Userback

Collect fast visual feedback from any website or design.

Userback Reviews

Pros

I'm pretty impressed with the development progress of Userback and it was really great to support a local market platform.

Cameron C.

Userback is very easy to deploy and is very visual, super easy for clients or internal team members to share feedback/changes that helps in saving a lot of time.

Jitin S.

Great integrations with tools like Trello facilitate workflow. Very helpful during website development.

Ryan S.

Duarne B.

Some graphics and fonts dont transfer over between from the screenshots. This makes it slightly hard to show issues, If i am trying to show a problem with the font etc.

Paul H.

No white label, and it asks the user for feedback on their userback experience every time which is a bit annoying.

4.9

Easy to use, feedback and collaboration tool

90% of our usage is to collaborate with clients during web development. Getting feedback on designs, and more importantly, using feedback widget on the staging website to get clients feedback and make necessary changes. It makes the process extremely smooth and clients have no trouble using Userback to communicate with us. Saves a lot of time and back and forth emails, when conversations are linked to actual screenshots with clients' notes.

Pros

We've used Userback since 2019. First started with placing it on the website and client portal, and then using it during website development to get feedback and collaborate on making changes with clients. It works really well and annotation tools are accurate and easy to use. Non-technical clients have no issue using it to submit feedback on designs and website changes. Makes life easy getting feedback, tracking implementation progress, and communicating with clients back and forth in the comments section.

Cons

Honestly, it works very well. Haven't had any bugs, it offers the features we need, and support was responsive a few times I messaged them. They are always adding new features and improving existing features.

Keeps getting better.

I love how easy it is to get things up and running once I'm ready for clients to provide feedback. No stuffing around, and it only takes me a minute. I don't even send videos to clients show them how to use the tool anymore, they are able to jump right in and start providing feedback without any direction other than 'Press the feedback button'. Collaboration on feedback items is a breeze, and notifications come through without issue. Really happy with this tool!

Pros

- Ease of setup. I've never had any troubles, just simply create the project, add the code to the website and you're good to go. - Customisable. Great options to customise the feedback tool to suit the brand and the type of feedback you need for a project. - Versatile. Being able to provide feedback on websites AND pdf's is great. I also like the look of the video feedback tool, haven't had a use for it yet but I can see how that would work well for certain types of clients.

Cons

The only issue I have (and it's a small one) is the client account creation and use. I've found clients struggle or have no interest in setting up accounts and using them to manage their feedback. Providing a more pared back and clean sign-up process and backend for clients to use would be a winner. However I don't think any feedback tool has got this 100% yet. No issues with actually providing feedback though, that has been a positive experience for clients.

Great bit of kit

Pros

Less errors, stress and time wasted. - eases up the process of getting things 100% right - 100% of the time Does printed proof as well as apps and websites - so clients are flipping form app to app. Integrates with many PM tools - we use clickUp and it works well with this.

Cons

Not sure Video took along time to arrive.

Make It Easy for You to Get Feedback

Pros

I really like the versatility of Userback. Many websites are built with WordPress, and Userback integrates well with that. However, I can also get feedback on non-Wordpress websites as well. I also like how easy it is to really customize the feedback form so I can get detailed feedback, which is invaluable when designing websites.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about Userback. It's really evolved since I was first introduced to it.

Rocky start beginning to smooth out...

Great experience...I really trust software solutions that are hosted in the cloud instead of on my own via WordPress.

Pros

Video feedback is excellent for clients who aren't computer savvy or just can't explain what they need into words.

Cons

In the beginning, it was strictly for web mockups. But now, they've not only added the capability for print/digital design, they've also included video feedback.

Userback insights after using it DAILY for the past two years

We have 15 school websites and Userback has quickly become a critical tool for external and internal users to provide feedback. Internal staff LOVE the ease of use and improved workflow to provide changes to our websites, especially being able to annotate and add comments directly on pages. From my seat, as the administrator, I LOVE that I no longer have disconnected emails that often lacked key information to make timely changes to content. The process couldn't be easier for all involved. It also solves the need to provide status updates as users can opt to receive notifications.Lastly, I was also able to integrate Userback with Basecamp to streamline tasks. Hands down, Userback lands in the Top 5 applications within our environment.

Pros

Userback has been one of the best applications for us, and one of the best purchases in the past two years. We have Userback integrated within our Wordpress websites and Basecamp project management application. The ability to have VISUAL feedback generated from any page has been a major convenience and improvement in our workflow. All stakeholders are able to provide feedback directly from any of our...

Cons

Userback is mostly intuitive. I created a one page guide with screen shots to "walk" end users through the basics. If there was something an onscreen that could do this, that would be helpful. For the tradeoff in all the other areas Userback has saved me, I can handle a simple tutorial.

Lots of great insights from users

Pros

Userback let's users easily give us feedback in-app, which is super useful. This has resulted in some interestig insights that I don't think is easily replicable without Userback. The ability to draw and take screenshots with the feedback is what makes it so helpful for users to express their ideas and give good feedback.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. It was easy to setup and deploy.

Must have for Digital Agencies

Pros

Streamline my customer's feedbacks in a simple interface and in a unique tool.

Cons

Until now, nothing is missing, at least for my needs.

Userback easily streamlines client feedback and sign off

Pros

They are constantly looking at new features and innovative ways to add value to existing users; the software grows as you use it.

Cons

Most of the things I didn't like have been overcome with updates, but the general onboarding of clients was a little clunky, though is much more straightforward now, even for client's who aren't so technically adept.

Opinion of a regular user

The tool allows you to easily communicate the customer with the team creating the product. Thanks to it, we save a lot of time.

Pros

Ease of use. Even our clients can handle userback.

Cons

At the moment, I don't see any defects in the product. It is constantly evolving. Contact with the creator is very good. Nothing to complain about.

Simple to use, clear feedback that avoids the back and forth.

I can't say better things about Userback. It's one of those rare products that really deliver on what it is intended to do. But over and above that, make improvements and add features that are actually useful. All without moving away from what it is meant to do - Make the feedback process quick and easy to perform. Make the feedback being provided clear and concise that pinpoints exactly what is needed. It's also really simple for us to add to our products. For our websites, when clients are logged in, we add the JavaScript so only they see the widget. In our apps, we provide a feedback role so managers can designate who is allowed to provide feedback directly to us. A simple IF statement in our case allows us to manually load the widget as needed.

Pros

Honestly, there are many pros for Userback, I could write a lot here. The software is a huge help to our business - Clear concise feedback. Saves so much time to know EXACTLY what a client wants and make any adjustments straight away. - Simple to integrate and match our branding - Clients are impressed when shown how they can provide feedback - It's a quick and simple process to provide feedback....

Cons

Some of the pain points I originally had were; - User notifications when replying to feedback were opt-in and usually not set. Meaning I would need to follow up via email to get them to check my comments. - Each project I had to create the feedback widget from scratch (with the same settings) - While it was easy to use, the interface was a little clunky and needed some initial training for clients...

One of the best Feedback tools out there

It is an amazing product. Userback has helped us internally figure out a way to effectively highlight problems and content gaps and get those issues across to development and design teams efficiently and accurately without having to explain the issues again and again over various mediums. This has improved client relations, internal processes, work quality and for the client side we can actually give access to clients on various projects so they can also comment and give instant feedback on improvements and changes. Fantastic product guys.

Pros

You can distinguish the content, image, video or section on a webpage that needs to be changed. You can easily change those sections. You can also add comments to tasks.

Cons

Honestly there is not a lot missing in this software but sometimes when you are working with multiple screens and the window is not maximised the screenshot or selection could be missed in the final task. But that issue can easily be fixed by maximising the window

Clients love it

Pros

A slick way to cut back on unnecessary emails and collect feedback for web design jobs.

A must for Web Design and Development Businesses

We used to spend hours during a project on the phone with customers trying to understand and find the issues they were pointing out, now they can do it by themselves or we can make notes right on the website live during the call. No more screenshots with notes on them and the hassle of misunderstanding what the customer was requesting to be changed.

Pros

It is so easy to upload and link our development sites and then send a link to our customers for review, or even internally for our QA to check our work. It is one of the best software packages for saving time and allowing us to get accurate customer feedback.

Cons

There is not really much that I do not like about the software, with the single suggestion that the alert emails NEED to have a preview image so that you know what you are looking at, this is helpful for businesses that are getting multiple designs for review each day. Otherwise, you are clicking through and opening each one to see what it is. Everything else is awesome :)

Userback is really helpful and fun to work with!

All in all, we are very happy with Userback. The implementation and use of Userback are very important as they are quick and easy. The resulting benefit can therefore also be grasped very quickly. If there were support inquiries, these were answered / solved very quickly. We really enjoy working with the tool and have little or no complaints.

Pros

Short and sweet: - Easy to integrate - Easy to use - Easy connection between customer and agency - Good looking - Full responsive - Many Features (planed Features)

Cons

- Customer group should not belong to the team members, as you have a limited number of users and the customer only gives feedback. - However, the customer has a better overview of the feedback in the backend. - Customers should be able to see their tasks one below the other to avoid duplicate tasks.

Understanding and getting feedback has never been so easy

We could do such an amazing job for our clients without this one product

Pros

I like this because its so easy to use for my clients, there is no real leaving curve, just click and type

Cons

Although we use this globally for all sites, it would be nice to have a section on each site to be able to let the developer see the feedback on the site, rather then going to the main Userback account to read and reply..

Easy to implement, looks great and customers love it

Pros

Userback is really simple to implement and customise in your application allowing you to collect detailed user feedback with screen annotations so your users can actually communicate their issues to you visually. We also use it internally when we are QA'ing new feature releases amongst our team or wider organisation and it is extremely efficient and effective for this.

Cons

At the price point what you get is feature rich compared to more expensive alternatives. A great additional feature (which we'd pair more for) would be the ability to add micro surveys to certain features we are testing.

Essential Tool For Web Designers

I made some suggestions as to how the tool could be better. They enthusiastically welcomed the suggestion, said they were going to implement it and told me how I could improve my process with their tool to get me closer to what I was asking for in the meantime.

Pros

Being able to quickly deploy a tool that allows clients to easily leave feedback on aspects of the website has been invaluable. It saves so much time going back and forth with the client trying to explain exactly which part they're talking about. It's almost as good as being able to sit in the same room as the client while they go through the site. I also like how you can leave it in place, hidden on a live site til someone follows a specific link to activate the feedback widget.

Cons

I don't like that it loads the whole feedback widget in hidden mode.

Really helpful tool

Love using this tool, sometimes I need to teach to my customer how to use it. It would be nice if we could have french translations for the videos.

Pros

Being able to have my customers comment my work on their website without leaving the page is just fantastic. Userback gives me all the information I need to be able to fix the glitches that may appear on my clients browser.

Cons

I'd love to be able to integrate Userback in my workflow using webhooks, still don't know how to do it.

Save all the emails

I can't imagine not having the service going forward.

Pros

Having to get feedback from clients can be a tremendous problem. Emails showing up at all hours and having to collate all the information. Once I offered them this service it all just worked. A picture say a thousand words is so true and I could use their system to run through the feedback and make the needed changes. You just mark them as complete and move onto the next one. I’ve been using the software for over a year and have seen changes to the usability. The developer is listening to the feedback.

Cons

At the start it wasn't obvious for the client to understand what they had to do. You also had to click a save button to send through the feedback. This has all be improved over time.

Life Is Easier With Userback

Experience has been excellent. Although I have had to show some clients how to use the widget, once they figure it out, it works perfectly. Notifications come through, attached images are crystal clear, and my job has gotten so much easier!

Pros

As a web designer/developer, the process of getting final approval and making the small, last-minute corrections has always seemed to take FOREVER! Now, with Userback, I am able to easily add a feedback button and have the customer deliver direct feedback with images in an easy and quick manner. Deploying this to a website is easy and takes less than a minute (especially with the new Wordpress plugin)

Cons

While not a problem for me, some of my clients have been confused on how to use it. They select the floating button and then don't know what to do. If it had an automatic tooltip or walkthrough popup for first-time use, that could make it easier.

Feedback gets more easier to response

it is awesome, this makes my tasks and feedback easier to response

Pros

I like the most is the feature that allows you to scroll every feedback in an easy

Cons

Selecting the Project on the top side of the software.

Stop the Come and Back Madness. Move to Userback

Pros

I started using Userback about 6 months ago, and it totally changed our workflow. Before Userback we had to screenshot projects, send to customers, wait for the feedback, make changes, screenshot again. Now multiple this for multiple products and you will suffer with major hair-loss. :/ With Userback, here is the workflow. 1) You install the snippet, 2) Send the link to the customer, 3) The customer takes notes on the screen, 4) You review the notes, 5) Userback will automatically upload to your project management tool, like Basecamp. It's super simple to use, and even customers that are clueless about technology will thank you. Make the switch, at eikonikos, we love it!

Cons

I can't point anything negative, maybe, I would request the team to add more integrations.

Silky Smooth UX for both Users and Implementers

Pros

Userback is really simple to implement in your web app and start collecting feedback through screen annotations. Though the general usecase for Userback is for web ui design, we used this for our mockups and 3D drawings to communicate with our overseas clients. We ran this tool with our clients and they found it relatively user-friendly and easy to start the feedback/ changes rolling in.

Cons

For the features and price, we've nothing bad to complain about :)

Userback Changed the way I communicate with my clients

When i first started using Userback the features were limited and it was already a wonderful addition to my toolkit. As the program has evolved and features have been added, it is quickly becoming the primary tool I use to communicate with Web Design clients.

Pros

The ability to implement the feedback widget on any website is priceless. The ability to use the product on any site on the web using the chrome extension has been a surprising bonus. My clients can use Userback to comment on other websites to point out what ideas they like.

Cons

I would like to be able to move a feedback item from 1 client to another because sometimes I add something to the wrong project using the Chrome extension.