PushPress Reviews

4.71/5 (126 reviews)

Pros
  • The two things I like most are the simplicity of the software and the amazing support staff if there is ever an issue or concern.James P.Read the full review
  • The ability to create landing pages, assign personal training to coaches, and the ease of creating plans/products. Also it just LOOKS beautiful.Nick H.Read the full review
  • It's straightforward and very user friendly. The customer service is also very good if I have any questions.Adam G.Read the full review
Cons
  • I would say nothing had even crossed my mind agony what is wrong with the software. I feel their is no weakness.Eric M.Read the full review
  • The daily reporting emails, i complained and they said they couldnt do anything about it, its just how the system is.Nicholette S.Read the full review
  • Does not show why there is an error when one is present.Bridget S.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Katie Feeley

So Happy We Made the Switch

Reviewed 2019-05-17

I could not be happier with this software, and I recommend it to literally everyone. The team behind it includes gym owners, developers, and designers who all work together on it. So it's super easy to use, and does all the things I need it to do. The product owners actively work on improving the software and are very receptive to and involved in the community of people using it. The customer service is exceptional. It was very easy to make the transition from our old software (MindBody). I stayed with MindBody *way* too long. My only regret is not making the switch sooner.

Pros
It does everything I need it to do, is super clear and easy to use, and the pricing is unbeatable for the value delivered.

Cons
There's no time clock feature and payroll is in beta. We have a small staff and use a spreadsheet to track time, so it's not a big deal. It is 100% worth it to use PushPress and keep track of time with other methods.

Jason Hryshkanych

Want a software for your gym with excellent performance and support - choose PushPress

Reviewed 2019-09-12

PushPress is simply the best! They gave the best presentation when doing their demo and they all are part of gyms so they know all facets of the industry. Their customer service is the best I have dealt with and that says a lot as I spent 10+ years in the IT field. The people at PushPress are so helpful, friendly, prompt, and just so all around awesome that you actually look forward to interacting with them. Their service and their software have totally changed our gym to where we now feel like we are actually able to do work with the tracking of leads, at risk members, and just our community as a whole. I would recommend PushPress again and again - all day - every day!

Pros
The best thing about the PushPress software is the ease of use. We were able to jump right in and get everything set up so quickly. We have learned how to implement new pieces easily as well as integrate the software into our website, kiosks, and TV. Our warriors have loved the ease of check in and purchasing via the Store.

Cons
The thing I like the least would be that I can't do everything from my phone - an admin app for the phone would be awesome as I don't always have my computer around at the gym and our kiosks are in use.

Response from PushPress

Thank you, Jason! We're stoked that you feel like PushPress is having such a positive impact on your gym. Everyone here truly loves what they do and that includes getting the chance to work directly with gym owners, coaches, etc. Thanks for joining our team!

Nick Freije

So thankful I switched to Push Press!

Reviewed 2019-09-12

Using Push Press has been a gamechanger for CrossFit Breakthrough. It allows us to be way more organized, creative, consistent, and professional. Automating several things I used to do manually has saved me time and money!

Pros
The customer service is amazing, and fast. Any time I have an issue, I can chat with somebody directly, and they seem to genuinely care about the problem, and offer solutions and best practices. That was especially crucial last year as we on boarded to this new system.

Cons
Sometimes the apps can run a little slow. But I appreciate that any issue that arises, the team takes feedback on and seeks to improve/resolve

Response from PushPress

This is awesome to hear, Nick! We truly believe that our support team is top notch, and we're glad you feel the same. We know that switching to another software system can be daunting, so we're always happy to help with the onboarding process. As always, please continue to reach out to support when issues arise. Thanks!

Colby Brooks

Poor, slow customer service. Inconsistent platform.

Reviewed 2018-09-06

Negative. Initially, we were sold on the ease of use. However, after using the software day to day (for over a year) and having issues, we quickly realized this was not the standard. Integrations are clumsy to utilize, member communication is limited and only works for short messages, and customer support is lagging. Billing is also erratic and unpredictable with members being re-charged for past purchases without explanation.

Pros
The initial “proposed” ease of use was the selling point for us.

Cons
Unpredictability and inconsistent customer support.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Jake Kerwin

Easy to learn, easy to customize

Reviewed 2019-09-13

I needed an accurate software that easily tracked memberships and the dollars spent, and it does a great job.

Pros
Very customizable, easy to learn, reports are easy to read

Cons
Wish it had programming software like Sugarwod built in.

Response from PushPress

Thank you for the review, Jake! We appreciate your feedback. We do have our Track system, which allows you to easily program workouts - but we do not do workout tracking.

The reason is twofold:

1. Currently, there's 2 philosophies around workout tracking. Tracking performance & Building community. It's pretty hard to build a system that can do both well. SugarWOD is focused on building community.

Depending on which way you'd like your gym to leverage workout tracking, you would prefer one or the other. If we built our own, we would be inflexible to the other side of the equation

2. Workout tracking is a massively moving target, and it's needs constantly evolve. If we built that, we would needing to devote resources to continually evolve it, which would take resources away from our core development.

We believe specialists win over generalists. We prefer to have the best core system and work with systems that can enhance us.

James Ellis

Very Pleased

It’s been fantastic.

Pros
I really enjoy the ease of use and responsiveness, whether I’m in front of my computer, or on the go. The customer service is phenomenal, and they’re constantly working to improve their product.

Cons
I think the amount of emails that go out to members can be a little overwhelming. Important information is easily lost to those who don’t manage their inbox well

Response from PushPress

Hi James, we appreciate your comments! We know that owners are constantly on the move so making sure you can seamlessly transition is important. We are also looking to overhaul email functionality to give you much more granular control in the near future, you will love this!

Skyler Brady

Industry Leader in Gym Management Software

Reviewed 2019-05-08

PushPress saves me time, effort and money, allowing me to do more of what I want to do and less of what I have to do.

Pros
I've been using PushPress for over two years now and have been consistently surprised by PushPress. The company is constantly evolving, adding new products, services and integrations that empower me to spend less time on running a business and more on what I'm in business for. Exceptional customer service is just the icing on the cake.

Cons
Interface is slightly "rigid," but it does everything it needs to do, so it's not really a problem as much as it is an opportunity.

Response from PushPress

Thanks for the review Skyler! I love your mindset in that it's more of an opportunity! We're actually redoing the whole frontend right now :)

Jon Cornelissen

PushPress FTW!

Reviewed 2019-05-03

Our overall experience with PushPress has been fantastic. We switched over from one of their main competitors and we have absolutely no regrets. It's a great tool to have for members, especially with the Store and Check-in apps as well. It makes for a somewhat flawless introduction for new members coming into our gym.

Pros
The new PushPress smartphone app is very easy for our members to use. They can sign up for classes, see who is in each class, and even add a profile picture so it's easy for people to put a 'face to the name.' We also love the fact that we can send out 'landing page' forms to any prospective members to sign up as a lead, for an intro, or for a membership. We can also add a discount and they can visibly see the discount is being applied which is great!

Cons
What I liked least about the software has already been taken care of in the latest app updates: 1) Our members wanted to see who was in what class and that has been resolved with the new software update; 2) We wanted a waitlist because a lot of our weekend classes fill up and there's no way to see if anyone else is interested in the class, but again that is currently being tested in the app before the release; 3) We really hope they implement timing out of classes soon. For instance if no one is signed up for the 6:30pm class by 5:30pm, the class will automatically be cancelled so the coach and athletes will know.

Aaron Riekenberg

Business Software for the Fitness Minded

Reviewed 2019-06-03

It's not that we are solving business problems, it's that Push Press doesn't create any for us to solve... There are always small kinks with updates but these are such a small issue and the support staff is always keen and quick to hear and fix.

Pros
Ease of use and seamless adjustments for membership options with our transient population have made a world of difference. Projections and past month metrics on income and retention are fantastic for assisting us with laying out plans for expansion and additions to the coaching staff.

Cons
Inability to customize mailing lists is a small flaw. We would like to see a current population map/overlay to know areas our members come from, or areas that are yet untapped potential. More data based metrics off check-ins. Plan vs plan, etc.

John Stull

PushPress Client Review

Reviewed 2019-05-17

My experience with PushPress. The PushPress team and customer service are second to none.

Pros
I like how easy it is to use PushPress. The staff has gone above and beyond from day one and continually advances their services and products. I also like how easy it is to integrate the PushPress software with other apps and systems.

Cons
I don't like that I cannot pause memberships for a set duration so that the membership starts billing automatically after the end date.

Matthew Biolsi

Great System

Reviewed 2019-09-17

Great software and easy to use. Transferring members over from mindbody was so easy and the team at Push press helped me every step of the way.

Pros
The ease of use and the great customer service. I originally switched from mindbody and will never go with another system. Anytime i have an issue i receive. A response Whittington hours, not days as with mind body.

Cons
Wish is synced with constant contact. I do not use mail chimp and that would be awesome if i could get the contacts to sync with constant contact.

Response from PushPress

Thanks, Matthew! This is exactly what we want to hear. We're happy you made the switch and even happier that we could support you through the process. Regarding Constant Contact, we might have a solution for you using our current Zapier integration...reach out to our support team for more guidance.

Heather Fogle

Took us from looking mom and pop, to presenting like a well established business w/ a tech staff

Reviewed 2018-04-15

Pros
We run an athletic performance facility. A big portion of our athletes are below the age of 18. Pushpress allows the athlete/parent to sign the athlete up easily on line from landing pages. We are able to attach digital documents to the plans so waivers are signed by parent and stored digitally. Parents can pay online prior to attending class. We spend our time coaching instead of doing administrative task during our training times. Once an athlete is established and on a plan, the system does the rest..From recording check ins, to sending emails when punch cards are out. It keeps track of our payments and indicates who is late. It will flag athletes that have not paid, by not allowing them to check in. I would be remiss if I did not mention the customer service. They are very attentive to problems and open to dialogue about features that users would like added in future updates.

Cons
Emails...some time the system sends emails to clients when I wish I had a clearer way of indicating if I want an email to go or not. Sometimes our clients get bombarded with emails and the email I actually need them to read and act upon is lost in the mix. Also the inability to change pricing on the fly for a plan without creating a discount. End up comping plan and charging to invoice...just not nice and clear when looking after the fact. Requires me to make notes in system so I know why they were comped etc. They have improved using the system for youth athletes, but our problem is kids do not pay the bill. I wish the athletes could check in, but would Athlete would be flagged and we would be flagged in the system if they have not paid...but still records Check-in as owing. The portal is nice but really needs ability for athlete to check how many punches they have remaining to be valuable.

Amanda Bifulco

Reviewed 2019-09-17

Pros
Customer Service is the bomb! So responsive and helpful.

Cons
I wish there was a management app. I'm out in a park and don't have a "check in" front desk. The Check-in app is restrictive because I can't see who I've already checked in. I usually end up using the browser, but then the checkins are all the way at the bottom of the page and require a lot of scrolling. They tend to refresh frequently OR not pull up the option to select a class time so often that I don't usually end up checking people in at class time. Even then, I often have a circle loading for a long time, sometimes prohibiting me to even enter attendance for a day or so. IF I had tons of classes, I could rationalize this delay, but I don't ... I only have two classes, two days a week. The rest of the days, I only have one class a week.

Response from PushPress

Hey Amanda, I'm so glad our support team has been helpful! We think they're pretty awesome too. Thank you for the feedback as well, detailed responses like this are very helpful. I'll make sure and pass this information along. Thank you!

Rya Fouch

Amazing support & developers who are constantly trying to improve

Reviewed 2019-09-20

We can sell memberships and products. Otherwise I fell like reporting and tracking could be a whole lot better.

Pros
Customer support is awesome, and usually really quick to respond when a question arises.

Cons
Sometimes it just feels...clunky. Reports are typically kind of confusing and it's hard to get to the report you actually need. Member lists/counts don't usually feel accurate and it's hard to customize what customers you are actually trying to track. Setting up an in house lead, or new member is a slow clunky process, transitioning them from a lead to a member, is somewhat clunky. The process to change a members plan by canceling the existing plan is not the greatest since it shows as a canceled plan. 12x per month type memberships are set up bad for the first month since it allows that new member to check in 12 times within the first month, even if they sign up the last week of the month. Integration, product setup, & use of Store app is also clunky.

Response from PushPress

Hi Rya, thank you for the feedback! Our team is constantly striving to improve the user experience. One of the projects our developers are currently working on is more customization of reporting, so keep an eye out for those improvements. As always, if you're ever having trouble with a process, please reach out to the support team for guidance. They are pro's and always willing to share best practices. Thanks!

Brandon Eckel

Suuuuper easy to use

Reviewed 2019-09-17

Push press handles everything member management

Pros
Ease of use Simplicity Lacking clutter

Cons
Not found anything yet that I don’t like

Response from PushPress

Hey Brandon, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're really glad you're finding the system easy to use. You're busy enough without having to sift through a system that's cluttered, right? We agree!

Jonathan Meisner

BEST App I Recommend for CrossFit Gyms & Athletes

Reviewed 2019-05-10

I've been a user since 2014. It was great then, and has only continued to improve.

Pros
User interface is on point. Easy to like and comment on things that build community. Easy to customize for your gym. Backend usage is easy. LOVE IT.

Cons
Sometime, it can be slow to load. I'd also like to see the ability to make your results from a WOD private to other users - even at your gym. I realize it's a feature that almost seems counter-intuitive, but we've had a handful of times that would have been useful.

Eric Mitchell

PushPress Review

Reviewed 2019-09-10

We are able to work ease set up our processes for a better business. I have able to track the metrics each day/week/month to further grow my business.

Pros
I love the ease at which my PARISI can set up everything needed for customers. We can send out waivers, transaction requests as well as follow up in a timely fashion to anything our clients needs.

Cons
I would say nothing had even crossed my mind agony what is wrong with the software. I feel their is no weakness!

Response from PushPress

That's great to hear, Eric! With everything gym owners have going on, remembering to respond to clients can be a challenge. I'm glad we're able to help!

Justin Massey

Push Press Review

Reviewed 2019-09-16

Pros
I like the ease of use. Having used multiple member management services, Push Press has been the easiest to navigate and learn.

Cons
I wish there were more reporting features such as upcoming bills and upgrading memberships. As of now I need to delete a membership and then issue a new one. It would be easier to just have an upgrade feature.

Response from PushPress

Hey Justin, we're glad that you find the system easy to use! Our developers are working on some additional reporting features that will be released in the future, including more customization. Thank you for the feedback!

Maria Espalin

Get off the computer and back to work faster!

Reviewed 2019-05-03

Pushpress has exceeded my expectations in Customer Service. Quick to respond with solutions. There's no run around or inexperienced reps. Everyone I've dealt with is very polite and proactive to find you answers. Pushpress is easy to use, very user friendly, very organized. Thank you for a great product!

Pros
Pushpress organizes all my clients memberships, classes, events, sales of product, emails....I can link contact forms and registration pages to my Gym's website for easy payment processing. The Pushpress team works continually to update software. They accept recommendations on features and improvements, and work to make the Pushpress software work for you! They respond very quickly to questions, and provide videos of their answers, instead of simply directing you to "visit the customer forum to find an answer".

Cons
During one software update all my members' emergency contact info got imported to one of the other fields, and the only fix was manually going into each and correcting. But no info was LOST.

Jonathan Reyes

Best Management System Out There

Reviewed 2018-09-06

Push Press offers every major report you could ever find valuable. The dashboard has everything you need right away to do a quick check on what you need to know for the day. The check in in awesome letting you know who registers, who checked in and who didn't. Everything I can possibly want is in this system.

Pros
We have used two other big name management systems at our CrossFit gym. When we had the opportunity to try Push Press we took a chance because we did nit love our system at the time. Rep and his team have exceeded our expectations. The system they developed has thought of everything. Dan even met with me and my husband when we happened to be in the area of his gym and just talked about what we need and what could make the system better. The team is quick to respond with any question and that is super important to us. They are always finding ways to make our lives better and better.

Cons
I know that cons are valuable to help you improve, but I can honestly say I cannot think of one.

James Plata

PushPress has packaged a very powerful platform into a simple and easy to use solution.

Reviewed 2018-04-12

I've been able to remove myself from most of the day-to-day admin, since members can self-manage most of their issues through the apps. This has freed up hours from my day to devote to growing the business.

Pros
The simplicity. Once the system has been set up, there is very little maintenance that needs to be done with the software. Getting members into the system with a membership is fast and simple. This allows me to spend the time getting to the member, instead of doing admin for the member. It just works. I also love the dedicated apps. They take a load of my staff and there is less need to have a staff member managing a front desk. These apps make it easy for members to self manage scheduling, checking in to classes, and purchase. The overall look and feel of the system is elegant. It isn't cluttered like other management solutions (MBO, Wodify, etc). We've had nothing but compliments from our members since the switch!

Cons
I would like to see more controls on how to communicate with members and clients. I would like to be able to customize the messages on automated emails.

Cara Forrester

We just switched to PushPress and we love it!

Reviewed 2019-09-20

Pros
I like how easy it is to use. I love the daily update emails I get about transactions, birthdays, expired memberships etc. It were also so easy to switch from our old program to this new one.

Cons
There are still a few bugs to be figured out, but the customer support is so efficient and helpful that everything has been taken care of quickly.

Response from PushPress

Thanks, Cara! We're glad that you're enjoying your experience with PushPress. We look forward to continuing to exceed your expectations!

Jess Redfearn

Reviewed 2019-09-19

I appreciate being able to manage the gym when I'm not there. Keeping track of memberships and payments

Pros
I like the ease of using it. Anytime I have an issue the crew is always quick to help and fix it. I appreciate the cost. I have a small affiliate and the cost is affordable​.

Cons
I wish there was an app versus having to use the website. I would like to see ACH it has been promised for years with no follow-through. Cleaner landing page links During my busiest times I feel that my check-in process and the laptop​ is slow and it take a lot​ of time for it to load or it doesn't load and then I'm having people sign in on a piece of paper. This creates more work for me.

Response from PushPress

Thank you for the review, Jess! This type of feedback is always useful. We just spent some time working on a fix for the check-in app slowness, let the support team know if you're still experiencing difficulty. Also, ACH is currently live in beta...reach out to support to get into the next cohort. It will be open to everyone in the next 30 days. Thanks for your patience!

Gretchen Helt

Push Press

Reviewed 2019-05-03

We are a small fitness studio and the software is plenty robust for our needs. I imagine as we grow, we will grow into some of the other features this program has to offer. Billing, scheduling, website, member app, have all been fantastic for us so far.

Pros
Very intuitive. Handles all the functions that I need it to for our small fitness studio. Interface is clean, easy to navigate. The response time for any help or support is very quick too.

Cons
Nothing so far, still consider myself a newish user:)

Kara Carter

Awesome product, a few bugs

Reviewed 2019-05-04

Overall, the software is great and does everything we need it to do. The support staff is amazingly helpful and friendly. If I could change one thing, it would be giving businesses control over the emailing to its members.

Pros
This platform is super easy to use and understand. The apps and additional features are simple enough that we started taking advantage of them soon after we set up our membership billing side of things. Mainly, we use it for member billing, attendance and payroll tracking. But we've also begun to use the store and screens apps.

Cons
I'm not a fan of the auto-emailing and how we don't have control over what goes to who and when. Especially during migration (but even after), members get tons of unnecessary emails and it's pretty obnoxious. We've also run into other miscellaneous bugs and they often take awhile to hunt down and fix. Seems like the software is very popular and with all of the new apps being tested, issues don't get resolved for several days, maybe even weeks. Maybe just a shortage of manpower?

Response from PushPress

Thanks for taking the time to give us your honest feedback! We appreciate every review.

We agree with you about the emails - when we started we thought "less is more" and felt it was one less thing an owner had to spend time configuring. We still believe setting up all the emails is a lot of burden on an owner, but we've identified a better way to do this.

It's on the project board, and will be done soon, but we have some really big works in progress now that have to be completed as a prerequisite to this.