Appcues Reviews

Pros

Appcues does a great job of making their tool accessible. I love being able to build flows inside my app, it helps me step into my users' shoes.

Ashley G.

Amazing, the support we get is great, The rep is always there to offer us help when we need it.

Donna B.

I really like that its easy and intuitive to use. I generally do not need any user documentation or help when creating, and that is always a good thing for me.

Steven F.

Cons

It's missing a way to easily analyse your data and to see where your users drop off (only available through third-party integration).

Martin L.

The segmentation settings can be a bit confusing at times.

Julie N.

4.8

AppCues is a leader and an Innovator

Transcript

Brandon G.: Hi, my name is Brandon. I'm a tech support specialist, and I give AppCues five stars out...

Help Your Customers Adopt Your Platform Quicker!

Appcues has been great for efficiently communicating to current customers about new features, updates or issues with our platform being down. We've enjoyed using it so far, but need to take better advantage of all the ways it can be implemented by different departments. We have found that our users' interaction with Appcues has been fairly lower than we'd like, but look to improve the adoption.

Pros

Appcues easily allows us to add in-app messaging to our customers for onboarding, new feature announcements, outage reporting and surveys/feedback. Their interface lays over our app, so we can add various flows and cues without having to bug (pun intended) our engineering team. There's some great reporting features and a good amount of customization through their API and their new integration with Salesforce.

Cons

The tool can be a bit buggy at times. If I'm working on a flow, sometimes it won't save my work or may get stuck, so I'll have to refresh the flow builder and pickup where I left off. Also, I can understand how it's challenging to build a UI to do what they do, but I do think there could be some improvements without their builder that would make it a bit more intuitive. I was also very surprised that Appcues didn't use their own product for walking a new user through using their flow builder.

So glad I convinced the boss to pay for this

We're using it to provide a far better onboarding experience for new users. It's been great so far and we're excited as we're two months in and haven't really scratched the surface of what's possible with Appcues.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use, the interface is nice and simple - they've prioritised this over just making it look impressive. It doesn't take much time to build impressive and effective experiences for customers. Best of all it allows me to provide the right assistance to my customers at the right time.

Cons

The installation is difficult/impossible without the intervention of a developer. It seems to be a very 'American' business in that there's an assumption that creating experiences in English is enough for most people, support for multilingual flows/checklists/NPS is an enterprise feature - which I find bizarre.

Appcues for user onboarding

Overall we are pretty happy with our experience using Appcues.

Pros

The ease of use of the campaign editor, allows our marketing team to create content when new features are released, the tools to track the success of the campaign and measure customer engagement.

Cons

We experienced a couple of technical setbacks with the product. Thankfully the support team helped us resolve them fast.

Great tool for building in-app tutorials

It was a good tool, with great support all around. We needed more analytics into our users built in natively. I would recommend anyone who simply needs a few guides created in their app to check them out!

Pros

I liked that they made it very easy for a non-developer to build and release guides in our app. This saved us time and energy in the dev department, which is invaluable.

Cons

They used a chrome extension as the builder to create the guides, which could be a bit finicky. At the same time, it gave them the ability to update and make fixes very quickly. I also didn't like that we had to integrate with a third party to get deeper analytics about our users.

Appcues = Game Changer

We initially used Appcues to support a freemium period we offered to all of our customers, as well as, a beta period that was targeted to a small subset of customers. From those two use cases, we saw immediate increase in engagement as well as a reduction in support tickets. We also include Appcues in our customer support process in which we analyze the common requests and design a self-service component to help deflect related tickets. We've seen between 20 - 40% reduction in support tickets in the related areas!

Pros

Appcues' simple and intuitive design makes it easy to implement and use! We were able to get up and running quickly, with little support and immediate saw results. The Appcues team is super helpful, outgoing and committed to each customer's success.

Cons

I don't dislike anything about Appcues. The product could use some enhancements to expand its functionality, such as: adding a scheduling tool, more criteria for establishing / tracking goals, and easier integration with APIs.

Appcues allows our Marketing team to accomplish more than ever before.

Our Marketing team previously had to rely on developers to implement models or flows that would allow us to help engage our customers further by either activating them on unused features or highlighting product improvements. With Appcues, we are now able to improve customer engagement as well as create further messaging around new offers or opportunities to improve their experience within our app.

Pros

Appcues' Chrome extension is far and above one of it's most useful features. We are able to construct and visualize flows where it matters, within our app. Being able to quickly enable and disable it makes a huge difference in our workflow.

Cons

Occasionally, the Chrome extension can be buggy. This has led to some frustrating moments or awkward presentations where I've struggled to get the app to behave. Overall, this hasn't been a large blocker to seeing success with the app.

Great for quick and easy in-app communication with users.

It's been a fun app to learn, and the access it allows to our users is amazing!

Pros

It's an extremely powerful set of tools to message our users without relying on engineering changes.

Cons

The learning curve for me has been steep. I wish there were branching logic based on whether certain page elements appear or even the ability for flows to skip steps if a page element required for that step is absent.

Very happy with Appcues

Very happy with my experience. The team we worked with was great and very informative/helpful.

Pros

Easy to get started and easy to edit along the way. You're not stuck with anything you create and can continually inetrate based on user interactions with your product.

Cons

Difficult to use the checklist due to changing URLs within an application.

Increased digital adaption - and reduced support calls

Excellent way to have low or no-touch onboarding of new customers. Experienced a quick uptick in customers who see the value of our product much faster and ultimately keep renewing their subscriptions. Also, seen ROI in reduced support tickets.

Pros

We use AppCues to help on-board new customers and essentially walk them through their account setup. We've seen a major increase in customers getting up and running much faster on their own. This has reduced the load on our account managers and tech support who previously spent much of their time doing live on-boarding wit new customers - sometimes multiple times per customer when customer had multiple uses who each had different questions at different times.

Cons

The onboarding of AppCues itself was difficult. It took me a lot of sessions with the AppCues staff to get it setup properly on our site. The tool is so robust that I frequently found myself down rabbit holes just trying to get one element set up. They did offer a lot of live support - but I wish it was more intuitive and easy to use on my own.

LOVE Appcues!

We have been using Appcues to deliver our new release announcements. Being a fast growing software company, we release features usually every week or every other week. It is extremely important we keep all our clients informed and up to speed on the platform's most recent capabilities. We need to be able to easily and quickly inform people of these releases in-app and with context. Appcues has allowed us to ensure people are in the know at all times.

Pros

Appcues is a great tool. It is extremely user-friendly, allowing you to create impactful flows that help deliver messages, info and helpful tips directly to your customers. The people at Appcues have been amazing since day 1, always checking in to ensure we found success with their product. I have nothing but good thing to say about Appcues!

Cons

There are one or two UX improvements I would make but overall I can't say there is much I dislike!

Great Onboarding Solution

Pros

We discovered AppCues after making the decision to go with a third-party onboarding software instead of writing it ourselves. This gave us more flexibility in terms of who could control and publish the content (it did not have to be someone on the dev side). We did have some dev and UX involvement initially, but we are pretty much up and running independently now that we have some published flows under...

Cons

Would be great if they offered an "opt-out" or unsubscribe option. I do worry about users getting annoyed of seeing certain message groups, like training notifications, etc. It would also be great to have a better format for exports, especially when survey results are involved. Right now they are dumped to an excel spreadsheet which we can further manipulate, but it would be great if it were quicker and easier to get to that data.

Appcues is an easy and powerful tool for in system guidance

It provides a great way of guiding users in the system, about almost anything. With the exception of sending new data through, actually setting up new flows and in system guidance can be done by product or customer success, with no further dev effort needed.

Pros

Appcues is great, offering a simple, effective and easily set-up method to provide in-system guidance and advice. While some small developer effort is required to ensure that Appcues has the data on which you want to base showing cues, the flexibilty of the flows and the granularity with which you can control who seems them is fantastic.

Cons

That it requires any developer effort. But the amount is minimised. You're not going to get away with a highly configurable solution that doesn't require some data to be sent to customise it. And getting data out. It's limited to relatively basic exports. This is particularly annoying when it comes to surveys done through Appcues.

Easy to use, fast results!

We have used Appcues in a couple of different ways. We have used it to simply support the launch of a new solution or an enhancement, to provide targeted support during beta testing, and to provide reminders and updates to users. We have barely scratched the surface, and eve have plans to create a "choose your own adventure" set of flows, that allows users to select the amount of detail in a walk through based on their comfort level with our applications. We have seen amazing results in the impact on tickets coming into our Customer Support team.

Pros

In my time using Appcues, it has been incredibly intuitive to use. From creating my first "test" flow, to designing more complex groups of flows that adjust based on user selections, it has been a breeze to use. It is also incredibly versatile when it comes to personalizing and targeting flows to specific groups of use.

Cons

One pain point that I have experienced is in the way Appcues interacts with our site. On many pages, users open and close windows without actually navigating away from a specific URL. This can make it tricky to guide users through processes that require the opening or closing of windows and menus. There are workarounds, such as stringing different flows together, but it does make the build experience a little more time consuming and difficult.

My loyalty level is: Appcues lover

Our products have complex onboardings and learning processes. Appcues helps us improve this problem and generate more engagement with our users. In addition to that, it allows us to make specific communications about updates, or relevant information in a simple way. We also measure the NPS through Appcues and this allows us to improve the quality of our experience and products.

Pros

It is very friendly to use. It has everything I need to create and resolve communications within our products. It also allows me to view metrics in a simple way and then export them. And the best thing is that they have the best customer service.

Cons

I honestly have not had any problems. And whenever I have needed something, customer support is present.

Easy for customers and organizations!

Very pleasurable experience with learning to use the product and sharing it with our customers, to using the help desk, and getting help from support persons.

Pros

Appcues has been a great resource to our organization in engaging and teaching our customers! It has helped to grow our product adoption metrics and the new improvements make it easy for us to create campaigns on the fly!

Cons

In the beginning, there were features that were missing such as highlighting options and segmentation, but they have continuously improved the product over time.

An easy way to communicate with users of your platform/ website.

Instead of having to constantly keep lists of users up-to-date and wait until our monthly newsletter to fill users in on news, we can now reach out to them instantly with very little effort needed. This platform is used by both our product owners and marketing team so that we can make sure we always give the right information. It's also super handy when you have a system outage or maintenance to schedule- you can send out an instant alert so that our support team isn't stuck having to respond to the same email over and over again.

Pros

We've been looking for a similar solution for years that we could put onto our platform to notify users of updates, issues and changes. We thought we'd need our dev team to develop something on the website, which would take a long period time, but then we found Appcues. It's really changed the way in which we communicate with candidates. We no longer have to send formal emails, but can now send quick and instant alerts.

Cons

Honestly, I love this technology. I am yet to fault anything. As a not-so-tech-savy person, it's really intuitive.

Great Onboarding and Feature Adoption Tool

Appcues has come in hugely instrumental during our first and second quarter this year, both from a planning and execution standpoint. We became Appcues customers towards end of Feb, 2019 and by March we had launched our first big initiative with a team as lean as 2 and half people. Since then, we have been able to launch 2 additional initiatives. Both of which have created great awareness within our...

Pros

1) The Ease of building and launching 2) Can execute with a lean team 3) Has a great customer success and support team that you can rely on

Cons

I would like a more indepth analytical Insights displayed within the Appcues UI itself. Currently we get a high-level view within Appcues and for a more detailed view, we require to download a .csv or excel file which is a bit cumbersome. Additionally, Appcues isn't optimized for localization and that is something we would love to have as we are in the global market space.

Appcues has revolutionized the way that we do onboarding. We have seen a ton of success using it!

Support tickets from first-time users have been almost eliminated as a result of using Appcues. This saves our company time and energy. We're able to educate users quickly and efficiently without annoying them with obnoxious additional registrations or blank fields to populate.

Pros

Appcues is amazingly well designed for any user. It's intuitive and simple to set up. It's data and record keeping make it a breeze to maintain and manage. Their customer success team is very friendly and truly desires to see your business succeed. By using Appcues, we've almost completely eliminated new user support inquiries. It provides us a way to proactively communicate how to use our software and where to begin.

Cons

Software updates are sometimes poorly communicated. But they're quick to educate and catch you up to speed when you're in need!

One of the greatests

Pros

Its simplicity and, at the same time, how deep we can go at user onboarding and flow buildings.

Cons

I'm missing a couple of features, like the possibility of event attributes usage in segmentation, but they're always supportive and try to work out for solutions.

User onboarding made easy with Appcues

Appcues has been nothing but a pleasure to work with. The continue to add features, analytics, and tools to help augment the process of onboarding new users into our web applications.

Pros

Appcues lets you implement user onboarding features (i.e. help tooltips, feature tours, announcements, etc.) into your application, on-the-fly, without the need to implement those features directly into your code, thus no dev, QA, to prod traversal. Simply open the Appcues console, create a new appcue (e.g. modal, tooltip, etc.) or modify an existing one, choose where to deploy it to, and you're done.

Cons

There's very little NOT to like about Appcues, but the fact that you're relying on a 3rd party is about the only thing that I don't like, but that's a very VERY small price to pay in order to implement user onboarding features.

Build Beautiful In-app Tours, without Coding!

We've enjoyed using Appcues and learning from their wealth of companion resources, especially the Onboarding Academy. We've become a better team and been forced to think more about our customers' viewpoints and experience. Appcues support and their Customer Success reps are also knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. The company is not only helpful, but fun as well!

Pros

Appcues is pretty easy to learn and use and very flexible and powerful. It's easy to customize for our tool and brand, and provides a way to onboard our users in a scalable way without taking up precious developer time.

Cons

It can be a little tricky to use, especially when we get into more complicated use cases. There are occasional bugs (although they are typically fixed quickly).

Great help

Pros

Great, great tool. Easy to use and very useful. Appcues makes our work much easier and helps us connect in a better way with our users. I highly recommend working with Appcues. Everything you need to do, will take just minutes.

Cons

No cons. It's great working with Appcues.

True Builders!

Lovely. I'm a fan!

Pros

How they reinvest into R & D. The product had blossomed over the last year and I'm really impressed how they build new features and improve the old ones. It's really easy to use and takes away the previous barriers between dev and our customer facing teams when it comes to announcing product changes.

Cons

They need some more work on integrations with Intercom. We had to figure out a hack to get proper NPS tags in Intercom.

10/10 for feature enhancements. These guys are always adding new stuff to make my messaging great.

Pros

Feature Updates - updates that add depth but keep ease of use are great. Everytime I log in I feel like I can do more, but the design/setup is very intuitive. Ease of Use (non-technical) - Super easy for my busy dev team to do the one time set up and I have been able to do the complete customization from there. Support is great - Help resources and the people that answer questions/reach out are really helpful I looked into a log of "app walk through" options at first, but this was definitely the best value and I am so pleasantly surprised how much the Appcues resources have helped me come up with new ideas to engage clients.

Cons

Cannot really think of any cons. Appcues lets you have custom events and fields, but its not the one click integration yet. The day I can just put in my Hubspot code and be able to automatically choose which fields/events I want to see will be amazing.

My experience with Appcues has been extremely positive, both in regards to the product and support.

Pros

Appcues makes it extremely easy to engage with customers. The variety of message types they offer, along with capabilities like personalized content and message flows (where you string together multiple messages to create a guided tour of your product) make it the best way I've found to welcome new users, announce new products, and encourage adoption of existing features. Beyond the product itself, I've been very impressed with the customer experience. Support is quick to respond and the product folks I've spoken with are very receptive to feedback. They also are constantly releasing updates and new features.

Cons

Honestly I have to get fairly nit picky here as the overall product is very strong. Reporting could be stronger, but I've seen improvements over the past few months and I would expect that to continue. I'd also like to see improvements to their integration with other vendors. Right now they have strong capabilities at exporting data from Appcues to other platforms, but like another reviewer mentioned, if I could configure an integration to upload event data that's been tagged using other platforms (so that I don't have to double-tag things), then it would take Appcues to the next level.