PandaDoc Logo
PandaDoc

Create, edit, track, and eSign documents quickly and easily

visit website

PandaDoc Reviews

4.5

1K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.54/10

Reviews by rating

Pretty good, the speed of use really stopped me from using it and moving to Qwilr. The design kind of turned me away to find something more user friendly that my customers enjoyed looking at.
The sales, development, and customer service teams have been SUPER responsive and hungry for feedback. It's really impressive how invested they are in continuing to build and improve the product.
User-friendly interface ,simple procedures and seamless integration with other programs, make the progress easy ,even pleasant for both us and clients.
If I mess something up, it's difficult to modify without starting all over from the beginning. That said, it's more than likely a user issue as opposed to a problem with the software.
Overall it was a terrible experience, from support to the actual product.
The only thing I struggle with is a slight lag on the website when actually creating content - I am unsure if and why this happens - however, I feel it could be slightly more responsive.

1,095 reviews

Lucas B.

Director

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

PandaDoc Review: Awesome digital signature platform!

Transcript

Lucas: My name is Lucas and I'm the director of an IT company with about four staff and I give PandaDoc...

Andrew B.

Director of Sales

Insurance, 11-50 employees

PandaDoc the Perfect Fit

Transcript

Andrew: Hello, I'm Andrew. I'm a director of sales. I would give PandaDoc four out of five stars, and...

Alexia R.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

Great tool for sending personalized contracts in minutes

I use PandaDoc for creating business proposals for my clients. I like that my proposal documents look professional and are full of interesting and clickable content such as Youtube videos, external links, etc.

Pros

The integration of PandaDoc with Hubspot is fantastic in my opinion. Because this integration pulls data from all of my customers' Hubspot accounts onto the document that I'm working on, I can quickly and easily customize the client contracts that I use. It significantly simplifies the process of sending files.

Cons

I do not like the restricted methods in which you can design a personalized proposal document. I find this to be very frustrating. In point of fact, they assert that you may import a Word document, and the software will immediately convert it into a PandaDoc document for you. I gave it a shot, and unfortunately, it did not work in the least. Both the written content and the visuals were jumbled up. In addition to this, you are unable to add custom HTML code, which, in my opinion, should be a feature that they offer.

LM

Luke M.

Media Production, self-employed

Best Contract and Signature Software

Pandadoc has allowed us to automate our entire proposal process, saving hours per work

Pros

The best thing about PandaDoc is connecting it to Zapier and automatically creating customized proposals without lifting a finger. Tracking when recipients view documents, and how long they spend viewing each page are great metrics to have for sales.

Cons

There are a few things I would like to be available with automation through Zapier, although they are possible with API.

JM

Jacob M.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

If you will be processing payments via Stripe, this application is not for you!

The tool is easy and intuitive to use and looks flashy on the surface. Pull back the covers a bit and it becomes incredibly apparent that their product designers have not built a strong tool. Integrations that make life more difficult for users should be amended. On top of all that, PandaDoc support is among the worst I've ever encountered.

Pros

Ease of configuration and use. Creating new and amending existing documents is a dream. And the native CRM integrations make managing agreements at the customer level very straight forward.

Cons

The Stripe integration is inherently broken. A paid invoice will invariably result in a net-new customer being created in Stripe (even if the paying party already exists as a customer in your stripe account). This wrecks your stripe analytics and requires manual reconciliation. Worse, when notified of this issue, PandaDoc has stated that "the integration works as expected" and that they have no desire...

FM

Fatura M.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

A Multipurpose Document Management Software

Pros

I like that PandaDoc not only makes document management easy but also features amazing digital signature capabilities The software makes workflow management easy also is good in forms automation

Cons

PandaDoc has been a deal breaker and no issues at all.

Noorhidayu S.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

PandaDoc works fine

Pros

The ease of use of the online document generation software is my favorite feature. PandaDoc's is quite intuitive once you learn the basics, thanks to its user-friendly layout. This software does not require substantial user training, which I appreciate as the PandaDoc administrator at my organization. This makes it easy to implement across the firm.

Cons

PandaDoc's price table can be inconvenient because it isn't designed to work as an Excel spreadsheet. Our sales representatives would voice their dissatisfaction with this regularly. In many circumstances, it restricts our capabilities or significantly increases the amount of time and work we must devote to certain documents, such as sales orders.

Adam G.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

PandaDoc, excellent integration for digital signatures

Unlike other electronic signature software, pandadoc has a variety of predesigned templates that can be used immediately, on its website it has a help center with several articles and tutorials on how to use its tools, something that could stand out is the integration that you have with other applications such as slack, Monday.com, Google workspace and Salesforce, PayPal, among others.

Pros

I like pandadoc Since it is easy to use it is not a complex or confusing application, I have used it to create send and sign electronic documents, what I like about pandadoc is that I can follow up and see a detailed analysis of the documents, it is Useful to automate the creation of signature of the documents. PandaDoc is one of the software I've tried that integrates better with other applications I use constantly with Microsoft Word and Google docs.

Cons

Some things that it has to improve is the customization of its predefined templates, details like color and order.

Alys G.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Must have software for all social media managers

Pros

After trying a number of tools to streamline my onboarding process I was feeling at a loss. They were all so difficult to set up and couldn’t be customised in the way I required. PandaDoc solved this problem allowing me to send my proposals, contracts and gather an initial payment from clients in one go! It has saved me so much time and makes my onboarding process look so professional.

Cons

There are some features only available on the paid plan which does limit what you’re able to do with some documents but there are often workarounds for this.

YoYo F.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

PandadDoc

Digital e-signatures for the company. For proposals, authorization forms, interviews, etc.

Pros

Main advantage over Docusign is that it's free tier and also it's way easier for salespeople to use with it's interchanging block and templates. Makes it easier to send proposals and doc if you have more than one package. Easier to use than docusign which is a plus.

Cons

A lot of times when sending via email, it'll get lost in spam. And the worse part about it is, they know about this and they still put the sending from your own @company domain only at the highest pricing plan (Enterprise).

Insurance, 11-50 employees

PandaDoc the Perfect Fit

Great product and will recommend to anyone needing a similar solution for their problems.

Pros

Functionality is perfect for what we looking to have it do. Easy to set up the documents you need to have signed and on the back end easy for the user to sign and return.

Cons

It does take some time to set up the formatting for the documents, but the support team is great to assist with that.

Rudolph R.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

PandaDoc beats out Docusign for the win!

It helps me provide a service that I would normally have to pay a lot more for. In these times of economic uncertainty every dollar counts. I was introduced to this software by a bank. They sent me a document and I said "what the heck is PandaDoc". To my surprise it was not a bootleg version of Docusign which is what I thought it might be. Then I started to notice a few other began using it as well. After then I was sold.

Pros

It's free version is great! I really only ever used docusign for the signing features. This gives you this at no cost. It's a must for any business looking to add legitimacy to their business.

Cons

Nothing really. It did what I needed it to do, and for free no less. It's effective, and both in terms of cost and functionality.

JG

Javier G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Great product. Rivals DocuSign and AdobeSign

We adopted this system to send out our organization's legal documents, and so far the experience has been great. I would highly recommend this e-signature product.

Pros

The interface to send out documents is great, and there are some better features offered than the other competitors (such as masked fields, a proposal making function, attachments you can make to the document, and a signature authentication page with each agreement). PandaDocs offers basically the same function as DocuSign, but it has some additional features and the cost is considerably cheaper.

Cons

Sometimes depending on the email server, the automated email sent by PandaDocs gets sent into the partners junk mail. Doesn't integrate with SharePoint.

VD

Vincent D.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

An AMAZING product if you are patient at first

Overall this is an amazing software that takes care of so many business needs with ease, mainly: - ESignatures - Proposal creation - Proposal tracking - Payments - Keeping track of pricing The learning curve is a bit steeper than other like products, however, once you get the hang of you you'll see that it is hands down the best software. Yes the pricing is usually higher than other proposal softwares, however, you'll find out that it is much much more than a proposal generation tool and the convenience and ease of having so many features in one place saves so much time and money needed to run and integrate multiple platforms to do the same thing.

Pros

the scope of features is unmatched by any other software the scope of native integrations into tools we already use tracking of users and activity HubSpot integration Dynamic pricing grids and ability to store products/services for ease of use later

Cons

Because of how powerful this tool is and how much it can do, the learning curve is much steeper than other products we've used. However, once you get the hand of it it blows everything out of the water

ET

Emily T.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Easy to use, growing product!

Really great! User friendly and I also like how much progress the product makes! It is fun to see new features.

Pros

I really like how easy it is to organize documents and collect signatures. I like assigning signers and others who are responsible for filling in certain information.

Cons

Sometimes importing documents from word can lose their formatting, and I am very particular about that. I just plan for more time for inputting new documents.

SA

Steve A.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Good.

Some efficiency and design options.

Pros

The analytic's built into it and the notifications we receive. Also, the somewhat easy configuration of each template. I would like to be able to create a document on a tablet though!! Unless thats an options now? :) The catalog section does need some work though. I would like to see other changes or options to us with regard to catalog items and how they document themselves as well as options for...

Cons

We are so used to other, stand-alone systems, that have features such as 'tab' to move to next field that it causes some frustration with our team when we are unable to do that within a pricing table or any table. the other nice thing would be to see line items show up in sequential order-- EX: If I label line item 1 as (Option A) it stays on top of the price list. then when I add a second row,...

Jose S.

Chemicals, 201-500 employees

Everything we need to optimize our documents quickly and safely.

We utilize this program to assist the translation of all our office archives, with dreary designs, such as letters, suggestions, contracts, etc. It could be a exceptionally valuable apparatus with numerous layouts that make our work much easier. Without a question, this program could be a extraordinary venture, since it has spared us a part of time in transcribing records, being able to form them naturally...

Pros

It contains a few customizable layouts, which offer assistance us to interpret records quicker and without mistakes, much appreciated to the questions that the framework inquires already. It moreover permits group preparing, to make records with the same arrange, changing only a few characteristics. It features a authorization control, so that as it were authorized individuals have get to to the documentation. It too permits the digitization of archives through its scanner, as well as the creation and confirmation of the electronic signature. Permits the capacity and organization of all client records counting solicitations, letters, etc. As well as the collection of information through diverse channels such as e-mail, informing, etc.

Cons

On a few events the framework has required me to enter information that I have as of now entered already, for the creation of the layout. It takes a significant sum of time to make unused layouts and spare them for future archives, as the method isn't as speedy as I'd like it to be. We've had issues with chat and informing, as messages do not arrive in genuine time and take a long time to send. A few of the emails we send out in bulk drop into the spam box, making it nearly outlandish for the client to see them. I would like you to grant us more data approximately guests to our site.

ST

Samantha T.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

BEST SOFTWARE EVER!

This is certainly my favourite software that I have implemented at my workplace. If i've ever had an issue (which is rare), the customer support team is incredible - they're so helpful and come back to you so quickly. The software itself is so easy to use and very user friendly. The templates and content is so easy to create and really adaptable, you can do a lot with it without trying too hard. Being able to share it all with my team as required was so great as well. PandaDoc have really thought of most things and have the user experience as smooth as possible. Our clients have also commented on numerous occasions how easy it is to access and use also in comparison to other platforms.

Pros

Love that you can switch between workspaces, easy to monitor the document return rate and how much my team are achieving, easy to track documents and follow up, so easy to set up documents and templates, looks great, easy to use, customisable. It's accessible as long as you have internet which just makes everything so much easier if you spend some time working from home as well as in the office.

Cons

It's quite tricky adding in custom fonts / increasing the list of fonts. Would be nice if there more design templates to chose from. More integrations - the CRM we use didn't work with PandaDoc. This didn't cause huge issues but would have been helpful and made the process slicker.

Haszilah A.

Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees

My takes on PandaDoc

Pros

I like that you can transition between work-spaces. PandaDoc offers a simple to measure document return rates but also how much my team accomplishes. Moreover, it is quick to track paperwork and follow it up. It's easy to put up papers and templates, and it looks nice, is simple to use, and can be personalized. This application is available as long as it is connected to the internet, making things a lot easier if you work remotely and in the office.

Cons

Adding custom typefaces and expanding the font collection might be difficult. There should be more layout templates to choose from. We needed more integration option because our CRM didn't operate with PandaDoc. This didn't create any significant complications, but it would have made the process go more smoothly.

MD

Mariano D.

Internet, 11-50 employees

PandaDoc: document management powerhouse

For a long time, we were handling our customer contracts by creating a digital document, faxing it to our customers for signature, and then having them fax it back to us for our records. Managing this process was time-consuming and since it was all done via fax and email, it was a real pain for follow-up. We had looked into several solutions for document creation and management, but none seemed to...

Pros

* Ease of use * great feature set * e-signature functionality * Ability to convert any document to e-cig * Workflow * Multiple user levels

Cons

If I had to pick *something*, maybe the workflow process could be more robust. I would also love it to integrate better with Highrise, our CRM.

SB

Scott B.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Overall good, sometimes interface is slow/clunky.

Quoting is great with it, which helps a lot in many of our transations.

Pros

The client-editable quotes are awesome. The UI is good (UX needs some work, below). Content re-use is great. Love the signing and notifications.

Cons

Clunky interface (pretty, but not smooth). Makes it hard for us to get work done sometimes because we're waiting for the interface or having to move things around because they jump. The design philosophy and UI are great, but the UX leaves a little to be desired. Also, some refinements like keyboard shortcuts, maybe a favorite or most used bar. In addition, we'd love more integrations. We're...

TB

Ted B.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Has some big shortcomings

I had high hopes for this software and am leaving exceptionally dissatisfied. Normally I wouldn't write a bad review, but this is more of a warning to others so they don't get surprised like I did.

Pros

Cool name.

Cons

#1. No text wrapping in fields. If you put a field on a form and someone types past the end of the field, it does not wrap text. It also does not tell them they hit the character limit. So what happens? Anything extra is lost with no way to retrieve it. Quote from support "Unfortunately this is a known issue. At this time there is no way to retrieve any information in these situations. " Yes,...

Hi there! I realize this response is long overdue, so first and foremost thank you for your honest feedback. Although this is our first public response, I can assure you that our team took your comments into account. The truth is that we are not the company or the product that you once knew. Since 2016, we have introduced a brand new editor built on user feedback like yours, equipped with overall better performance as well as features that you mentioned such as bulk send and required fields. If you're still in the market for document automation software, drop us a line and our team would be happy to show you Editor 2.0. We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again, and I sincerely apologize for your previous experience with us.

JM

Jud M.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Panda Docs Review

We use Panda Docs mainly to send out contracts to our customers. We are a painting contracting company that does a good deal of business and we send out 40 or so proposals or contracts a week. We already have estimating software that creates a very professional proposal, so we just upload that proposal to Panda Docs and then drop in a signature and date line on the contract page for the customer...

Pros

Ease of use and simple uploading of documents

Cons

Found it a little hard to make a template the way we wanted it to look, so we just upload our current proposals into Panda Docs

MK

Marcus K.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Switching to PandaDoc has made a big impact on our business

We onboarded PandaDoc to upgrade our contract signing process from a simple Google Sheet that our clients had to print, sign and scan. So just that switch has made a huge difference. Since then we have also found many other use cases - such as employee contracts and performance review forms

Pros

Lots of really useful features that are really simple to use. Lots of integrations also available via Zapier which has saved us a tonne of time on processes

Cons

There are some features that are quite complex and take a bit longer to get used to or set up

PP

Phil P.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Our favorite e-signature and proposal building platform

Our company loves using PandaDoc to impress our clients with great proposals in a fast and effective manner. We will continue to license the product moving forward.

Pros

PandaDoc makes it very easy to create and templatize amazing looking proposals. The technology has helped us scale our business. It is way more than just an e-signature platform!

Cons

There really are no major cons here. As a SaaS company, at times it is hard to get a member of PandaDoc's support team on the phone, but their library of best practices is helpful.

JC

Janning C.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Does the signature tracking well. Lacking in basic formatting options and retention.

Are we still talking about PandaDoc? Or are we talking about Capterra now? I thought I rated PandaDoc on the last page, but "Thanks! We received your review. We'd love to learn more about your experience with this software." is confusing ... doesn't seem like a specific enough question.

Pros

The main user interface and its components are great! The dashboard is helpful for an overview of what's in the pipeline (Sent->Viewed->Completed->Draft ... although I think draft should be first). If I am anticipating someone to review and sign a document in the next 24-48 hours, I can easily see when it is moving along the process by hitting refresh occasionally (on my web browser) without actually being in the document itself. The icons on the left navigation bar make sense after you use it for awhile (Dashboard->Documents->Templates->Catalogs->Contacts). I like how templates can quickly and easily generate documents when set up properly. The folder system is intuitive and not too cluttered.

Cons

The document editing system is a bit clunky. The lack of basic formatting options can be frustrating. To me, the two most sensible reasons for using a software like the one PandaDoc provides is, 1) to keep a tight reign on important legal documents, and 2) to have a way of accomplishing the former electronically. It would be ideal if I could port from Word or Google Docs and have it retain the...

LD

Linda D.

Well on its way to being perfect!

I use PandaDoc as a communication device for both proposals and documentation of my interactions with my clients (I have my own HR consulting business). I have found this software to be the perfect choice for me for many reasons. PROS - I am able to easily track the progress of my proposals and documentation for client interactions. My clients have no idea that when they open my communications, I...