Wufoo Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.27/10

Reviews by rating

I really like Wufoo as opposed to some of the other survey options because it is super easy drag and drop type set up, very intuitive, I can add in a direction video, and it looks really good.
We use it for our donation portal and we have integrated it to stripe and our donors have found the platform super easy to use.
Does not integrate with existing frameworks and drag and drop widgets on page content blocks so requires customization.
This platform is severely outdated--both in functionality and looks.
Originally our content management system had a very weak form manager.

Sonja J.

Customer Success Rep

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Sonia. I'm a customer support lead for a meal delivery company, and I would...

Tim Z.

Associate Pastor

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Wufoo is easy, customizable, and efficient

Transcript

Tim Z.: Hi, my name is Tim. I am an associate pastor in a church ministry, and I would give Wufoo five...

Brian L.

Sporting Goods, 201-500 employees

WuFoo makes it simple to collect data through our website and then quickly access the results.

Pros

- Makes it easy to run promotions & collect data through our Website and Social Media channels. - Integration to Google Sheets is awesome, results are published instantaneously. - Forms are easy to create. - Website is intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

- When integrating into our site it takes some work in CSS to make forms look consistent with the rest of our site.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

User Friendly Form Builder with Payment Options

Overall I enjoy using this form, and currently have 6 forms I use annually, which are easy to update each year. I would only suggest a better method for the customization piece with links and field inserts.

Pros

This form builder integrates nicely into websites, or can be used as a standalone page linked from somewhere else. The pre-made fields accommodate all of general items users may want to put on a form page and offer various options in each pre-made field. I appreciate that you can add payment integration. If you are trying to build a more complex form, the field, page, and form rules work well - however you need to see that you access those from the main form page, not on the form itself. It takes some getting used to, but these options allow customization for taking the form user in different ways depending on their answers. You can also easily export your answers to Excel or other options to review.

Cons

Within the text boxes you can create, it is somewhat more difficult to add links or customize email responses with the users name, etc. than with other websites I use. You need to use templating tags with an API Key, which I hadn't heard of before using this website. I did figure it out, but in other websites I've used, you just select the field name. Adding links to text also isn't as simple as selecting the text and clicking an add hyperlink button. I figured out how to do it, then I just copy and paste the coding to create a new link. I'm not sure where the instructions are to tell you how to create a link.

MS

Mikhail S.

Utilities, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Worthless will steal your money even after cancelling

Started using Wufoo in 2014 on the recommendation of an acquaintance, they auto-billed me and even raised the amount through the years without notifying me (not sure how that's legal but it happened), first time I tried canceling the services was in Dec 2019, sent them an email and nothing, I forgot about it until I saw the auto-renewal charge in December of 2021, this time I went onto the site and...

Pros

Nothing, Google forms offers these services for free.

Cons

Auto billing, and continuing to do so after numerous attempts to cancel the service

ER

Erin R.

Music, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Great for smaller projects

Wufoo was a great way to move our event registration from paper to online back in 2007. We went from an average of 50 to 150 participants and happily used Wufoo for 11 years.

Pros

Easy to use with no programming experience, very customizeable, and great value for the money, with several levels of service depending on your usage. I was always impressed with how friendly the help desk staff were. You can customize the template of your forms, you can set rules, set up payment integration. . . The tone of all the samples and templates is lighthearted, so it feels fun to get work done.

Cons

Ultimately, I switched to something more robust when our need grew, but it was great for over 11 years.

AK

Aaron K.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

An inexpensive easy way to gather informtaion

Pros

This tool gets the job done. I like how easy it is to create new forms, to manage users and categories. There are several options available when creating forms. The forms can be shared by a link or be embedded directly into another website, which makes gathering data very convenient. I also like the notifications that are available when a form has been submitted.

Cons

The reporting isn't as intuitive as I would like it to be. For best results, have your data get pushed into a Google Sheet or other platform where it can be viewed and analyzed in a better format.

Tim Z.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Wufoo is easy, customizable, and efficient

It's been great for us. I put something down for what I like least but I really just work around that and we love using Wufoo.

Pros

I love we can set forms up to be used by computers, tablets, and phones. This has saved me from making simple sign up sheets all the way to full registration for events and retreats. I love its flexibility, and templates. it's drop and drag design is intuitive and very user-friendly. The reports are also great and easy to customize. You can sort data and export. we love it. I also appreciate the ability to pay by month, so if you have a large event where the free version won't be sufficient you can pay for a month or two and then go back to the free version, while saving all of your data.

Cons

the limitation of how many fields you can use on the form I guess.

Stan Y.

Publishing, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

WuFoo makes forms/surveys easy and highly customizable

We use WuFoo for forms/surveys for our company and marketing sites that do not have a form tool built into them, and it works great. I've also used it for stand-alone forms/surveys that are quick and easy to set up. The display options are much more detailed and rich than SurveyMonkey, as are the reporting and logic features. It's my go-to tool for forms and surveys, for small ones to major projects.

Pros

WuFoo has a ton of features and capabilities built into it's form and reporting tools, allowing you to quickly create and format forms/surveys...including customized confirmations, responses, pages, logic, and looks. Plus it has a ton of plug-ins to help you connect to other systems and software.

Cons

Online documentation and regular blogging is pretty good, but email support can be spotty and slow.

Michael K.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Very positive! Fantastic form builder!

Powerful form building.

Pros

Wufoo creates an incredible system to build great forms with a lot of functionality. The ability to download the form as HTML is very helpful and I use it a lot!

Cons

Deleting a field is ridiculously complicated. I should not have to type "DELETE ME" to delete a field.

NS

Nicholas S.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

WuFoo is a great form tool!

I love it - we use it all the time!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and develop and design new forms. The features of WuFoo make it really easy to capture small and large amounts of data and work with it easily.

Cons

There are limitations with the number of rules and options that are sometimes limiting.

Andrew M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Wufoo: Easiest solution for forms

I really enjoy using Wufoo. I trust it to just work. I started using it instead of buggy Wordpress forms, and it is reliable and consistent.

Pros

I love the UI. Wufoo has the most intuitive UI and is just easy to use.

Cons

The restriction of 3 forms on the free plan is the only detraction from this product.You also need to be mindful to manually setup form completion notifications.

SB

Sue B.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

The best online form builder available, Wufoo makes form creation quick and easy to accomplish.

Pros

Wufoo is extremely easy to use. Drag and drop fields to create a form in minutes. We have been using Wufoo forms for a variety of purposes including orders, approvals, acknowledgements, applications, subscriptions and much more. Wufoo continues to enhance and improve their online product, adding new features and functions regularly. Distribution, notifications, and sharing are easy to implement...

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Create forms that work seamlessly on your own website

Before I used Wufoo, all the forms I needed to create lived on third party sites and that means I had to not only build the forms but also design the overall look of the pages the forms lived on to try to match our overall look. Most of these third part sites don't have the ability to achieve the exact look or it would be too time consuming to do so there is a compromise and always the extra step and clunkiness of moving to another site in order to use them. With the simple embed code that Wufoo provides for each form, adding forms to any web page becomes an easy task. The result is a more professional, better looking and easier to use experience for everyone involved.

Pros

The best thing and main reason I use Wufoo is to have form data collecting ability embedded directly on my web pages so the experience is seamless to users. Without having to code everything yourself, you can have forms with multiple kinds of customized reporting available very easily and instead of making users link to an obviously third party webpage, you can let them stay on the same page so it cuts down on steps and enforces your own brand. Forms are very easy and intuitive to build and use.

Cons

While this software is great for making simple forms look great within existing web pages, it does not have the power needed for more complex forms with a lot of logic and options involved. Because of this, Wufoo cannot be the only solution to our web form needs and we still need other products to accomplish the more complicated tasks.

GL

Greg L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Gets the Job Done. Nothing Sexy About it.

Wufoo does a good job of creating registration forms for out events that also capture data that we can then import directly into our database using a webhook. So on the backend it's great. But on the front end, it pales in comparison to a sexier event based ticketing platform like eventbrite or even brown paper tickets. Wish they would make it more aesthetic and give it a few bells and whistles on the front end for the consumer's sake.

Pros

It captures the data we are looking for and it imports it into our database that we use. And it easily links with authorize.net, which we use for receiving payment

Cons

It doesn't look very pretty and it's difficult to add an image to the intake form.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Wufoo Review

Wufoo is helpful for creating any type of form in which you want someone to enter some type of information. Terms of service, agreements, anything like that its great.

Pros

Very convenient tool for making all different types of forms. It's relatively easy to use, and we've made forms for employee of the month, to terms of agreements, and so on using it.

Cons

Some features can be a little difficult to use, but once you get the hang of it its not too bad. Wish they had more design features to give the forms more ways to look better.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Wufoo Review

Wufoo has helped our department tremendously by saving time on both our end and the requesters end. We now have a streamlined process for our requesters to submit the form electronically and we receive it instantaneously. We can then take the steps we need to address the request and get going on the project instead of sending a paper form via email, having the requester fill it out, scan it, and send it to use via email or fill it out and send via mail. Now our forms are stored electronically and easy to access!

Pros

Wufoo has helped streamline our training request process. We now have our employees submit electronic forms for training requests created in Wufoo instead of paper copies. Using Wufoo to create our forms was quick and easy and now they are submitted online instead of scanned and sent through the mail or email.

Cons

Wufoo was easy to use and took very little time to set up the form. There are no cons to this software.

RC

Richard C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Professional and Inexpensive

Very good, makes like easier for myself, my customers and my staff

Pros

Its easy to create professional forms and questionnaires and its cheap as chips. We use wufoo forms to get clients details when they purchase a product.

Cons

Nothing not to like, really i cant think of a single thing not to like and im not going to just make something up, it does what it says and is easy to use and cheap, whats not to like?

Wufoo for contact forms is great

Pros

We had a lot of emails going into the spam folder from our contact forms and wufoo fixed this for us. We also like that the emails are stored right within our account as well.

Cons

The form set up process is pretty simple. Once this is done, you really don't need to log into your account again until setting a new one up. Pricing is something that we would like to see lower as a result of this.

JG

Jacqui G.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

A great one stop shop for registration, info gathering, and documentation

Overall love it and was so happy when it was introduced to me, use it for registration, documentation gathering, and coordination.

Pros

Working with a student interface and having to coordinate all levels of a competitive event, WuFoo allows for all items of the event to be in one place. The functionality of this data dashboard is exactly what is needed when you need several levels and several requirements of an event. Having payment function, document uploading, and forms it really is a one stop shop.

Cons

Some of the customization isn't the easiest, and the text and fields can be a little generic, so the options are sometimes either too many instructions or clunky side comments, so its not always the prettiest.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

We Love Wufoo

Pros

Wufoo is a responsive company that listens to it's customers. The wufoo product has only gotten better and better, and is easy to use, infinitely customizable, and integrates with almost anything.

Cons

I can't come up with anything that I dislike about Wufoo - the product is that awesome, actually. :)

DS

Danielle S.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Review of Wufoo

Pros

We like to use it to create forms that collect payment. We have found this software to be one of the easiest to use for that specific purpose. It is easy to create the form and connect a payment collection method to the form like Stripe. It's also great that you can link payment to a specific item on the form as well.

Cons

It can be a little awkward to use sometimes as you cannot highlight or bold any words in the description fields, there isn't a specific field that you can add just for general information that you might want in the form, and the various methods like drop down menu, radio button, etc might not match with your needs.

RR

Richie R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Wufoo keeps us Organized

We use Wufoo to process online registrations for many of our events. Having an online presence to register for events give credibility and accessibility to our organization throughout the week, even when our doors aren't open. I love the the process of customizing confirmation emails - it's crisp, professional and furthers our organizational goals.

Pros

I love how Wufoo is so customizable - it's not just a standard form that is filled out online. You're able to communicate your organizational culture through the adaptability and customizable nature of the form.

Cons

I don't have a negative comment about Wufoo - it's been a lifesaver for our organization for processing online registrations.

TA

Tara A.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Cost Effective & Easy Way to Create Forms on the Fly

Overall, Wufoo is a great deal for the price. There's a lot of features in the free and low-tier options which is great because it can grow as you grow. It's easy to distribute links to others and I love the nicely formatted response/reply emails I get as well.

Pros

Ease of use. Lots of question types and formats to choose from. Pretty easy for a beginner to get this set up and working in less than an hour. It might not have all the bells and whistles of similar products, but it's great for just getting the information you need quickly and easily.

Cons

Support used to be outstanding, however now it's not available from what I can tell. They are not very generous with their free version. I would recommend it to more people if not for this. The interface can be slow to respond and update.

KS

Kenji S.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that you can create a Wolfle for just about anything. You can also use it to take surveys

Cons

What I least like about this software Is that every department here likes to create their own wufoos

Sporting Goods, 501-1,000 employees

Great at What it Offers

We use Wufoo to host customer satisfaction surveys and suggestion box forms on our site. We have received countless amounts of actionable information based on the wufoo forms we use.

Pros

We use Wufoo to host surveys and forms on our site for our customers to fill out. It is very nice how quickly we can have an idea for a change to a survey or a new form and get this live on our site.

Cons

Wufoo is not the most front end customizable tool that we use. The look and feel of many of our forms and surveys is pretty bare. It would be nice to have some more creative control over this.

SJ

Sonja J.

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Wufoo Review

I love using Wufoo. It's the easiest and most convenient software I currently use on a weekly basis. I update surveys every week and it is a breeze! So many features and SO user friendly. Thank you Wufoo!

Pros

It is so easy to edit and update the surveys from week to week. I love this feature and it makes my work-life so much easier!

Cons

I honestly have no complaints. It is so easy to use. Maybe one suggestion would be to update the login and overall look of the website, it might be a little dated in appearance.