ApplicantPro Reviews

4.66/5 (331 reviews)

Pros
  • Ease of use varying functions
  • User friendly, easy to contact applicants
  • It's functionally and how easy it is to use it
  • User friendly!! Organized! Great customer service!
Cons
  • n/a
  • Its great! I don't have any complaints!!
  • Customer service at times doesn't follow through
  • I would like to see more reports that I can use.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Kerry Haverty

Great product for the price

Reviewed 2019-06-14
Review Source: Software Advice

We now have data analytics. We spend a lot of money on a particular vendor for job advertising. Analytics are telling us that we are making the majority of our hires from employee referrals. We will be able to reduce our external advertising and save money.

Pros
It is our first ATS. It was easy to set-up and transition to. Easy to use.

Cons
Very good system for the price range. Only thing we are currently facing is the referral portal which requires a separate log-in for our employees. We have provided that feedback and they are looking at that.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Kerry! Thank you for taking the time to review our hiring methodology! I love that we can save you money on advertising by using our employee referral feature. We would love to speak with you about getting more applicants without having to pay the price of external advertising. We have a team dedicated to rewriting your job ads to get a better results.
Please feel free to give us a call at 888.633.9269 or shoot us an email at support@applicantpro.com and we can get you taken care of.

Kind Regards, Mindi Barrett - Support Manager

Streamline Application

Reviewed 2016-08-16

Before using ApplicantPro, our business was using solely paper applications. Not only was this a complete waste of paper, but our applicants had to come all the way out to our office to apply. After using ApplicantPro, we have streamlined our application process. It is now very easy to apply for a job with us, allowing for a larger volume of applications resulting in a bigger pool for us tho choose from. We are extremely happy with ApplicationPro and would recommend it to anyone wanting to veer away from a standard paper application.

Response from ApplicantPro

Thank you so much for the review. It means so much to us! I am also so happy to hear that moving to ApplicantPro from a paper based process has been so positive for you. Please let me know if there is anything that you need going forward. --Heidi

Kate Paciga

Great System

Reviewed 2019-08-07
Review Source: Software Advice

The support is wonderful, there are rarely glitches, it is overall a great system and the cost is soooo affordable!

Pros
This software is great, but the feature that I love the most is the integrated texting to candidates. In this day and age, if you don't have this feature, then you are missing out on the younger generation.

Cons
Its great! I don't have any complaints!!

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Kate! Thank you for taking the time to review our Product. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying our texting feature. We agree that it is an essential feature of this new generation.
Thank you again for your kind words and for using ApplicantPro!

Natalie Perez-Beightol

Excellent Experience withApplicant Pro

Reviewed 2017-04-03

As an HR department of one, ApplicantPro makes my job sooo much easier! ApplicantPro does so many things - from helping me create job postings and posting them to various job boards in one click to filtering and screening applicants and running reports. I went from posting our vacancies on each individual job board to posting a job in less than 5 minutes. I get notified via email when qualified candidates apply (but you can turn this feature off and just check the system periodically if you like) instead of dozens of individual applicants flooding my inbox. Then the report feature---no more excel spreadsheets--I simply select the type of report I need in ApplicantPro. ApplicantPro has been a game changer for me.

Pros
Ease of use varying functions

Cons
n/a

Kristi Hassett

HR Manager

Reviewed 2019-10-29
Review Source: Software Advice

Good metrics to analyze hiring trends

Pros
User friendly, easy to contact applicants

Cons
The feature to text applicants is not as easy as I would like - it would be nice if it were part of the group selection feature, like emailing applicants

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Kristi! Thank you for reviewing our software and for leaving your feedback. We're happy to hear that our software is user-friendly and easy to use.
I'm happy to pass along your suggestion as future consideration to our product team about having the ability to text applicants in bulk. If there is anything we can do to help improve your hiring process, let us know. As always, thanks for using ApplicantPro!

Matthew Chlebowski

Excellent for a Growing Business

Reviewed 2019-06-17
Review Source: Software Advice

ApplicantPRO gives our team a clearer picture of where are candidates are in the process, and has allowed us to be more collaborative.

Pros
Applicant PRO is easy to use and mobile friendly for candidates. It is customizable and integrates well with everything we need.

Cons
Custom reporting is misleading. You can save the type of report you would like to build, but you must sort the parameters every time you follow the bookmark back to the report. Really hoping for a future update to correct this. The website is not user friendly as a mobile recruiter using a phone. Works fine on a tablet or laptop.

Response from ApplicantPRO

We appreciate your feedback about our system, Matthew. It's always great to hear that ApplicantPro is helping your teams collaborate more effectively. Also, thank you for giving us some insight into how we can improve our custom reporting - I'll be sure to pass that along!

Thanks for choosing ApplicantPro for your hiring needs!

- Ariana, Director of Client Services

Todd Lemons

Excellent Service!

Reviewed 2019-06-27
Review Source: Software Advice

Very pleased with the product and service we get. We have been using the app for several years now.

Pros
Saves me a lot of time gathering and sorting applicant data. Program is easy to use and full of features.

Cons
Would like a little more end user control such as being able to enable application notifications without having to go to admin.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Todd! Thanks for your positive review of our system. We are happy to hear that our product saves you time gathering and sorting your applicant data.
If there is anything else we can do for you, please be sure to let us know.

Lorna Larson

Great Tool and Great Service

Reviewed 2019-07-22
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a small company government contractor and needed a solution to meet our needs for processing applicants and also for helping with our Federal and state compliance reports. It has been perfect.

Pros
It is easy to use and when we have a question we are able to get help right away.

Cons
No complaints! We are very happy with the product and service.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you so much for your review, Lorna! We are happy to hear that we have been able to help with your Compliance Reports and processing your applicants.
If there's anything else we can do for your team, please let us know. As always, thank you for choosing ApplicantPro!

Mindi - Manager of Support

Kyley Christian

Applicant Pro

Reviewed 2019-10-21

I am checking Applicant Pro daily, looking for qualified applicants. Which almost everyday there are new applicants. It's easy to boost a position and get it out there. Glad my company uses applicant pro.

Pros
-Applicants are easy to access -The "Note" feature, easy to see my thoughts and look back -Very well organized

Cons
No cons that I can think of, very happy with this software.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Kyley, Thank you for taking the time to review our software. We agree that the 'Notes' section is a great way to help keep your thoughts organized. We are happy to hear that you enjoy that feature. We are also happy to hear that you are getting qualified applicants for your positions using our software.

Travis Dunn

Love the program

Reviewed 2019-06-25
Review Source: Software Advice

The system for the cost is fantastic.

Pros
It is easy to use and is a great system for the cost.

Cons
Maybe I am missing it, when you click on an applicant for a position it would nice to see what other positions they have applied for.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Travis! Thank you for reviewing our product. We are happy to hear that our system is easy to use.
We would be happy to go over where you can see that an applicant has applied for other positions with you.

- Mindi, Manager of Support

Lynne Andersen

We love ApplicantPRO

Reviewed 2017-03-29

Our company owns 3 resort hotels and we are always looking for applications. ApplicantPRO is the first program that we have used. We have been surprised at how we have streamlined our hiring process and inter-department communications. The site is easy to navigate and flexible. We're still learning our way around and are looking forward to using more of its features.

Pros
The ability to spotlight, e-mail and copy applications to other jobs. The response from technical support is always timely and helpful

Cons
Having to request administrative settings. But that happens so rarely that I can't cite an example.

Anaise Carbonell

Perfect to keep track with applicants, comments/remarks

Reviewed 2018-06-25

Pros
- Applicants and Interviewers are able to send messages/emails regarding about the application status. - Be able to rate applicants based on their experience. - Able to print applicants Resume without having the applicant arrived with Resume. - Able to leave notes

Cons
- Too many comments/remarks for applicant status - Comments/remarks bar status is too sensitive - Application process questions are too easy

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for your feedback, Anaise! I am glad that you find being able to contact applicants and schedule interview helpful. The rating feature is a great way to sort out applicants based on their experience. I would be happy to help you and your Administrator update your application process to ensure you are collecting the information needed to review applicants. This is completely customizable so I know that we will be able to add questions that are right for your company.

Thanks again!

Jandi Dean, Lead Hiring Consultant

Anonymous

Extremely good value for the money spent. Great customer service, growing company doing cool things

Reviewed 2018-03-11

Pros
New products and upgrades coming often. Willing to listen to customers about new features. Can bolt onto your HRIS for a good interface.

Cons
Still growing product, small company, needs some more features to catch up to the big boys but still great value.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you so much for the feedback! We're excited to be growing and we can't wait to show our new developments throughout 2018.

If there is anything you need from our teams, please reach out to support@applicantpro.com and we'll get you taken care of.

Have a fantastic day!

Ariana Groves
ApplicantPro Director of Client Services
888.633.9269

Linda Burge

Great asset to my recruiting

Reviewed 2019-07-18
Review Source: Software Advice

It is part of my recruiting process. I will continuer to use it.

Pros
It is well put together. I can view the candidate info along with their application as I am pulling resumes. Only the qualified candidates appear on my home page! This is crucial.

Cons
There is nothing that I would change at this point.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thanks so much for your review, Linda. We're happy to hear that ApplicantPro is an integral part of your recruiting process.

If there's anything we can do for your team, please let us know. As always, thank you for choosing ApplicantPro!

Ariana Groves
Director of Client Services

Aziza Hernandez

Easy to use ATS

Reviewed 2019-06-18
Review Source: Software Advice

ApplicantPro has become a great tool at our company, it is easy to use for all users and I like the videos that are available for almost any possible question you could have.

Pros
It's functionally and how easy it is to use it

Cons
No complaints about the software, it's very easy to use and navigate.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thanks for your amazing review, Aziza! We're so happy to know that our system is serving you well & that you love our Help Center content! We always want to make sure you can get the info you need, so if you run into any hiccups, please let us know!

Judi Huebner

Applicant Pro Software Review

Reviewed 2019-11-07

Great!!

Pros
User friendly!! Organized! Great customer service!

Cons
I would like to see more reports that I can use.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Judi! Thank you for taking the time to review our software. We're happy to hear that you find it user-friendly and that it helps to keep you organized. We also love to hear that you are receiving great customer service.
We would love to know what you are looking for with regards to reports. You can reach us at support@applicantpro.com, 888.633.9269 or by chatting in. If there is anything we can do to help improve your hiring process, let us know. As always, thanks for using ApplicantPro!

Peggy deMeurers

Great for applicant reviews

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-07-01
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
ApplicantPRO makes our application review so much easier. We were photocopying applications and sharing them between managers for review; now they all have access to the job vacancies they are helping with and can review the applications on their timetable and make notes and ratings. They can even see each other's comments.

Cons
When we post a position for internal applicants only, I miss being able to go directly to our own IT staff and have them post the link for our employees to apply. Or better yet, having the ability to post the internal link myself.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Peggy! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our system. We are happy that our system allows you to share applicants across managers with ease and allows to view notes and ratings from them as well.
We do have a separate link that you can give to your IT Team to put on your company site for employees to use.
Let us know if you have any questions and we will get you taken care of.

Molly Mummelthie

Great value!

Reviewed 2017-12-07
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
It is simple and easy to use with high functionality. I highly recommend it. It's easy to understand and price is good with no contracts! It posts to several job boards from the site itself which saves so much time. It has great reporting capabilities as well. Try the 30 day free trial.

Cons
The only con I can think of is that it requires an applicant to create a username and password, or provides them one. So if you have someone who tries to apply again it will require them to login, which may not be a bad thing.

Great recruiting tool

Reviewed 2019-10-02

Pros
I like that is easy to navigate and intuitive. When I need to do something and don't know the answer I can always find what I am looking for. They have great customer service - fast and responsive. There are always new products or features coming out. It looks kind of personable when the CEO sends emails to the users with a new feature.

Cons
I like least about this software - posting to a different job boards. Sometimes we've noticed that a job hasn't been posted to a certain job board. We have to monitor and check if they are posted and if not why. Is there a code needed to be entered for the company or this specific job board now has a fee etc.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, There! Thank you for reviewing our software. We are happy to hear it is easy to navigate and if you run into a problem our support team has been able to find it for you.
We would love to speak with you regarding your jobs not being posted to a specific board. Give us a call at 888.633.9269 or shoot us an email at support@applicantpro.com and we can get you taken care of.

Kellie Colberg

ApplicantPro is very user-friendly

Reviewed 2019-06-19
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Ease of use. Can message multiple candidates at once. I love the schools that you can send your requisitions to as well.

Cons
The reporting seems a bit clunky. I hope that more work around the metrics will be done. That would only enhance this product even more.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you so much for your review, Kellie. We're happy to hear that you're loving the system and its ability to communicate with candidates!

Also, thank you for your feedback on our reporting. I'll be sure to pass it along!

Kim Bowers

Absolute best bang for your buck!

Reviewed 2019-07-05
Review Source: Software Advice

This application allows us to easily filter applicants, is so affordable, keeps track of all notes and reviews of applications, has allowed us to streamline our offer letter process, and overall does everything we need it to do and more.

Pros
This software is so easy to use and the most affordable you will find.

Cons
I honestly can't think of my least favorite feature of this software.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Kim! Thank you so much for your positive review of our system. It is great to hear that our system is easy to navigate and allow you to hire more efficiently.

- Mindi, Manager of Support

Karen Pella

Very easy to use software, has most of the features I need & want, and Customer Support is GREAT!

Reviewed 2017-04-28

It helps me to easily post job ads and manage applicants.

Pros
It's easy to use. Intuitive. Has most of the features I need & want. Customer Support is superlative.

Cons
I love everything about ApplicantPro except for two things: 1. They need to update their "Help" documents (which are plentiful, thorough, and useful) to match the current version of the software. Frequently, the Help doc mentions old titles and fields that can sometimes be a little confusing. Presumably, they are working on getting these updated to the recently upgraded software. 2. It's not very easy, if you have different versions of a job posting that have the same exact job title, to get an applicant who applied for one version of it into the other version of the job (sometimes there's a reason you need to close the first version of a job and open a second version of it). Applicant Pro explained to me why this is (a compliance reason), but it's still difficult, and I've had to do it a couple of times. Customer Support gave me a workaround solution, though it's still not ideal.

Carmen Coordinator

ApplicantPro Easy To Use

Reviewed 2019-08-02
Review Source: Software Advice

I have used other ATS systems & to me this has been the easiest so far.

Pros
I have used other ATS systems & ApplicantPro has been the easiest to navigate.

Cons
Customer service at times doesn't follow through

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Carmen! Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are happy to hear that our system has been easy for you to navigate.
I would be happy to discuss your concerns regarding our Support Team. Give us a call at 888.633.9269 or shoot us an email at support@applicantpro.com and we can get you taken care of.
Thank you for choosing ApplicantPro.

Tonia Southam

Perfect for Recruiting

Reviewed 2017-03-30

I have used several systems in the past, but prefer Applicant Pro because it is very easy to use, the support team is quick and effective, plus friendly. They will help you muddle through some tricky situations as needed and have a wonderfully wide range of job board sources available to extend your search. It has most of the features that I want/need and you cannot beat the price. Great bang for the buck and very responsive to your needs!

Pros
Easy to use, provides excellent tracking info, can create reports, extensive connections to other job boards.

Cons
Some complications arise when trying to route with or through other Talent Networks....not necessarily Applicant Pro's fault....it's a complicated process with many outside hands involved.

NIcole Slaton

User Friendly and cool Features

Reviewed 2019-10-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I love the text feature for recruiting. It makes communicating with applicants so easy and quick! I did a demo of the on-boarding was was very impressed.

Cons
Could not grade applicants, by best candidates to less best

Response from ApplicantPRO

Nicole, Thank you for taking the time to review our software. We are happy to hear that the texting feature has become an essential part of communicating with your applicants. We are also happy to hear that you are demoing the other features we offer.
We do have a few different options that might work for you when filtering your applicants. You can reach out by chat, email support@applicantpro.com or calling 888.633.9269. We will get you taken care of. And as always, thanks for using ApplicantPro!