SimilarWeb PRO Reviews

SimilarWeb PRO

Website & app traffic data analysis

4.4/5 (58 reviews)

Pros
  • I like the platform, for something with so much data its quite easy to learn and navigate. Their customer success team is very good.Brian M.Read the full review
  • With all these data you can make analyzes and make decisions focused on attracting more customers and improving your products and services.Francis Carolina L.Read the full review
  • SimilarWeb is very powerful to understand the competition and how good your site is within the industry.Alina M.Read the full review
Cons
  • No last 7 days, or yesterday. This makes it difficult to pinpoint the most trending content.Jin Kyong L.Read the full review
  • It might lack information on some websites with less traffic, the SEO part could also be more in depth.Matthieu B.Read the full review
  • Have to pay more for country-level traffic, gloabal is default.Brian M.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Francis Carolina Lampe Calderas

One of the best tools for digital marketing

Reviewed 2019-03-29

With Similarweb I have been able to analyze and segment my audience and that way I have been able to generate digital content on my blog that is more attractive to them. It has allowed me to improve engagement with my readers. In addition to saving time to generate the most appropriate and specialized content.

Pros
Initially I found similar web searching for a tool that would allow me to visualize insights and segment my audience. But then I realized how powerful it is. With Similarweb you not only get analytics from your website, but you can observe the behavior of the target you have defined and their interaction with websites of your competition, which I can describe as a revealing experience for your business. The data provided by Similarweb, show you two scenarios, the first one, helps you to become aware of what is your position with respect to the industry or niche that you are dedicated to and the second scenario, the panorama of your competition. With all these data you can make analyzes and make decisions focused on attracting more customers and improving your products and services.

Cons
Some of the most interesting and attractive features that characterize Similarweb are available only in the premium version. However, in the free version there are also very useful functions.

Cameron Williams

Great for finding website information

Reviewed 2019-11-12

Really good experience with similarweb, it has removed our guess work and given us a proper way to prospect companies depending on their web traffic.

Pros
Quickly and easily get data for most websites Provides information for Bounce rate, page views, monthly visits and geographic The chrome extension is great

Cons
Sometimes it cant find website data and presents nothing A lot of the data is inaccurate but gives a good indication

Jimmy Heffernan

It's a nice app with mediocre data quality.

Reviewed 2017-07-26

It was helpful for assessing the size of different revenue opportunities.

Pros
The UI and design is very clean and easy to use. Most of the things you'd want to use it for are immediately obvious.

Cons
The data, particularly in terms of page view and session volume, is usually not even directionally accurate.

Laura Hohenstein

Good for competitor analysis

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2020-03-21

Overall, when trying to get a leg up on competitors in a certain vertical can provide useful data in making strategic decisions.

Pros
Ability to get more in depth data on competitors to build out internal content and marketing strategies

Cons
Is not a needed daily software, and at times does not get used much to justify the cost, largely dependent on current goals and needs.

Chamath Nimantha

Best option for digital marketing

Reviewed 2019-12-30

When it comes to competitive analysis SimilarWbe Pro playing a huge role in there. Visual charts and graphs give you more valuable information. SimilarWeb Pro is a very powerful tool when compared to other tools available in the market today. If you need to test it out before you signup they are providing a free t

Pros
With Similarweb, you will not only get hold of analytics from your website site but also an observation of the target. The target you have defined and their respective interactions with websites in competition. We name it as a life worthy experience for your ultimate business. There are two alternative scenarios revealed by the Similarweb. The first one is, supporting you to identify your place in the field concerning the niche and the industry. And the second one is the panorama of your competition and the entire game you were playing. With having all this information, we can make correct decisions and find what the people truly want in the future.

Cons
When it comes to Cons, the Pro version is very expensive for small businesses. Referrals reports aren't very accurate.

Abhishek Agarwal

Must have Competitive analysis

Reviewed 2018-06-19

Pros
- Competitive analysis is really helpful - Chrome extension is helpful to understand the basic nature and traffic of the website - The information is structured in a very easy to understand manner

Cons
- The data is not as correct as GA - The data for website only with good traffic are shown, new websites are not shown at all

Anonymous

Great tool to benchmark your website performance in comparison to competitors and the industry

Reviewed 2019-08-25

I use SimilarWeb Pro to compare my company's website performance with the industry leaders for several countries. It helps me understand our position and identify improvement opportunities.

Pros
SimilarWeb Pro allows you to compare your website metrics, such as number of visits, time on the website, bounce rate, etc, with your competitors and the Industry in general. It's a great tool for you to understand your position, your visitors profile, your website strengths and weaknesses, and make strategic decisions for product and marketing.

Cons
Their dashboard is very heavy and slow, and only allows you to add up to 5 players. Also, their exporting function to .xlsx or .csv is very limited.

Vishal Bagla

Great tool for Digital Marketing

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-12-14

Understand the website audience and their detailed demographics. Plus, the details of competitor websites.

Pros
Great way to analyze and segment your website audience. Plus, the competitive analysis provided by the tool is really good - great insights.

Cons
Some of the important and relevant features are available only in premium version. They don't provide pricing details directly on their website, you have to contact them to get details.

Ciprian Popescu

Good tool for prospecting SEO clients

Reviewed 2020-01-05

Pros
I use this for each SEO/SEM/CRO client before sending a detailed analysis. It's one of the tools I always use and it returns pretty accurate results, even without linking it to any analytics platform.

Cons
Pricing plans are a bit high for the premium features.

Joysurjya Hagjer

A Must Have Tool for Digital Marketeers

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2020-02-29

I started using this when my manager introduced it to me. Till then I was only using the free version. But after jumping onto SimilarWeb Pro, the more comprehensive data analysis helped me improve my understand of web traffic. Over a period of almost nine months, monthly traffic to our website has grown by almost 70% and this tool definitely helped us achieve it in a big way.

Pros
1. It offers a comprehensive keyword and traffic analysis of any website. This is great for analysis the performance of competitor websites. 2. It provides up to date comparison of how my own website is performing and compares it to those of competitors. 3. The software is pretty easy to use. The learning curve isn't steep at all.

Cons
1. The pricing should definitely be lower. For solo entrepreneurs starting out or smaller business, the subscription is definitely pricey. 2. The analysis provided is not as in-depth as compared to Google analytics.

A Must-Have Tool for Online Professionals

Reviewed 2019-08-01

Pros
I can name just a handful of online tools that I would undoubtedly recommend to any professional in the online media space - SimilarWeb Pro is one of them. With just a few button presses, we can gain access to what seems to be remarkably accurate data and insights from our competitors. All of this is easy to use and is presented very well. The tool has helped us with backlink building (by finding similar sites) as well as just tracking our general performance.

Cons
One of the biggest talking points for our company in the lead-up to testing SimilarWeb was that they offered no free trial or way of actually testing the pro version of the software before purchase. This was a major point of consideration and almost led us to not proceed.

Anonymous

One of the most accurate tools for measuring site traffic

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Pros
When it comes to estimating site traffic of your competitors, it's so difficult to find a halfway decent tool that will give you something accurate. I've consistently worked with clients and my own company and checked the actual analytics data besides their estimated traffic. I don't know how they do it, but it's extremely helpful in getting a better perspective on the competition.

Cons
At some point it would be fantastic to get a social media analysis section and see what is happening on competitors Social Media.

Emanuele Baldassarri

A must have tool for any digital marketer

Reviewed 2019-07-16

Pros
This tool is the best entry-level solution for studying any website. It returns useful information that any digital marketer shall know about the competition. Just install the Chrome extension and verify in 1 click the history on any website.

Cons
Very useful for big websites, but it does not track the websites with low traffic.

Andrey Fedorov

Great platform for comprehensive analysis of any website or app!

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Lots of useful data for competitors analysis which SEMrush doesn't have!

Pros
My favorite feature is that I can see the exact traffic sources that generate traffic to any website. Marketing mix reports are great for export. App analysis feature is awesome, you can see lots of useful data. Google Play keywords analysis is also very comprehensive.

Cons
I don't like when you sort the results by some columns there's no data and they ask you to upgrade. Also the data range is 12 months only and splitting data by countries is locked as you need to upgrade to a more expensive plan. There are also some freezes in Firefox when using the website.

Dan Winnick

Great product for salespeople!

Reviewed 2018-11-27

Pros
Great insights into the target accounts web traffic/advertising data

Cons
Nothing at the moment. Does all i expect it to.

Kinga Odziemek

Must-have if you want to achieve success

Reviewed 2019-02-17

Pros
SimilarWeb PRO delivers a lot of useful data you can use to analyse your competitors' performance or even verify some site you would use for promotion. SimilarWeb PRO helped us save money - otherwise we could have burnt it on campaigns which are far away from being effective.

Cons
Pricing, pricing, pricing. However, take it as an investment (as it unlocks a lot of data for you) or try the free, limited version.

Great help for Prospecting

Reviewed 2018-12-04

Pros
I used this tool at my positions at SaaS companies to see the potential traffic that a website receives as well as the referral traffic sources and geography of a sites user base. This tool has been invaluable to me with prospecting new business!

Cons
The only downfall is that some of the numbers posted by SimilarWeb are wildly inaccurate if you ask the website to verify with their own sources. This can then make forecasting for certain sites difficult

Haik Petrosyan

Find the Worthy Websites

Reviewed 2018-12-13

Pros
SimilarWeb is one of my personal beloved tools to work with, especially the extension. The tool allows you to find out everything you need - starting from the website estimated traffic and ending with the in-depth review of the sources they are getting their traffic from. The keyword research is also important to note, as it is very useful for out-competing the market.

Cons
The issue I have noticed is that the small websites do not get the traffic analysis due to the low amount of traffic, and some websites are not registered in the system so you do not get enough information about them.

Catherine Forino

Very useful

Reviewed 2018-09-13

I use it a lot for prospecting and finding new sites to work with. I've found it very useful.

Pros
Similar Web comes in handy when I need to know the traffic of specific websites that we want to partner with. i also use the Similar site section to find similar websites for me to use for prospecting.

Cons
Overall I haven't had any issues with it. It's easy to use.

Ale R.

Great tool for Website Analysis

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-03-14

We use it for Competitive analysis on how much traffic and how is generate on other website

Pros
SimilarWeb Pro is really nice grow hack tool for measuring the site traffic, you can view the traffic sources that generate traffic to any website. What i like? - Easy to use - Competitive analysis - Accurate data - traffic sources - SEO and PPC Keywords - Popular Pages

Cons
The Pricing, is really expensive. Have a bug on the registration if you use a geo domain cannot register (.com.ar) that is really anoying

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Victor Iryniuk

Most effective service

Reviewed 2018-03-17

Pros
SimilarWeb is the most effective service to get an overview of the sites traffic, performance, links and other similar data. Very easy-to-use.

Cons
Some minor data, like Referrals isn't very accurate, but that's not always the case. Everything else isn't an issue.

Dianne Moralee

Similar Sites lets me target businesses who should know about my software

Reviewed 2017-11-30

Similar Sites makes my life a lot easier and saves me so much time. I know I would miss opportunities if I wasn't using this too.

Pros
I like the fact that I can go to a typical customer's website and use Similar Sites to show me a list of companies that fit the same profile.

Tomas Kolafa

Powerful online marketing intelligence tool

Reviewed 2018-09-15

Pros
SimilarWeb is my go-to tool for evaluating industry and competitors. It provides fantastic insights regarding traffic sources and website affiliations.

Cons
Pro version is too expensive for small companies or freelancers, although you can always negotiate a cheaper price.

SimilarWeb Review

Reviewed 2019-01-15

Overall, we use SimilarWeb to try and gain a sense of what other partner sites do in terms of qualified traffic that can be sent our way for sales.

Pros
Different levels of reporting for a number of 3rd party sites that we aim to partner with. The free version was solid enough to upgrade to Pro. Love the different channel reporting they offer!

Cons
Some of the metrics included do not seem too accurate, but they are good enough to provide a ballpark range.

Sophie Areli

Great tool to have as a web designer!

Reviewed 2017-07-12

This software helps me present potential web design clients with traffic data about their current websites. I can then tell let them know exactly how a new web design can convert their traffic into subscribers or potentials buyers.

Pros
I was looking for a tool that would help me estimate how much traffic the websites of potential clients were getting. Similar Web Pro gives me access to that data and more. I can then use this data when I'm writing pitches to people who need their websites updated.

Cons
I don't have any complaints. Perhaps there could be a way to print out the website results instead of having to do a screenshot?