Wufoo Reviews

4.46/5 (148 reviews)

Ken Lawrence

Above & Beyond Support Thanks Wufoo

Reviewed 2018-03-31

Ease of use, Simple to Embed on a Website, Simple to customize. Love the intergrations

Pros
How many times have you come across a software product where the only method of support is via email and groaned. Or in another instance reached out to a support team of a product only to get the feeling from the support person that they either were not taking you seriously or were defensive about thier product. We have been using Wufoo forms for the last seven years and in all of that time we have never had any techinical issue with any of the forms or excellent intergrations that they offer. That is to say at least we didn't until just recently. I won't bore you with the technical details of the issue other then to say some of our cleints could not access the forms. To make matters worse I we discovered the issue late on a Thursday before a four day holiday weekend. I knew from past support tickets that thier support desk was limited during holidays and on weekends. So I pushed the ticket thru not expecting anything until Monday, And also by chance late in the evening I shot them a message on Facebook Messenger. Much to my amazement I got an almost imeditate response. Not only did they take my issue seriously but they listened to what I had told them and advised that this advice helped to narrow down the underlying problem that had just cropped up in thier system. Not only did the fix the issue in a timely manner but they followed up several times of the next few days to ensure it stayed fixed. One could not hope for a better partner!!!

Cons
I do not have a lot of cons about the product but could use more sort features when you have a lot of forms.

User Friendly Form Builder with Payment Options

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-12-14

Overall I enjoy using this form, and currently have 6 forms I use annually, which are easy to update each year. I would only suggest a better method for the customization piece with links and field inserts.

Pros
This form builder integrates nicely into websites, or can be used as a standalone page linked from somewhere else. The pre-made fields accommodate all of general items users may want to put on a form page and offer various options in each pre-made field. I appreciate that you can add payment integration. If you are trying to build a more complex form, the field, page, and form rules work well - however you need to see that you access those from the main form page, not on the form itself. It takes some getting used to, but these options allow customization for taking the form user in different ways depending on their answers. You can also easily export your answers to Excel or other options to review.

Cons
Within the text boxes you can create, it is somewhat more difficult to add links or customize email responses with the users name, etc. than with other websites I use. You need to use templating tags with an API Key, which I hadn't heard of before using this website. I did figure it out, but in other websites I've used, you just select the field name. Adding links to text also isn't as simple as selecting the text and clicking an add hyperlink button. I figured out how to do it, then I just copy and paste the coding to create a new link. I'm not sure where the instructions are to tell you how to create a link.

Sinoun Chea

Great solution for smart forms

Reviewed 2018-12-18

Pros
I've been using Wufoo for so long that I have hundreds of forms under my account. I love Wufoo because they make it super easy to create simple and smart/complex forms. The ease of use is perhaps my favorite thing about Wufoo. Also, their customer service is TOP NOTCH. I get responses within a couple of hours most of the time if I ever need anything. This makes a world of difference when you have clients waiting on a reply. I really appreciate that about Wufoo!

Cons
What I like least is the hideous default form look. They haven't changed the default look for years and it looks VERY dated. You have to always style the forms if you don't want to have a form that looks like it was from 15 years ago. Once you style, it's awesome and beautiful, but it's too bad that Wufoo doesn't take interface and design very seriously. Wufoo brand and site also looks like it targets children. Also, Wufoo isn't cheap, but it's about comparable to other solutions so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Anonymous

Still a great survey tool

Reviewed 2019-09-30

Fast surveys of employees and faculty. Secure and anonymous surveys possible for sensitive topics.

Pros
We have used this for several years now and we still consider this as one of the best survey tools on the market. Every now and then we start looking into all the new and coming survey companies that pop up but this one still wins.

Cons
wish they would make it easier to integrate into a SIS. Some of their API information is very complicated.

Susan Barnes

We use Wufoo forms to manage our orders for services and subscriptions for our online software.

Reviewed 2017-12-12

Wufoo is always updating and improving their product.

Pros
Wufoo forms are easy to build and easy for the end user to complete and submit. Since we use Wufoo forms to manage our incoming orders for services, it is very beneficial that each submission is sequentially numbered. This allow us to easily track and process orders through our CRM. Wufoo has many features including notifications, payments, custom templates, etc. These features allow us to brand the forms we create in Wufoo, connect the purchaser to the payment portal through the form, and keep various department members on top of incoming orders and subscriptions. Using Wufoo forms to fill a need in our department has freed up our developers to work on more pertinent and profitable projects. The Wufoo online software functions so well that I've never had to contact technical support with a problem.

Sue Barnes

The best online form builder available, Wufoo makes form creation quick and easy to accomplish.

Reviewed 2018-02-09

Pros
Wufoo is extremely easy to use. Drag and drop fields to create a form in minutes. We have been using Wufoo forms for a variety of purposes including orders, approvals, acknowledgements, applications, subscriptions and much more. Wufoo continues to enhance and improve their online product, adding new features and functions regularly. Distribution, notifications, and sharing are easy to implement and options are extensive. We distribute forms by links through email and embedding the Wufoo forms on the website. Analytics and report features help us to track the number of orders received and give us valuable user information on other forms we have created with Wufoo. There is little you cannot do with a Wufoo form, except for adding electronic signatures. Maybe that will be a future feature from Wufoo.

Aleksandr Zaytsev

Wufoo is a great forms software

Reviewed 2019-08-02

My experience with Wufoo has been nothing short of great. While some things like mobile site and difficult-to-locate functions can annoy some people, overall Wufoo is one of easiest applications to use. I was thrown into administration and primary support of this product on very short notice and I found that I was learning 90% of the functionalities in just a matter of hours! A lot of that has to do with the fact that Wufoo has AMAZING support. They responded to my emails quickly and addressed an issue we were having with one of our forms. In addition, the support person took time to explain exactly what was wrong and how to properly fix it. I would STRONGLY recommend this product.

Pros
- While it may seems complex, it is actually quite easy to understand - Easy administration - GREAT support - Good logging system when it comes to forms being submitted.

Cons
- Can be a bit of hassle to integrate certain Wufoo functionality into your company's custom systems - Mobile site could be better - Some functions can be difficult to locate Honestly besides the above, I cant think of any more cons

Anonymous

Create forms that work seamlessly on your own website

Reviewed 2018-11-13

Before I used Wufoo, all the forms I needed to create lived on third party sites and that means I had to not only build the forms but also design the overall look of the pages the forms lived on to try to match our overall look. Most of these third part sites don't have the ability to achieve the exact look or it would be too time consuming to do so there is a compromise and always the extra step and clunkiness of moving to another site in order to use them. With the simple embed code that Wufoo provides for each form, adding forms to any web page becomes an easy task. The result is a more professional, better looking and easier to use experience for everyone involved.

Pros
The best thing and main reason I use Wufoo is to have form data collecting ability embedded directly on my web pages so the experience is seamless to users. Without having to code everything yourself, you can have forms with multiple kinds of customized reporting available very easily and instead of making users link to an obviously third party webpage, you can let them stay on the same page so it cuts down on steps and enforces your own brand. Forms are very easy and intuitive to build and use.

Cons
While this software is great for making simple forms look great within existing web pages, it does not have the power needed for more complex forms with a lot of logic and options involved. Because of this, Wufoo cannot be the only solution to our web form needs and we still need other products to accomplish the more complicated tasks.

Craig M. Jamieson

Wufoo easily allows me to create contact forms for my websites.

Reviewed 2018-02-22

Custom contact forms that automatically sync and create contact records in my CRM and my email platform.

Pros
Every website has at least one contact form and most WordPress themes include them. Not a big deal. I wanted a contact form that would sync with my CRM (Nimble) and my email marketing platform (MailChimp) and Wufoo fills that need. Every time someone fills out a form, that person is created and tagged in my CRM as well as in MailChimp. Nice!

Cons
It's not the easiest to use but it is also not the most difficult. The interface is a wee bit tired. My biggest challenge has been, and I am not saying that it can't be done with Wufoo, is that I can't easily figure out the way to limit the WIDTH of a form. In other words, wherever I place the form, it expands to the full width of that page, post, or sidebar. Same form, different widths. I'd like to put in on my home pages but, I don't want it to fill the width of the page. Like I said, it can probably be done but, it is not that critical for me and I have enough to figure out:)

Useful, easy and fun!

Reviewed 2019-06-17

Pros
Wufoo is the most user-friendly and most fun of all survey-building software I've used. It has good analytics, makes it easy to share your survey & export your data, and makes it easy to build a survey how you want it--including providing commonly used questions like "email" and "address," which always saved me a bit more time. Wufoo ranks highest in my book in terms of fun because it makes the participant experience quirky and colorful--it's good for information gathering, simple forms, and registrations (especially since you can integrate payment so easily!). It may not be my go-to for the most complex of surveys, but for a quick form or event registration it is my program of choice.

Cons
Wufoo as a website often has some difficulties--the website can be down, I've had trouble accessing because without clearing my history, etc. When I've relied on Wufoo for work, this has undoubtedly caused me frustration and costed me time, but nonetheless I am still a fan.

Dean Landry

Easy web forms

Reviewed 2018-11-26

We have used Wufoo for many forms that help streamline our workflows. It's great for replacing paper forms, handling registrations, and for simple merchandise sales.

Pros
- Easy to use form editor - Good options for conditional display of fields - various payment processors including PayPal, Stripe and Square - Interfaces with other products via API - default theme is mobile friendly - easily embeds in WordPress or looks great a standalone form - Responsive support department

Cons
- No digital signatures native to the product (can interface with other paid products) - Limited number of long answer fields per form (so it can't be used for a longer survey)

J. Alexander Colley

If you have a website and need forms or applications that you can custom build, this should be the 1

Reviewed 2018-04-05

I have been able to create financing applications for clients, buyer & seller information submissions, and have used the program on the back end of my site for everything from employees clocking in and out, to having my realtors submit a weekly report of their progress. By connecting this app with zapier, i'm able to automatically have the information submitted on the wufoo forms into excel spreadsheets for quick info referencing

Pros
very simple to create forms from scratch and then simple to copy the html code and post it directly onto your site

Cons
i wish there were a little more flexibility to change the layout of your forms. its possible i just havent figure out how to change them, but as far as I've seen your layout is restricted to vertical (as in each different field must go beneath the one above it)

Easy to use-basic

Reviewed 2019-09-05

Our organization loves Wufoo for the needs of our department right now. I would recommend this software to anyone needing to create fast and easy forms that aren't super detailed​ and intricate

Pros
Easy to use and to make simple forms. I like the option for branch logic that allows things to pop-up as you click them. Incredibly​ easy to learn and customize to your needs.

Cons
Can look basic and some of the features are a little generic and "simple". Would like for it to have more options when it comes to form elements and more customization within each element​.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Jaron Hall

Really nice product, but not worth the money. Don't like pricing structure.

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-08-21

Pros
The forms really are easy to make. The functionality is great, and you can totally create and embed them on your website very quickly. I used these on my website and they had exactly what I needed. I could customize the styles to fit my website, set up different types of alerts, and make them alert me in a variety of ways. It really had everything I need.

Cons
It's so expensive. In this day an age software really needs to compete on value. Everybody want's free free free. I totally get that they need to charge customers, but I just do not see the value in it when looking at their pricing. I only use them a few times here and there, and it does not seem worth it to pay so much per month. Instead, I decided to take a little bit of a hit on functionality and I opted for a free alternative that in the end worked pretty great. Setup was a bit difficult with my alternative, but once it was setup then the results were the same. I just couldn't get myself to fork out that kind of money on a recurring basis for somethig that is not used all that much.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Ruth Arteaga

I love Wufoo!

Reviewed 2019-09-13

I have had a great experience with Wufoo - reasonable price and user friendly.

Pros
Wufoo provide a quality product to help us manage all our HR forms for our organization - everything from application forms to acknowledgements and absence request forms. It's great to have everything all in one location and be able to easily build the forms. Wufoo has made the process very user friendly and provides lots of resources to use forms in the best way possible.

Cons
I honestly can't think of what I like least about this software. It really fits our needs as an organization and we have found it to be a very valuable tool at a very reasonable price point.

Ryan Nielsen

Really Good For Most Use Cases

Reviewed 2019-01-04

Overall good. We started to have a need to have form data integrated into our reporting and so we are slowly moving off of the Wufoo platform.

Pros
1) Good anti-spam protection 2) Easy interface for building forms 3) Great logs of form submissions

Cons
1) The default form styles are pretty unattractive 2) Interface struggles to handle large numbers of forms (200+) 3) Custom CSS has to be hosted with a third party 4) Uses an iFrame to beam in forms, not compatible with form tracking software like that provided by Call Rail

Wufoo Review

Reviewed 2019-03-21

Wufoo has helped our department tremendously by saving time on both our end and the requesters end. We now have a streamlined process for our requesters to submit the form electronically and we receive it instantaneously. We can then take the steps we need to address the request and get going on the project instead of sending a paper form via email, having the requester fill it out, scan it, and send it to use via email or fill it out and send via mail. Now our forms are stored electronically and easy to access!

Pros
Wufoo has helped streamline our training request process. We now have our employees submit electronic forms for training requests created in Wufoo instead of paper copies. Using Wufoo to create our forms was quick and easy and now they are submitted online instead of scanned and sent through the mail or email.

Cons
Wufoo was easy to use and took very little time to set up the form. There are no cons to this software.

Craig Doyle

Good Form Builder

Reviewed 2019-01-23

Wufoo took what was sheer drudgery and made it into a much simpler process for me and my employees. This has saved us a lot of time, and quite frankly, frustration when collecting information from our customers.

Pros
It is highly customizable, and pretty easy to use. I was able to get the basics down fairly quickly, then I was able to dive in to the more advanced features. It has made collecting data much easier.

Cons
The mobile site is a little funky. I usually just switch the the desktop view.

Laura Nelson

Good survey and form tool with unique features, but missing the beauty of SurveyMonkey

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-04-22

We use both SurveyMonkey and Wufoo and pay for both because there are some things that we require certain features for, and neither of these tools have the full package. It would be amazing to see a combination product that can do all the wonderful things that SurveyMonkey does, with the extra features like attachments and auto-send of submissions built in. Until then, we'll continue to use Wufoo for these helpful pieces.

Pros
The biggest benefit for our use is that it allows a copy of the submission to be sent to the person who submitted it. This is not possible in SurveyMonkey, and is the main reason that we use Wufoo at all. The other major benefit is that there is an ability for files to be uploaded when submitting a form. This is very helpful if there is a need to collect a signed document or something else that the submitter needs to supply when completing an application or something similar. Otherwise, the tool itself is fairly straightforward.

Cons
The layout is really simplified and doesn't look at attractive as when using SurveyMonkey. Types of questions are very limited. There is no mobile app. There are limitations to setting up dashboards to view results publicly.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

Simple to use and great for small businesses

Reviewed 2019-05-12

Wufoo has been great for our business. We are a small non profit where every dollar we can save on the administrative side can be use for client treatment.

Pros
This gives us an easy way to have online registration forms for our clients to fill out and submit to us electronically. We are able to save them as PDFs directly to their charts.

Cons
Unable to disable a form yet save it in case you want to use it later. The package we have gives us 10 forms so to try a new version we have to delete the old version and hope the new version is what we want since we have 10 forms being used.

Anonymous

Wufoo for contact forms is great

Reviewed 2018-05-08

Pros
We had a lot of emails going into the spam folder from our contact forms and wufoo fixed this for us. We also like that the emails are stored right within our account as well.

Cons
The form set up process is pretty simple. Once this is done, you really don't need to log into your account again until setting a new one up. Pricing is something that we would like to see lower as a result of this.

Brian Landrigan

WuFoo makes it simple to collect data through our website and then quickly access the results.

Reviewed 2018-07-05

Pros
- Makes it easy to run promotions & collect data through our Website and Social Media channels. - Integration to Google Sheets is awesome, results are published instantaneously. - Forms are easy to create. - Website is intuitive and easy to use.

Cons
- When integrating into our site it takes some work in CSS to make forms look consistent with the rest of our site.

Theo Anele

Wufoo Forms | 2019

Reviewed 2019-08-08

Pros
Wufoo offers immediate and seamless edits to their forms. Whenever a client has a request for an edit or change to a form, the form edits go live within seconds or less after clicking save. The forms also are highly customizable so you are able to match the design to its destination's.

Cons
Although they recently added logic branching, the new feature seems as if it is still in beta. The feature takes you away from the initial form setup into a new window which makes it a bit difficult to get a good overview.

Jacqui Geiselman

A great one stop shop for registration, info gathering, and documentation

Reviewed 2019-01-17

Overall love it and was so happy when it was introduced to me, use it for registration, documentation gathering, and coordination.

Pros
Working with a student interface and having to coordinate all levels of a competitive event, WuFoo allows for all items of the event to be in one place. The functionality of this data dashboard is exactly what is needed when you need several levels and several requirements of an event. Having payment function, document uploading, and forms it really is a one stop shop.

Cons
Some of the customization isn't the easiest, and the text and fields can be a little generic, so the options are sometimes either too many instructions or clunky side comments, so its not always the prettiest.

Anonymous

Wufoo makes it super easy to create powerful forms.

Reviewed 2017-10-13

It only takes a couple of minutes to spin up a new form. Awesome!

Pros
Creating forms is super easy. The power features included are easy to configure and make any simple form more powerful.

Cons
While the Wufoo team is super helpful, they're super slow to release new functionality and improvements. Their pricing is a bit higher than competitors and styling forms can be a bit tricky.