Freshchat Logo

Live Chat software for modern messaging

Freshchat Reviews

Suggested alternatives

intercom
zendesk
zoho-desk

I loved being able to use an intelligent bot and program it my way, likewise, the best functionality is being able to mount it on any web page just by pasting the Json.
Quick and simple to use, looks elegant and very professional. The ability to upload images and files is excellent and can be integrated with the business site.
I found it a bit difficult to incorporate in my website. The messages that I read in the morning accumulated in the inbox but with no real customer's names, so I was unable to know who was who.
Sound notifications were not working, the support staff said 'check your computer is not muted' - what. Is this a phone company telling me to check my router is plugged in.
Difficult to transfer chat. Really bad customer support.

JW

Jessica W.

IT Specialist

Construction, 51-200 employees

Great Chat Bot Solution

Transcript

Jessica W.: Hi. My name is Jessica. I'm an IT specialist for BuildZoom. And I give Freshchat a four out...

Don C.

Copywriter

Writing and Editing, 11-50 employees

Freshchat is like a dashcam for your business

Transcript

Don: Hi, my name's Don, I'm a copywriter. I give Freshchat a four out of five star rating. For more reviews...

Sushant K.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Excellent tool to provide superior customer experience

Overall, Freshchat is a great tool for the customer support team. It easily gets integrated with most of the tools. We have used the integration of Freshchat & Freshdesk to manage live chat and tickets.

Pros

We were using Freshchat for managing customer support queries for a delivery business. I liked the ability of Freshchat to manage agents at scale with very good visibility for managers with tracking and reporting. The dashboard has all the options for viewing agents' performance and quality over time. We also used Facebook and Whatsapp integration to put chats of all channels into one place. This helped in improving the productivity of our team.

Cons

I liked all the features apart from chatbots. I found the chatbot very expensive considering the volume of our chats.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Inexpensive chat bot for website

I have been using is for more than 2 yesrs now and i like it as it's totally worth of it's price.

Pros

This is an inexpensive chatbot and has campaign feature which i use very often on my website

Cons

It's not very customisable and does not have features like lead generation.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

You get what you pay for.

Pros

Price is on the lower end of the customer chat solutions out there. And it has the core features you need if you need more than the cheapest options.

Cons

Where to start. Quality is an issue. If you don't have a lot of traffic, maybe this is enough. But the second you get into their more advanced controls, we just experienced so many anomalies... It was hard to know what was us and what was them. And anytime we reached out for help, the majority of their team is based overseas and turn around seemed slow. Then when it came to troubleshooting, they always wanted links and screenshots. Meanwhile, since they took so long to respond, you are long past being in the error state and moved way past the issue - knowing the issue still likely exists. This lead to nothing getting fixed or resolved. Pay the premium and get Intercom or Drift. Or get one of the cheap options out there.

Don C.

Writing and Editing, 11-50 employees

Freshchat is like a dashcam for your business

Love FreshChat. I think it seriously is like having a portal into your users desktop and they are actively on my pages. TOP TIP - dont set it up on homepage, set it up on inner pages of your site.

Pros

I love that it alerts me when someone wants to chat. They are on my site - have read my copy and want to engage with me before potentially leaving my site.

Cons

I think some browsers do have features that block some users. Also...I am not 100% on this but i have had bots or other web crawlers write messages and engage with the chat features. Its not a huge hassle, just a bug sometimes.

JE

Jesus Emmanuel M.

Excellent chatbot

Pros

Cons

It would be great to be able to program the bot through some API

JE

John Elias H.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Abysmal Support, Had to push hard to get our money back.

They have a nice suite of products with a competitive feature set. However, after-sales support was terrible and we could not confidently continue doing business with them.

Pros

The interface is simple and clean. Their products integrate well with each other, so if you like their software they conveniently talk to each other in some way.

Cons

Hopefully, they've sorted their billing issues. We set up our account through one of their representatives and it would bill us for more users than we had. They would proceed to process refunds as credits to their platform instead of back to the original payment method unless you pushed hard. Their support team needs to be replaced, one of the most unhelpful support teams I had to deal with.

PR

Pauline R.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Freshchat Review

Pros

The option to create a chatbot without any coding or development needed; it is well integrated with the other products in the "Fresh" software suite.

Cons

The chatbot is super hard to personalise, hard to set automated messages and the configuration for workflows is very unintuitive and tough to setup. We don't always receive notifications, the AI doesn't necessarily show the correct knowledge base articles, the redirection to the ticketing system is not very well done...

Farrah A.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

FreshChat - really easy to implement

The support you get from the Freshchat team is efficient, they are helpful and fast and knowledgeable

Pros

Easy to use. The setup was so simple and the integration onto the website is quick. The training is self explanatory as the interface is user friendly

Cons

The only issue i have is cost. Most of the API integrations that are available needs to have a higher package plan which can get pricey

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Great Messaging bot for e-com websites

Best messaging software that will help in improving business and acts as a sales bot which really help in reducing human effort

Pros

Freshchat is great messaging software we can integrate in websites. it works as sales bot, and build great relationship between customer and organization.it can help in campaigns that will increase sales.

Cons

Not really con, but sometime it takes little time to respond, and for free-trial period I think there is no 24X7 customer care.

TT

Todor T.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Awsome Chat tool

It helps us provide 24/7 support via a familiar and convenient channel

Pros

Eeasy to integarte and use. Simple and elegant interface.

Cons

I wish we could create AI agents who are as capable as ChatGPT

JL

June L.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Freshchat support is BAD , UNRESPONSIVE,

0 for support good for software

Pros

Cons

Being the Chatting / ticketing company, i have to say their support is really bad after being in touch with them for 6 days ( everyday 2 emails) my billing issue remain unresolved - they said i have not paid $0.23 , and even i paid for full subscription fees at $38, because there is a charging issue ( the payment gateway they use cannot charge anything lesser than $0.5) and i have been emailing...

Information Services, 11-50 employees

No notifications to admin or agent when inbox is not open

Pros

Cheap and affordable pricing Design is good

Cons

Sometimes i forget to check the messages and i miss lot of chat queries because of not receiving desktop notifications for new chat messages. I check emails less often. They have this feature for visitors called "never miss a response by turning on notifications" but not for admins. I've contacted their support and they tell me that i only get notifications if i keep the inbox open

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Chat solution for enterprises

Pros

The thing that I like about freshchat is the simplicity of the UI and its various automation options. I used it for a trial period and I liked the overall experience of it.

Cons

Despite having all the great features it does not offer a lot of customization in the free tier and it becomes expensive when you need more customization when compared with its competitors.

MB

Michael B.

Consumer Services, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Freshchat: Communicate via Online Chatbot to Provide Sales Information and Devices

I’ve used Freshchat services as a loan consumer and subscription service. The ease of use in communicating about my financial inquiries, subscription to HP Instant Ink, have been easy to use.

Pros

My experiences with Freshchat has been through two companies, namely, HP and Klarna. The experiences with the chatbot service have been positive. The chat it is set up to answer FAQs and then if a consumers inquiry requires more detailed human communication, the chat bot redirects with ease to a human to chat through the service. The chats are even saved and not removed from my Klarna Ap. Therefore, I enjoy ease of use, integration with multiple businesses, and the saving of conversations.

Cons

My experiences with this software have been entirely positive. However, occasionally, the human sales associates aren’t knowledgeable, tired of answering questions, therefore rude and careless or have to ask another associate. If it is not programmed correctly it can be difficult or impossible to reach a human.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

An okay chat, if you are using other Freshdesk products

An okay system that is getting by for now.

Pros

There are some basic features that are nice (and other chats don't have), such as being able to post URL links in your chat. It does have an integration with Slack which is nice. Also, if you are using the other Freshdesk products, it may make sense to use this as well.

Cons

As far as features, there is nothing really there to wow you. I can't imagine anyone choosing this product over other options if they are not using the companies other products. If they could provide more options for design, that would be a big factor.

Kate O.

Alternative Dispute Resolution, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

I simply could not figure out how to use it

Pros

Whenever I requested assistance, they would offer someone to assist me, but the person would then send me a whole bunch of highly technical tutorials and the jargon was over my head.

Cons

I could not figure out how to use or optimize it for my business. Also, it wouldn't integrate with ConvertKit.

KO

Kobi O.

The main thing that attracted me to Freshchat was that it looked good...1 was vain

Pros

It looks good and if it had worked it would have done some nice things like linking with Freshdesk and Facebook

Cons

Customer Service. Getting someone on a chat takes at least 30mins in the first place. Then you can tell they are on a few different calls at the same time. Each response takes a long time. Documentation is poor - they have a page that tells you to copy some code. There is no link to the code! Basic Features do not exist (not able to choose which pages the widget appears, when the widget appears) Making changes mainly requires you to add additional code to the site instead of in the settings.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

One of the best software for automated and natural customer chat responses

The overall experience was excellent, I was able to trust their app, and definitely liked their modern look of the UI.

Pros

I like their UI the best, it is very intuitive, easy to understand, and looks beautiful. I can also customize their theme as per my website's requirements. The automated responses they provide are intelligent, learn from previous answers, and can be hooked into any channel like WhatsApp, Sms, Messenger, etc. There is no more convenient app I have seen before. It's very simplified and provides real-time context for faster and more effective responses.

Cons

I did not identify any major con, and any issue I faced during setup was resolved by their customer support team, and they were quick to respond.

IR

Ines R.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

great and simple tool

I found a couple of issues and I had some questions but i didn't get any answer from customer support. The tool is pretty simple and easy to understand I would display and arrange the chats windows in a different way for operators Is not clear the difference between visitors and prospects. Some typical help messages on the sections could help a lot. I would offer to users the chance to close the chat because some times is really annoying

Pros

The tool is pretty simple and easy to understand

Cons

I found a couple of issues and I had some questions but i didn't get any answer from customer support. I would display and arrange the chats windows in a different way for operators Is not clear the difference between visitors and prospects. Some typical help messages on the sections could help a lot. I would offer to users the chance to close the chat because some times is really annoying

MM

Miguel M.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

Fresh chat good chat

Is good but change to Chatwoot because freschat is more expensive

Pros

Easy to deploy and integration to website.

Cons

Need more integration directly to the chat example with messenger whatapp and other tool.

PA

Pavel A.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Great for Mobile Apps!

Pros

So far we use Freshchat for our Mobile App. It's integrated inside, so everybody who uses the chat can get in touch with us. .. and they do... and we respond from the very friendly and easy dashboard for us. also it have free version, which fits our needs for now, which is great !

Cons

Would be better if their cust.support was answering faster.

SC

Steve C.

Sporting Goods, 51-200 employees

Freshchat gives you everything you need!

No serious problems and customer service was quick to help with anything I needed

Pros

The software is incredibly simple to install and intuitive to use. It is also pretty organized, which helps when you need to assign chats to other reps.

Cons

It isn't very easy to search through old conversations.

Krishna P.

Information Services, 201-500 employees

Easy to set up and easy to manage

Good and easy to set up

Pros

All required options are available. Reports and dashboard features are good.

Cons

Sometimes the notifications do not pop up on time which makes the agents difficult to act faster.

TH

Troy H.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Simple Easy To Use and Added a Huge Value to Our Customer Support/Training

Pros

Really enjoyed learning about the software as soon as I signed up for the free trial. I also enjoyed my interactions when their training and support staff who helped me quickly get this up and running. The day it went live for our customers we received great feedback about how accessible our company is.

Cons

Without help it could be a little hard to set up however their support staff was very helpful from the start so I should say their are no cons!

Armando R.

Media Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

A good alternative to zendesk

Some of my clients need a chat tool for their Wordpress wensites. They need to be something simple to use and that can be used in their mobile phone.

Pros

I like the way it integrates with wordpress. Easy to manage by my clients. Connection with FreshDesk.

Cons

Nothing so far that i did not like in the app.