All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

PCRecruiter

Recruitment CRM / ATS for recruiting and placement agencies.

visit website

PCRecruiter Reviews

Pros

Greatest benefit has been our ability to completely organize our business on this system as the 'go to' resource every day. And the technical service access and training are outstanding.

Trudy G.

Read the full review
I love how PCRecruiter can be personalized according to the company needs and wants. The ease of creating it and putting as many functions or options in the software is amazing.

Veronica E.

Read the full review
Customer service is extremely friendly and helpful. Also, the company actually does take into account user feedback and implements a lot of great ideas from the forums, which is nice to see.

Sean H.

Read the full review

Cons

This causes problems because we then have a bunch of incomplete registrations.

Jenny G.

Bryan D.

Read the full review
Follow-up activities are very hard to find and awkward to manipulate from their "Activities" tab. You cannot easily find previous placements when viewing a candidate profile.

Meredith D.

Powerful Recruiting Software, responsive developers

Transcript

Grice W.: Hi, my name is Grice. I'm CEO of my company. I work in the recruiting industry and I would...

The Best APS System available

More placements. Ease of tracking of job orders, company, company contacts, and candidates. Robust features Ability to integrate my phone system, not only for activity tracking but also for ease of use.

Pros

We originally purchased PcRecruiter in 1999. Our integration was seamless, and set up was easy. Over the years the changes, facelifts, and upgrades have all been targetted at making the manager and the recruiter's work so much easier, with consistent record tracking. The integrations with partnering software platforms have been and continue to be phenomenal, again, all to make our job less complex. The system is extremely user friendly and not only easy to use, but also to learn. Customer Support and Training is above the bar of excellence.

Cons

There's always room for improvement to any software, but at this time, I am very happy with the product and no complaints.

Thank you so much for your review of PCRecruiter and your continued use of the system! We appreciate your business.

PCR over the years

The biggest value beyond the capturing of information in an easy to get to fashion. Over the last 10 years (since the initial release of the Portal) the product has been much easier to get new people using. Having it be "in the cloud" makes it simple to get to regardless of where you are at. The nature of our business is not everything happens when you are sitting in your office. Literally you can be anywhere in the world (even in Afghanistan) and have access to your desk.

Pros

The fact that the software flows the same way our business does. Unlike generic CRM products or worse ATS products "for recruiters," PCR enables a headhunter a way to easily track the relationships that you build over the years. Our business is selling. It could be opportunities to people or taking a high-performance candidate out to companies and managing the process. In recent years the update roadmap has been far better than it was in the past as well as the quality of those updates. The combination of the Outlook Portal, Capture and Version 9 also make it easy for new people to get started using it Profiles are a great way to capture the data you need and to have the candidate or client do it in their own words for you. ALso love the new mobile app.

Cons

It's TOO flexible. The ability to customize screen layouts makes training multiple locations a challenge. Also, the custom report writing tool is a bit arcane

Thank you for the review, Vince! We appreciate your business.

An integral part of our business

Overall we could not run the business without this valuable tool

Pros

I can think of a feature it doesn't have and its pretty easy to use, affordable priced and has great support.

Cons

The only con is the phone version I find limited vs the pcversion and I wish they would improve it by making good ot more like the desktop

Thanks so much for the review of PCR on Capterra, James! Rest assured that more mobile capabilities are on the way in the future.

Overall a good product for a small business.

Overall it is a nice system. Not the easiest to use but it is a nice price point and is workable for a small business. I have worked with several systems in the past with more powerful capabilities but PCR is not bad for the price. But I think I should have talked to some other users first about their experience porting over their data.

Pros

A good value for a small company that is on a tight budget.

Cons

-Transporting my data over tp PCR from my old system was time consuming and cumbersome. A lot of the data ported over awkwardly and has required a lot of cleanup on my part. -I feel like the strength of the system lies in the back-end capability as opposed to the front end. Boolean searches are not easy to run to find candidates that already exist in the database. (Example: You cannot use the *...

This is so much better than our old ATS!

The biggest problem we have faced recently is job-posting integration. We would like to make it very easy for our recruiters to go about their day. Right now, all they have to do is enter a couple of job details and our IR team handles the rest. PCR pushes out the job to multiple sites and even has the capabilty to pull applicants directly into PCR to be screened from the in-app pipeline.

Pros

Being able to delegate tedious tasks to AI is amazing. I'm an IR, which means I am always doing database work. PCR has made it extremely easy to import data, go through call sheets, and set up plans for our Recruiters. Also, the support team is top-notch and is always listening to their users. Highly recommend PCR to anyone that is using an old, clunky ATS. Also, I can't write a review without mentioning Dark Mode. PCR has a really solid Dark mode that keeps my eyes from burning when staring at my screen for 10 hours.

Cons

I wish that there were more integrations with job-posting. Specifically with LinkedIn Recruiter. It is also very different from ATS's of the past so it might take a while to train your team on how to use it. We have had to dedicate a lot of training time to PCR. Additionally, there are a couple of things that are a bit more complicated than they have to be. The search function is very robust but can be confusing to new users.

Thanks for your review, Scott! We're glad PCR is filling your needs and we look forward to sharing some great new updates with you this year!

Made by engineers for engineers

I just found out, after 18 months of using this software, that there is a standard set up with MRI, that was never offered to us by PCR. So, we have not been able to use this software correctly or to its full capacity. Our set up is wrong, and now we have to dig ourselves out of the poor set up and teach ourselves what the system can do, so we can get set up to the appropriate settings recommended by MRI. Overall, not a good experience.

Pros

Fully customizable. The people that get it set up properly and taught right out of the gate love it.

Cons

It is customizable, but only if you know what you want, and how to explain it and explain it to a techie. This is not an intuitive product. When we set up, we were asked what we wanted, but having never used it, we couldn't articulate what we wanted.

Thank you for the review, Amanda - our apologies on the confusion during your roll out. We'll look into the internal processes that took place to see how the MRI template was missed during your setup.

Great Recruitment Platform

I really like this platform. They gave me good training (recorded so I can review it at any time), and are there for support in a timely fashion.

Pros

I love the PCR Capture for LinkedIn. I can easily capture the information my contacts put on LI including their picture. Even though you can download the contact information directly from LI, most of the time the email address and phone numbers won't transfer so this way I know I have the information in my PC Recruiter database.

Cons

I have trouble customizing pages and sometimes it's hard for me to have a candidate change companies within the software.

Thanks so much for your review of PCRecruiter! Regarding customizing pages, our training team would be glad to assist with that at any time. Changing companies can be achieved from the action menu at the upper right corner of the name record - just select that option and pick the company to re-link the name to. If you need help with anything just email support@mainsequence.net and they can give you the specifics.

Fully featured, supported and powerful recruiting CRM solution

Our requirements outgrew our Zoho One solution for working with 1000s of volunteers. PCR was the clear winner after an extensive competitive process.

Pros

Amazing customer support from evaluation through implementation and beyond. Their dev team is also top-notch.

Cons

Setting up the system is a lengthy process due to the huge level of complexity and customization possible. Not really a con but rather a lesson learned. Better functionality for bilingual system would be a huge plus!

Thank you so much for the review, Eoghan! We appreciate the opportunity to serve your business.

Honest PCR Review!

Benefits are having a huge and easily accessible database that we can access from anywhere (the APP needs some work though, not great) overall I would recommend it.

Pros

It is pretty user friendly, there are a ton of features with PCR that are available and if you take the time to go through and experiment, you will find out how helpful it can really be. Roll ups are very easy to use and they have made some changes that make it easier to sort those as well.

Cons

There can be a lot of lagging, though I will say in the last year or so this has improved a ton.

Thanks for your review, Jennifer! We're glad to hear that our continual infrastructure upgrades have been improving the speed for you! Hit our ideas and requests forum if you have any suggestions for the product.

PC Recruiter is a good value

It is not the cheapest but it is not the most expensive. I feel that it is a good value.

Pros

I do like the ability to send applications, write notes, attach references, resumes and store contact info all in one place.

Cons

To create a job order after a candidate is placed is a long tedious process. There are so many steps.

Thank you for your review of PCRecruiter! There may be shorter routes to creating a job order via templates and other features. Check in with our support team for possible ways to optimize your process!

PCR Recruiter by Jan Plessner, Motorcycle/Powersports Industry Talent Search Business Owner

Experiencing success as a first-time recruiter within 90 days of my start date (2012) and growing my volume of placements to consistently earn the #1 or #2 spot in the firm. Experiencing success right out of the gate after launching my own recruiting firm in Feb 2016.

Pros

I have been using PC Recruiter for as long as I have been recruiting, for about 6 years now. I used one other candidate tracking system about a year ago when helping another recruiter on a project. I like how PCR is an extension of me. I understand how most of the functions work. The tech hotline team members are the best. The training person is awesome, too. They are constantly updating the system....

Cons

The scheduling feature of the program is confusing, especially when it comes to different time zones. Some of my clients prefer I send a meeting notice to them so they can accept it and move it to their calendar. I haven't really mastered using this function or felt confident enough to use the meeting scheduler on a regular basis. I think it would be cool to be able to color code or customize how...

An Essential Workforce/Recruiting Software Tool

Our agency has been working with the PCRecruiter software since 2011 when we adapted it to our use for job placement services in the public workforce system. We started our on a totally paper-driven filing system. With our focus of helping prepare job seekers for the interview process and recruiting for employers to fill their job orders, we needed a software tool that could provide the recruiting...

Pros

Flexible and can be customized to fit user needs. Many options. Internet based so can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons

Sometimes customization requires a lot of adjustment to work just depending on what you are trying to do and reporting can be a little confusing until you spend some time on it. We have been using PCR8 still so some of this may have been improved in V9.

My best and most critical resource for recruiting success!

Pros

PC Recruiter is, hands down, the best recruiting CRM software I have found on the market. Its functionality is way beyond any of its competitors. As a CRM consultant, I have high expectations for CRM software, and this program has exceeded them. In fact, I found that there were a whole lot more resources than I had anticipated: easy-to-use plugins for Outlook and Chrome, extensive options to communicate...

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about PCRecruiter. It would be great if they gave the software away for free, but with the price being lower than a lot of their competitors . . . again, I can't complain about anything with PCRecruiter.

PCRecruiter - For REtained Executive Search

It's a great solution for recruiting and marketing.

Pros

This is my 2nd time using PCRecruiter but the 1st time I'm using it as an ower. Value and customer support are very good. I've used other products before and the ease of data entry makes it a go-to product.

Cons

There are some software glitches that need to improve on PCR Capture but overall I'm happy and like that they listen to customer feedback. It would be nice if the training offered more guidance on how to best setup PCRcruiter.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on PCR! We're glad you selected us for your business. If you have any questions or suggestions, we're always open to hearing them! Send us an email or visit the Ideas and Requests forum in the helpdesk.

Great software!!!

Pros

After using the same software for 17 years, I was very skeptical about changing. I was pleasantly surprised by the user friendliness of PCR and how easy the change was. The custom-ability is definitely the best part.

Cons

There are a few things I would like changed that are hard programmed where you can't.... but overall we love it.

Thank you for the review, Scott! Picking up a new software after 17 years is a big shift, so we're glad PCR is doing the job for you now!

Great recruiting software - needs some improvement as far as being a comprehensive ATS

Overall, as a recruiter software, I'm not sure there's a better product on the market. There needs to be some basic features to the platform, however, if PCRecruiter is going to compete in the ATS market.

Pros

Very easy to use - simple one click or drag and drop features make it incredibly efficient. Pricing model is based on users and NOT number of employees which is critical. ATS's should not have a per employee pricing model, period. Aesthetics are awesome, navigating through the platform is pretty straight forward.

Cons

As far as being an ATS there are a couple of very key features it lacks which are basic components of most, if not all, ATS'. 1) Currently it does not provide a way to pre-qualify candidates when they first apply to a position. Most ATS' offer front end questions to help determine if candidates possess the minimum requirements which helps the recruiter focus on those who meet those requirements first....

Best Applicant Tracking System Out

We have been able to truly streamline our interview stages and processes with PCR.

Pros

The loading speed of each & every page. The integrations with partnered companies, such as Ring Central, Outlook and website job board is truly remarkable. We have utilized Fleetware, TalentAPP and looked into Bullhorn. Ultimately, PCR was our choice because it's a solid and reliable software, i'd say you get a bang for your buck. Plus, the customer support team is outstanding and addressed all issues or concerns during our integration process.

Cons

I would say it takes time inputing new client companies to the system. I'd like to see a feature that allows parsing information from google into PCR company fields.

Thanks for the review, Jeremy! The idea of a Google parser is interesting - perhaps it's something that could be accomplished within PCR Capture. Post your idea in our Ideas & Requests forum, if you haven't already!

Review from an Executive Recruiting Agency

I use PCRecruiter every day to track my outreach, responses, candidate submittals to clients, interviews, hires, etc. I am strictly in a recruiting role, so I don’t typically add much information under “company”, but I think it’s also an important tool for the sales team to keep up to date. I know I mentioned this above, but I think two of the greatest features is the ability to upload candidates directly from Linkedin, and the ability to email clients/candidates through PCRecruiter. You are able to stay very organized which leads to increased efficiency and more time to talk to candidates.

Pros

I’ve used several ATS systems throughout my career as an agency recruiter and I’ve found PCRecruiter to quite user friendly. It has a nice add-on feature that allows you to upload candidate’s profiles directly from Linkedin using “PCR Capture”. It automatically captures the candidates employment history, as well as their location, picture, education and email address/phone number if available. I also like that you can email a candidate or hiring manager directly through PCRecruiter. If you’re on the candidate’s page and you’ve linked them to an existing position, you can go to the tab labeled “interviews” and send the candidate and hiring team a confirmation email. You are also able to save email templates through PCRecruiter.

Cons

I can’t think of many cons for this ATS. When I first started using the system, I found the interface to be a little date, but last month they redesigned the UX and I find it to be much more visually appealing.

Thanks so much for your review of PCR, Helen! We're glad you like the new UX updates... these are just the beginning of a very exciting round of changes we're looking forward to sharing with you!

A fully functional user friendly system!

One of the biggest challenges for people like myself in the staffing industry is how to effectively leverage all of the technology available to optimize the staffing workflow. With the integration PCR has with Outlook and LinkedIn I am able to have an operationally efficient workflow that saves me time and positions me for success!

Pros

PCRecruiter is very easy to navigate and the integration with Outlook and LinkedIn is excellent. In addition to the system working very well with Outlook and LinkedIn, it has a great mobile interface that makes navigating the system on the go a great option.

Cons

I don't have any cons as I feel that PCR is one of the best systems available at a very affordable price point.

Thank you for reviewing PCR, John! it's wonderful to hear that PCR is meeting all of your needs so well.

Highly Functional, very adaptable and great customer support.

Pros

I am the IT and Business Consultant to a medium sized Recruiter / Placement Business that specializes in a niche market across USA. We have used the web based version of PCRecruiter for 8 years since 2008. As a medium sized business we did not want to fund a custom built program but needed the flexibility to be able to adapt the system in a similar fashion to having our own purpose built system...

Cons

I don't really have a dislike about the product or vendor. You usually only have dislikes when the service and product are not up to scratch.

Best Database on the market

PCR Capture increased our database input with good information and saved us time of having to copy and paste or type records.

Pros

PCRecruiter is user friendly. I like how each user can setup the records to flow with the information they need to view most.

Cons

I would like to be able to download metrics report based on what information the users input. At this time, I can only get a viewable report of a total number on information input.

Thanks so much for the review, Kathryn! We actually just added a CSV Export for the Metrics report in our release this week. Check with our support team if you need any assistance!

Good - Depending on What You Need in a Recruitment Software

Overall PCRecruiter is good for managing and organizing data and searching for existing candidates. Search function has much to improve as well as the coding.

Pros

Roll-Ups are easy to manage and organize candidates. Adding new jobs into the system. Easy to input data in an organized format in candidate files

Cons

Search function. You can only search existing candidates that have been registered with our agency. If a candidate applied for your job from another platform (ie: Indeed), you will not be able to search for them in PCR even though their resume was parsed into the system. Need to search in each open job to see new candidates. Lots of candidates also get lost if they are not coded correctly (ie: under the right job title, software skill).

Hi Rebecca, All candidates that are stored in the PCRecruiter database (even those pushed into the system via Indeed) should be searchable by any words or phrases in their resume or by the fields in their contact info. If you're discovering records that can't be found in a search, it may be an indexing issue on the database. Get in touch with our support team and they'll get it sorted out for you. It's true, however, that coding for your own particular search requirements can help - if the candidate's resume doesn't include the phrase you're looking for, the search engine will not return that record.

Powerful Recruiting Software, responsive developers

I used PCRecruiter as an employee and then when I started my own company I chose them based on my experience and happiness with the database. I didn't even shop other options as I knew what this could do and wouldn't have any learning curve.

Pros

already had good powerful recruiting tools before they started actively asking for suggestions. They put in a request and suggestions forum and actually listen & prioritize the changes/improvements that we users have asked for. Not 100% of them, but many of them. Their tech support is super responsive and helps with individual problems. Very customizable for how you want to have it work with you and what you want it to show you.

Cons

It's got a LOT of bells and whistles I don't need, but it makes it useful for bigger recruiting organizations with more complex needs than I have as a small recruiting firm. I do wish some of the tasks were a little easier to accomplish with fewer clicks. Once data is in PCR it's harder to manipulate it than if it was , say, in an Excel spreadsheet. I do miss that type of flexibility.

Overall very good ATS.

Very good, they are getting better everyday. Great Staff, Trainers are improving since we first implemented. First rate organization. Would Highly recommend.

Pros

Excellent customer service, powerful back end, never crashes, interface isn't pretty but does the job. Works well with MS Outlook for email. Keeps track of everything, open API

Cons

Reports, too many, not as easy to customize.

Thanks so much for the review, Chris! We think you'll be happy with the interface and workflow improvements coming throughout the year as well!

PCR got better and better the deeper we got into it.

Our ability to enter, track, contact, and reuse contacts and information has soared. I was very happy with my previous ATS, but they were bought and put on a slow death diet. I am glad we moved to PCR. I wish we had done it earlier. Another thing I like is that PCR is not constantly raising our rates and creating add-ons we have to purchase.

Pros

The integration with Outlook, RingCentral, Monster, CareerBuilder and other outside providers speeds up my pace a lot. The PCR Capture piece makes my researchers much more efficient. They can focus on finding people, instead of wasting time typing in their information.

Cons

We started out using a quarter of the functionality. Then I turned my technology guy loose. Wow! Now our tracking, sharing, and efficiency has more than doubled. We've run the numbers.

Thank you for your review, Bryan! It's great to hear that PCR has been making things easier at AGI!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.