AppSheet

Mobile app creation for technical and non-technical users

AppSheet Reviews

Pros

Customer service : The AppSheet community is very powerful and the people at the organization takes very good care of its customers.

Vishal D.

Appsheet was the perfect solution. The app was simple to create and connect to the data and the support received during development and before paying a penny has been great.

David J.

Excellent community of support, regular enhancements, and empowering tool. Enjoy using it, learning about using it better and achieving my goals.

Marlene W.

Cons

Sometime errors are confusing and it takes time to figure out what is wrong. Contacting Customer Support through email is slow.

Pamela M.

The payment plans were confusing and get costly very quick, especially for small companies.

Spencer J.

The pricing policy around users vs apps is quite confusing and there is no option to mix both options.

Chris J.

AppSheet es la mayor revolución después de Excel

Mi experiencia con AppSheet ha sido fantástica. He podido dar solución a cantidad de problemas que se presentaban y que por arte de magia se podían resolver sin usar una sola línea de programación. Esto es maravilloso. Además sin duda, la facilidad para llegar a un producto mínimo viable con AppSheet es única.

Pros

Uno de los puntos más fuertes sin duda es su versatilidad y su agilidad. AppSheet se puede adaptar para todo tipo de negocios y de proyectos y además de una manera super rápida. Esto aporta una ventaja enorme frente a cualquier desarrollo planificado antiguamente tanto en tiempo como en coste.

Cons

Quizá la parte que convendría más reforzar es la parte de la capacitación a los usuarios. Por suerte hay academias como TailorSheet (www.tailorsheet.com) que explican paso a paso cómo crear aplicaciones en esta plataforma que resuelven problemas más complejos y que salen de lo básico.

Coding for people who don't code

AppSheet was great for implementing small applications in the workplace, meant to be used by one person. Once the ideas started to take off, there was a lot of limitations I ran into, including price. At that point I found it more lacerative too look into other solutions and migrate my apps to another platform.

Pros

AppSheet is an incredible piece of software that easily integrates with Google Sheets, Excel, Salesforce, and others. Its GUI is very user friendly, and allows new/amature coders to create full web-apps with minimal knowledge. Very easy to use, and produces apps quickly.

Cons

Price-point, and bugs. Knowing the number of variables AppSheet has to account for in any app, there are still certain kinks that need to be worked out. Also, AppSheet is free, unless you really want to utilize all of its features. Unfortunately, once you start getting into apps that require multiple users, or creating workflows, then you start paying per user, or a tier based price structure per app. With competition quickly rising, their prices are easily beat by competitors like PowerApps.

one step more than glideapp

I am using it to teach over 3 years and it is very good.

Pros

it is a no code builder very good for students that are not it and want to develop their idea in a mobile app.

Cons

the amount of money the students has to pay if they want to use it for comercial purpose, glideapp is free but limited.

Opportunities to advance with technology exist

I have created something new, nobody has seen anything like it before. Without AppSheet offering considerably reasonable fees for Public Apps, my start up would not exist. AppSheet has allowed me the leg up I require to gather and collect an "Aussie Renters community" offering assistance in an area they have been left to struggle in for far too long. I am grateful that AppSheet has allowed me to create my idea into an App, something that would have cost $80,000 to write with a programmer, the only reason why I didn't create this a decade ago.

Pros

The Utube videos and support offered by AppSheet made it possible to create an App the way I wanted it to run.

Cons

My App runs on pre-stored data and once my users have selected the questions, a code was presented and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get this code to just populate it's field. The code had to be selected otherwise it did not save. I still don't know how to get 3 of my codes to save without being clicked.

Hi Anne, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear that you were not able to successfully integrate your data. I'm not quite sure what you mean by you weren't able to get this code to just populate its field, but if you would be willing to screenshot your issue and share it in our Google+ community (https://plus.google.com/communities/117336961081239352051), you should be able to get the help you need.

A solid app experience, not without its pain points

AppSheet filled a niche for us and we're satisfied with its performance. We have confidence that it can do what we need, and we look forward to usability improvements in the future.

Pros

AppSheet performs well and is reasonably quick for our users. I love that we can make the app public so users don't have to sign in. We're using it embedded in a SharePoint site, so the only users who see it are already authenticated. The app builder starts you out with some reasonably good suggestions for your data, and there are a lots of options for display. In general, the Google Material Design UI is pleasant.

Cons

Some column types aren't useful in certain situations. The worst part of AppSheet in our experience, however, has been the need to recreate custom formatting for each column in a table. Since this table has hundreds of columns, we really wish we could copy and past or duplicate styling.

Uso de Aplicacion

Genial, su facilidad de uso de implementacion rapida e intregracion y ademas la visualizacion e los camnbois es EPICA

Pros

Por la facilidad de inetgraciones de documentos a aplicaciones

Cons

esta un poco enrredado la confoigracion de pantallas

Develop an App to suit you.

Develop the master programmer in you

Pros

How many times have we not wanted the PPPs to adapt to our needs? This dream has come true; With AppSheet you can create your own applications directly from any of your smart devices and with your own data. Completely compatible, both with your iPhone and with the Android system, and the best thing is that your data, spreadsheets, or any other information, even those that you use frequently in the clouds, can now be more at hand than before. One of the many advantages is that your applications adjust in a personalized way, and to the extent that your creativity and your needs increase, in the same way you can add quickly and easily, all the features that you can think of or that you need and without having to be a professional developer, then you share them with the people who need it

Cons

Like any system, it is important to remember that, in order to achieve its optimal understanding and development, it is necessary to enter and relate directly and personally to the application, which is why users should be aware of their needs, so that later, can try different solutions for your needs. Remember that although there are free versions, also the paid versions offer a wider range of possibilities and developments.

A great addition to Google Workspace

Pros

The swift display of cloud data was key

Cons

Modest flexibility of the layout and design options

I am an App developer and i know no code!!

Excellent .. already have 4 apps working and brainstorming to do more.

Pros

I understand Excel and Google spreadsheets, and because of that i can make excellent Apps for my clients. Right now i have 4 apps being tested and i just started using this product 2 weeks ago ... the community support is so helpful ...

Cons

So many options - it's takes a little time understanding how they all work ...

Game changer for non-coders

Overall a very useful software that helps you customize and create apps with the features you always wanted and without the need of an experienced coder.

Pros

It easily lets you create an app using allp possible sources that we frequently use like Excel, Google Sheets, etc. The user interface is friendly and easy to use for a person with no prior coding experience.

Cons

The versions with all features are slightly priced higher. Sometimes we get debugging errors and the explanations are hard to understand.

Create almost everything

Great in all aspects. It helped us to grow much faster by gaining new cliens through rapid development and workflow automation.

Pros

Easy to learn Resourceful for learning, easy to find the required answer in help center and community page. Very much customer oriented. Samples apps are very simple to learn each functionality. Very responsive to customers.

Cons

UX: Web view; It would be great if the look of Web browser view is improved. It would be much easier faster for new creators to Learn if there are some sample apps that run in full functionalities and integrate with "In-App-Tutorial". Less focus on developing financial apps although there are some mini budgeting app.

Want to develop mobile apps? Then you hit an exact match!

I have met AppSheet while I was searching the net on how to develop a mobile app from an Excel file. It was a DIY platform, pretty well organized and have some sample apps to show. To be honest, I though that these guys must either be kidding me, or the output is useless on the first sight. Simply, the platform was an add-on to Google Docs. But after I've started to build an app for myself and began...

Cons

The mobile app DIY platform I returned to.

When I was first looking for a mobile app development platform, I wanted something simple to use but powerful enough to allow me to completely customize the app to the vision I had in my head. When I first started using AppSheet it was only 7 months after they went live; at that point it was still in it's early stages and experiencing many growing pains. I found myself running into the limitations...

Cons

Very easy way to create a functional mobile app with simple spreadsheets

Overall, this worked fairly well for our company at the beginning. We used it to organize work orders for technicians and we loved the customization options, however, we ended up growing out of it and switched to a software that was more expensive, but already set up to handle the work load we have.

Pros

It's very easy to create an app with some simple data. You can add many fields and it's much easier to create this type of app than to learn code and become an app developer. It's pretty user friendly and has a lot of simply easy to use features. You can add maps, phone numbers, forms, price lists, or slideshows. It's a great way to organize work for a team and everyone can easily see it. Very customizable.

Cons

If you use the free version, there is a very long loading time required. If you use the paid version, it might be worth your time to look into software that is customized to your business needs already. You may find something for slightly more that will work well. You will be using Google Sheets for all your data and information. If you are uncomfortable with a spreadsheet, this may not be the best for you.

A Review of AppSheet.

The graphic user interface involving toggle buttons and icons are very helpful and increase efficiency in app creation. Overall this great mobile app has saved us a lot of headache. Highly recommended for industry firms that might specialize in keeping track of sales and also the hospitality sector.

Pros

AppSheet has been an incredible mobile application. It has helped our company to establish high quality iOS and Android apps. It's helpful that AppSheet can draw information directly from Excel spreadsheets and from items uploaded to Dropbox. The customizable apps generated are gorgeous. Company logos and colors can be as abstract or sleek as imaginable and apps can be updated by the end user. It's great! Lots of support, and fair pricing that is on a per month basis. Nothing shady.

Cons

I will say AppSheet takes a bit of time to get through the learning curve. Brand new users might experience some frustration. But after the initial learning period, AppSheet definitely becomes easy.

We use Appsheet to develop data collection practices for our NGO supporting refugees in Jordan

Appsheet has given us the ability to build our data collection and management practices in a modular way, which allows us to take advantage of their specific value in the context of our wider stack. Because our budget is limited, it's so helpful to use software such as Appsheet to get the best value for our money.

Pros

Appsheet is quick to deploy, powerfully-featured, and reasonably-priced for our needs. We've been able to rapidly build and iterate our data collection and management practices. Because we rely on volunteers and short-term interns, it's important that the software be easy to use and maintain, and we've found that the ramp up period is short.

Cons

Because we work with apps in both English and Arabic, it's important that we be able to switch between the languages, or even use both in certain fields. The support for left-to-right and right-to-left languages could be improved. We understand this is a pretty narrow use case, but it would allow greater adoption in the refugee space.

Build Customers Solutions with No Experience

My experience with Appsheet has been very positive. I was able to create a custom mobile solution that wouldn't have otherwise been obtainable financially for our company.

Pros

The possibilities with AppSheet are endless. I built an app that shows a listing of odd inventory for our lumber company. While the system does require some knowledge of formulas, conditional formatting and database structure, most of that can be learned through their tutorials.

Cons

Activating the app on user's phones can be somewhat annoying. Unless you go to the higher paid tier, you can only use Google accounts to access the app.

A paper plane that will take you far away

I could say that this type of tool is one of those that we have to dare to use even when we do not have much training in the area. The results can be extremely good.

Pros

I had the opportunity to participate in a tourism project with a partner dedicated to the systems area and the experience with this complement was very good. I think he made the job easier for us during the development of the mobile app. Even for non-programmers, it can be easy to use. It is based on "Excel" spreadsheets and the data structure is quite simple. Some of the things that caught our attention...

Cons

Personally I see no negative points, I think it is a tool that gives opportunity to professionals who are not from technical areas to learn and create or work on very interesting projects.

A platform that takes the tedium out of building mobile apps

Launching the app and aligning it to end-user demands and expectations has not been a challenge at all. Since it is a dev+hosting platform, things are very much under my control. Helpful features like cloning an entire app make discovery and troubleshooting painless. More importantly, you pay only for the actual number of users!

Pros

For non-techies, with some basic understanding of application software and their usecases and essential database awareness, Appsheet lets you offer practical solutions very quickly and cost-effectively. I have not seen any other platform that makes it so dumbed down.

Cons

There are limitations that are quite possible for a platform that is still evolving. But, nothing so much that will force you to look for alternatives.

Excellent app for people who are not programmers

We have other applications that are built by programmers and this is an easier application to adjust and improve upon quickly.

Pros

This is a great way to develop applications that work for your specific need. There are many options of functions that can be performed in this application, and there is a low cost to rolling the apps out. They are constantly updating the features of the application making it more user friendly. It is really great that it works of a database in google, which gives it a very stable platform and is easy to switch between users in the app and administrators who may need to cull the data.

Cons

If you are not in the programming world some of the functions are a little more complicated to use, and take some trial and error.

Appsheet is very easy to use

I work in a K12 education context, used to be a teacher for 40+ years. While I am nearing my pension, I have had an enormous amount of fun building this app.

Pros

The ease of use. No coding required. You can gradually build your app and learn while doing this. I found there was a gradual learning curve that met my needs and my capability.

Cons

Sometimes, it takes a long to synchronize. The way to correct mistakes that you make is not always obvious and you will need help. But on the other hand, the community is large enough and very helpful, so you will never have these problems for a longer period.

If you thought getting a mobile app for your business was expensive and tough, think AppSheet.

Our field sales team is brought together on a common platform that is easy for the users and managers as well. The spreadsheet interface also allows almost all usuaal spreadsheet app capabilities to be made use of easily

Pros

Its the ease of building an app from a Google Sheet and then having the freedom to shape it up with a full-fledged admin panel. And the beauty is that I haven't had to use the admin panel for months together: the app has been going on and on, without any interruption! I have no piece of hardware or software to worry about or monitor on a daily basis

Cons

Appsheet will help you do more in Sales!

Easy and accurate to trackdown sales and listings for real estate properties that we are selling. Reporting is absolutely executed well. The sales goes up when your client can easily pinpoint at the map where they wanted the location and what are their other options in the area.

Pros

Perfect and easy way to develop an app. No programming knowledge necessary. Very comprehensive. Use Google Sheets as yoir database.

Cons

Well to really have the best of the appsheet software you have to pay for their subscription plan but if its just for pesonal use you can still use it for free.

very good tool to create your own mobile application in a matter of seconds for Android and iOS

Pros

if you want to have a mobile application for Android and iOS AppSheet is a good tool for that. allows us to create a mobile application quickly and easily from its tools and where it offers us to start testing your application for free. The good thing about AppSheet is that it is not necessary to know the programming codes to develop our application. We can do it in a simple way and where we can find enough documentation on the web to guide us and build a mobile application.

Cons

Although AppSheet offers a lot of tools and ways to develop an app we can find a development limitation and problems that would not be the case if the development were done with code.

Easily Develop Apps For Your Business

Overall it's a great application which saved our company thousands of dollars and a great amount of time allowing us to develop an app to track the data we needed in a simple way which everyone can have access to

Pros

You can create your own applications for your business with less resources, both time and money. It allows you to build your own applications using your business' data and with not too complicated programming. Application design is limited and quite simple but the relatively short amount of time it takes to build an app using AppSheet makes it worth it.

Cons

As mentioned before, the limited customization options. Also, applications can run slowly if the user is using a not so powerful device.