Brandfolder Logo

Cloud-based digital asset management and sharing platform

Brandfolder Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.8/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

bynder
monday-com

The onboarding team and support were super helpful every step of the way and ensured that we were ready to have a successful launch for our employees.
It is easy to use and to navigate. I think it is very user friendly and has some great features and integrations like Slack.
It's quick and easy to upload, tag, and share assets. The support team was super helpful when needed.
As with any software, having a dedicated admin is necessary and a lack thereof can be frustrating.
Everything is case sensitive - which leads to our team members creating lots of duplicate tags. It is also a bit of a mess getting your team aligned with tags/labels/sections.

LM

Lindsey M.

SR. Marketing Consultant

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Great File Management Tool!

Transcript

Lindsey M. : Hi, my name is Lindsey. I am a senior marketing consultant. I give Brandfolder five stars....

Jolie H.

Retail Presentation Manager

Sporting Goods, 51-200 employees

Brandfolder is a great tool

Transcript

Jolie H.: My name's Jolie. I am a retail services and training manager in the bicycle industry and I...

Brett R.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Robust, versatile and easy-to-use platform

This platform has benefited our company in optimizing our workflow and digitizing high value information. It generates great efficiency and improves productivity for our company. It has increased the value of our company by having all the information gathered in one place, using standard workflows for all processes.

Pros

It's easy to use. Importing and exporting documents is easy. It allows you to upload many documents at the same time. It is really useful in the office to process a large number of documents every day. Designing and implementing the workflow is easy as it is done through an intuitive graphical interface. The mobile application is amazing, it can be accessed from anywhere and anytime. It has a robust security system that keeps the impost and created files protected.

Cons

The initial setup can be a bit complicated, but after configuring it, it is really easy to use.

HC

Henry C.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Easy to use brand asset repository

Brandfolder makes sharing press photos and articles with journalists super easy.

Pros

Professional interface, friendly user experience, excellent and prompt customer service

Cons

Not sure if I have anything I dislike about this software; I guess the tagging system is a little clunky.

ZS

Zakary S.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Stole nearly $13k from my company - Worst experience with a service provider in 24 years - STAY AWAY

I'm appalled that a company like this can still be in business. The product is terribly outdated and overly complicated for what it is. A glorified cloud storage - there are several other better options including google drive which is also not a great software but it's not a complete waste.

Pros

There is not one redeeming quality of this company or their products

Cons

The sales team lies about functionality and then spends months telling you that you need to upgrade to get what you paid for. Now a year later, the company refuses to refund for a software we didn't use.

Anna R.

Sports, 201-500 employees

Brandfolder is the clear winner and best option!

Pros

Brandfolder is so simple to use, which means it requires little training for our distribution and media partners. We are able to share important brand information and materials quickly and simply, and the templates feature is absolutely incredible. It allows us to provide various marketings materials to our partners, while maintaining brand standards!

Cons

The approval process before the asset is live is a little convoluted. I wish there was a way to un-approve assets and instantly make them "historical".

RS

Rachelle S.

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

User Friendly System!

The team is incredibly helpful and was a huge asset in helping us implement brandfolder to our team. The database is aesthetically pleasing, really easy to use, and has great search features.

Pros

I love that it's user friendly - it's really easy to understand and navigate on the site.

Cons

There are some glitches that randomly happen, but usually work themselves out.

Chris M.

Airlines/Aviation, 10,001+ employees

An invaluable resource

Brandfolder has been invaluable resource for me. I always have the latest and greatest branded assets, without needing to resort to a desktop folder. No longer do i have to send emails to get a hex code for an official brand color, everything is in one consolidated space!

Pros

I like most the ability to bulk share and distribute creative assets using brandfolder's incredible share feature. I can share entire brandfolders, selections of creative assets or single assets, which has saved a ton of time. Instead of having monthly emails asking for the same file, I can provide a brandfolder link that updates as I upload to the folder. Great feature!

Cons

If the organization is large enough, you're often unsure who has what level of access. As a user on a team that has more broad access than other workgroups, often times I've found myself referring others to a brandfolder that they 'cannot see' because they don't have the right access. Not necessarily a software dislike.

Mindy G.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Brandfolder is an awesome tool to collaborate with different departments!

Organization was the top benefit for our marketing team. Our dropbox was getting filled with different variations/edits of our millions of assets, and dropbox allows us to house our final assets so looking for the correct version is simple now. We also don't get one off requests from other departments since dropbox makes it easy for them to find what they need and resize any asset.

Pros

What I like most about this software is being about to track which assets are being used by different users, and our marketing team is able to use that information to make more successful campaigns. It is a great resource for our company to ensure that everyone was using the most up to date assets. I also love that it has a super easy, very visual interface that makes it a breeze to find exactly what you are looking for quickly.

Cons

I think the biggest trouble we have with the software is signing people up for the first time. Sometimes the email sent from Brandfolder goes to junk mail, and the person receiving the email doesn't always know to look there.

SW

Stephen W.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Brandfolder has made digital asset management 10 times easier for me and my colleagues

Starting about a year ago, we decided to contract out our digital assets management to another company. It was disastrous, so we quickly pivoted and looked to handle this ourselves. I'm very glad we did, as we chose Brandfolder to make our lives easier. So far, it's absolutely delivered and given us an effective solution for management of our own digital assets.

Pros

Having a centralized repository for storing our company's digital assets is a huge hurdle, but Brandfolder seemingly made it possible in a no-fuss manner. I highly value being able to categorize and add metadata to our assets, which makes it much simpler to understand how to later access what we own and can leverage. This allows us to distribute our digital assets more effectively.

Cons

Some of our employees haven't quite gotten accustomed to the "add metadata" feature, and I think there's been a slightly higher learning curve associated with that.

Chris M.

Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees

Brandfolder Data Asset Management

The software is great and the people there are very responsive and helpful with guidance on how to set up, organize and implement our data asset management system.

Pros

Brandfolder is very intuitive for my colleagues across the globe. Being able to share and have access via the cloud has really been a game changer for our marketing business and sharing content with coworkers and partners. We have also been able to work with Brandfolder to create a single sign on within our company portal.

Cons

No issues with Brandfolder, nothing I can think of that has me wanting more.

Paola A.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Support team is great

Pros

Quick and Easy way to to manage all your assets

Cons

I didn't find anything to complain about for now

SH

Scott H.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Not your grandfather's file cabinet baby

Brandfolder has taken our business to new heights and continues to be an ever beneficial and integral part of our day-to-day operations. The rewards reaped from Brandfolder speak for themselves in multitudes and deserves our highest regard, and recommendation.

Pros

I believe that the expanse of the in depth detail pertaining to all digital assets is invaluable. The ease of reference and marketing possiblity far surpasses anything we could have hoped for in beneficial, all around cloud based digital asset management.

Cons

I feel perhaps there could be a little bit more pizzazz or fireworks, and I mean by that is the extravagant marketing approach, I mean why not when the software is completely capable. I don't want this to come across as a negative aspect, per say, more of just a humble recommendation.

LC

Luke C.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 11-50 employees

First Asset Management System Implemented in Start-Up

The customer service representative responds immediately to questions and has been helpful. This platform has allowed our company to become more efficient when coordinating asset delievers around the company which has been a time saver.

Pros

It allows for all files to be stored in one place that can easily be accessed both internally and externally.

Cons

The tagging feature is helpful but tends to generate tags that don't necessarily apply making the process of tagging a very time consuming task

JM

Jessa M.

Consumer Goods, 501-1,000 employees

A place for everything and everything in its place

Pros

Brandfolder has been a major time saver for our team, letting us easily host and search for image assets and embed them in our marketing communications. We switched from a clunky in-house hosting solution to Brandfolder, and managed to shave off production time AND eliminate storage bloat caused by accidental duplicate files. The platform is easy to navigate and search, gives us plenty of custom organization options, and requires very little prep/training. Brandfolder has been stable and reliable, so we know our files will be there and load when we need them to!

Cons

While I appreciate how granular you can get with the permissions in Brandfolder, the majority of our users ideally need full upload/edit permissions. However, the expense of additional Admin accounts is prohibitive, leaving us to shuffle Admin level permissions around from person to person to ensure we have adequate coverage when someone is out of the office. Additionally, the way that permissions levels are listed across several different places in the platform is somewhat confusing. A single, platform-wide permissions screen would be a great feature. Lastly, the templating feature through PrintUI was so confusing to implement that the task has been handed through three different people in our office and we never got it off the ground.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Excellent tools for digital asset management

Positive experience - recommended for teams to trying to evaluate a digital asset solution

Pros

Running a web design team and there is a need to share brand assets (logos, marketing content, images, videos) in a centralised storage area for teams to reuse Brandfolder provides a safe and stable digital custody solution with proper access rights management, version control, collaboration tools and integration with Slack for easy sharing Must have tools for any large teams (>5) to keep their workflows productive

Cons

Support more content type. Some obscure content types (like HEIC format) require conversion before sharing and storing. Would be good for it to have a format converter built in to support all types of digital assets More integrations with Google Drives (multi account switching) and MFA for security

KM

Katie M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Sufficient DAM Tool

Customer support and uploading assets has been great. There has been some frustrations with other users because our Brandfolder isn't organized by asset type. We have some organizational issues that need to be sorted out.

Pros

I like the AI capabilities and how you can search for keywords and search results are typically accurate. The categorization also helps us find assets with ease and group like assets together.

Cons

I wish the most recent uploaded assets were in the first page of results, not the last. The Collections, Boards, and Labels all seem to have the same purpose and aren't very intuitive.

SR

Samantha R.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Brandfolder Review

I like Brandfolder, if you need an asset manager without spending too much I recommend it. It's easy to use and makes work faster.

Pros

I like that it's a single source of truth for all our assets.

Cons

That I can't use the CDN everywhere and the share links need an easier location to reference them.

SF

Stacy F.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Good asset management software

Pros

I like the options to have multiple folders, and to be able to tag assets.

Cons

i cant think of anything else at this time.

DM

Deandre M.

Retail, 201-500 employees

Functional & Feasible

Pros

My favorite features about Brandfolder are the easy functionalities of using the platform (search tool, easy editing, shortcuts, etc.). I love that I can see the content I want to select and explore the software through tags/ keywords.

Cons

My least favorite thing is how picky the software can be sometimes with looking up specific tags and content.

Kristine P.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

User friendly

We've had a great experience using the Brand folder platform. The ease of use as well as the online chat support is great!

Pros

This platform is a very user friendly platform.

Cons

Some functionality on the My Boards is missing. It should be like a lite box but does not function as such. However, I am glad they the team is working towards fixing this.

LM

Lauren M.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Brandfolder shouts Love Your Brand!

Fantastic! The best part about Brandfolder is that it highlights our brand in an easy to understand way for our employees who may not be in marketing. They can download assets on the fly and build custom presentations using our assets on Brandfolder.

Pros

I love the ease of use, we researched many digital asset libraries but none compared to Brandfolder's user-friendly focus. I also love how easy it is to organize your company assets and instantly add new users. Company morale and passion for our brand has boosted significantly since we launched!

Cons

There are some improvements that are currently being reviewed, for example their asset approval process. However, Brandfolder has been so accommodating whenever we have offered suggestions.

CB

Courtney B.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Crawford Outdoor Loves Brandfolder

Pros

How easy it is to find and share assets. That you can download multiple file types and sizes.

Cons

Can't scroll through thumbnail of all content images on first page.

TD

Tim D.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Using Brand Folder Over 5 Years

We use brand folder to house all of our marketing material for our distributor. They don't complain about it so that good.

Pros

What I like most about the soft ware is that it simple to use, fast, and my distributors like it.

Cons

What I like least about it is that there is not much I don't like. Probably uploading a huge video it take some time but not to long.

CB

Chuck B.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Easy and Convenient

I work with multiple breweries on a daily basis, and need access to their graphics and brand standards to help promote their product in our market. The easy and convenience of Brand Folder reduces so much time that would normally be taken up trying to track down resources.

Pros

Having the access to graphics from multiple suppliers we work with in one spot saves us so much time. There is no need go searching for graphics or emailing designers. Everything needed is in one convenient spot.

Cons

Sometimes auto save passwords get mixed up between multiple suppliers, so you have to make sure your personal passwords are easy to remember.

JS

Jason S.

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

Brandfolder Makes Our Team Bolder! (Yeah, It Rhymes!)

Our company has grown. Fast. We've always prided ourselves on being nimble, but the larger any org gets, the more challenging it can be to keep your client facing teams speaking the same brand language. As we grew it became apparent that keeping all of our collateral in a folder on Google Drive wasn't going to be scalable. Luckily, the smart kids at our company turned us on to Brandfolder and it's been an integral part of keeping our teams aligned with the latest and greatest materials we have available.

Pros

Great organizational capabilities, easy to share and download assets

Cons

The UX can be a little bit wonky at first, but it's quick to get the hang of.

CC

Caroline C.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Couldn't live without Brandfolder

Overall 8.5/10 - BF is immensely valuable to our day-to-day work flow. If it a glitch occurs, Brandfolder Support team has always been right there to helps us out.

Pros

Allows us to store all our essential files in one space, when easily see when it was made and updated.

Cons

Can be glitchy - when a glitch interferes with our ability to preform our work, it can be debilitating for our workflow