actiTIME Reviews

actiTIME

Time Tracking Software

4.62/5 (86 reviews)

Pros
  • The product is easy to use and versatile. I think it's the best out there but would love to be able to have more flexibility in applying rates to individual employees to make billing easier.Amy W.Read the full review
  • It is easy to use, has user friendly interface, easy to manage. The best of the this application is the ability to use it on mobile devices.Mariusz P.Read the full review
  • IPhone application helps me to track my time even if I'm not in the office. M also happy with the quality of actitime support service – every time I ask a question I receive a very quick answer.MonicaRead the full review
Cons
  • Ultimately the security certificate problem was unsolvable but that is a problem with my computer.neil a.Read the full review
  • There is no learning curve involved: you can start working with it right away. We set up our clients and projects in no time, and the next day the team was already tracking time there.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Overall, I had no real substantive dislikes about the software. It strikes the perfect balance between minimalist and customizable.Corey A.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Salvatore Rinaudo

Is the best Tracking software used

Reviewed 2019-11-26

Excellent product to manage different Users time-tracking, for montly working hours is perfect.

Pros
In my consultancy experience i have used different time-traking software to manage commissions and montly working hours, but actiTime is the best software used now.

Cons
The price is not competitive, exist othe time-tracking sofware with less price, but also less features.

Eric Fromer

Review of actiTIME after 1 year of use

Reviewed 2019-12-02

We needed a way to track hours spent on Engineering vs. hours spent on Operations support. we set this up easily and now just run a monthly report.

Pros
1. Easy to Administrate 2. Easy to use 3. Good Training features 4. Thorough selection of report types

Cons
Would like to be able to customize reports and then make the report set-up available to other users.

Pascal Roy

Usefull tool to approve timesheets and track R&D projects

Reviewed 2020-05-07

It's an easy tool to use every day to track the time of our R&D team, so we can have a good backup of approved time for grant purposes.

Pros
Very useful tool to track approved timesheets for R&D projects, as we need to justify R&D tax credit claims and grants on a monthly basi, so this tool provide all we need to have a good backup each month.

Cons
This software doesn't have integrated option to manage expenses reports, it could be great to have it in this software, so the tool would be complete.

stephan gustin

Simple and solid

Reviewed 2016-06-29

Great, simple and solid. just what we need to get at solid grip of our work and projects. all new employee can use it instantly.

Pros
god prise and new features comming up

Cons
miss a connection to a simple planning tool.

Ahmad Hussain

Amazing software

Reviewed 2020-04-23

Pros
Have been using ActiTime since 2013 - first as a on-premises solution and now the cloud version. It is one of the integral part of our service delivery process. Very easy to use and train. You will find all the features required to track, report and bill the project and task hours.

Cons
Better task management workflow will help.

Tyler Brown

Simple Time tracking tools

Reviewed 2019-08-22

We use this to capture the amount of time spent on individual projects for the purposes of tax credits. I have never encountered an issue with it, but it is not the most full featured product.

Pros
This tool makes it quick and easy to enter in time used on various tasks. It allows you put in notes and other details about the tasks when looking back on it.

Cons
I would love for this to have a notification feature, to alert you that your time entering is out of date. Or a better way to view discrepancies in your personal data.

Response from Actimind

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We are happy that actiTIME helps you to receive tax credits for your work and that you find it easy to use.

Regarding the email notifications, they are available in the latest version of the product. We have also added quite a few enhancements, such as REST API, detailed personal reports, and a lightweight browser extension for tracking time directly from JIRA, Github or Gitlab. Be sure to check it out with the free trial version available from our website.

Paul Russo

Our go to product for project time tracking

Reviewed 2017-07-27

Pros
This web application has helped us gain control of hours actually spent on every project we take on, including maintenance of existing products. Great reporting features to pass on to upper management. Good that it nags the users to complete their time when they forget.

Cons
Seems like too many features are added or improved. Whenever I have to go into maintain the setups, user, projects, tasks etc. I have to learn how to do it all over because the features are constantly being updated.

Anonymous

Does what it needs to fo

Reviewed 2019-12-03

It’s good at what it does and is very easy to use.

Pros
Easy to enter my time each day. Easy to have a task to track time to and record hours against each task.

Cons
Maybe it is the way the company admin decided to set it up, but I dislike being able to only enter one day at a time. I would prefer to enter my entire week at a time.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Diego Signoretti

Easy Time Tracking

Reviewed 2019-11-18

We used the software for about 10 years.

Pros
Ease of use Optimal tasks definition and structure Web based and cloud support

Cons
the product does what he says but to get even more should include more project management and progress tracking options

Ghislain Lachapelle

A+++ recommendation for all companies

Reviewed 2020-03-24

Pros
Easy to use/setup and learn for all employees. Use this product for years and all history is available and easy to pull for reporting.

Cons
Pricing in US dollars makes it more expensive

Jane Falconer-White

Great for detailed time tracking

Reviewed 2016-11-17

We've been using Actitime within our practice for approx 4 years now. During that time the development of the app has definitely made things easier. It allows a good level of detail through the tracking a client, product and task level. It is starting to feel a little clunky and dated compared to newer products, in particular when creating a report or a new task. We've trialed newer products recently but decided to remain with Actitime. However as we are getting more and more of our practice into cloud based apps I think we'll eventually be looking for a more integrated solution. Although Actitime integrates with QuickBooks it does not currently integrate with Xero.

Pros
Good amount of detail in both tracking and reporting. App makes tracking easier. Simple to use.

Cons
Not very integrated with other practice software. User interface starting to feel a little dated and clunky compared to others.

Katherine Fosled

Small review of actitime and its high functions.

Reviewed 2018-02-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Actitime has benefited me too much in the business environment, because I have been able to take the real time of each employee's work and thus provide a fair pay for what was worked.

Pros
I really like actitime because of the beautiful design it has, in my opinion, it is what gives entertainment to the software as such, and also its functions, it is very good to be taking several times at once, doing two tasks at the same time and Take control of both. I hope these valuable features of actitime never change, they are what gives life.

Cons
I do not like that actitime has such high prices, if there is something that pleased much about this software were the low prices it had compared to the excellent services it has, however, after so many updates and implementation of new functions, the price was increasing. I would like prices to go down a bit.

Nivin Jospeh

It helps to make time tracking so simple and easy to access.

Reviewed 2018-10-05

Pros
We use actiTIME for all the projects we currently have. We have few check points and we use actiTIME to analyse how effective we were by taking time reports and comparing it with what results we have so far. The dashboard contains every thing that needed to control time tracking of the whole organization. We set separate tracking for each sub groups to compare them with others.

Cons
I can see lot of button s here and there on the dashboard which I have never used until now. The user interface is somewhat not good enough to catch someone's attention.

Maykol Febres

It favors the project area, much more than taking time.

Reviewed 2018-04-17
Review Source: Software Advice

I have benefited from the use of actiTIME because I have witnessed how the way of doing projects in my company is changing, has functions that no other platform has and at a certain point, it favors too much the best presentation of projects of my company.

Pros
I like actiTIME because I use it for Business Projects purposes, and I see that this area, the actiTIME platform perfectly dominates, providing the necessary functions to achieve a better established project and with a better reach to the public.

Cons
I do not like that actiTIME has such an ugly interface, although it is very true that it has complete functions that complement the projects, they should incorporate an interface that does not discourage the user and that, on the contrary, encourages it.

Sharon Marin

Timer Tracking with high limits.

Reviewed 2018-06-27
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
It is a very complete software, it helps me to know how much time I work or how much time I take doing any action that wants to know my time, besides that it offers me to do some present or future work to develop it, I am very happy with this program.

Cons
What I do not like is that it has very few features that do not help enough I think if you add more options where it improves or facilitates the quality with which we work it would be easier to use and therefore you would have a better performance and it would be fabulous, I would also like them to add more options and also improve a bit the design would be excellent.

Paula Rodriguez

It is very good to carry out projects quickly.

Reviewed 2018-04-18
Review Source: Software Advice

ActiTIME has benefited me to make quick projects in my company. On many occasions it does not give time to do the projects, and actitime serves as a rescue so as not to lose that much-needed task at all times.

Pros
actiTIME is good in the sense that you can perform simple projects, here is not much what is dazzling design or too good functions, but nevertheless, with which it has, serve to make simple and enjoyable projects.

Cons
If I would complain about something, it would be about design, I think that despite having very few functions, they should reward users who use it with a more pleasant design and who do not bore in the long term.

Simple but powerful

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-11-19

Pros
For our organisation, we need a very simple tool that could provide a rough indication for what the time is spend on for the needs of strategical planning and budgeting. Many other softwares are very focused on minute-by-minute reporting which becomes quite cumbersome when that level of accuracy is not needed. ActiTIME, though allowing making a very detailed reports, too, can be ‘stripped down’ to very basic functions that are both very similar to use for the workers reporting their time and for the administrator analysing the reports. It took very short time to learn how to use it and the interface is quite intuitive - no handbooks needed.

Cons
The usability of the app can be further improved. For example, the timer function is hanging around all the time taking the screen space even though we do not use it. A possibility to switch it off would be appreciated.

Carole Kensel

actiTIME diversifies its use, through projects and time-outs.

Reviewed 2018-03-27
Review Source: Software Advice

The use of actiTIME has benefited me because I have managed to carry out my business projects and at the same time, know what time I am working and what time it takes my employees to work.

Pros
What I like most about actiTIME, is that apart from being a software for taking time, it is useful for carrying out small projects, in this way the active use of actiTIME is varied, its use is much more diversified.

Cons
I have no complaint of actiTIME, it is a software that has never given me problems, it has never given me errors in the time I have been using it, it is fantastic because it works without interruptions.

Monica Gutierrez

actiTIME has multiple functions with activities.

Reviewed 2018-05-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
actiTIME has a multifunction platform, in this way you can carry out projects and at the same time you can make a "Take time" of each task, each activity and each experience. You can perform these two functions more calmly and accurately.

Cons
I would like you to actiTIME renew your design, it is so annoying that they have passed year after year and have not placed a design that is consistent with the time in which we live, a design that really renew each idea and place a more comfortable comfort.

Luisana Aristizabal

Advances with two functions in a platform.

Reviewed 2018-03-08
Review Source: Software Advice

I have benefited a lot from the use of actiTIME, I have managed to perfect my projects and take time from my employees and colleagues, an excellent advance!

Pros
What I like most about actiTIME are the functions, it really is very beneficial to use two functions at the same moment, like taking a time, and instantly being a project, two things in one platform! it has provided me with excellent functions and has made my projects and time-outs more accurate and efficient, without any complaints!

Angelica Barest

The timestamps have a certain benefit in the projects.

Reviewed 2018-03-13
Review Source: Software Advice

The use of actiTIME has made it possible to take the time in my company, and in each of the employees, knowing how long the employee worked, and what extra time corresponds.

Pros
What I like most about actiTIME is the ease of taking time and, at the same time, doing a project on the same platform, it is great to have two such useful functions in one place.

Cons
I do not like that actiTIME has such high prices, clearly this is not such an important factor, but I would like prices to decrease a bit.

actiTIME Review

Reviewed 2019-04-15

Over all its a good product for project management

Pros
Good for tracking multiple project at the same time. Good UI experience Reporting is good as you can see the overall time taken to finish a project vs estimated

Cons
There are many features which is not much use full . it make it congested .

Amy Williams

Timecard Review

Reviewed 2017-03-27

Pros
easy to use.

Cons
i can't seem to apply individual rates to employees so when i run a report i get a cost incurred as well as hours.

Anonymous

Simple, easy-to-use time tracking system

Reviewed 2018-02-28

Pros
Actitime is straightforward and easy to use. It has helped our small organization do a better job tracking hours worked and PTO used in real time. Staff members love being able to enter their hours from anywhere using the app. We were looking for software that would make it easy to allocate hours to jobs and would not require staff to clock in/out, and Actitime fit the bill perfectly.

Cons
The price is a bit high, and we would like to be able to pay per user instead of in blocks of five. Reports are easy to set up and use, but the layouts are not very customizable.

Marco Garibay

Easy to implement tool

Reviewed 2017-02-20

Personally, I am involved on a number of major projects that require me to keep track of more than 200 deliverables. Having actiTIME forces me not to lose track of the time spent on each of these projects. In fact, actiTIME is our global solution in R&D to time-track all our projects because of the easy implementation and low infrastructure requirements.