Pointerpro Logo

Assessments and surveys that generate personalized reports

Pointerpro Reviews

Suggested alternatives

surveymonkey
typeform
jotform-4-0

Software has great features and the layout is user friendly. Great for questionnaires and I love that it provides customised responses.
The beautiful emails and PDFs and Survey Anyplace produces has elevated our organization in so many ways and we are excited for all of the possibilities for use.
Is a bit limited in terms of putting multiple questions on a single screen (or at least struggled to get more than 3 scalar questions on one screen).
Creating a decent report is impossibly difficult.

Brian C.

Founder

Education Management, 11-50 employees

You absolutely can't go wrong with these guys!!!!

Transcript

Brian C.: Hi, I'm Brian, I'm a CEO. I would give Survey Anyplace five out five stars, and for more reviews,...

Diane Wendy H.

Founder & CEO

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent Survey Creation Platform

Transcript

Wendy B.: Hi, I'm Wendy and I'm the founder of a dating site and I give Survey Anyplace a four out of...

Shannon W.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

So thankful I found Pointerpro!

Pros

The ability to customize my questions and scoring logic any way I want, robust formula abilities, and the beautiful and customized pdf's that come out at the end for clients. The support team is amazing and has stuck with me through even the most nitty gritty details of trouble shooting to get my outcome just how I want it.

Cons

As with any software, you have to put the time into getting to know it and understand how it works, so you can make it work for you. Not so much a con as a consideration you will need to take into account when you are deciding to go with this software.

Thank you for the nice review. As we want to take into account our customer's feedback, we worked hard on improving our Report Builder feature. Since last week our renewed Report Builder went live. The drag-and-drop functionality has arrived and everything is way more instinctive and easy on the eyes! Our team has already prepared several resources for you to allow for an easy start with this exciting new development. Watch Anna's intro video --> https://www.loom.com/share/732abfc6ec4841f9befe831a76795d8c Create your first PDF --> https://help.pointerpro.com/en/support/solutions/articles/35000206019-create-your-first-pdf-with-renewed-report-builder

SN

Sarah N.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Amazing option if you need an assessment & report

Pros

The best part about this tool is the reporting and custom scoring functionality. I probably looked at every tool out there to find one that has the functionality to create an assessment that gives the participant a report of their results and it was almost impossible - until I found SurveyAnyplace. Their support team is highly responsive and they also have many helpful instructional videos.

Cons

The user interface isn't as intuitive as some of the more popular/basic tools and there are some occasional glitches but that's probably due to them being a new team, and none of these have created issues with usability.

AS

Antonio S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Don't like to changes!

Pros

easy to get reports... i don't have any more to say not many pros:

Cons

hard to create and copy surveys... hard to file old surveys

Hi Antonio, Sorry to hear that you found it hard to create and copy surveys. Can you elaborate a bit more on the things you're struggling with? We'd love to help you out.

RL

Roger L.

Executive Office, 11-50 employees

Super helpful support

Very good

Pros

Super helpful team Needed quite a bit of help getting the back end formulas sorted for the Reportr system to work but they were happy to help either via chat or on a video call Love how the system looks Pleased with how things are going.

Cons

Back end was a bit complex but only because I was setting up automated reporting.

AB

Amanda B.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Professional looking with many features

The tests are extremely useful and important to my business. It is exceptionally well presented and that is consistent with my branding. The customer service is also top-notch which makes such a difference.

Pros

I like the fact that I can use it for feedback surveys, self-assessment tests and questionnaires. The reports are excellent. The presentation is very professional and it is reasonably easy to get up to speed with the creation of each type of 'survey'.

Cons

I would really appreciate the personal branding so that automated emails come from my own domain. This is available but the cost of that for that level of personalisation is out of my budget for the overall usage I can make of the app.

IM

Ian M.

Design, 1-10 employees

The best platform for the job

We were looking for the best platform to carry out an inbound prospect survey and, to be honest, this was the only tool that had the capabilities we needed. It's pretty easy to set up and does everything we need.

Pros

There are lots of features and it's pretty quick to be up-and-running with a survey. The end-user interface for collecting data looks pretty smart. Help and articles are good, so you can find your way around well. The price is competitive and delivers good value compared to alternatives.

Cons

Whilst good, I think the user interface for administering questionnaires could be better. Building questions is easy but it can be easy to get lost in some of the advanced features.

HS

Harley S.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Good, but could be Great

Overall, the Survey Anyplace software is some of the best I have seen and once I get everything figured out I will probably appreciate it even more. Their customer service seems good, but I have not interacted with them much at this point.

Pros

Overall, the software does more than all the others that I looked at and provided the easiest user set-up.

Cons

There are not How-To guides on using the software. You are pretty much on your own to figure everything out, so there is a lot of trial and error. I found myself building a question(s) and then testing it to see how it would look/present. The hardest part is in creating the reports/assessments. Initially, it looked fairly easy to set up, but once I got started it became very apparent that was not the case. Even something as simple as connecting the questionnaire to be used is difficult. If there should be a How-To guide for anything it should be the Reporting/Assessment, but sadly there is not.

NG

Nicolas G.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

SurveyAnyPlace... any how, any where and any one.

Pros

Flexible questionnaire editing and building, powerful PDF generator

Cons

Lack of multilanguage in Assessment Center.

AK

Anna K.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Easy to create surveys with a great look and feel

Really good. Easy to use, great result summaries, can download aggregated or individual responses.

Pros

You can create a professional, stylish survey in no time at all.

Cons

I had some challenges creating flexible questions within the version I have. I worked around that though.

AK

Arpit K.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Amazing functionality and customer service

FANTASTIC. Extremely well design solution, dedicated and efficient team and reasonable commercial plans.

Pros

From selection to demo to setup, it took less than 24 hours. And on deployment for 3000 people, the customer service team (inspite of being in different time zones) was extremely responsive. Its almost DIY format setup and they have designed the features with lot of thoughtfulness.

Cons

Some colour combinations during the review answer phase can be improved.

Adam R.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Saving Lives.

Overall Poynter pro has been perfect for her needs, and we see a long-term partnership with them moving forward.

Pros

We used pointer pro to stand up an assessment that helps identify the capacity of individuals to make good decisions and avoid falling into despair. The ease-of-use and speed that we were able to get a beta version of our assessment up and running was awesome.

Cons

There are some latency issues with flipping between tabs and screens, and some of the functionality is still in development with respect to testing the assessment and the reporting. It’s not able to test or import responses to tests the report functionality. Some of the editing features are a little cumbersome for example, when setting up custom formulas if you want to re-order them, you have to re-create them.

JT

Julian T.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Very good usability and functionality

Pros

What I like most is the report function. In particular, the relaunch of this function is very intuitive to use. In addition, an extremely large amount is possible, especially through the use of variables. The great depth of functionality combined with the simplicity of the application convince me a lot.In addition, the support is quick to respond and has always been able to help me very well. In connection with this, the "library" of tips and tricks is also really helpful. If you search a bit here, you will find good guides on all topics that instruct you on how to do what.

Cons

What bothers me is that the website often hangs or takes a long time to load, which is most likely not due to my PC or internet connection.

RH

Rebecca H.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Beautiful product, very expensive, poor self-service instructions means you have to pay more.

Do not recommend Survey Anyplace - the product marketing is beautiful but misleading, prices are twice that of the nearest competitor, instructions assume a high level of expertise and there is no use of videos to support learning, and service is slow and lacks detail (unless you pay for it). Response to my feedback so far? Pay more. Very disappointed.

Pros

Beautiful end result - but I have not managed to achieve it yet.

Cons

I've spent over $3000 and not managed to get a single survey out. It does not do 360 as advertised, not without spending $2000 more. Setting up questions is relatively easy but everything else - including simply collecting responses - is fairly complex. Producing a full report is VERY complex. Overnight response rate is very frustrating when you are trying to get the product up and running. I've complained about this, and was told my only option is to spend more money.

Hi Rebecca, Thank you for your feedback! We are aware the more complex cases of 360-degree assessments do require additional services. As you indicated, this wasn't clear for you at the moment you purchased the license of our software: we updated our documentation and onboarding communication accordingly to avoid any confusion in the future. We wish you a lot of success with your project anyways!

SS

Scott S.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Valuable and Productive Tool

Experience has been very positive, especially when working with Customer Support and Customer Success contact.

Pros

Easy to use once you understand the interface. Continuous improvement of features.

Cons

Not much. The report formatting can be improved to increase the quality of the PDF report.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent Survey Creation Platform

Survey Anyplace is far superior to our previous platform. It's faster & an overall better UX which is huge.

Pros

Ease of use. Speed between the questions. Selection of question types. Formatting flexibility. It supports photo uploads; our previous platform did not.

Cons

Tech support is not offered 24/7. Yet, they are quite responsive. It's usually something that isn't urgent. If you reorder questions, you need to redo your skip logic. The phone number field does not meet the North American Standard so it's a little kludge. We've had a few issues with photo uploads.

Do

David o.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

A very nice product with upside potential

The customer support team has been very responsive and helpful. The time zone difference between Europe and the US often means that replies don't come back until the next businss day which is a bit of a pain when you're on deadline and need a quick answer. I hope that there would be support in the US time zone going back to the West Coast (Pacific Time of 8am - 6pm)

Pros

Developing a scored survey was fairly easy to do. The formulas and question logic makes it very flexible to develop what is needed. I also like the dynamic if-then functions in ReportR to dynamically generate text content based on formula results.

Cons

I wished that ReportR had more chart options to visualize data. I also wish there were easy APIs to integrate external data sources into the report generated by ReportR.

Darren W.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great for automating survey responses in a PDF to download or email

It's great but just needs an upgrade I think.

Pros

The main reason we used this software was to automate survey responses in a PDF for the user to download or email. There are not many solutions on the market that can do this all in one.

Cons

I think the help pages need updating, they're not very clear when you are new to Survey Anyplace as they describe how to do things but do not show you step-by-step. Not being able to customise the front cover image of a PDF template is a bit annoying and unless you're a CSS wizard, the PDF responses can look very plain.

Becky T.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Amazing platform and even better service

Pros

We have used SAP since March 2020 and it has been huge in growing out business. It is slick and looks professional...which is great if you are a start up company and don't have the expertise/resources to try and design something like this yourself! Support is easily available and accessible. In addition to the easy to follow user guides, they are on hand to answer any more specific questions or bigger queries. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have all been amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has helped me a lot with setting up our white label as we don't have IT expertise at that level as a small (but quickly growing!) start up.

Cons

SAP seem to be constantly adding new features and integrations so maybe more emails about new features would be really useful so we are not missing out (I may just be missed emails though!). Or maybe reaching out the clients and asking what they would like to see by filling out a short form?

TB

Tom B.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

All the flexibility I need for assessment

At the enterprise level I've been able to get support for any questions that have come up, so I'm very happy working with them.

Pros

SurveyAnyplace gives you the flexibility and power to control just about every aspect of creating an assessment AND the report that participants receive. I needed to include lots of individualized data, along with written descriptions, to participants that are based on their responses to multiple questions. I'm providing an exponentially better experience now to my clients who are receiving greater value from my coaching and consulting.

Cons

Because it is so powerful and can do so much, it can take a while to figure out how to make the survey and reports do exactly what I needed. But they have an extensive database of training blogs and videos, so I've been able to figure everything out with a little research, trial and error.

Mitch H.

Market Research, 1-10 employees

Great Survey App for my business

I'm building my start up with this quality app at an affordable price!

Pros

I love that the app has various functionalities such as, offline capability, email alerts, and truly stunning survey designs

Cons

The contact support is not best as they run on Europe time and I run on Eastern Atlantic Time, so it's a bit difficult getting answers to queries in the afternoon my time. But overall I've seen on a number of occasions staff work overtime to try and assist me

MG

Mai G.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Surveyanyplace helps automate forms

Pros

I appreciate that we are able to customize our form interface to our branding, and I like how the reports come out. They are eady to download and professional.

Cons

I wish there were more comparative data options.

HJ

Harvey J.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

A sophisticated solution to complex client interactions

Support and communication is excellent. Very helpful and set us up for success using the platform.

Pros

Reportr is the feature that met our need to provide potential clients with immediate reward for their information. The UX for the potential client is excellent and very professional. It makes us look like a professional business 10 time larger than we are.

Cons

It's a steep learning curve to build the forms and reports. This complexity was challenging the first time we built out a survey/report but gets easier with practice.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Highly customisable but complex…

Excellent if you have time & patience.

Pros

The software does everything you need and didn’t know you needed.

Cons

It’s a steep learning curve! Without the excellent and free, unlimited tech support team I would have given up on this product. White label costs are expensive.

Tom R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Sliding Scale Assessments are possible with PointerPro

Pros

It can build sliding scale assessments. This means you can have questions that people rate themselves then PointerPro adds up the scores. It can also give outcomes depending on the scores.

Cons

It is a bit overwhelming on th backend to do this. It takes a while to get a feel for the settings that have to be in place for the assessments to work properly. Some of the naming of particular features that are required are somewhat hard to interpret and required testing to find out what they did.

MF

Michelle F.

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great, flexible option for creating engaging surveys and quizzes

Survey Anyplace has created new opportunities for us to take our content to the next level with reader engagement. We've seen increased time spent and are also able to obtain valuable information on our reader base that we can use to curate future content.

Pros

The design, logic, and answer option features are great. It's very easy to use. The reporting function is very helpful and produces professional looking .pdf reports with a single-click. The Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager integration is also nice.

Cons

The only things I do not like about the software is the monthly 2,000 response maximum. Some software options included unlimited responses, however, most cost more or did not have as many features.