Jonas Enterprise Reviews

User ratings

4.1

• Likelihood to recommend8.23/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It is a full enterprise system, it has a nice owner dashboard. The job costing is great and the report writer is also good.

Gonzalo P.

We found Jonas easy to learn because they have THE BEST trainers and customer support. We have gotten to know that staff over the years and they are awesome.

KW

Katelynn W.

Many thanks to Jonas Management Team and Jonas Support Staff for fantastic adventure at work during past 5 years of using Jonas Software.

EK

Elizabeth K.

Everything else about this software is bad. The customer service us horrible, the accounting system has glitches all the time, Information is hard to find in all of the menus they list.

dL

dennise L.

To add a cost in the PO and then have to change it in the parts master is ridiculous; it should update automatically.

EN

Erik N.

Another negative is that they are a Canadian company and the way they perform some of their business practices are different than what we perform. The function and terminology is different.

DG

FOUNDATION

Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate-logocaret
listing-logo

Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate

How would you rate Jonas Enterprise?

Jonas is easy to use and Jonas is spending the money to make it better and stay up with the times.

Pros

That it has good Job Cost reporting features / E-Time Sheets / Direct Deposit / Work Orders that work very well. All modules work well.

Cons

Sometimes support takes a little to long. Some of the modules don't seem like they have been finished.

Complete ERP Solution

I am a consultant that works with utility contractors and construction companies. I have worked with many different type of companies with a range of different ERPs. This variety has put me in a unique position to comment on Jonas compared to others. Jonas fits the construction business very nicely. With solid fundamentals of an Enterprise ERP (accounting modules) it rounds out the system with...

Just Make Sence

Pros

Once the setup is complete, the product is very easy to use. I also like the constant updating of the product.

Cons

The interfacing with other products such as Accubid is difficult, as well as the setup is a bit complicated.

Best Integrated Software

Pros

- Very robust reporting, and easy to customize reports - Easy to use and easy for new employees to learn - Support is pretty quick at resolving any technical issues - Everything is integrated, accounting, scheduling, project management, time entry in the field - Jonas really understands the industry

Cons

They are always developing and releasing new modules. I'm always excited to see new modules being released. Currently waiting for geofencing to be added to Field Time.

This reviewer only left a rating

Our company services the commercial and industrial fuel service industry. Our major customer is Shell, and we target other customers such as the local municipal governments and transit authorities. We are also involved in the construction of fuel dispensing systems, vehicle wash systems and hoists. We implemented Jonas about two and a half years ago, and have been very satisfied with its performance....

Cons

Jonas significantly helped organize our gym members and payment schedules!

Pros

We use Jonas at our gym to organize our members and contact information. It is very quick and effective. Relatively easy to use once you learn the basics.

Cons

There are multiple routes to accomplish the same tasks, which can be confusing at times. Sometimes we have difficulty making changes to member accounts.

Do not purchase

Terrible. The customer service is not friendly and they blame you for everything that doesnt work or they give you a work around a work around a work around and they NEVER give you a valid reason why the modules never work correctly!

Pros

The sales team promotes things that do not exist in this software. They told us the software does everything we need it to do and it definetly does not.

Cons

Nothing works correctly EVER. I process payroll weekly and constantly have to double check sometimes triple check what the software does and does not do. PO system does not work like they told us it does. We can't put in a full invoice number from our vendors because of the character limit. Fixing things in Jonas is near impossible.

Hi Britney, Thanks for voicing your opinion here. As a software consumer, I can appreciate a situation where I expect software to work a certain way, and then it doesn't. We'd really like to work with you on this and do our best to provide you with a software you can be satisfied with. I understand my colleagues have been in contact with you and we're hopeful we'll be able to help out. Oren Falkovitz, Marketing Manager, Jonas Construction Software

Good product and good value

Pros

Always looking for integration in construction software, Jonas did well in that, And everything we did with all the modules flow smoothly.

Cons

Some of the older version caused some problems, but the updates were quick and support is good and responsive.

Sales

Pros

Easy to review all quotes and confirmed business for accounts. Easy to navigate through, searching for information is somewhat easy.

Cons

Does not have a CRM component, running reports at times difficult to remember how to search the criteria of what report you are trying to create. Some times it takes a few too many clicks and pages too get to the next step. Search button takes a while.

Clunky, Inefficient, Outdated

Pros

I have enjoyed working with the VP Business Development, hopefully he will be able to move us forward and enable us to give a better review in the future.

Cons

Many of the screens are not linked for example I had to search an invoice but couldn't jump from that invoice to the Work Order associated with it, I had to go out of the A/R area and then into the Service Billing area. It takes a LONG time to run reports. One report that I need to run twice a month takes 3 hours. We have owned one module for 3 years and have not been able to implement it due to certain set-up items in our system but we have still been charged every year for this module and no one at Jonas has been concerned that we are not using it.

Jonas

Pros

The software offers many different report options. With time I have learned where to find and utilize these reports.

Cons

I found it difficult to determine which reports would produce the information I was seeking. With time I have learned which reports and options provide the information I need.

Great program that keeps developing and moving forward

Pros

I have been using this software since 2011 and have found it to meet and exceed my expectations. I use it to manage the Service Department of our company; however, we also use it in our Construction Division and Retrofit. It manages our entire back end in Accounting, Inventory, and Payroll as well. I manage hundreds of client service contracts and T&M service work with Jonas. It mines all the data I put in so that I get out beautiful reporting and retain customer history. I have had great customer service from Jonas, and they have always been open to suggestions as well; they keep on developing for their customer's needs.

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing I do not like. I have not had any issues.

Four companies with Jonas - This is the latest one

Pros

It's very user friendly, and they have great customer support. Most users are able to understand the Jonas processes quite easily.

Cons

It is hard to find screens to adjust things on. For this I mean changing user field, etc. Some stuff is in System admin, some in admin, some in the individual module.

Great Software!

Pros

I have worked with several construction software companies and find that Jonas is by far the best. The variety of modules for construction is outstanding. The best part is the availability of reports and information.

Cons

In accounts receivable and payable. When viewing in file setup there needs to be a connection to inquiries instead of having to back out of file setup then going into vendor/customer inquiry.

General overview: Jonas software is highly professional

Pros

The software is very user friendly and the support is always ready and available to help if needed.

Cons

I have had a couple of experiences where Jonas has malfunctioned. I had struggled to figure out the problem and when I contacted Jonas for support they already knew of the problem. Had Jonas contacted their members it could have alleviated some headaches!

Excellent program

Pros

I love the simplicity of the program and the way the different modules integrate. The program is great for anyone in the construction business who keeps track of job costs. The tracking of hold backs payable and receivable works well. The tracking of the HST and RITC makes filing our monthly HST returns simple.

Cons

I can't think of anything. The product updates address any issues.

Good system

Pros

I like that I can call technical support or email anytime and get a case number, and have a live person call me back to help me with my issue.

Cons

Sometimes there are updates to modules that were working fine change, and I wish they would stay the way they were. In example, with this new update, the customer inquiry is different and not as easy to read as it was before.

TOPS for Customer Service and Training

Pros

Jonas support and training has been amazing and such an example of what true customer service is. More companies could learn from Jonas how to properly train and walk alongside a client to offer support, especially through the learning process.

Cons

The learning process is probably what I like least about Jonas right now, and that really has nothing to do with Jonas itself, but just the process of having to learn something new. It is always difficult to make a change, and learning the flow of the product is taking time. The abundant help documents have been useful in some situations, but they don't always have a clear answer depending upon what it has to do with. It is the difference in companies and applications that make it hard to provide clear direction sometimes, but when we (Dorsett's) have asked questions, Jonas is always quick to respond and help us work through issues.

This reviewer only left a rating

Ferguson-Veresh, Inc. is a mechanical contractor that does commercial & residential service and installation and has been using Jonas software since 2002. We purchased it because it has the Service Dispatch, Job Cost & General Ledger all integrated within one soolution. We used Great Plains before and the Job Costing for them is a different software called WennSoft which was problematic at times. There...

Cons

I am new to Jonas, and I love the programmed.

Love how this programme works for Service Billing Jobs as Payroll/ PO etc. hits the job directly and make billing extremely easy.

Pros

Its easy to use and it work awesome for Service Industry, Jonas is design specifically for your company need and use.

Cons

Since using Jonas I haven't found any issues as of yet, as these programmes were designed to suite the need of our business:)

Disappointed

Pros

The reporting options are pretty much unlimited.

Cons

This software package is not very intuitive. Data entry is not centralized, and you are required to navigate through multiple areas of the software to enter information that could easily be centralized in one data entry point. We were sold on features that either do not exist or that we are now being told we should not implement. This software does not do automated workflows, which we were told...

GREAT customer service

Pros

I was able to fix my mistake quickly and without much thought.

Cons

I wish there was better reporting reports.

Ease of use for Jonas

Pros

Jonas is easy to use once you have completed your initial training. Reporting functions that the software provide are great, as well as all of the other information that is available

Cons

Product support has slowed just a bit but most issues are resolved within a few days. No other real negative issues product as a whole is very solid and stable

Assistant Controller, Jonas Admin, chief report writer

Pros

Intercompany relationships keep transactions between companies smooth. Report Building is helpful and datamart even more so.

Cons

Can't always build the report I want. Can't create payroll fields across companies that are defaults.

Jonas software has many oportunities to be better!

Pros

The Jonas software is a powerful and ingenious software that help our Club to achieve the objectives of administration.

Cons

I do not like that is not designed or developed for Mexico, and there are not way to do some things that are useful in our Club.