Cheddar Up Logo

Suggested alternatives

neoncrm-by-z2-systems-inc
network-for-good
givebutter

I was so impressed with how easy it was to create a great-looking fundraising page for our Plant Sale. Everyone commented on how great our site looked.
Great experience creating events, transferring funds, refunding payees and over ease of the site. I love it and recommend it to all my colleagues.
At this moment, I can not think of anything that it is missing.
There doesn't seem to be an option for just adding waitlisting. Its too much to pay for just that one functionality.

BB

Barbara B.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Easy to Use - Perfect for Events

Very happy with my experience with Cheddar Up; great support, easy to use, user-friendly, intuitive, fair/competitive credit card fees.

Pros

I liked most that I was able to hold a repeated event the next year and all of my information was there, secure, and I didn't have to enter it all over again. I like the reporting capabilities. I like that I can look back at past events. Most of all I appreciate the user-friendly, ease of use aspect of Cheddar Up.

Cons

My only "complaint" was terminology - I was using the term "ticket" and needed to use another one to complete my new event -- however, I can't complain because the Support Team told me exactly what I needed to do and it was fixed immediately!

Hi Barbara! It's so great to hear that Cheddar Up worked well for your event year after year - thank you for sharing! And, I'm so glad that our support team was able to help you when you needed it. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and if there is anything we can do to make it even better, we'd love to hear it. Thank you! Kristen

SS

Sonia S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Perfect for Non-Profits

With Non-Profits such as PTAs and Girl Scouts, it is hard to find a system to accept non-cash purchases that offer low cost to either the consumer or the organization and that provide the level of quality, security and protection and ease of use the Cheddar Up does. The reporting is terrific, and the ability to be protected as an organization is great. It is safer and more secure than the Person-to-Person payment apps, and is easier to track and report. I recommend this product to all the other PTAs in my area, and have actually turned on quite a few of them to using Cheddar Up.

Pros

This is a fabulous system that is easy to work with in. It has all the bells and whistles needed for even a novice or non-techy person to handle, without being too overwhelming with too many options. Every person I recommend it to is very happy with the program. Their support is terrific. I always receive answers in a timely manner and they go above and beyond to help. I have been using them for a # of years, and they keep enhancing the product with better features continuously.

Cons

I have very little to complain about. They have done a great job of enhancing their communication/email section. They could use a few more reports, possibly a Custom Report setting. I would like it if the App who should "Items" purchased as it does on the online site. But it really is a great product. Their credit card scanner can use some changes, the process is clumsy and hard to use-- this could be streamlined a bit.

Hi Sonia, Thank you for taking time out of your day to share this feedback about how Cheddar Up is working for your PTA and Girl Scout Troop. We love that it's able to help you with both organizations and has the features you need. We also appreciate hearing about our opportunities for future features that you would like to see. This goes a long way in helping us prioritize what's important to our users. Thank you again! Stephanie

PC

Priyanka C.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

Cancelling account without notice or call

They suddenly stopped our service, we cannot see any of the monies in the account. Not sure if they robbed us, but on first glance it looks like they did.

Pros

organization of data, payment processing under category

Cons

stopped our account without notice, no communication on what happened

Hi Priyanka, Our software is built for group organizers to collect payments and information from their community. Unfortunately, we couldn’t process billing for your medical services as our product features do not support this. As soon as our team discovered that it wouldn’t work for your use case, we notified you and have been working with you to ensure you receive all of your funds prior to your account closure. If you still have questions or need further assistance, please contact our support team. Thank you, Stephanie

JC

Jamie C.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Mary Castle PFO

Pros

We use the free version of CheddarUp and love that we have a secure platform to accept online donations. The payment process is super easy to use. We really love the capabilities to have several fundraisers open for different events and being able to track each events page. It makes it super easy for our treasurer to know what the money being transferred is for and accounting purposes. We also love being able to attach a form with payment that can help distinguish which child receives credit for a donation that was received.

Cons

Honestly we haven’t found anything we don’t like about CheddarUp! It really is so easy to use and perfect for our non-profit school organization.

Hi Jamie, Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! It's so nice to hear how the Cheddar Up features are working for your PFO and its members. We appreciate you taking the time to share this with us and please let us know if we can do anything else to make it better for you in the future! Thanks, Stephanie

MG

Misti G.

Primary/Secondary Education, 1-10 employees

User Friendly and Detail Oriented

Our school Parent-Teacher Organization began using Cheddar Up after it was suggested by another school. The ease of use, and the reporting is unbeatable! We are a non-profit entity needing to keep our records simple; there's no doubt in my mind that everything is correct and I'll have all the information I need to provide financial reports.

Pros

Easy to setup, can obtain as much detail oriented information as you want - and able to export the info for easy report building, etc. You can choose to pass on the processing fee to the purchaser OR make it optional for the purchaser. The free-version includes a lot of benefits!

Cons

I don't have any cons so far! Although, the only thing I wish was included in the free-version would be the ability to use promo codes.

Hi Misti, Wow! Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous feedback with us. It's nice to hear that Cheddar Up has been easy for your group to use and has the reporting capabilities that you need. If there is anything we can help with in the future, please let us know! Thanks, Stephanie

AG

Ashley G.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Incredible resource for Mom groups!

Pros

We use this as a way for members to sign up for a local moms group. This is an easy and quick way for moms to sign up and use whatever payment is most convenient for them! It is an incredible tool!

Cons

At this point we are completely happy with the features of cheddar up!

Hi Ashley, It's wonderful to hear how Cheddar Up is working for your mom group! We know how valuable convenience is to busy moms and we're glad to know we could help! Please let us know if there is anything we can do assist in the future. Thanks, Stephanie

SS

Sarah S.

CheddarUp makes Online Payments easy for a PTA

We have been able to pull in much more money effectively with CheddarUp. We find our parents and teachers are able to pay online much quicker than trying to remember to send in a check or cash for whatever event we are collecting for. CheddarUp also provides direct links and QR codes to your individual collections for you to add to flyers and emails. My life as a treasurer and an event planner much easier!

Pros

CheddarUp makes online payment collections a breeze for our PTA. Before CheddarUp, online payment options such as Zelle or Square were too complicated as each individual payments from a student/parents would need to be its own line item in a report. It also would need to be deciphered to which collection it would go to. CheddarUp batches everything into one deposit per collection. You can organize each collection into its own batch on the back end, plus pull detailed reports on the payments. This worked especially well for us during out PTA Membership drive where we needed additional information such as student name, teacher name, emails, and phone numbers.

Cons

Obviously, advertising is what pulls in your customers, but I felt slightly misled by all the features advertised. I found out upon signing up, some of the features I wanted to use were behind a pay wall. I understand the platform needs to make money, but I wish it had been mentioned in the advertising so I could expect it. Luckily, CheddarUp offered me a discount code and we were able to pay for the mid-tier and get some of the features we needed.

Hi Sarah, Thank you so much for sharing this feedback! It's so nice to hear how Cheddar Up has helped you and your PTA collect more money, more effectively. That's exactly what we're striving for! We also appreciate the feedback on the features in our free plan. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the future. Thanks, Stephanie

KL

Kathy L.

Events Services, 51-200 employees

Perfect for a Reunion Event!

I am collecting money for a 50th High School Reunion. I don't know how I could've done this without Cheddar Up!

Pros

Thank goodness an accountant let me know about Cheddar Up! I'm able to set up a website, send emails, process credit card payments and keep track of attendees. All for free! This is awesome! A Chat button is the easiest way to get help. The help is excellent.

Cons

There is a learning curve with this program, just like any new software. There are videos and articles you can access, but that's a bit overwhelming. If the Chat is not available, you can send an email and get an answer back the very next morning. The correct setup took some time.

Hi Kathy, Thank you so much for sharing how Cheddar Up worked for your class reunion. It's great to know that we could help with such a fun event! It's also nice to hear that our support team was able to answer your questions along the way. If there is anything else we can assist with, please don't hesitate to reach out! Thanks, Stephanie

AG

Ashley G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Amazing for fundraisers, membership, or volunteer sign up!

Pros

This is the most simple platform we've used for all of our needs. We can create membership sign up, volunteer opportunities, waivers, and more at the same time. It is so quick and simple!

Cons

Nothing. We love it! We tried to utilize other products before and nothing compares to having everything in one organized place.

Hi Ashley! Thank you for sharing such a great review with us! We love that you're able to use it for so many of your group's activities. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything else we can do! Thanks, Stephanie

BL

Brad L.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Simply the easist

Ease of use for everyone and the professional look gives the user confidence to say, "YES"

Pros

Super comfortable for users and admin to use

Cons

Slower rate of funds turn around. Example: If a sale comes in, Friday the funds are not available till Monday afternoon.

Hi Brad, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with Cheddar Up! We're glad to hear it was easy for you as an admin and easy for your group to make payments. We hope you had a wonderful event! Thanks, Stephanie

NS

Nancy S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Great platform for tracking memberships at our community garden

I love using Cheddar Up. The interface is user-friendly and intuitive making it very simple to create a collection and fine tune settings that meet our needs. Once I’ve designed my collection, and need to recreate it for a new year, I can simply copy it over and update the relevant info. It’s so easy. Downloading data reports for business records is a necessity that is easy to do also. I love...

Pros

We use Cheddar Up not to sell an marketable item, but rather to register membership at a community garden and collection annual dues. The feature that attracted me to Cheddar Up was that I could register members, have them sign a liabilty waiver, and collect payment all in one place. It was also key that I could offer our members various payment methods including cash / check if they wanted to avoid processing fees, plus the cash / check payments can still be tracked in Cheddar Up.

Cons

We also use Cheddar Up to facilitate bulk purchases of items for our members. I’d like to be able to offer various collections, yet have them all go into one cart for a singular payment. For instance, if a member is registering for annual dues they’ll fill out a registration form, sign a waiver and pay. But if they want to buy a bulk item (say a bale of straw), we don’t need them to fill out those...

Hi Nancy, Thank you so much for taking the time to share this great feedback, including some ways we can make Cheddar Up even better for you. We really appreciate it when customers share their experience so we can better understand how you're using it. We hope this continues to be a product your organization can use for a long time! Thanks again, Stephanie

HH

Heidi H.

PTA’s Best Friend

I am a very pleased Cheddar Up user. I have no complaints, and have recommended it to people in need of a platform like this.

Pros

As vice president of my son’s school PTA, I was looking for a way to solve the problem of managing our associations’s membership drive with ease. Previously, the membership drive was a very disjointed, manual, paper process. Using Cheddar Up, I’ve been able to automate the process. Our members have been able to join our PTA (various membership levels) and pay dues (various amounts) either by credit...

Cons

Not a deal breaker, but Cheddar Up’s POS credit card reader requires an internet connection (i.e. wifi, hotspot, cellular network) to use. This is challenging for our PTA because our school is in a cellular dead zone, and the school is very hesitant to allow us to join their network.

Hi Heidi, Thank you taking the time to leave such a thorough review and sharing your experience with Cheddar Up. We know how critical it is to have a smooth membership drive and we're thrilled to hear how Cheddar Up has helped your PTA with this event and so many other campaigns. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can help with anything else in the future! Thanks, Stephanie

JP

Joe P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

CheddarUp Saves Me Time and Money!

CheddarUp has really streamlined our player fee collection and communication process, and we are looking to expand our use of CheddarUp to collecting entry fees for our annual tournament.

Pros

I love the online payment system! It is secure, integrates fully with our accounting software and is convenient for our families. The processing fees are minimal and we are looking to expand our use of CheddarUp to more than just collecting player fees.

Cons

I can't think of any disadvantages or areas for improvement.

Hi Joe, Thank you so much for sharing this fantastic feedback with us. It's great to hear that the system has not only been working for your player fees, but that you'll be expanding how you use it! If there is anything else we can do to help improve the experience, please let us know. Thanks, Stephanie

RM

Rochelle M.

Awesome System

Our experiences for over two years has been an amazing experience for our nonprofit organization. We will share this system/product with others.

Pros

We love all the categories that are available in cheddar app, payment processing for events and more.

Cons

When you first enter into the site, you have to put your name and email sometimes that causes people to not purchase a ticket. Then they place to take it after they make a phone call to make sure they’re on the right site.

Hi Rochelle, Thank you so much for this "Awesome System" feedback! We're so happy that you're able to use it for so many different use cases. And we appreciate the feedback about the purchase process and will be sharing this with our product team. Thank you again for being part of the Cheddar Up community! Thanks, Stephanie

SR

Shannon R.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Great Product for Cub Scout Pack

Cheddar Up has allowed our Pack to move into the present. Instead of only accepting cash or checks, we can now accept credit card payments. Additionally, being able to customize the information we capture has been very useful.

Pros

We utilize Cheddar Up throughout the year for different events. At re-charter time, we use it not only to collect payments from families, but to also capture their contact information so that we can update our roster. When we have campouts, we have a limited number of platform tents, so being able to track inventory counts is great as well. It's so easy to run reports from the system too.

Cons

As a non-profit organization, we wish that all of the functionality could have been made available to us at a lower price point.

Hi Shannon! It's so great to hear how Cheddar Up is working for your Pack- thank you for sharing this with us! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and if there is anything we can do to make it even better, we'd love to hear it. Thank you again, Stephanie

MN

Monique N.

PTC's One - Stop - Shop!

We are thrilled to have found something that is not only simple enough to use, but has enough options to customize it to our specific needs.

Pros

I LOVE the ease of use, the customizing of each collection and item. We also love that multiples users can participate in different capacities.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve in creating the folders, collections, items, etc. But the webinars are a huge help!

Hi Monique, It's so fantastic to see how Cheddar Up has been a benefit to your PTC and that you're able to use the integration with Money Minder. I'll also be sure to let our support team know how helpful the webinars were you! Please let us know if there is anything we can assist with in the future. Thanks, Stephanie

CP

Cheri P.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great POS site for our Payers and us and Payees

Pros

It is so easy to set up events that I can literally do several in no time. Uploading pictures is easy also to personalize the events

Cons

I can't really think of anything that I don't like about Cheddar Up.

Hi Cheri, Thank you so much for your positive feedback and taking the time to leave this review!  I'm so glad that it's working for your events. If there is ever any way we can make it better for you, please let us know!  Thank you! Kristen

MW

Mary W.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Church events

I have had nothing but great service and the features are just we have needed. We are looking to expand and start using the POS feature.

Pros

Cheddar Up provided a great resource to collect money and data from our customers. We used the platform to sell “tickets” to an event. The reports provided were critical to our ability to keep track of who was on the guest list. The customer service has been excellent.

Cons

I made a suggestion to customer service to provide a “ticket number” in the customer confirmation email. This will give us a more convenient way to track our guests and their tickets rather than going by name. Many people bought tickets for other people and a ticket number would make the check in line go a little smoother.

Hi Mary, Thank you for sharing your experience with Cheddar Up! It's great to hear that it's been working so well and that you're planning on expanding how you use it. We also really appreciate the feedback on the tickets. This will be really helpful as we continue to build out our ticketing features. Please let us know if you have anything else you think might improve the experience! Thanks, Stephanie

BS

Barbara S.

Used monthly for 2+ years

CHEDDARUP is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!

As we've come across things that we'd like to see done from within the software we submit our ideas to the company and they are very receptive to ideas and have seen our requests in future updates.

Pros

We can create numerous collections. We can also organize to be able to refer to from previous years as we have change in board members or committee members yearly. By having something to look back on helps the new people that come along, plus you can refer to what your sales looked like, what was charged, etc.

Cons

Can't think of anything at this time. We love the product!

Thank you very much for your positive feedback, Barbara! We're so happy to hear that Cheddar Up is working well for your PTO. And, keep sending us ideas for improvement! We truly want to build a product you love and the only way we can do that is through feedback from our customers. Thank you for using Cheddar Up!

AM

Amy M.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Easy to use program even with a free membership

Pros

I liked being able to use this program without having to pay for a membership because it was being used to support a fundraiser. It was simple to keep track of fundraising online and very convenient to use the printable invoices/packing slips.

Cons

The only issue I had was when I was creating questions in the online form. If I wanted to edit a question, it would not let me simply edit an existing question, I had to start over and create a new question.

Hi Amy, Thank you for this feedback! It's great to hear that the packing slips were so helpful in supporting your fundraiser. Sometimes it's the smaller features that make all of the difference! And thank you for your feedback about editing your questions. We also noticed this issue recently and released an update a few weeks ago. We hope you will see this improvement when you set up your next collection. It's feedback from our users that help us to make these improvements! Thanks, Stephanie

LV

Leslee V.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

A smart & simple solution for fundraising that's so easy to use

Cheddar Up made my life as the organizer so easy. I built the site, emailed our members, and watched the orders roll in. Perfection!

Pros

I was so impressed with how easy it was to create a great-looking fundraising page for our Plant Sale. Everyone commented on how great our site looked! I was able to easily build a collection, upload images, add descriptions and provide our buyers with a number of options. I liked the built-in email marketing function and tracking on opens and clicks. The payment processing is simple and secure, and I liked that people could buy with no fee by e-transfer or cheque.

Cons

While I was creating our fundraising page there were a few things I wasn't sure how to do but managed to figure them out.

Hi Leslee, Wow! It's so great to hear how Cheddar Up helped with your plant sale! Hopefully it will help with any other fundraisers you have in the future. We really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share your experience with us and others. If there is anything else we can assist with in the future, please let us know. Thanks, Stephanie

AM

Ashley M.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Great tool for registrations

This is a great tool that has made distribution of information much easier.

Pros

We were planning a reunion and dreaded collecting money, tracking payments, and keeping up with records. Cheddar made it easy to manage all information and payments in one place.

Cons

I would like for the event landing page to be more customizable. I originally entered an event name, which I later changed, but when I shared the event link the original event name was populated in the link description. I would have liked the new name to populate.

Hi Ashley, Thank you for sharing your reunion experience with! It's great to hear that we could help make this event easier for you so you can spend more time having fun with old friends. And thank you for sharing the feedback about the landing page. We've shared this with our product team and they are already looking into this. Best of luck on the reunion! Stephanie

JR

Jacy R.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Great Platform for Fundraising

Cheddar Up has been the most organized and aesthetically pleasing option to plan our fundraising event. Everything is very user friendly, and if you need assistance with anything, their customer service reps are quick and efficient in finding and solving your issues.

Pros

Cheddar Up is so user friendly! Everything is very well organized, easy to customize and set up individually, and their customer service is quick and easy!

Cons

Not much, if I have to put something, I'd say the amount of emails they send.

Hi Jacy, Thank you so much for sharing this great review! It's great to hear that everything has been working well for your fundraiser and our support team will be thrilled to hear your feedback. We wish you the best of luck on your fundraiser! Thanks, Stephanie

LC

LaToya C.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

New to this but it was Amazing

My overall experience was very impressed. It was very easy to set up and to use. It made this part of our organization that much easier.

Pros

This made it very convenient for the parents who uses credit card processing, and the parents who can't make it to the school with cash. This is very resourceful for schools and organizations.

Cons

At this moment, I can not think of anything that it is missing.

Hi LaToya, Thank you for this wonderful feedback! It's so great to hear how Cheddar Up has been able to help your PTO and school community. We hope it continues to help you thrive and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist in the future! Thanks, Stephanie

MS

Mary S.

Education Management, self-employed

Ease of use for Organizations

Overall this has been a positive experience and easy for our members and staff to navigate.

Pros

The ability to set up different categories, different items within those categories, as well as collect data and information from users.

Cons

It is advertised as free but there is a "pro" version to unlock more features.

Hi Mary, We greatly appreciate your feedback and that you took the time to share it with us. It's great to hear that Cheddar Up has been more user friendly for your members and staff. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with! Thanks, Stephanie