HotSchedules

Scheduling and workforce management for restaurants

HotSchedules Reviews

How would you rate HotSchedules?

Pros

Overall, I really loved my experience with HotSchedules. It was a great program for me to know when and what shifts I was working.

JT

Jennifer T.

Hotschedules won our business by having the best Aloha POS integration of all the companies we spoke with.

GB

Garret B.

It's a great way to communicate between coworkers, on top of scheduling, time off, etc. It's well organized and easy to navigate.

Cons

Customer service is terrible. I have emailed and called about 3 open tickets and no one will call me back or respond.

MB

Megan B.

The most annoying thing about is the notifications. I think everyone gets all the notifications.

Tsagaan T.

Overall, every restaurant should seriously look into an app like HotSchedules. It saves time and stress on all, avoiding hand written notes that get lost.

HotSchedules

Transcript

Tina L.: Hi, my name is Tina and I'm the Director of Events. I give HotSchedules a two out of five. For...

Not so stressful scheduling

Everything is in one spot which makes my day a little easier and my desk less cluttered. Easy to address questions and concerns from employee's.

Pros

This app makes it very easy to check your schedule at anytime. Makes requesting time off or switching a shift with another employee easy as well. Far from time consuming and easy navigation around the app. Your schedule is with you where ever you go!

Cons

Having to pay $2.99 for the app is pretty much everyone's only dislike about this app.

I used HotSchedules for a serving job and it was easy to access and convenient.

Pros

The accessibility was it is biggest pro. Being able to login to this application from anywhere and pickup or release shifts was great. I also loved that once a schedule was released, I would get a text notification of my upcoming shifts and the app also showed when my alcohol certification would expire.

Cons

There were no cons to this app. I really think this app is very beneficial to have. The only thing that I would change is for the app to document the clock in and out times.

I have used this in every major restaurant I have managed.

There are so many features to talk about I could write a book. It took me less time to right schedules, forecasting gave me an idea how many employees Id need at given areas around the restaurant and really left the guess work out of it.

Pros

Ties in with inventory and POS software to establish patterns in business and gives you Forecasting on volume of business to help with your scheduling needs.

Cons

Its expensive. Especially if you want all the major features. But you get what you pay for. If you can afford it, its worth the leap.

streamlined, simple, reliable

Easy to use scheduling

Pros

Easy to schedule based on availability and staffing needs. It's nice to have a consolidated roster report for every position. I also like that you can sync it with the POS system to control labor.

Cons

New scheduling module makes it difficult to see how many people are on a certain schedule for each specific day. Also, having two request off options is confusing and sometimes makes it difficult for the MOD to control when people can and cannot request off

Very reliable

Ease of use. Available any time and anywhere with smartphone.

Pros

I love the features that hotschedules offers to maintain and publish accurate schedules. As a business operator, it is imperative that they are done accurately and while within our forecasted budgets. Hotschedules is easy for associates to access and navigate.

Cons

I often wish that alerts involving team members accruing overtime was more prominent, but overall like the ability to run overtime reports when necessary.

Love HotSchedules

I've been using HotSchedules for several years and I couldn't imagine running a restaurant without it.

Pros

Scheduling, messaging, and forecasting have never been easier! If you own a restaurant, you need this.

Cons

Customer service used to be excellent, but lately, it hasn't been good at all. I went from a 2 minute wait to talk to 6+ hours to get a callback—usually by the time I'm home. I'm confident they're just going through some changes and it will be back to the high standard.

Great Service!

Hotschedules has made scheduling and forecasting MUCH easier. We are just a small business and the service they provide for the value is outstanding. Scheduling takes hours less than it used to and being able to look at the sales, labor, and other projection really helps us. Great service!

Pros

Great reporting and review. Awesome scheduling at ability to forecast sales and labor.

Cons

Not much honestly. The customer service is sometimes a little hard to get ahold of, and during maintenance or peak hours it can sometimes be hard to access the servers.

Hi Mason! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to provide us some feedback! We love to serve those who serve and appreciate your involvement in our community!

Hotschedules makes life so much easier

I love the convenience and ease of being able to use hotschedules. I get my schedule right to my phone, can trade/release/pick up shifts, and can communicate easily with all my coworkers and managers!!

Pros

I love the fact that I can almost take charge of my own schedule with this software. I have the app, and it seriously makes my life so much easier. ? I'm a waitress, and a single mom of 2, so the fact that I can do everything from my phone is super convenient!!! I rarely have to go in to talk to a manager now. I can just pop in on the app to release/pick up shifts, change my availability, or send a message to a manger or coworker!

Cons

It took me a minute to figure out how to use it, however, I am not at all a tech person. Once I figured out how to use it, it was super easy!

Hot schedules

Customer service is good. Not a fan of them implementing new things like “rate your shift” which nobody used. They made me contact one of the owners to turn this feature off. That was ridiculous.

Pros

The software itself is easy to navigate. The customer support is good and quick to access. Generally solve my issues quickly.

Cons

The actual scheduling of employees is difficult, I have to write the schedule down on paper EVERY week so I can truly see what the schedule looks like.

I've used Hotschedules many many years with restaurant jobs.

It made it extremely easy to keep up with work schedule.

Pros

I love the convenience and ease of the app. With Hotschedules, you can easily pick up and release shifts. Also as an associate manager I used many other functions such as the logbook. Everything is just really easy to view. I also love having everyone's contact information in one place.

Cons

No complaints about Hotschedules! I think for restaurants, it is the best scheduling tool out there!

HotSchedules Review

I love it. I love when any restaurant that I’ve worked at uses it. You can drop and pickup shifts. Send messages to and from managers and team members. I always have access to my schedule 24/7

Pros

It’s very easy to use. I have access to my schedule 24/7. I can communicate with my managers effectively.

Cons

I had a little bit of difficulty trying to update my availability. I tried to do it from my phone, but ended up having to do it from my computer.

Whatever happened to Schedulefly?

Online scheduling and shift trading is ideal when your staff is young. If you run a business where you employ teens, I strongly advise getting it.

Pros

I like that your staff can add shifts, swap shifts, put a shift up for grabs, request days off, etc. I like that you can tweak it to require management approval for these things. I like the entire idea of scheduling this way, particularly in a restaurant setting.

Cons

The cost. Ridiculous. I should not be required to tell my employees they have to pay for an app to have these features. I would've much preferred ScheduleFly. Such a better deal for the employees.

Great scheduling program

I have had a good experience with this program. Keeps everything organized, and easy to get extra work if needed. Plus you can see your pay stubs on there as well. Everything all in one place.

Pros

I love being able to see your schedule online, and being able to pick up extra shifts or let them go as needed.

Cons

Sometimes if you cant get connection there is no way to check something online. Your schedule is a important part or your job.

Good software, they are continually developing and improving. Definitely great for scheduling

Allowed me to spend less time scheduling and communicating with staff. More organization on notes and employee files

Pros

Great for scheduling and staff communication. Makes handling a large staff easy. Logbook is great for communication on all issues with mangers and staff, even starting to use it to track our hr.

Cons

Want to see the inventory system improve as well as better ease of use across multiple venues other than that continue to grow and develop

Wonderful Program!

HotSchedules has been an invaluable resource to not only our management teams, but also our hourly team members. It allows us to be more flexible in our scheduling which, in turn, aids in recruiting and retaining the best talent.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Nothing at this time.

Ryan, Thank you for the wonderful review and feedback! We value your role in our community and appreciate your time.

Helpful in emergencies

This was a great software to use. After having to call-in shift changes and wait on hold for managers for years in restaurant work, this software and its app is a great gift. I also don't have to physically go to the restaurant to see my new schedule when it comes out!

Pros

I liked most how "shift-swapping" at my restaurant became very simple. I could easily release my shift on my phone app and people would pick it up or if I needed it quick I could message people on the app or call them on my phone. They could easily pick up the shift through their phone app and no need bothering a manager as a go-between. The manager does need to approve the shift, but it is simply done and after I've already got it covered :) I liked how I can change my settings to receive email alerts or not.

Cons

I did not have any problems with this software.

A great bridge between employees and management

I love hot schedules and I love even more that they have a mobile app, its a life saver!

Pros

I like that it's so easy not only for management but for employees. We can send information at the touch of a button and they're able to manage their schedule and alert us of issues.

Cons

I would make it easier to make daily notes to alert other management when events are happening so they can adjust staffing.

Great way to manage staff schedules with ease

Was part of a team that used HotSchedules for shift management.

Pros

I like how shifts can be swapped and picked up without having to involve a manager. Managers can set certain rules, but within those rules employees can handle it on their own.

Cons

I don't like how clumsy the app was in 2014 when I used it. It was not mobile friendly, and didn't sync well with email and google calendar. This may have changed since then.

Easy if everyone uses it! ha!

Pros

I like the ability to have everything in one place for all employees. I have used this as a server and as a manager and as a manager, being able to see what everyone needs and organize the schedules all in one place is the highlight here. And it allows you to separate different schedules, like server and manager schedules, etc.

Cons

There are some glitches sometimes, it's slow and doesn't always load on my phone. And other people have complained about this as well. I suppose some of the functions could be easier and a little more user-friendly.

App for my work schedule

Love this app and have used it with my job at Chilis and Buffalo Wild Wings and Bagger Daves.

Pros

The fact I can access my schedule for work whenever I need to. And I don't have to remember all the shifts I am scheduled.

Cons

How messages sent or recieved don't recieve notifications for it. WIsh I would get a alert when someone sends me a message or notification on tab showing I have a message.

Overall Not bad!

I am not a fan of some of the changes to hot schedules, but overall it is useful! It would be great to do in house trainings so all staff can be up to date on use.

Pros

It makes schedule switches very easy

Cons

The interface is complicated and it is difficult to see when I have messages.

Michelle, Thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us with feedback, we really appreciate it! We apologize for the less than exceptional ease of use with our new interface. We value any and all feedback-we have a community request page where you can submit your thoughts and insights directly to our Customer Support team! https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200388757-Feature-Requests

Great Tool

I can forecast and track labor with ease. Hot schedules in intergraded with our pos so sales/ labor is updated daily

Pros

I like the way it is intergraded with our daily pos system which makes it possible for me to track things like labor.

Cons

Scheduling is a bit troublesome sometimes do to the icons on the lower right of the boxes. Forecasting could be made a bit easier to use.

Hotschedules is Helpful

Hotschedules makes it easy to trade shifts, see your schedule, request time off, and message co-workers all in one app.

Pros

My favorite thing about this program is the ability to release and pick up shifts. You can even message co-workers on the software.

Cons

Sometimes the app will glitch or freeze. However overall, Hotschedules is user friendly and their customer support is great.

Hotschedules Review

Overall, I've always loved HS. Easy to use and teach.

Pros

Easy to interact with staff. Keep accountability in the hands of staff. Easy to use. Easy to train staff on.

Cons

Sometimes the updates make scheduling difficult. Also, we are trying to switch the day that our work week starts and they make it difficult because you have to have two weeks of schedules out before they'll do it for you.

So awesome!!

Overall experience is amazing! This company does amazing work!

Pros

Love Hotschedules!! They are amazing at what they do and make my life so easy when it comes to scheduling my staff and letting them switch and pick up work shifts. This is definitely something that employers with many employees need to use to make their schedule!

Cons

Non at all. This software does exactly what it says and it is amazing!