PCRecruiter Reviews

4.27/5 (223 reviews)

Scott Bradford

Overall solid ATS with straightforward UI and plenty of customization options for better efficiency

Reviewed 2017-08-17

-Ability to customize name, company, and position record layouts to optimize work flow -Ability to show/hide all menu options and arrange as needed -Built in email client (PCRMail) integrates directly with database, so all correspondence is recorded automatically under the record's activities. Can easily move from email to client's record in database -Can configure multiple email aliases for each user and assign custom SMTP settings to each respective alias (useful for dividing marketing and transactional emails between separate ESP's) -Live Chat support allows for much quicker response times to issues and support staff is great to work with

Scott Rivers

The Alternative Solution That Provides Amazing Flexibility At A Great Price

Reviewed 2016-11-30

I have used PCRecruiter for over 10 years now. The product takes some time to learn, but once you invest the time to learn it's functions, it provides an amazing solution for the recruiting function. I have used this product in three different companies and implemented it with two clients at the corporate HR level. Because of its flexibility, PCRecruiter can be just about anything you need it to be... and MORE. The training department and technical support have always been able to get me and my team back on track when we have had issues. Up time is extremely important to us and our clients, and PCRecruiter has never failed us. I can think of only one time in the past 10 years where we have had a system failure that lasted about two hours. The product is very reliable. You need to spend the time necessary to learn the product. It's not necessarily a con, but more an investment. You will get as much out of this product as you put in. Spend the time with the training department and implementation team to explain exactly what you are trying to do and they can make it happen. Another option is to ask them for best practices... either way, if you are willing to learn how to use the product, it will pay off tremendously. Pros: Flexibility, East of Use, Cost, reliability, up-time, customer support, technical support, innovation, connectivity Cons: None as long as you are willing to learn the products capabilities and spend the time necessary to set it up correct the first time. Pros: Flexibility, East of Use, Cost, reliability, up-time, customer support, technical support, innovation, connectivity

Don Graves

An Essential Workforce/Recruiting Software Tool

Reviewed 2016-11-28

Our agency has been working with the PCRecruiter software since 2011 when we adapted it to our use for job placement services in the public workforce system. We started our on a totally paper-driven filing system. With our focus of helping prepare job seekers for the interview process and recruiting for employers to fill their job orders, we needed a software tool that could provide the recruiting tools but also an electronic file management system to track data on the job seekers and their activity. PCRecruiter provided all of that and then some with a little help from the MainSequence software development team. Since our use extended beyond the basic focus of the system it took a fair amount of customizing profiles, activities, reports, and related to get it right to where we needed the software to be. Fortunately PCR allows for this. You can customize a large portion of the software to meet your individual needs. The support techs were very helpful in creating our first evolution and we have continued to refine our database since that time. I think I've only stumped the techs once or twice but they eventually uncovered the solution to my issue/question. Once we pioneered the system for our workforce needs, several other partner agencies and employers also picked up on this great tool and began using it when they saw how effective it was with data management. The speed at which we can pull demographic data and get a snapshot of current recruiting patterns is great. Yes, the costs associated can be tough depending on your number of users but this is true for any of the top recruiting/electronic file management systems. It takes a little getting used to at first, especially some of the Admin functions, but once you have the basics down the software becomes very intuitive. Rarely have we found something that we could not get the software to do. Overall, an essential workforce/recruiting software tool to help efficiently maintain information.Flexible and can be customized to fit user needs. Many options. Internet based so can be accessed from anywhere.

John Harris

My best and most critical resource for recruiting success!

Reviewed 2015-07-28
Review Source: Software Advice

PC Recruiter is, hands down, the best recruiting CRM software I have found on the market. Its functionality is way beyond any of its competitors. As a CRM consultant, I have high expectations for CRM software, and this program has exceeded them. In fact, I found that there were a whole lot more resources than I had anticipated: easy-to-use plugins for Outlook and Chrome, extensive options to communicate with clients and candidates, and a robust database that is able to take all the information I need, put it where it is easily accessible, and then be able to get a comprehensive "picture" of what I need to know. I have used other programs and the general attitude of the other vendors is something like this: "Here's what it is . . . here's how it works . . . it's up to you to figure out how you can make this work for your business." Using spreadsheets and Outlook was more efficient than what they offered - which is what I had to use in the past with certain software programs. When it comes to PCRecruiter, it's as if they asked me what I needed and then built a great program . . . and then asked me what my "dream" software would include . . . and then they met and exceeded my expectations. The salesperson asked me a lot of questions and then made sure the software and my eventual training addressed my needs, rather than talking at me about its capabilities. After trying the "best" programs and, frankly, finding no comparison to PCRecruiter, I don't want any of my competition to use it - I like having a clear advantage.

Mark Nadel

Highly Functional, very adaptable and great customer support.

Reviewed 2016-04-08
Review Source: Software Advice

I am the IT and Business Consultant to a medium sized Recruiter / Placement Business that specializes in a niche market across USA. We have used the web based version of PCRecruiter for 8 years since 2008. As a medium sized business we did not want to fund a custom built program but needed the flexibility to be able to adapt the system in a similar fashion to having our own purpose built system and internal developers. I first evaluated PCRecruiter (PCR) against several competing products in mid 2008 and found it to be the most versatile for our purpose. The only program of it's type that delivered everything we needed, plus expansion possibilities, was PCRecruiter. Periodically I conduct a similar review for the business and have yet to find a system that offers an advantage over PCRecruiter. In the 8 years since we started using PCRecruiter we have expanded the system with several customized modules which have been possible within the system due to it's flexible architecture. Finally I would like to make special mention of the customer support which has proven to be second to none.

David Bruce

The recruiter's companion!

Reviewed 2016-11-16

I've used Main Sequence's PCR for many years and it is truly the recruiter's companion. Do you think you have what it takes to bill a million plus? You might, yet not without the right tracking software. I should know because I've billed many millions using this system and this is the system that made it possible. High billing activity takes a system that is easy to use, scale-able to large volumes of activity yet useful for part timers, saves time, performs solidly, and has the backing of a knowledgeable support team. I've explored the options and nothing compares. Easy to use, reliable, scale-able, customizing options galore, can be conformed to fit your style, and is easy to use 'on the fly'. For beginners and advanced users, there is excellent training available. If you're stumped on an issue there is excellent LIVE support available. And these are knowledgeable support people who understand our business.

Manny del Valle

Outstanding value and the features are world class.

Reviewed 2018-07-25

I have used the biggest and most popular ATS systems in over 10 years as a corporate recruiter in Fortune 500 environments. Now that I am an independent headhunter, I am amazed at how much value and features you can get out of a smaller ATS like PCRecruiter. Some of these include being able to upload information and profile pictures in a few quick steps. The most amazing thing about PCR is the tech support. You can call and get an immediate resolution to almost any issue. If it can't be resolved right away they make a point to get it done in the matter of hours, not days and weeks. Lastly, the price is right!

Rik Yerzik

I have been working with PCRecruiter since 2003

Reviewed 2018-03-05

I like the integration and all the features, from recruiting, database, sales, the ability to manage and drive the whole process in one place that makes it very useful to upload information and communicate and track all processes from the client to the applicant, recruiting, sales and it is flexible to be able to support any discipline or industry.

Greg Sax

Very happy with PCRecruiter

Reviewed 2018-10-24

Overall, very good. Initial time setting everything off pays off in great time-saving later for the team.Usability - the automation of the system is great. Spend the time setting things up and you won't regret it. Move the candidates through the process (Drag and drop) and relevant messages are sent out. Outlook connector is a great integration for communication tracking. Support are very responsive.

James Cairns

Big improvement from previous version but . . .

Reviewed 2017-08-17

It's a time saver, helps me stay organized, and ultimately helps me put together more deals! It is also affordable and priced correctly. Everything about it is a time saver designed so that you don't have to go back and forth from PCR to LinkedIn, which is fantastic. Huge improvement overall but . . .

Gregory Bell

A great less expensive option for high volume recruiting

Reviewed 2018-04-13
Review Source: Software Advice

Setting up a system like this is always difficult. We found that, with the exception of some custom forms that weren't completed to spec, this system was easy to setup and nice to use. Once PCRecruiter is setup, it is easy to use. It has many great features, like a memory of what you accessed last, so you don't have to remember which candidates you were working with. If you use the integration with Outlook, most recruiters won't have to use a separate browser. The ability to write custom SQL queries and the smart merge capability of the import process are also very nice.

Anonymous

It's What We Needed!

Reviewed 2018-10-30

Coming from a Resumate program (cue prehistoric dinosaur sounds), this is SO much better than what we were using. There are some problems, and online documentation is definitely NOT as good as it could be. That said, we've really enjoyed using PCRecruiter, and have had good customer service from Sales and some of the other customer service people. Probably the best feature for me is that it can be customized/modified for ease of use. I'm sure not two companies work exactly the same way, and the database(s) are modifiable so that you may capture important information overall and metrics that are important to YOU.

Guion Stewart-Moore

A Recruiter's Best Friend

Reviewed 2018-11-12

We had an old database/recruiting software that was not cloud base. Having cloud based software has made much easier use for our user. PC Recruiter has bee very responsive to our needs and also quick in response time when having a problem or question.Ramp up time on use is very user friendly. Training provided was excellent for onboarding Ease of looking up in "Help" Response time from PC Recruiter on help is excellent Willingness to work diligently with us on a large Data conversion Good product value for costs

Richard Reid

PC Recruiter is a valued partner

Reviewed 2017-02-24
Review Source: Software Advice

My organization is an RPO company in which we engage multiple clients. In most of these engagements, we bring an ATS solution. We use PC Recruiter as our primary system. We have worked with the team from PC Recruiter for almost a year now and have had great success with their ATS. Overall we are very satisfied with the functionality and features of the system. The greatest "Pro" that I can point to is the team at PC Recruiter. They have been extremely responsive to our needs and have been there every step of the way as we configure and deliver their system. They have also been very willing to receive feedback and develop upgrades that have been "game changers" for the way we work. The Customer Service team is fantastic. Very knowledgeable and timely in their responses.

Mario DeCarolis

I've been using PCR since 2000

Reviewed 2017-10-25

I live on PCR. It's my job. Don't know what I would do with out it.Customizeability (Is that a word)? You can customize the software pretty easily. For instance I have a field where I can tag someone a "walking placement". Then I can search a city for all of those that I tagged with that term. There is so much you can do.

Anonymous

Best Recruiting Software

Reviewed 2018-04-11

It is a huge timesaver and is very intuitive.There are so many features it's hard to pick a few. Being able to add directly from LinkedIn including the picture is a life saver. I use Ring Central and being able to see the caller and the profile open automatically saves time and embarrassment of not knowing the person that is calling. Also, the tech support people are more helpful than any other team I've seen.

Julian Rives

PCRecruiter Review

Reviewed 2018-10-23

We are able to track almost everything in our recruiting process. We would like more information on what we can leverage or best practicies that other offices use to leverage PCR.customization of the database is excellent

Anna Smietana

Awesome Centralized Database

Reviewed 2016-12-22

Main Sequence is an excellent partner, we have customized our system and have several databases firewalled off. This is an awesome system for a small to medium size organization that is growing. We've had the pleasure of expanding our organization and were able to do so easily in PCRecruiter!ease of use, customizable

Urvashi Mehta

PCR makes it easy

Reviewed 2014-09-17
Review Source: Software Advice

The most interesting thing is that it's not very cluttered with lots of information and choices. There are few things that are laid down as given but are helpful in making it more easy to comprehend. It is well-integrated with our website and makes data integration smooth. Finding the source of information is clearly demarcated.

Michael Croskrey

Great product with full support!

Reviewed 2016-12-08

We are a small staffing company that has been using PCRecruiter for nearly 7 years. They are very responsive to our needs. Whenever we need to make changes or have something fixed, the PCR team has been right on top of things. They even go above and beyond our requests. This is a great product with the support that exceeds what we are used to.Amazing support willing to jump right on fixing any issues. Responsive to requests. Website job portal sync's great. Good customization interface. Large selection of search options.

Kirk Sears ✔ Executive Placement Strategies

Outstanding program for Executive Search and Staffing

Reviewed 2018-10-26

My experience with PCRecruiter is exceptional. I couldn't run my business without it.I've evaluated multiple recruiting platforms and PCR is by far the best in regards to functionality, extensive customization tools, compatibility with telephony, digital campaigns, analytics, and uptime.

James Glasser

PCRecruiter Is Awesomely Flexible

Reviewed 2016-11-19

PCRecruiter lets me easily configure the system to the way I think and work, without having to worry about functionality or programming. Setting up form letters and agreements to populate candidate/client specifics, save preparation time and enable fast, accurate action.Layouts setup exactly how and where I want see the information helps productivity. Entering candidate resumes and personal data is highly automated. Individual users can set it up the way they want to create a workflow that makes the most sense for them.

Lara Leahey

it's is not personalizable and not easy to use compared to other software.

Reviewed 2018-05-08

It is basic and lower in price but you get what you pay for. There are no options to personalize or change anything.

Ed Gerek

Recently implemented the newest PCR responsive job board for a global environment.

Reviewed 2017-09-29

It really serves all our needs, and then some. Most internal HR departments fail on the Candidate experience and on being disciplined in consistently applying recruitment processes. PCR allows you to focus less on the tool (its intuitive and reliable) and more on the recruitment processes..... which is where the true value is.Simplicity . Very intuitive software which our internal HR team has easily adopted. Reliability. No downtime in my experience. Customer Service. Best customer service interactions I have experienced on so many levels.

Manny del Valle

PCRecruiter is a Timesaver

Reviewed 2017-10-10
Review Source: Software Advice

PCRecruiter has more useful features, such as the LinkedIn parsing feature with pics, than enterprise versions of large ATS products like Taleo. You can keep all your business in one place, including contractors. Interfaces with Quickbooks, but not the online version.Support team-can make changes or additions to software fairly quickly; customizable; parses from LinkedIn, including picture; cloud-based; can do everything.