Humanity Reviews

4.32/5 (257 reviews)

Kyle Culpepper

Scheduling Made Simple!

Reviewed 2016-07-12

ShiftPlanning has been used at our facility for one year now. We are a college campus environment. Thus, scheduling for student workers can be a great challenge due to their dropping and adding classes and potential to working multiple part-time jobs, and of course, due to the differing course load, each student takes on. In the past, we used excel in combination with a learning management system to communicate and maintain student worker scheduling. I am the scheduler for student workers in our area. We have around 8-10 student workers, give or take which part of the year we are scheduling for. We schedule our shifts in a non-linear method. We like the availability feature that ShiftPlanning has. It is a static "when I am not available" table that you or your workers can fill out. At this point I supply entries into these availability tables based on student class schedules and external employment. We do this to prevent students from falsifying availability. ShiftPlannning has a pre-generate schedule wizarding system. This allows managers to schedule weeks, or months ahead of time, based on their current availability. If you are a manager for a college campus, then you may want to consider only doing this once a month for summers, and once a semester for spring and fall. You will be changing availability frequently during the beginning of each semester, almost all summer, and also during finals week. Duplicating the schedule for each week is as easy as two or three button taps on your mouse. Once a schedule is more concrete then this is super easy. During the high volatile periods mentioned above, we highly recommend not scheduling ahead of time. Just do one or two weeks worth of scheduling and make sure to communicate to everyone that the schedule will have a high degree of change. We have also enjoyed the use of the ping feature and other notifications to communicate to students when they should be at work.

Roy Kuraoka

Low-Hassle Shift-Planning

Reviewed 2019-04-26

Overall, Humanity is an effective way to organize employee scheduling. It is extremely easy to pick up and use, and it allows employees to have a greater freedom over their shifts through the ability to trade. Although this process is complicated at first, it definitely gets easier as you use it. The reminders are useful, and help with timeliness for shifts.

Alison Smith

this program saved my business

Reviewed 2016-07-31

We spent so much time just getting schedules done and then something would happen - some one is sick or their grandmother died - Then there was all the communication getting employees with the right skills to cover the shift -. I went looking for a scheduling software and got so much more. We use the dashboard and email features every day to keep staff aware of changes. Our business depends on everybody knowing 100s of ever changing details. We use the email and training functions to keep the staff current with policy changes, to learn new systems and to refresh knowledge when things seem to be slacking. Being able to send emails to specific groups let us communicate sensitive information securely to those who need to know. I recommend this to everyone I know who has to manage any size business.

Kevin Ogden

Time Saver

Reviewed 2018-12-18

I manage a work study staff of 30+ students at a small college. Their work study job is not their first priority so availability, priorities, and their schedules are always changing. It's really nice to have a software to manage much of the administrative side of things. I upload the availability, spend an initial investment creating the schedule. If I have done my job correctly things pretty much run themselves throughout the rest of the semester.

Easy Shift Planning and Scheduling

Reviewed 2019-04-10

I enjoy using Humanity. It makes scheduling and planning very simple due to their great user interface. I can quickly check any upcoming shifts, and plan accordingly. I would recommend this shift planning service to anyone who needs one.

Janice Deckers

ShiftPlanning

Reviewed 2016-09-14

While ShiftPlanning is a great product, with most of the features I need, it was a bit confusing as to which settings to use and how to set them up. I am tech-savvy and it took about a month to understand the steps to get to a certain result. Tech Support was invaluable with their quick response and help. I use it 100% now, and wonder now how we got along without it. Such a timesaver!

Anonymous

Nothing we've tried is more visually helpful in staffing a 24/7 operation than Humanity.

Reviewed 2017-12-14

The visual design of ShiftPlanning and its filters do a LOT to help us staff 3 floors of distinctly different functions, all of which have different staffing needs. It also gives us a huge advantage in working ahead on the schedule and tools for averting scheduling 'crises'.

Anonymous

Good, User friendly program with Excellent support!

Reviewed 2018-12-06

As User and not an Administrator, I would say that what I like best about this software is that it is user friendly. It makes picking up shifts for my job easy. And I like that I get notifications when there is availability. When I schedule myself a for a shift and I have had to drop a shift when something comes up or I accidentially pick a shift that I cannot work. I can immediately notify my supervisors, and it will make the shift available to others to pick up. I love that management can communicate with us and tell us what is going on. We can share and download files. This is the perfect program for the company that I currently am working with.

Anonymous

Using trial version of ShiftPlanning and am very impressed

Reviewed 2016-07-05

I am the Help Desk Manager of five employees at Monongahela Valley Hospital. My employees are on a shift rotation. Things become complicated if someone goes on leave or on vacation. ShiftPlanning was able to import my current schedule from an Excel document. This took a short time and imported most of it successfully. What it didn't import successfully, they were able to correct after fixing the format it was in. The support is great (I use mostly chat). Their chat support is fantastic. If you do not respond in a certain time frame, they email you with updates to your question/problem. I have dealt with other chat support where if you don't respond in a certain time frame, the chat is closed and you have to start over. This is where ShiftPlanning's support outranks most company's.

edward vidales

Great collective scheduling software

Reviewed 2019-01-15

GREAT PRODUCT! I would recommend this to anyone who is short on time for scheduling. With text message and email communication, by just posting open shifts the schedule almost gets written by its self!

David Therault

The most ideal service I've found for companies working with contractors rather than employees

Reviewed 2017-04-17

We have been using Humanity to run the work assignments for a video production business for two years. In that time the service uptime has been flawless. I have never had a time where the service did not perform or was down. Phone support is the best that I have every encountered. Not only are calls answered quickly but the techs have deep knowledge and have been able to resolve issues in a matter of minutes, allowing me to stay on scheduling tasks. *** We don't have many employees but use a lot of contractors, who don't get paid by the hour or salary. Humanity accommodates this through it's sophisticated "Work Units" feature. We assign work unit value for each job or task, allowing robust accounting for this type of relationship. My contractors like the interface and importantly, say that it makes it's notification system helpful as well. As a result, lates and failure to reports are now almost non-existent.

Shoaib Shabbir

One of the best solutions i have come across

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-06-18

The customer service is unreal. I've had multiple calls arranged and any time i had a query they were always got back to me with an answer or solution with lightning speed. For an organization where employees don't work in shifts, Humanity doesn't tend to offer alot compared to other products out there, but it shines best when it comes to Shift planning and scheduling. In our company we don't tend to do shifts, that was the reason we opted for a product like CakeHR, but overall i was very pleased with their product and all the benefits you get from leave management to attendance tracking. Also their indept reporting system is very elaborate!

Anonymous

Works exactly how a shift planning software should!

Reviewed 2019-04-03

Humanity is awesome! It makes scheduling so easy. You can add employees availability, write shifts with built in breaks, and so much more. It's very user friendly and really easy to learn. Humanity also keeps track of historical data and has helpful reports to use in forecasting and budgeting.

Nicole Dugan

Quick access to company time clock

Reviewed 2019-07-17

Humanity is what my company uses to clock in and out and track schedules for all employees, it eliminates the issues around keeping tracking of time with our traditional digital time clock, it also is very easy to request time off, keep track when other employees call out, and their mobile app makes remote workdays a breeze.

Maureen Dominguez

Excellent Scheduling software!

Reviewed 2016-12-15

We were looking for a software that would handle scheduling, shift trades and hold our staff accountable for showing up on time to each shift and more. This software has exceeded our expectations and we fully enjoy using it. The staff is able to upload their photos so other staff can put a face to a name, set their own availabilities, release shifts, see who is clocked in, add their personalized notifications and run reports for timecard and schedules. It is very user-friendly and easy to learn. This software has solved a lot of the problems we used to experience in the past. If ever there is an issue a staff member is readily available to answer our questions. We often get personalized phone calls or emails and chats just to see how the software is doing. They are always improving the software and updating to make even more powerful and user-friendly. It did not take long for us and our staff to start learning how to use it.

Joseph Greaney

Employee Scheduling Software For Cloud Based

Reviewed 2018-08-19

Overall it does the minimum we need it to as far as recording our employees time clock but the setup is too difficult for our admins and can provide misleading information.

Seth Whalen

Overall, it has served us well for scheduling daily staff and providing them the details.

Reviewed 2018-04-17

Saving time in scheduling and repetitive details. Also, being able to send our clients the schedule via a PDF has been great!

Mark Wilson

Features & Services

Reviewed 2019-03-23

The ease of access for the different features. Also, the information is displayed in a user-friendly manner.

Anonymous

Overall decent but lacks robust tools for WFM

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-08-01

the UI is simple and clean with appealing and customizable colors, etc. user profiles are also clean & tidy without completely superfluous fields. they have a payroll estimate tool which we never used but i'm sure it's handy. adding or deleting shifts is very straightforward though at times, buggy. customizable views and filters make it easy to gain info at a glance - either week views or month views. there's all the basics like shift trades, clocking in & out, grabbing open shifts, setting recurring schedules, etc. reporting capabilities are again all the basics but not the most robust.

Anonymous

Humanity is great for corporations with a high volume of employees.

Reviewed 2018-05-30

Easy access and clear communication when inquiring about my schedule

Rebecca Adae

Humanity.com review

Reviewed 2017-04-20

It's better than the older Shiftplanning, particularly the functionality of the mobile app, but otherwise still quite clunky. It would be a better product for me if it could register in a report all employee shift releases so as to track how often which employees are doing this. It would also be best if it could integrate with Team Dynamics, an ITSM product we have adopted for the Computer Services Department at the State University of New York at New Paltz. The lack of integration may be a deal breaker during the coming academic year (Fall 2017 - Spring 2018).

Sam Hand

Humanity is a TIME SAVER!

Reviewed 2017-04-15

Love this scheduling and communication system. It is easy to use, works really great for our museum. Our staff are mostly college students so having a cloud based system that allows them to swap shifts due to last minute events, exams or study groups, without having to put in requests to management is a benefit that they really like. I recommend it to all nonprofits that are looking for a quick way to schedule staff and an easy way to track and produce reports on the hours/shifts/staffing for all the different types of events and programs your group may run.

Anonymous

Humanity is great for scheduling across multiple teams

Reviewed 2019-04-26

Been using Humanity for over 4 years, since when it was Shiftplanning and it's been exteremely beneficial to tracking Leave and Sick days. Our larger HR program only manages PTO but does not have visibility across teams to see who else is off, so Humanity's calendar allows all of our teams to see who else is off before requesting time off, so that we ensure we have sufficient coverage for our phone operations. The ability to easily manually enter or approve time off requests, create and publish schedules is fantastic. Highly recommended!

Jessica Harvey

Overall good software

Reviewed 2017-04-17

Humanity is good software for scheduling and providing a central location for staff to view their schedule and submit leave requests. Since we joined, a few new features have helped us out such as the partial time off requests, etc. I have a few issues with the software, such as when a staff member leaves, it is a very manual process to remove them from future shifts. I have yet to find a good way of doing this and end up going through the next 6 months manually. As for vacation, our staff accrue time off, and this feature is not supported, therefore our time off requests are very manual too. I see how this is good for companies who are constantly changing staff and shifts, however for us, we use a lot of workarounds as our schedule is pretty set. It would be good to be able to add shift patterns to staff availability.

Jamie Adair

So easy to use!

Reviewed 2019-08-15

Humanity has a very clean and simple user interface that makes it super easy to use. After using other apps to try mobile clock-ins, Humanity is definitely the best option out there that I've tried. They recently added options for push, email and sms notifications which were a much needed feature.

Dana Bonin

As a manager with many employees, schedules and work areas, this program has been life changing!

Reviewed 2017-08-05

Prior to Humanity, our schedule was managed via email and Microsoft calendars. It was nearly impossible to appropriately approve vacation requests and get overtime shifts covered. After implementing Humanity the amount of stress that was eliminated was absolutely life changing!

Ashlee Cervantes

Humanity is a terrific value!

Reviewed 2017-04-14

Overall Humanity offers the best "bang for your buck". I've researched all the competition and they far exceed others in the market. There is still room for improved and enhanced functionality, I have hope they will dominate in the next few years.

Michael White

I have used this product for some time now and finds it ease of use outstanding

Reviewed 2018-01-10

The ability to navigate and adjust changes on the fly through the mobile platform. The alert set up for employees.

Jeff Gibson

Works good - has a few issues which I have reported on several occasions but would require updates.

Reviewed 2017-05-05

Providers can see all of their schedules in one place - I do over a hundred. They can sync with some third party calendar programs and check on their smartphones. The software is not geared toward the healthcare industry, however. MD's work more than 1 position at a time. These should not conflict. Yet conflicts should show if they're mistakenly scheduled for a clinic at another location or for a meeting when they need to be in the clinic. This is a problem.

Josh Arnold

Good for Shifts

Reviewed 2018-10-15

I've used Humanity (Shiftplanning) just for clocking-in and clocking-out each day. It's not very easy to edit mistaken entries, and even more difficult to figure out what the icons mean, and what effect they'll have on my time entries. This is pretty important to have right, since this is how I (and presumably anyone who uses this software) gets paid.

Richard Ordway

Make Today's date a stronger yellow color

Reviewed 2017-04-15

When my staff or I am tired, we confuse this week with next week because the yellow color marking today's date is too weak a yellow color. Today's date needs to be a stronger yellow color so we notice it. I took a master's course in human factors in design from a current NTSB investigator. The course stressed that schedules, etc must take human factors into consideration. However, otherwise, Shiftplanning is a great tool. Just please stop your employees with egos from constantly changing Shiftplanning to look more "elegant." That is stupid management at the top. Confusing icons without visible descriptions have been added as well compared to the original version.

Anonymous

Great tool, somewhat hard to navigate

Reviewed 2018-05-01

It allows me to see my colleague's schedules and record time off, etc. It was re-designed a few months ago and is now more visually pleasing.

Jaccobb Romero

Couldn't live without it!

Reviewed 2017-04-24

We've been a long time user of Shiftplanning, and have been eagerly awaiting Humanity for quite some time. The only problem with ease of use that we're having is that some things aren't where they used to be, so we find ourselves going on a biblical quest (seek and ye shall find). However, that being said, the customer support is unmatched in any system that we use. As to the features and functionality, we've been awaiting some features that are still yet to roll out. We were also waiting for some features that may not even come to pass, such as the ability to share employees between locations (as the beta humanity version showed) without the need of creating new email address and having that employee being put into multiple locations and of course paying for that user access multiple times. All in all, I would (and have) suggest Humanity to anyone seeking an employment shift solution.

Kendra Strode

Good for traditional schedules, difficult for educational schedules

Reviewed 2017-04-18

I work with Humanity (mwahahah!) to schedule 50-60 students at our two helpdesk locations. Our schedule matches our academic classes so our shifts often start at 5 and 10 minutes after the hour. Currently you can only schedule in 15-minute increments which means approving timesheets is a NIGHTMARE! Generally Humanity lets us do what we absolutely need to do - it is pretty intuitive for our techs, allows them to manage their own shift trades, we can reproduce repeating schedules, and assign tasks to shifts - all at a reasonable price point so it's a decent value. But the support for trying to suggest the smaller time increments has been a bit... scattered, including techs linking to an unrelated feature request (not my already-submitted year-old request) to show me how to submit a feature request. Hopefully the idea will get traction (it's been suggested with some regularity since 2013) and will get fixed (our client support coordinator seems to be advocating for us now which is awesome). In the meantime hopefully these notes provide context for the ratings provided above!

Geneviève Bouchard

Good app but

Reviewed 2019-01-29

From a IT standpoint, Humanity is good scheduling app. It has a few issues from time to time, for overall satisfied with the application.

Nathaniel Cady

The easier way to manage shifts

Reviewed 2019-01-08

Overall humanity helped to organize employees, create a simpler way to communicate, and remove the burden of shift planning.

Mauro Alejandro Jimenez Medina

The camera bug on Humanity

Reviewed 2019-03-26

The Shiftplanning view is the most powerful feature for productivity for reviewing your schedule and shifts at work.

David MacLean

IFAP Humanity Review

Reviewed 2017-04-18

IFAP has been using the system for several years, now. It has been excallent for our 40+ staff to edit their availability, check out the shifts they are rostered on for and make changes themselves. The smart phone app is very handy

Humanity Review

Reviewed 2019-01-06

Overall I would recommend this software for a small to a mid size organization. It is functional, however there are much better products available....for a price.

Derek Peris

Wow, what a difference.

Reviewed 2016-09-01

Mt Baker Camp has been using this software (Shiftplanning) since the end of 2013. We use for managing all levels of staffing. We track hours worked, HUGE advantage in allowing employees & volunteers to see when they are scheduled multiple weeks ahead of time. At the end of the year it's easy to run reports to show how many total hours where contributed.

Joseph Perry

Life Changer

Reviewed 2017-04-15

Humanity has saved me so much time. I don't know what I would do without it. The Amion program is being pushed by my company's upper administration because it is cheaper. So, I hope I'm not forced to leave you guys because of money. I am trying to show them how easy your application is to use. I am hoping once they see that, others in the company will want to use Humanity for scheduling their providers and drop Amion. However, that's iffy. Do you guys have a corporate discount that would be a flat fee instead of a fee based on number of employees? Novant Health is the 31st largest healthcare system in America. If I could get them to use Humanity instead of Amion for scheduling all of the healthcare providers who do shift work, it would be a sizable amount.

Geeta Sharma

Employee Recording and Timelines analysis

Reviewed 2019-07-29

We would like Humanity to also capture when the particular system is not in use. So if their is no activity on the computer/laptop the user is performing Humanity should automatically go on break

Steve Brown

A great way to schedule staff

Reviewed 2017-02-24

We have been using Humanity and Shiftplaning for the last 3 years and love it. It has been easy to use, customizable to our complicated company needs and most importantly helpful to our staff. The ability for staff to update there availability on the fly and check there schedule via mobile has been huge. Its intuitive from the moment you start using it. Overall its been a wonderful program that we use everyday.

shift planning visibly stunning

Reviewed 2019-04-04

You can just pull this up and at a glance see everything you need. I can tell who is working and who is off and how long. And it has a great option to message people.

Malecia Bynum

Need Help Scheduling?

Reviewed 2018-12-01

I've used Humanity with Lyft and my current temp job and so far so good.

Dustin Lee

Humanity has been a great way for our company to keep everyone on the same page.

Reviewed 2017-10-16

Easy to use system for scheduling and time keeping.

Rachel Baird

Horrible system - leaving and never will return or provide any positive feedback to anyone!

Reviewed 2017-01-12

1. Horrible Customer Service, impossible to get anyone to train you or your staff on how the system works, and you NEVER respond to calls, took 3 months to get someone on the phone despite setting up times they were supposed to call us. 2. Horrible system with regards to availability and trading - provided all this feedback and it was put in a que of things to be done sometime in the next 10 years maybe? 3. Humanity was NOT an improvement, no changes other than visually how it looks 3.You are wasting your time on fixing stupid things like the 'colour' of shifts instead of actually taking your customers feedback and fixing these that are actually wrong with the system - once I actually talked to someone on the phone I proved him wrong about how your system works (he didn't even understand how trades worked) and I was able to convince him that your program is awful... still my list of feedback is on a long list of 'potential improvements' 4. So many better programs out there - maybe check out your competition for some good examples

Genevieve Guerin

Gives managers like myself more time to do more productive work.

Reviewed 2016-12-02

ShiftPlanning has been great for us as a company. We moved from spreadsheets to ShiftPlanning and it helped us manage our schedules better. It gave us a better view of our operations as a whole and helped see where we needed to make adjustments quicker. The self-service for employees is great as this gets them to be a part of the work of scheduling by submitting their availability and day off requests. It definitely keeps us more organized. It is very efficient to use and gives managers like myself more time to spend on other big impact projects!

Christian Ridings

Managers Review after using Humanity for about a year

Reviewed 2017-04-17

Overall it's been great. I would like to see improvements to the scheduling software. Specifically, I want to schedule exact times instead of 15 min increments. I would also like to be able to utilize the notification software outside of the shift reminders to send all my staff emails or texts with a specific message. Outside of these 2 things I am very happy with the performance of your software.

jim giffhorn

WE have multiple crews on different job sites so this software helps us to keep track them

Reviewed 2017-06-20

Without this software we would probably have to use a large table and a map with 20 figurines to track up to 6 crews working on jobs all over the country. Each day (or sometimes hour) when I get a call asking for a date to change or the project scope to increase or decrease we would have to dump the table over and start again.

Jason Diffendall

Great Tool, was very good when I started using it 2 years ago, has only gotten better

Reviewed 2017-04-17

I've been using Humanity for over 2 years, and can't imagine staffing without it. Very useful tool that I've recommended it to several people.

Regus fillmore

Shiftplanning Review

Reviewed 2017-10-03
Review Source: Software Advice

Easy to keep track of employees shifts. Can list hundreds of different projects and hundreds of employees with many variables on how you can view this information. Keeps you really well organized.

Geoff Lapp

"Oh, The Humanity!" :0D

Reviewed 2017-04-17

Our retail food business has saved much scheduling time and effort since adopting the Humanity platform in 2016. Not to mention the fact that our team has benefited greatly in communicating with one another through Humanity. These things considered, I would recommend the Humanity platform for any business in the market to upgrade their team's scheduling and communication practices. Thank you, Humanity Team!

Elizabeth Langlois

Great for scheduling!

Reviewed 2018-09-06

We use this for all our scheduling

Michelle Franzen

Good Scheduling Program

Reviewed 2018-07-10

Good program for companies where employees set their own schedules. Has message boards and notices section. Very comprehensive. Allows employees the ability to swap schedules and request vacation time.

Melanie Marier

Great tool for our transportation company

Reviewed 2017-04-19

I've been using Humanity (former ShiftPlanning) for over 2 years and I love how the software keeps evolving. It offers a planning and communication platform all employees, including non-office.

Chris Johansen

Great Product- but it comes at a price

Reviewed 2018-01-11

The interface for this software is great. It's extremely easy to use. They can confirm staff identities using facial and fingerprint recognition. They have rule based scheduling and unlimited locations. The software is extremely easy to use and very robust.

Love It

Reviewed 2018-11-15

I love Humanity. Very easy to use and figure out, especially when you’re new to it. It’s layout and set up is deceptively simple and feels fairly intuitive. Easy for employers and employees alike.

Rachel Angulo

LOVE HUMANITY!

Reviewed 2017-04-17

Excellent program! user friendly, employees don't like change but once they use it they love it! Employees like the text reminders. prevents no-shows. Efficient, calculates payroll. time saver, accurate. I love Humanity! user friendly

Brian Ayala

My experience is the web version works fantastic. The mobile version needs a lot of work.

Reviewed 2017-10-11

Sara NM

Humanity is great for keeping track of your time sheet.

Review Source: Software Advice

Humanity allows you to view multiple weeks at a time. You can also clock in or out for a shift remotely by accessing your location.

Céline PONCET

Easy to use and time saving

Reviewed 2017-05-03

Great user interface, messaging and notification between employees, iOs application for employees...

Sandra Levin

Perfect tool for what we needed

Reviewed 2017-04-20

We are a roller skating facility, after school club and party venue that has lots of part time employees, seasonal employees and most our folks work different positions within the company. Humanity allows us to schedule easily and approve time sheets so our accountants have an easy time keeping up with who works what position. We finally found a program that not only schedules but tallies the time sheets property and gives us a great overview of our payroll budget.

Pam Kimble

Not perfect, but it is meeting our needs.

Reviewed 2016-06-24

We're still learning all the features and working out the kinks. Overall, it seems to be going well.

Scott Calloway

It works for me!!!

Reviewed 2017-04-19

I have a small business that utilizes this software probably only to 5/18th's of its true capabilities, but I am happy with is as my needs are mostly simple ones. There are things that I wish were even easier, but that really would be upon me to learn the system better. I type with two fingers so go figure...

Mark Vasta

Shiftplanning is easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-08-17
Review Source: Software Advice

I like the ease of use of Shiftplanning - - it's easy to set-up an employee and to add them to a schedule.

skyler newark

Shiftplanning, 8/10

Reviewed 2017-10-03
Review Source: Software Advice

Shiftplanning is great for shift organization and personnel tracking. Our employees use it on a day to day basis.

Karen Williams

Saves time, frustration and money

Reviewed 2015-12-22

I researched several options and ShiftPlanning offered everything on my wish list for a price within my budget. All the pre-sale promises proved to be true once I began using ShiftPlanning. I reduced time spent scheduling by 75%. The employees praised the introduction of ShiftPlanning.

Gabriella Quintero

Great tool for creating team schedules!

Reviewed 2019-10-31

We use it to build schedules for our entire team and keep track of time cards

Mark Thompson

Service has been great! Having the customer service really makes this what it is.

Reviewed 2017-09-22

Easy for employees to see shifts and the reminders are huge. The reminders have definitely helped us reduce missed shifts.

Crystal Nino

The app is easy to use and serves its purpose of scheduling staff.

Reviewed 2017-05-16

I am able to track jobs, employee hours and budgeting information with this app.

Laura Dela Luna

Chief Operating Officer

Reviewed 2017-04-18

It's an awesome software. It helps a lot in forecasting, reporting weekly hours, and with payroll. i wish we could be more employees utilizing this software, for them it's not a user friendly. In fat we only have 10% user.

Jonathan Leal

Good software for time clock

Reviewed 2017-04-16

We really just use this to give our employees a way to clock in & out, and print their weekly hours reports, and it works very well for that. We don't use the scheduling or advanced options. The only thing I really would like to see different is a more customizable way to track vacation & sick time, for a pre-set bank that is customizable for each worker.

Christopher Bell

Great app!

Reviewed 2019-03-12

I’m a driver and Humanity is the app we use to clock in and out. It’s quick and simple to do and use and in my industry, time is money.

Melanie Nash

Sufficient scheduling tool

Reviewed 2018-05-11

It is easy to view the information needed. For example, the schedule can be viewed in multiple views so you can pick one to your liking

Donna Harsh

The App We've Chosen to use because it had the best features

Reviewed 2016-04-13

We schedule 12-16 people/day on our ambulances. If there is a special event, we are easily able to add that. SP keeps track of vacation days used as well as . I haven't integrated it into my payroll system . There are improvements we would like and it seems that changes we ask for take forever to implement. The vacation/time off system needs improved. Overall, SP does what we need it to and we continue to use it. There is live support online 24/7 or by email. They will help you from setup to any questions you have down the road.

Chad Pirog

It was extremely easy well-rounded and highly educational

Reviewed 2017-10-19
Review Source: Software Advice

I would recommend this to anybody keep up the good work!

Easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-08-22

Easy to use. I've used both the web and app version. For myself, it was just a one or two click process and I only needed the "clock in" feature, so efficient access is important.

Khristian Hart

Humanity is very user-friendly, making it easy to learn!

Reviewed 2018-01-05

I love the tabs at the top of the page -- makes it easy to navigate between dashboard, schedule, time clock, etc.

Anonymous

Humanity is simple and easy to use, though it does lack several features that similar products offer

Reviewed 2018-05-09

I like that it is simple and easy to use and that the app functions very similarly to the desktop version.

Janice Deckers

Humanity Shift and Employee management

Reviewed 2017-04-21

I think Humanity is a great tool for small to large companies. It sure helped us keep staff on track timewise and all. It can be sometimes confusing at first, but once you understand the logic and concept of the system, it flows. Tech Support is great, and always was able to get any issues corrected and/or corrected me in how I was doing steps.

Natalie Lee Kwai

Just a little thing

Reviewed 2017-04-14

The only thing I wish that could be changed is the words be in black on all blocks, white is hard to read

Moe Muslet

This is a must have

Reviewed 2018-04-17

It's easy to use and has a great app. You can schedule for multiple locations and multiple positions at the same time.

Tim Havenstrite

Your missing out if you are not using this

Reviewed 2016-07-13

The ease of this product is incredible!! Shiftplanning is the best online scheduler I have ever worked with. It eliminates sticky notes and has everyone's availability right in front of me when i sit down to do the weekly schedule. The 24 hour and hourly reminder make it virtually impossible for employees to miss a shift!!

Brittany Hilz

Works great on PC and mobile app

Reviewed 2018-11-19

Allows you to see yours and co workers schedule anywhere. Also, allows you to request time off anywhere.

stephanie perez

I absolutely love humanity! Wouldn't use another software for shift planning.

Reviewed 2017-10-10

It is so easy to use! Adding new employees is a breeze and uploading schedules is even easier! It can be sent right to the employees email and or cell phone so they always have access to their schedule.

Humanity as an employee

Reviewed 2018-12-20

Humanity has made my day a to day at the office easier and has allowed for a much clearer vision for my team.

Lisa Crawford

Humanity Software review

Reviewed 2019-04-02

Easy to use to review schedules. Employees enjoy being able to send messages to other employees and trade shifts.

Reviewed 2019-02-12

Worked really well for viewing, coordinating, trading work shifts. The app is great to have

Neil Pachter

great customer service... works great for the mostpart

Reviewed 2017-05-24

easy intuitive graphical interface, great customer service for whatever questions you may have.

Matthew Lottes

Great Customer Service and Great Program

Reviewed 2016-04-12

Shiftplanning took my company out of the stoneage of spreadsheet schedules to interactive and well organized scheduling software. We manage 27 locations within 15 miles of each other with a staff population of about 550. Shiftplanning's FREE setup service allowed us to easily setup all our employees and locations. The Customer Service is the best part. My personal CS client works tirelessly to ensure we are successful and is extremely responsive to needs and requests returning all emails or phone calls within 24 hours. It has made an otherwise colossal task simple and easy to do

Becky Gustofson

Software works for its intended use

Reviewed 2018-01-03

Overall good software - needs some improvements. See cons list below for actual feedback on the software

William Hilton

Relieved a HUGE headache!!!!

Reviewed 2017-04-21

I was just using a rudimentary spread sheet when I came across Humanity. I love the simplicity and ease of the product and how it interfaces across so many forms of communication. Brilliant product. I don't see us ever looking elsewhere for a similar product. Love it!

Mike Malsed

Not really developed from a manager's point of view

Reviewed 2017-04-27

I've been managing for over 25 years. Some things are common to all of us - such as needing notifications regarding not only shifts needing coverage, but who is picking up those shifts. Another example is the interface that managers look at first: not the personnel listing (that's an HR function) but rather a position view - or better, a visual view that is uncluttered and able to be made default. We need to see various things - such as what shifts are uncovered, what shifts are irregular (might normally be Jane, but John is covering it today), etc. Unfortunately, Humanity does not do these things, and even though I've asked for them, I have not gotten any positive feedback for them. Some of them I've been told that they are not possible. Humanity/Shiftplanning is the best platform I've found, commercially. I WISH that it did the things I need. I know these things CAN be done (we'd used a custom solution for years) but I wish that Shiftplanning would do them. It seems that Humanity wants to be an HR platform and not a true management tool for managers.

Roger Jimenez

Has Great Potential

Reviewed 2018-11-26

Overall Humanity is a decent enough software that has a few issues to be worked out like any other software. It's a very good tool for employers who have very large numbers of employees.

Benoit Vaillancourt

free time for me

Reviewed 2019-10-08

our crew jnows in advance where to go and at what time of the day.

Randi Binion-Olson

Time Sheets Made a Easy

Reviewed 2016-04-05

The Custom report function has cut my payroll time in half. I just need to figure out how to export it in the format I need without having to do many edits to and payroll would be a breeze. The only thing I wish they would change would be to have the clock-in and out button on the dashboard page to make it easier for my employees to clock in and out. Sometimes they sign-in and forget to actually clock in or forget to clock out so the next employee clocks them out and forgets to sign themselves in... not really a ShiftPlanning issue, really just need my employees to pay better attention and be mindful of their time sheets, but I'' hold my breath on that one.

Gisele Gauthier

Amazing experience

Reviewed 2016-04-26

Our new store has been with Shiftplanning since the day we opened our doors which was over two years ago now. As the administrator of the software for our store, I would like to say that the experience has been amazing since day one. On a scale of one to ten, ten being excellent I would give it a strong nine. Not ten just because I believe that their's always room for improvement no matter the service. Everything from friendly sales people to support to being a great product to work with, I would defenitely recommend this service to anybody. Gisele, Ontario Canada

Nicole Testa

Easy to self schedule

Reviewed 2018-09-11

Very happy with humanity easy to pick up shifts and drop them if needed self scheduling system is great for virtual call centers remote positions

Glenn Last

Reviewed 2019-01-24

The software is a favorite of both Management and the employees. It is very functional and easy to use. IT allows us to plan and schedule for our needs. Many of these software programs do the same thing basically, but this has received positive reviews from most.