PCRecruiter Reviews

PCRecruiter

The flexible, affordable, web-based solution for recruiting and sourcing.

4.34/5 (364 reviews)

Pros
  • Greatest benefit has been our ability to completely organize our business on this system as the 'go to' resource every day. And the technical service access and training are outstanding.Trudy G.Read the full review
  • I love how PCRecruiter can be personalized according to the company needs and wants. The ease of creating it and putting as many functions or options in the software is amazing.Veronica E.Read the full review
  • Customer service is extremely friendly and helpful. Also, the company actually does take into account user feedback and implements a lot of great ideas from the forums, which is nice to see.Sean H.Read the full review
Cons
  • This causes problems because we then have a bunch of incomplete registrations.Jenny G.Read the full review
  • We started out using a quarter of the functionality. Then I turned my technology guy loose.Bryan D.Read the full review
  • Follow-up activities are very hard to find and awkward to manipulate from their "Activities" tab. You cannot easily find previous placements when viewing a candidate profile.Meredith D.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Rik Yerzik

I have been working with PCRecruiter since 2003

Reviewed 2018-03-05

Pros
I like the integration and all the features, from recruiting, database, sales, the ability to manage and drive the whole process in one place that makes it very useful to upload information and communicate and track all processes from the client to the applicant, recruiting, sales and it is flexible to be able to support any discipline or industry.

Cons
It takes a little while to get used to the system and to learn all the different modules.. it's very robust. Saying that, the support team and training team are very responsive and help so much when I need to learn something knew or if I have support issue it has been resolved quickly 100% of the time. Then entire company that I have spoken with or needed their help has always been responsive and very friendly and easy to work with.

Vince Agresti

PCR over the years

Reviewed 2019-08-29

The biggest value beyond the capturing of information in an easy to get to fashion. Over the last 10 years (since the initial release of the Portal) the product has been much easier to get new people using. Having it be "in the cloud" makes it simple to get to regardless of where you are at. The nature of our business is not everything happens when you are sitting in your office. Literally you can be anywhere in the world (even in Afghanistan) and have access to your desk.

Pros
The fact that the software flows the same way our business does. Unlike generic CRM products or worse ATS products "for recruiters," PCR enables a headhunter a way to easily track the relationships that you build over the years. Our business is selling. It could be opportunities to people or taking a high-performance candidate out to companies and managing the process. In recent years the update roadmap has been far better than it was in the past as well as the quality of those updates. The combination of the Outlook Portal, Capture and Version 9 also make it easy for new people to get started using it Profiles are a great way to capture the data you need and to have the candidate or client do it in their own words for you. ALso love the new mobile app.

Cons
It's TOO flexible. The ability to customize screen layouts makes training multiple locations a challenge. Also, the custom report writing tool is a bit arcane

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Thank you for the review, Vince! We appreciate your business.

Joni Roy

PCR Has Made Our Job Easier!

Reviewed 2020-05-04

Choosing to use PCR as our ATS has helped to improve the time it takes to send emails, gather resumes, and information, etc. It has been a game changer for us.

Pros
We are able to perform all of our tasks from PCR. The functionality is amazing!

Cons
There are almost too many layers to the software. It all becomes a bit daunting if you don't break it down into small learning segments. Also, the training needs to include more of a chance to use the product as you learn.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Thank you for taking time to review PCR, Joni! We are working on brand new training materials that we think you'll find very helpful. Keep your eye out in the coming months!

Meredith Dow

Overall a good product for a small business.

Reviewed 2019-05-31

Overall it is a nice system. Not the easiest to use but it is a nice price point and is workable for a small business. I have worked with several systems in the past with more powerful capabilities but PCR is not bad for the price. But I think I should have talked to some other users first about their experience porting over their data.

Pros
A good value for a small company that is on a tight budget.

Cons
-Transporting my data over tp PCR from my old system was time consuming and cumbersome. A lot of the data ported over awkwardly and has required a lot of cleanup on my part. -I feel like the strength of the system lies in the back-end capability as opposed to the front end. Boolean searches are not easy to run to find candidates that already exist in the database. (Example: You cannot use the * (wildcard) in PCR like you can in a true Boolean search). -Follow-up activities are very hard to find and awkward to manipulate from their "Activities" tab. -You cannot easily find previous placements when viewing a candidate profile. -You cannot save the parameters you use most often when running reports on your open positions. (They call "Job Orders" positions in their system). You have to re-enter everything from scratch every time.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Tiffany Wallace

Already saving time and money!

Reviewed 2020-03-10

The training team has been excellent. They follow up and they also made sure we had accessibility during the time we needed them. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is professional and thorough.

Pros
I like the way this software integrates with e-mail and it is easy to toggle back and forth. Very user friendly.

Cons
So far the only thing I wish was different was how we add attachments.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Thanks so much for your kind words, Tiffany! If you haven't yet, please post your suggestions about attachments on our ideas forum in the helpdesk. We look forward to helping you save more time and money!

Amanda Sell

Made by engineers for engineers

Reviewed 2019-08-23

I just found out, after 18 months of using this software, that there is a standard set up with MRI, that was never offered to us by PCR. So, we have not been able to use this software correctly or to its full capacity. Our set up is wrong, and now we have to dig ourselves out of the poor set up and teach ourselves what the system can do, so we can get set up to the appropriate settings recommended by MRI. Overall, not a good experience.

Pros
Fully customizable. The people that get it set up properly and taught right out of the gate love it.

Cons
It is customizable, but only if you know what you want, and how to explain it and explain it to a techie. This is not an intuitive product. When we set up, we were asked what we wanted, but having never used it, we couldn't articulate what we wanted.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Thank you for the review, Amanda - our apologies on the confusion during your roll out. We'll look into the internal processes that took place to see how the MRI template was missed during your setup.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Scott Rivers

Amazing Support with a Strong and Reliable Product

Reviewed 2020-01-08

Fantastic products and amazing support

Pros
PCRecruiter offers tremendous flexibility for those that want more from their ATS.

Cons
Mass emails are a pain, but once you learn the system, it works fine.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Thank you for the review, Scott! We're happy to have you as a client.

We're always open to thoughts on improving the mass email capabilities. Visit the features & suggestions forum on the helpdesk and let us know what could be improved.

Nathan Gruen

Affordable and Functional

Reviewed 2019-07-31

Pros
There are a lot of functions available for use in this software, but it's designed in a way that you can choose to use what you want. Nothing we don't use is in our way or makes using the software harder.

Cons
I would like it if the roll ups could be sorted by the quality of the match to a search.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Thanks for your review!

If you have any suggestions for the team on how we can improve rollups, check out the Ideas and Requests forum in our helpdesk.

Dan Rhoer

Great recruiting software - needs some improvement as far as being a comprehensive ATS

Reviewed 2019-05-30

Overall, as a recruiter software, I'm not sure there's a better product on the market. There needs to be some basic features to the platform, however, if PCRecruiter is going to compete in the ATS market.

Pros
Very easy to use - simple one click or drag and drop features make it incredibly efficient. Pricing model is based on users and NOT number of employees which is critical. ATS's should not have a per employee pricing model, period. Aesthetics are awesome, navigating through the platform is pretty straight forward.

Cons
As far as being an ATS there are a couple of very key features it lacks which are basic components of most, if not all, ATS'. 1) Currently it does not provide a way to pre-qualify candidates when they first apply to a position. Most ATS' offer front end questions to help determine if candidates possess the minimum requirements which helps the recruiter focus on those who meet those requirements first. 2) Automation emails can be sent, however setting it up is a little clunky - once you get through it, however, it works great. 3) This is more of a desired feature, but there should be an option to set a delayed time for automation emails. For example, when a candidate you're not interested in is interviewed, when you move them in to the appropriate folder in the pipeline to let them know they're no longer being considered it sends out the email immediately, there should be an option for a 24 hour to 48 hour delay.

Michael Vineyard

PCR Review

Reviewed 2019-09-18

Customer service is usually good. Self hosted are the last to get updates which is somewhat understood but not sure why it lags so far behind.

Pros
Ease of use. Somewhat customize-able. Self Hosting

Cons
Lack of detail search. Ex. Experience, Salary, Education Level, Stability Also, the unability to match a candidate to job openings. Mostly, the search function is not equal to other leading CRM's.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Thanks for your review, Michael! Regarding the search and matching, some of that may be due to how you're configured. The more detailed your records are, the greater your ability to search them will be. Check in with our training team for tips or help creating custom data fields.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Terry Cimino

Best partner

Reviewed 2019-08-26

I run my desk on a daily basis using all the tools that PCRecruiter has for me. It speeds up and hones in on my search process and keeps a perfect record for each activity without having to add several clicks or time. Additionally, the company is open to improvement, enhancement suggestions from their users and they implement a good portion of those requests to make it more functionable for everyone. Once again, PCRecruiter/Main Sequence is a collaborative partner you can count on.

Pros
I have been with PCRecruiter since 2000. Partnering with the company for my ATS system was one of the best business decisions I ever made. The company continues to grow, the software function and features are prenominal. Whether you are a recruiting firm, a staffing firm or a company PCRecruiter can handle all of your ATS requirements. It's not just a database of data. The data is can be measured, monitored, and managed easily with excellent administrative tools. Beyond that from a user standpoint, it is constantly being upgraded to fit the needs, requirements and desires as the industry itself matures in the digital age. Syncing, emails, phone systems, search engines, job boards and beyond. The customer support is AAAA. The techs are friendly, intelligent, know the systems and solve virtually every issue I've ever called about on the first call or ticket submission. The rare times issues were not resolved immediately, they were handled with 48 - 72 hours. I would recommend PCRecruiter/Main Sequence to anyone from a "one man office" to a large corporation. It doesn't matter how small or big your organization, they treat everyone with same professionalism.

Cons
I have thought about this, and there truly is no negative side that I can find from my perspective.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Thank you for the glowing review, Terry! It's always good to hear that our clients are totally satisfied, and we appreciate your continued business over the years.

Jan Plessner

PCR Recruiter by Jan Plessner, Motorcycle/Powersports Industry Talent Search Business Owner

Reviewed 2019-05-30

Experiencing success as a first-time recruiter within 90 days of my start date (2012) and growing my volume of placements to consistently earn the #1 or #2 spot in the firm. Experiencing success right out of the gate after launching my own recruiting firm in Feb 2016.

Pros
I have been using PC Recruiter for as long as I have been recruiting, for about 6 years now. I used one other candidate tracking system about a year ago when helping another recruiter on a project. I like how PCR is an extension of me. I understand how most of the functions work. The tech hotline team members are the best. The training person is awesome, too. They are constantly updating the system. The system has never let me down. The system itself never goes down either. The updates are done late at night. With PCR, I can keep track of all my e-mail communications. I use the PCR mail integrated right there in the system. Emails are automatically linked/attached to each candidate. It's an easy program to learn and there are countless ways to access the information you need. I find PCR to be an intuitive system. When a new version was launched a few years ago, I felt like my suggestions were heard as they were fine-tuning the new edition. I am a successful recruiter because I am efficient on PCRecruiter. When a client needed proof that I submitted a candidate before they hired him, I was able to pull together all the dates, emails and history needed to get paid for the placement. It's a great all-around system and I can't imagine working without it. Mac for life. PCRecruiter for life.

Cons
The scheduling feature of the program is confusing, especially when it comes to different time zones. Some of my clients prefer I send a meeting notice to them so they can accept it and move it to their calendar. I haven't really mastered using this function or felt confident enough to use the meeting scheduler on a regular basis. I think it would be cool to be able to color code or customize how different positions look on the system. Just like you can upload a company logo or a candidate's headshot...it would be nice to be able to color code positions with a wrench for a technician role for example, or a dollar sign for a controller job. I am a visual person and would like to make the live roles look different than the jobs that are filled, closed or on hold. Some of the functionality is over my head. But I know that training is available for every feature of the system. All I would have to do is schedule it with representative. She's great. When I used PCRecruiter in my past working for another company, I didn't like how other recruiters could go in and "steal" an active candidate who I was working with, without my permission. I think this issue was due to the fact that 6+ recruiters were competing for the same talent in this shared database and some recruiters lacked integrity and manners. There was also no enforcement of a fair and equitable system to share the database.

Don Graves

An Essential Workforce/Recruiting Software Tool

Reviewed 2016-11-28

Our agency has been working with the PCRecruiter software since 2011 when we adapted it to our use for job placement services in the public workforce system. We started our on a totally paper-driven filing system. With our focus of helping prepare job seekers for the interview process and recruiting for employers to fill their job orders, we needed a software tool that could provide the recruiting tools but also an electronic file management system to track data on the job seekers and their activity. PCRecruiter provided all of that and then some with a little help from the MainSequence software development team. Since our use extended beyond the basic focus of the system it took a fair amount of customizing profiles, activities, reports, and related to get it right to where we needed the software to be. Fortunately PCR allows for this. You can customize a large portion of the software to meet your individual needs. The support techs were very helpful in creating our first evolution and we have continued to refine our database since that time. I think I've only stumped the techs once or twice but they eventually uncovered the solution to my issue/question. Once we pioneered the system for our workforce needs, several other partner agencies and employers also picked up on this great tool and began using it when they saw how effective it was with data management. The speed at which we can pull demographic data and get a snapshot of current recruiting patterns is great. Yes, the costs associated can be tough depending on your number of users but this is true for any of the top recruiting/electronic file management systems. It takes a little getting used to at first, especially some of the Admin functions, but once you have the basics down the software becomes very intuitive. Rarely have we found something that we could not get the software to do. Overall, an essential workforce/recruiting software tool to help efficiently maintain information.

Pros
Flexible and can be customized to fit user needs. Many options. Internet based so can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons
Sometimes customization requires a lot of adjustment to work just depending on what you are trying to do and reporting can be a little confusing until you spend some time on it. We have been using PCR8 still so some of this may have been improved in V9.

John Harris

My best and most critical resource for recruiting success!

Reviewed 2015-07-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
PC Recruiter is, hands down, the best recruiting CRM software I have found on the market. Its functionality is way beyond any of its competitors. As a CRM consultant, I have high expectations for CRM software, and this program has exceeded them. In fact, I found that there were a whole lot more resources than I had anticipated: easy-to-use plugins for Outlook and Chrome, extensive options to communicate with clients and candidates, and a robust database that is able to take all the information I need, put it where it is easily accessible, and then be able to get a comprehensive "picture" of what I need to know. I have used other programs and the general attitude of the other vendors is something like this: "Here's what it is . . . here's how it works . . . it's up to you to figure out how you can make this work for your business." Using spreadsheets and Outlook was more efficient than what they offered - which is what I had to use in the past with certain software programs. When it comes to PCRecruiter, it's as if they asked me what I needed and then built a great program . . . and then asked me what my "dream" software would include . . . and then they met and exceeded my expectations. The salesperson asked me a lot of questions and then made sure the software and my eventual training addressed my needs, rather than talking at me about its capabilities. After trying the "best" programs and, frankly, finding no comparison to PCRecruiter, I don't want any of my competition to use it - I like having a clear advantage.

Cons
There isn't anything I don't like about PCRecruiter. It would be great if they gave the software away for free, but with the price being lower than a lot of their competitors . . . again, I can't complain about anything with PCRecruiter.

Anonymous

PCRecruiter - For REtained Executive Search

Reviewed 2019-07-31

It's a great solution for recruiting and marketing.

Pros
This is my 2nd time using PCRecruiter but the 1st time I'm using it as an ower. Value and customer support are very good. I've used other products before and the ease of data entry makes it a go-to product.

Cons
There are some software glitches that need to improve on PCR Capture but overall I'm happy and like that they listen to customer feedback. It would be nice if the training offered more guidance on how to best setup PCRcruiter.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on PCR! We're glad you selected us for your business.

If you have any questions or suggestions, we're always open to hearing them! Send us an email or visit the Ideas and Requests forum in the helpdesk.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Scott Rosenthal

Great software!!!

Reviewed 2019-08-14

Pros
After using the same software for 17 years, I was very skeptical about changing. I was pleasantly surprised by the user friendliness of PCR and how easy the change was. The custom-ability is definitely the best part.

Cons
There are a few things I would like changed that are hard programmed where you can't.... but overall we love it.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Thank you for the review, Scott! Picking up a new software after 17 years is a big shift, so we're glad PCR is doing the job for you now!

Jeremy Burkhart

Best Applicant Tracking System Out

Reviewed 2019-08-08

We have been able to truly streamline our interview stages and processes with PCR.

Pros
The loading speed of each & every page. The integrations with partnered companies, such as Ring Central, Outlook and website job board is truly remarkable. We have utilized Fleetware, TalentAPP and looked into Bullhorn. Ultimately, PCR was our choice because it's a solid and reliable software, i'd say you get a bang for your buck. Plus, the customer support team is outstanding and addressed all issues or concerns during our integration process.

Cons
I would say it takes time inputing new client companies to the system. I'd like to see a feature that allows parsing information from google into PCR company fields.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Thanks for the review, Jeremy!

The idea of a Google parser is interesting - perhaps it's something that could be accomplished within PCR Capture. Post your idea in our Ideas & Requests forum, if you haven't already!

Helen Hurst

Review from an Executive Recruiting Agency

Reviewed 2020-05-05

I use PCRecruiter every day to track my outreach, responses, candidate submittals to clients, interviews, hires, etc. I am strictly in a recruiting role, so I don’t typically add much information under “company”, but I think it’s also an important tool for the sales team to keep up to date. I know I mentioned this above, but I think two of the greatest features is the ability to upload candidates directly from Linkedin, and the ability to email clients/candidates through PCRecruiter. You are able to stay very organized which leads to increased efficiency and more time to talk to candidates.

Pros
I’ve used several ATS systems throughout my career as an agency recruiter and I’ve found PCRecruiter to quite user friendly. It has a nice add-on feature that allows you to upload candidate’s profiles directly from Linkedin using “PCR Capture”. It automatically captures the candidates employment history, as well as their location, picture, education and email address/phone number if available. I also like that you can email a candidate or hiring manager directly through PCRecruiter. If you’re on the candidate’s page and you’ve linked them to an existing position, you can go to the tab labeled “interviews” and send the candidate and hiring team a confirmation email. You are also able to save email templates through PCRecruiter.

Cons
I can’t think of many cons for this ATS. When I first started using the system, I found the interface to be a little date, but last month they redesigned the UX and I find it to be much more visually appealing.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Thanks so much for your review of PCR, Helen! We're glad you like the new UX updates... these are just the beginning of a very exciting round of changes we're looking forward to sharing with you!

John Bucy

A fully functional user friendly system!

Reviewed 2019-08-26

One of the biggest challenges for people like myself in the staffing industry is how to effectively leverage all of the technology available to optimize the staffing workflow. With the integration PCR has with Outlook and LinkedIn I am able to have an operationally efficient workflow that saves me time and positions me for success!

Pros
PCRecruiter is very easy to navigate and the integration with Outlook and LinkedIn is excellent. In addition to the system working very well with Outlook and LinkedIn, it has a great mobile interface that makes navigating the system on the go a great option.

Cons
I don't have any cons as I feel that PCR is one of the best systems available at a very affordable price point.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Thank you for reviewing PCR, John! it's wonderful to hear that PCR is meeting all of your needs so well.

Mark Nadel

Highly Functional, very adaptable and great customer support.

Reviewed 2016-04-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I am the IT and Business Consultant to a medium sized Recruiter / Placement Business that specializes in a niche market across USA. We have used the web based version of PCRecruiter for 8 years since 2008. As a medium sized business we did not want to fund a custom built program but needed the flexibility to be able to adapt the system in a similar fashion to having our own purpose built system and internal developers. I first evaluated PCRecruiter (PCR) against several competing products in mid 2008 and found it to be the most versatile for our purpose. The only program of it's type that delivered everything we needed, plus expansion possibilities, was PCRecruiter. Periodically I conduct a similar review for the business and have yet to find a system that offers an advantage over PCRecruiter. In the 8 years since we started using PCRecruiter we have expanded the system with several customized modules which have been possible within the system due to it's flexible architecture. Finally I would like to make special mention of the customer support which has proven to be second to none.

Cons
I don't really have a dislike about the product or vendor. You usually only have dislikes when the service and product are not up to scratch.

Rebecca Lee

Good - Depending on What You Need in a Recruitment Software

Reviewed 2019-07-23

Overall PCRecruiter is good for managing and organizing data and searching for existing candidates. Search function has much to improve as well as the coding.

Pros
Roll-Ups are easy to manage and organize candidates. Adding new jobs into the system. Easy to input data in an organized format in candidate files

Cons
Search function. You can only search existing candidates that have been registered with our agency. If a candidate applied for your job from another platform (ie: Indeed), you will not be able to search for them in PCR even though their resume was parsed into the system. Need to search in each open job to see new candidates. Lots of candidates also get lost if they are not coded correctly (ie: under the right job title, software skill).

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Hi Rebecca,

All candidates that are stored in the PCRecruiter database (even those pushed into the system via Indeed) should be searchable by any words or phrases in their resume or by the fields in their contact info. If you're discovering records that can't be found in a search, it may be an indexing issue on the database. Get in touch with our support team and they'll get it sorted out for you. It's true, however, that coding for your own particular search requirements can help - if the candidate's resume doesn't include the phrase you're looking for, the search engine will not return that record.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

Powerful Recruiting Software, responsive developers

Reviewed 2019-05-29

I used PCRecruiter as an employee and then when I started my own company I chose them based on my experience and happiness with the database. I didn't even shop other options as I knew what this could do and wouldn't have any learning curve.

Pros
already had good powerful recruiting tools before they started actively asking for suggestions. They put in a request and suggestions forum and actually listen & prioritize the changes/improvements that we users have asked for. Not 100% of them, but many of them. Their tech support is super responsive and helps with individual problems. Very customizable for how you want to have it work with you and what you want it to show you.

Cons
It's got a LOT of bells and whistles I don't need, but it makes it useful for bigger recruiting organizations with more complex needs than I have as a small recruiting firm. I do wish some of the tasks were a little easier to accomplish with fewer clicks. Once data is in PCR it's harder to manipulate it than if it was , say, in an Excel spreadsheet. I do miss that type of flexibility.

Chris Ugolini

Overall very good ATS.

Reviewed 2020-05-11

Very good, they are getting better everyday. Great Staff, Trainers are improving since we first implemented. First rate organization. Would Highly recommend.

Pros
Excellent customer service, powerful back end, never crashes, interface isn't pretty but does the job. Works well with MS Outlook for email. Keeps track of everything, open API

Cons
Reports, too many, not as easy to customize.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Thanks so much for the review, Chris!
We think you'll be happy with the interface and workflow improvements coming throughout the year as well!

Bryan Dilts

PCR got better and better the deeper we got into it.

Reviewed 2019-08-23

Our ability to enter, track, contact, and reuse contacts and information has soared. I was very happy with my previous ATS, but they were bought and put on a slow death diet. I am glad we moved to PCR. I wish we had done it earlier. Another thing I like is that PCR is not constantly raising our rates and creating add-ons we have to purchase.

Pros
The integration with Outlook, RingCentral, Monster, CareerBuilder and other outside providers speeds up my pace a lot. The PCR Capture piece makes my researchers much more efficient. They can focus on finding people, instead of wasting time typing in their information.

Cons
We started out using a quarter of the functionality. Then I turned my technology guy loose. Wow! Now our tracking, sharing, and efficiency has more than doubled. We've run the numbers.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Thank you for your review, Bryan! It's great to hear that PCR has been making things easier at AGI!

Trudy Giese

Review of PCRecruiter As A Valued Business Tool

Reviewed 2019-08-09

Pros
It's functionality allows us to access/retrieve all important candidate/client information [new or archived] in several different ways so that data is never 'lost'. From their basic features to the more granular, PCRecruiter has been an excellent and reliable business tool for us, for almost 14 years!

Cons
After 14 years, the product has only improved and continues to do so, so at this time there aren't any 'negatives' to site.

Response from Main Sequence Technology

Thank you for the review, Trudy! We're glad to head that PCR has been making your job easier for all these years!