MaintainX Logo
MaintainX

Manage Maintenance and Operations. Without the Paper Stacks.

visit website

MaintainX Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.34/10

Reviews by rating

The best benefit on MaintainX for me is keeping up with what needs to be done, we have 37 locations over two states and it helps me stay informed and prioritize deployment of assets.
I love this app, Very easy to open and to record any safety Or maintenance issues , So easy to submit photos and any notes that need to go along With your observations, It’s quick and user friendly.
I will keep using it and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a maintenance software... it works well and has excellent support when you run into a jam and need help.
The one thing I dislike about the app is that when work orders are closed they still.appear in closed orders for my team. I would.love to see the option to archive these while still be searchable.
It was a mess without a method to keep communication organized. The previous person in my position would just scribble a jumble of notes to try and remember everything.
Scheduling is a pain as you cant reorder the jobs on a calendar. Cant easily see who is assigned to a job in calendar view.

Tyler R.

President

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

MaintainX Review: Wish We Had Found This App First.

Transcript

Tyler R.: Hi there. My name's Tyler with Leaf Lift. I am president of the company. We have three employees....

Irene M.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Simple and very effective tool for handling work orders and preventive maintenance

Pros

I like the way the app is easy to understand since the most technologically challenged person in the room can understand the app so implementation is easy.

Cons

I don’t like the calendar management. I hope it’s like drag and move schedule easily like in google calendar or apple calendar.

Lillian G.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

With MaintainX, all of our data is in one convenient place

MaintainX has provided us with a centralized hub for data, and it will compile historical data to help us train new employees on how to perform CU on aging machinery. It provides order to an otherwise chaotic section, and the data gleaned from reports allows us to perform preventative rather than emergency repairs on any number of devices. Since everything is in one location, it's easier to conduct audits, and it reveals the true cost of previously hidden areas.

Pros

MaintainX's user-friendliness is fantastic, and the process of going live with the software was a breeze. The reports in MaintainX are highly recommended because they highlight distinct trends that can be used to grow your business. When everything is in one convenient location, team productivity is increased.

Cons

Not yet, as there is still a great deal of data to input and history to gather. The transition period for Plus staff is ongoing. It's effective both in-house and remotely, and it provides the team manager with more data.

TC

Tina C.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

RCHL

Tracking

Pros

Accountability and reporting .

Cons

Everyone not being able to view all tickets

Hi Tina, We are really sorry to hear that you haven't had a fantastic experience with our product to date. As far as everyone not being able to view all tickets, that is a setting that your Manager has put in place on the permissions side to restrict the visibility of sensitive information to certain folks on your team. We followed up with him and concluded that the restrictions were intentional...

DJ

Donovan J.

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Easy for anybody to use

Overall I have no complaints. MaintainX does everything I was looking for in a CMM.

Pros

I like how easy it is to add work order, parts and assets.

Cons

I love that requesters are free it gives people an option to request work when needed. The only thing I wish was included was mabye allow procedures to be done by requesters. Not give them access to change anything but for example. If you had 12 forklift operators then they would be forklift requesters and have one form on their app the would be a daily forklift checklist. Only thing they can do is request work on their forklift and fill out the daily checklist that would come to me.

EP

Ernie P.

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

MaintainX is worthy of your consideration.

This software has shown me where we needed better tracking with parts supplies and ordering as well as managing work order flow

Pros

User friendly, phone and Tablet compatible, frequent videos, support and the list goes on.

Cons

In over 2 years of being on MaintainX daily, I cannot think of 1 aspect that I dislike about this software.

BP

Bradley P.

Textiles, 51-200 employees

Using MaintainX to implement maintenance system from scratch

MaintainX has begun the process of automating much of our maintenance system that was labor intensive and memory driven before. I feel like I have only scratched the surface to this point of what possibilities it opens up for us as far as inventory, cost, and maintenance tracking.

Pros

MaintainX has streamlined work order generation and communication in our plant. Work requests are easy to generate, review and assign, with all parties receiving notifications on their mobile devices and workstations. PMs are also automated, with technicians recording hourly meters at weekly intervals and lubricating and maintenance procedures automatically generated through work orders.

Cons

I am currently very new to the program and at an early stage of our companies implementation. I have not encountered an issue with MaintainX yet that I felt was problematic.

MN

Miguel N.

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

MaintainX was a great investment!!

Overall the experience has been great! It didn't take much time to set everything up and once everything was dialed in, the software has been amazing to work with. It has allowed for a quicker and more efficient work to be done and saved lots of time.

Pros

MaintainX has allowed us to increase productivity and efficiency by a huge amount! The ability to have our staff create requests at ease is a huge asset. The work orders allow for us to have a detailed list of tasks that need to be completed during the day/week.

Cons

I would like the ability to edit or add previous meter readings. This would allow for an easier and quicker onboarding of the software for companies. This also allows for the new company to have up to date metrics and reports on their meters from day 1.

SF

Sonny F.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Useful Tool

Satisfied with the product and the customer service we received.

Pros

The simplicity of creating work orders is great! I really am glad to see new updates and integrations that suit our business needs.

Cons

I wish the calendar view of work orders was improved to allow a full view of work orders and their assignments.

MS

Matthew S.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Maintain X is Great

Maintain X makes my job easier. It is a very helpful tool

Pros

It is easy to use. I can keep up with all work orders that have been completed and what is still open. I have all PM's in maintain x which makes it easier to review and make needed plans.

Cons

I have not had any issues with maintain x at this time

IR

Ivan R.

Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees

Easy app to use

Pros

App friendly and really easy to use you

Cons

So far I haven't find any cons about the app.

DB

Daisy B.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

Grows with your needs!

We have enjoyed partnering with MaintainX and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a great asset in getting us what we need to be successful with the product! He helped create some of our procedure pages and that was HUGE!

Pros

We started using MaintainX about 6 months ago and what we like most is that they are always improving their product. They take what the customer needs and works to implement the closest version of what is needed.

Cons

The reports are not very easy to filter and are not able to be fully customized, yet. However, they are better than other systems we have seen and MaintainX is consistently improving the capabilities. The other piece I wish was improved is the layout of the exported work order. It is not very pretty and cannot, at this time, be customized to remove the information I don't need.

BC

Blake C.

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

Biokyowa Maintenance Planner Review

I am very happy with MaintainX. The customer suport is very helpful. We are able to add an endless amount of information to our database very easily.

Pros

The user-friendly interface is very easy to navigate. We are able to use this technology with various age groups of technicians and everyone was able to catch on quickly.

Cons

Our major issue on the software is not having the ability to auto generate new procedures from within a procedure. For instance, if I have a procedure that says "Is a hot work permit required?", If the answer is "Yes", it would be nice for the software to automatically add that "Hot work procedure" to the work order instead of an admin having to add it. It would also be nice if technicians could add procedures on their own from their tablets.

Ron P.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

MaintainX- the facility managers multi tool

Overall I am hyper pleased with the software's performance, reliability, cost, and ease of use.

Pros

I most enjoy the simple UI. In my industry there is little to no budget for training and onboarding of personnel. My team is also made up of individuals in which English is a second language. MaintainX has been able to capture a feature rich suite of tools that anyone can master in a relative short amount of time.

Cons

As a user since its Beta, I have yet to find anything I do not like.

Dp

Dave p.

Paper & Forest Products, 51-200 employees

Don't hesitate

Game changer from the paper system we had previously, you can add or omit as much information as you like and slowly build in assets, parts etc as you go along.

Pros

The best things about MaintainX is it's paperless and live, there are no delays from putting on a job to it hitting the maintenance team, no printing out slips and handing them to the engineering team or pinning them on boards, it pings on their mobile in their pocket.

Cons

The only little bump in the road was, each job needs to be approved by myself, so if I don't get to the request the job isn't generated, however we've overcome this by adding a lead engineer to be able to do this too. *I was trying hard to find an issue I've had over the time we've had MaintainX*

KM

Kevin M.

Machinery, 201-500 employees

Easy to use CMMS system

we have now streamline our work order system with all employees, we now have a database of parts inventory that is tied to each machine and we are able to show cost and time analysis per machine.

Pros

It is easy for everyone to use, all the requestors had to have was a smartphone and they were able to create a work order

Cons

it is hard to distinguish between current, scheduled and future work orders in the database. I would also like to see a clear picture of actual downtime of equipment.

Nadir Michael I.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

MaintainX is an excellent tool for Facilities Management

The report tracking allows me to visually demonstrate the needs of our department to the C-Suite. Very helpful in explaining costs that most suits are not accustomed to dealing with.

Pros

It is a very easy app to teach to employees. It does not take a lot of time to get your team started using the product.

Cons

The premium version of the app is rather expensive. I created a less flashy version of MaintainX using HTML and Java for web browsers but the phone based app is preferred by staff.

JA

Jason A.

Awesome Maintenance Software

MaintainX is an amazing tool to have. I have had issues with other similar software and have found that getting staff onboard with this type of software to be very difficult. When I first introduced this software, my staff was completely against it, but as soon as they saw how easy it was and what communication improvements came from this software they jumped in and have not stopped using it.

Pros

I have been searching for a good maintenance software for a long time. When I came across MaintainX I was a bit skeptical, but quickly found that it was the right software for me and the company I work for. As soon as I signed up for the free trial, I was greeted with an email from their staff, and to my surprise, when I had a question I was responded to immediately.

Cons

The only down fall to this software is that I have quite a few staff members that will be requestors, but they do not speak English well and it would be best if there were a translator option from Spanish to English and vice versa, but I have been informed by the staff that they are working on that part of the software now. I hope that this comes quickly as it would ease the pain of trying to improve communication with some of my staff.

KC

Kate C.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

MaintainX has changed the entire way we work

It’s changed how we work on site, making the whole team more efficient and productive. I couldn’t imagine working without it at this point!

Pros

The customer support is amazing. They have been very helpful during set up and really responsive to feedback and suggestions. This app as become a one stop shop for all of our in-house facilities management. We used to have two huge noticeboards full of clipboards, and dozens of paper student repairs forms everyday. This is all gone, bringing us even close to becoming a paperless office. I can easily...

Cons

I would love to purchase a seat for every staff member in my team, but the monthly costs would be too high. I'd love to see a scaled pricing plan, where the more users you have, the lower the price is.

SS

Steven S.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Overview of MaintainX

With this program we have been able to track the work orders and to get the work orders completed faster, and the requester can track the progress of their request. I am the maintenance supervisor at a school district and by listing all of the locations I can track what has been done in each location and who completed the work order.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to implement the new program. It is great that it comes to my phone if I am not at my desk I can look at the requests and approve or deny the request & create the work order. We use all of the aspects of the software, and the reporting portion allows me to create reports to show my boss what we have gotten done.

Cons

I have not found anything that I have not liked.

MP

Mario P.

Food Production, 51-200 employees

We grew as a Maintenance Department with MaintainX

I have been congratulated several times for the use of MaintainX and the organization that we carry out in Maintenance tasks. It has been an exponential growth for our department and is reflected in the results of external audits.

Pros

What I like the most, is the Service. I have a "Contact MaintainX" link to get support immediately. Every time I ask for support, I receive an answer in less than 5 minutes.

Cons

So far I do not have anything to dislike about MaintainX. It has a been a great tool for our daily Maintenance, other departments Requests and Audits.

Brian G.

Packaging and Containers, 51-200 employees

Great value for the money and has all the features we need

low cost of entry. easy to get started quickly. has many features that a company can use immediately. Web and mobile portals are easy and convenient to use.

Pros

you can start off with one user for a low entry price like we did. unlimited requesters. by the second year we added up to 10 people, because it was easy to justify the cost for all the users with all the benefits you get with the system. was able to get started right away. customer service was able to import all the data from excel files fast and accurately.

Cons

like everything accept that inventory search only searches against the part name and not the part description.so we have to enter name and description in the part name (which as least large amount of characters)

SR

Steve R.

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Amazing product

It has improved our relationship with owners and made us increasingly more efficient.

Pros

An easy way to let requesters add WO’s. And the ability to communicate directly with the requesters.

Cons

I would like to have more history available to the lower end users.

BB

Benjamin B.

Security and Investigations, 201-500 employees

MaintainX has Been a Valuable Tool

MaintainX is our organization's first CMMS. MaintainX has helped streamline facilities' work order requests and management. As our business rapidly grows, having a cloud-based platform that is accessible to any of our remote sites is a massive win for us.

Pros

Working in a critical industry, Facilities uptime and preventative maintenance are everything! MaintainX has helped us reduce downtime and improve our organization's reliability. This all comes while still being a fraction of the cost of other solutions.

Cons

I wish there were options to build reports based on the original purchase price of assets vs maintenance and operations costs for LCA purposes.

EP

Eric P.

Packaging and Containers, 501-1,000 employees

The most user friendly CMMS program out there

Seamless. My team had a very short learning curve with the software and MaintainX is gaining visibility in our company. Customer service has been fantastic.

Pros

App based. Anyone with a phone can use this program. Very modern, sleek design. Ease of use really drives participation in the program.

Cons

We haven’t done a very deep dive into the software, so there is some uncertainty of how this might integrate into other software we’re using.

LR

Lorraine R.

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

Happy Customers in Tucson Arizona (Civano Growers)

We no longer use the paperwork trail and its all stored in the MaintainX memory. We like that we can assign a priority on assignments.

Pros

Our company has used MaintainX for about a year. We used to have a paper process for all work orders. Our entire staff here has this access at there finger tips. Its a very good tool to have for many issues on our farm. We use it for creating orders on our equipment, trucks, broken items around the farm. We use it for our daily day in and out. Great Program!

Cons

Nothing we don't like about the program. We would like to learn more and use it to the fullest of our advantage.