ADP Workforce Now

Cloud based Human capital management (HCM) suite

ADP Workforce Now Reviews

Pros

Love the ease of the mobile app, it is very user friendly. The payroll feature for our office is great.

Danielle M.

Virginia G.

My colleagues and I are all very happy with Workforcenow and all the benefits that it offers.

Jaclyn J.

Cons

I hate to be negative however my experiences using this program on behalf of my client have been excruciating.

Stefani B.

The site itself is hard to navigate to as ADP has a few other portals. There are also a number of features and views that are not utilized by our company so the robustness of the software is lost.

Jessica V.

There really isn't much aside from the lack of error messages. When something goes wrong it doesn't really tell you what is going wrong so it's hard to know what to fix.

2,790

1,635

5,083 reviews

Makes employee benefits simple and easy

Transcript

Julie W.: Hi, my name is Julie. I'm a project coordinator in the marketing industry, and I give ADP Workforce...

Easy To Use

Transcript

Cory S.: I'm Cory. I am a Client Support Analyst in the software industry, and I give WorkforceNow a...

ADP Work Force Now Review

I had a great experience using the software it gives a wholistic view of where your paycheck goes!

Pros

ADP Workforce now is an extremely user friendly software that enables clients to accurately keep track of their paychecks in digital form. The software keeps track of tax, deductions and retirement contributions and presents them in an easy to understand visual format. You are also able to change information related to your deductibles etc. from the online platform

Cons

Despite the great features it can be difficult to find what you are looking for in this software. Someone new to this software will feel somewhat overwhelmed by the many drop down menus presented on the home screen. This software is also one of the more pricey options available on the market.

ADP User

My overall experience has been excellent. Their customer service is knowledgeable and skilled. I do not wait long when I need to reach them. They have been critical to my business navigating the COVID-19 crisis. I would have made countless blunders if not for their HR and accounting departments knowledge of the COVID guidelines and policies. Very impressed with ADP and will continue to use them in my office.

Pros

Everything is very seamless and contained. The tabs are self-explanatory and easy to navigate. You can gather all the info you need for an individual from the same page. Quick and easy to learn. Processes that can be cumbersome on other systems flow smoothly with ADP's system

Cons

I do not have any cons. Minor things that I wanted improved in the past have all been handled with periodic updates and patches.

A Review from an Automated Implementation Point of View

To summarize, the vast majority of users at our company have had a great experience with ADP in dealing with their own data. However, from an IT/reporting standpoint, we have been disappointed with the lack of options in automating the export of data.

Pros

The best feature of ADP Workforce Now is the ease of use for our end users to gather their own data. As a manufacturer, the majority of our employees do not easily have an opportunity during the workday to access their payroll and tax records. So, having easy access from their home computers is essential. We have employees with a wide range of systems and ages (from old Windows PCs to top-of-the-line Macbooks) at home, and we do not run into problems with users with any of these system accessing on their own.

Cons

Unfortunately, as great as the end-user access is for this software, our issues have been related to setting up any kind of automated data extraction. For the purposes of automated in-house reports, there are certain pieces of information from the ADP system that we need to pull on a weekly basis. However, our plan with ADP allows no such data export to be automated. We have had to fall back to using macro automation tools to log into the website, proceed to the appropriate menu pages, and click certain buttons to download the data. For such a large and widespread system, the lack of an easy way to extract data automatically is an unacceptable oversight.

We have not had a very good experience with ADP. Would not recommend to those seeking a user-friendly system with good customer service.

ADP has been constantly pushing back on us saying that when the system was initially set up, it was rushed and not set up properly. So we gave them the benefit of the doubt and asked them to provide us with a list of courses to take. When we looked at the courses, it was realized by ADP and us that the page we had was different from theirs. Looks like we haven'#39;t even been getting the necessary...

Pros

Cons

1. Reporting is difficult to navigate and select. You can create a custom report, but don'#39;t be fooled. It'#39;s not as customizable as you need it to be. 2. You cannot find an employee by typing out their full name; it has to be either their first or last name and then the options will populate. 3. There is no onboarding functionality. We'#39;ve created so many of our own spreadsheets simply because...

Derek – I am sorry to see that you have had a less than stellar experience with our WFN product/service. As a member of ADP's Client Loyalty team, I am committed to getting you the help and resources you need to improve your experience. Please reach out to me directly so I can assist. Lori.wilmot@adp.com

Reliable workforce management system

We use ADP Workforce for time management, payroll, employee database, benefits, cloud data storage, signing documents and more. We have had some downtimes here and there, but no complaints there. It happens. We are, overall, happy with the software. It does the job well. In some areas important to us - like payroll - it shines.

Pros

ADP handles complexity well. They know payroll really, really well. Payroll is important for staff and ADP makes it easy for us to handle it. Payroll module has always worked and has handled various edge cases for us.

Cons

We don't like ADP's support. We feel that reaching to support is a wasteful use of our time since we barely ever get value out of them. ADP should definitely invest in support staff who are knowledgeable and willing to help. We, once, had a challenge with ADP mobile app. Information that was supposed to be on managers' ADP mobile app profile wasn't showing up. After several attempts over several months, one curious support person chose to dive deep and figure a solution out.

Workforcenow for productivity

It helped us to deal with HR matters effectively so that we could see everything with detailed info.

Pros

Customization with it is incredible. Reporting features add more value to the software and as well increases the productivity. Pricing is quite reasonable. Mobile version does really well unlike its peers.

Cons

Customer service should be upgraded. The software could be better integrated other platforms. I would like to see changes immediately because sometimes I have sign out and sign in to see changes.

Top Product with Great Reporting Options

I've used it for 6 years and overall felt it was a great HRIS. I will hope to bring it with me to future places of employment.

Pros

I like the ease of use with ADP Workforce Now. All employees caught on quickly to the program and really enjoyed the ease of use. Internally we LOVE the reporting options. This is the one HRIS system we have been able to use in order to pull very specific report from.

Cons

The cost is somewhat High and sometimes when you need to speak with someone it can take a few days.

ADP Review

Overall, I am satisfied with ADP. It has a lot of features that I am do not need for what I do, but if I were a bigger company, I can see how that will be extremely useful.

Pros

Payroll is the most important for use with my line of work. It helps me track accurate activity and make billing and payroll so much easier to process. The Pros ADP has definitely is that it is easy to use and has a strong support team that is always available. Because so many organizations are familiar with it, I can always find content to help me navigate any difficulties I might have.

Cons

Because my line of work is mostly with independent contractors and freelancers, I think the products here have a lot more features than I need. Maybe a much simpler version for Contractors who are not tax deductible version aside from the employees version of the software could be useful.

ADP Encompasses Human Resource Management

ADP is reliable. It’s been easy to learn and easy to train my employees to use. It takes a lot of tasks away from me that I would manually have to spend time completing which frees me up for other things.

Pros

The diversity of the features and the ease is use makes me love this product.

Cons

Still learning to use the the marketplace

Great service and features!

I loved it! It was much better than what we had before.

Pros

The customer service was superb. The Retirement department got me what I needed at the right time.

Cons

The challenges it presented when a manager would enter incorrect information or when I needed to correct something I had to go through a manager to do so.

ADP Workforce Now is so-so for a small business

Overall WFN is a pretty complex product, with features that most likely are impactful and necessary for larger companies. However, as a small business user, it seems cumbersome in some instances. But by far my biggest issue using this product is with the ADP Support. I have no dedicated support representative; I'm pretty sure every person working for their support is located in another country,...

Pros

The interface on the employee profile pages is pretty good. It's like a dashboard for each type of information for each employee (pay profile, employment profile, personal profile, etc.).

Cons

The reporting functionality leaves much to be desired from the user's perspective. I find it very difficult to locate a canned report containing the information I need, and the custom reporting can be difficult to use. We also use this product for PTO tracking, and the users find it difficult to figure out how to see all the details and manage their time off. I am constantly having to explain...

HRIS System

Overall my ADP Workforce now experience has been excellent.

Pros

ADP provides useful modules for the HRIS needs. The Payroll, HR and Benefits management modules are most useful and critical for our needs. Our dedicated support person is top tier and very helpful. Not always something that smaller companies can find. We are fortunate to be a PE firm and have that additional ADP support.

Cons

Each module costs and can be pricy. Modules should be bundled and priced accordingly. Also once you buy a module, it seems like the transition to implementation drops off until you remind them you want to move forward with implementation.

ADP Workforce Now Pros and Cons

ADP Workforce Now has been a great learning experience. I love how easy it is to reset users log in information from the administration side and how ADP recognizes users based off personal information. This comes in handy when needing to pull historical payroll data.

Pros

ADP is very easy to use and I love how they have a built in training platform that can train you as you use the system. There are little information bubbles that you can hover over that will give you insights to the features and updates as they are release. ADP is expanding who they will integrate with which is wonderful because you can have several other systems integrated to the payroll system which makes for seamless processes. I really enjoy using ADP Workforce Now, it's very easy to use, pull reports, and run payroll. The system is very intelligent and won't allow you to hire individuals with the same personal information, which is very important for auditing purposes. Overall, great system to use.

Cons

The three cons I have about ADP Workforce Now is the reporting is difficult to use if you don't know what exactly you need when pulling data. The support team is very slow and sometimes too busy to prioritize your issues if you're a smaller organization vs. a larger organization. The last con is that the system is not customizable, so if you need a form or process customized to fit your company's needs, I would suggest a different system that is more customizable.

Follows you wherever you go...

simple/easy/intuitive/persistent/Dedicated --- don't forget it will always be by your side

Pros

Throughout many roles and across varied industry's ADP has been used as a platform to receive pay stubs, obtain tax information and forms, monitor time work and time off, and track pay. All of these features are displayed in an easy to navigate, user-friendly, customizable dashboard that is kind of awesome if you are obsessed with your finances. I love how everything is at your fingertips and how...

Cons

Starting the whole process at times can be difficult. With my most recent employer who used ADP there was a miscommunication between HR and the company resulting in misinformation and bad information regarding sign up to the app/program. An invite code was needed but it seemed no one could get it together enough to get it for us ...needless to say weeks later the entire new hire class got the right code hence access to our paystubs

It's come a long way

We enjoy having the functionality and time savings it brings to our organization. I look forward to future upgrades to the reporting and performance review features.

Pros

We have used ADP for over 10 years. It has come a long way in the functionality. They have a good system for open enrollment, policy acknowledgements, W4 reporting, benefit tracking. I like the historical information. We recently added Doc Cloud and have enjoyed having all the documents in one place.

Cons

The reporting feature needs some work. They information is in the system, but the reports to pull the information aren't very user friendly. For example, their gross pay report is wonderful, but there isn't a report to pull that breaks down what categories the information came from. The performance review feature doesn't allow for customization to add forms. Also, when they make upgrades, they don't recognize the affect it will have on other parts of the software.

ADP

After the implementation process, as painful as it was, the system seems to be a little smoother and working correctly. Still finding some items that are needing fixed from the lack of attention from our previous account managers.

Pros

ADP has automated several process that used to be manual.

Cons

The implementation process was very difficult and lasted over a year. It took almost a year to find a good Account Manager. The continued updates. Just seems that every week I go in and something has changed. The ACA reporting is still a little clunky.

WFN Review

I have been expanding the functions within WFN - we added time and attendance this year and plan on using other feature to help us grow and scale our payroll. I find as the complexities of our payroll increases, WFN can handle and grow with us.

Pros

The flexibility it provides. Depending upon the company's complexities - you can use as little or as much as you need from the system. It integrates with other systems too (Workday, etc) to help automate processes.

Cons

It is a difficult to have multiple payroll runs at the same time. When you are in a public company with stock and regular payroll runs on the same day - the system can do it - but it is not easy to flow between the two payroll runs.

ADP is a great tool for businesses

Really happy overall.

Pros

ADP is a great tool for companies to use for their employees. Not only can you find all the important documents you need in one place, but you also get perks with ADP. Even if you leave a company ADP will still show you your pay stubs and tax info later on. Sometimes businesses add certain qualities to ADP, so be sure to make what you have on the platform clear. I have gotten many great perks and coupon codes from ADP for car rentals, movie tickets and outings.

Cons

Customer service is slow, if non existent. If you have an issue it is guaranteed to take you more then 48 hours to solve.

ADP Workforce Now-Most used and advanced Human Capital Management Solutions

Our company’s overall experience has been extremely good except for the customer service part, which has now improved as compared to earlier. We have no plans to move to any other software since our entire team is very well versed with this software.

Pros

ADP Workforce Now is a wholesome web-based human resource capital management system designed to assist and automate company’s HR processes including payroll management, benefits, time and labor management, compliance etc. This tool also provides the API, which facilitates the smooth integration with other HR business application including any internal software that you may have. We have been using...

Cons

The customer support team is cooperative but getting answers from them could be tedious. You have to be on call for almost 15-20 minutes before you could hear a human voice. The response time over emails is not so fast as well. It may take from 4-5 hours to a day to get an answer sometimes.

Easy to Use and Easy to Manage

Pros

Our company transitioned to ADP 3 years ago and in the past three years I have really grown to like ADP. - Easy to manage my PTO and see balances I can easily log into ADP and see how much balance is left. Previously I had to wait for my paycheck to look at it and keep note of it. Otherwise everything was stored on the SAP system and SAP codes were too hard to remember. I like the online platform a...

Cons

- Outdated look I think ADP could enhance their website a bit more than what it is. I do like their simplicity however more helpful links in the front page would be nice so that I do not have to click through 3 pages to submit a PTO. - More details needed I would prefer each page to have some details on what this page is for and how it can be used. Some sort of front page explanation would be nice. The first few months I emailed my HR every single time to figure out how to do the simplest of things - Update takes time When there is an updated I have notice some delays. Whether it be on my PTO approval or my salary increase. The system updates takes the longest.

Leading Payroll Vendor for a Reason

This is a strong tool once the learning curve is overcome. I have used small, medium, and large payroll platforms and ADP is a true "One size fits all" platform and perhaps my vendor of choice. However, for that ideal fit, it will require diligent implementation and an understanding of the platform and it's features. There are trade-offs: while startup companies such as Zenefits or Namely have a simple user interface and easy to navigate, they also come with system limitations and lack of support compared to the big companies. ADP is the opposite; sometimes quirky and difficult to find what you need, but a truly powerful system with a large support team ready to assist. Choose based on your priorities.

Pros

This is an extremely robust platform with extensive custom functionality. When properly configured and utilized, WorkforceNow can fit practically any business and payroll model, from small businesses to high volume, enterprise-level companies. Service and Support are best in class and will walk you through anything. Tax filings, notice resolutions, and year-end processes are a breeze. Solid tools and modules - Benefits, Reporting Suite, Onboarding, Time Tracking (But you'll pay for it).

Cons

ADP is a legacy company with legacy systems. Because they have been around for so long, some features seem to be "stacked" on from prior versions instead of given an entire overhaul. This can lead to an lack of intuitive UI and UX compared to younger systems like Workday. Implementation team may give you an "out of the box" setup. May require diligent partnership in configuring to your specifications. Pricing may not be as competitive as other vendors and module implementations can add up.

WFN Review 2018

Overall experience with WFN platform has been very good. PS: I miss being able to go to ADP locations for "live" training. Especially for reporting! I know that the WFN reporting is very strong and I am not using to it's full ability. I am more of a hands on learner vs. webinars and learned a lot by attending ADP classes for training in THIS area in the past. (Hint, hint - Smile)

Pros

Love having everything on the same platform; payroll, benefits, T&A, and reporting. For the most part I love the ease of using the product. While updates are important to stay compliant and current with needs they create havoc with current setup.(growing pains!) I have been using ADP products since 1990 and this platform is by far the best and easiest to use. Love the training bites on the top of pages.

Cons

I only have cons with specific areas of WFN updates and not the overall WFN platform. 1. Time & Attendance - Current update of moving hours to payroll we lost that the function where the system will stop the import to payroll if there are exceptions and either make you acknowledge the exception or delete from the time card. Example: A manager approves a time off request for a closed pay period. The...

Intuitive for users of all types

As a leader of a team, I am responsible for approving time cards, PTO requests, time adjustments, etc. and have found that ADP WorkforceNow is an intuitive software that anyone can learn very quickly. The menu is thorough but simple, and functions are placed in a logical workflow. I would highly recommend ADP WorkforceNow as a timekeeping/payroll software due to the easy-to-use software.

Pros

Intuitive web-based software that I have found easy to use across users of all types. As a manager that approves time cards on a regular basis, I found that it's easy to find what you're looking for. For example, if you want to adjust a time card, simply click on the employee's time card, and go to the appropriate day that you want to adjust the time, and click "add row," "delete row,", etc. OR simply adjust the time as needed in each box - it's as simple as that. I also liked the calendar-based PTO request form - simply click on the date(s) that you want to schedule for PTO, Jury Duty, etc. and it will mostly populate the request form with the date(s) you selected. There's also a variety of reports you can run in which you can select your criteria so provide the right report you need.

Cons

One con is when you are "acting on behalf" of someone else, the menu looks a little different than your normal dashboard screen, but it's nothing major and you quickly get used to the functions. Also, it can be a little tricky to find out each team members time off scheduled as you have to dig into the menu a little deeper. But as you use the software more, you quickly become accustomed to where to go.

ADP has been the best aspect of my job at times and the most frustrating at other times.

It does a great job of staying current with all the compliances changes to payroll and HR. I rely on them to get the payroll reporting correct.

Pros

The webinars and continuous learning opportunities for the user are great. Laws and compliances are changing so quickly that it is hard for someone in the trenches to keep up. They make staying current easy with their Eye on Washington and special webcasts. I like the look and ease of the program. It is easy to navigate and find what you're looking for. The new Pay Cycle is great, but it would be nice to enjoy it a while before they "upgrade" it again. I need time to learn and discover all the ways it can assist me. Customer support has been one area of frustration, but help with the ACA and Time and Attendance has been stellar.

Cons

Getting answers quickly has been a huge frustration, and not just with customer service although that has been an issue with payroll. It seems to take an unnecessary amount of time to get something new implemented. We took steps to add an HR component for tracking professional development hours for our teachers. Once we signed up, we waited weeks to hear back about implementation. Finally after emailing...

Hi Claudia - Thank you for your review of Workforce Now. We have made significant changes to our Service model that I would love to connect with you more about. Please reach out to me directly: Anthony.Woodard@adp.com

For the most part, this is a good product and fairly intuitive.

I was using a massive system, that was very cumbersome and not flexible at all. ADP streamlined our processes for the most part and has made our jobs in HR and Payroll a little easier.

Pros

There is a home page that can be customized. This provides the employer a good opportunity to communicate with all employees, considering everyone must go into ADP to enter their time at least twice each month. The portal can be setup in English and Spanish. The system overall is fairly easy to work in and find information. There are a good number of standard reports. ADP offers a lot of training opportunities, support, message boards, etc. at no cost, which is a definite benefit.

Cons

The home page is a wonderful communication tool; however, customizing it in Portal is very difficult and takes more time than it should to get it to look professional. The setup is fairly restrictive, the 'Undo' button no longer exists after this last upgrade, you can't control the line spacing, for some reason the system removes some spacing between words that were copied and pasted into the Portal,...

Monica - Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product. I am sorry you find our customization features and leave-time system underwhelming. I would love to connect with you more about this. Please reach out: anthony.woodard@adp.com