FareHarbor Logo

User ratings

4.8

1K
  • Likelihood to recommend9.33/10

See full reviews by rating

Probably the best thing about Fareharbor is the absolutely fantastic support. When you need to do or change something, all you need to do is ask and the support team will have it done very quickly.
So far I really appreciate the help offered by those assigned to help set up our company w/a new reservation system that we hope will be much more user friendly for both us and our customers.
Also the fact there were so many small mistakes when buiding it, (we've had to ask to fix the same mistake more than one time because one thing got solved but created another problem).
The obvious one complaint is that FH charges customers who make a booking online (on my website for example) a 6% fee, totally seperate and additional to any tax, which adds up.

FareHarbor users...

Bokun-logocaret

Bokun

TrekkSoft-logocaret

TrekkSoft

How would you rate FareHarbor?

1,037 reviews

MG

María G.

Booking Manager

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Very easy to use!

Transcript

Maria: So my name is Maria. I'm the booking manager. I will review for FareHarbor with five stars. And...

Full Featured Booking

Transcript

Jeremy J.: Hello. My name is Jeremy. I'm a marketing and IT director and I give FareHarbor a five out...

Excellent service and product

Overall, I really like Fareharbor - I like the way it looks when people book.

Pros

The customer service is amazing and fast On a day to day basis, it is easy to use and you can add all the information you need to for all your guides.

Cons

I sometimes struggle with set up and amending items. We usually have to get Fareharbor to do some or all of the set up as we get some things wrong. Saying that, all you need to do is reach out to their service team and they usually sort it out in minutes.

Hello Emma - Thank you for posting this review! We are happy to hear that you've found our software easy to use and that you have had positive experiences working with our amazing Support Team. With that, we are always available and can help set up and amending your items or can schedule a team member to help train you on that specific function. Thanks!

Highly Recommend!

Over all, for what I need from FareHarbor, it's a great fit!

Pros

I like the look of it, functionality, helpful instructions if need, and the increase in direct bookings, without customers contacting me first, to make a decision.

Cons

The FareHarbor Distribution Network could be improved upon. I didn't find value in that department, so do not offer my services for a commission. However, I did allow FH to set up a website for page for Other Activities, partnering with other local tour operators. I have yet to see the value in that for referring business. multiple times.

Clunkier than we'd like but it gets the job done

We've grown exponentially since we started using FareHarbor. It's a great benefit to having three different departments' events processed through one system. The biggest challenge we face with it now is wanting it to speak to other systems.

Pros

Integrating with our organization's website (wolfesneck.org) was easy enough, but the way it looks and operates within our site presents a lot of challenges. For example, a guest needs to click 3 times before they can access the specific event they want to attend, and then it takes the guest to a registration page for the event rather than an event description page, which would be our ideal. And the...

Cons

We have a few concerns about how it works for us, which I went into detail about in the question above; but the biggest issue facing us now is integrating FareHarbor and Camplife--allowing them to share guest profiles and payment information. If Fareharbor integrated with Square POS, we could make that work too, but we least like the way FareHarbor doesn't interface with other CampLife systems or others more generally.

Hi Rebecca - We understand that certain aspects of FareHarbor's features and functionalities can be robust. We are happy to set up additional training if your staff is finding certain areas of the Dashboard difficult to use!

Very Unprofessional and Uncaring

I have $3000 frozen in their system since 28 April. They have still not paid me out. They just say they are working on it.

Pros

Fine when up and running, but no loyalty to longtime customers.

Cons

Service cancelled and funds frozen in my account because I am not a US company, which they knew for 6+ years.

Easy To Use Booking System With Great Customer Support

Because it costs the company nothing and their customer service is top-notch I have nothing but great experiences with FareHarbor and the customers do not seem to mind the added fee for online booking as the booking numbers have gone up since implementing FareHarbor!

Pros

The team at FareHarbor made the transition to their product super easy. They listened to our requirements and configured the product to accommodate everything required. Both the frontend and backend of the product is easy to navigate and use for both customers and administrators. It integrated with the website with no problems.

Cons

Their fee is pretty steep in my opinion. It's charged to the customer booking, but I don't like the amount of the fee no matter who it is passed on to!

Hello - Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! We are thrilled to hear you had a great experience working with our Customer Support teams and you've found our Dashboard easy to use. We aim to make your life easier! We understand your feedback regarding the fee, however our experience shows that this fee does not affect your conversions! Once again, thank you for sharing this review with us. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Fantastic software that seamlessly integrates with your site

Our non-profit arts organization / national historic landmark started shopping for a new ticket vendor amidst the pandemic when our formerly tried and true ticketing vendor (BrownPaperTickets) became negligent and withheld earned income from ticket sales for our events that took place in 2020. A sales rep from FareHarbor had been regularly reaching out to check in with us and see if we wanted to learn...

Pros

The customer service team has been exceptional in providing complete information and support throughout the vetting process and then getting us set up, customizing our dashboard, training our staff, and continues to be highly responsive and supportive. It also integrates seamlessly with our website and is exceptionally user-friendly, not to mention how beautiful it looks!

Cons

So far we have not yet encountered anything we don't like about FareHarbor and their services. I'm thankful that the sales team was as persistent as they were with our organization in trying to share their product with us, or we may not have known it was an option for us. Thank goodness she kept calling, how many people can say that?

Hi Sarah - Thank you for sharing your review of FareHarbor, we appreciate you taking the time to share this detailed feedback and comments! We are thrilled to hear you had a great experience working with our teams to get you onboarded and set up and we are excited to have you as part of the FareHarbor Family. We look forward to growing this partnership with you!

My Only Regret Is Not Starting Sooner

Reliable, professional, honest. Every question is answered. Every promise fulfilled. What more is there?

Pros

The Fareharbor software has freed me to get back to doing what makes my company great and puts the entire back office functions at my finger tips: booking, assigning roles, servicing my clients, and ensuring my reporting is clear and easy to follow has gone from consuming most of my time to becoming a second thought. I have an entire staff in my pocket and the support and training from FareHarbor are always there when I have a question.

Cons

I would like to be able to send more automatic mails than currently possible. That's it.

Hi Dave - Thank you for taking the time to write this review! FareHarbor was designed to help tour operators, such as yourself, grow their businesses - we are happy to hear that you have been able to leverage the software to handle the operational day to day of your business. We look forward to growing this partnership! Thank you!

The Best!

Pros

The ease of use and the customer support is way above expectations and is superior to any other software we have tried.

Cons

I don’t have anything that I dislike about the company they are always integrating and improving experience

A company that provided exactly what we wanted

We have had absolutely no problems with FareHarbor. They have lived up to all their promises and the customer service is excellent.

Pros

The software is simple and easy to use for both ourselves and for our customers.

Cons

Whilst generally easy to use, the interface could be a little more intuitive.

Powerful and friendly

So far so good, happy to use it and great team behind, helping us to improve our business online.

Pros

its connectivity, various options helps feedbacks, friendly user

Cons

Not a master Jedi yet! but it might be hard to configurate it at your image, since many options are offered.

Hi Matthieu - thank you for taking the time to give FareHarbor such a great review! We'll get you to master Jedi status in no time. We are always here to help, and never hesitate to reach out! Thanks again.

Stellar Service!

My overall experience with FareHarbor has been wonderful. The staff has been proactive in anticipating my needs. They were welcoming, helpful, and cooperative.

Pros

I have used many ticketing services over the years. All of them have had their benefits, but there was always a few things I wanted to change. FareHarbor is the best of all worlds. The interface is very manageable for first time users. The customer service, and support staff have been exceptional. I have easy access to my dashboard at all times, be it on my desktop or my mobile device. Implementing FareHarbor was one of the best choices I have made for my business. I highly recommend this service.

Cons

I don't have any cons to report. So far my experience has been very positive.

P.T - Wow, thank you for taking the time to share this review! We are absolutely thrilled to hear how wonderful your experience has been with FareHarbor and will continue to build off that! We are committed to your business growth and are actively creating more content and materials to help you and all our clients navigate through this COVID landscape. Be sure to check out FareHarbor Compass for any Marketing tips along with our Help Center for any questions on the Dashboard. As always, our 24/7 Customer Support team is standing by and ready to take your call or email!

Our small business LOVES FareHarbor!

We are so happy we made the switch to FareHarbor two years ago. We have a cleaner website that is user friendly with increased sales. The support teams work hard to make changes and keep our website performing seamlessly as we add new products and grow and expand. They care deeply about our success as a business and we feel the love and support from their staff as we grow our business and partnership with their company.

Pros

Easy to use, team friendly, quick and efficient. The change over from our previous company was seamless and the support is incredible!

Cons

Only that the fees are among the highest in the industry.

Hi Christina! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review and your partnership over the past few years! It has been our pleasure working with you it is great to see how our software has helped the Sawgrass Recreational Park team. I'll be sure to pass along your great feedback to the rest of the FareHarbor team and we look forward to continue growing this partnership, together!

FareHarbor Daily User

I am very happy with FareHarbor! I like that there is no monthly fee that I have to pay and the fees that my customers have to pay are small.

Pros

I like the ease of the software and how quickly I am able to get a response from the support team when needed.

Cons

I wish the colors were more vibrant on the booking calendar. I have 3 separate escape rooms and the current color scheme is hard to distinct the difference between each room in the booking calendar.

Hi Antoinette - Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are happy to hear you have had a great experience working with our team, from our Sales team to our Support! We appreciate your feedback about the colors on the booking calendar! Be on the lookout for our Product & Feature release emails as our team is always looking for ways to enhance the customer experience in our Dashboard.

Fareharbor Prioritises Marketing Itself above its Customers

Fareharbor offers a great booking service aside from the limitations mentioned.

Pros

Customer service was excellent for installation and has been great for trouble shooting ongoing issues. Backend of the software is quite intuitive.

Cons

We selected and installed Fareharbour over Rezdy but one of the big disadvantages I see with Fareharbor relates to branding. Our website has a dark theme and Fareharbor currently does not have any flexibility to move beyond its white background booking windows (Rezdy does). This means our customers are jolted into a new environment once they click the book now button. The other issue is the only...

Hi Steve - Thank you for taking the time to write this review and providing us with your honest feedback. Above all else, our priority is to grow your business. While the FareHarbor logo may pop up during the book form, the FareHarbor Lightframe is designed to create a streamlined buying experience for your customers that converts. As you mentioned, this hard-coded on our end, however this integration allows you to easily track sales sources and conversion metrics. Regarding the multi-day bookings, while we understand there may be some current limitations, our Product Team is always looking for ways to expand on our current features and functionalities. Please be on the look out for our Product and Feature Release Announcements

Quick, effective and supported

I've found the customer service to be amazing. I've interacted with two people [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who are professional, knowledgeable and get the job done. I thought it was overreaching to think that after submitting my information that I would be up and running in a week. I was gladly proven wrong. The set u and training went smoothly and I'm in business!!

Pros

It seems as if all of the possible customer scenarios have been thought out. Everything is customizable on the backend and looks really user friendly on both the back end dashboard and the front end user interface.

Cons

I don't have enough time using the software to be able to identify anything that I don't like.

Hi Mindy - Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are glad to hear you had a smooth transition and your positive experience with our team! FareHarbor was designed for tours and activities and we are thrilled to know you are taking advantage of our software's robust features and functionalities. We look forward to growing this partnership! If you have any questions, our amazing Support team is available 24/7!

Works for basic needs, but has gaps

Overall we are booking field trips, tours, and other events. There are multiple users and multiple locations that we are all trying to book within. In the event we are all paying very close attention to what is going on everywhere, we can manage with no problems, however, if we are very busy or someone is very stressed to get something on Fareharbor in a hurry, it is possible to double book something without Fareharbor having any warning.

Pros

Features that I like most include that a hold can be placed on dates and times by utilizing Private Headlines. New bookings for contacts are very convenient as well as rebooking and cancellations. Plenty of places for notes and the ability to run reports for those various reports. Love all the freedom to program what you want when creating an event, especially when it comes to what information you want to collect from the registrant.

Cons

The load times are extremely slow. In addition, the program will allow overlapping event reservations utilizing the same resources without telling the user. This can allow double booking of the same location, despite what resources are marked when setting up the event. This is a major problem. There is also the inability to delete several bookings for the contact during the same Order. This is annoying and time consuming when the order has 10+ bookings.

Hello - thank you for taking the time to write this honest review of your experience with FareHarbor. It is great to know you've been able to take advantage of our features and customization. Regarding your resources and overlapping event reservations, please reach out to our 24/7 Support team! We can review your current set up and provide any recommendations for optimizing your existing resources.

FareHarbor has been the best reservation system I've used and the customer service is impeccable!

FareHarbor is easy to use, great for growing your business and I cannot emphasize enough how amazing everyone that works at FareHarbor is. I would expect that I'd annoy/frustrate them as often as I call them requesting them to change this or to change that. They even made my new website for me after seeing that I was having some success with there program on my previous DIY site. Great Program, Great Company. Thank all y'all at FH! Big shout to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for all the help recently, as well as all of the staff who've helped me over the years.

Pros

I love how the software program and app truly works. Everything that the company say works, works. With other reservation systems I tried, there mustve had some issues with the program or something because alot of stuff would randomly not work or do the wrong thing etc etc. The platform is also very aesthetically pleasing, easy to use, and always evolving/growing/staying up-to-date with the newest features available. Doesn't cost you as the business anything!

Cons

There is really nothing much to complain about with FareHarbor. Of course, in a dream world, there would be a cpl/few things I really wish that could be changed and/or part of the program. I wish I could remember what some of them were at this moment, but I can remember that 'connecting a liability waiver' to my FH bookings/items etc was not as hi-tech as I woulda guessed. The waiver app partnership...

Hi Sean - We hope that you are well and want to thank you for taking the time to write this review about FareHarbor. We are thrilled to hear the impact that our software and Support team have contributed to your business growth. Giving you the tools to grow your business will always be a priority for us and we are happy to help in any way we can, so please never hesitate to call. We appreciate your feedback on our existing features & partnerships and will be surer to relay that to our internal teams. Overall, we have truly enjoyed our partnership with you these last few years and look forward to many more!

Overall good product but confusing at first

Overall I'm happy with our switch to FareHarbor. The pros out weigh the cons but hoping for more improvements in the future.

Pros

One of the most useful aspects for us has been the ability to send out mass emails to guests using canned messages. This has been super helpful when we have to alert everyone about last minute changes, traffic alerts, etc. Our last booking software we used did not offer this. Also the FareHarbor support team is great. They're friendly, helpful, and responsive. I've called them several times and they've walked me through my questions with patience.

Cons

FareHarbor can be very confusing at first. It definitely takes some time to get used to everything and how to set things up. There are some things that just don't make sense like there should be an easier/quicker way to do what you need to but it's a multi-step weird process instead. The two things that immediately come to mind are converting purchases to gift certificates and redeeming guest gift certificates over the phone. Both of them seem like they should be straight-forwards, press a button, enter a code, etc. but it's confusing and I've needed to call FH support to walk me through how to do these things.

Hi Carrie - Thank you for taking the time to write this honest review. We are happy to hear you have been able to take advantage of our amazing Support Team and some of the Dashboard's robust features. With that said, we understand that there may be some features that may not be as easy to pick up as others. I have passed along your feedback internally in case you would like to schedule a training!

Event based booking software based on a fee charging model

Online booking and payments are taken care of through Fareharbor. My payments are received through Stripe which initially took nearly a week to be received by my bank, that appears to have changed recently with payments appearing a working day or two after booking. The account managers are very keen to help and I can imagine that it is an excellent solution for the many businesses who run tours and experiences. It's just not perfect for mine which seems to need corporate levels of functionality and flexibility at a budget price.

Pros

As soon as you are signed up you will be assigned a participative account manager to help you through set up with ideas on how to make your site and sales better. They and the support team are responsive to requests and changes. The user interface choice is quite good but like most online options it relies on great images for best effect. You can manage your own events and many of the standard options are accessible to you the user if you need or want them to be. All the support and set up is free of charge.

Cons

My business is small and flexible. I tend to prefer to set up my own bookings and classes myself which means that I keep coming up against something else I need to ask them to do for me. Despite being a very small business my needs are complex, I want to be able to set up a course that runs on multiple days but that are not necessarily consecutive and for those to be in my calendar when I check. Although the system caters for consecutive days, it requires a really grubby work around for anything else.

Hi Helen - thank you so much for taking the time to leave FareHarbor some great feedback. We appreciate your partnership and always strive to make FareHarbor a platform that works for everyone no matter the size of your business. We are always looking for ways to improve, so your feedback will definitely be passed along to the team. Thank you again, and never hesitate to reach out!

Very feature-rich & easy to use!

Pros

- You get a beautiful overview of the day, week and month. You know exactly what's happening, who's handling it and what resources are being used; - Flexibility is a big plus with their 'availabilities' concept. Lets us adjust the schedule in order to optimise operations with incredible ease; - Filters that let you build your custom calendar (and save it!) are brilliant. You only see what you want to/need to see; - Reports are highly customisable; - Fantastic support.

Cons

- Needs work on the invoicing module, currently too basic - API features should be expanded to allow more custom development - Overall design could be a bit more flat/modern, not at all bad though

Hi Andre - Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review! We are so happy to hear that FareHarbor has made a positive impact on your business and that you have been able to take full advantage of all the software's features and functionalities. We look forward to sharing many more years of success. Thanks!

A powerful channel manager

SeaZen has growed X3 every year since its first business year 2017 and may reach the break-even point in phase with our forecast. FH is a key partner for this success. Our objective for the future is still to grow. We are currently working into developing a brand licence. We wish to open more solar powered boat club. I hope this will be the opportunity to reinforce our partnership with FH.

Pros

I had a previous IT experience before creating my start-up. I found in FH a high level of quality of the support and of the functionalities available.

Cons

The 5% commission is great to start a partnership when you are start-upper. It might become an issue when the business volume will reach a certain threshold. I was already using Stripe before working with FH. I was sure to have the best price in direct with them. Now all the business volume comes though FH and we are based upon an average commission rate. I can't check if this rate might have evolved in my interest if I was going to stay in direct with Stripe.

Hi Guillaume - We appreciate the time you took to write this review! We are thrilled to hear that both the software and our support team has exceeded expectations! It is amazing to see the growth SeaZen has experienced and we look forward to many more years of growth. Thanks!

Fantastic booking system and team

The effectiveness of my systems and processes have been improved by 100%. The website design and 24/7 support have been more than expected. The SEO and marketing advice it's been fantastic. Thanks to Fareharbor my company improves every day. It's been a great experience in many aspects of my business. Many thanks to all the Fareharbor team.

Pros

This software has helped me in so many ways to grow my business in the tourism industry. The dashboard is very intuitive and user-friendly. Their support couldn't be more amazing, these guys are available 24/7 and super kind. They will always do their best to solve your problems or help you with absolutely anything you ask for. You can contact them over email or phone. It is very unlikely to find the perfect company but Fareharbor deserves this title. Today my company is far more efficient and profitable than a couple of years ago when I was not using them. They have helped me with web design, SEO advice, marketing advice and everything related to the daily operations of my tours. It is a 5 stars company and software. Highly recommended.

Cons

Nothing, it's pretty much amazing, I can't complain.

Hi Camilo - Thank you for taking the time to share your review of FareHarbor. We are thrilled to hear the impact that our teams and software have made on growing your business. We will be sure to pass along your high praises internally. We look forward to many more years of success! Thank you

FareHarbor Has Finger On Pulse of My Business & Like Having One's Own Private Team!

I grew up with eTix, moved along with ZERVE (whom I adored) and then came into FareHarbor once ZERVE bit the dust. FareHarbor had some kinks at first but then took the torch and ran with it like a leader well in touch with things. I like that FareHarbor gets that although there's a template or universal aspect to tour businesses, that there are also some like my own that are constantly changing, evolving and pushing the envelope and do more than stay conventional. It means the world that their team is open to my evolution and are willing to work to create new dimensions to their own system to help me fulfill my vision! That's massive and money in the bank!

Pros

Sounds cliche, but it's very organic and "thinks" like someone in the tour industry. It's almost scary! It's like the software knows what I'm thinking at times, stays ahead of me but then other times, it's like I'm teaching it new things. Very collaborative feeling.

Cons

I doubt if anything is dummy proof but this is as close as it can get. I do hope that in the future, they will find a way for me to add some alternative things to the checkout for the customer. I have a product that is related to the traveler experience and would love to have it as a check out option right before they buy the tour tickets or complete the transaction because I feel its like a final sale's plug reminder that they might either jump on board with or be interested enough to go back and review the product's description and be influenced to purchase it last second. Currently its an item for sale but its too separated from where I think it needs to be personally.

Hi Shannon - We can't thank you enough for the positive feedback. We truly do consider you a partner and aim to make your experience with FareHarbor a collaborative one. That said we're always looking for ways to improve so, I'll definitely pass along your hopes for an alternative checkout for your customers. Thank you for your trust in FareHarbor and we look forward to the years of success to come! Mahalo!

Remarkably flexible. Does everything I need it to do. Support people look for ways to help my biz.

I wrote a review for software that I use. I don't know what Capterra really does, but I might look to see if I can find a substitute for QuickBooks accounting software here.

Pros

Cleverly flexible. Has configurable settings to do all sorts of customizing of available time slots, staffing, pricing, etc. I never run into something I wish it would do that it doesn't already do. I know there are portions I am not even using that would probably benefit me even more. Easy to populate initially. I really don't remember much about that process because the FareHarbor people did most...

Cons

It can't be both endlessly configurable/customizable and fast/simple at the same time. So I feel like there are a lot of clicks to get done what I need. I can't think of how to eliminate clicks though without eliminating features. Beyond that, I am reaching for ideas. Perhaps if there were some sort of integration with our QuickBooks accounting software that would be helpful. Because I am on...

David, thanks for the detailed review! We appreciate the feedback. It's always been a pleasure working with you. If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out! We're always available.

From customer support to foolproof features, our experience with FareHarbor has been superb.

Pros

While the features of this software are plentiful and easy to use, we most enjoy the prompt, friendly customer support available to us through FareHarbor. Our Account Manager, Kristin, always delivers excellent work even when we provide her with information that can be unclear. She is a fantastic liaison between our business and FareHarbor Support, and she seems to go out of her way to ensure we're using FareHarbor to the best of our ability by facilitating appointments with FareHarbor support for us to learn how to make minor changes on the backend of our website, answering questions in a timely manner, and implementing new information to our website on a weekly basis.

Cons

One feature we enjoy least about this software is its mobile functionality. While it's certainly compatible with mobile devices, it's not always the most mobile-friendly in terms of working behind the scenes and formatting. Some examples include trouble viewing booking notes and updating manifests, text appearing too large, pictures a bit out of focus, etc. However, any adjustments we ask to be made...

Thanks for the great review, Kaitlin! We appreciate the feedback and your suggestions for improvement. We'll also be sure to forward your compliment to Kristin! If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out!