Knowify Logo

Knowify

Integrated mobile contractor management platform

Knowify Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.55/10

Reviews by rating

The customer service is absolutely superb. Quick response; helpful, clear answers to questions; quick turnaround for customization.
We enter all our AR and AP transactions into Knowify and it syncs beautifully with QB. Absolutely love the built in AIA billing format and the ability to email out of the application.
I LOVE the invoicing system and contracts and having it sync with emails its great. Also the employees ability to check into a specific job.
Searches can be difficult to return to. They lack pagination customization.
The guys have problems all the time with the clocking in.
Customer service doesn't take the time to determine what is wrong.

CG

Cheryl G.

Office Manager

Construction, 11-50 employees

Its Simple and Easy, They've got a Great Team!

Transcript

Cheryl: Hi, my name is Cheryl, and I'm the office manager for a fire protection company. We are a small...

Cheryl, Thank you so much for the kind review! We take great pride in our customer support and in our mission to help businesses like yours run more smoothly and profitably every day. We're glad that commitment came through for you, and appreciate you sharing your experience with the world. Happy holidays, Cam @ Knowify

MK

Matthew K.

Director

Construction, 51-200 employees

Positive Construction Software.

Transcript

Matthew K.: Hi, my name's Matt from a company GK Engineering and Design. We have 60 employees. We turn...

Matthew, Thanks so much for the kind words - we're thrilled that you found Knowify so easy to implement, and that's it been able to help you and your team. As always we're here to help with anything you may need, now or in the future! Sincerely, Cam

DC

David C.

Game Changer for my company

Te main problem that I solved was time, now I have the bidding and invoicing in the same program.

Pros

I like the ease of use, bidding and invoicing functions most.

Cons

Imputing receipts and job costs. I am getting better at the process but I wish there were an easier way.

TB

Tierney B.

Construction, 1-10 employees

As a Quickbooks desktop Beta customer, we are still ironing out some sync troubles.

The online-ability is great for the boss in the field, but with QBD we have had to establish work arounds.

Pros

Knowify has many modules that are useful, however they do not all work with QBD quite yet. Once they can get the sync figured out it will be a one-stop-shop for estimating, time-tracking, invoicing, scheduling. We do not use the Plan and Track feature, but I can see how that could be VERY helpful. Emailing customers is very easy. Purchase orders are EASY to send. Getting customer signatures is EASY.

Cons

1) The billing module is very detailed, so it takes a long time to enter bills. There should be a shortcut around entering an "Item" that allows choosing an expense account. And maybe allocate to the job not based on an item in contract. Also Autofill feature? Or a Copy previous bill? 2) Default accounts are confusing. For a long time they did not save after I entered them. And many of them do not...

CH

Chris H.

Decent

My overall experience is that there are room for improvements...

Pros

Has most of the options I am interested in using. Having written that though, it doesn't have all the options...

Cons

No monthly average for hours... I would like it to calculate pay... Be more user friendly with the company the work is being done...

JM

Joel M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Wanted to make this a priority for my business, but customer service is terrible.

A good idea of what I want. Otherwise, no benefit at all. This software, by itself, is a great concept, but the management team and the connectivity with my normal QB software is abhorrent.

Pros

Makes bids, change-orders, and scheduling easy. In theory - but not actuality - it should link with Quickbooks, which, if working, would be awesome.

Cons

Customer service doesn't take the time to determine what is wrong. There are several tiers of people who are trying to help, but they continue to give a quick reaction to solve the problem and don't really help. The program itself only links with Quickbooks occasionally. If you don't input information perfectly, it scrambles your numbers and can throw all of your books off. Getting access to human help is hard. The input work is way more work than the results.

Hello Joel, We are sorry to hear of your bad experience with our customer support. We at Knowify put an extremely high priority on all tickets and the majority of our customers will agree that this is one of the strongest parts of Knowify (as shown in many reviews on this page). Your specific case threw us a curveball, as you had deleted your access to Knowify on a Friday night. Our customer...

MS

Michael S.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

This is how it should be and it's only getting better

Knowify is singularly impressive in it's ability to speak to both the complex and real time needs of contractors while satisfying the employee, office staff, and the accountant's requirements. Our office has tried repeatedly to classify this program, as estimation, project management, AR, job costing, etc. when speaking with clients, and ultimately with each new client we find it is more than that, it is simply the right answer for the right problem for contractors. Combine Knowify's ever growing list of built in (and truly astonishing) benefits, with a staff who are willing to take our's, and I'm sure many, users suggestions for improved useage and the result is a company you want to see leading the market.

Pros

By far the best feature of Knowify is that, with a seemingly simple but comprehensive interface, the program is intuitively generating more beneficial outputs, then we could first imagine.

Cons

At first blush the interface seems very directed in how one should use it, but we began, after working with the demo, to find it slightly obtuse when faced with little ideosyncrasies common to many contractors. So far the team at Knowify has not disappointed in aiding us with these minor hiccups, which tended to be a lack of understanding on our end about certain settings, and not the program itself.

JE

Jenn E.

Construction, 1-10 employees

I really like how responsive the Knowify team is to questions and support!

Keeping close tabs on project P&L's is great with Knowify. Project Managers/Admin can pull data at any time to keep up-to-date on project costs. We like being able to use AIA billing through Knowify. Finding one place to apply all job costs to a project is great!

Pros

We all like how we have been able to provide ideas/needs to Knowify and see them integrate many of those into their updates and new options.

Cons

There are still some functions that area holding us back in what we are able to do with Knowify, specifically billing. We have been told that they are working on those options, but the sooner those are added the better workflow we will have using their system.

EC

Esther C.

Knowify is a great tool that has transformed our project management.

Pros

Knowify is intuitive, manages job costing well, and most importantly ties all aspects of a job together in one, easy to understand space.

Cons

By far the worst thing about Knowify is the reporting. Though there are numerous reports built in, they are not easily manipulated, and they filter data depending on how it is put into the software. This is especially true for invoicing, though it is mainly a project management software and not an accounting software

JR

Jim R.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Great program for managing my commercial roofing company

This software makes sure we are being profitable and shows us where we need to do better on different kinds of jobs.

Pros

This software tracks my employee time and job location. Great for seeing how long jobs are actually taking. The estimating portion is awesome once you have your pricing entered. Estimating templates make sure you don't forget parts or pieces to the estimate. Great customer service!

Cons

No cons as of yet. Been using this software for over a year.

JS

John S.

Great Program

I finally feel organized in my business.

Pros

This software makes it very simple to make change orders, simple invoicing, and great documentation.

Cons

Some times the address look up system does not work. The phone log in app tends to lag or not work at times. I wish I could add lines in-between existing lines on the break down or bill of materials. This would be for grouping reasons. To make is easier to understand.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

Good Program for Contractors

We've been able to take most of our business electronically, which helps us improve our business and helpls our client communicate with us.

Pros

The customization you can make to quotations, line items and the catalog.

Cons

The scheduling software is very basic. and does not have abilities to add more details so we use another program for this.

SS

Sara S.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Knowify has drastically simplified the admin side of our business.

Job costing & tracking, easy AIA style billing / invoicing.

Pros

The biggest pro of this is the step-by-step process from bidding to proposal to billing. We are easily able to track and manage each step of the process, produce AIA style invoices efficiently and track all payments in one application. And a huge shout-out to customer support - anytime I have an issue, they respond and are able to help us out within an hour or two (even outside of business hours).

Cons

Every once in a while there will be a glitch, sending payments over to quickbooks an extra time (but this also could be our synching with banking...). Either way, it's an easy fix as long as you are also managing your books correctly.

DB

Doug B.

Construction, 1-10 employees

This software has been a huge time saver.

It has saved me hours of paper work when it comes time to invoicing. It is also great to know exactly how many man hours a project takes.

Pros

Once the estimate is approved the office work is over. All employees are able to track there time and materials directly to the job with no extra work involved when it is time to invoice.

Cons

My employees do like not being able to view all of there entered time for the last two weeks, but I believe this might not be the case with the last update.

DG

Donna G.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Easily tracks jobs and costs associated with the jobs.

All documents and invoicing in one place. Interacts with QBO.

Pros

Interacts with QBO. Also like the reports available. Easy to navigate between open and outstanding jobs. Can attach documents all in one place.

Cons

Sometimes the feed between QBO and Knowify does not work. When this happens, I call support and they are able to fix it right away. They are very helpful.

AC

Andrew C.

Great Idea, Wish it worked better

Takes so much time to ensure Time is put to the correct job. Wish it made a HARD Job Number, sequential, noneditable.

Pros

Customer Sales Tool, and contract managment.

Cons

Amount of effort to have Tsheets apply to the Job to start. The way a contract is decided, Your Phases, might not be how I want to track costs and time. I don't trust the numbers. I want all hours and materials accounted for to the job as a whole. I don't want to spend hours deciding what phase each expense or hour spent goes to.

TL

Tammy L.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Knowify has made our billing so much easier.

Knowing that all the calculations on my pay applications is correct is invaluable.

Pros

I like that the software is web based, the customer support group is fabulous, and it is very easy to use

Cons

Retainage push at final billing should not be combined with current month retainage accrual. They should be separate.

KK

Kim K.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Knowify is a great produt

Pros

Knowify is very intuitive. It is easy to use and immensely helps with our daily project needs.

Cons

Knowify can seem sluggish when I am entering numerous bills.

KM

Kelly M.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Great for organizing our active work day

Benefit are ongoing as we realize the actual potential of and how powerful a tool it can be if utilized properly

Pros

Excellent communication tool, helps to see the job location and if any issues arise immediate results.

Cons

Some of the people trying to use the program mainly.

RW

Ryan W.

Love Knowify. It has completely transformed my business for the better.

Pros

There is a fast turnaround for new features. You don't have to wait a year. The mobile app is CONSTANTLY updated. Try browsing a platforms app version history instead of customer reviews. Customer service is excellent, and if a solution does not exist for your problem one is created.

Cons

The only thing lacking is built-in app notifications and calendar integration (coming soon).

NJ

Norm J.

Knowify Review

It is a good fit for our business. Looking forward to future improvements.

Pros

Ability to track job costing and payroll through one application.

Cons

Flexibility of job cost categories. A bit of customization options would be nice.

WD

Wagner D.

Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 employees

The only software for Subcontractors

Satisfied with where we are right now.

Pros

Great for companies that are between residential and commercial jobs

Cons

Needs to be a bit more flexible with customizability. Especially with Project calendars.

KC

Kathleen C.

Knowify is an easy to learn software system

Pros

I like the ease of creating proposals, I love the new home screen. Knowify's customer service is top notch.

Cons

I would like the ability to enter zero when an employee is out for the day. Would like the ability to print the original proposals and change orders together. Customers complain about the invoicing, it's confusing.

Derek L.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 employees

New Building New Software

At my desktop it was great but going mobile I had to use the browser as the app didn't work for me.

Pros

Allowed us to track and manage everything on the larger project down to the penny.

Cons

My older phone didn't support the app for Knowify unfortunately.

Deborah Z.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Superb customer service, versatile product

Knowify is great for producing Estimates, Bids, and Invoices on readable forms, with consistent T&C across all projects. Knowify is also great for tracking purchases and the use of materials on construction projects. As a consultant to a construction client, I found the software very easy to learn and use, with the best customer service I have ever experienced in software!

Pros

Easy to use once it is set up. Easy to learn, which is amazingly important! The dashboards are useful, navigation is reasonable. The customer service is absolutely superb! Quick response; helpful, clear answers to questions; quick turnaround for customization.

Cons

Currently the user cannot make any template changes to the base templates for invoices and other forms. All such changes must go through Customer Service. Currently, a company using the software may only have 1 template for each form. Right now, the software is most useful when linked to QuickBooks, though it can be used without the link.

Ben M.

Software is great and customer support team is incredibly responsive

Pros

It's a comprehensive software solution for all facets of my business. The customer support team is great whenever I need help.

sl

stacy l.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Has some issues but, good overall

I was very unimpressed with tech support. I do love the slickness of the software and our employees absolutely love it as a time tracker.

Pros

Pretty well organized, effective time tracker, nice to track profitability.

Cons

Too many emails to employees (it sends an email every time a purchase is approved), complicated invoicing on time and materials jobs. I want more flexibility with how I want my invoices to read.