All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Freshchat Reviews

Pros

Superb as a customer support tool for quick communication with clients. Both to provide information and to resolve issues.

Michael B.

Read the full review
This is amazing because it allows you to customise so many outcomes.

Rameez B.

Read the full review

Cons

Each response takes a long time. Documentation is poor - they have a page that tells you to copy some code.

Kobi O.

Read the full review
Customer service sometimes missed messages due to this.

Rameez B.

3.9

FreshChat - really easy to implement

The support you get from the Freshchat team is efficient, they are helpful and fast and knowledgeable

Pros

Easy to use. The setup was so simple and the integration onto the website is quick. The training is self explanatory as the interface is user friendly

Cons

The only issue i have is cost. Most of the API integrations that are available needs to have a higher package plan which can get pricey

A solid tool to provide top-notch customer support through live chat

Freshchat has been a solid option to allow website visitors and users to ask questions and for me to interact with them, provide them with answers or point them toward a specific web page or resource.

Pros

The two things that really stood out for me are Freshchat's overall design and user interface and the ability to manage live chat conversations from either a computer or mobile device. The latter aspect is something one would expect from most live chat tools but I think that still isn't the case...

Cons

The one thing I didn't like much about Freshchat had to do with the smartphone app. I had two separate live chat widgets (each on a separate site) and in order to keep track of both, I had to log in and out from the app to access the interface related to the specific live chat. This aspect may not be an issue with some of the Freshchat plans but I found it not ideal since other tools I have used would make it possible to manage live chats embedded on different sites straight from just one dashboard.

Freshchat is a quality chat application with a confusing backend UI and an impossible login system

Freshchat is a quality chat program that can be difficult to setup and lacks the design quality of other competing brands

Pros

Once I managed to create an account, Freshchat was easy enough to setup and offered a lot of customizable features as well as the ability to add up to 10 users - all for free - which made it a useful application for our non-profit. Their API was also very well documented, allowing for custom code to be run to allow for certain things like triggering the chat via URL redirect, all of which was beneficial for a season.

Cons

The initial setup of freshchat - namely creating an account - was nigh impossible, and extremely confusing. Freshchat offers deep integrations with Freshworks suite of products, but for someone not looking to use their other products, it became a nightmare to start. Creating an account meant creating an account with Freshdesk and a couple other products of theirs, then it only would let me login to...

Clean, Professional and Simple Set-up

I loved the overall chat features. The dashboard and app are very clean. The only reason I switched was due to price.

Pros

I love how easy the dashboard was and how easy it was to set up on my wordpress website. The chat was also very clean, very easy to use multiple members of my team. The app on my phone made it simple to chat with visitors on my website from my phone.

Cons

While I started off with a free version, the paid version was a little too expensive for what I wished to use. I found a cheaper alternative.

Great for front end customer service

I love Freshcaht! It's made customer engagement so much more pleasant for our company as our target audience are not exactly tech-savvy people. This simple and easy to use chatbot is simply a blessing .

Pros

I love the chat bot. This is being seen more and more on various websites with huge traffic and Freshchat does it so well. The fact that the bot interacts with you until such a point where it decides that it can no longer assist and only then pushes you through to a human. This is amazing because it allows you to customise so many outcomes.

Cons

The bot is a bit laggy at times and irresponsive. This, however, is not a major issue as it resolves itself after about a minute. There are times when a comm will be sent via the bot but no response will come through for about a minute.

An excellent entry into live chat support

Initially, I was looking for a live chat solution for one of our clients, but quickly realized the software could become useful for us as well. I explored several good options, including Tawk.to and Pure Chat, but found that overall, Fresh Chat offered the right combination of features and ease of use for our client, making it an obvious choice for us to support and recommend.

Pros

Fresh Chat is one of only a handful of free, robust tools for providing live customer support via your website with ease. Upfront, the ease of installation and configuration is fantastic. One needn't be an engineer to get this up and running quickly, as they provide all the tools needed. From plugins (WordPress in my case) to apps (Android and iOS both available), it's all easy to find, deploy, and use. In addition, there are numerous ways to integrate it with other systems, from Fresh Service, Fresh Desk, to third party integrations.

Cons

Perhaps the only area I think they could improve is by adding additional third party integrations, but that's a minor quibble, as they already offer several. In all likelihood the selection will grow over time.

bit dissapointed

I installed this app in my site and really tried to make it work for me, but I had to give up. Because I have so great experience with other Fresh products, I hope I will make it work for me in the future, when I try again.

Pros

I loved the fact that you could have live conversations with customers or visitors to my website. This way it is easier to make them buy a service before they leave.

Cons

I found it a bit difficult to incorporate in my website. The messages that I read in the morning accumulated in the inbox but with no real customer's names, so I was unable to know who was who. Or at least I couldn't figure out how to do it or work fluently with this software.

Freshchat - Straightforward and Easy to Use

This has improved customer communication and resolving issues in a timely manner. Very proactive approach.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. It allows our clients to provide feedback while using our website which is very beneficial to improve in areas we need to address. The feature of having multiple chats open is a plus. This software will allows you to get back to your customer even if the customer already left your website by gathering their name, email and phone number. Very proactive approach to chat.

Cons

Notifications to the agents are not very loud, so they don't always hear it if on another chat tab. An improvement that is being worked on.

Bring customer servie level to the next level

Pros

I like that you can integrate this program with a lot of other ones, like Facebook Messenger. I like that I can message my team and customers in an intuitive way. I like that I can collect data from the people I want and "put them separately", like a favorite tag. I like the design, it's really modern. I like that you don't have a limit when it comes to having contacts, and there's this section that is called "reports", where you can monitor your team's productivity and you can see what you can do to improve your business.

Cons

It was a bit difficult to set up, but the customer service is really nice and it helped me with everything I needed to know!

A good chatting platform

Pros

Very clean and simple user interface. Instant messaging is very convenient and comes bundled with many features like sharing images and videos.

Cons

I don't have any cons as per now but I would surely like to see some additional features like bot replies should be bit less robotic type.

You get what you pay for.

Pros

Price is on the lower end of the customer chat solutions out there. And it has the core features you need if you need more than the cheapest options.

Cons

Where to start. Quality is an issue. If you don't have a lot of traffic, maybe this is enough. But the second you get into their more advanced controls, we just experienced so many anomalies... It was hard to know what was us and what was them. And anytime we reached out for help, the majority of their team is based overseas and turn around seemed slow. Then when it came to troubleshooting, they always wanted links and screenshots. Meanwhile, since they took so long to respond, you are long past being in the error state and moved way past the issue - knowing the issue still likely exists. This lead to nothing getting fixed or resolved. Pay the premium and get Intercom or Drift. Or get one of the cheap options out there.

A refreshing new product in chat industry but limited features!

- Great interface for end customers - Limited features, but done right - Free trial available with full features to test - Great customer support - The backend dashboard UI is good

Pros

Just like any other Freshdesk product, Freshchat is a refreshing new addition. We gave it a spin for few days as the free trial is a full feature one. The backend dashboard is very easy to use and you can customize the chat widget. The chat widget UI is clean and attractive. Overall, the limited features that it offers are done right.

Cons

Limited number of features. Even the full feature version has less features as compared to other providers. From email communications, I believe Freshchat people are adding more features in upcoming releases. Other similar tools like Resend.io or Tawk.to give many more features in free versions.

Good tool but needs some improvement

Overall has been good but the notification issue is the big problem for me.

Pros

Quick and simple to use, looks elegant and very professional. The ability to upload images and files is excellent and can be integrated with the business site.

Cons

My biggest gripe is that the notification is not up to standard. Unless your on one of the Fresh suite the popup does not appear when a new chat comes in. This means that unless you are regularly checking it makes the responses late and therefore not feel like a live chat. It would be good to have a pop out or desktop version so that if you are working on something else an icon will appear to notify you.

Highlight disappointed. Customer service is almost non-existent. Too many technical difficulties.

Highly disappointed.

Pros

It appears to have robust features and they attempt to offer cutting edge technologies.

Cons

I am highly disappointed in the Freddy chatbot. It was supposed to their best chatbot but I was extremely disappointed with it. We set up everything in the test environment and we liked how it worked, so we signed up for a one year service. However, after going live, we found out the live mode doesn't work exactly the same way as the preview mode. We went over with them several times and they admitted...

Freshchat: Communicate via Online Chatbot to Provide Sales Information and Devices

I’ve used Freshchat services as a loan consumer and subscription service. The ease of use in communicating about my financial inquiries, subscription to HP Instant Ink, have been easy to use.

Pros

My experiences with Freshchat has been through two companies, namely, HP and Klarna. The experiences with the chatbot service have been positive. The chat it is set up to answer FAQs and then if a consumers inquiry requires more detailed human communication, the chat bot redirects with ease to a human to chat through the service. The chats are even saved and not removed from my Klarna Ap. Therefore, I enjoy ease of use, integration with multiple businesses, and the saving of conversations.

Cons

My experiences with this software have been entirely positive. However, occasionally, the human sales associates aren’t knowledgeable, tired of answering questions, therefore rude and careless or have to ask another associate. If it is not programmed correctly it can be difficult or impossible to reach a human.

An okay chat, if you are using other Freshdesk products

An okay system that is getting by for now.

Pros

There are some basic features that are nice (and other chats don't have), such as being able to post URL links in your chat. It does have an integration with Slack which is nice. Also, if you are using the other Freshdesk products, it may make sense to use this as well.

Cons

As far as features, there is nothing really there to wow you. I can't imagine anyone choosing this product over other options if they are not using the companies other products. If they could provide more options for design, that would be a big factor.

Easy for employees to use - quite difficult / buggy from a customer service perspective + technical

Quite negative - we have moved providers

Pros

It's a very nice looking interface and aligns with our branding

Cons

It's prone to bugs and very frequently would stop working and the widget disappear

Reliable and easy to use.

Good.

Pros

It's easy to use and very reliable tool to use. The website conversion certainly increased and we have better qualified leads thanks to freshchat. The support team is easily available and the overall experiance has been very good. Highly recommended for small and new businesses (pricing is a big factor too)

Cons

The billing is sometimes wrong and you have to keep a check on that. But once you raise a ticket, it is easily resolved.

Great Messaging bot for e-com websites

Best messaging software that will help in improving business and acts as a sales bot which really help in reducing human effort

Pros

Freshchat is great messaging software we can integrate in websites. it works as sales bot, and build great relationship between customer and organization.it can help in campaigns that will increase sales.

Cons

Not really con, but sometime it takes little time to respond, and for free-trial period I think there is no 24X7 customer care.

Great tool for instant chat

The Sales team is greatly using the tool and is really liking it!

Pros

Its simple and easy! Freshchat by FreshDesk is helping us attend to the queries of our customers and website visitors almost instantly! The bot is also a part of our Sales team keeping them engaged until we take up :D

Cons

The support is not very quick. There's no 24x7 support for trial. Automation is limited to a couple of available options and are not extendable. There are no extendable criteria.

In a world of chat and bot solutions, Freshchat wins for me

It helps us connect with our customers on a professional level across multiple platforms.

Pros

- Professional (why do so many chat apps look so childish?) - Free tier (that is actually useful and doesn't impose ridiculous limits) - Amazing support (even on the free tier, the team go above and beyond)

Cons

I haven't found fault with Freshworks' chat solution, which is why I always recommend it to clients starting new projects.

great and simple tool

I found a couple of issues and I had some questions but i didn't get any answer from customer support. The tool is pretty simple and easy to understand I would display and arrange the chats windows in a different way for operators Is not clear the difference between visitors and prospects. Some typical help messages on the sections could help a lot. I would offer to users the chance to close the chat because some times is really annoying

Pros

The tool is pretty simple and easy to understand

Cons

I found a couple of issues and I had some questions but i didn't get any answer from customer support. I would display and arrange the chats windows in a different way for operators Is not clear the difference between visitors and prospects. Some typical help messages on the sections could help a lot. I would offer to users the chance to close the chat because some times is really annoying

Modern customer support tool

cost effective and being online for our customers 24/7

Pros

Switching to Freshchat for the customer support in our foundation proved to be a successful decision. Unlike competitors like Zendes our agents won't need to be online all the time. A customer asks something, the bot gathers relevant information such as name, phone and e-mail and once one of our agents is online they reply to the chat. The customer will be notified by e-mail or pushnotification. The customer can even leave our website due to this e-mail notification. As we work with volunteers we can never guarantee to be online all day but now with Freshchat we won't miss a chat anymore!

Cons

We would like a feature to export a conversation into a Freshdesk ticket for future follow up or to convert them into a KB item

If you have an ecommerce site you need freshchat

Pros

Great tool for providing real time support. BOTs functionality is great for automatizing. Recommend to each ecommerce site. Allows to provide 7x24 through iOS or Android App.

Cons

If integrated with social media, messages are not marked read on each. :(

Great for Mobile Apps!

Pros

So far we use Freshchat for our Mobile App. It's integrated inside, so everybody who uses the chat can get in touch with us. .. and they do... and we respond from the very friendly and easy dashboard for us. also it have free version, which fits our needs for now, which is great !

Cons

Would be better if their cust.support was answering faster.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.