SysAid Reviews

Powerful Service Desk and Simple to Use, Modular ITSM Tool

4.39/5 (208 reviews)

Pros
  • Our company is satisfied with the tool, the use of it is not exclusive to IT, departments such as maintenance, marketing and finance have joined the use of this great tool.Roberto V.Read the full review
  • The few times we have had any issues with the software in all the years the support has been very responsive. Reliable, reasonably priced and excellent customer service.Edward P.Read the full review
  • The quality of the software is really great. More documentation and tutorial so easy to use, very user friendly.Malcom C.Read the full review
Cons
  • Old fashion, no new functionality, poor windows integration, practically no upgrades in last 3 years, bad user experience, and more.Ivan C.Read the full review
  • My IT department friends say that the administrative side of the program is a pain to deal with. On a personal level I haven't found anything to complain about.Georgi G.Read the full review
  • Load times for certain reports or data could have been faster and there were times when things would stop responding and we needed to refresh, but not often enough for it to be a problem.Joseph R. S.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Thomas Bates

SysAid - Simple Solution, Big Outcome

Reviewed 2019-06-19

The Team are friendly and understood our needs (Once we had defined these). Overall the process has been quite simple, it's simply getting your head around using new software/solutions.

Pros
I love the fact that SysAid is not a boring 'Out of the Box' 'This is what you get' experience. SysAid is tailored to your needs during the implementation process, from colour schemes, to custom data fields, to process automation.

Cons
I dislike the fact that I had to learn 'very basic' HTML to implement notifications. This wasn't a great hinderance, but definitely something I disliked.

James Williams

SysAid Review

Reviewed 2019-10-07

We have tracking capability with SysAid that we never had before. We are able to better route our service requests to the correct team for quicker response. We have better ability to tier our help desk services. We have the capability of tracking hardware and software assets and maintaining an ITIL CMDB.

Pros
Includes an asset management system and CMDB, modern interface for end-users and administrators, excellent sales and technical support.

Cons
Workflow management is a little outdated and has a bit of a learning curve.

David Trafford

SysAid - Great customizable ITMS tool

Reviewed 2020-05-08

Pros
We love how we can customize almost anything.

Cons
The look and feel. It has improved a lot recently though!

Jae Nichols

Behind the times.

Reviewed 2017-09-25

A haphazard ticket system that sometimes works better then nothing at all.

Pros
I like that you can make quick keys for EU's to access Web-Portal. I like the customization of tickets, assets and EU portals (once you can figure them out). I love the Language Configuration Text file you can use to make it totally your own. LDAP integration is a total dream come true.

Cons
Customer service is HORRID! To the point of complaints have to go to CEO of SysAid and had to have HER get on the phone with us. Mobile apps for Android and Now iOS are broken or severely limited functionality and VERY outdated compared to other ITSM's apps. RDS never works correctly. Assets have never fully populated, even though all our systems have agents and services enabled correctly. SNMP devices are atrocious to get to populate and forget monitoring... You have to have a degree in Theoretical Physics near to find the OID's and a dedicated systems analyst to research them and keep them updated. Dashboard has disappeared and can't get it to return, let alone ever work. The entire interface is clunky and looks like it was written when XP was in it's prime. WMI Scans are pointless as you can't do anything with the results of those found devices. Small to Medium business would be better off with Spiceworks IMHO.

Response from SysAid Technologies

Thank you for your honest feedback.
We understand that life is not always perfect, but we want to have open communication with our customers to keep improving.
Sometimes, our CEO jumps on welcome calls with clients, and personally introduces herself. You happened to be on such a call.
To answer your issues:
Mobile apps - We¿ve been working on new apps for the past few months and are currently releasing them to the App Stores. The iPhone app is available and adopted to iOS 11, and a new Android app is currently being uploaded.
Agents and asset management - We¿re working on a better user experience to deploy and manage agents and are constantly introducing updates.
Product interface - We just released a new user experience for end users in our Self-Service Portal and are currently upgrading the admin user interface. Take a look at the new Self-Service Portal, to view the new UI we¿re releasing.
Your account manager will contact you tomorrow to make sure your issues are addressed

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Simon Zimba

Sysaid the best ITSM tool for all

Reviewed 2020-02-20

All in all, Sysaid is an easy to use tool and has a lot of other feathers that can be utilized by any size of the orgainzation

Pros
Sysaid is easy to implement and use. i like the Change and release component which is on point. the ticket aging is also one feather is easy to pick

Cons
The report creation is quiet difficulty. needs i lot of training and time to understand

FREDERIC BROUSMICHE

Very good ITSM tool

Reviewed 2020-04-23

Very good experience since the first contact sales support and presentation, implementation support is great

Pros
capabilities of the tools, Gui, look &feel, flexibility, configurable, CDMB

Cons
nothing about the software but maybe the fact that they are not providing on site implementation support. we were not used to that but it is going quite well

David Mercado

Great tool, simple to use, ITIL aligment and powerful customization capabilities

Reviewed 2020-02-20

Being easy to use, configure and completely aligned with ITIL framework we implemented it successfully with a fast user adoption; now I have full knowledge on what is going on in my department.

Pros
It have several options to create a ticket (from e-mail to a key on the keyboard - F11) and is powerful enough to support detailed customization (look and feel, personalized templates, e-mail with expected resolution dates, tickets categories, timers, notifications, etc).

Cons
Project tracking is rudimentary (Understood that it's not part of the scope)

Joe White

I love SysAid!!!!!!!!!1

Reviewed 2020-02-21

I have now used SysAid at 4 companies. Every company I go to I change out their system to SysAid.

Pros
It has so many features included with the product. It's very easy and intuitive to use. It has all the tech ops tools I need under one roof. We're changing the way our entire business functions with an IT tool.

Cons
Setting up incident management is easy. Finding the capacity to setup all the features and functionality has been a challenge. This isn't a con but more of a frustration for me. It's easy to see everything it can do and use cases. The challenge is putting all the thoughts into logic to make it happen.

Mario Echeverria

Why we choose SysAid's Help Desk Software

Reviewed 2020-04-28

Great support, they solve very quickly any doubt.

Pros
A very powerfull ticket management tool, is very easy to install it and start using it, you can modify/personalize the flow that the ticket will follow and create different roles for the team members, log the time of the activities and have an insight panel in where you can see a summary of the tickets pending for assignation, closed or being categorized depending of your needs.

Cons
So far I have no complaints, the software does their job

Reviewed 2019-12-03

Overall, the system works. It can just be extremely high maintenance to use.

Pros
I like most how easy it is to work on a ticket and then re-assign it to someone else. When someone gets a ticket, it's easy to see the history of what has happened the sysaid breaks down all the information of each ticket so that it's easy to follow.

Cons
The feature I like least is the e-mail notification. Whenever any new activity happens on a ticket, you get an email notification and this sounds like a good idea on the surface. But the problem comes when get tons of unneeded email. For example, I will close out a ticket (and get a message that the ticket is closed). Then, if the user responds to say thank you, it opens the ticket again (and sends another message to me). If I get the thank you not the next day and close out again, but that user is now out of the office and has an auto-reply turned on, the auto-reply triggers the ticket to re-open again - and send me another message that this has happened. I have literally struggled for days on end to close of ticket because of stuff like this.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Chris Whitaker

SysAid is a great product that could be a fantastic product

Reviewed 2017-10-31

We were able to get a comprehensive product that gave us the biggest bang for our buck compared to any other product. Overall we are very happy with it. Support, not so much. There are lots of things we would change, or focus on changing for sure.

Pros
We like SysAid because of it's flexibility in design. We are easily able to create new forms and templates for different kinds of tickets and as such were able to roll out SysAid to our entire company and it is now utilized by every department in our company. We love the workflow features and that we are able to incorporate data from our active directory infrastructure to be able to identify end users and their departments or managers. We are very happy with our ability to modify and maintain escalation rules. Because the system is operating on Microsoft SQL Server we have been able to very successfully use SQL Reporting Services to generate very robust reports to provide our management teams with metric data that was previously unavailable.

Cons
Getting support is like pulling teeth. Some design element a lacking suck as the ability to edit and remove and or re-arrange workflow tabs. The system seriously lacks any granularity in administrator security and data security. Example, in order for an Admin to be able to use the LogMeIn feature, they have to be a SysAid Administrator. However with over 75 Administrators in our organization, we don't want them all to have the power to change our system configuration. So it lacks foresight that a feature like that would require the keys to the house to be able to use. The same thing goes for designing templates. There is a security role to be able to modify and design templates, but you cannot create custom fields and new lists with that role, so users cannot complete the designing of their forms without having been given the SysAid Admin role which is more power than we want them to have over the system. This leads to unforeseen problems where departments admins start making changes to the system without knowing that the change does not only affect them or their department. Canned reporting is not great. Even the custom reporting feature is not good.

Leonel López

A great IT service management tool

Reviewed 2019-08-13

for years we needed to get KPI's based on the support workload for the IT team, now we can have them with sysaid

Pros
easy to use tool for end users, and capabilities for reporting services

Cons
very restricted directly access to database.

Ahsan Khalid

Reviewed 2019-08-30

We are using SysAid to manage our day to day incidents and requests. Along with that we have de-commisioned solar winds and intune and only use SysAId as our Asset management.

Pros
We implemented SysAid for our ticket and asset management system. SysAid is nothing but a great system which can improve productivity drastically. The thing I like most about the system is that the varieties in which it could be molded depending on customers needs. I will definitely suggest SysAid.

Cons
I have not come across any cons until now.

Charles Steck

SysAid an awsome help desk ticketing software

Reviewed 2019-08-14

the SysAid product has streamlined or IT help desk and asset management. we have actually used it for our human resources and mainentence departments for toruble tickets....I just love the software

Pros
As software provider SysAid is top notch, excellent support and product. the software actually does what it says it can do with an easy to understand interface and rock solid dependability. if your looking to make you IT life a lot better give them a try. I started with the free version and in a short time moved to the full cloud version and have been completely satisfied

Cons
I really have no Cons, the software just works and there support is top notch

Jon Siedlik

Exceptional Customer Support & Powerful Service Desk

Reviewed 2016-01-27

First off let me start off with saying that we've have had our issues with SysAid over the years but SysAid has improved leaps and bounds since we decided to go with them and I'm glad we stuck with them despite the issues. We first rolled SysAid out locally and have since migrated to their cloud edition. We utilize almost all of the features offered by SysAid. ****LIKES MOST**** -Features: Incredibly powerful and feature rich service desk. If locally hosted you can control virtually every aspect of the service desk and customize it to your liking. -Customer Support: Amazing customer support and online community. You can tell the team behind SysAid is passionate about their product. -Price: Comparatively speaking SysAid is equal or lower in annual cost to operate (we use the Cloud edition). -Reporting: MUCH improved reporting. -Asset Management: Possibly my favorite feature. SysAid will scan my network and add assets to my service desk. SysAid will alert me when certain events occur with the asset and keep my assets up-to-date. ****LIKES LEAST**** - Lack of integration with third party applications however SysAid is currently working on this. - Ease of use: SysAid is packed full of functionality and it can be a little intimidating or difficult to get setup however the online help and online community make things a much easier. - Lack of high-level, customizable dashboards which are common with other service desks. - Lack of email response integration which is common with other service desks. SysAid does integrate with email servers however for email responses to link to the ticket the message must be generated using the messaging system within the service desk. Communication with the end user via an email client will not tie back to the service desk ticket.

Response from SysAid Technologies

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your honest feedback- it's extremely valuable to us. I know that your account manager has since been in touch with you to ensure that you're familiar with all of SysAid's customization options in the cloud- which are identical to those offered in the locally-hosted (on-premise) solution.

You mentioned that you could benefit from a high-level dashboard, so I'm hoping that you've now had a chance to check out SysAid's new BI Analytics module- just released in January 2016. This is an out-of-the-box BI tool powered by Qlik and now built in to SysAid, that will save our customers enormous time and resources on obtaining critical data. Thank you again for all of your comments!

Kim.

Frank Vrba

SysAid Helpdesk

Reviewed 2019-04-08

Excellent! We have used it for many years. Our users like our seasonal theme on the home page. A really nice feature is the ability to keep track of instructions on procedures and how-to articles. We used to keep electronic documents for all that and still have some but having most of them in one place all categorized has made it much easier to find the one we need.

Pros
How flawless it works all the time. Even when we make user errors, the program never crashes. We have experienced a problem a few times over the years. Support is very fast and provides correct fixes right away. We have the ability to make changes in all the screens we use, to customize them for what we want and somewhat how they look. It's very fast. When a user enters a case, we see it immediately. There are far more features that we don't even use.

Cons
It's difficult to find locations for all the areas that can be customized. The whole user interface from the administrator's side could be improved by making it more friendly in finding my way around. The appearances for the whole thing could be polished up with better graphics.

Ryan Bahten

Great value for robust Help Desk software

Reviewed 2019-05-07

Prior software (SchoolDude) was not made for IT Help Desk and was not user-friendly for any users. SysAid was about the same price and is IT-specific tool. Easy implementation and on-boarding of new product was nice.

Pros
Ease of implementation and ease of use for our End Users. LDAP integration was a plus; and reporting features are robust.

Cons
Occasional issues with the hosted environment and not always the clearest communication regarding causes of downtime or ETA to be up.

Coy Nobles

SysAid is a Great ITSM that provides a robust, feature rich experience

Reviewed 2020-05-08

Pros
SysAid has been instrumental in unifying the ticket and request workflows. Their professional support has always been receptive and their ability to present solution for complex business processes has always been impressive. We consider them a strong ally in assuring that our IT departments can provide the best service to our teammates.

Cons
SysAid is a resolutely stable system. It does everything its advertised as doing in a feature rich and robust manner. If I had to pick a critique its more along the lines of evolutionary. SysAid's features and visuals are currently being updated. This process is conducted in a manner as to not cause issues with various parts of the system. The consequence of this are various applications of a component in different manners in different "subsystems". This is smart on the company's part as it does not disturb any functionality of the overall system. For back-end administrator's, this transition can take adjustment as you jump from configuring various features. These changes are seamless in application for end users and administrators.

Jonathan Purvis

Sysaid Rocks

Reviewed 2019-10-07

Pros
Sysaid not only helps you streamline your day to day helpdesk activity but also a number of other key IT-related tasks. Using the workflows you can automate new starts leaver where you require notification to multiple departments. With Sysaids self-service unlock you don't need another app to allow user unlock their accounts and this saves on the footprint on your device with only one agent. and with escalation rules and routing you can automate communication to users. And lastly its asset management allows me to proactively monitor my servers and devices plus it keeps my asset inventory up to date

Cons
The project module needs some love and attention i don't find it works well for me compared to simple tools like trello. But in saying that it's a minor issue.

Maximilian Haag

Takes a bit to get used to, but really powerful after that

Reviewed 2019-04-16

We needed something to track our issues and requests and since I've used SysAid for 3 years before and only had good experience with it we decided to go with it.

Pros
- Helpdesk / Servicemanagement: The helpdesk is great and really easy to use (for admins and end users). - Asset management: The assetmanagement is really detailed. The deployment can be a bit annoying in the beginning but once you've learned how to do it, it just works I really like the login history for PCs with the SysAid agent. - Customizeable: Almost every page in SysAid is customizeable. If you don't like a field in a ticket or asset, just remove it. - Self service portal: The new Self service portal HTML5 UI for end users is beautiful and scales well.

Cons
- Admin UI: While the admin UI is really customizeable, it's also really old and just doesn't feel right (to me) anymore. SysAid just revealed their new HTML5 UI for admins (early 2019) but since we're still on the legacy UI I've decided to put it in here. - Knowledgbase: The knowledgebase popup window looks really old aswell, especially if you open it from the new SSP UI. It's also just a bit weird to use, especially the HTML editor is a real annoyance for me.

Matteo Tassi

Full featured Helpdesk Software with outstanding user support

Reviewed 2019-04-24

We finally are catching the sense of what is going on in our department (tickets, requests, problems), manage our knowledge base, and have some automatic rules to reply and close unanswered tickets. Also reports are a valid asset.

Pros
this israel based company has done a great job by putting out - and constantly enriching - a full featured ITIL based help desk software which covers with various modules (Help Desk, asset management, workflows) most of the daily routines of an IT department. there are many products out there in this category, what I here like the most is the aggressive user support which Sysaid offers: their team is really keen on solving each single issue you might have. they use their product for their own processes - of course - and they are highly motivated.

Cons
the user interface is being rewritten and is more modern now with the latest release. we did not apply it yet but plan to do so soon. certain rules and forms can be complex to manage, a good implementation at the beginning is mandatory. unfortunately there is nobody with know how in our country, the setup has to be performed mostly remotely which can be a bit of an effort.

Christopher Deal

Great for the budding IT - Requires some knowledge

Reviewed 2018-07-12

Pros
I loved this software, once you got beyond the intial setup, it made ticket creations, assignment, and conclusion very easy. Clients loved being able to create tickets for issues rather than having to pick up a phone, text, or send an e-mail in hopes someone responds. Now they can quickly check the status of a ticket, add notes/screenshots, see response times, and know when work has been completed. Customer support was very helpful, even on the free version to any questions I had.

Cons
Setup. Oh boy setup. This software requires a few hours of initial setup time, web server configuration, and an idea of how you want your workflow to happen. You'll need to provide clients with a small tutorial on how to use it, but once you get over that hurdle it's easy going.

Sysaid es Excelente

Reviewed 2019-07-03

all the in The problems that are being solved with sysaid and its platform is to keep track of incidents and thus we can realize that we are failing and better our support servicecidences of my company

Pros
Hi, what I like the most about sysaid is its easy operation for users when lifting a ticket and thus solving their problem immediately, on the other hand we can take a very well organized inventory of computer accounts and the best is not as expensive as other systems from itil

Cons
what I dislike about sysaid is that their technical support is too bad and there is not so much information on the web, since we recently had a migration from their system to another server and they could not help us, they took too long to contact us and when they were migrated their system was when they contacted us

Anonymous

SysAid is a cost effective ticketing system. It has many add-on modules to enhance its functionality

Reviewed 2017-11-01

We use it daily for our ticketing system and it is our asset management system. It performs these two functions very well.

Pros
It was simple to get the cloud version up and running. We had a bit of a learning curve keeping responses to emails from creating duplicate tickets. Pushing out the agents to our desktops for asset management was very simple and is very useful. I used it frequently to ensure software compliance.

Cons
There are many add-on modules but compared to the cost of this system, they are rather pricey. The remote control feature built into SysAid if frustratingly slow and cumbersome. SysAid just released an add-on for TeamViewer that looks very promising but it costs for one simultaneous usage. I have rarely used tech support but when I did, it was always a call back.

Stephen Vancza, CFRE

Full Featured - Ease of Use Support Desk and Change Management Solution

Reviewed 2019-04-15

I've been using SysAid for over 15 years both in my current company and in my previous company. I could not be more pleased with this product and the way they handle their version upgrades always making the product better and listening to their customers in making their product better. I also used their professionals to provide enhanced training to my staff and it is helping to make our helpdesk better than ever for our staff and end users.

Pros
The Self-Service dashboard that was recently introduced. The Business Analytics that was added that I have begun to use and find it extremely useful. The staff and people that I have had the pleasure to work with over the past 15 years.

Cons
Cant say there is much I do not like. To be able to have more configuration options in the reporting and Business Analytics would be nice.