HotSchedules Reviews

4.3/5 (276 reviews)

Carisa Daley

General Manager and partner

Reviewed 2017-02-03

It is very difficult to get responses from customer support. It will take a day and up to 3 to hear anything back and that is in several different support groups. Also, the fact that you get shuffled from one type of support to another is quite frustrating. When you start you have 1 person that owns the majority of the experience.She was great! But once you get passed on to customer support it feels like you are lost. I also have an issue with the scheduling functionality. It is impossible to view an entire day of a schedule either in the schedule or the template. There used to be a button at the top of the schedule that allowed you to see the entire day, who was scheduled in each station, all at a glance. The new functionality makes it incredibly difficult to manage the level of staff on a shift.The logbook feature, the advanced floor maps (which are an additional cost..), and the messaging feature.

Greg Lewis

This software is easy to use and a great way to communicate.

Reviewed 2017-08-08

The largest benefit was time management. I have a lot more time to do other things that improve our guest's experience, which is the bottom line of my job. The communication side of it is great. I have less meetings now that I can send out mass messages. The scheduler itself is top notch. I can move shifts around quickly using the quick keys and copying schedules is a snap. Having the freedom to do my schedule anywhere and being able to approve or deny schedule changes from my phone makes those decisions more informed. We use it to document all incidents good and bad on employees, so when an evaluation comes around you have all that information at your fingertips. It makes a great reservation scheduler. The roster report is the first thing I print out in the mornings to make sure everyone is here and where they are supposed to be and if they are not I have all the phone numbers on that sheet. The fact that it gives you the number of hours for everyone helps with creating budgets for the week.

Garret Boos

Good Scheduler

Reviewed 2018-09-13

Overall its very good. I don't have much issue with it, but the UI could be definitely be better. Hotschedules won our business by having the best Aloha POS integration of all the companies we spoke with. Employees that are added to our system are automatically synced with Hotschedules so you can quickly begin adding them to the schedule. The integration also allows us to restrict employees from clocking in too early or late with saves labor and allows you to quickly identify the less punctual employees. Finally, the integration also pulls historical sales data from our POS and uses it to establish a good sales forecast that you can use to budget your labor accurately.

Anthony Rivera

Hotschedules Implimentation

Reviewed 2017-02-04

I recently signed up for hotschedules for my business that opens up in March. The support staff was great and very knowledgable in questions I had for hotschedules. I love that this software is more comman than it use to be. Most employees hired have heard or used hotschedules which makes the transition alot easier. Communication threw hotschedules makes this program a must for any business that has a decent sized staff

Joseph West

One of the owners for Sedona Taphouse

Reviewed 2017-01-31

I liked the old version better where you could click the roster button while writing a schedule and see a snap shot of that day. Everyone I know can not figure out why you got rid of that. Also I have been asking for years that you make it where we can set a max amount of request per day. Like 3 request off on monday, 4 on tuesday, 2 on sunday etc... so if I could allow 2 request off on sunday. When the 3rd person went to request off it would give them a pop up that would need to be approved by a manager.Reporting and ease to swap shift

Sean DeCrescenzo

Great for scheduling staff in the restaurant industry

Reviewed 2019-01-14

I used this app to schedule a full restaurant staff including FOH BOH and Managers. This tool is incredible useful and negates the need to figure out scheduling most weeks. All employees can submit their availability and I can schedule them badsed off of this availability without thinking to check because it bars me from scheudling people outside of their approved availability. No more scheduling issues!Intuitive User interface Easy to add new users Great scheduling utility incredible for contacting staff on a large scale Has a mobile app that users can use

Francis Pezzolanella

Ocean Blue Review

Reviewed 2017-01-31

We use a few of your products, HotShedules, LogBook, Inventory. All of them make our job easier and more affective. There is a lot of room to grow with the Inventory product. Hopefully we will see improvements in the future. Still, very pleased with all the products.IOS Compatibilty, cloud based.

justine bosio

everything in one place

Reviewed 2017-01-31

i like that i can easily access the schedules and requests off in one place. I am not a fan that they took away the option to easily see what date someone made the request though. that was a feature i used often. easy to use, keeps your organized, accessible from anywhere

Jeanne Rouzzo

Reviewed 2017-01-31

I am not quick to learn anything regarding computer programs, but hotschedules is very easy to use. Makes putting your schedule together stress free. At times website itself has issues that can be frustrating. Makes schedule making quick.

Alexa Godlin

HotSchedules is a great way to keep track of your work week!

Reviewed 2018-05-15
Review Source: Software Advice

I used HotSchedules for two years while serving and loved the idea where you can swap, add and release shifts if desired. I like that you can see your schedule for the week laid out in one spreadsheet. I also like that it gives you the option to do group messages with all of your coworkers and swap shifts if needed. This software offers a lot for your work scheduling and helps you stay organized and be flexible when you need to be.

Makes a restaurant run

Reviewed 2018-07-24

Internal communications and schedule notifications to a distributed workforce.Hotschedules makes schedule creation and updates ridiculously easy. Not only can you input the schedules you need covered to receive optimization suggestions, but once you post the schedules, you don't have to track down your staff to inform them of their schedules.

Connor West

HotSchedules does a great job at presenting all your scheduling/reporting data at a quick glance.

Reviewed 2018-02-02

A couple things that I really enjoy about HotSchedules is the reporting and future forecasting functions. You can also teach HotSchedules how to auto-schedule based off of those patterns from previously scheduled weeks. It is pretty user-friendly and when you launch for the first time - you have plenty of help. They give you a contact to assist you and provide plenty of step-by-step tutorials for all of the included functions of the software. They also give you styling options for how you would like to view and edit the schedules. The reporting data is quickly accessible and can be pulled from a large range of dates (this helps with payroll verification).

Michael Brandel

Hot Schedules is easy to use and they have great customer support.

Reviewed 2018-07-25

The opportunity to review a company that I use everyday. This is a more professional way of reviewing a company to help them to know what they are doing right and to possibly fix what they are doing wrong.Ease of scheduling . We use the messaging every night to update all on how the day went. If there are any questions their customer support is easy to get a hold of and the problem has been fixed before hanging up. We like employees hour's tracking to keep everyone at or below 40 hours a week.

Darla Crask

hotschedules review

Reviewed 2017-01-31

It's got so many options - none exactly what I need - that it is almost too cumbersome. I would like more flexibility to create template shifts and place them on days as needed, with it being ok that some days there are blank shifts left over. Rather than now, when if I make a template and want a day to be scheduled lightly, it tells the staff there's a house shift open. The template feature is practically more work than just starting from scratch each week. I hate entering the times of a shift and having it immediately autocorrect to the last half hour. For example if I want a shift to start at 1:30PM and end at 10:30PM, I have to type 1:30, click off and it will change it to 1:00, click back on to get to 1:30, and repeat to get the end time to read 10:30 instead of 10, then repeat to get PM instead of AM. I'd also like to not have to redo the schedule report generator so that it's easier to read every week, for the printed schedule we keep in the shop. All those outlines, yikes! What I do like is the messaging/staff communication parts. Requests off are clear and easy, same with shift swapping. I like being able to create blackout days for no requests off, and I like that I can easily see who wants off when and when the RO was made. Requests off, availability, blackout dates, staff communication sections. The app works great for everyone.

Very convenient

Reviewed 2018-10-28

I really like HotSchedules because it’s so convenient. The program is fairly easy to use but could use improvements like more schedule layout options.HotSchedules is very convenient to use for the business and employees. I love that I can message everyone as a group, a specific job title, or individuals. I love that the employees can view their schedule in real time from anywhere.

Nik Kohlmeier

Great tool for managing scheduling, messaging, and even training!

Reviewed 2018-06-05

Scheduling, reporting, and the Logbook are what we use the most.I like the ability to open up the HotSchedules app to see who's working. There are many useful tools such as messaging groups or individual staff members, forecasting hours, and looking back at previous years' staffing needs. If you have a restaurant, you should have HotSchedules. HotSchedules' support is amazing tooI never hesitate to call them if I have an issue.

Lisa Tran

Easy, a word usually not used in the Restaurant Biz.

Reviewed 2017-02-11

I have been using Hot Schedules for several years now, and I have to say it always pleases! In the service industry, the word "easy" is not usually thrown around. As a FOH manager, and a former FOH staff member Hot Schedules has always been super easy to use and super helpful! Also, implementing it into the restaurant was quick, easy, and the most affordable. The Hot Schedules team is always around to provide great customer service as well! If you are in the market for a new scheduling, labor tracking, (among many other things) service. I would for sure go with Hot Schedules!

Ashley Milton

I used HotSchedules when I was a server in college.

Reviewed 2018-06-21

I absolutely loved HotSchedules!!! It was so easy to use, and so convenient to see my schedule in real time! It was also great to be able to send messages back and forth with other employees or mass emails for shift coverage. HotSchedules made my life as a server SO much easier and convenient!

Mike Brandel

Great service

Reviewed 2017-02-03

Hot Schedules has been a great tool for our managers and staff. It's easy to use, customer service has been great to deal with. We like to reports it's nice to get a good picture of our overhead.

Rick Patel

Takes too long to sync new employees from Aloha.

Reviewed 2018-01-19

Making scheduling a less of an headache. Being able to focus on other aspects of managing my restaurant. Makes scheduling easier. I've never had an issues when it comes to scheduling with HS. It's a great platform especially when you operate a high volume restaurant. Hotschedules has allowed me to focus on other aspects of managing my restaurant. Scheduling literally takes about 15 minutes every week. Employees past and present have also had positive things to say about hot-schedules. Employees like the fact that you can download the app and be able to see any updates made to the schedule. Go-Hire has also been a great tool for my company. Onboarding new employees is made so much easier now with eliminating paper appplications and documents. Go hire easily let's you conduct background checks on new hires with a click of a button.

Yolanda Flores

A idea for improvement.

Reviewed 2017-02-03

I would like to see an option to add special event to the schedule calendar. This would help us as a reminder to adjust schedule to accommodate for the increase or decease of business. Also it would provide historical data for future budget/forecasting.-It's available in a smart phone app -employees are able submit days off for approval -forecasting

Anonymous

We utilize this program for our Catering company as a means to schedule & interact

Reviewed 2018-02-21

Ability to not only schedule/message in-house full time staff, but keep a running log of single event staffing as well. As a catering company you have many bodies you must manage, especially when an individual only works one event for you and that's it. With HotSchedules we're able to tabulate this into our weekly labor costs and it gives the functionality to forecast.

Anonymous

This program was easy to learn and very user friendly.

Reviewed 2018-01-18

The benefits that I get from this software are being able to put out a schedule in real time and get it to my employees in an effective way. It also benefits my employees because they are able to use it and make changes to their schedule if needed. The alerts are great!What I like most about this software is that you can send your employees messages and post schedules that will go directly to their e-mail and/or text.

Rebecca Pearl

The best way to post work schedules

Reviewed 2018-08-28

I have thoroughly enjoyed using the app, and it has allowed me to take opportunities that have made me additional money I otherwise would not have known about. I recommend the app to my other coworkers, as it is only a dollar or two one time and you never have to worry about losing your schedule or wondering when all your shifts are. I can access my work schedule whenever I want because it is both a website and an app. It not only tells you what your schedule is, but allows you to see who else you are working with. This is beneficial if you are trying to adjust your schedule for time off so you know exactly who is available and who is not, which saves a lot of time.

Kelsey Hay

I used HotSchedules for a serving job and it was easy to access and convenient.

Reviewed 2018-01-24

The accessibility was it is biggest pro. Being able to login to this application from anywhere and pickup or release shifts was great. I also loved that once a schedule was released, I would get a text notification of my upcoming shifts and the app also showed when my alcohol certification would expire.