helps make up for some of what the service may lack. There are plenty of options out there but if you're looking for a partner instead of a rigid behemoth, Fieldedge is a great choice.

Pros

The system is relatively simple to use and the support staff is almost always fantastic to work with. Grace, my CSM is practically a member of our team and goes way above and beyond to help us with anything we need. She's a big part of the reason why we're still with this system.

Cons

Reporting leaves a lot to be desired, and overall, the system needs polishing along with a heavier, more focused approach to developing from the end user's needs. I feel like they'd gain 10x the insight into how to measurably improve the product if they spent some time with a company who uses it regularly.

We really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share your thoughts with us, Louis! We are continually working on enhancements to our software and take all feedback into consideration. We'll be sure to pass all of your comments along to the appropriate teams :) Looking forward to continuing to support your business in any way we can.

LA

Lee Ann M.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Great HVAC Software

Billing time has been cut in half / Technicians paperwork has been cut by 80% no need to type a book out just to send an invoice / Being able to do a quote and then it turn into a job once accepted cuts out double work

Pros

Mobile App we needed our guys out in the field to be able to access information on their phones

Cons

Not being able to put pictures on the proposal when the demos show proposals with pictures

CO

Christina O.

Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees

Great Customer Service

I heard about FieldEdge from a fellow locksmith. Based off of his recommendation along with another locksmith, we decided to jump in and try it. It's a process (as with any large install) to get everything set up, but I have to say that the customer support has been excellent. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] responds to any questions I may have immediately with often a follow up to make sure things are...

Pros

Really great customer service. Knowing that all jobs have been properly billed. Not having to hand enter hand written invoices any longer. Techs are able to type in notes on a job that we can go back and quickly read. Dispatch can easily find customer history.

Cons

You can't quickly add a sales tax rate. It's a process that you have to do from QuickBooks. You can't easily add notes onto the invoice from F/E. My work around is to finalize and save to QBs then add any notes.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

HORRIBLE! Would NEVER recommend.

Horrible. The program itself is alright, but the people surrounding it make it not worth having. Not to mention when you leave the program, you lose all of YOUR information, unless you are willing to pay for it. These are things that I think should be disclosed at the beginning.

Pros

It was easy for the most part to set up and use. Easy to navigate and dispatch and kept everything together in one system.

Cons

Customer service is terrible. The system lagged, wouldn't connect, there were mobile issues, you name it. The customer service reps didn't know anything, and if you escalated it to your actual account reps, they were absolutely no help whatsoever.

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please contact us at customermarketing@fieldedge.com so we can gather more information and help you in any way we can. We look forward to connecting with you soon.

BS

Beth S.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Best company out there hands down on every level!

We moved two customer databases when switching to FieldEdge. We had many duplicates due to our trying to merge these to databases over the past few years-all prior to FieldEdge. Take the advice of FieldEdge and the time to clean up as much as you can prior to going live. It really made a huge difference for our company!

Pros

Everything! I looked at a lot of companies for a few months before choosing FieldEdge. Their product overall is excellent and constantly getting better with customer suggested updates all year long-yes! They listen to us little guys! Support is superior compared to any other company I have dealt with professionally! Price point-they cannot be beat for the product they offer. Period. The ability to customize so many features within the program truly shows that FieldEdge is dedicated to making a product that works for all types and sizes of companies-you won't find this elsewhere!

Cons

The only con I have is that we have not slowed down enough to fully explore all the extras that make FieldEdge so much more than just a dispatching program! Customer Recall Management, Tracking aging equipment for targeted marketing. These are all things that we cannot wait to begin! And the list goes on and on!

MM

Mark M.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Productive with Field Edge

We have saved money, less paper, less toner, employees have more time work due to not having to fill out paper invoices, not having to scan invoices or mail them out. Each tech can get to 1 or 2 more jobs a day with out the paperwork- going by the office to turn things in ect. The Training is exceptional, The support is top rated. Not only is the support great, the people giving the support are Wonderful.

Pros

Less paper! The company revenues have risen due to having all customers, invoices, employees, Profit margin all in one spot. SUPPORT!!!! Great team and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] heading it up it a Super sized PLUS! She keeps my Account manger up to date, is always there to answer any questions that may arise. And she Wants to Help. I think she likes her job.

Cons

Having to reopen a job each day that goes on for several days. Not able to have 2-3 techs on one job and split the profit for reports.

We are so thrilled to hear how FieldEdge has helped transform your business to be more efficient and how you are finding all of our resources so helpful. Thanks for sharing this wonderful feedback, Mark!

SM

Stephanie M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Field Edge is the Answer!!!

Without a doubt, Field Edge has been the solution our company has been seeking for many years. A cloud-based software that integrates with quickbooks is what we were looking for. This isn't 90's anymore and our company likes to be ahead of the curve so the "DOS" based dispatching software wasn't even an option. We were looking for a dispatching program that would allow for the technicians to invoice...

Pros

Quickbooks Integration, Cloud Based, All Inclusive CSR Software, TIME SAVER (at least 1 Hour a Day), Real Time invoicing in the field, Agreement fields, Phone Line integration for marketing tracking, Works on Andriod and I Phone.

Cons

The onboarding process is lengthy if your company is organized the process will be smoother than that of a disorganized company. But let's face it if you're looking for a CSR program you know you have to be organized or get organized to be a successful business. The database has to be set up in an organized fashion and even though onboarding is a process it's for a good reason and in the end, you will be thankful all the work you put into it. The system you build will only function as well as you build it. The onboarding team will build it for you, you just have to get them the information they need!

AL

Amanda Lynn S.

A great tool for dispatching, invoicing and sharing!

Pros

I love the ease of use for techs in the field as well as in the office. It gives us the ability to share where we are across departments and to see how backed up we are. The vendor Desco has been fabulous! I am in service and I deal with people all day and these guys really know their business! Patient, knowledgeable, and if they don't know the answer they get it for me in a timely manner.

Cons

I think there is room for improvement on the reporting. I would like to be able to print out a simple report that shows how many tickets a tech completes in a day / week / month. Very basic. I also think that even tho we use quickbooks for our accounting, I thinks that there could be some improvement on the reports. Also, I don't like how things can be taken out of quickbooks so easily by people...

MT

Matthew T.

Not Impressed at All

Not impressed at all

Pros

If you are week on computers and just need a super simplistic software to schedule a couple of guys then this software will probably be alright for you.

Cons

The lay-out of this software in the desktop and mobile environment isn't that good. This software also wants a lead technician on every job. There fore if you schedule a helper and you accidentally close your work order before he does, it locks the helper out of the work order. Whomever built this software probably wasn't involved in the air conditioning trade or for that matter just running a service type of business. I'm not impressed at all.

NF

Nova F.

Not Worth the Money-Spend Extra for Something BETTER

I'm not entirely sure who recommended this software to our company President, but I feel they were either paid to promote it or they had not actually used the software themselves. I honestly do not have much good to say about this product. The pros to it are not enough to keep this around, but this decision is not up to me. If it were, I would not have bought this in the first place. PROS: *Dispatch/Scheduling...

Cons

Thank you for your feedback. With a 97% satisfaction rate among 46,000 users, it's upsetting to hear about an unhappy customer. We aim to produce both user-friendly & comprehensive products addressing the needs of service companies. Are there things we can do to improve the experience? Absolutely! We continue to work closely with our customers, prospects & industry groups to identify areas to improve-resulting...

RN

Robin N.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Fieldedge is a bad bet

The tech they hire are nothing but phone answering receptionist. None of them are trained on the product. they don't even know where to direct you to installed their apps. they hire these kids out of school with no IT training and expect them to support their customers. I have a BS degree in IT and been in the field for 30 years. these kids has no knowledge in the IT world. the can BS the non...

Pros

not much. None of there modules live up to exceptions. falls short on all of the product.

Cons

The software has a connector app that must be running on another box and it goes off line every time the software has an upgrade. then I have to spend the next two days trying to get the fieldedge tech on the phone. The product must be installed by the fieldedge tech because they must enter a code and password.

Hi Robin, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please contact us at customermarketing@fieldedge.com so we can gather more information and help you in any way we can. We look forward to connecting with you soon.

LC

Lisa C.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Integrates with Quickbooks

Overall, we have loved the software. There is another one that we like better but being a small company we could not afford it.

Pros

We like having everything electronic for service calls instead of paper. We like having the customers equipment listed in one place and service history available to the service tech in the field. Service tech can add equipment and pictures as needed. Dispatch log lets you know what service work is needed each week.

Cons

Does not have 2 way communication with Quickbooks. Can only add parts in fieldedge but have to create purchase order in Quickbooks. We used advanced inventory with Quickbooks with site and bin location for each part. Service Tech can only see that we have part - he doesn't know if its in the warehouse, on his truck or another location. Seems old school in setup - with today's technology looks like it would be more flexible.

Hi Lisa! Thank you for providing your feedback! Your Customer Success Manager will be in contact with you soon to help you with this QuickBooks issue.

DR

David R.

Price Keeps Climbing

Pros

The software works without too many issues

Cons

The pricing has increased by almost 25% this year alone. In order to use the mobile function you will have to pay a yearly support fee plus a per user fee. If you take issue with it they will have the sales group call and talk in circles with no real answer to justify the increase. Also they changed their accounting software at the end of 2020, messed up the billing for almost 5 months, and then turned...

JR

Jordan R.

Construction, 11-50 employees

support is the real issue

negative. have been ignored for 30 days at a time. when "help" calls no solutions are offered

Pros

the program could be useful if it could be ran.

Cons

everything takes 20 extra steps to complete support is useless techs hate it information is lost connection with quickbooks is a major issue WHAT YOU ARE SOLD IS NOT WHAT YOU GET. SUPPORT IS A JOKE NEVER FIX ISSUE UNTIL YOU ARE UPSET THEN MAKE YOU THE BAD GUY FOR BEING UPSET. they keep shoving their satisfaction rating down the throats of customers, when really people are stuck with them because they spent all this time and money on the program

Hi Jordan - We're disappointed to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. After escalating your feedback, we understand that you spoke with a senior member of our Customer Success team yesterday in more detail regarding these concerns. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to make things right moving forward.

DM

Dustin M.

Ranching, 51-200 employees

Top notch customer service behind a good product

Being in the service industry we understand the importance of customer service, these guys are second to none in this category and it's what really makes them shine.

Pros

The ability to organized customer data in fine detail.

Cons

Mobil side has a few bugs from time to time but never had an issue the FE staff wasn't willing to help with/resolve in a more than timely manor.

JP

Jeffery P.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Customer since 1999

Been trying to get these guys to do a signature capture for invoices and creditcards for years. With each version we update to we always have issues. Either server doesnt want to communicate or information wont save. Last update zeroed out all of the prices/cost for our inventory, had to do a restore to try to fix everything.

Pros

Customer service is decent. It is a all in one system(POS, inventory, ect) ease of training for new employees.

Cons

Issues with server not communicating, cant removed customers from 10 years ago that arent even in business anymore, too many steps to run a credit card. Cant link multiple emails to send invoices to customers(accounting, general information), issues when trying to process credit cards(trys to charge to a customer instead) The earlier versions never had these issues and with each update they are trying to make it almost "too" complex.

FW

Frankie W.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Fieldedge is a great dispatching / field management software

We have gone from pen and paper dispatching which has help to improve our daily business operations. Being able to take the call, dispatching the job and completion has become so much easier for everyone.

Pros

This product is easy to learn and use. It has improved our daily operations by having this program tremendously from taking the call all the way to completing the job.

Cons

The alerts are difficult to clear at times. We have also had issues with losing a customer's signature. We also have difficulty with invoicing for jobs that we take a deposit on to begin the work.

JW

Jaime W.

11-50 employees

Adrian exceeded my expectations with his customer service and willingness to help me with my updates

Pros

The customer service that ESC tech support showed me way exceeded my expectations. Adrian specifically, was such a great help. He came in after hours and even gave me his personal cell number in case I had questions while I updated each workstation individually. I am not a computer savvy person and he made it easy to understand and even fun while we were getting everything updated. I work for a heat and air company in Oklahoma and I would recommend Adrien or any of the staff at ESC to any company. Keep up the great work!!!!!!

Cons

The only con to the program was in the old version that we had as far as running reports. This is why we did the updates.

ME

Meredith E.

TeamWork Works!

they are one of our most important partners in this business and we deeply appreciate their expertise.

Pros

The LIVE Humans who are there to help when we don't understand someting.

Cons

The training videos are outdated and often don't answer the question I'm asking. But, more important FieldEdge's partnership with Clearent causes us significant problems. Clearent is dishonest about who they are and in competent at what they do.

Hi Meredith! Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We will be sure to share your experience with our team. Thank you for the wonderful testimonial!

DC

Dan C.

Not good if you rely on the Card Swipe feature

PLEASE get the card swipe working. why do I have to pay monthly fees to cayan if it doesn't work?

Pros

Ease for technicians to use. easy to track customers. customer support folks are friendly and overall helpful.

Cons

THE CARD SWIPE DOESN'T WORK AND HASN'T FOR MANY MANY MONTHS! All I get when i call for an update is "we're working on a solution"...

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, Dan! We are glad to hear that your technicians have found the app easy to use, and that your experience with our teams has been positive overall! If you still continue to experience issues with taking payments, please reach out to our support team at support@fieldedge.zendesk.com and we will be happy to help!

JW

Jeannie W.

ESC Review

Our company used DESCO prior to the conversion to ESC. The conversion was quite a change for the people who were used to using the DOS version. We have been with DESCO since 1992. The folks in the IT Department at DESCO were key in seeing that the conversion went smoothly and our customer base, accounting and payroll were not affected by the upgrade. They walked us through each step and we have...

RB

Robyn B.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Getting better, not the best yet.

They have a good thing going, but really need to work on service interruptions, along with better training of tech support.

Pros

Nice set up, easy to use. Works with quickbooks.

Cons

Still has too many service interruptions, tech support is lacking, very of their people know the system like a real user would. QuickBooks integrations wont allow for coding in FE to push into QB's.

Thanks so much for your feedback, Robyn. We understand that service interruptions are not ideal and our teams are constantly working on ways to minimize the impact. Our CTO recently hosted a webinar discussing the recent challenges and what we are doing to address them. If you didn't receive a copy of the webinar, or if there are additional QuickBooks or other support questions, please email support@fieldege.com and we will get you in touch with a resource that can assist with this!

AP

Andy P.

Tech Support at it's BEST

Customer Success representative Is AWESOME.Why? Because he ALWAYS gets back to me with a Email or a Call. He Can walk you through any problem you might have on desco. we would talk as if we have been friends for years. that is how friendly he is. It doesn't matter if it is something small he Will not make you feel small, in fact, he'll give you tips or tools to help you with anything you might be having trouble with. It means A LOT to me to be able to get the help I need with a smile, and THAT'S What I get from REP !!

Cons

Thanks for taking the time to share this, Andy. Nelson is genuinely passionate and always happy to help. We consider ourselves very lucky to have him taking care of those who need a hand! Remember - we are always at your service.