Freshchat Reviews

Freshchat

Live Chat software for modern messaging

4.02/5 (60 reviews)

Pros
  • Fresh Chat is one of only a handful of free, robust tools for providing live customer support via your website with ease. Upfront, the ease of installation and configuration is fantastic.Jason W.Read the full review
  • Quick and simple to use, looks elegant and very professional. The ability to upload images and files is excellent and can be integrated with the business site.Faiz A.Read the full review
  • This is amazing because it allows you to customise so many outcomes.Rameez B.Read the full review
Cons
  • Each response takes a long time. Documentation is poor - they have a page that tells you to copy some code.Kobi O.Read the full review
  • Customer service sometimes missed messages due to this.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • There are times when a comm will be sent via the bot but no response will come through for about a minute.Rameez B.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Farrah Abdurahman

FreshChat - really easy to implement

Reviewed 2019-09-06

The support you get from the Freshchat team is efficient, they are helpful and fast and knowledgeable

Pros
Easy to use. The setup was so simple and the integration onto the website is quick. The training is self explanatory as the interface is user friendly

Cons
The only issue i have is cost. Most of the API integrations that are available needs to have a higher package plan which can get pricey

Yann Ilunga

A solid tool to provide top-notch customer support through live chat

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-10-03

Freshchat has been a solid option to allow website visitors and users to ask questions and for me to interact with them, provide them with answers or point them toward a specific web page or resource.

Pros
The two things that really stood out for me are Freshchat's overall design and user interface and the ability to manage live chat conversations from either a computer or mobile device. The latter aspect is something one would expect from most live chat tools but I think that still isn't the case...

Cons
The one thing I didn't like much about Freshchat had to do with the smartphone app. I had two separate live chat widgets (each on a separate site) and in order to keep track of both, I had to log in and out from the app to access the interface related to the specific live chat. This aspect may not be an issue with some of the Freshchat plans but I found it not ideal since other tools I have used would make it possible to manage live chats embedded on different sites straight from just one dashboard.

Anonymous

You get what you pay for.

Reviewed 2018-12-13

Pros
Price is on the lower end of the customer chat solutions out there. And it has the core features you need if you need more than the cheapest options.

Cons
Where to start. Quality is an issue. If you don't have a lot of traffic, maybe this is enough. But the second you get into their more advanced controls, we just experienced so many anomalies... It was hard to know what was us and what was them. And anytime we reached out for help, the majority of their team is based overseas and turn around seemed slow. Then when it came to troubleshooting, they always wanted links and screenshots. Meanwhile, since they took so long to respond, you are long past being in the error state and moved way past the issue - knowing the issue still likely exists. This lead to nothing getting fixed or resolved. Pay the premium and get Intercom or Drift. Or get one of the cheap options out there.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Pavel Antonov

Great for Mobile Apps!

Reviewed 2020-02-11

Pros
So far we use Freshchat for our Mobile App. It's integrated inside, so everybody who uses the chat can get in touch with us. .. and they do... and we respond from the very friendly and easy dashboard for us. also it have free version, which fits our needs for now, which is great !

Cons
Would be better if their cust.support was answering faster.

Seth Houser

Clean, Professional and Simple Set-up

Reviewed 2020-01-22

I loved the overall chat features. The dashboard and app are very clean. The only reason I switched was due to price.

Pros
I love how easy the dashboard was and how easy it was to set up on my wordpress website. The chat was also very clean, very easy to use multiple members of my team. The app on my phone made it simple to chat with visitors on my website from my phone.

Cons
While I started off with a free version, the paid version was a little too expensive for what I wished to use. I found a cheaper alternative.

Rameez Behardien

Great for front end customer service

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-06-12

I love Freshcaht! It's made customer engagement so much more pleasant for our company as our target audience are not exactly tech-savvy people. This simple and easy to use chatbot is simply a blessing .

Pros
I love the chat bot. This is being seen more and more on various websites with huge traffic and Freshchat does it so well. The fact that the bot interacts with you until such a point where it decides that it can no longer assist and only then pushes you through to a human. This is amazing because it allows you to customise so many outcomes.

Cons
The bot is a bit laggy at times and irresponsive. This, however, is not a major issue as it resolves itself after about a minute. There are times when a comm will be sent via the bot but no response will come through for about a minute.

John Elias How

Abysmal Support, Had to push hard to get our money back.

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-12-10

They have a nice suite of products with a competitive feature set. However, after-sales support was terrible and we could not confidently continue doing business with them.

Pros
The interface is simple and clean. Their products integrate well with each other, so if you like their software they conveniently talk to each other in some way.

Cons
Hopefully, they've sorted their billing issues. We set up our account through one of their representatives and it would bill us for more users than we had. They would proceed to process refunds as credits to their platform instead of back to the original payment method unless you pushed hard. Their support team needs to be replaced, one of the most unhelpful support teams I had to deal with.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Jason Ward

An excellent entry into live chat support

Reviewed 2019-03-20

Initially, I was looking for a live chat solution for one of our clients, but quickly realized the software could become useful for us as well. I explored several good options, including Tawk.to and Pure Chat, but found that overall, Fresh Chat offered the right combination of features and ease of use for our client, making it an obvious choice for us to support and recommend.

Pros
Fresh Chat is one of only a handful of free, robust tools for providing live customer support via your website with ease. Upfront, the ease of installation and configuration is fantastic. One needn't be an engineer to get this up and running quickly, as they provide all the tools needed. From plugins (WordPress in my case) to apps (Android and iOS both available), it's all easy to find, deploy, and use. In addition, there are numerous ways to integrate it with other systems, from Fresh Service, Fresh Desk, to third party integrations.

Cons
Perhaps the only area I think they could improve is by adding additional third party integrations, but that's a minor quibble, as they already offer several. In all likelihood the selection will grow over time.

Faiz Ahmed

Good tool but needs some improvement

Reviewed 2019-08-22

Overall has been good but the notification issue is the big problem for me.

Pros

Cons
My biggest gripe is that the notification is not up to standard. Unless your on one of the Fresh suite the popup does not appear when a new chat comes in. This means that unless you are regularly checking it makes the responses late and therefore not feel like a live chat. It would be good to have a pop out or desktop version so that if you are working on something else an icon will appear to notify you.

Anonymous

Great Messaging bot for e-com websites

Reviewed 2019-11-30

Best messaging software that will help in improving business and acts as a sales bot which really help in reducing human effort

Pros
Freshchat is great messaging software we can integrate in websites. it works as sales bot, and build great relationship between customer and organization.it can help in campaigns that will increase sales.

Cons
Not really con, but sometime it takes little time to respond, and for free-trial period I think there is no 24X7 customer care.

Shikhil Sharma

A refreshing new product in chat industry but limited features!

Reviewed 2017-09-12

- Great interface for end customers - Limited features, but done right - Free trial available with full features to test - Great customer support - The backend dashboard UI is good

Pros
Just like any other Freshdesk product, Freshchat is a refreshing new addition. We gave it a spin for few days as the free trial is a full feature one. The backend dashboard is very easy to use and you can customize the chat widget. The chat widget UI is clean and attractive. Overall, the limited features that it offers are done right.

Cons
Limited number of features. Even the full feature version has less features as compared to other providers. From email communications, I believe Freshchat people are adding more features in upcoming releases. Other similar tools like Resend.io or Tawk.to give many more features in free versions.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Freshchat - Straightforward and Easy to Use

Reviewed 2018-07-25

This has improved customer communication and resolving issues in a timely manner. Very proactive approach.

Pros
The software is very user friendly. It allows our clients to provide feedback while using our website which is very beneficial to improve in areas we need to address. The feature of having multiple chats open is a plus. This software will allows you to get back to your customer even if the customer already left your website by gathering their name, email and phone number. Very proactive approach to chat.

Cons
Notifications to the agents are not very loud, so they don't always hear it if on another chat tab. An improvement that is being worked on.

Muneeba Feroze

Bring customer servie level to the next level

Reviewed 2018-03-01

Pros
I like that you can integrate this program with a lot of other ones, like Facebook Messenger. I like that I can message my team and customers in an intuitive way. I like that I can collect data from the people I want and "put them separately", like a favorite tag. I like the design, it's really modern. I like that you don't have a limit when it comes to having contacts, and there's this section that is called "reports", where you can monitor your team's productivity and you can see what you can do to improve your business.

Cons
It was a bit difficult to set up, but the customer service is really nice and it helped me with everything I needed to know!

shahzeb Ghani

Reliable and easy to use.

Reviewed 2019-04-24

Good.

Pros
It's easy to use and very reliable tool to use. The website conversion certainly increased and we have better qualified leads thanks to freshchat. The support team is easily available and the overall experiance has been very good. Highly recommended for small and new businesses (pricing is a big factor too)

Cons
The billing is sometimes wrong and you have to keep a check on that. But once you raise a ticket, it is easily resolved.

Lavanya Chandrasekharan

Great tool for instant chat

Reviewed 2018-05-12

The Sales team is greatly using the tool and is really liking it!

Pros
Its simple and easy! Freshchat by FreshDesk is helping us attend to the queries of our customers and website visitors almost instantly! The bot is also a part of our Sales team keeping them engaged until we take up :D

Cons
The support is not very quick. There's no 24x7 support for trial. Automation is limited to a couple of available options and are not extendable. There are no extendable criteria.

Jatin Sharma

A good chatting platform

Reviewed 2019-04-26

Pros
Very clean and simple user interface. Instant messaging is very convenient and comes bundled with many features like sharing images and videos.

Cons
I don't have any cons as per now but I would surely like to see some additional features like bot replies should be bit less robotic type.

Modern customer support tool

Reviewed 2017-12-07

cost effective and being online for our customers 24/7

Pros
Switching to Freshchat for the customer support in our foundation proved to be a successful decision. Unlike competitors like Zendes our agents won't need to be online all the time. A customer asks something, the bot gathers relevant information such as name, phone and e-mail and once one of our agents is online they reply to the chat. The customer will be notified by e-mail or pushnotification. The customer can even leave our website due to this e-mail notification. As we work with volunteers we can never guarantee to be online all day but now with Freshchat we won't miss a chat anymore!

Cons
We would like a feature to export a conversation into a Freshdesk ticket for future follow up or to convert them into a KB item

Anonymous

If you have an ecommerce site you need freshchat

Reviewed 2019-03-05

Pros
Great tool for providing real time support. BOTs functionality is great for automatizing. Recommend to each ecommerce site. Allows to provide 7x24 through iOS or Android App.

Cons
If integrated with social media, messages are not marked read on each. :(

James Bertram

In a world of chat and bot solutions, Freshchat wins for me

Reviewed 2019-06-06

It helps us connect with our customers on a professional level across multiple platforms.

Pros
- Professional (why do so many chat apps look so childish?) - Free tier (that is actually useful and doesn't impose ridiculous limits) - Amazing support (even on the free tier, the team go above and beyond)

Cons
I haven't found fault with Freshworks' chat solution, which is why I always recommend it to clients starting new projects.

Yan Fedorov

We use it on our website.

Reviewed 2018-03-30

We can engage more website visitors.

Pros
It's well-balanced and not expensive, unlike alternatives. We trialed with other solutions but after we used free version for a while, decided to go with them. We also use Freshsales and both solutions integrate well.

Cons
No disadvantages, we are happy. Support is quick and I think they would be more quicker if we were in the same timezone.

Steve C

Freshchat gives you everything you need!

Reviewed 2019-01-09

No serious problems and customer service was quick to help with anything I needed

Pros
The software is incredibly simple to install and intuitive to use. It is also pretty organized, which helps when you need to assign chats to other reps.

Cons
It isn't very easy to search through old conversations.

Freshchat

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-11-02

Pros
Really enjoyed deploying this onto our help desk. Customer support is absolutely amazing and go above and beyond to help. UI is great and the ability to create the live chat into fresh desk calls allows for nothing to be missed. We use this for first line support and anything more complex we use it for extra details.

Cons
This used to be included in the fresh desk plan but is now an additional purchase.

Krishna Prasad

Easy to set up and easy to manage

Reviewed 2018-08-10

Good and easy to set up

Pros
All required options are available. Reports and dashboard features are good.

Cons
Sometimes the notifications do not pop up on time which makes the agents difficult to act faster.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Anonymous

Great SDK to interact with our customers easily

Reviewed 2018-04-26

Pros
- Greatly helps in talking to our customer via the application - They provides iOS, Android and Web SDK to integrate in all platforms - Channels are great, so we can send like a notification to users - Tagging each users with custom fields is great

Cons
- While doing the integration with iOS, the documentation for exporting the push notification certificate is mentioned wrong on the official documentation. It took a while for us to figure out. Integration documentations can be improved.

Anonymous

One of the best modern communication tools

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-09-22

Pros
One thing we really like about FreshChat is it's intuitive nature. New users literally become proficient within minutes and experienced users are finding new functionally all the time!

Cons
Compared with other modern chat applications and software, we feel a little slighted with the fees. Skype, Slack, etc, are solutions which cost no money.