RingCentral MVP Logo

1K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.09/10

Reviews by rating

I like the ability to video chat. Being a company of nearly 1000 people calls for a lot of meetings and we recently transitioned from LifeSize which has been nice.
This is great phone solution company, competitively priced, industry leading ease of use for its customers, and very responsive and helpful support.
It's very user friendly, they have great customer service. Our company has their own account manager which happens to be very helpful.
That's been my experience lately, which can be a pain if I inadvertently forget to open the application when I'm supposed to be called.
The reporting is what I dislike most about RingCentral, it is very limited and often delayed or incorrect.
When tasks are assigned to people, they quickly get lost among all the messages that are posted after the assigned-task notification.

1,053 reviews

Anjan M.

Customer Success Manager

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Seems a like Zoom copy without the Zoom features

Transcript

Anjan: Hi, my name is Anjan. I'm a managing director. For RingCentral Office, I give it a rating of four...

Andrew B.

Director of Sales

Insurance, 11-50 employees

RingCentral is a must have for International Dialing

Transcript

Andrew: Hello, I'm Andrew. I work as a director of sales for an international insurance company. I would...

Adrian A.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

RingCentral Great For Business

RingCentral has been a great stride forward compared to our previous VoIP solution which was buggy and had issues. It's simple, easy to use and just works.

Pros

Having used a competitor software previously I find that using RingCentral is quick, easy and bug free. It's relatively simple to load on your PC or mobile and does the exact job it is designed to do well.

Cons

Contact management could be improved on RingCentral, but overall, there really isn't much to complain about.

rf

richard f.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Ring Central MVP Review

RingCentral assists my business with interfacing with clients and interior colleagues in a consistent, proficient way. It's an extraordinary item and I energetically suggest it.

Pros

Their client assistance is okay, and they are adaptable stage for calling administrations. Their calling highlights are okay, however they are on the pricy side contrasted with different administrations. You can accept approaches both work area and on a cell, so it mitigates the requirement for a business cell plan and moves all call administrations on the web. Porting over client contacts was quite simple with the RingCentral client agent.

Cons

The explanation RingCentral is as it were "practically great" is the irritating record reps, who call as often as possible. Once I had one call each client for us inside the space of several days! This was finished all the while assuming a pretense of guaranteeing everybody was content with the help, however all that did was make a situation where everybody whined - for the sole time, mind you- - about RingCentral. Luckily, it didn't have anything to do with the real assistance.

SH

Sandy H.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Calls Drop Constantly

Having a system that allows you to take calls from any device makes privacy a lot easier--no need to give out your personal number for business purposes. Also, if people can have calls forwarded it's not necessarily required to give everyone a company-provided smartphone, a huge cost savings as well.

Pros

The RingCentral system allows you to seamlessly use your same phone number on your physical desk phone, laptop, and has an app for your smartphone. As someone who takes a lot of calls in conference rooms for privacy, it's nice to have the calls available on my smartphone versus having to transfer the call to a conference room phone. I also appreciate that the contact list is built into the system so I don't have to search for employees' extensions and whatnot. During times when we work remotely it helps that I don't have to set up call forwarding or anything like that, it's like I never left the office really. The software we have also enables easier international calling from your phone, we are a global company so this is used frequently. The app is easy to use which is nice.

Cons

The biggest issue that we run into is that calls drop a lot in the middle of the call. For example, when I would call colleagues in NY and Dublin, halfway through the call, regardless of where I was located, the call would drop and the app wouldn't reconnect to the data or wifi on my phone, so I'd have to completely reboot my smartphone to get back into the app. It wouldn't be a big deal if it happened every once in a while but I have run into this 5-7 times per week which puts a big strain on my workload.

JC

Jan Claire B.

Information Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reliable and strong communication app !

Overall, RingCentral MVP is a reliable app. The functionality of Ring Central seems good as well. It has its flaws, but it is one of the apps that I trusted when it comes to cloud communications.

Pros

I love how it is so easy to use. The UI looks very cool

Cons

Experiencing some glitches whenever they are updating the app. Joining meetings with huge number of participants can be a challenge sometimes

JH

Jordan H.

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

RingCentral

We use this software to record all incoming and outbound calls. The app is easy to navigate and provides a pleasant user experience.

Pros

The App is easy to navigate. All information is easily accessible. Reporting analytics regarding incoming calls is easy.

Cons

No real downside to this software. You can forward the line to ring a cell phone in case you are not in office.

JM

Joelle M.

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

Ring Central user

Pros

It was a huge transition for our agency going from a desk system to a cloud system. It was successful. I appreciate the convenience of being able to take calls from anywhere.

Cons

I have seen the beta version. I am not sure I am going to like it.

IL

Ivana L.

Retail, self-employed

RingCentral

Very good

Pros

Very easy and helpful. We use everyday at work. You can install the program at your pc/mac and answer/send the text messages through it. Check all calls/text historic. Also has the mobile option when you can switch the calls to your phone, so even when you are not in the office, you still able to get that call.

Cons

I don't think there's anything missing right now in this software. Really helpful as is to me

JJ

JadeLeigh J.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Great Product

My overall experience is great.

Pros

I like that the software is user friendly and easy to implement. The implementation team is great.

Cons

The performance report takes an hour to update so I am not able to report in real time. Most of the help links are inactive or not up to date.

DM

David M.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Easy to implement, impossible to change

Pros

Easy to use and implement, features initially were good

Cons

Difficult to make changes or to remove options

CS

Casey S.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

ring central great company

Pros

the set up was a breeze and the system is very user friendly. I love that i have the ability to turn on and off our phones from anywhere!

Cons

when you have something new integrated into the office there is always a learning curve, so i would say it went as smooth as possible. price always could be cheaper

RC

Ryan C.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

They saved us from an ancient ShoreTel system, and helped us embrace remote work

RingCentral has been in business voip for a long time now. They are huge, well defined, and are consistent across the entire experience of sales, design, implementation and training. When you onboard, you feel like you are gaining access to a huge resource that has been doing this long enough to have their game down. You pay more for that kind of experience, and it was worth it to us.

Pros

The platform feels modern and robust. I like that end users can install the client without us having to deploy msi's. The sound quality alone on calls was night in day from our onprem system with SIP trunks. We were worried about quality, but it's been a non issue. It's nice having a platform that is constantly improving over time, without us having to shell out more money to prod the vendor to offer more. If you have solid internet connections into your business, you'll be fine.

Cons

The offering was a little on the pricier side compared to competitors. Worth it in my opinion though.

CC

Chad C.

Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1,000 employees

Ring Central - New VoIP Solution

We came from a very archaic platform, that did not give us any ability to report/integrate/etc. With Ring Central, we now have the insight and ease of use. Our users can now use either a softphone or hard-wired desk phone. Click to call has been a game-changer for all of our users.

Pros

The ease of use with this platform far outperforms the competitors such as Vonage/8x8/etc. With over 500 employees we always look for platforms that are easy to use, concise, and simply. Ring Central check all of those boxes immediately. Another great feature is the integration with Salesforce. We utilize Salesforce heavily and the ease of use RingCentral provides with SF is wonderful. Highly Recommend the product if you are looking for a new VoIP provider.

Cons

We are only 6 months into our rollout and there is not much were are finding at fault. If we could change one thing it would be to allow us to provision licenses at a needed basis. We do still need to reach out to a sales rep to acquire additional licenses.

WG

Wael G.

Translation and Localization, self-employed

A reliable and cost-effective solution for Internet Telephony

Amazing, the best VOIP software.

Pros

1-The Customer service staff are very helpful especially that you are assigned to an account manager who is responsible to answer all your queries and account. 2-The trial period gives you a taste of all features. 3- You can access the windows software , chrome extension and PWA 4-Price is amazing for the quality service. 5-The switching between the windows app and the web based one . 6- Adjusting...

Cons

-I want to see live captions for calls done on the windows app not just the web based version and videocalls. - videocalls could be better. -offering call recording for all subscriptions

SA

Samuel A.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Perfect for our Vacation Rental Company

We've had an overall amazing experience thus far. We are now closer to our customers than ever before. We are able to automate text message notifications to our guests and staff.

Pros

We switched to Ring Central a couple of months ago as we were looking for a better Phone system that will integrate seamlessly with our new Vacation Rental Software. We decided to give RingCentral Office a trial and it's been amazing thus far. We were able to integrate the software with our new Vacation Rental Software which made communication with guests far more easier and automated. One major thing that makes RingCentral office stand out is its ease of integration with other Softwares. They also have amazing customer service willing to help and guide every step of the way.

Cons

We've had a great experience thus far that I can't think of too many cons at the moment. Some may find their initial setup daunting. However, it's to be expected considering the many features the software offers, and they more than balance it up with amazing customer service willing to guide you every step of the way.

BG

Brian G.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Super Powerful System

My overall experience has been excellent. Same goes for all of our clients that have switched over as well. No complaints.

Pros

Support system is great. Hardly any down time whatsoever. Also very price competitive. Strongly recommend this system to any organization looking for a highly reliable VOIP service.

Cons

Like with any new phone system, there will be a learning curve but Ring Central has a great support and training system.

Kim P.

Rock Solid VoIP with great features, but on the expensive side

It's really quite something to have a portable phone system that you can use on any device that can access the internet.

Pros

Never had any downtime with RingCentral, which is a big deal to compensate for the fact that we all work remotely. It's important to feel that we can JUST call. We had the occasional weird softrware incompatibility issues withe some USB headsets with the Softphones, but besides that, it felt like it just worked. We have always been able to set up any menu tree, any re-routing option, any special...

Cons

The only cons I can think of are the price (although not as high as 8x8) and the occasional (quite rare, really) long wait time to call support. It can feel a bit overwhelming at first because of all the options and features, but once the initial setup is done, it should be fine.

Justin B.

One of the most complete easy to use fully cloud solutions out there

If you are starting out, you might want to try a cheaper provider first, or bundle with Office 365 if you already have that. I know this is a solid solution. I've never had the chance to use anything else for VoIP, but I know this will get certainly get the job done well. I would have no reservations going into this at all if you need to make a quick decision. This company will be able to handle your system and do everything you need within reason.

Pros

No need to have anything but a desk phone, computer, or mobile device, and the internet to make it work. It is very feature-rich. They work with many phones, even others like Microsoft say are not compatible. If you have a bunch of old equipment that won't work with another cloud provider, RC will be one of your best bets to work with your hardware. If even they don't work with your devices, you probably need to get rid of your archaic technology. Provision is very quick and easy. Their chat support has less than a 10-minute wait, usually no wait. Their support is very capable. They handle all firmware upgrades automatically, at least with our VVX phones.

Cons

Cost much more than a locally-hosted system but I think if money is not an issue, it's much better to let your company do what it does best, and let RC do what it does best. Don't try to be a VoIP provider company just for yourselves. Let the pros do it (unless if you're a VERY large company maybe). Don't pay crazy more for phones from them, just buy them on Amazon and provision them yourself in about three minutes. For rare, advanced problems, sometimes their support drops the ball and you need to contact your account manager. Sometimes he'll be out of the office for several days though. Anytime we've had more than two phones down, they have been able to solve our problems by the next morning, even for CRAZY issues. Most of the time support is very great and I recommend it.

MD

Michael D.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Expensive, but worth it if you abuse the system.

We are able to easily communicate (and keep track of our communications) in voice and text from opposite sides of the world without anyone calling in having any indication that we're not all in the same time zone.

Pros

RingCentral allows a far-flung Internet-based company to act like a local company in terms of having a local number to call (and call from), while allowing you to quickly and flawlessly transfer callers between extensions even if those extensions are on opposite sides of the planet. It also records all of your texts and calls, allowing you to download and save them for future needs, which is vital...

Cons

Really, the only problem with RingCentral is the price. The price per person per month is steep enough that a smaller company has to really be careful with who they give extensions to, and the limitation to two SoftPhone installs per extension means you can't really use an extension for a whole department or team. Right now, for example, my Marketing team has 3 full-time and 1 part-time worker, but...

Stephen C.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

PBX in the Cloud - Big Look for Small Firms

Our customers continually remark that our presence and appearance is that of a much larger company - they are amazed that a small company can have such features as the automated attendant, directory listing, audio conferencing, faxing, etc that we have. The system is ideal for companies with employees on the road. Everything is accessible from a smart phone, soft phone or physical device. We have had no software bugs/issues since subscribing a year ago. We took advantage of the annual billing option both because we are committed to the product and to obtain the discount.

Pros

The subscriptions are very easy to manage - adding or deleting subscriptions is all done easily online. The setup is quite straight forward but there are a number of advanced options for which users should look at the help files (which are quite helpful). Voice mail, and fax options for each users, as well as opening hours, also easy to set up. What is nice is the ability to have calls routed to devices in parallel or sequence. The call-flip feature to transfer a call from one device to another, without stopping the call, works well. Our firm uses call groups to route calls for specific topics to specific agents. The ability to ring one or multiple agents simultaneously (first to pick up takes the call) is really useful.

Cons

The audio conference and the video conferencing are separate applications. It would be ideal if the audio conferencing users could use a web browser to connect the same as the video conference app. I can see the pros and cons of two applications but it can be a bit confusing to subscribers and their customers.

Joel B.

51-200 employees

RingCentral Rings Our Bell! For a Price.

Pros

The softphone app performs well and is easy to use. The softphone app can be installed on multiple computers allowing you to have, for example, one copy installed on your desktop and one copy installed on your laptop. This means that I can leave my desk and take my laptop with me and still be able to answer my phone. The softphone integrates with Outlook, so I don't have to duplicate all my contacts into another piece of software. This saves so much time and makes life so much easier.

Cons

Missed calls are not registered on the soft phone in a timely manner. If I have a missed call, the soft phone may not show it for a few minutes or for a few hours. Their is no app for Windows 10 mobile and no app for Windows 10 (besides the standard Windows OS application). Having a native UWP would be a great option for RingCentral Soft phone installs are limited to two devices, so I can't install...

Brian W.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Once I switched to using my cell - life got so much better

As a person who is typically third on the hierarchy of phone calls I have really hated having to cover the phones when people have been out. One day, after a few particularly long phone calls my neck was hurting and I decided that I needed to stop using the regular handset. I brought my Bluetooth device in the next day and started using the app. This app has been a lifesaver. I am happier now having both hands available. Furthermore, the ability to transfer calls to different people is very smart. I have the ability to even send to people's personal number where on the old app I couldn't do that. I have tried to use the messaging app, but as of yet we are still using Teams for our internal messages. Thank you for the App RingCentral!

Pros

I actually have been fairly skeptical of the software since I've been using the IP phone for a year and a half. I was never too proud of it and what it could do. However, once I have switched to using the app on my phone and a bluetooth, I really couldn't be any happier. I have full powers and the ability to even transfer to personal cell phones. I am happy now.

Cons

When we were all using IP phones we had different phones and that made some things not behave well at all. Other than that, the app has things in a little different places than the regular Ring Central phone app, but I like it better.

Thad S.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Yes. It is awesome!

This is simply huge improvement over the old time he phones. They have a great reputation. We have not even begun to implement all the features such as the integration between RingCentral and Zapier and our CRM to automatically send over call logs or notes.

Pros

I can use this to call from anywhere. I don't need to use my desktop phone. If I met the house and I'm working from home, I have my CRM and RingCentral on my desktop and it is almost just as good as working at the office. As far as my clients know, it is just as good. I use this whether I travel or am at home and it is seamless.

Cons

I wish it had a stronger intercom feature for the soft phones. The soft phones are the desktop applications that work like a phone. I also wish that they would offer text-only numbers which would be super helpful so long as they do it at a much lower rate than the regular numbers. I don't want to use my regular telephone number to send text to my clients and I don't want to use the main company number...

JP

Jeanine P.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Opinion about the voicemail option

Generally the voicemail feature of this software is great, as I've noted. Our phones work well, there are some nice features for forwarding calls and receiving faxes. Again, I'm not an administrator, just an end user, so I don't know what the full capabilities are, but from what I've seen, it's very useful and easy to use.

Pros

I really only use the voicemail and fax options of this software, I like it a lot because it sends me an email with the incoming phone number and it sometimes give a transcript of the message. This way, even when I'm out of the office, I know how many phone calls I've missed and who they are from.

Cons

The transcripts are good, when they are completed. Recently (the past 8-10 months) I have not been getting transcripts, it always tells me the message could not be transcribed. I haven't asked anyone about this, so it may be something that could be easily solved, it just isn't all that important to me. Also, the faxes come in to only one person and then have to be distributed to the intended person. Not sure if that's an option that can be changed or not.

James N.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

I have had a good experience with RingCentral, but make sure your system is powerful enough

Pros

The RingCentral Office suite has some great products which really integrate well with each other. I host daily meetings with the RingCentral Meetings app and quality is usually good. I also do a lot of cold calling from the soft phone and have the phone integrated with our Salesforce CRM, which makes logging calls very easy. The RingCentral messaging app (Glip) is one of my favorite parts of the suite of products. Great for communicating with your team, sending files quickly, starting a quick video call, and just collaborating in general.

Cons

Although I love Glip, it keeps freezing on me and I have to uninstall it and reinstall it. Only to have it happen a few minutes later. Luckily, they have a web version of the app, which works great, but I do wish the desktop app would work. We had a lot of issues with call/meeting quality with RingCentral when we first started, but soon realized it was the fault of the systems we were running the program on (4GB Microsoft Surface Tablets). We were experiencing bad call quality, echoes, and delays in calls. After switching to an 8GB Surface most if not all of those issues have been resolved.

Hayley M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Makes remote work simple

I work from home, and have had exactly zero problems with RingCentral. It has been an optimal program, and even in this COVID-19 world, with all of the classrooms meeting digitally, we had no problems having our systems work.

Pros

I love that RingCentral has so many components included. Not only do I have a work number, but I can make and receive calls from any device I have installed it. I don't have to have a physical desk phone to be a professional. I can also take calls on the run, even though the customer dialed my "desk phone". I love that I can set up which number I'm using to call out (direct line, main line, or personal line) and I absolutely love the fact that I can text with this service. It comes in so handy!

Cons

I stated in the pros that I love all of the different components. My only complaint would be that they are all seperate apps/programs. We use RingCentral Phone and RingCentral Meetings, but it would be nice if there was a dashboard that had all of that in one screen.