All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Clockify

The most popular free time tracker and timesheet for teams

Clockify Reviews

Reviews Summary

Pros

I am passionate about all of my projects, so that time management and good organization are essential if I am to continue to do what I love.

Sharon G.

Read the full review
My boss asked me to track all my time at work, so this was a great solution, best I could find that made it easy to do so.

Read the full review
Excellent clean and easily accessible UI with similar interface across mobile and web platforms. Best part is creating clients, team and projects which is implemented well.

PHANEENDRA A.

Read the full review

Cons

Ve only had one issue with it going down in the few months I was using it - which is by no means bad when you think about how often Facebook goes down, but it was slightly annoying.

Jem C.

Joel B.

Read the full review
The only thing I don't like about the software is its tendency to "stall out. Occasionally, perhaps twice in a full day of use, I will try to stop a line of time-tracking and receive an error.

Timothy D.

1,069

1,516 reviews

Seamless time tracking

Great option for tracking time spent on various work streams

Best time tracking app out there

Overall, Clockify has helped streamline my small business. I no longer have to worry about keeping timestamps in my head while picking up the phone, or jotting a quick note down that I'll forget what it's in reference to later. Clockify has made me more efficient, and more accurate, two things that are wonderfully customer-centric.

Pros

I most love how easy this app is able to integrate into my workflow. It literally only takes me a few clicks to switch gears to a different project. So when a customer calls up and I need to start tracking my time differently, I can switch my time to a new task (before I even know what the task is) and once the customer fills me in on the needs of the call, I can start to detail the clock that is still running, without interrupting anything.

Cons

I wish that their was a report that was a mix between the summary and the detail report. The detail report is everything that you need, but summary gives some great summation which helps with invoicing. The only problem is that you can't see the summation with the detail. If there was either an expand/collapse that could be added to the summary report, or grouping that could be added to the detail report, we would have the best of all worlds.

A very easy to use time tracker to cover many projects as a freelancer

I previously used Toggl, which I like just fine, but was a bit limited on the free version, and I didn't like the interface that much. I tried Clockify just to see how it would go, and so far I like it and am sticking with it for the near future.

Pros

The interface is nice, the reports get me what I need for invoicing. I can tag any recorded time as billable or not billable and even enter the dollar amount. I tag entries for specific clients or types of work with various colors which helps differentiate entries. The weekly emailed report helps me make sure my time is on point.

Cons

I didn't find the Windows desktop tool all that helpful, I just use the web interface. It's not as streamlined to create a new project or client easily. I have to type a project name (which doesn't exist) then I can create it on the fly, but with no details such as setting the color or client. So I have to go to another part of the interface, track down this new project so I can set the client and...

Thank you for the review Zack. When you enable the group similar time entries in your profile settings all your subentries will be grouped into one as long as they share the same description project and tag.

Team Billable Hours

We have been able to gauge how long tasks really take without relying on people’s perception of each task.

Pros

We love the fact that we can track projects between an entire team. Our weddings team is expected to stay within a certain number of hours for each client and this allows us to see how we are doing and adjust pricing moving forward.

Cons

For our particular use we find that the system works extremely well for us as we are only tracking hours for internal purposes.

Basics are good, but leaves something to be desired

Pros

I use Clockify nearly daily for tracking time spent on design projects. It's a super valuable tool to my business to be able to see how much time I spend on a total project & how much time is spent on individual tasks. I also like that if I accidentally forget to turn off the clock, I can manually enter the time.

Cons

But the features are somewhat confusing and hard to edit/manage. For my use, I'd just like to be able to create a Project (instead of needing to create a Client & then also a Project) and then break that project up into tasks (ex. for a branding project, I'd do Research, Logo, Collateral, Website, Meetings) which I could then use to tag to time entries. I want to be able to click on that project and immediately see the breakdown of time spent on each part of the project. As it functions now, this feature feels buried under Status. & Tasks aren't easy to delete once they've been created. I'd also like to be able to merge tasks.

In Clockify, you can create projects without creating Clients. Also you can add tasks within a project and add time entries for those tasks which you can later see when running a report. You can filter the report so it displays only tasks you've worked on. While there is no option to click on the project directly and see the dropdown of tasks and how much you've worked on them, the reports give you a detailed overview of how much time you've spent on each task. Also while merging tasks is not possible, your feedback has been noted down. If you need more information feel free to reach out to our support at support@clockify.me

Great option for tracking time spent on various work streams

Deployment was a breeze, documentation on their website is excellent, and customer service has been good. For example, a few team members experienced a bug at one point, and after we sent them the details, they offered workarounds and got it fixed in a reasonable timeframe. As the administrator, it requires very little time from me to keep it running and get new team members trained, which is fantastic.

Pros

Most importantly - it's easy for team members to track their time, and the chrome extension means they don't even have to open a new tab to start/end a tracking session. Also, it was easy to deploy and the cost is low (unless you need the enterprise plan).

Cons

There are a couple of features from the enterprise plan that we wanted, but it wasn't worth the difference in cost. I wish there was more of an a la carte option, as I would've been willing to pay more for those features (but not as much as the full enterprise plan, as it's overkill for our use case).

Easy to use time tracker

For our uses, the app is a good balance between free to use a multi-functionality system. Though, even in free plan, some improvements would be good :).

Pros

The chrome extension makes life easier! Also, the reports generated from the web app are helpful with analyzing time consuming tasks.

Cons

The mobile app wasn't always synchronized with the web app. An option to add users that cannot edit time tracking is missing (at least in free plan) - we use it to track working hours for a client and want to collaborate with them. Location based tracking would be apperciated.

One and only solution for your time tracking needs

I have tried number of time tracking softwares and got bored with each one, 1. Some has good features, but may lack in usability, 2. Some has good features, great usability, but expensive, 3. Some has everything more than needed (over engineered), which totally spoils the usability, (ex: for each entry I need to fill a very big form, unwanted notifications, useless statistics) Finally...

Pros

1. It has simple user interface, which gives great usability, 2. Very simple to add an entry, very flexible in time entry, 3. Provides manual tracking and tracking with a timer, 4. Clean categorization, and tagging is nice, 5. Option for making an entry as billable 6. Simple reports

Cons

Dashboard is not available in mobile version, it redirects to Clockify website if we click Dashboard in mobile application.

Simple and easy to learn while still offering sufficient functionality

So easy! So intuitive! Clockify gives you the freedom to record time YOUR way.

Pros

Incredibly easy to use and onboard. I can immediately create a new client/task/project and start logging time, pause the time log, and then un-pause. It is so easy to track time for each client (or project). Clockify doesn't force you to differentiate between "projects" and "clients" the way similar programs do. It's much more intuitive, and you can just jump right in immediately.

Cons

When you create a new task, it automatically starts logging time. I wish it would default to paused.

Hi Paul, thanks for such great feedback! We just wanted to check what you mean by "When you create a new task, it automatically starts logging time." Can you please explain this a bit further? If you'd like, you can contact us via this email support@clockify.me Cheers!

Great tracker for project time

Easy to use time tracking tool that I use for all client projects now.

Pros

The product makes it easy to set up projects and set up tasks within each project for tracking. It also integrates with Google Chrome, so you don't have to go into the Clockify website every time to start tracking time.

Cons

It can sometimes get visually confusing when it comes to tracking certain project tasks. Your titling of tasks plays a key role.

Great product inspired by Toggl

Besides the basic time tracking, Clockify offers more features mostly suitable for corporate environments, project managers and scrum masters. I had fun using Clocikfy for time tracking, I felt more productive and would recommend it to everyone.

Pros

The user interface is practically the same as with Toggl, so it is very easy to enter and track time. The best of all is the price. Alot can be done with just free tier, so it is worth to sign up and try.

Cons

Sometimes, when I haven't logged in for few days, it takes few seconds to load the whole interface. I understand it needs a lot of data in the background to make user interface working, but anything above 3 seconds is too long

The best by far for personal projects or Independant Freelancing

Amazing, best could not ask, I would like to make a copy cat of this one just for fun, that is how good it is. Really good work guys. If you want more business though, maybe have 2 different models one for personal project / freelancers and another for companies so they could track people's hours in a legit form(track editing and how edited, team user accounts all that)

Pros

Really really easy and intuitive to use, plus the right features for billing and calculating the time spent on a project.

Cons

It is not that I do not like, it is simply that Jibble is the tool for companies employees sign-ins and outs, Clockify wins in how fast and adjustable it is for independent workers but loses with companies who need the closest to the most legit form of tracking employees hours. In that sense never noticed Clockify being careful about that.

A real lifesaver

I discovered Clockify some time ago when a client wanted to see if there were any time tracking pieces of software he could use. I didn't use it then, but when our time tracking software turned into a frustrating mess of lost time entries, slow loading, and mis-calculated weekly times, I gave it a shot. Best decision I ever made for our team.

Pros

- Ease of use - Ability to set up and customize lots of options - Works well on multiple platforms - Has extensions and apps - Quick & light

Cons

- I wish there were the slightest bit more features in terms of clients vs projects, like the ability to assign people to whole clients rather than just projects, as well as the ability to bulk assign someone (like a page of checkboxes) to projects - I wish there were more integrations as well, such as with Freshbooks for invoicing

Thanks for the kind words, Aimee! In Clockify client category is always connected to the project and cannot work independently. But, perhaps settings up tags for your clients could help you out. Also, creating groups can be useful for managing projects easily. Heres the link: https://clockify.me/help/users/user-groups And we plan the integration with Quickbooks for invoicing. Cheers!

Straightforward Time Tracking Software -- Easy to Learn, Easier to Use

As a software developer working on small projects while putting myself through school, I have to be very careful with how I manage my time. Clockify provides me with a great solution to keep myself accountable for my waking hours. With its feature to add clients, I'm able to record the time I spend studying separately from my work hours by listing my education institution under one client and my contracts under their own respective clients. The reporting feature is insightful in breaking down my time by my desired filters (date, client, project, task, etc.). It enables me to keep my clients happy with accurate progress reports and estimated completion dates as well as help me gauge my progress in my school's curriculum. Tracking my time using Clockify has definitely kept my life on track!

Pros

There are two features that really stand out when it comes to Clockify. The first being its compatibility across a number of devices. I can track my time via the web app or desktop app while working from my home office, then just as easily use the mobile app to record how long I've spent working on my train ride into the city, all without having to worry about issues with syncing between my devices. The...

Cons

I notice that sometimes the software can lag when I make edits to my clients, projects, tasks, etc. This happens maybe once every two to three weeks and it never gets in the way of actually recording my time, it can just get annoying if I'm trying to do cleanup or reporting on the app when it decides to lag in saving changes.

Clockify helps us keep track of time!

Pros

We have tried different types of time-tracking software, but none were as good and easy to use and implement. It's nice that you can use the free version with unlimited users, we will definitely upgrade in the future, but it's nice that we can already use almost every feature in the meantime. We did already recommend this app to other businesses!

Cons

The app is quite limited as an admin and on your phone, the browser redirects to the app, so a lot of features need the webpage on a computer. This is not so handy on the fly... Make new users, add new projects/tasks, ... It's mostly only a tracker while the webpage offers much more. Please add some more functionalities :)

Straighforward time tracker

As I work on multiple projects at the same time it is usually very difficult to pinpoint how time is spent during a regular working day. After starting using the app regularly i.e. having a tab regularly open and using Android app always when on the go (meetings, etc.) I got a clear picture of how time is spent and which projects are regularly taking "invisible time" ie. time that is not billed....

Pros

Simplicity - It's a straightforward time tracking app that one actually uses. After trying different apps that I usually forgot to use regularly, or that offer too few or too many features I stumbled upon this app that is easy to use, offer just the features that you need (such as projects, analytics) and that are easy to use both through web browser and on the phone I finally managed to keep track of the time spent during the day over different projects. If you click on any task that you previously tracked it will start another tracking instance which is really beneficial for repetitive tasks and tasked stopped due to interruptions.

Cons

Editing of time entries (when you forget to stop the timer or to start it again when you start working on a new task) are the only things I see as potential area to be further developed (such as splitting the task into two etc.) for the way I use the app. I must admit I have not used the teams feature,although it seems worth exploring.

Easily track and report on all your time

I track billable hours for multiple client projects, breaking down tasks to get the best sense of where I spend my time. For my flat-fee retainer clients, this allows me to see where my time is going to make sure my time is best spend and those arrangements are profitable. For my hourly-billed clients, this lets me accurately bill clients for time spent on their projects.

Pros

So easy to use! I have it bookmarked so I can quickly start time tracking new tasks - whether that's billable time, on non-billable time. I like that I can set up specific tasks but also include notes with specific time entries.

Cons

Being free to use, there is absolutely nothing I can complain about! I'm able to do everything I need to track and report my time.

Nice way to keep track on your time

Overall is a good way to log and track your time, which as a freelancer is something very important. Maybe the free version is quite complete but the payed ones doesn't seem to add much more value to the product. So as for now I will keep on the free one, and try to workaround the minor problems I may find.

Pros

Clockify has a really neat interface, and once completely configured it allows quick and easy operation. On the main screen, you can simply hit the start button on the project you're working on and hit again whenever you stop and it will add directly a new entry on the log of that project. That's pretty quick when you need just to focus on the work. Besides this, on this screen you can also select...

Cons

It lacks some options on the project creation pop up, like the posibility of setting there the specific billing price for the project. Although is very neat, I miss some possibility of configuring the dashboard section to add some widgets or reports on different sections. Didn't try the "pro" version but in the free one this is definitely not possible. I the time I've been using clockify now I didn't found more major cons.

Clocking in has never been easier!

Our business went from tracking hours on a notepad to this incredible program. What a tremendous difference it has made! Convenient, efficient, and looks very trendy!

Pros

This software is so convenient and easy to use! The look is sleek and trendy, and the features are simple enough for all employees to understand. This is not only the best software I have found (upon hours of research), but it's FREE! Our business went from tracking hours on a notepad to this incredible program. What a tremendous difference it has made! It's free AND it allows us to clock in and clock...

Cons

What's NOT to like about this software? It's amazing!

Simple Yet Effective & Efficient Time Tracking Tool

Clockify has helped my organisation in a big way by simplifying & making the time tracking task efficient and reliable. From the time we have moved from another time tracking to Clockify - we might have saved a lot of time slippages being tracked appropriately and has saved us a lot of time and effort in time tracking, auditing, reporting and billing activities.

Pros

1. Super simple time tracking tool - it's very easy to use & very quickly anybody can pick it up - useful when onboarding a new employee. 2. Enables effective management of housekeeping tasks for team leads & managers - like attendance, time sheets, etc. 3. Easy tool to bill the hours worked & review time taken on projects and tasks through reports. 4. There is a mobile app as well which enables to track time spent on calls as well - especially when you are a consultant or advisory services provider and spend a lot of time on the phone. 5. You can set up time tracking for specific clients, projects, tasks and assign it to specific employees - this is very granular and comprehensive.

Cons

1. I would have loved a random screenshot taken of work being done as well along with time tracking - this will boost the confidence managers & clients have on the reports & time sheets. 2. Timers some times stops - has happened with me a few times - not sure if its a browser issue - but this is always on my mind to keep checking if the timer is on from time to time. 3. Manual time adding can be an issue as sometimes we have seen that the date selected moves to the current date - need to careful & recheck entries.

Simple but powerful time tracking

I am using Clockify for my own business, since I would like to track time for my customers. The problem I ran into is only finding tailored solutions for project management tools (i.e. Jira, Pro-Tool, ...) to track time on special platform artifacts like tickets. But, I needed a generic solutions covering multiple clients, leaving me an option to enter billable hours, different rates for different clients and super easy start and stop. From all the years I am working, the true superb attribute of an awesome time tracking app is a ultra simplistic way to start and stop tracking. No one wants to spent time on this task. Clockify is providing me everything I would like to have in a time tracking application - this is why I love it!

Pros

Clockify has a super slick design with a very cleaned up user interface. It allows a user to enter billable and non-billable hours. You can have multiple clients and multiple projects for each client. Each client can have a different rate you work for. You can very easily modified entries you made wrong (especially useful to make it always to quarter hours or half hour trackings). The reports are absolutely sufficient for me. it helps me also to track down problems with my time tracking (low hours, no project assigned). Just recently I found out, that there is an app (not only the browser version). This makes it even more easy to use Clockify. I am really looking forward using it for my whole company next month!

Cons

It should have a setting to setup a default tracking (default customer, default billable, ...). Maybe even a small toggle to check "default", which will setup the time tracking with this default setup. Actually, the reporting also is confusing in the beginning, since it shows the result of all hours worked for a month, when actually I have the filter setup for a single client. Not sure if this is...

Thank you for the feedback, Peter! If you're using the browser extension, you can set a default project there. You can also set a default project's billable status in the project's settings (and in the workspace settings for all new projects). If you're having issues with filters not applying correctly, please contact us at support@clockify.me and we'll figure it out. As for the time zones,...

Quite good but their apps are buggy

The free plan is quite okay for a small agency but still, they have a long way to go in order to compete with the other products on the niche.

Pros

Clockify has helped a lot on time tracking my projects, I get paid hourly so it's vital to have a time tracker on my side. What I love the most about Clockify is that you can track billable hours (they will be converted to $ in the reports) on their free plans. Many other competitors don't allow this feature on their free plans. Their reports are okay and it's nice to have the bookmarks so you are able to share a report link with your clients. The options to group and manage your tasks are quite extensive as well, you can create Clients, Projects, Teams and even Workspaces for your tasks.

Cons

I appreciate that they have tried to go as multiplatform as possible but their apps are often buggy. Being the Windows one the worst of them all, the app logs out every five minutes, forcing me to reinput my credentials. I also need to pay attention to see if the timer is still running when I close the lid of my notebook, even on sleep mode the tracker will keep running, when you come back you might...

Thanks for the feedback! We understand that Windows App needs improvements. Some bugs you mentioned have been fixed, please, make sure you have the latest version. Alsot adding Idle detection feature to the Windows App is on our roadmap. As for the reports, we've recently redesigned them so that they have new, improved look that you can check out.

Great value for an affordable price + constant development = successful software

Great to track time in a small company. New features appearing every month or so are always pleasant news. Great and helpful customer support.

Pros

Pricing scales with features instead of scaling with the number of users. The development team clearly works very hard implementing new features and fixing bugs - Clockify is already much better than when I started using it!

Cons

Lack of polish - Clockify is great, but the devs still have a lot of work to do polishing the app, eliminating all the bugs and providing better user experience.

Decent Free Project Time Tracking Software

I am a Corporate Recruiter for about 8 different companies all owned by one Owner. I use Clockify to track time spent on recruiting for all of our companies separately so that costs of my department are shared appropriately based upon use of recruiting services. Clockify allows me to track my time based upon what company I am doing tasks for and then produce a billable amount for each company at the end of the month. Has been a very useful product and has fulfilled my needs.

Pros

We currently use the free version of Clockify's time tracking software for projects. Very easy to use and has a Chrome Plug-in that you can install so you do not have to navigate to a webpage to start or stop tracking time spent on a project. Able to run different reports to understand time spent on projects. Able to set a billable rate for time spent on projects and then run a report to show what billable cost for time spent on a project is. Functions exactly as I need it to.

Cons

It is easy to forget to stop timing projects once you start them. Would like to see some sort of customization notifications or reminders that you have projects still being timed. The paid versions may have more flexibility there but we currently use the free version. Plug-in can be very slow and glitchy. Sometimes I'll have to click on the icon several times before it opens and it is pretty slow to load.

Hi Danille, thanks for your feedback! In the browser's extension, there's an option to set up reminders so that you don't forget to start the timer https://clockify.me/help/apps/chrome-extension#reminders If the extension is slow or glitchy, try reinstalling it, or clear the browser's cache. In case it doesn't help, feel free to contact us via this email support@clockify.me Cheers!

For free? What's not to love?

I use ClickUp (another great product) for task/project management. And, although it has an internal "time clock", it's weak. However, Clockify was one of the recommended integrations. It integrates perfectly with ClickUp and since it resides in clickup as well, we can start and stop it by task in ClickUp. Kinda remarkable.

Pros

I own a small, niche accounting firm with one employee three time zones away. And while most of my fees are fixed, we often take on "projects" for which we bill by the hour. Clockify lets my track our hours down to any "sub level" I need. It's perfect for me to track my admin time as well, so I know when it's getting close to me needing to hire an additional person. It's perfect for what I need.

Cons

Sometimes the extension and the "in-line" functions seem to argue with each other. For example, if I receive an email that I want to respond to that I need to track my hours spent on, I can click the little "start timer" in the email. However, to STOP the timer, I have to go to the extension and "assign" the time to a task before I can stop it. So, naturally, I dump everything into my "admin" and promise myself I'll come back later and allocate.

Thank you for the feedback, Michael! It's most likely that you have Task set as a required field and because of that the app prevents you from adding incomplete time entries without selecting a Task and that's why you're not able to stop the timer. You can always disable Task as a required field and you will be able to stop your entries right away. (https://clockify.me/help/extra-features/required-fields)

Free but awesome!

I am in charge of keeping track of my own hours, I tried other free services but none fit the bill until Clockify! I use the free version and while other free services are extremely limited Clockify has awesome free features that really allows its users to get the job done. Clockify is limitless!

Pros

It’s easy to use and has great free features

Cons

I really like this service, it gets the job done

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.