DigitalChalk Reviews

Stephanie I.

Dependable good quality video and illustrations. The team at Digital Chalk are very informative and great to work with toward a common goal.

Jim H.

The ease of the operation is a benefit to myself, but more importantly to my customer base. I have recieved numerous compliments on our training platform.

Matthew M.

Cons

Frustrating and not well organized, the search functionality is really poor. When we told our franchisees we were switching to another learning platform they literally cheered.

Stephanie K.

Ste M.

We have a limited team here that deals with our tech issues and questions. We have relied on J and Adrian so many times, I have lost count.

Chris S.

4.7

Very powerful system. Lots of great stuff "under the hood" for admin staff.

Pros

Clearly created by people who understand and are interested in *real* online learning. Everything in one place - including a home for you video-conferences and off-net meetings - demonstrating that they think of the student and not just their own software/system. Not just a "collection of videos shoved into an online folder". A proper system. Exceptional support - lovely people with whom to conduct business.

Cons

The student interface looks dated (Dec 2017). To be fair to Digital Chalk they know this. I understand they have a major refresh planned, so by the time you read this that may have already happened.

A+ Online Education Software

Our online diabetes education course is offered in the English language in the country of India, and in Spanish in the Central American Region. Our previous platform was astronomically expensive to host. After the one time small vendor fee, the platform costs the course fee that is paid by the students as they purchase the course. It couldn't be easier, or more cost effective. Revenue is processed monthly by DigitalChalk and wired directly to our bank account. Simple reports on the courses purchased are easy to generate for our accounting team to appropriately credit the revenue to the right program.

Pros

I love that it is so easy to build my own courses, receive feedback, grade assignments, and conduct needed reports on finances and student progress. I also love that when I write to the support team, they always respond within an hour or less. They are so helpful with links and screen shots of exactly what to do to fix a problem, and at times they've made corrections on my behalf.

Cons

There really isn't anything I do not like about the software.

Hi Barbara, Thank you so much for your great, thoughtful review! It's awesome to see that you love so much about DigitalChalk. We want to continue delivering that kind of experience to everyone who uses our learning platform, so if you have any suggestions on how we can make course delivery and reporting better for everyone, please let us know at support@digitalchalk.com Thanks again!

Difficult to Navigate

Pros

The terminology (courses, completion, etc) is fairly easy to learn, and the menu is pretty clear overall. The customer service people are lovely.

Cons

The search function isn't functional. I spend a lot of my time fielding questions from our owners and teachers about how to find the things they need, and on the flip side of that I often run into errors loading materials that mean I need customer support.

Easy to use, logical and foolproof

Pros

As the course designer and business consultant, I was keen to find a software that I could understand and not be reliant on others if something went awry. I chose Digital Chalk and, despite my fears, found it intriguingly easy to set up and use. Three years later, I chose it for a national peak body's accreditation system after looking through the range of new products. Given that I would...

Cons

I've found a couple of glitches - like a large clock counting down in the exam - which were caused by my settings or by using the default settings - so check that what the students see is what you want.

Best product, in this category, on the market

DC is by far the best in its class. It is designed (in my opinion) for fully automated online courses. If this is what you want to do...I cannot think of anything better. I am an odd user of the program and have high demands (teach software with large file sizes). DC is great for distributing (and protecting) my lectures, but for my particular requirements, I needed to pair DC with Moodle. Digital...

Pros

Instant setup, begin uploading your course in seconds. Very fast and rarely down (I have been using the site daily for almost 2 years). EXCELLENT customer support - never seen anything like it. Questions are answered immediately, bugs are fixed, and sometimes they just do it for you. I use 400-500MB files - videos upload quickly and logs notifications. I cannot say enough great things about the customer support. Very nice, very helpful - motivated and energetic people. When I have students drop, they take care of the refunds and fix problems very quickly I give DC 3 stars for meeting my needs, but 5 stars for protecting my work as a non-regular faculty member at a university. I feel motivated to better my lectures knowing they are protected and are controlled by me

Cons

no option for just publishing as an eBook (for an addition to an actual class)...but I use DC for an actual university class, not a purely online course. Does not have BlackBoard/Moodle integrated features (video chat, blogs, forums, etc.). No ability to edit documents online...but again, this is not what DC was designed for. Does not have the diversity of testing questions as Blackboard does. 500MB video limits...I teach software and need high resolution. Students do occasionally complain that it is difficult to see some of the details. For my courses that are power-point/video driven...no complaints whatsoever.

DigitalChalk is a Digital Charm

Pros

I've used many Learning Management Systems in my 30 years of being in the training field. DigitalChalk is hands-down one of the easiest systems to learn, use and administer. Some Learning Management Systems can be so over complicated and for no reason. DigitalChalk has managed to take away all the unnecessary steps in the people management process and made it very simple, streamlined and ready to use in no time at all. It is by far my favorite LMS to date. Prior to my joining my current company, there was no LMS.

Cons

I wish there was a live-chat option on the help desk. There are times when I need to trouble-shoot something real time to continue my work, and I have to wait for an email response from the help desk. It's typically the same day but in this day and age, you want to talk to someone immediately.

Hi Cheri, Thank you for your fantastic review! We appreciate that you took the time to write such a thoughtful response. We're so happy that you found DigitalChalk so easy to use and administer. If you have any feedback for making organization and course admins' jobs even simpler, please let us know at support@digitalchalk.com. Thanks again!

An awesome Learning Management System

Outstanding! We would not consider using anyone else for all of our courses.

Pros

We have been with Digital Chalk for 9 years and each year it gets better. Digital Chalk is always improving their system with new ways to deliver the courses to our students. Additionally, their fees are extremely reasonable, and their customer service is beyond compare. Anyone who is looking to implement a distance learning program could not go wrong using Digital Chalk.

Cons

The fact that there is no Student Gradebook. There used to be one where the students could monitor their own progress. That is gone now.

Hi Sharon, Thank you for your great review! We truly appreciate you and your organization's long history using DigitalChalk. As you mentioned, we're always looking to improve our system, so if you have any feedback for how we can make course delivery and the learner experience even better, please let us know at support@digitalchalk.com. Thanks again!

Easy to use and good customer service

Digital Chalk is more than an LMS, it allows students to register and pay in the platform and acts as an SIS maintaining student records.

Pros

Digital Chalk is easy to use for both students and administrators. The platform accepts a variety of file types and each element can be customized to show only video, video and notes, or be a file or web archive. The platform also allows interaction during the video through check points in which students can select an answer and get feedback from the instructor. Digital Chalk also has wonderful customer service and they are very polite and responsive.

Cons

Digital Chalk does not currently have a built in discussion forum. This makes interaction (which is important in virtual learning) more difficult. We have found a work around, but we would prefer to have only one log in for our students and wish there was an integrated discussion forum.

DigitalChalk makes blended learning class for my students fun, interesting, simple and interactive.

Basically, delivering instruction and learning in the most interactive and dynamic methods are what this software solves in my classroom. This LMS tool not only makes me an effective teacher but it also makes me a flexible educator.

Pros

DigitalChalk digitally-enabled the landscape of learning in the four walls of the classroom. This learning management system makes schooling and learning more exciting, interesting and technically-fulfilling. As a teacher, it helps me easily design and modify courses in a dynamic and interactive fashion that my students really enjoy. I can easily incorporate my own videos and PowerPoint presentations that truly level up my teaching styles and strategies. Giving tests and quizzes are as easy as monitoring the students' growth and performance. This LMS also helps my struggling students cope up with the missed topics because they can access the learning materials anywhere. I also like the real-time reports that this software generates

Cons

I used different LMS before and I think this is one of the best software I used. It has all the characteristics of the perfect LMS for me. None of the features that I don't want as a dynamic teacher.

Forget looking anywhere else!

First Pro - Their Team From the first demonstration with sales to technical support and client service, the DigitalChalk Team not only answered our questions but answered them thoroughly and offered other ideas to help our business deliver the perfect e-learning experience to our customers. It is not necessarily the service that is unique, it is the people behind that service that takes our experience...

Cons

Excellent product and very easy to use

I've been using the DigitalChalk system extensively to produce online training, and I personally believe that it is the best learning management system available right now. The development team is constantly adding new features and their customer communication is clear and frequent. - DigitalChalk basically covers everything one needs in order to produce online training and deliver it to an audience....

Cons

Amazing customer service-easy to use

My students can easily register and pay for a class all in one spot.

Pros

Digital Chalk is an easy to use combined LMS/ SIS. It has features that I find superior to the biggest competitor, specifically the gradebook and connected payment system. I also find the customer service to be beyond compare. I have often needed assistance and Digital Chalk staff reply swiftly and are very helpful.

Cons

The main thing I would add is a built in discussion forum are for courses. There is pay-to-play feature, but there are free options one can link into the course. (I use Piazza.) While the fees are not exorbitant, they have grown significantly in the years I've been using Digital Chalk. I hope they are not going to rise any more.

My experience with Digital Chalk has been awesome.

Digital Chalk was very easy to use out of the box, and we were up and running in a matter of days. It has allowed us to provide online training to our volunteers in a very user-friendly manner.

Pros

Digital Chalk is amazingly easy to use for the trainees, as well as the administrator right out of the box. The interface is very clean and appealing. It has all of the basics you would need in an LMS. The customer support is also amazing. I always get replies to questions from them in a matter of minutes.

Cons

It doesn't have all of the bells and whistles that some other LMSs have, but it also doesn't cost what those other LMSs cost. For example, course versioning and auto-reassignment of updated courses would be nice.

D2D Cable and Digital Chalk

I love these guys! This is a wonderful company that gives me confidence in the small businesses of America. I hope to do business with this team for years to come!

Pros

I absolutely LOVE the team at DC. They are supportive and responsive and candid. I have great confidence in their integrity and commitment to help us in our success-they feel like partners. The system is easy to use and I like the ability to add pieces and format the chalkboards. When I have a problem I get it taken care of immediately and effectively almost every time. My problems are treated like VIP problems at every turn. the system is easy to use and the support team is kind when it turns out to be my fault-thanks! I am a non-technical type and this group has helped me achieve some great things with their helpfulness.

Cons

I don't like the limitations of the reporting. I would like a lot more flexibility to pull reports on more fields. We need another level of roles that will allow a person to add users and view grade books and preview courses without having the ability to view the cost of classes or to edit them. 500mg is not a large enough file to offer acceptable video--need a bigger better option as we pursue bigger clients

Thanks for the review! We have updated our reporting featuring, which now allows you to have full flexibility to pull reports on various fields easily. In addition, we have added new roles that allow you to simply add users, view grade books, and preview courses without having the ability to view the cost or classes or edit them. Another product enhancement includes a larger file limit for uploads. You can now upload video up to 1GB. We hope you have enjoyed these enhancements!

Easy to Use & Execute

Great experience, highly recommended.

Pros

I liked the ease of use, the fact that I could build the program out myself. There is a learning curve, but I did it all myself with no background in IT.

Cons

I wish there was a couple unique features that I want for my specific company, but not the end of the world.

Hi Stephen, thanks for your great review! We're glad you find our platform easy to use. If there's any way you think we can make the learning curve lower, please don't hesitate to let us know at support@digitalchalk.com.

Excellent platform for online learning

We launched online learning across our UK business earlier this year and i am extremely pleased with it. Having launched e-learning in other companies; this is by far the best one i have managed and the range of functions is excellent. I would highly recommend Digital Chalk and my solution of internally creating SCORM and using the digital chalk platform is substantially cheaper than many other options on the market. I also think the fact the pricing structure is based on active users and published freely on the internet is a big plus as many of the competitors hide the prices for individual negotiation.

Pros

Flexibility in pricing, ease of use, various functions available. Tech support is impressive.

Cons

Areas of improvement would be to allow better managing of classroom (offline and non webinar) training courses. Also to use images within quiz questions without the need to link to external images.

Thank you Andrew! We're so happy that you are enjoying your DigitalChalk experience! We will be adding the ability to upload an image directly to a question in a future release. For classroom training, we would love to get your thoughts on what would make this area of our system more effective for your organization. One of our team members will be reaching out. Thanks! The DigitalChalk Team

Digital Chalk is the best system I've found for e-learning.

Overall, I loved this product. They contacted me to set up a webinar to make sure I felt comfortable using it, and they conducted a second webinar for two other people in the organization to teach them how to use it. The support has been fabulous. The only way you'll get what you need out of an LMS is to be comfortable with using it, and this company has a huge commitment to support.

Pros

I was asked to find an LMS for our state association, Texas Assn of Convention & Visitors Bureaus. They offer a lot of learning at their conventions but wanted a way to deliver it via the web. I researched a lot of systems out there, and Digitalchalk offered a free version that allowed me to get used to the system, learn how to use it, and see how powerful it was. I uploaded a video and PowerPoint that I created to test it out, and I was up and running. It was easy to add tests and other features. Bottom line, TACVB loves the system and will be building a set of courses using this software.

Cons

With any of these systems, you have a hurdle of having to figure out how you will create a professional quality video of the presentation. There is the option of not having a video cued to the PowerPoint, (e.g. using just audio instead) but that is not going to "sell" the e-learning for our organization. So you have to figure out a way to professionally videotape your speakers. However, that is a challenge with any of the systems.

DigitalChalk-- a major cut above the others

I have been with these folks for a couple of years. I recall the initial demo and committing about $400 to the cause for initial set-up. I played with the program for months, but for whatever reason, couldn't focus on completing a project. There is now a lot of competition in this space-- really a lot-- and at the detriment of Digitalchalk, I have flirted with each one. All have their pros and cons,...

Cons

Hi Cole, We are glad you are pleased with our platform! We've recently added a built-in PPT converter to the platform - that means you can upload your original PPT file without loosing any animations or transitions. Hopefully you'll find this tool useful. If you have any questions, please contact us at support@digitalchalk.com. - The DigitalChalk Team

Excellent.

Grow our business and delivery quality to customers.

Pros

- User friendly and pretty intuitive. - Incredibly stable and reliable; this software has clearly been well tested before implementation. - Flexible with plenty of options and capacity. -Exceptional customer service even after we purchased (for some organisations it is just about the first sale. These guys are committed to their clients, no matter the size).

Cons

No App yet, but hoping for one soon. User Interface looks a little dated and could possibly do with a more modern design; however, I will have this over a glitchy unstable product any day.

Thanks for the review! You'll be happy to know that one of our main focuses in the current and upcoming development cycles is updating the look and feel of the platform. Apps can sometimes limit functionality so at the moment we prefer to keep our platform browser based and focus on mobile responsiveness, as this enables us to ensure that the system is fully functional on all mobile devices. We believe you're really going to like the interface updates we're working on! Thanks! The DigitalChalk Team

DigitalChalk Systems

DigitalChalk is light years ahead of any other educational content development, deployment, and delivery system on the market today. Einstein is truly amazing in its intuitive, user-friendly system for creating and delivering courses for students at any level. It's pure genius. Our experiences with the DigitalChalk team have been very gratifying because of their attention to details and to customer...

Pros

Creating educational content with DigitalChalk is so easy that it's too easy! Dependability of DigitalChalk delivery to students ensures the fact that student complaints are virtually non-existent. Creating and administering online assessments are simple and intuitive. Integrity and security of the assessment system is excellent.

Cons

We have found very little in the DigitalChalk system that is problematic, and even those things were solved in a prompt and satisfactory manner.

User-friendly lms with outstanding customer service and technical support.

Pros

Exceptional technical support team. Can upload multiple users at one time. Can assign a course tag to a user instead of directly registering for course.

Cons

Can only assign one "course tag" per user. It would be helpful to be able to organize/save courses into different/separate group lists.

Absolutely great service provided by everyone I come into contact with. Please keep it up!

Ability to provide the Rett Syndrome community with comprehensive online coursework available 24/7 around the globe!

Pros

Ease of use and support from staff have been great. I think it is a great solution that allows companies to get set up quickly without a lot of the complexities with other systems that I've used.

Cons

Digital Chalk exceeds our needs and expectations

I would absolutely recommend Digital Chalk for Corporate Executives or small business owners. I have to say I could not be happier with how this system works and my representative has never hesitated at helping or answering questions. I have tried or tested 6 other systems for online training and I absolutely say "go with Digital Chalk".

Pros

Digital Chalk was easy for me to get our training uploaded and I am moderately knowledgeable when it comes to tech stuff. DC has been very dependable and even after 5 months of subscribing I still get my questions answered and support help very quickly, usually within a couple of hours. I love the ability to use handouts, lots of HD video, powerpoint and other files. Their testing, checkpoints and integrity insurance during the training is unmatched in my previous shopping for affordable training systems. I am a novice, with lots of training ideas, and so far Digital Chalk is an excellent system for me to team up with.

Cons

Digital Chalk was not the cheapest in my search, but they are affordable and far more dependable and adaptable than the other systems I have tried. I am stretching for this as a con, there are no other issues and this cost really isn't an issue to me now.

We are very pleased with Digital Chalk, especially the reporting function.

Was using another LMS, but important reports required direct involvement from customer support. Very frustrating! With DC, we can obtain the needed data without assistance any time we wish.

Pros

Software is very easy to use on an ongoing basis. Reports are easy to build and results are generated quickly. Support is simply outstanding.

Cornerstone-edu.com

A+ recommendation overall. My "cons" were small in the whole scheme of things. You will be impressed with the level of thought that went into the DC system. Great choice and I highly recommend.

Pros

I chose Digital Chalk because of the e-commerce feature, the video & powerpoint on the screen. For some student testing, I use proctoru.com. D.C. made everything work smoothly. I am not a techie person, but everyone and I mean everyone helped get my company up and going. I made a great investment with Digital Chalk for my company.

Cons

I wish the uses of all the features were in a video format. The "bible" of how to use the system is over 100 pages long. It covers everything...but how about some videos! However, Dave & Adrian & Josh all helped me. In fact, Dave is calling me a psuedo-techie now! The first sentence is the only "con" I can come up with.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and now have an array of video tutorials and demonstrations available on our YouTube and Vimeo pages. As we push out new updates to our system, each release now has a video demonstration to ease you into the changes. We hope this helps!