Flipcause Logo

Flipcause

Flipcause helps nonprofits with online fundraising campaigns

Flipcause Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.48/10

Reviews by rating

Flipcause has been great to use. The tools are very user-friendly and I appreciate having a success team to turn to when I need help.
I love that I can get help when I need it. I love that my team with work with me to make sure I am happy.
I'm currently working with my fifth customer and implementing FlipCause and my customers just love their services and customer service. So when my clients are happy I'm happy.
Problems I have with learning about all the features of the website are answered quickly and correctly by our representative.
Currently, we have paid out money and have not received any more traffic, donors, or revenue for using the service and it is difficult to pay the fee.
One thing that has been frustrating is how there isn't one place to update the email, that then changes everywhere on the platform.

Debbie J.

Philanthropy,

Excellent customer support with a very quick response time. Very easy to use!!!

Pros

Ease of use. We are able to use Flipcause for all of our financial backend needs. Campaigns can be tailored to use peer to peer fundraising, event ticket sales, merchandise sales and volunteer management. The platform is also donor friendly and gives the donor the option to cover all fees so that more funds come to us. They will also design individual campaigns for us - this is HUGE for a small staff of two.

Cons

Like with anything new the hardest part is simply learning the basics! I have found it hard to find tutorials on my own but their customer service staff is so quick to respond that it really is a non-issue.

bM

bonnie M.

Plastic Ocean Project NGO

I have recommended Flipcause because I think it is one of the best, user friendly, and affordable.

Pros

I like that our website and fundraising is all in one place. Your team is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

It takes too long to get our funds. It is one of the reasons why I'm looking elsewhere. The other reason is wanting to do more with our website but limited layouts.

Hi Bonnie, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Wow, we're so happy that you like your website and fundraising all in one place and that your Success team is helpful and responsive to you. We're also honored that you think we're one of the best, user-friendly, and affordable platforms out there. That's what we strive to do! And we totally appreciate you recommending us to other nonprofits. We hear your concerns about the transfer time of your funds and want to do more with your website. I'll be sure to share that with the team. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your Success team whenever you need support- they're happy to assist you in getting the job done! We're here for you and looking forward to continuing to support your organization!

LS

LORI S.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Cancelled after one week

Terrible

Pros

There was a lot of carelessness in the creation of my company's website. Basic things like logos were incorrectly placed, as well as other common sense placements were not done correctly. It also took a lot longer to communicate with their staff than I was told it would. It became clear from the beginning that what Flipcause promised was inflated. I therefore cancelled my free trial after one week.

Cons

Basic requests were incorrect which caused me more time to was necessary to correct.

Hi Lori, Thank you for taking the time to try out Flipcause's free and optional website add-on. Our ultimate goal is to provide value and to make your life easier. We take a lot of pride in our customer service, our quick turnaround times, and meeting or exceeding the expectations that we set. Taking a look at our records, I do see we built a new 30-page website for you within a week, and that...

LP

Lisa P.

Flipcause Performs!

SevaChild's overall experience with Flipcause has been just wonderful!!

Pros

Flipcause makes donor and funding management so much easier than it would be otherwise.

Cons

It would be nice to have the facility to speak with our Flipcause team; however, their speedy responsiveness and thorough handling of our concerns definitely make up for that.

KH

Kyle H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great product at an amazing price

Flipcause is always easy to contact and work with. We're super happy with our partnership.

Pros

Flipcause helps us do more with less. Our previous software was expensive and to have full functionality it would require us to pay more, but with Flipcause we have everything at the one price. We're able to do everything we need from campaigns to event sign-ups and everything in between. The big thing we love is how much we can customize every element.

Cons

I wish we had more ability to contact our donors within different segments to help drive donations.

Hi Kyle, Thanks for the review! We're so glad you feel super happy with our partnership and that you find us easy to contact and work with. That's what we strive for! It's also great to hear that you can do everything you need, from campaigns to event sign-ups and everything in between, and that you love how you can customize every element. Also, thanks for sharing your suggestion to have more ways to contact your donors within different segments to help drive donations. I'll be sure to share it with the team. In the meantime, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns!

JB

Jessica B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Perfect bundle for a small nonprofit!

Our non-profit has been able to save so much time and money, while reaching more people with our mission due to switching to Flipcause. It truly has helped our small team make a greater impact. We haven't even used it to it's full potential as we haven't touched certain features such as the volunteer or peer-to-peer modules. We've had such great success and experience, we're planning on continuing to use Flipcause as long as possible even as our staff and community grows.

Pros

Flipcause has met our non-profit needs in combining so many products into one easy to use platform. The most useful features are 1) storing unlimited contacts, 2) processing our one-time and monthly donations, 3) managing our event and program registrations, 4) guaranteeing a low credit card processing fee, and 5) amazing real-time support team. We have a peace of mind knowing we can store all of...

Cons

Generally, I can't complain about any features. We still have to use a separate software for our annual Gala due to our silent and live auction needs, but that has not diminished the usefulness of Flipcause.

CS

Caroline S.

Flipcause Fan

We are a small organization with a very small staff, but we serve a large five-county region. Since we've had Flipcause we've become so much more efficient in connecting with people and creating relationships with them. We have been able to run reports that help decide in what direction to move our organization. The pandemic has not slowed our growth due to the type of demographic we serve and it's...

Pros

We love the ease of use. The Contact Database is user friendly for all our staff. And as the Outreach Director for our small organization it's taken minimal time and effort to learn how to do our own campaigns. It allows us to be more creative, and build campaigns to integrate into our website which we would not have done before because we would always have an outsider do it for us with more time constraints...

Cons

Would like to have an integrated email blast system instead of having to use a separate platform like Mailchimp or Constant Contact. We hear it's coming!

Hi Caroline, Thank you so much for your thorough review. Wow, we're so happy to hear that you've been able to do so much using Flipcause! We love hearing that you've been able to get creative and easily set up your own campaigns and that you've been able to rely on your Success Team when you've needed support. We're also glad to hear that your contact database freed up some time for your small team, and has given you valuable insight into your donor base. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

MS

Melanie S.

We're growing with Flipcause

Fantastic. Flipcause was a great choice for our organization. They have amazing service--and care about our success. The personalized follow up is rare in this day in age and hugely appreciated.

Pros

The dashboard is clear, with intuitive UX and has everything our project leaders need to raise funds and manage their payments. I also appreciate the reporting system and ability to manage donors directly. The platform is always improving, their support team is always quick to reply AND to follow through.

Cons

Getting some of the graphics to fit was tricky in the beginning, but as they have grown, the glitches are now few.

Hi Melanie, Thank you for leaving us a review! We love hearing that your project leaders have everything they need with Flipcause and that you appreciate the follow-up from your Success Team. We're here for you and looking forward to continuing to support your organization!

CB

Courtney B.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

An all-in-one platform for small nonprofits

The Flipcause team is responsive and helpful. I was worried we would get less responsiveness after our trial ended, but that has not been the case. We are overall very happy with the cost of the platform and the service we receive. We've already referred a fellow nonprofit!

Pros

Flipcause appealed to our small nonprofit because of the number of features available for its very reasonable price. We had been using multiple services to get the features Flipcause offered all-inclusive, so making the switch alone saved us time and money. The biggest sell for us was the inclusion of website design and hosting via Weebly. We were in the market for an updated website, and had been...

Cons

It is easiest in retrospect to import all existing payment and database information at once, versus in stages which is how we went about it. I wish there was more automated features for contact outreach and emailing, but this isn't something we had with our prior platforms, either.

Hi Courtney, Thanks so much for the review! It's so great to hear you have been able to consolidate a number of tools with Flipcause and as a result, saved some money! We're also happy to hear you're pleased with your new website. And thanks for your feedback about having more emailing features. I'll be sharing your feedback with the team. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

EM

Erica M.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Better fundraising results with Flipcause

I call and email frequently especially around donor fundraising campaigns. Everyone is always friendly, helpful and ready to serve. I would not use any other platform!

Pros

I recommend Flipcause to all other non-profits because the website interface/update is integrated with all campaigns, CRM and you it's a subscription service where you always get support. I've used numerous other platforms and this by far is the easiest, user-friendly and easily understood by my staff members and Board members.

Cons

The only con is we are still cleaning up the data integration from past data-- maybe better integration with Quickbooks?

Hi Erica, Thanks for the review! We're pleased to hear that you and your team have all found Flipcause to be user-friendly. And we love hearing that your Success Team has been friendly and responsive, especially during times when you are launching a campaign. We know how stressful it can be coordinating all the details and launching a successful campaign, and we'll continue to be there for you as you launch more! Also, thanks for your feedback about data and QuickBooks integration. I'll pass it along to our development team. We look forward to building out more functionality to even better serve you. And please continue to reach out to your Success Team if you need support with your data.

JH

Julie H.

Music, 1-10 employees

Flipcause User Experience and Support Are Wonderful!

We did not have any fundraising software before Flipcause. Since adopting Flipcause, we have been able to establish a monthly donor program and give our supporters the option to cover credit card fees, both of which have increased our overall fundraising. The user experience and the customer support have be wonderful and are the reasons why we continue to use Flipcause.

Pros

Flipcause makes it quick and easy to set up professional landing pages for each fundraising campaign. We have been able to run several successful campaigns to help us navigate the uncertainties caused by COVID-19. The customer service and support is wonderful! They are always able to help and show us tricks and tips to better use the software to meet our needs.

Cons

Occasionally there are phrases/terms that we'd like to be able to change (e.g. on a landing page or a receipt) to better match our organization's vernacular. But that is a very minor concern, we are truly very happy with the software.

Hi Julie, Thanks for leaving us a review! That's so great to hear that you've found success with your campaigns during these uncertain times. We also love hearing that you've been able to establish a monthly donor program and that you've been pleased with the level of support you've received from your Success Team. I'll be sure to pass the message along to them. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

SB

Stacie B.

New to Website Management

I was brand new to using websites, campaign management, and donor management. Flipcause was recommended to me by a colleague at another Agency. The customer service is exceptional! They are so responsive and patient with my endless questions and over time, I have learned to do things on my own that I didn't initially think I could do! From the look of our website to the customer service provided, I couldn't be more pleased.

Pros

I love all of the features Flipcause offers. When I decided to go with Flipcause, the customer service walked me through every step of migrating away from our WordPress platform to Flipcause. The website looks wonderful, my volunteers are using it and I much more confidence in my role as a website/donor manager!!

Cons

I can't think of anything at this time.

Hi Stacie, Thanks so much for the review! We're so happy to hear that you are pleased with your new website and that you have gotten the support you need from your Success Team. We're here for you and looking forward to continuing to support your organization!

NB

Nate B.

5A Elite loves Flipcause

With Flipcause, we are now able to manage fundraising and registration like the big companies at a fraction of the cost.

Pros

What I like most is, because we are a small organization, we don’t have the capacity to assign a staff member to fundraising. With Flipcause, we have a dedicated support team who make every step in every process easy to manage. I also like the fact that the look is very professional and gives the appearance that our organization is bigger than it actually is, which leads to increased fundraising sng.

Cons

Sometimes, it takes a really long time to update in the dashboard. Also, there are a lot of features that I just don’t know about and so I don’t feel like we are able to utilize the software to it’s full capabilities.

Hi Nate, Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We love hearing that your support team feels like an extension of your staff, that's what we aim to do! And thank you for your feedback on how we can improve. We are always working on speed optimization of the Dashboard, so please let us know if you continue to have issues with slow updates so we can let our team know. As for learning about new features, this year we launched a "What's New" button at the top right corner of the Dashboard to highlight updates and new features. Be sure to check that out and if there's anything else we can do to assist, don't hesitate to let us know!

KF

Karen F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Small nonprofit FlipCause user since 2016

Easy to use all under one umbrella; frees up my time for other tasks.

Pros

I love the way Flipcause integrates so many previously separate functions under one easy and efficient roof: event registration, payment, sponsorship, volunteer management, campaign landing page, in-kind donation offering and even website. Since our nonprofit has a very small staff, it makes it so much easier

Cons

The Weebly website is functional, easy to set-up and perform basic editing. However the options for appearance is quite limited and needs professional coding to make it look really professional and slick.

Hi Karen, Thanks for the review! It's so great that you love the way you can use different functions all in one place, and we love to hear that you've stayed with us for so long. Please continue to reach out to us for support. We're here for you and looking forward to continuing to support your organization's needs.

AH

Aaron H.

Great Product for Small - Mid Nonprofits

Flipcause CRM, from our experiences, is not as powerful as a Salesforce or any of the other big-name CRM companies, but if you are looking for just a basic donor database that tracks donations and information such as contact information and notes in their accounts, then I would recommend Flipcause. If you are planning to use Flipcause for all that it has to offer and a big part of that decision is the CRM, just be prepared to deal with those small nuances. It's been a great product for us overall.

Pros

Flipcause is a clean and very manageable donation and event management software. From day 1, we were able to easily create events and fundraising opportunities, track donations, and embed information on our website. Flipcause makes it extremely easy to customize event and fundraising webpages and tools, which always allowed our donors to know exactly what they were doing.

Cons

The tools to build campaigns could be more customizable. As for a donor database, we were a part of their Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools beta launch and had access to their fully active tool. It is a very helpful tool with good information and search functions. It is especially handy if you import and manually input your donor information before you begin to use Flipcause as a donation...

Hi Aaron, Thank you for your review! We so appreciate your partnership through the years and love hearing we've been able to offer value. Thank you also for participating in our Beta launch! Feedback from Beta testers like you has been hugely helpful in improving. Any CRM requires a regular and manual data cleaning habit to keep it accurate, and I can imagine how tedious it was to have to do...

NN

Nicole N.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Our humane society has been extremely impressed with the ease and functionality of using Flipcause.

We can now now update and customize our website whenever and however we like instead of calling a third party. I have zero experience with website editing and even for someone like me it is extremely easy to figure out. The biggest benefit has been that the credit card processing is all essentially done through our website as well. They charge the lowest credit card processing fee we have seen and...

Pros

Prior to using Flipcause we had third party entities which hosted our website (3+ outside parties) plus more third parties that ran just the donation part of our website (again 3+ other parties). Because we were using all these third parties it was very difficult to track down individual transactions and edit our website or really just any of the basic components we needed to do. Switching to Flipcause...

Cons

We have been very satisfied with the software, and the customer service team. It may not be the ideal software for a very large non-profit, but for small-medium ones I think it is a great fit.

JO

Judy O.

Treasurer, Board of Directors

I have found no other non-profit software that does so much, is so easy to learn and use, and is so inexpensive. Kudos to the design and support teams at Flipcause! When I have had questions, responses are always prompt and thorough. Navigating the platform is very intuitive.

Pros

Very easy to learn not only the Flipcause functionality but also to manage the website completely in-house. For a basic product, it is very robust.

Cons

I wish there was a newsletter feature built-in so that we did not have to export CRV files to then import into another platform such as Mailchimp. I would love it all to be under one roof. I also wish that there was a Quick Books interface. I have figured out a system to periodically transfer funds, then record all transactions manually in Quick Books but it is time-consuming and clumsy.

Hi Judy, Thanks so much for the review! We're happy to hear you've found Flipcause easy to learn and that you appreciate having the website package included. Also, thanks for letting us know you'd like to see email marketing and QuickBooks integration included in our suite of tools. I'll be sharing your feedback with the team. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

SL

Steven L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Excellent product for our Synagogue website/donation/event management

The Flipcause team has been fantastic from the start! From the sales person who answered all of my questions and demonstrated the product to the Success Manager and my account team, they have been there for me to help me get the most out of our website, campaign management and donations. The response time is almost instantaneous. Really the best product support that I have ever experienced!

Pros

The Flipcause team provided a great looking, engaging website that I can easily update myself or have their team update. In addition, the member dues & donation features provide an additional option to our members to donate to us. In fact, it has encouraged non-members to donate!

Cons

The campaign management feature could be more flexible to help us manage our events a little easier. Sometimes I have to adapt our requirements to the software instead of the other way around. But so far we have been able to get what we need from the software even if it is not an optimal solution.

Hi Steven, Thank you for leaving us a review! We're so happy to hear that your website, membership, and donation needs have been met using Flipcause. We also love hearing that your non-members have been encouraged to donate! We're here for you and looking forward to continuing to support your organization's needs.

RP

Ron P.

Fund-Raising, 1-10 employees

Excellent product and customer service! Cost-effective for small non-profits.

We have been operating with a small volunteer board of directors and no paid employees. One of those board members was just learning how to maintain our existing website, but then had to resign from the board. In addition, our initial fundraising platform was GoFundMe--not an ideal solution for a capital campaign. Flipcause was a cost-effective solution to both problems.

Pros

The Flipcause "Success Team" got our website developed, with a fundraising platform linked, and published within about one week. Although we know very little about website development, we were then able to make simple modifications to the website on our own. For more complex modifications, their team is very responsive to requests.We especially like their approach to pricing: Annual fee based on size of organization when you sign up. They don't penalize you for growth; annual fee is fixed for future periods.

Cons

We have found that the time to transfer funds raised through the platform to our bank account is longer than the promised 3-10 business days. Our experience has been more like 13 business days.

Hi Ron, Thanks for leaving a detailed review! We're so happy that your Success team was able to help you set up your website in a week and that they're very responsive to your requests. We're also pleased that you like our approach when it comes to pricing. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your Success team whenever you need support- they're happy to assist you in getting the job done! We're here for you and looking forward to continuing to support your organization!

EP

Emily P.

Research, self-employed

Perfect for micro and small nonprofits

Any time I have contacted my service team they respond quickly and efficiently. Set up of the account was easy. I continue to refer this service to colleagues who work with other small nonprofits.

Pros

This is very easy to integrate into an existing website and use. The support team is fabulous and the help pages actually explain how to do things, if you want to do it yourself. Management of campaigns and donors is easy.

Cons

I would like to see mass email added into the program, but it is not a reason to not use this.

Hi Emily, Thanks for leaving us a review! We're pleased to hear that you find Flipcause easy to use, that you find your Success team fabulous, and that the help center was able to help you. We're also honored that you continue to refer our service to other nonprofits. Mass emailing is definitely on our roadmap. I'll be sure to communicate with you as we get closer to a release date. And please continue to reach out to us for support. We're here for you and looking forward to continuing to support your organization's needs.

MC

Mary C.

Environmental Services, self-employed

A wonderful tool for our organization, plus a fantastic success team!

Pros

Flipcause is easy to use to create eye-catching, engaging campaigns. We have used Flipcause campaigns to create fundraising platforms and register participants for events. We began using Flipcause several years ago and have not had any problems with the software. The Flipcause employees (success team) are fantastic. They are responsive and help answer any questions in a timely manner. We are currently moving our outdated website over to a new Weebly platform through the Flipcause website package. The process has been easy, and the new website looks wonderful. Flipcause is an excellent resource for our small non-profit organization.

Cons

My only suggestion for improvement is related to the reports for various campaigns. If you want to figure out the amount of transaction fees, this requires you to do an extra step to subtract the amount received from the total of the transaction. It could be improved for the user to more clearly show a total of transaction fees on reports.

Hi Mary, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm so happy to hear that we've been able to support your organization in creating campaigns, registering participants for events and now updating your website! We love hearing that your Success Team has been responsive and able to give you the support you need. Thank you also for your suggestion on how we can improve reports. Reporting upgrades is on our roadmap and I will be sure to share your feedback with the team. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

JB

Jessica B.

The Perfect Fit for Our Grassroots, Growing Nonprofit

We are able to take care of essential functions, write our own fundraising campaigns, easily identify donors to thank, and create our own content without having to be experts. We love flipcause and the ethos behind it, as well as the can-do, positive spirit of the support crew.

Pros

I love how intuitive the Weebly system is, and how Flipcause is constantly working on adding features and capacities that make our work easier.

Cons

There are some features that have to be created by the support staff. This isn't a problem because our support team is very responsive and willing to help. But for some users, it might be more of an issue.

JS

Jennifer S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Excellent Product to run my Nonprofit

I absolutely love Flipcause and have been a customer for four years now. I also recommended another nonprofit who is also still a customer. It is excellent.

Pros

I love how it holds all of the data for my whole nonprofit business. Everything that comes in through my website and I enter into the software is then held into the system on our business. It is excellent and keeps everything organized.

Cons

Some of the nonprofit store functionality could be better. I wish it could be sorted by category of products. I wish when customers bought at my location that it did not shut down when too many people used my internet. It flags it as fraudulent when too many people buy in one location, but we have a physical store.

Hi Jennifer, Thanks for leaving us a review! That's great to hear that Flipcause is helping you keep everything organized. And we appreciate you recommending us to another nonprofit! Also, thanks for your feedback about the online store functionality. I will be sharing this with the team. We're here for you and looking forward to continuing to support your organization!

SV

Stephanie V.

Alternative Dispute Resolution, 1-10 employees

Great software, great people!

Our overall experience with Flipcause has been great! We even had a transaction dispute and they sprung into action so that we were treated fairly. Being a small nonprofit, it feels really good to have people in your corner and Flipcause is definitely in our corner! Making our training more available to everyone has been a notable addition to what our company offers and that's thanks in part to Flipcause!

Pros

What we like most about the software is the ease of use. We can hop on, change campaigns, update our website, and transfer funds directly into our account!

Cons

There really isn't anything that I dislike. Whenever I encounter a problem, I contact my team, and they respond very quickly.

Hi Stephanie, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! It's so great to hear that you find Flipcause easy to use, where you can just hop on, change campaigns, update your website, and transfer funds directly into your account. We love hearing that your Success team was able to respond to every problem you encounter quickly and that your overall experience with us has been great. I'll be sure to let the team know of your very kind words. And please continue to reach out to us for support. We're here for you and looking forward to continuing to support your organization's needs.

DH

Danny H.

Gamechanger!

Amazing, it has been extremely beneficial to our work and our ability to raise money and stay engaged with our donors.

Pros

This software has been a life saver as far as increasing our engagement as an organization. As a small organization, having the ability to fundraise, capture donor information, create student registration forms AND have a website created has saved me countless hours and has freed me up to actually do the work necessary to our foundation.

Cons

Starting out, the software wasn't as intuitive as I might have liked. There were some glitches when we set up our first campaign, but after learning more, I think we have worked out the kinks going forward.

Hi Danny, Thanks for the review! Wow, that's so great to hear that you've been able to increase the engagement for your small organization. That's a big part of what our mission is. And we know how valuable time is, so it's also great to hear that having us take care of your website had saved you a lot of time! Please don't hesitate to reach out to your Success Team whenever you need support with your campaign settings- they're happy to assist you in getting the job done! We're here for you and looking forward to continuing to support your organization!