Skype Reviews

4.33/5 (4,878 reviews)

Brian Jones

Skype - Essential Quick Communication

Reviewed 2018-11-19

Super helpful to connect with associates in a moment, love the integration with Outlook!I work in a call center with about 150 agents active at any given time. Using Skype is the perfect way to answer in the moment questions for agents, reach out to other agents or supervisors to meet, set up specialized chat rooms, and more. I am part of a training team, and using Skype I can broadcast my screen easily with agents for virtual training (we have work-from-home agents). In addition, all agents are seamlessly linked across Outlook and Skype - the name doesn't change, so I don't have to figure out if I am talking to the 'right' person if I already know their email. Speaking of, employee search on Skype is huge. In a second I can search for any user and see if they are online/offline, away from desk (and for how long), or have set up an out-of-office message. Really helpful when trying to see if someone already left for the day or if they would be at their desk (our Skype shows inactive if you don't move your mouse for 5 minutes or if you lock your computer). Chat rooms help organize us into teams. Supervisors have authorization to create team-only chat rooms and easily manage these.

Erica Walters

Superb software for business dealing.

Reviewed 2018-11-04

Outstanding software through which we can arrange conferences , meetings via live high quality video calls and much more. If I talk about the business benefits there will be uncountable words. It has been a part of my life using Skype for business in daily routines and having great services by this outstanding program.In my opinion it is an excellent application. Most frequently use by a large number of people for connecting with teams or clients living at distant places. One can have access to Skype easily. Easy to download, install and use. It gives us a nice platform for keeping meetings with a number of people at the same time. Its video calling is the one of the powerful feature and that is most important for everyone. It allows us to share our screen with others in order to share our data or private information that we do not want to share in soft copy. For the project management it shows there is nothing except this software.

Amanda Adams

Skype for business brings bundle of benefits for its users.

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-11-02

Overall experience with Skype is amazing. It gives us bundle of benefits and they are appreciable. It provides us to arrange online meetings instead of having a physical meeting. Its Screen sharing feature is one of the great features I have ever used. I am completely satisfied with this productSkype for business is wonderful collaboration platform. That is the platform where business gets benefits, when it lets the expenditures reduce and provides its services. Skype is the one of the amazing and useful product of Microsoft. As a result of using this software I got to know it is not only provides services of calling, massaging, sharing etc. But also lets the user achieve his working goals. I really like to use it's all the features and functions they are nicely developed and very easy to learn. There are many things those I like about Skype like video calling and its being high quality and strong. It is also great that this product allows connecting two hundred plus people at the same time. It is an advance and positive platform for everyone. Not even software is great its customer support is also professional and responsive.

Shayne Holloway

The Bottom Line

Reviewed 2018-10-30

THE BOTTOM LINE: Skype For Business is a revolutionary application that encompasses of conferencing tools, chat clients, remote access, etc that can take care of all your communication needs. NOTE: If you're looking for a full-fledged VoIP service, you may want to look elsewhere. One of the most outstanding feature of "Skype For Business" is that it supports up to 250 attendees in a meeting. However, here are some of the other Pros that I would like to mention:- 1) NO DISTURBANCES: Skype facilitates an easy integration with Outlook and Outlook Calendar. This makes it easy for an individual to accept an invitation to a meeting. Okay, here's my point - Skype will acknowledge your calendar data and will change your status to "in a meeting". This will get ride of any disturbances caused by side chats or notifications. 2) IT REPLACES TEAM VIEWER: Okay, maybe team view has other features that Skype doesn't at the moment. But Skype certainly gets the basics done when it comes to "remote connectivity". Within Skype's bundle of features is a great tool that helps you connect with an individual, take control of their system (temporarily) and show them how things are done. 3) AUDIO & VIDEO CALLS: I've got to admit, when I first started using Skype For Business (quite a long time ago), I was dissuaded by the poor call quality. However, things have changed! Now-a-days, Skype can facilitate high-quality audio/video calls.

Joel Macasero

PERFECT AND USEFUL for Communication Software

Reviewed 2018-10-12
Review Source: Software Advice

It's arguably the most important collaboration tool we have in the company over the years of working here. It increased the efficiency of every employees and the ability to reach our co-workers in different countries and offices.COUNTLESS BENEFITS of using Skype for Business. It helps me communicate more easily and be closer to clients and seniors as well. I can say it is a PERFECT and USEFUL communication software and it is for all sizes of business as well as industries. I've been using it for years now, and I have no regrets of using Skype for Business. It EASY TO USE for arranging meetings and conferences over the Skype. Its features are remarkable. Functions are Great. 1) Video and Audio is so clear, and allows me to talk at the same time with more than 200 persons, although my meetings are not as big as its features, what I am saying here is it can be used by big organizations. 2) Allows me to share my screen with my colleagues in other offices to show them the program I am working on, so they could help me if I'm stuck as well. It's a PERFECT Business IM solution that allows everyone to remain efficient by not having to pick-up the phone or send e-mail for basic questions.

Nathan Roberts

Robust Collaboration Platform

Reviewed 2018-09-03

Skype for Business compensates for email's biggest failure: conversation, and especially, quick conversation, whether it's chat, voice, or video. Mostly we use it to have quick conversations via chat and that has largely replaced phone calls and texting in our office. Why is this important? Because the Skype for Business messages follow you, getting to you wherever you are without any extra effort or configuration on your part.Skype for Business fits neatly into the rest of the Office 365 stable. Update your presence in Skype for Business, and it shows in Outlook (desktop and web), on the Office 365 browser toolbar, in Delve, etc. I like how easy it is to have a quick chat with a single person, then bring in other participants as needed. Or how easy it is to move from a chat to a video call, or to share your screen when talking, or to share a file while chatting--all without leaving the Skype for Business app. Skype for Business makes it really simple to manage contacts, allowing you to create favorites for those you collaborate with frequently and create groups of contacts for when you want to group chat. I love how easy Skype for Business makes it to start an impromptu meeting, too. The real plus for me, though, is the way Microsoft has threaded Skype through the Office 365 platform, so you're not tied to the desktop or smartphone app to get notifications and conduct conversation. And if you miss a message? No problem, as it's archived in your conversation history in Outlook (and Skype for Business sends you an email with missed conversations, too).

Jasmine Robinson

Decent, useful and easy to use communication software.

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-08-29

The benefits I have realized after using Skype they are countless, but I would like to say it helps me to get closer of my clients and keeps me closer to my seniors as well. Overall for me it is a blessing.I have been using Skype for business for 3 years. It has been a perfect and useful communication software for all sizes of businesses and for all industries. It is an office platform by itself. When I started using it made easier to arrange meetings and conferences over the Skype and currently its advance features and functions are remarkable. I like the way the team of Skype enhance this great software. There are many features of Skype for business those I like to use, some of them are here: 1. Video and audio calling feature which allows me to talk at the same time with more than 200 persons. My meetings are not as big as its feature allows to use its advance system, so it can be used by big organizations. 2. Most important thing about Skype Its Audio and video recording that is completely secure and a fantastic feature which can save our meetings or conferences and helps in remembering the forgotten stuff. 3. This software let me use side conversation while doing meetings. I can easily have conversation with any person I want to do. This is one of the great feature which I love to use. 4. It allows me to share screen and programs which is very convenient and supportive feature for helping each other and sharing our files with other just via screen. 5. It is easy to use for everyone. It has advance featuring but that is not difficult to use. A new user can easily learn using it by using two to three times.

Miguel Calvo

Old fashioned software, a new concept we needed.

Reviewed 2018-08-27

Skype for Business is a great tool, it is still very new (I believe the first version was launched in 2015), with a few enhancement in the Voice over Internet Protocols and Internet Speed quality optimization I believe it could become the leading software in terms of Enterprise Communication. Skype for Business is not far from regular Skype in terms of it's cores functionalities, although, it offers the extra tools needed for a proper operating remote office, but it is still useful for a traditional office environment, specially if you have a big organization. It is easy and familiar to use if you were a Skype user. Some of the most important enhancements added that are not in regular Skype are: 1.- Organize a multitude of contact information of employees within the organization, making it accessible for anyone joining the company easily. 2.- Video and Audio recording: This one is very useful, specially if someone misses a meeting or if you would like to skip doing the same conference over and over again. 3.- Video and Audio calls with more than 200 people at the same time. My law firm is not that big! But I assume this can be quite useful for bigger organizations. 4.- It is fully integrated with Outlook and Outlook Calendar, this interconnection is rather useful in terms of meetings, it brings up reminders, and it also automatically changes your status to 'In a Meeting', when there is one scheduled, also blocking any annoying notifications you might have during the call. 5.- It comes in a bundle with Office 360, which comes with all the essential tools for an office oriented company running on PC platforms.

Francisco Mendoza

This is a great tool for organizational communication

Reviewed 2018-08-16

it improved a lot the way I can communicate with the business, as an individual who works with global clients where communication is critical for the business, this toll is a great solution. initially its very similar to the Hotmail messenger that thousands of people are used to, its simple to use very intuitive, you can create list of contacts and groups, but also it allows you to search by name, orgchart or any other field in your active directory or ldap books. there is a mobile version that allows you to been connected while not in your desk, and if you miss a message you receive an email indicating that you have pending communications with somebody. there is also a functionality for creating room group chats and instant meetings. I also use a lot the IP/Phone functionality and have call forward to my mobile in case that somebody call me when I'm not online, so I don't miss any phone call, it syncs very smooth with your mobile phone directory so also allows you to search in your contacts to place calls from your mobile phone by using you ip phone avoiding the costs of your phone company, to me this comes very handy due to the number of international calls I make, so helps me to save money in that matter.

Cesar Clemente

It is a tool that allows the possibility of effective communication

Reviewed 2018-07-30

The communications offered by this tool allows users to remain united to a work network that facilitates institutional interaction through video calls and chat to coordinate and implement the tasks of the organization Skype for Business, allows access and communications to people who are related to work but for physical reasons are not in one place or very dynamic organizations where people have some freedom of action in their work, traveling from one place to another. Another, the interesting thing about this tool is that, because of its simplicity, it facilitates interpersonal communications, either from interest groups, from positive things, in addition to real-time video calls, documents that can be shared between users can be attached. that are part of a local network of joint work or people invited to participate in the video conferences, other of the crucial tools of this software is that video calls can be recorded, generating records of each opinion or activity made through the program, we must highlight the button of events and its versatility since it allows to create an itinerary that is visible to all aggregates that interact with a specific user.

Stever Jose Gonzalez Marquez

easy communication with colleagues, clients and family members inside and outside the organization

Reviewed 2018-07-10

saving in time and money of the company for communications and teamwork. In the company we have it configured with the telephone exchange and we ask for portability to communicate from anywhere in the world at local cost, which gives us a savings in long distance call costs when we travel. That the Skype client for the cell phone is totally free and its operation is the same as that of the notebook. In addition, the federation is active, which makes it easier for us to communicate with our suppliers and customers who have Skype for companies or staff, and we can add our contacts to family and friends who use personal Skype. The capacity of people added to a conference or video call is very facilitating to give courses, seminars and hold meetings of projects at a distance. Being able to work remotely reduces personnel travel expenses by a high percentage. The look and feel of the Skype client makes it intuitive and does not need a course for its use. Last but not least, the integration with all Office 365 products makes Skype bring us closer to our collaborators when editing a document, writing an email or in the process of assigning tasks in a project.

Jimmy Martínez Moran

The Best Software All-in-One for Communicating via Chat, Voice and Video Calls for your Bussiness.

Reviewed 2018-06-13

-Good Quality of Voice and Video on the calls. -Up to 250 participants can join the same meeting. -You can schedule your meetings with coworkers in your agenda very easily on Outlook, when the meeting it's about to start you get notified by email. -Easy to setup a video conference for non technical Users. -Easy to for sharing content files between your contacts. -No need for a desktop client installed on your machine, you can use Skype directly on your browser. -You can record the video calls in High Definition. -For presentation meetings it has a built-in option where a host of the meeting can for share and display a PowerPoint presentations between the participants, also has the hability to make a participant into a host. -You can see the status (available, busy, in a meeting) of all your contacts before contacting them. -Perfect Integration with Office 365 and Outlook calendar, it makes it easy for you if you accept or decline a meeting invitation. -You can choose several status, if you are busy you can choose "busy" and you won't get disturbed by side chats or notifications. -We use it organization-wide so I can contact a colleague when they may be on the phone or in a meeting. -Allowing side conversations during meetings and calls -You can share your desktop view or a program with coworkers. -For Conference meetings you can use a Whiteboard option for transmiting better your ideas. -In meetings you can create Polls or Q & A with your participants.

Anonymous

Simple integration with Outlook but the recent conversations list gets a little messy.

Reviewed 2018-04-30

It generally saves time when trying to contact co-workers who work in different countries. While I don't deal with the finances, I believe this will also save the money associated with long distance calls as well.Having used this software for over a year I must say that it has made communication across countries much easier. As long as a person is within your organization (company email address) you can message/call them quite easily. No need to search for them, then add them, wait them them to accept etc. However favorites can be added for quick chats or calls. My favorite feature is the integration with Outlook. While sending an email to a colleague I can see by their status if they are busy, available , away or on a call. It also sets up automatic links for meeting invites you create with the invitation for others to meet online. Invitations can also be sent to persons who do not have a company email address through the use of a generated link to the meeting room. Even though it's made by Microsoft, it installs fairly easily on Mac and mobile devices and tablets. You can literally take your meetings anywhere! It of course includes the usual features such as files sharing, screen sharing, and histories across devices.

alfredo roldan

Skype Empresarial allows me to chat and communicate with my colleagues in a fun and professional way

Reviewed 2018-03-13

It is a great improvement on the previous communication tool that was used, but it is by no means perfect. I like that you also have a mobile application for when it is not quickly available on your desktop, and that it also allows calls and file transfers. The user interface is very intuitive, which makes the software very easy to use. Skype for Business is the best communication software for your daily work. It literally allows me to work from home, while traveling or in the office. The user interface is very intuitive, which makes the software very easy to use. Skype for Business (Lync) is, by far, the best communication software for your daily work. It literally allows me to work from home, while traveling or in the office. It is integrated directly into the Office 365 suite of applications and inserts practical actions automatically; for example, you can directly initiate an invitation to a meeting with Skype dial-up details from Outlook.The best and most applicable part of Skype for Business is the conversation / chat function. In a fast-paced environment, it is much more informal and easier to use compared to email or picking up the phone. It is also good to see the status of my colleagues and if they are at your desk, in a meeting, or are available to call or chat. The interface is easy to use and I like the size of the window, since it is automatically loaded. It is not necessary for the window to be full screen, but it is not too small to interfere with other

Sam Nichols

Making the World Smaller (in a Good Way)

Reviewed 2018-02-22

Through talking to the CEO of an aerospace startup on Skype, I was able to land a job with a huge salary and a percentage in the company that could turn me into a multi-millionaire (and possibly billionaire). All because I was able to talk to someone from another country who needed a web developer for his startup.As a founding member of a startup with scientists and engineers all across the world, it's important that we have software that allows group meetings and simple file transfer. Typically connectivity is great, with a strong internet connection, and the sound quality is often much better than phone calls (though obviously not as good as in-person meetings). We often transfer files, so that feature is great, and I love that we can screenshare with each other during a call and go over our website and marketing materials together.

J. Alex Miller

Efficient and fun messaging app for office communications

Reviewed 2017-11-16

I use this program on a daily basis and find that Skype for Business' emoji's are becoming one of the most common methods of communication for my colleagues. Our edition of Skype for Business includes over 40 emoji's, with the majority of them animated. A quick, "thumbs up" often feels like the right response to a quick office survey or invitation, while the bowing emoji may be the way you wish to say, "you're welcome." The wide range of emoji's are both entertaining and effective for a wide variety of professional and casual text-based communications. The video-based communication feature performs flawlessly on my office's 3-year old operating system and easily supports presentations visible to large groups. I have personally attended a presentation with over fifty individuals in attendance without too much of an issue. This feature also worked well with office headsets and allowed the use of the mute and volume buttons via the headset volume controls. The group text feature is one of the most commonly used features within our office, where multiple users can click and drag content into the text message space to quickly share it with the group. Overall, my office has been very pleased with the ease of use and humorous capabilities of all these features.

A business Messenger !

Reviewed 2018-11-05

Skype has allowed me to feel much more connected, I've had a really good experience with this software, in spite of some little issues when transferring files. The instant message is great, you save a lot of time when talking with coworkers in other countries, you got multiple options, video chats also phone calls, we are able to see presentations on real-time from any place. In general terms, it works great and it fulfills every communication task in the corporative environment.Is a simplified version of the Skype app that we already know that it also adds some of the old features of windows live messenger. Skype for business incorporates instant messages that you can also combine with office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. It syncs with the contacts based on Microsoft Outlook. You can schedule and synchronize your meetings with outlook. With a very friendly interface, skype for Bussiness integrates online meetings, voice mail, file transfers, video conferencing.

Anonymous

Skype adds value to my suite of communication tools.

Reviewed 2018-08-07

I use Skype in conjunction with a few other communication tools for contacting members of my department, spread throughout four cities in two countries. It's a great communication tool and provides good value for the cost. It's great for telecommuting and teleconferencing especially when we're all working at different time. It can be hard to find office space to fit the needed management and support staff members for a meeting; Skype offers a cost effective alternative.There's a lot to like about the design and layout, in both UI and UX terms. It's really easy to use on both Mac and PC, and the mobile app offers significant support. I also really enjoy the ability to hold large scale teleconference. I've used it to host meetings for approximately 100 people, but it's easily possible to exceed that amount and still have a good connection. I was also able to integrate this with Microsoft Outlook 2016 and other Office Suites Tools. It's also nice to be able to view statuses on both Skype and Outlook and send invitations. Also, these features are extras but it's nice to have emojis and cards available as well. It helps to add levity and indirect communication to conversations that typically are very literal and can be misinterpreted.

Mykea Johnson

Skype for Business is phenomenal

Reviewed 2018-05-02
Review Source: Software Advice

Skype for business is a great as A stand-alone communication tool but even better if you are using it within your organization structure along with Microsoft Suite. I have used this within some great companies and have found this to be a very effective communication tool. The fact that you can share relevant information as a team or within private messages makes it easy to track communication. If use with outlook it can back up conversations you have previously had or missed within outlook. When using a Skype thread you can go scroll back through the conversation to recap things that were said. You can also set appointment to your calendar, share important documents on the fly, and video chat if needed to share screens. Skype has worked wonders in our team ability to collaborate. We can see if you are online, busy, on a call, within a meeting, etc when contacting an employee. If sync with your phone, you can work with your team on the go.

Kristen King

Essential tool for collaboration with my remote team across multiple offices

Reviewed 2018-01-03

The ability to meet with my team "face to face" from 2,000 miles away is unbelievably valuable. We rely heavily on Skype for Business for our day-to-day operations. As a remote employee, it has allowed me to feel much more connected to my colleagues, my supervisor, and my direct reports. I would recommend it to anyone.Skype for business is extremely easy to use and generally very reliable. I supervise 3 staff remotely and work with nearly 100 others spread across 4 offices and 20 home offices, and we use Skype for Business constantly for team meetings, supervision conversations, real-time collaboration, etc. Using SfB has dramatically reduced our email traffic and increased our productivity and efficiency.

sayed mansour

Skype for meetings and quick connections

Reviewed 2018-12-10

I have read a lot about the benefits of Skype Business but after using this application discovered more advantages than I have read it is really advantages and countless and some of the disadvantages that exist, it is very few for the applications laid out and the same work done from the personal opinion that there is no competitor to Skype BusinessIf you are running a large, medium or even small organization, it is better and easier to use a video chat or voice chat service. You should use Skype for Business, which is the best for businesses and companies. This application is used in the work of video or audio meetings between two individuals or a group of employees in the company and you can use it to communicate with your company employees in its branches in different countries of the world. The manager of the organization can make a meeting in the same place between more than one official and in the meeting room equipped with a computer of large size such as Surface Hub dedicated to display business data and statistics to help them in their discussion and more accurate views as well as the use of Skype for Business and to communicate with heads Affiliates or corporate officers in other countries and all this through Skype Business for time and travel Best for group video calls Two of the best quality Skype video calls are constantly being developed by the company The application interface allows you to make comfortable conversations that you can easily manage, control and exchange views with more than one party at the same time Exchange of files and data is very easy between employees and you can send one file to all participants in the conversation and the participation of digital data and provide the outcome of the meeting at the same time can be shared in a single conversation up to 250 people Skype Business

Tanmay Karande

Easily available, Widely Accepted tool to communicate with all

Reviewed 2018-08-01

helped in constant communication and staying in touch with Colleges and friends - file transfer - effective communication Skype helped me to stay in touch with all since past 2+ years the best part of skype which i liked were 1. Can be configured as per the business requirements 2. Availability of lot of emojis and Emoticons which makes the conversation intresting 3. Lot of interesting bots to kill time 4. Can transfer files seamlessly 5. Compatible and configurable for Mobile phones as well, Works well on phones as well. 6. Video conferencing is very simple to use 7. Can record video calls 8 . Gets quickly integrated to outlook 9. Most people are already introduced to skype thus no need to provide inputs for using skype. 10. can be used to have conversation with people outside organisation. 11. Cost effective 12. availability on all OS 13. Consumes less space 14. Group chat is extremely useful

Kristi Jackson

Most authentic application for collaboration.

Reviewed 2018-11-09

There are lots of the benefits are being received by using Skype for business. We can plan online meetings by just using this application. We do not have to arrange physical meetings those require much time of traveling and also ask for a big amount of expenses. It gives us a platform where we can work efficiently. Skype has proved that it is no less than matchless application.There are several collaboration software but they are not as perfect as Skype is. I have been using this application since it was launched. It is mind blowing product of Microsoft that allows me to connect with many persons at the same time and provides the best quality services. I love its video, audio calling, audio voice messaging, screen sharing, messaging etc. Skype has god grip on all the features and functions. I love the way they have developed their application in order to provide more comforts to us. well these were the things that made me satisfied user of Skype.

Jinendra Deshmane

S4B

Reviewed 2018-11-01

Help of S4B we have managed conference call with client. its very helpful to co-ordinate with employee who not present in office- i mean if employee work from home you can communicate him / her via S4B. its very easy installation process but time consuming. overall i have very good experience with using this product. i really recommended to use this product specially business environment. Skype for Business is one of the most important service from Microsoft office 365. S4B its very user friendly and easy to access, with the help of S4B you can communicate with your company network team member even you can communicate out of the organization people as well. there is chatting, screen sharing, Voice Call & video call even conferencing call features available. for organization level its very effective & important product. overall Call quality is very very good- Voice call As well Video call. if you re troubleshooting something then you can take S4B call and help of screen sharing you can easily solved & troubleshoot the problem. you can set the meeting, send meeting invitation on S4B.

Muneeba Feroze

Great Communication Tool

Reviewed 2018-01-08

Skype for business is perhaps the best video chat and messaging tool that enables professionals around the world to communicate with each other. This is the perfect software for companies which have multiple offices across multiple locations. Even when I'm traveling, I am always in touch with my colleagues in my office so I am full aware of the things happening in my absence. Through the instant messaging feature, I am also able to send "beeps" or "pokes" to someone who's reply is needed urgently. I can even share my screen so I can even make presentations if I'm away. A very important tool in business lifeSkype business allows to organize your contacts under custom categories Integrates with Outlook Makes screen sharing with huge groups really easy setup very similar to regular skype. Status updates are also a big plus so we can know if people are in meetings or not Skype is one of the cheapest VoIP services available, offering subscriptions with unlimited minutes. A Safe and Secure Product by Microsoft Can save out on a lot of expenses using video calls while traveling A MUST have product by corporates Makes communication very easy The instant messaging app is quite useful Files, media and documents could be sent easily and quickly