Smile.io Reviews

Chris W.

I like how simple it is for our team and our customers to use. The UI is very nice and intuitive.

Bianca L. P.

Cons

It is limited to very few POS systems. I left because it is not compatible with Lightspeed.

Heather T.

It should have come out much sooner. I had to suffer through other providers that were far less superior for too long.

4.6

No API unless Enterprise

Pros

Cons

1. The widget is annoying and confuses customers, I don't like having a widget floating on our website for the sole purpose of rewards. For example, if I want to have a chat features, now I have two widgets floating around. 2. No API unless on the Enterprise version. I always detest software that doesn't allow access to their API because you're blocked out of creating anything useful that's custom to your needs. 3. The pop-up widget is confusing to customers. We should have the option of choosing a widget design, or a design that embeds itself into a page like LoyalyLion which is much more intuative for customers to use.

Membership got easier

It's an easy feature to use and set up for memberships or referral programs. I use this every day to solve customer's inquiry regarding their points and this software is really easy to navigate.

Pros

-Adding and removing way to get points and redeem rewards are easy. -The simplicity of managing each members/customers on their membership. -Easily tracked transactions through points and referrals.

Cons

-Sometimes a bug would occur where points got redeemed automatically.. -There's also a bug where points are redeemed, the discount code would not appear on Shopify. -Location of way to earn points and rewards can be more visible on website.

Almost perfect!

Super easy to set up and lot's of awesome features - if you're willing to pay a price that's slightly on the expensive side.

Pros

It's very easy to set up - anyone could do it. Functionality is great - there's a lot of ways you can go for incentivizing customers for giving refferals.

Cons

If you want to customize some things such as referral program messages, you need a version of the tool that's priced higher.

Less expensive but less effective

Pros

Easy to set up and easy to operate. Recent changes to the platform have improved the backend experience.

Cons

Because they design the app to be plug and play it limits the customization which causes issues for branding and user experience.

Very good referral programs

Pros

We used Smile.io for almost a year at our company. It works very well with both Shopify and Shopify Plus. The out of the box functionalities are enough to create a very good and engaging Referral and Loyalty program. , and you can even customize lots of features. We eventually migrated to a different platform that provides more advanced features, but I recommend Smile.io to everyone who owns ​e-commerce and aims to launch a loyalty program in a short time.

Cons

The APIs are a bit limited if you want to set up an ​advanced configuration. The customer support is pretty good, but sometimes they don't really solve​ your problem.

What is good about Smile io?

As customer, I enjoy purchasing products as I can redeem points, rewards, and avail discounts. The app also notifies me about my earned coupon and use it instantly.

Pros

For business owners, smile io will help them to attract and retain customers by creating a unique earning programs. You can give out coupons, rewards, points, and discounts that the customers are looking for as they also want to earn as much as they spend.

Cons

It is not advisable for starting businesses to use this app as they charged 50$ monthly. It is a bit pricey but I think it is still worth to try. When I am using the app as a customer, a bug occured that alter the redeemed points I want to make but it only happened once and I think most of the apps experience bugs that is even worst then this. So, I still recommend this!

Awesome Loyalty APP

Just awesome, really great tool for any ecommerce store on shopify.

Pros

I was able to create a full Loyalty program for my Shopify Store in a couple of hours, even more powerfull than multi-million dollar retailers. A lot of funcionalities and automations, really easy tu understand and setup.

Cons

My store is in spanish and they still haven't translated the whole app... neither allow you to manually translate all the labels and strings, just a few. But still awesome and they told me that they were working on that.

Great Started Product

Pros

It really helped build the foundation of my loyalty program. We started using the free version and it caught on pretty quickly! The retention factor of having a loyalty program has been huge.

Really Great Platform, Nicely Evolving, Great Support

It's been easy and fun. I highly recommend. Nice new features always in development.

Pros

Our rep is incredible. It's easy and intuitive to use. It looks pretty good out of the box too.

Cons

Couldn't have a custom logo for the launcher that would resize correctly. But that's pretty minor.

Great reward platform for our customers

Pros

Such a great tool! The UI is fantastic and the functionality of the software enables us to stay in contact with our most loyal customers.

Cons

It should have come out much sooner! I had to suffer through other providers that were far less superior for too long.

Helps to increase sales through loyalty rewards

Pros

Easy to set up and is visually well-designed. There are a lot of helpful articles that they have and send out to best set up and utilize this app. Provides a helpful way to give your customers more incentives to make repeat purchases.

Cons

The ability to customize this app is limited, even on the more expensive plans. The initial sales rep that I spoke to made it appear to be a lot more customizable than it actually is.

Viral hack

Personal recommendation will forever trump paid ads! Lol trump! Giving people incentive to share your business with thier friends creates the opportunity for viral success. Make it make sense for your business but make sure you give people the credit they deserve for sharing your businesses content!

Pros

Being able to create referral program is priceless!

Cons

I use the free option so I'm limited to fewer options of sharing. I don't think the overall price is fair

Great option for bigger businesses

Smile provided a great service and was really easy to customize and highly engaging for customers. I just wish they offered the service at a lower price point.

Pros

Smile offers some excellent features for VIP programs such as discounts, free gift with purchase, and contest entries you can offer customers. Another thing I like are the milestones they allow you to set so you can create tiers in your VIP program.

Cons

Unfortunately, this service is not practical for smaller or starter businesses because they charge $50 per month and up. This is just too expensive for smaller businesses so a free application is a better option if you can't afford it, but the free ones won't provide you with as many features.

Excellent

Have really enjoyed using this in the store and look forward to having this software continue to grow business.

Pros

Easy to use. Love the idea of rewarding customers on purchases.

Cons

Haven't found anything to complain about yet!

This reviewer only left a rating