Outreach Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.47/10

Reviews by rating

What I love most is the ability to make quality drip campaigns, email sequencing that can be combined with phone and LinkedIn messaging, along with integrating with SFDC.
We moved across from Groove to Outreach and this was one of the best decisions we made. Outreach connects much better to other tools in our stack and the functionality is on another level.
In addition, ease of use is one of the most important things to understand the language of a program and I love the ease of use in Outreach.
Horrible Customer Service, if you value customer service, this is not the company for you.
NO integration with zapier - makes it difficult to integrate with my non-standard CRM package.
The interface is not user-friendly whatsoever. I have a hard time navigating aroud and i have been using the software for over a year.

Brittney M.

Account Executive

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Great for SDRS

Transcript

Brittney: Hi, I'm Brittney. I work as a Software Development Representative at a SAS company, and I give...

Florence B.

VP Marketing

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Made our SDRs way more productive

Transcript

Florence B: My name is Florence. I work in software as a service industry. I am a VP of Marketing, and...

Morgan T.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Outreach Multiplies Each of Your Employees by 10

The Outreach onboarding is rather extensive, and if you're a hands-on A type I don't necessarily think you'll get much out of the onboarding. I found doing it side by side a written article was my favorite approach to learning.

Pros

Outreach is a product that has blown me away. It's every Director and Manager's dream when it comes to sending e-mails and keeping up with annual engagement with customers of any lifecycle. From Sales to Customer Service to Marketing, Outreach can help every member on your team. For years I A/B tested e-mail subject lines and calculated this on an excel spreadsheet. Outreach does it for me. I have...

Cons

One improvement would be a better LinkedIn integration. I wish the Sales Navigator e-mails fed through in order to create a task in SalesForce just as an e-mail through OutReach does. There absolutely needs to be more personalizations (i.e. Dear {{first name}}, Hope you're having a great {{day_of_weeek}}). Which, this seems rather simple to code. Any real time data should be in there. Instead I have to do a long {{if/then}} that takes forever.

DavidLee M.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Outreach helps me Make more Money

I love it. Their customer service is great whenever I have questions and the product has paid for itself ten-fold.

Pros

I love how I can increase my intake and outtake with minimal effort on my end. Outreach allows automation in places that has saved me hundreds of hours since i've started using it.

Cons

There are a few simple things that the platform does not allow. One is a "Select-All" feature where you can also unselect some. Select-All is an all-or-nothing. If there are 500 things and 1 of them is missplaced. You have to figure out another way besides Select-All minus 1.

BT

Brenda T.

Use of Outreach and support

Tired of being lied to, ignored, and being told the issues are ours when they aren't. It's just one horrible mess after another. I get having growing pain for a company but your's seems to not be anywhere ready for widespread use! And learn to treat your customer's better. They are your bread and butter!

Pros

It's pretty easy to use and figure out. Not much help is needed to make it work.

Cons

Quality and support! Outreach experiences issues regularly. There's always something wrong with it. What's worse is when you put in a support ticket, they always give you some generic issue that its on the customer's side. That's not the case! You then later find out that they lied and are exeriencing an outage. Then you ask repeatedly for a call back because your manager is upset with them and they can't bother to do that! They won't even acknowledge your request!

Michael K.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Amazing software that immediately generates return on investment

Their customer success and new customer install team is AMAZINGLY good. It's a complex solution, but that is also its power. Any question I asked was answered immediately by whatever level of support was required.

Pros

Ability to setup complex user journey sequences for multiple personas, it's ease of setup and use, and that our inside sales team says they CANNOT work without this solution. We increased our rate of meetings set immediately and already have generated enough revenue to pay for the system many times over. It is not the cheapest solution out there, but you get what you pay for.

Cons

The reporting could be more robust, but we pipe all the data in SFDC and use the reporting tools there.

Tanice D.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Best Sales software I have ever encountered

Pros

What I like the most about this software is how engaging and User friendly it is. The software is clear and concise which allows greater ease of use especially now, due to the restrictions of the Covid 19 Pandemic, and most things now being mostly online. This software provides "from a pin to an anchor" where sales is concerned. If you are in sales, this software is the best solution for you to move forward with your company and a greater way to maximize generated profit.

Cons

What I least enjoyed about this software is can be very time consuming getting to know the various aspect of it.

Jordan R.

The best of the best

I LOVED outreach while we used it. We ended up switching to Mailshake because it sufficed for our use-case without the hefty costs. But Outreach is the far superior tool.

Pros

If you need the best of the best when it comes to email automation / sales email prospecting / personalization in bulk... This is IT. Definitely. This is absolutely not the cheapest tool, but if value is more of a concern to you than price, this is it.

Cons

It's not the cheapest software out there, so email automation needs to be critical for your business. If it is, don't hesitate. If it's just an every-once-in-a-while thing, then Mailshake, or others like it, are good products too.

Abhinav S.

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Outreach solves your purpose of everything related to Sales activities and reachout

It has been a great experience working on outreach when you can schedule you tasks and tracks reports accurately

Pros

1. Ease of usage 2. Loads of features 3. Scheduling of tasks 4. Inbuilt phone calls 5. Automation scheduling of emails

Cons

1. Phone numbers not available for APAC region 2. Impossible to opt in any of the opt out contact so you have to manually send emails directly through gmail to all opt out contacts

Lisa T.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Does what it should and relatively easy to set up with a little support

Support and experience has been good (although a little challenging at first). Definitely worth putting the time in to get set up properly!

Pros

It took a while to get this properly set-up so it was working for us and not the other way around. Coming from Salesloft, we were able to set things up in a very similar away. We were able to map the key fields to Salesforce and the automation and rules are flexible enough for it to work well for our team of 10 SDR's.

Cons

Although many fields map to Salesforce, things like "snooze date" and calendar appointment dates don't map over. Although it's not a deal breaker, it means that the SDR team (as well as the SDR manager) have to go back and forth between systems to manage and report on these pieces.

Jorgen P.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Decent sales and email automation tool

Outreach cut down significantly on the amount of emails we sent manually after taking the investment to get it integrated with our tools.

Pros

Outreach has really powerful automation "sequences" for sending emails out to leads. It also includes powerful custom fields.

Cons

Their API has a lot of overhead and oddities, making it difficult to get up and running with a custom integration. No HTML signatures

James L.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Wouldn't want to do my job without Outreach!

Outreach has made my sales development life so much easier. I know there are other similar tools available, but from what I hear about them, I'm glad I get to use Outreach.

Pros

I really enjoy being able to access Outreach in multiple channels--from my inbox, browser tab, or within Salesforce. It makes my life a lot easier.

Cons

An update a few months ago made the process of accessing recorded calls much more difficult to access. They're still there, but you have to go through more steps to review calls.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Pipeline Management and Customer Outreach

This was a very effective tool for email marketing and customer outreach campaigns, well-suited for selling on the mid-market segment and above. It can be integrated with Salesforce which is essential.

Pros

I managed this software as the admin, and what i really about this software is that their customer experience team is very helpful and professional. They were very helpful in making sure we can customize to fit what we need as much as possible.

Cons

This is an overall great software for customer outreach, however, the sales process that this is designed towards is for account-based selling and not transactional (like our market -SMB).

CM

Carrie M.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Unlimited options help sales teams succeed.

Outreach has helped us overcome several daily challenges related to the necessity to use many apps for a single task. Outreach allows us to manage marketing operations and respond to consumer demands in one platform, and its reports let us evaluate our performance and find ways to improve.

Pros

Since Outreach connects effortlessly with our CRM system, we can design it to fit our work. Outreach makes it easy to import and export data and contacts, send promotional materials, demos, announcements, videos, and voice messages to contact lists via email, text, and social media, and receive customer responses and inquiries, directing them to team members by specialization. Outreach's collaborative capabilities and ready-made templates allow all team members to engage. I also like Outreach's organized data and reporting records.

Cons

I've been using Outreach for a while, and it's virtually perfect. I only have a problem with member-removed contacts, which are entirely deleted from the system and I don't need again. To easily restore deleted contacts, I would like to find an archive.

PC

Pooja C.

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great Prospect Management Tool

Eventhough UI is not simple yet once learnt, it's a great tool to manage all email cadences and managing the Prospects/ Leads and Campaign

Pros

Great Sales Cadence for effective Lead Management Detailed Email Analytics for Campaign Management

Cons

Inability to integrate with Google Sheets and only allows upload thru CSV Takes time for User to familiarize themselves with the Tool UI

JW

Jared W.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Great product minus a few quirks

It helps save me so much time as it allows me to have more consistent and strategic follow up and to have those followups take place in the background while I get other work done. The email tracking and seeing opens/clicks is amazing and one of the most useful features. I know who is reading my emails, who just isn't responding, and who is ignoring me. I love Outreach, and if a few annoying things could get fixed I'd give it a 10/10.

Pros

It simplifies my life big time! Great for follow up, great for keeping track of tasks, great for strategically contacting people without having to manually type out thousands of emails. Snippets/Templates are awesome and Sequencing saves my life everyday.

Cons

Sometimes it simply doesn't act as I'd expect it to. The variables don't always populate correctly so I'm very nervous about putting them in auto sequences. Other times my panel on the right-hand side where I write emails doesn't act how I want it or tasks don't show up as expected. Then there are a few quirks with prospect stages that drive me crazy and sometimes cause me more work than it should.

JH

Jim H.

Seamless prospecting tool with a 1-to-1 alignment with CRM

Pros

Being able to prospect, contact prospects, and manage accounts and pipeline all in one solution. Having the integration with Salesforce allows for efficiency and seamless workflows within the sales organization.

Cons

Not having the ability to record calls and have conversation intelligence created a need for an additional solution that was a significant cost to the organization.

YS

Yael S.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Live in Outreach for my day to day prospect management and outreach

Overall, Outreach helps streamline my day to day outreach, gives me great tools for building and executing messaging, and allows for visibility across our team and sales org.

Pros

Task management and sending emails / completing tasks from the platform is extremely helpful. I know exactly where to start each day. The Salesforce integration is also extremely helpful.

Cons

Unfortunately our Salesforce integration is not always optimal and syncing sometimes fails (so some leads show in different stages on Outreach vs. Salesforce). Additionally, it is sometimes hard to filter and build lists based on specific criteria and I need to do this in Salesforce and then manually select the prospects I want to reach out to in Outreach.

Hi Yael, thanks for your great review and feedback! We'll be sure to flag this for our product team regarding ease of use with building prospect lists. If you haven't already, you can also reach out to your Outreach CSM to see if there are some creative solutions to help in the meantime!

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Outreach your Prospects

My SDR team at first was hesitant but now loves the workflows. Seem to be booking more demos now.

Pros

Use of use and easy integration with Salesforce. Separate prospects and Accounts Awesome reporting tools KPI made easy

Cons

No Voice mail drop Difficulty with incoming calls Support takes forever to get back to you

BC

Bryan C.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Horrible Customer Service

Annoying to setup, difficult to train team to use extremely well, but the very WORSE part about it is how horrible their customer support and their Billing department is. They will randomly send invoices with literally no explanation. After responding to their team it will take often days to get a response on the invoices. Their overall support system is a complete nightmare and I would avoid this software solely because of that.

Pros

Outreach helped our SDR team more effectively call new prospects, however, it isn't easy to setup and it isn't easy for new SDRs to learn.

Cons

Hard to learn which caused SDRs to make simple, but not obvious mistakes because of the software's design. Once they learned the system it did work fairly well. The customer support is absolutely horrible though so good luck getting setup and figuring it out yourself. You are better off finding other software.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Task Management Tool for SDRs

Overall, solid tool that allows you to reach your sales and marketing goals. It is a great tool for Sales Development teams that keeps them on top of their tasks all in one platform.

Pros

Outreach is a great tool for organizing sales and marketing tasks. With its ability to send out mass or personalized emails, make phone calls, and organize daily tasks, this platform can accomplish a lot. The 360-degree view of your tasks makes it easy to stay on top of your goals.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to configure or personalize the 360 view page. While it provides a lot of good insight into my tasks and updates, it would be nice to filter out some of the less prioritized panels.

AW

Andrew W.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Makes my job 2x easier than not having it

I automate my prospecting and follow-up efforts through Outreach. Whether it's queuing up sequences, using templates, snippets, or the calendar scheduling link, I've found Outreach extremely valuable.

Pros

I love that Outreach has built a level of automation that allows me to speed up my workflow and make manual tasks into something I no longer waste time on. It's 2x easier to do my job with Outreach than without it.

Cons

I've run into a couple things that can be frustrating when it comes to scheduling when emails send out, but other than this, Outreach has been perfect for my needs.

JR

Josh R.

Excellent Email Tool

Pros

I love how simple it is to create and edit the sequences. As a sales person who sends a lot of outbound emails, it's very important to have a tool that makes it as simple as possible to create new sequences and Outreach is the best there is.

Cons

Sometimes when you go to put a lead in another sequence, it won't allow you to do so for several hours if they have already been put in a sequence. I wish that you didn't have to wait as long between the two. For example, right when a new lead comes in, we have an automated email that is kicked out to them. After that email is sent, I have to wait several hours before putting them in another sequence to get them scheduled. There needs to be shorter wait time between the two.

LL

Liam L.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Above average sales engagement but could use a few fixes.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. Integrates well with Salesforce.

Cons

The send later feature on email frequently does not work. Also tends to freeze up a lot when doing email tasks.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Probably the most frustrating software I've ever used

Pros

Sequences are good, however this can be achieved with most CRM's these days. Call task lists work well, but you need to tag everything before being able to filter between tasks.

Cons

The software basically stopped working about 1-2 weeks ago. We can no longer change owners of leads, add tags, set up filters. We've tried on multiple devices, with multiple team members, but nothing. I've been told there's no date when this will be fixed, so we have an unusable CRM. I've raised tickets in the past which on average took about 1-2 weeks for a response, but I thought urgent issues would be resolved. The support staff are nice when you get a hold of them, but this is the straw that broke the camel's back. Save yourself the stress and find a different CRM.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Outreach is great if used with integrations

Outreach is core to my outbound sales process. I also use the calendaring feature to have people book time on my calendar.

Pros

I like outreach's ability to connect to Linkedin inMail and Vidyard - definitely use Outreach in tandem with other solutions to drive results. You'll hit a ceiling just using sequences.

Cons

There are a lot of features and it can be overwhelming at first. You're going to need a lot of enablement and training for the sales team to adopt.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Very powerful software for outbound sales teams

We use Outreach for all sales activities. Emails, tasks, sequences, booking meetings, calls. It became our main tool for outbound sales. You can do everything in one place, we have it integrated with Salesforce, so currently we use SF more as a database. As I previously mentioned, Outreach is designed to save your time, our sales process has never been so efficient.

Pros

Outreach is very powerful tool. What I like the most is the functionality of the software. All outbound sales activities can be done from Outreach. Before using Outreach we worked by having tasks on Salesforce, we had a list of tasks and we did everyday sales activities by completing tasks in that list. Currently, we do everything from Outreach it is much more time efficient, we save a lot of time and we can contact more people per day. Outreach is designed to save time of sales people.

Cons

At first it was not very intuitive but such powerful software can never be super easy to use because it has a lot of various functions and customizations. Also, a price is quite high, so it's not easily affordable for smaller sales teams.