Jamf Pro Reviews

Jamf Pro

Apple device management & security for IT professionals

Jamf Pro

Once you get training the tool is easier to maneuver around. Need more features to work properly.

Pros

Ease of management. The ability to quickly assign a device and get it deployed into the environment is very beneficial to the overall experience of deploying Macs.

Cons

Cannot time config profiles. when you change a profile you can effect all users. this is challenging when you need to make a change.

This product works and so far hasn't let me down

Pros

I can introduce new things to my clients that they didn't have the access to before Once we get this fully implemented I think it will work well.

Cons

Nothing yet I thinks it works for what it says it does. I think trying to find the best ways to implement this in our business has been the hardest part but after that it has been easy

Easy to set up and implement. Powerful tools to manage your assets.

Pros

we have a small team using a few of our laptops out on jobs and despite the companies warning some of the employees leave the laptops in their cars while they run to lunch or whatnot. Which leads me to love the feature of being about to lock and wipe the computer of sensitive data remotely. It just brings a real peice of mind to have that tool over our companies assets.

Cons

Though it's easy to implement, the instructions could use a little work. It took our tech savy team an hour or so to really get a handle of all the tools available, which is totally reasonable to learn a new program, but it was a lot of trial and error. It could have gone even faster.

Best software to manage Apple products

Pros

Being able to fully deploy over 80 machines from home is amazing. I never had to visit the building I deployed the macs to, which was in a completely different state.

Cons

The onboarding process is tedious and took longer than I expected. Apple for some reason made this process harder than it needs to.

It’s easy enough that I could figure it out

Pros

It was an easy software to use. It had enough features that I didn’t feel like I was going to be missing anything that the other software had.

Cons

The FAQ page, which is how I normally find out whatever it is I am doing wrong was not as helpful as it could have been. Add a search feature that really sorts through or something.

Great tool to get a grasp of our IT.

Pros

I love how this software helps us manage all of our devices and keeps a great inventory of what devices are deployed and on hand. It also is really great at getting a user setup quickly.

Cons

I don't like how it can take a little while before really understanding your way around the program.

Could not complain

Pros

The software enables time saving as tasks can be done remotely and this can save me hours The remote features make it a cost saver

Cons

The system was still new to us and quite tricky but after a bit of practise we have the software done and ready to use constantly

easy to use and implement for my macs

Pros

Easy to use from the trainings I have sat through. I do not generally use MDM for Apple products but I am confident JAMF is a great solution for any user that wants to centrally manage their Apple products. I'm excited to begin pitching this to our customers!

Cons

Everything you need to take care of .

Pros

Easy to use, fantastic support, amazing community. Actually having a great amount of folks that truly know the Apple community is invaluable.

Cons

The only thing I can think of that is wrong in any way with Jamf is the price, because, despite it being worth it, it's still a bit high for some customers.

It makes managing iPads so much easier.

Controlling the iPads

Pros

I can push the apps to each grade or class setup. Good program. Easy to use. Teachers love that I can quickly give them an app.

Cons

Still learning. There is a lot to learn. It's sometimes confusing on finding things. It's confusing sometimes.

best of breed for managing Macs

ability to implement a full management of our Macs

Pros

Combination of MDM and agent-based commands and setups and profiles. Easy to use user interface SCEP proxy functionality

Cons

adoption time to macOS changes (SKEL support for 10.13.2 took to long) The requirement to use SMB between JSS server and distribution point

Jamf Pro Rocks

Pros

Very powerful/flexible, fantastic customer support, zero-day Apple support, and regularly push the boundaries in terms of what Apple devices can do.

Cons

The Dean Memoji and the fact that the legacy API is a little inconsistent. The new Jamf Pro API is great though.

Fit everywhere

Pros

Easy to teach and provide to different levels of experience. Perfect for audit reasons very self explained,

Cons

Save button on the right top (always forget to click on this) would be better to place in a different location

Excellent Program

Pros

The ease of use and accessibility to the program.

Cons

I have not found any issues with Jamf Pro yet.

Jamf Pro comments

We are new to Jamf at Turner USD 202 this year. The learning curve has been remarkably slight.

Pros

It is easy to learn, creating profiles was rather self-explanatory.

Cons

Lacking the ability to customize/create your own reports.

Powerful tool for IT administration across a large workforce

Pros

Easy background installs of OS updates, software packages, and antivirus updates that's transparent to most users.

Cons

For developers, it often interferes with basic developer tools and can severely slow down things like package managers.

new just started reviewed product ready to begin

complete ease of use for customers

Pros

our customer experience ease of use for them the ability to install patches updates and software with out having to call it

The Best MDM for macOS & iOS

Pros

Couldn't run the business without Jamf Pro. Love it.

Cons

Initially setting it up was a little tricky but with the support we got, it was all ok.

This product does a LOT. I love that it's not bloatware, but there's still more UI work to do.

Pros

The most important things I need to do (for my users to be successful (with minimal manual intervention) to manage a macOS or iOS device are nearly all implemented as core functionality.

Cons

Practically everything I want to do takes a lot of clicks, and very little is intuitive or standardized in the Web interface. Some options don't exist for logic ("if not" or "like" is inconsistent), and the "Done" button is just one more click. Very few intuitive choices such as "Save and repeat" are available.

Easy to use a newbie

Pros

Set up 1-1 iPads for our students who are ages 4-9. The end user needs to be able to go right at the start of the school year.

Cons

It's a great program, makes deployment easier.

Pros

Super easy to use, makes Apple TV deployment super easy. The integration with DEP and all that fun stuff is pretty awesome.

Cons

PM for the mac@IBM program

Pros

At IBM we have used this software to manage or program. The software has given us the ability for us to deploy and manage Mac and get immediate info on Macs

Cons

As a user of the software I don't have direct knowledge of some of the features that we need to enhance our experience I know we are working together to enhance

makes macos management easy

Overall I like it. We don't have a vendor neutral RMM suite so our Macs had no central config\management.

Pros

I love that this allows us to provide a seamless, easy experience for our macOS users. Admin side UI is easy to learn, and offers a lot of functionality for both global deployments or one-offs.

Cons

Sometimes devices take a long time to check in. Most deployments bare rapid but there always seems to be a small percentage of devices that take a day or two to grab the changes.

Jamf love

Pros

I love the ease of use and support and Knowledge.

Cons

None at this moment, we are running Development currently.

Slow start but a decent product

Tech Support was pretty responsive in resolving an issue we had with user-enrolled devices

Pros

Cloud option is convenient and functional Advanced queries and very configurable dashboard Fairly extensive reporting functions

Cons

Steep learning curve: they are improving their docs but there's still some holes. Also some of the documentation refers to older products User-enrolled devices have a number of control limitations vs DEP devices (This is a limitation imposed by Apple)