Gymdesk Logo
Gymdesk

The best rated software for gyms and martial arts schools

visit website

Gymdesk Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.7/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Definitely would recommend giving it a try. Great customer service, great website and amazing tool to keep ranks, dates, payments, attendance and schedules organized.
Like the family account feature, belt ranks are easy to create, add, and modify. Customer Service is fantastic, quick answers and always willing to help.
Super easy to use, it works, and if you have a question they are very responsive.
Overall there wasn't anything that I can say was bad.
The attendance check-in is a bit confusing when you have multiple classes running.
Prior to using Martial Arts On Rails we operated a manual system and as a consequence we were losing track of payments, grading, etc.

Gymdesk users...

Virtuagym-logocaret

Virtuagym

OnMat-logocaret

OnMat

How would you rate Gymdesk?

Our go to for a martial arts facility management system

Transcript

Estefan J.: My name is Estefan. I'm actually the owner of my academy and I give Martial Arts on Rails...

Company Director Review

I have had no issues with MAOR and am very happy with the software!

Pros

Very easy to use integrated with the Australian direct debit company (stripe), nothing is over complicated and hard to find and the (help) tap is actually very useful and I have personally used it multiple times!

Cons

The only con I would say is that all communication is dealt with over email the replies are always prompt what is good! But that is the only communication that is offered between client and MAOR it would be very beneficial if there were other points of communication e.g skype, phone call etc, especially at the beginning stages of looking to sign up other than that I think it is a really good software for martial arts schools and I am very happy with it!

Client management software for martial arts

We needed client management software for our martial arts gym; I switched to MA on Rails based on the recommendation of another gym owner. The author has been incredibly responsive about small changes we needed. Overall, it does what we need well and with a simple, clean interface.

Pros

It is simple to use and handles all our needs (managing clients, gym shop sales, attendance, scheduling). It's very flexible about types of membership options, from drop-ins to monthly. I like that the clients can access their own account. It has good tracking for attendance, bill paying, lets us freeze clients when needed. It also has a basic web-site.

Highly Recommended Tool

Overall experience has been great with Martial Arts on Rails from the staff all the way through to the system itself, the support is phenomenal and you're dealing with real people so it makes communication much easier... I would highly recommend this to anyone no matter how small or large the organisation it makes sense to invest in something that captures your payments and manages the data for you so you don't have to do it manually!

Pros

The ability to tailor the belts to suit my academy and secondly that once setup its easy to get people registered and actively using the system.

Cons

None - I have no issues with the software or its capabilities!

Great software for managing a martial arts gym.

Pros

I like the customer service the most. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been most helpful and promptly responded to any questions or concern that I have had. Beyond that, the breadth of capabilities of the software is really great and I discover new functionality of the software almost weekly.

Cons

There are very few cons with this software. There are little things that have come up here and there, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has resolved them quickly or helped us find a workaround.

Easy to set up - super helpful in our daily workload

MAoR was super easy to implement in our gym and almost self explaining. If there was any question we got lightning fast responses and help. It seems they are still developing further features for the application and adding it with every update.

Pros

Members can admin their profiles themselves and keep them up to date Recurring payment and customized membership options Homepage set up via MAonRails Various Admin / Staff profiles with different access options

Cons

- payment options not compatible with Switzerland ;-)

Slick looking and easy to use

My experience was great. I ended up choosing another product, but it wasn't because of any defect in the product. MAOR is both advanced and simple at the same time. It has all the basic functionality you need to get started right away. I had my site basics set up in about 10 minutes, and within an hour I had my contracts all set up and ready to merge. If you're after a highly tweakable product,...

Pros

The interface is sharp, and simple to navigate and find what you're looking for. Able to set up a trial account and poke around without first having to sit through a lengthy pitch. Developer responsiveness and support.

Cons

The interface isn't very customizable (the color scheme and icons). Also the options for layout are pretty static.

Thanks for the review and feedback, Joey, it's very much appreciated!

Love this software!

Our clientele doubled within the first four months of using this software. It’s has been absolutely amazing.

Pros

Easy to set up new students. Easy to find history of payments. It’s very organized and easy to navigate. I love that our members have access to their own profiles.

Cons

Setting up family memberships is the hardest thing but it’s not that bad.

great software and customer service

Pros

user friendly- members has a great experience with their members page staffs have a better time management. great customer support

Cons

Right now you can only see the next month payment schedule in the member profile. wish they could add several month auto payment schedule in the member profile, so that we could manage the payments more freely when we need to give one free month at the end of the client membership, or if you need to cancel a specific month payment.

Prompt Responses and Excellent Customer Service

Using Martial Arts on Rails has allowed us to combine three different platforms into one accessible and easy to use program. We are now able to navigate through any membership requirement within the same system and it has really helped our day to day business run smoothly.

Pros

This system is extremely user friendly and it has been a smooth transition from our previous software. Very easy to navigate through all our memberships and features.

Cons

We have not had any issues with this software that wasn't promptly addressed by customer service. We needed an option of entering multiple payment methods in membership accounts and the option was provided the next day.

Martial Arts on Rails Review

Pros

Simple interface Most needed features Quick turnaround for bug fixes Open to suggestions for new features

Cons

Unable to work directly with back-end data (though this is understandable), more export options would help here though Would prefer a self hosted open source solution if one were available with comparable feature set Self-sign-in when multiple classes available feels less intuitive than other processes

Instructor

Pros

Having used a couple products prior, this one works best for our schools, because of the size, the affordability and features. We use to have to carry hard copies of paperwork/release now we can pull it at any location, even at tournaments sites if needed.

Cons

The inability to just read or replay to messages seems to be a bit problematic as I get email notifiations, but, if I don't read the email or on the message screen, those messages may go unanswered for some time.

Great responsiveness

Easiness and reliability !

Pros

Easiness to use from any platform, as well as the support team that is 100% reliable in term of consideration and reactivity.

Cons

Minor adaptations that I would like to have for a better fit with our regional sport's issues.

Excellent software to keep dojo running smoothly

Great customer service. Quick replies. Really enjoying the software.

Pros

Easy to keep track of visitors/potential new members. Great dashboard overview to see quickly any overdue fees and information

Cons

We run a lot of kids classes where a day(s) needs to be selected for them to enrol. Currently we need to create a lot of day combinations to accommodate this

Great product to keep you streamlined and focused on the students

customer service has been amazing. the staff is helpful and easy to work with

Pros

I enjoy the layout of the program. it's a sleek design that allows me too quickly perform duties keeping me on the floor with my students and frees up the family's time regarding billing and sales

Cons

it took me a bit of time to truly understand and set up specific aspects of the site.

Great martial arts management software

Pros

Great membership management, auto billing which is important, attendance tracking, sales & marketing Are great. The only email and text function is a game changer too! You have to pay a little extra but it’s a huge life saver to send messages out quickly to all members or to certain members.

Cons

I’d like to see this software give the member the ability to track their progress according to the program, ranks and promotion requirements. For example, when I set certain skills for a particular rank, the student cannot see what those skills are on their one member portal. They can see what rank they are, but not the skills associated with the rank.

Hi Maurice, thanks for the positive review and continued support! We do have the option to show promotion criteria for the current to members, if you reach out we'd be happy to show you how to do that.

excellent software

Pros

Constantly improves software features. Very prompt with support and any questions. We highly recommend Martial Arts on Rails.

Cons

No complaints everything has worked very well.

Martial arts software

So far after using it for a month, I found it useful and easy to transfer all my other members from another platform which I was using. It is clear and easily re-do if you make a mistake. It takes some time on knowing how to use it but once knowing it, it is easy and simple to use. I am a slow learner but I can still learn it in a couple weeks.

Pros

What I like best is that you can access all different areas from one page and it is convenient to use. The Dashboard is also great as it tells you what is going on with the member's payment, birthdays and who has been absent from class lately.

Cons

The least thing that is confusing is that when you login as a manager, it takes you to a page where the login is still showing on the page and not straight into the admin page. So, if you are not aware, you will try to login again and again whereas you can just click the admin button.

MAOR a crucial tool

A very useful tool which is really recommended. A really very useful tool, especially for us as a martial arts school.

Pros

The software made our work a lot easier. Many processes are automated and not only improve the direct work with customers but also the processing of the data. As a young company, we are more than satisfied with the product. In addition, there is really very good customer service. Even small changes in the software used were implemented by MAOR in a very short time to meet our needs.

Cons

As with any new software, you have to get used to it. We often used the really excellent customer service when we had questions. But it was never a problem, it was always a quick fix

Perfect for our dojo

Nearly flawless. What few small problems I've had were quickly resolved by the founder. I have had ZERO problems with the back-end payment system or student management.

Pros

I love how easy it was to setup for our dojo! And it built our front landing page AND student portal all at the same time. Billing is easy and perfect. Nothing but great stuff

Cons

The template for the website is fixed with little customization aside from pictures. The schedule only shows one week at a time.

Our go to for a martial arts facility management system

Pros

displays all the information i need with easy to use navigation and simplified interface.

Cons

certain settings are hard to find. It would be nice to have them all in one tab called "settings" with tabs within that to separate payments, memberships etc.

Great software

It helps me to manage my business

Pros

The online registration and online invoices

Cons

I suggest an automatic check-in. In other words, it would be enough for the students to type their personal code and the system would automatically check-in without the student having to make a second click to confirm.

Thanks for reviewing our product Wagner! We do have an automatic check-in options, which you can enable in your account. We'll follow up via Email shortly. -E

Switching from Kicksite to Martial Arts On Rails

So far very impressed would recommend people giving this software a chance.

Pros

Website integration is awesome, I use square for my business and as far as I know this is the only software that integrates square into there system. The cost compared to kicksite is better as compared per student.

Cons

The only invoicing available is reoccurring would like to see one time invoicing for products or tests. Also would like to see more done with the ranking, maybe being able to put in requirements so to be able to track students progress also maybe a way to advance a testing group with a single click.

Thank you for the review Michael! I'm glad you found our software useful. Worth noting that we definitely offer one-time charges and product sales, if you need help with using those features please get in touch and we'd be happy to help you out!

Great Program

Been a great experience to us new owners so far.

Pros

I like the alerts when a payment is due or a member hasn't been present in a while.

Cons

I dislike not being able to give INDIVIDUAL stripes when a promotion is made. I can put stripes on the color belts, but it shows everyone with the same stripes. Hope that makes sense. Correcting this would make it easier for promotions.

Great support

We are a university club, with 30-40 members. Just enough members to justify a membership system but not enough to afford the big names. We are a martial art club, so I look at 50+ different options and try ~10 that were affordable. MAOnRails was in the top 3, I was sold by the support that was absolutely, and still is, great. Very fast response to explain, correct or enhance. I can only recommend this software. It is not the cheapest but far from the more expensive. Definitely worth the money!

Pros

- Best support ever - Quick bug & features turnaround, even when paying the lowest plan - All features requests are considered and thought through - Payment integration with square and stripe - kiosk mode for in gym/dojo check-in - manager and members interface to allow members to see own membership, pay invoices, etc - integrated document management for waiver and T&Cs Many other features, I suggest you to do the free trial

Cons

It is really a great software, any cons I came across was swiftly corrected/updated by the great team behind the software. There hasn't been any request/features that where dismissed by the team so I want to say no cons!

Great software for the price

Pros

This software is great for the price. Very well thought out and well done

Cons

The website does not look great on desktop. Somewhat tough to align everything properly