All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

RazorSync Reviews

Pros

Over all the app is a success with our company, there are just a few little things we would like to utilize from the app. Charts and pie graphs would be an awesome addition to our daily office use.

Mary R.

Read the full review
Very easy to use and the customer support is outstanding. If you have any questions or concerns all you have to do it call them and you get an answer.

Colby H.

Read the full review
The benefits of using the software have helped the ease of information getting into our customer's hands by the click of a button. They all love the pictures of before repairs and after jobs.

Pamela A.

MIchael T.

Read the full review
We have messed with the days of look back). Also if you miss putting in certain information before you create...the information is lost and you have to start all over again.

Jody P.

Read the full review
Reminders are worthless, no reference information sent relates/clues to any job. Navigation in customer profiles is one-way, no back button, you have to start over again.

David P.

Gets the job done

Best Bang for Buck!

I run an energy auditing / inspection firm and I have tried dozens of other apps to help automate and track our workflow. We don't fit the standard mold of service companies since a majority of our business is new construction. We don't fit the mold of production companies since we are service based. RazorSync is the only "of the shelf" solution that we could customize to fit our workflow. I have greater control and vision throughout our company now that everything is being tracked and measured through RazorSync.

Pros

Customized statuses... Hands down our most important feature. We have several different types of inspections that have stages and steps that require both field users and office users to complete. Since we were able to customize the statuses to fit the stages of the project, I can see where everything is at a glance. I can color code the statuses by the responsible employee so that when glancing at the calendar, I know that I shouldn't see any bright yellow statuses that are over a week old... That tells me to go check on Kevin and see if he has a pulse. That type of tracking is INVALUABLE!!! I'm not waiting on reports or taking an employee's word that their tasks are completed. All the other features are great but you can find the same features elsewhere (and pay a lot more).

Cons

Most of my cons are specific to the odd nature of our work. We routinely have different inspectors team up for a day and separate the next day and there is no way of assigning more than one employee to a task/work order. This leads to creating place holder events to indicate that the employee should look to another employee's schedule. It works... it's just a bit clunky. UI- RazorSync does not appear nearly as polished as it's competitors. Because of the functionality, I feel that it's an acceptable trade off. The web browser view is the largest problem design wise. Again, we have as many users in the field as we do in the office so half of our company uses the web browser view. If you just run through the mobile app, you probably won't notice the awkwardness.

LOVE IT!

Love the way I can just put it on peoples routes and not have to remember to tell them. As long as they Sync it works wonderful.

Pros

I do all my scheduling through this system. I love the app and what I use on the computer. I can go any where and use any computer or smart phone and get the most out of it. If there's something not quite jiving with my life I can always find a way to make this system work. I don't think I use all the features to their fullest but it's there for me once I figure it out or have them figure it out for me.

Cons

I sometimes have to figure it out but can't think of much I don't like. When I started using it 5 years ago it was difficult till it wasn't. Everything takes some getting used to and this was some learning but not to challenging. Growing pains only.

Thank you for the great review Brenda! We are grateful to be able to help your business. If you ever need anything, please do hesitate to reach out to us.

A lot of potential, but falls short on some very basic requirements

In many respects we are like most service companies. We receive a request from a customer, allocate the time, material and resources required and do the job. Typically the customer sends us a purchase order via text, email, fax, or the phone call. We have tried various to do programs, spreadsheets, google calendars, geo fencing. RazorSync was a life saver. A solution that eliminated our reliance on many of the tools we were using before. The support was great, and the limitations were minor compared to the benefits. The ability to add default items to each invoice such as driving to site are amazing. The automatic billing from the time the tech clocks on site to complete another amazing feature. The technical support amazing again. Unfortunately that is the wow factor stops.

Pros

Easy to use for the most part, but the training is definitely beneficial. Technical support is second to none.

Cons

There is no field for a purchase order, in our days 99% of our customers use a purchase order. Integration with quickbooks desktop is at best quirky, customers created in razorsync sync to quickbooks but not the other way around. That being said, quickbooks is definitely not the easiest product to integrate with, and their tech support is often sub-par. When a tech marks a job as completed an...

Okay software for the price

Razor Sync is a decent program and we are making things work the best that we can. The set up did not go as well as we were told it would and a lot of our customer information was not transferred over. I had to hire someone else to come in and move over our customer data.

Pros

Razor Sync is user friendly for the most part and I like that all customer info is in one place with unlimited space. I like that it is a cloud based program and can be accessed anywhere.

Cons

The software does NOT work with Quick Books as well as we were lead to believe which was the biggest factor for us when we decided to purchase. We have tried to get our Razor Sync to link to our Quick Books with tech support on multiple occasions which were unsuccessful so it has caused a lot of issues with out billing. We also have had over 6 instances where the Razor Sync invoicing and payments have caused customers to get double charged and I have had to call and have the second charge reversed. It does not show up in our Razor Sync only on the customers card statement. Also our mobile ap goes down often and our field techs can not use it.

We appreciate the feedback Brianna. Please reach out to support at 877-675-4395 ext. 2 so we can help with the issues you are having.

What I would like have added or changed

I like it very much it suits our needs very well and I notice a steady improvement. So far the customer service has been great every time a call. I believe over the last 3-4 years we had a technical issue only once when Amazon servers were down or something. Will keep on using it and recommending it to my peers.

Pros

Custom service forms. I can create a standard form for pretty much any need. I like the automatic invoicing and Quickbooks integration, gps locator for field workers and time keeping is also great

Cons

I am not sure if it is a "con" but I wish after I import all invoices from Razorsync to Quickbooks, that the invoices already have the checkmarks for the allowed payment options, as now after I generate 50 invoices I need to open each one and checkmark the 2 payment options (bank transfer and CC). On the other hand that way I may catch a wrongly generated invoice. Another thing I don't like is when...

Thank you for the great review Pavel! We are grateful to be able to help your business. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Affinity review

Great experience. Just a few things that would help our workflow. Happy with product overall.

Pros

Easy to work with and the customization options.

Cons

Sales tax settings reset when sync to QuickBooks, card payments for one off customers.

Thank you Dominic, We look forward to serving you.

Glitches and work arounds

Very Successful software that does a great job on the customer support of the product. Very well designed with many features.

Pros

The software allows me to track my business very closely. It allows you to go paperless.

Cons

A few glitches with estimates and work orders, and yes there were workarounds but it would be nice if there was a fix

Thank you for the great review Dillon. We work very hard to deliver a powerful solution and one that is backstopped by world-class support. We look forward to serving you. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Razor Sync Review - KBS

Overall experience has been great, very easy to use, and works for what we need

Pros

We like the look overall, the calender, being able to have digital signitures etc.

Cons

There are some errors every once in awhile and sometimes it can be slow but the problems often work themselves out. Also seems to be specifically for HVAC companies, we use for mailing equipment, sometimes companies have multiple machines -- we have been able to adjust for our needs which is good however.

Thank you for the great review Taylor! We are grateful to be able to help your business. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Comprehensive Software for Service Providers

Pros

From customer leads to payments, this software covers everything you can think of. One of my favorite features is the customer interactions you can set up, by letting them know when we are on our way or onsite.

Cons

My biggest complaint is customization. To be Fair Even since we first purchased the software, they have implemented new customizations. So keep on adding customizable fields, RazorSync!

Thank you Rachel We look forward to serving you.

Has Potential

We see that a CRM program would be tremendously helpful to our business, but unfortunately RS is costing a lot of man hours to resolve quirks and glitches, only to have new ones come up. Customer support is usually very helpful - but there are limitations with this software. It just eats up so much of our employee time and energy to keep it working for us. We are on the lookout for something else.

Pros

It is easy to see how navigation of the software should work. The schedule is clear and has multiple views for daily / weekly / monthly.

Cons

It is VERY "glitchy". Working one day, kicking us out the next. Places don't seem to connect - for example customer notes will appear in one spot for administration, but then the techs don't see it. Tech's will enter a customer notes and administration can't find it.

Thank you for your feedback, can you please call us at 877-675-4395 option 2 for support so we can document the issue in order to get it resolved?

RAZORSYNC REVIEW

As a service only business (previous company), and being the sole employee, it was excellent. We still use it for service and repair scheduling, as well as scheduling our construction/installation work. I 'generally' would heavily endorse your product.

Pros

The scheduling for service work is excellent. Monitoring where our employees are at any given time is of extreme value. The customer notifications has been highly praised by our clients, and is helpful in determining how productive our teams are, in performing specific service and repair requirements.

Cons

The estimating portion of the program needs some work. It does not feel 'user friendly', and is difficult to update or change information. The presentation format appears a bit unprofessional in my opinion. We have used it for some estimating, then re-type the information into another system for managing payments and job status. We are now using QuickBooks Desktop. Not sure how that interface would work. We previously used QuickBooks Online..... I would not recommend using that, as the people in that organization appear to have little knowledge on how to manage the data, causing numerous errors, and some customer negative comments.

Thank you Larry for the review! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

going downhill

It's been really good, but I want some new upgrades like I mentioned above

Pros

Easy to use, pretty straight forward. Cost is cheaper than most. Can use on your cell phone. Keeps track of things great

Cons

Your last update totally sucked, you can't just type in a customers name and their info pops up anymore, you need to GO ONLINE. Makes it difficult to check invoice history with people on the phone. Your system is good overall, but used to be better. The map used to be much easier to use and view. I want you to add to your system a reminder text message to my clients cell phone numbers without me...

Thank you for your review Steven and we appreciate your feedback! I will be sure to pass the information on to the team. In the meantime please reach out to us if we can help you with anything!

Good price for our purposes

We are a service business. We can schedule and easily move jobs by dragging and dropping. We can see on a map the locations of the technicians. There are some things you can customize, like color coding and status changes (like "need to reschedule"). When we show payment in Razorsync, it also checks it as paid in Quickbooks. The technicians can edit the description of each job, and send invoice immediately. They can take photos and attach within the invoice or quote. The customer service is excellent. Very nice people.

Pros

The scheduling, mapping, location tracking, ability to edit status of job with visual cues like color changes, Quickbooks link, invoicing and estimates. I also like the user interface and visuals.

Cons

Unable to easily send an invoice or estimate to more than one email as a customer default. We can't easily tell when an email has been sent. We have to create some workarounds. For example, we service many apartments in many complexes per day and have to use the summary line to insert the apt. number. It would be too cumbersome to create an individual address with all the contact info for each apartment at the same complex. Updates or improvements have been slow to happen, but I understand the new ownership should help. I wish we could shrink or move some of the page layouts on the schedule page.

Thank you for your review and feedback Michele! We are constantly working on updates and improvements to the software. I will pass your suggestions along to the team. If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to call 877-675-4395 option 2 for support.

Great in a crunch and ever since!

In late 2016, the NC Department of Revenue notified service businesses like ours that we would be required to collect Sales Tax on labor charges beginning January 1, 2017. We had less than 40 days to implement a entirely new billing system. Before this change, we didn't have to collect any sales taxes under NC laws. NC new rules required that we computed the tax based on a complex formula with tax...

Pros

Excellent customer support and integration with Quickbooks.

Cons

Uploading photos one at a time is too time consuming.

Thanks Bill! We love hearing about our excellent customer support! They are always here if you need them. We are so grateful to be able to help your business! Please reach out if there is anything else we can help you with.

RazorSync is an EXCELLENT Platform!

I moved from Successware21 (using it from 2004 to 2016) to Wintac (Using it from Jan 2016 to Jan 15, 2017) and I was looking for a good software that had an all in-one dispatch and financial. But after using Wintac for only one year - I had enough. I had demos done with 5 after looking at 15 companies and found out of the five companies RazorSync. The Platform is SOOO easy to navigate through my...

Pros

The Software is very easy to use. I do not need a Server in my office and very mobile with tablet or phone. It integrates with QuickBooks easily and setup is a breeze. The mobile side is amazing with how fast to use in the field. No waiting for upload times. We will switch from phone to tablet when finishing the service call so we do not have to carry the tablet until the end. The phone app is excellent and easy to use. Able to take Credit Card transactions through the system and automatically updates real time. If you are already using QuickBooks it would be an very easy setup.

Cons

After using Successware 21 and Wintac - The cost of Successware 21 to high and the major issues we ran into for just an year with Wintac. I can not find cons with this company. They all have different ways of making their software and have glitches but it is how they handle the issues is what makes the company stand out.

Thank you for the compliments Don. We look forward to serving you and the entire Jack Frost Heating & Air Conditioning team!

Razorsync For Landscape and Handyman Services

Overall razorsync is a game changer for any company that uses it. I have been a razorsync customer for over 5 years and plan on it staying that way.

Pros

These are all the reasons we use Razorsync Good for: CRM Scheduling tracking work history customers, especially customers with multiply properties invoicing with QB integration service reports w/ pictures saving pictures in a work order customers signature option Tracking payroll hrs. Tracking Field Tech

Cons

1. route optimization did work well for us, we had to always double check it and usually adjust it. we stopped using it because of this reason after about 90 days of using it when it first cam out. it may work better now. 2. Clocking in and out of work from a cellphone. isnt always as seemless as clocking in and out of work from a computer. Sometimes its doesnt clock people into or out of work and...

Thank you for the review Johnny! We truly appreciate your loyalty and recommendation! Please don't hesitate to call support at 877-675-4395 option 2 if you need anything! They would be more than happy to help you with any difficulties you may be having.

Great dispatching tool!

Overall I have been extremely impressed with RazorSync's customer service. Being able to chat with them online is super helpful when we have a quick question that we need an answer to right away.

Pros

I like the ability to track our technicians using the GPS software, as well as the visual appeal of the dispatch board. I like that the technicians are able to set up their own work orders on the road by using the app on their phone.

Cons

I do not like that we cannot have a "bill to" account set up separately. Instead, all sub-accounts must be created under the same account. This can become frustrating when we set up a customer and realize down the road that it must be billed to someone else. Instead of having a bill to option, we must then create this address, work order, and copy all relevant information over to that bill-to account before we can invoice the correct person.

Thank you for the review Chelsea! We work hard to deliver world class support to our customers! We are grateful to be able to help your business. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Great Software

Very good. They are fast to respond to issues and will walk you through any issue you are having over the phone.

Pros

The ease of use from any platform. I have varying age technicians so their preferred method of use is different. Younger techs love using the phone app and older techs like the ability to use the computer as well.

Cons

There is no Purchase Order system. So when parts are ordered there is additional steps needed to get them into inventory. Instead of placing the order through the software and once they come in clicking a button to put them into inventory we need to order and then put them in once they arrive. This adds a step that we sometimes forget to do. We are a small operation without a parts manager so if we get busy and don't get the parts entered our inventory gets screwed up.

Thank you Michael for the review and the feedback! We're so happy to hear that you think RazorSync is great!! Thank you for making us the partner in your business. Please connect with us if anything ever comes up!

A great tool for managing a service business...

RazorSync has been a good choice for the money we spend on it. The issues we run into are rarely serious and we've found ways to work around the one-way sync for the most part. Overall we are pleased with RazorSync and will likely stay with it for the near future.

Pros

RazorSync does a good job at managing Service Orders, Work Orders and Invoicing for my business. The workflow is reasonably well thought out and implemented and the mobile app makes it easy to check in and out of jobs. The web interface is decent and being able to track technicians' locations through the Field Workers map is handy for determining ETA to jobs. We do invoicing and accounting through Quickbooks Online and the syncing from RazorSync makes billing simple. The Customer Service we've received from RazorSync has always been friendly and timely.

Cons

QuickBooks Online syncing is only one-way so invoices added in QB or modified doesn't carry changes through to RazorSync. We were told shortly after we signed up that updates were in the works to make it a true two-way sync but two and half years later that still hasn't been implemented. Updates to the product seem to have slowed in the last year and we've not seen too many new features added as of late.

Thank you Phil for the review! We are happy to hear that our customer service has been timely and friendly! Thank you for making us the partner in your business. Please connect with us if anything ever comes up!

Scheduling sofeware

Been a good experience so far. going on 4 years now. We own another service company as well and have changed that over to RazorSync this year. I'm anticipating an easy transition.

Pros

We have tried several of the Scheduling software that is out there. Some were less money but didn't have the same features and others were too expensive and had too much for our needs. For the price and our needs this is a good product. Has a lot to offer and features we don't currently use but its been reliable and the guys in the field like it.

Cons

We use it with Quickbooks and wish it would communicate both ways. meaning when you make a change on RazorSync example customer phone or email. you have to make the same change in Quickbooks. i understand that is more on the Quickbooks end.

Thank you for the great review Jim! We are grateful to be able to help your business. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Friendly?

The beniefets are that we can get our work orders on the go. Have coverage in most places and we have even started to track times for an incentive program.

Pros

Access is good. Has a lot of good qualities and able to get to those workers in a timely manner.

Cons

Punching in and out. It asks if you want to punch in but no option for out. Another thing is that when you transfer pictures over it rotates them to a desk top. Now you have to rotate it again. This goes on for your whole gallery. Bummed about that! Also along with uploading those pics it could take up to a little less than a week to be able for our administrator to see those pics. So now we cant trash those pics in gallery to we get the ok. And having 5-7 jobs a day those pics add up in a quickness.

Thank you for your feedback Dave. Please reach out to us if we can help you with anything. 877-675-4395 option 2 for support.

Makes daily dispatching easy breezy

Out of all of the software solutions we investigated while shopping, this one checked the most boxes. There are things it is missing, but overall it works for what we need it to.

Pros

Creating new work orders and dispatching technicians is extremely easy

Cons

There are a lot of features that the software is missing, little ease of use functions like filtering and sorting lists, that make it unnecessarily difficult on the back office side to use. If you revisit the same locations for different requests it can be easy to lose things that need to be invoiced if you're not careful, but if you never revisit the same customer it is excellent. Many of the reports we need as a business have to be created by hand outside the software by combining multiple reports, basic things like WIP are very difficult to identify & require 3 different reports put together in excel to get a full picture.

Thank you for the review Jennifer and we appreciate your feedback! We are grateful to be able to help your business. If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

Simplified Service App

We are an Electrical contractor and have been in business over 38 years, mainly new construction. A few years ago we decided to push forward and open a new residential service department. We began to research scheduling programs with the ability to invoice and keep all information stored in one place. After researching many many applications the frustration began! We couldn't find anything simple...

Pros

Excellent Technical Support Instant scheduling and dispatch Easy estimating and invoicing both in office and service field You can access the schedule from anywhere! Endless reports You can attach documents to work orders, contract, photos, forms, pics etc Accepts credit card payments Service techs can create their own work orders when emergency calls come in after hours Constant updates to...

Cons

Updates to the App can be a pain at times, but probably more so for me because the guys in the field call me for their technical support, usually they cant remember the login and panic . So truly not really a con for Razorsync! Guess I cant find a true con, great job Razorsync!!

Making you work flow easier

Overall the the software works great.

Pros

With the techs inputting hardware while they are onsite and using the on route and on site features in the software, it makes billing out the jobs so much easier. It also gives our invoices a more professional look rather than hand written invoices (and a lot easier to read.)

Cons

I have a couple of customers who have over a hundred ship to addresses, and at night when we get called out to a call you can not scroll alphabetically thru the addresses. I have had to manually move them one at a time to have them come up alphabetically. Then one update they change (for one customer) from A -Z to Z-A. It would be nice to either be able to drag and drop them alphabetically into place or hit a button that can sort them from A-Z

Happy to hear the software is working great for you! We appreciate your feedback! If you need anything, please feel free to reach out to us.

RazorSync is great for any sized business

Pros

I like the flexibility that comes with Razorsync. I can make adjustments on the fly

Cons

Inventory management portion leaves a lot to be desired

Thank you Duane for this review! I am glad this has allowed you more flexibility. Please reach out if you ever have any questions!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.