Knowify Logo

Knowify

Integrated mobile contractor management platform

Knowify Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.4/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

The customer service is absolutely superb. Quick response; helpful, clear answers to questions; quick turnaround for customization.
I LOVE the invoicing system and contracts and having it sync with emails its great. Also the employees ability to check into a specific job.
Searches can be difficult to return to. They lack pagination customization.
The guys have problems all the time with the clocking in.
Customer service doesn't take the time to determine what is wrong.

JS

John S.

Great Program

I finally feel organized in my business.

Pros

This software makes it very simple to make change orders, simple invoicing, and great documentation.

Cons

Some times the address look up system does not work. The phone log in app tends to lag or not work at times. I wish I could add lines in-between existing lines on the break down or bill of materials. This would be for grouping reasons. To make is easier to understand.

SS

Sara S.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Knowify has drastically simplified the admin side of our business.

Job costing & tracking, easy AIA style billing / invoicing.

Pros

The biggest pro of this is the step-by-step process from bidding to proposal to billing. We are easily able to track and manage each step of the process, produce AIA style invoices efficiently and track all payments in one application. And a huge shout-out to customer support - anytime I have an issue, they respond and are able to help us out within an hour or two (even outside of business hours).

Cons

Every once in a while there will be a glitch, sending payments over to quickbooks an extra time (but this also could be our synching with banking...). Either way, it's an easy fix as long as you are also managing your books correctly.

KT

Kelly T.

Knowify Review

Pros

Fairly simple to use and set up and you can see all projects easily

Cons

Having to click around alot to find things

ST

Sean T.

Construction, 1-10 employees

I highly recommend Knowify!

Very happy with Knowify, it's continuously improving and great customer service. I highly recommend!!!

Pros

Great for creating and sending quotes, invoicing (syncs with QB), managing time entries from crew

Cons

It would be great if there was a pipeline for a project and if tasks could be created for project managers based on the stage in the pipeline. CRM could have touch points created for follow up with leads.

HK

Henry K.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

Overall Good Software for Construction Industry

Pretty good experience overall. Would recommend for small and medium sized business that needs to streamline their contracts.

Pros

Product is easy to use, good interface. Like the sub-client feature. Really like the ability to customize the contract.

Cons

Needs better reporting systems for our commissions sales reps. Needs separation between sales rep contracts.

EC

Esther C.

Knowify is a great tool that has transformed our project management.

Pros

Knowify is intuitive, manages job costing well, and most importantly ties all aspects of a job together in one, easy to understand space.

Cons

By far the worst thing about Knowify is the reporting. Though there are numerous reports built in, they are not easily manipulated, and they filter data depending on how it is put into the software. This is especially true for invoicing, though it is mainly a project management software and not an accounting software

JR

Jim R.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Great program for managing my commercial roofing company

This software makes sure we are being profitable and shows us where we need to do better on different kinds of jobs.

Pros

This software tracks my employee time and job location. Great for seeing how long jobs are actually taking. The estimating portion is awesome once you have your pricing entered. Estimating templates make sure you don't forget parts or pieces to the estimate. Great customer service!

Cons

No cons as of yet. Been using this software for over a year.

DB

Doug B.

Construction, 1-10 employees

This software has been a huge time saver.

It has saved me hours of paper work when it comes time to invoicing. It is also great to know exactly how many man hours a project takes.

Pros

Once the estimate is approved the office work is over. All employees are able to track there time and materials directly to the job with no extra work involved when it is time to invoice.

Cons

My employees do like not being able to view all of there entered time for the last two weeks, but I believe this might not be the case with the last update.

JC

Jacob C.

Construction, 11-50 employees

New customer in the subcontractor trade

So far while still in trial I can not wait to show my boss this who has been relying on me to find a PM software for the company!

Pros

I really love how I can keep track of all my jobs from active to still in bid process. I can schedule guys to any job, do time sheets, and even a catalog to help us keep track of pricing and material pick ups! It topped the cherry for us when we discovered the app.. with many Spanish employees this is the first app I’ve seen that can work in Spanish. And the punch in and clock out feature along with geo fencing is very nice.

Cons

I wish the specific labor rates could be involved in one of the lower plans instead of the highest plan, which is legit the only reason I have to use their highest plan.

CL

Christy L.

Great Product

great product

Pros

AIA features -

Cons

be able to update each customer to specific AIA documents (templates)

DG

Donna G.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Easily tracks jobs and costs associated with the jobs.

All documents and invoicing in one place. Interacts with QBO.

Pros

Interacts with QBO. Also like the reports available. Easy to navigate between open and outstanding jobs. Can attach documents all in one place.

Cons

Sometimes the feed between QBO and Knowify does not work. When this happens, I call support and they are able to fix it right away. They are very helpful.

ND

Nadia D.

Everything in one place!

The customer service team has been great! They have answered all of my questions, were they able to accommodate all of my requests maybe not but in the end, nothing is 100% perfect but knowify comes pretty close. I would definitely recommend it.

Pros

I can manage my leads, my proposals, my projects costs, my time sheets and the easy sync to Quickbooks make our day to day activities much simpler. We tried a lot of apps and Knowify was the only one who offered to customize our proposal templates which helped us extremely since we live in Quebec and needed french communication to our customers.

Cons

I would love to be able to manage my leads like a CRM as this would avoid me to pay and have another CRM tool. I would also love to see the capability to sync calendars with Google calendar for scheduled jobs and hopefully for CRM activities :).

MP

Max P.

Great management software with excellent customer support

Pros

Customer support is second to none. Issues are usually responded to and dealt with, within the hour. Easy to navigate and intuitive.

Cons

Some small annoying glitches that pop up from time to time. Usually sorted out quickly and efficiently but annoying nonetheless.

RW

Ryan W.

Love Knowify. It has completely transformed my business for the better.

Pros

There is a fast turnaround for new features. You don't have to wait a year. The mobile app is CONSTANTLY updated. Try browsing a platforms app version history instead of customer reviews. Customer service is excellent, and if a solution does not exist for your problem one is created.

Cons

The only thing lacking is built-in app notifications and calendar integration (coming soon).

JG

Josh G.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Amazing. Couldn't be a better product for my needs and Terrin's support is unparalleled.

Save time

Pros

The product is perfectly designed for the service industry. It's a very easy to use tool with a very comprehensive feature set that makes running my business a breeze.

Cons

The mobile app is very limited in it's functionality for all users. It makes it difficult to do most of the things I'd like to do without being in front of my desktop.

Dd

Daniel d.

A Great Tool - Really helped us get organized

We started running our virtual biotech company on Knowify several months ago, and it's been enormously helpful. Since we have multiple labs (all over the place) doing work for us at any given point in time, and since many of our contracts specify that we cover various costs (like reagents, etc), giving our partners Knowify ID's has really helped us keep track of who is ordering what/when so that when...

Cons

Thanks for your feedback Dan, we really appreciate the praise.

KM

Kathy M.

Knowify has upped our job costing game dramatically

The entire team can access to review job costs and profitability

Pros

The thing we most like about Knowify is how simple and cost effective this addition to our QuickBooks software has been. We enter all our AR and AP transactions into Knowify and it syncs beautifully with QB. Absolutely love the built in AIA billing format and the ability to email out of the application. We also use the app in the field to capture and review employee time. It's very seamless.

Cons

The only thing I'd like is simple back button for the page you are on rather than having to start from the beginning.

CH

Chris H.

Decent

My overall experience is that there are room for improvements...

Pros

Has most of the options I am interested in using. Having written that though, it doesn't have all the options...

Cons

No monthly average for hours... I would like it to calculate pay... Be more user friendly with the company the work is being done...

Ben M.

Software is great and customer support team is incredibly responsive

Pros

It's a comprehensive software solution for all facets of my business. The customer support team is great whenever I need help.

ML

Mitchell L.

Very user friendly.

Organization on a job-by-job basis so I can pinpoint where I can take advantage of making money and identifying where things cost us money. Nice to know overall. Excellent to know by the job.

Pros

The bird's eye views of your whole business. Ease of sending purchase orders and work orders to vendors and contradctors.

Cons

Would like the ability to rearrange individual line items (material line items) within a job phase on the proposal and contract phase.

mh

michael h.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Every problem and question has been resolved

Pros

The customer support is awesome. I get questions answered pretty quickly. The support staff remains in contact with me until the issue is resolve and I am satisfied. They also are willing to take suggestions to make the software better for the users.

Cons

I really don't have any cons about the product

NJ

Norm J.

Knowify Review

It is a good fit for our business. Looking forward to future improvements.

Pros

Ability to track job costing and payroll through one application.

Cons

Flexibility of job cost categories. A bit of customization options would be nice.

Jeff H.

Used other for 6-12 months

Setup and ease of use is great. Clients got going right away and with little training.

Happy client

Pros

Great sync with QuickBooks Online. Virtually flawless. Customer support is top notch. Very quick response during business hours. Interface is simple, useful and easy to figure out if you're a DIY

Cons

Maybe a bit better on the pricing for non users that need to be tracked for the job reports but don't ever actually use the software

MS

Matt S.

We like knowify!

Our ability to track job profitability, manage employee's time, and provide easy reporting for the bosses has been fantastic.

Pros

The ability to easily track, submit, and export the financial status of each job we have.

Cons

Not everything exports and imports from Quickbooks.

JF

Jim F.

Great Concept

As an employee in my company for 20 years in Operations, I was called upon to learn new software that handled payables,receivables, contracts, and scheduling. With no previous accounting background I was basically able to grab control of the company bill pay and invoice creation and receivables. Very easy to use and learn. Not to mention after 20 years I finally Know the whole business in and out. Well Done and I recommend it.