ApplicantPro Reviews

4.65/5 (330 reviews)

Pros
  • User friendly
  • One stop shop
  • How many area's it covers which makes my job much easier.
  • Great software, Applicant pro gets a lot of candidate flow.
Cons
  • I can't use it for everything in the office.
  • Lack of creativity on the career site portion.
  • Functions feel like old school, not up to date
  • I wish we could sort out departments by state.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Shannon Mathews

No complaints here

Reviewed 2019-07-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Very user friendly! The status option is a great way to help keep HR and managers on the same page as far as where we're at with filling a spot, with each candidate, and each position. Also love that you can communicate (text or email) with the applicant right inside the software.

Cons
Nothing really. The only suggestion I would have to make it easier for me would be to have a better notification system inside the software.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Shannon, Thank you for taking the time to review our software. We are always happy to hear that our status option allows your managers to be on the same page through the hiring process and also gives you a way to communicate through the system.
Thank you for your suggestion of optimizing the notification system inside the software. I will pass that along to our Product Team.

As always, thank you for choosing ApplicantPro!

Randall Ritchie

Overall great product

Reviewed 2017-12-07

Pros
I love the stream that you can create with ApplicantPro. We have statuses set up showing every step of the hiring process.

Cons
I wish I could email attachments through ApplicantPro. When I hire someone I have to email them thru my company email and sometimes it gets lost in spam, where I have emailed back and forth with them thru ApplicantPro numerous time.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi Randall!

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. It helps us create an even more successful product for our clients.

To answer your request for the ability to email attachments through the system - I've sent your feedback to our Product Team for review and we'll be sure to let you know if that feature becomes available.

Thanks again!!

Anonymous

Fairly easy to use and great for finding candidates from various sources

Reviewed 2018-02-01

Pros
Quick background check turnaround Ability to post to several different job boards automatically Ability to have start-finish process of recruiting all in one spot messaging both email and text available

Cons
Sorting/searching could be better. There is a status next to applicants names that show when a message has been sent. It would be preferable if it was hidden when an automatic email was sent and only show when someone sends a manual email.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We love the feedback and we've passed it along to our Product Team for their consideration.

We hope you have a fabulous day - happy hiring!

- Ariana, ApplicantPro Support Manager

Philip Bertoch

Thanks!

Reviewed 2019-07-02
Review Source: Software Advice

It's been great. The rep is awesome and always super helpful.

Pros
How many area's it covers which makes my job much easier.

Cons
Lack of creativity on the career site portion.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review, Philip. We're happy to hear that our system is making your job easier every day!

We appreciate your feedback regarding the career site area. We'll pass that along!

If there's anything else we can help you with, please give us a shout. As always, thank you for choosing ApplicantPro!

-Ariana, Director of Client Services

Ron Kubitz

All the bells and whistles but costs less than the "well-known" ATS systems!

Reviewed 2018-09-10

Pros
Has everything I need at a much less cost. Was using Taleo before and ApplicantPro performs better and though it is never needed customer service is there when I need it and easy to reach and understand. Keeps adding features and improving and never rests on its laurels. Easy to navigate and set up perfectly to my liking. Great reachout to other job boards as well!

Cons
N/A Honestly I have not experiecned any negative aspects to he product.

Denise Pursell

ApplicantPRO-good value for your money

Reviewed 2019-09-30

Gives me quality candidates for my roles. Like the "questions" feature portion of the product, weeds out candidates. Likes that it is distributed to multiple job boards. Also, appreciate that the owner sends out messages on updates, features, education of the system.

Pros
ATS is user friendly, cost effective for what you get. Decent tool as I compare it to other ATS's I have used.

Cons
Can be a little clunky at times-i.e. not as seamless or intuitive as it could be

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for reviewing our software, Denise! We love that we can offer quality at an affordable price.
If you have specific feedback about improvements, we would love to hear them. You can reach out by chat, email support@applicantpro.com or calling 888.633.9269. We are happy to pass it along to our Product Team.
If there's anything we can do for your team, please let us know. As always, thank you for choosing ApplicantPro!

-Mindi

Brian Price

Applicant Pro is the Best

Reviewed 2019-09-30

Pros
Applicant Pro is so easy to use and really helps us to find quality candidates.

Cons
Updating the job ad has an extra step and if you forget, your ad will not update from the edits you make.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Brian, Thank for your review of our software. Having quality applicants is an essential part of hiring. We are happy to hear that using our software is providing that for you.
Thank you for your feedback on the job ad. I am happy to pass this along to our Product Team as a future improvement.

-Mindi

Anonymous

Great ATS

Reviewed 2019-08-06

Pros
I like that it easily integrates with social media and how easy it is to use to post a job across many platforms at the touch of a button.

Cons
I don't like that it opens a new window every time you click a button (on Chrome). I'd end up with tens of windows open if I didn't close them add I went.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, There! Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the fact that you can push your job listings out to several platforms with one push.
We appreciate your feedback of new windows opening up when clicking on buttons within the platform. We will be sure to pass it along.

Thanks for using ApplicantPro!

Joselyn Villa

Reviewed 2019-06-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Great software, Applicant pro gets a lot of candidate flow.

Cons
Functions feel like old school, not up to date

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Joselyn! Thank you for taking the time to review our Hiring Methodology. We are happy to hear that we are able to help you get a good applicant flow! We would love to hear your feedback on where you feel our system is not up to date.
Please feel free to give us a call at 888.633.9269 or shoot us an email at support@applicantpro.com and we can get you taken care of.

Kind Regards, Mindi Barrett - Support Manager

Vicky Froderman

Highly Recommend this Software and the ApplicantPro Support Team

Reviewed 2017-04-12

We've been using this software for two years and continue to be very impressed with the platform and the customer service team. The interface is very intuitive. There are many users within the firm and everyone is able to pick up how to use ApplicantPro with minimal instruction. The AppPro team is always improving the software. Whenever we have a problem or want to make a change, they are quick to respond, knowledgeable and professional. I don't think there's been one thing we've asked that they were not able to accommodate. This has really improved our applicant tracking process.

Pros
Easy to use. Simple to explain. Nice way to collaborate on ratings of candidates with the star system. The notes section is very helpful. Helps us keep up with government regulations on hiring.

Cons
Posting a job the first couple times is a little tricky but then it goes fast once you understand how the questions, template and post work together.

H Richardson

Applicant Pro-makes you look like a PRO

Reviewed 2017-04-17

Working at a small organization, getting the biggest bang for your buck is very important. Applicant Pro meets that need and we don't have to sacrifice customer service. I would place their customer service up there with Disney Industries. Applicant Pro also enhances their system regularly and adds amazing features that helps the HR Department of ONE seam like a much larger department. I would recommend to any organization that wants to move their applicant tracking in to the 21st century.

Pros
User friendly

Cons
I can't use it for everything in the office.

Lisa Niekamp-Urwin

If you are hiring, this is the tool you need in your toolbelt!

Reviewed 2017-01-05

Whether you are owner or HR Manager, this tool makes managing applicants easy as an easy-bake-oven. I have it setup with qualifying questions; the place to hold all the applicant info, customization to your hiring process; work ethic and cognitive aptitude testing really gives you a good feel for that applicant. Then you can schedule any drug screening, etc. This is a great one stop shop for me as a business owner. Highly recommend this!

Pros
One stop shop

Cons
Seriously, nothing. It is probably a little pricey for my size of business, but time is money to me.

Traci Harms

Reliable

Reviewed 2019-08-05

Pros
I like the ability to text an applicant. I also like how you can filter applications by dates

Cons
I wish that when people put in an application on their phone, it still required them to put their availability. I cant always see that when I get an application

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for taking the time to review our product, Traci! We are happy to hear that you enjoy the ability to text applicants.
We appreciate the feedback about your application process. We would love to go over it with you to make sure it is set up correctly.
Give us a call at 888.633.9269 or shoot us an email at support@applicantpro.com with any questions.

Thanks for choosing ApplicantPro!

Jackie Majors

It Works!

Reviewed 2019-07-19
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Accessible applicant information and tracking of applicant communication.

Cons
Sometimes hard to navigate from one position to another.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Jackie! Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that we are able to make your applicant's information accessible as well as giving you the ability to track your communication with the applicant.
If there's anything we can do to make your use of ApplicantPro more enjoyable, please let us know!

Thanks for choosing ApplicantPro!

Mindi - Manager of Support

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Gabriel Munoz

Applicant Tracking Made Easy

Reviewed 2018-04-04

Pros
The software is very easy to use. The ability to use templates to create job ads and also access to questionnaires templates to screen applicants decrease the amount of time it takes to post a job opening. Being able to set up email notifications with the ability to set up criteria on when and whom to send us the emails keeps all parties involved informed.

Cons
The ability to create job openings that are both internal and external is a little challenging if you are trying to have different closing dates.

Response from ApplicantPRO

We appreciate your feedback, Gabriel! I am happy to hear that you find our templates save you time when posting new job listings. Thank you for your thoughts on external vs. internal job postings. Our system has a new feature that now allows an internal job listing to be switch to both internal and external on a specified date. I will record and send you a quick video to show you how to utilize this feature. I hope that you will find this helps to streamline your process.

Happy Hiring!

Jandi Dean, Lead Hiring Consultant

Jamie Martin

Co. Review

Reviewed 2019-07-03
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
1. Easy to use and able to quickly navigate though applications.

Cons
1. Unable to edit/remove notes after 30 minutes.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thanks for your review of our system, Jamie! We appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear that our system allows you to quickly navigate through applications.
If you have notes that need to be removed or changed after the 30 minutes give us a call at 888.633.9269 or shoot us an email at support@applicantpro.com and we can get you taken care of.

-Mindi, Manager of Support

Rick Knutsen

Excellent Recruiting Tool

Reviewed 2019-03-10

Pros
ApplicantPRO brings in the best quality candidates. It is easy to navigate and work with. We love ApplicantPRO.

Cons
We are unable to integrate it with our ATS - which we use to on-board. It takes a bit of time to manually enter all candidates we like - because there are so many great quality recruits coming in from ApplicantPRO.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Rick! Thank you for taking the time to rate our product. We really enjoy the feedback we receive from our clients. It makes us happy to hear that our product helps improve your companies hiring process and helps to bring in quality candidates.
We do have features that may help with the integration of your onboarding software. we would love to speak with about a tool that may help.
Give us a call at 888.633.9269 or shoot us an email at support@applicantpro.com and we can get you taken care of.

Kind Regards,
Mindi Barrett - Lead Client Support Rep

Jeanine Moore

Best ATS I have every used

Reviewed 2019-12-05

Highly recommend

Pros
user friendly , customer service , always adding new and innovative products

Cons
Nothing that I can think of. AP has been one of the best systems I have used

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Jeanine! Thank you so much for your review of our software. It makes us so happy to hear that our software comes highly recommended by you and your team. If there is anything we can do to help improve your hiring process, let us know. As always, thanks for using ApplicantPro!

bethany spencer

Super Easy to Use

Reviewed 2019-07-11
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
This software allows me to keep track of new hires, and where students are at in the hiring process.

Cons
Not as easily customizable as other products that I have tried.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thanks so much for your review, Bethany. We're happy to know that your team has been able to use our versatile system to track both new hires and students.

If there's anything we can do to take your use of ApplicantPro more enjoyable, please let us know!

Ariana Groves
Director of Client Services

Brent Kosowski

Maintenance Department User

Reviewed 2019-07-30

Very organized......Builds a nice history and calendar.

Pros
The fact that once you learn the basics it is easy to navigate through.

Cons
Updates....Lol ......learn everything again......Not that bad though.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Brent! Thank for taking the time to review our product. We are happy to hear that ApplicantPro helps you to stay organized while in the Hiring Process.
Our Product team does an awesome job of teaching our Support Team about new features and updates so that we can help answer questions when they come in. So we can relate to learning new things. Haha!
Let us know if there is anything we can do for you or your team.
Thanks for using ApplicantPro!

Cristina Sanchez

Easy and Supportive software

Reviewed 2019-10-29
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The free advertisement a company can get. since we switch with applicant pro our budget in advertisement has decrease.

Cons
I wish we could sort out departments by state.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Cristina! Thank you for taking the time to review our software! It's super exciting when we hear that we are able to help our client's advertisement budgets decrease!
We would love to speak with you about different ways that you are able to sort your departments. You can reach us at support@applicantpro.com, 888.633.9269 or by chatting in. If there is anything we can do to help improve your hiring process, let us know. As always, thanks for using ApplicantPro!

Josh Hill

AppPro - A solid ATS

Reviewed 2019-06-27
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall, AppPro makes our HR processes smoother, cleaner and faster. The tool doesn't require extensive training as some of its competitors do and it just works.

Pros
AppPro is easy to use and intuitive. The learning curve is incredibly small compared to options such as Taleo or Kenexa. Rating and moving through steps is flawless and makes for an easy candidate process.

Cons
Add-ons can be costly - i.e., adding the ability to track EEO requirements.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thanks, Josh for your review of our product.! We love to hear how we compare to other ATS systems.
We would be happy to talk with you about the other Premium features that come along with EEO reports that might be beneficial.

- Mindi, Manager of Support

Kevin Sloane

Great product at an affordable rate

Reviewed 2017-01-13

We are very happy with Applicant Pro at our company. We have tried several ways to accept applications online without any major cost increase. The solutions we came up with were either difficult for the applicant to use, or didnt work with our hiring process. Switching to Applicant Pro allowed us to accept user friendly applications as well as work with our hiring process. Applicant Pro was also one of the more cost effective solutions that I researched. I would definitely reccomend them to anyone who needs a digital hiring solution.

Mickey Murphey

Review of Applicant Pro

Reviewed 2019-06-21
Review Source: Software Advice

Assisted with getting our branding the same for all of our locations, made us look more professional in our presentation for our job ads and made this part of my job easier.

Pros
Reports, ease of documentation, presentation of resumes that are sent to the managers for review, customer service and training.

Cons
There is so much that it can do. As a one person recruiting department, do not get to spend as much time as I need to get to know it better.

Response from ApplicantPRO

Thank you for your review, Mickey. It's great to know that we've been able to help make your job easier!

We'd love to talk with you about how we can help you get the most out of our system & see if we can save you some time, too! Give us a call at 888.633.9269 and we can get you started.

As always, thank you for choosing ApplicantPro!

- Ariana, Director of Client Services

Amy Schlindwein

Applicant Pro Best ATS Hands Down!

Reviewed 2019-11-26
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Ease of use and navigation and really easy to communicate with candidates with very little delay when using the product

Cons
Sometimes there can be a delay in transfer of information once someone has completed the assessment, etc

Response from ApplicantPRO

Hi, Amy! Thank you for taking the time to review our software and leave us a review. It makes us happy to hear that our ATS is the best system you have used!
We would love to hear more about what you and your team are experiencing when transferring information. If there is anything we can do to help improve your hiring process, let us know. As always, thanks for using ApplicantPro!