Bitly

Link management software for managing marketing campaigns

Bitly Reviews

Pros

My experience with Bitly has been very positive and pleasant so far. I would definitely recommend Bitly.

Ralph E.

Pleasant and quick to use - I love the ability to customise URLs and make them be in more plain language.

I like it, I definitely like that I can create a custom URL that is easy for people to remember and use. I think it has great integrations.

Karen H.

Cons

That was a bummer and I lost so many timings because I had to explain my client that I was "waiting for bit.ly to answer" - specially if you live abroad. Now, it seems that they changed this.

So Bitly shortens them to a few characters to avoid these problems.

Usman K.

But there is one thing more, if it only uses for short things, then it will devastate by itself.

muhammad a.

Fast & Easy

Transcript

Tanner S.: Hi, my name is Tanner and I am account executive in digital marketing. I would give Bitly...

Bitly is more than a weblink shortener

It's an immense pleasure for me to be a part of Bitly's platform. It's an intelligent tool and takes less time to shorten URLs. I am enjoying its features.

Pros

I always got frustrated to send someone a lengthy web link, and then I started using Bitly, which resolve this issue. Just paste your link on Bitly, and get it short. That's what I created using Bitly, but I found so many other cool features available on Bitly. It provides branded links and customization along with custom domain essentials as per the payment plan. Bitly supports companies shine by transforming their relations into authoritative tools for marketers and customer care units. Bitly also provides custom links, which replace 'Bitly' with our selected domain name, making our links constantly familiar across networks. It's a fantastic platform, which is essential for data and analytics for better brand management.

Cons

Bitly has a free version, but it has minimal features if someone wants to use all its features, comprehensive guidelines are required. Despite this, it works well.

Shorter the better

Excellent software tool. Simple, helpful, and a key tool for any savvy marketer.

Pros

We use bitly in all kinds of contexts. Putting long links in Youtube descriptions, for example, takes up way too much space, so using bitly is perfect--and a better experience for the user. We've also used it in the classroom when teaching and training. We give the students a bitly link on the white-board to go to for key online information or to review the training. Makes things easier for our clients and us!

Cons

The links seem to be case sensitive, which isn't made clear when you set the links up. Be aware of this when you create links people may need to type into their phone/laptop (like links you put on physical marketing materials). People will probably not type in the various capital letters you put in your link and your link may not work. All that said, it's very simple and works. And it's free!--for most of the basic stuff, anyway. Using "bitly" may not always be a great branding option for your link needs--but that's where the paid version will help you create branded links to your heart's content.

Intuitive URL Shortening Tool with Analytics

I use Bitly software to solve the business problem of shortening the product or category landing page links, tracking their clicks and eventually, use those insights to optimize customer experience and drive higher sales by reducing user experience or content issues. For example: if a customer engages with our voice assistant tool to shop and is not able to find a product on our website, we want to help that customer using an auto generated link to that product and track if clicking that link made that customer more satisfied. So, benefit of Bitly is it improves customer engagement through shortened landing page links and allows us to track their experience on our site. Hence, helping us improve ROI of our online business.

Pros

I use Bitly software to shorten product and category links which have Google Analytics tracking tags appended to them. So, when the marketing team includes those links in chatbot, customers see a shortened version of the links with the tags hidden. This strategy ensures links are user friendly. And at the same time, enabled for tracking so I can report on which link drove the most clicks as well as who those engaged customers were. Ultimately, using Bitly allows my marketing team to improve customer engagement and retarget those customers to drive higher conversions - a simple recipe for success. I also use Bitly analytics if for some reason Google Analytics UTM tags don't work. So, a nice backup plan.

Cons

Couple of Bitly features are needing improvement. First, the ability to customize the landing page website link I am trying to shorten and include in chatbot. So, instead of showing a random string of characters in the shortened link, I would like to show a name of the page title clarifying what product or category that page is about. I feel this feature would drive higher click-through rate from customers who see that custom link. Secondly, the ability to integrate Bitly click analytics with UTM session activity and customer id. So, I can see an end-to-end experience of customers from link click to landing to buying a product or researching it. These holistic insights would help my marketing team to improve design and content.

Great time saver!

Use to save time with students. It’s easy to display and cuts down on typo mistakes.

Pros

It makes getting my students into websites so much easier! I used to spend so much time trouble shooting mistyped words it would make me really question eve using websites with my students. Now they can get where I want them to be quickly and easily.

Cons

None. It took me too long to discover it. It is easy to use and easy to share the shortened sites.

The best and easiest for everyone and everywhere

Overall my experience with Gusto has been the best and enjoying, since when I was introduced to Gusto I no stress for the benefit issue.

Pros

Gusto is the best and recommended to employees who really want the easy payroll.

Cons

Gusto is chip as compared to others and the procedures are so easier.

Bitly My Review

My experience has been great and i know many who use this and it makes a huge difference in making it easy to shorten a URL.

Pros

Bitly makes it easy to short a URL and makes if easy for a faster search.

Cons

i think it should make it self more well known so people understand what it is and know that this isn't a scam or anything that could harm them.

A must-have tool for URL shortening and analytics

Overall, my experience with Bitly is great, as it is the main platform I use for shorten URL links. I am using the free account and the features offered on this version are very accessible and reliable. The value-for-money is just perfect and the possibility to customize links is indeed a must! The statistics and analytics offered by this very software are amazing and it is a great digital marketing tool. For these many reasons, Bitly has my confidence and I can easily recommend it to any individual.

Pros

What I like the most about Bitly is the possibility to customize shorten URLs and to track all the statistics and analytics of these very URLs, such as the source of the clicks, their timing and many more. Even with the free account, there are lot of features easily accessible on this software. Bitly is indeed an amazing digital marketing tool, if used properly.

Cons

What I like the least about this software is, in fact, the dashboard's layout: I consider it could be even more intuitive, accessible and easy to use. Another thing I would like to see implemented is the possibility to edit a link after it is published. Sometimes mistakes can happen and it would be great to solve them by just editing the shortened link. Other than that, I have no more negative points to mention about this very software.

An Amazing Tool for URL tracking and Shortening

I had a lot of benefits from Shortened links, campaigning is quite good, Shortened URLs attracts people. Whenever I try to promote my Content I use use Bitly Shortened links to share with Audience.

Pros

Bitly is best when it comes to URL shortening and tracking, i.e., you can covert Long links into short which you can even track, such as how many clicks are done on shortened link. This shortened Link in very useful. Traffic tracking tool is best. The interface is simple, anyone can understand it quickly and also Bitly website is easy to use. When is comes for URL maintenance Bitly is best to choose.

Cons

Some Websites and Applications don't accept Shortened links, here bitly might be not useful. I wanted few more analytic options such click rates, tables etc. Hope they will implement more feature into the website.

Track you links

I like it that it's simple and you can customize the link to whatever you want

Pros

You can do a lot of things in a very easy fashion, you don't need google analytics. of course you don't get the same amount of data but this is good enough to start with

Cons

It's very basic on the free option, but it solves the problem by showing you the metrics like clicks. if this is what yo uneed

Bigger isn't always better

Bit.ly has always been to my go to for URL shortening. It's quick and easy for shortening URLs but the real value is seamlessly tracking open rates with the convenient analytics dashboard. Highly suggest users check out that feature, if you haven't already.

Pros

I take annoyingly long gibberish URLs and make them into customizable, smaller URLS that allow me to track open rates.

Cons

The free version of the software allows you to do all of the basic needs for a URL shortener, but if you want customizable/ branded links you have to shell out $29 per month, which I feel is a bit steep. I'd be more inclined if they offered a customizable option with a bit.ly logo/link/banner included.

Bitly is the simple go-to for all your link-related needs

Besides working in the package/shipping industry from home, in my spare time, I do a lot of art and photography projects, with many other things in between. I love how I can use Bitly to shorten any link I need to use with the ease of just a couple of clicks. Bitly's simple, user-friendly software makes sharing things that are important to me, as well as profiting from links the easiest task of my day. They provide relevant, real-time analytics, enabling me to get the best statistics quickly and adapt accordingly. If you don't have a lot of time, or you consider yourself somewhat new to using software related to everything about links, I would definitely recommend trying Bitly's free plan to see how it can work for you.

Pros

What I enjoy the most about Bitly, is their pricing options. Bitly has subscription options available to meet anybody's needs. They have a variety of tools that come with each of their plans to help you succeed no matter what your needs are. With everything from a FREE subscription to a Basic plan, a Premium plan, or their conveniently customizable Enterprise plan, Bitly makes sure there are enough options available for everyone.

Cons

I was not too fond of the jump between their Basic plan and their Premium plan. The Basic plan they offer costs an affordable $29/month, securing a handful of great features. Then the price for a Premium plan jumps all the way up to $199/month! That is a huge spike in my opinion. You do get everything the Basic plan offers, plus advanced analytics, campaigns, UTM builder, mobile deep links, and the ability to integrate with 1k+ apps. Yes, this is a lot of great features. However, for the monthly price, the user must make sure that they're able to make a consistent and significant profit utilizing these tools.

More than a url shortener

The most intuitive URL shortener with deep analytics. A must have for anyone that manages social media accounts.

Pros

We've been using bit.ly since the very first days, when it was just a URL shortener. Since then we've been happy to see it add more features such as deep analytics. We've been using the FREE version for all our clients' social media accounts for the last 4 years.

Cons

The paid versions are a bit expensive. Also, sometimes it can get a bit irritating when the custom URL you want to use has already been taken. You cannot hold on to URLs for later use.

Probably the Most Popular URL Shortener

Pros

The most useful feature that I love about Bitly is that you customize the back half of the shortened URL even if you are using the free version of Bitly. The mobile app of Bitly is very easy to use too and very convenient to create links on the go. That is one cool thing about Bitly that a lot of these URL shorteners lack; URL shorteners hardly have dedicated mobile apps as Bitly does. Managing links on Bitly and filtering is very intuitive and makes sorting and navigating links really flexible. Bitly has a premium version to use custom domains for branding purposes, and redirection on Bitly's side is quite fast for the shortened links. The tracking and analytics feature is pretty solid and I always make use of it too.

Cons

I would love a feature that actually allows you to delete links that you no longer need, but I just can't seem to find that. You can only archive and hide links from the dashboard.

It's Become A Way of Life

I use Bitly constantly to shorten and personalize links for branding and aesthetic purposes. It's incredibly easy using their website, or a browser extension. A nice plus is the ability to track link activity, which helps us determine which links are performing well and how our content is flowing though the internet. We constantly suggest using Bitly to our customers and friends, and many of them do once they see how much better links can look.

Pros

When I first signed up years ago, all I wanted was easy link shortening. Links were becoming ridiculously long and absolutely hideous to share. Now, it's not just shortening, it's "Link Management." That's a much better description of what they do, because you have an analytics suite for your links. We love link-based tracking because we do lots of social media posts both for ourselves and our clients. In hand with Google Analytics, Bitly helps us determine which of our posts is most effective, and helps us tailor our message to our customers much more effectively.

Cons

Bitly's service is so simple, it's difficult to not like anything. They shorten links and give you analytics. If I had to ask for something, it would be more information about each click, but even that's pushing into privacy and tracking concerns. I think Bitly does a good job of giving you information about your links without being too invasive.

Best url management tool

We now shorten our long urls without problems, most importantly we shorten so many urls within minutes due to Bitly's bulk url management ability. We brand our urls and we get best analytics of the urls.

Pros

We shorten a bulk of urls with ease thereby avoiding breakage of the urls when we send them to clients. We also brand them to build trust in our customers that the links are legit. Bitly gives us all needed data according to what it gathers from the url visitors including their demographics and behavior on our website. Bitly also helps in campaign management that enables us to walk a client through the marketing process with ease.

Cons

Bitly has done the best so far and it satisfies our needs, only that it has weak privacy settings to control accessibility when working as a team.

My only one suggegted website for short any link

It was long time ago when I start my CPA and Affiliate marketing. that time I have to share my affiliate link to everywhere. but I can't share that, because many other sites block me, then I find this bitly. I start short my affiliate link with bitly and that I succeeded in my work. I can't get block any more to share my link. I share this more and more time. from that day I start use bitly. today I also fan of bitly.

Pros

I like their link shorten the process. and also there supporting option. when I short my link that link supports all site. so, I easily use my link in many sites. Bitly take short time to short any link. that's also good. there is no website who short very small link like bitly.

Cons

There is nothing to least about it. but if they give us some unique and different link for share that will be good. Some site did not support bitly link, so, that's it. overall bitly is my most favourite site to promote my link.

Your go to link shortening service!

Bitly is the best alternative to goo.gl that we have found. We have been using it regularly since over 2 years. I will surely recommend it to everyone. The free plan is mostly enough.

Pros

We used to have goo.gl as our link shortening service, and after its shut down, we moved over to Bitly. - Just put in your link and it will generate a new short link, its that easy. - Link customization! Its one of the best features of this service. - Top notch analytics provided by Bitly, organized and modern clean interface. - You can use your own short domain with Bitly, this is a very unique service that we surely will use in the near future.

Cons

There are a lot of limitations in the free plan. Even the basic plan is a little limiting. The cost is very high at $300 a month, the monthly Premium package is too expensive. There are often glitches here and there.

Bitly Review 2021

My overall experience is great. Bitly to me is the best when it comes to link shortening. Its analytical dashboard is great which helps me to track my link as well as the visitors.

Pros

Bitly software is a web-based software that helped me to shrink or shorten my long page or advertisement URL/link into a small readable link bearing Bitly domain name. Bitly has helped me a lot to prevent my link to be seen as a scam or harmful link. I used it in TikTok which always reject my link. After shortening my link and using bitly, the shorten link was accepted and I can easily promote my affiliate product. It is easy to use and can be integrated with many other products or software. It has link clicks analytical features which help me to know the number of people that clicked my link and their country.

Cons

Their customer service is poor, they need an instant response onsite chat channel/bot for instant reply. Also looking at their upgrade plan as compared to their features, it is very expensive.

its more than link shortning tool

I have been using bitly almost as long as I have been using social media. Its so easy to use and obviously the best feature is the ability to customize any url with the naming you want.

Pros

1. Shortens long ugly urls into short links that can be customised by any name. 2. URL tracking: one you shorten your url and use it on any social media channel or campaign you will be able to track clicks from your users. 3. Its free. Although the in the free plan you cannot customise your url name, you can still use it to shorten your ulrs and track clicks

Cons

1. Although you can track analytics, bitly is not the best solution if you are thinking on using it as an analytics tool as it only stores 30 reports for 30 days. 2. Once bitly shortens your url you cannot change link meaning that if you want to change it you will need to create it again.

Here's to Making Lengthy URLs Accessible

Overall, Bitly has proven to be a very useful and convenient tool for sharing links with students and other staff members.

Pros

The application shortens extremely long URLs and even allows customization of newly generated URLs. The ability to sign up and log in to save, catalog, and retrieve links is critical when teaching because I have to share convenient, easy-to-access hyperlinks with my students in a virtual learning environment. The QR code generation feature is very nice for those with the ability to scan and go.

Cons

Users have to upgrade from the free account to customize URLs. Additionally, the dot in the middle of the Bitly portion of the URL is difficult for students to remember.

A Must-Have in any marketers toolbox

Bitly is a 'Must-Have' in any marketers toolbox. We've been using Bitly for quite a number of years now. Its super simple for even an entry-level team member to manage. Being able to brand our links with custom extensions and tags has been a huge value to our marketing team. We've created so many custom urls and are easily able to share and track them. With Bitly we can keep our links short, trackable, and looking great!

Pros

What I like most about Bitly is its absolute simplicity. As a marketer, I use Bitly on a constant basis to shorten and also track our content. I also love the custom link aspect, as I can 'brand' my links, and file them for access as needed. Best link shortening tool... and I've tried many!

Cons

Integration to our existing solutions was simple, and the chrome extension is perfect. It's a simple platform, but that's what we love about it.

Incredibly Quick and Easy URL Shortener

Upon taking on a new client with a social media component at work, I immediately thought of Bitly for sharing links to our website. Bitly is a well-known URL shortener that helps us meet the character limit on Twitter and also track clicks to our URLs.

Pros

Bitly is incredibly easy to use. Anyone can pick up on how to create a bit.ly link in mere moments. Upon creating and logging into an account, all one needs to do is copy and paste a link into Bitly, and the shortened bit.ly link is created - and can be edited - in no time at all. This is incredibly helpful for posting links on Twitter where there is a character limit for posts.

Cons

The free plan is fairly simplistic. While having an account is beneficial to track clicks, the site is missing the ability to make a bit.ly link without needing an account.

Easy Short URL's & Track Also

The overall experience of bitly is really great to use and share with other people too. In my professional experience on daily basis we have to share many online content and keep records. We prefer to use bitly to create short urls to share and keep it in xls sheet.

Pros

I love this tool because it gives amazing facility and services to create short URL's with tracking feature to know how it has been performed and where it has been clicked mostly.

Cons

I don't like the Limitation in free version or a price of starter pack - the price could be a bit less for startups. So we can also avail the other great features like branded links, branded link redirects.

One click url shortner

Overall experience is good and I use bit.ly daily for productivity.

Pros

Not only URL shortner, it performs and gives analytics for each shortnened URL. Not only that, it gives the location of the click performed on the URL. Thus it is a complete suite for URL tracking. For example: you have a resume hosted on google drive, you can shorten the URL of the long google drive address for resume and share the shortened URL to employers. Thus you can track the click too.

Cons

BITly helps in achieving all the requirements you expect from a URL shortner. I don't have any dislikes for the same. Still they can update their android application opening time. It takes some time to load the application on smartphones.

Great in Communications

Really great in general, but an awesome solution for a larger org with many different business groups, product lines, etc. Ability to have custom domains made links easy to understand, identify, and trust when sharing with the broader org.

Pros

At two different organizations, we've had regular communications that were drafted weekly or bi-weekly that would require links to content on sharepoint or saved in other areas. These links were too long and sharing management per each communication would have been too much effort and upkeep. This helped us get static links down to a manageable and easy to understand length. Tidied up the PDFs and we received positive feedback from the people in the field as Bitly was something they recognized in general.

Cons

The only con that I could possibly note is that unless you go with the Basic or custom pricing options, it can be a little limiting based on your needs as an organization. We started out with Basic and then moved on to a custom plan to allow for more user seats and custom domains to accommodate other areas of the business.