MailerLite Logo

MailerLite

Email marketing software for smart business

MailerLite Reviews

4.7

2K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.18/10

Reviews by rating

It's great what you can get on the free plan and the customer service is excellent. I am totally sold on the power of email marketing and Mailerlite has made it so easy.
It is amazing and really helpful that they allow free users access to their email automation feature.
Love the user friendliness. It was easy to set up and the videos are so well done whenever I want to add efficiencies, have questions, or want to tweak my newsletters, they're so helpful.
Because we hadn't taken much time to explore the full range of features and how to adapt them to our specific needs, we ended up with a highly defective campaign that was doomed to fail.
In the beginning I made some mistakes on approval, but that was totally from my lack of understanding.

2,024 reviews

EP

Erin P.

Owner

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

MailerLite Review: Doesn't Work For Everyone!

Ani P.

Owner

Happy Customer

Transcript

Ani: Hey, my name is Ani. I'm a pain relief specialist, and I give MailerLite five out of five. For more...

Tiffany B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Amaaazing service, so easy to use and must have features

I have been using Mailerlite for myself and clients for years and find it so easy to use and their support is top class. I have worked with other well know email platforms before and they don't compare with Mailerlite.

Pros

Mailerlite automations are super easy to set up, the interface makes it clear and friction free

Cons

I find the grouping and segmenting slightly confusing but support is always on hand and super quick to reply

Price, user experience and support - A triple threat if I must say so myself! Thank you for your review, Tiffany.

JT

Jane T.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Best software I've used for email marketing

Good customer support when I've needed it. Good short videos for lots of tasks - clear and to the point so quick to review and implement

Pros

I've used lots of email marketing software over the years, including some of the most expensive and industry leaders, but MailerLite stands out as so much better than the others.

Cons

It doesn't have automatic integrations with some other software e.g. MemberPress

GZ

Gabriel Z.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Not a reliable platform

Definitely not recommending the platform.

Pros

User-friendly interface, covers the basic features of an email platform.

Cons

Many bugs. Authentication for my account wasn't working. I took 5 days for the support team to understand the issue and solve it. Imagine being a week without being able to send emails as an ecommerce.

AB

Arpita B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great option for self employed business owners

Absolutely love it and been with them for years, sending emails daily to 3k subscribers

Pros

The customer support 9live!!) with a real human, on chat, to sort out any issues is absolutely sensational and the main reason why i continue being with Mailer Lite

Cons

I am on the classic version which can be a bit slow

AC

Amandine C.

E-Learning, self-employed

Best email tool to start!

I’m very happy with Mailerlite and would definitely recommend it to anyone who starts a business and wishes to grow their mailing list. It’s super easy and quick to set up, you can do many things like any other software but this one is free up to 1000 subscribers, which is awesome!

Pros

Mailerlite is very easy to set up and doesn’t cost anything up to 1,000 subscribers. It’s a great option when you start your business and you want to use email marketing but you don’t want to spend money on it.

Cons

Personalization can be a bit of a struggle.

Darien H.

Design, 1-10 employees

The new version is not worth it

Pros

The old version was okay, it got the job done with a good price in comparison to a bloated MailChimp. Just simple email marketing and automation. I was excited for the new version to be released as it looked to be a step in the right direction for the user interface (as the old version was, very dated). However, after they released the new pricing structure, almost double just for a fresh coat of paint...

Cons

Cont. Which only moved subscribers and groups, something that could easily be done with a CSV file. They didn’t move your automations, pop-ups, embeds or previous campaigns and reports. Even though they had MailChimp migrations ready from the get-go! Which didn’t work mind you, the free trial only allows for 1,000 subscribers to be added (a new ‘feature’ compared the old version, which allowed more...

DE

Denis E.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Great simple email marketing tool.

Pros

The simplicity. I have used a lot of tools. And I was looking for the fastest and simplest way to send broadcasts. MailerLite is the easiest.

Cons

Some features are not available in the basic plan, but it's forgiven as it's simple to use.

DD

Debra D.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Mailerlite is perfect for my small business

Easy to use, reliable and very cost-effective for my small business of one person.

Pros

Allows a large number of subscribers in the free category.

Cons

None that are an issue to my business at this point.

CS

Cat S.

Religious Institutions, self-employed

Easy to use, great customer service

I switched from Active Campaign and have been very pleased with how easy MailerLight is! It integrates with my website/course platform (MemberVault) and automations are a breeze. When I had a question about the new email rules, customer service was extremely helpful in resolving my issue.

Pros

It's so easy to use and set up! And once I created a few email templates, sending emails is even easier.

Cons

The MailerLite lingo took some getting used to (groups vs tags, etc)

RM

Rebecca M.

Publishing, self-employed

A Game changer for my Small Business

I tried Converkit, Mailchimp, Flodesk, and in the end I chose Mailerlite.

Pros

I'm not struggling to use the platform, it's designed for people who don't know much about complex technology.

Cons

There is no integration with Ecwid, a well-known e-commerce site. We can't change the social media icon color to fit our brand color.

TF

Traver F.

Construction, 11-50 employees

A great mailing software for business newsletters and automation

My overall experience has been pretty great. I have two mailing lists for two different business ventures. One with 700 people on my list, and one with 7,000. MailerLite works fantastic whether you're on the free or paid plan. The only difference is (for how I use it), you can't use automated sequences on the free plan. I have very few complaints about the software.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. It's a beautiful dashboard that's easily navigated. The WYSIWYG editor is super sleek. From adding new subscribers to setting up complex automations, it's all really simple.

Cons

Sometimes there's a hiccup in the system that causes text editing to mess up. What I mean is that I'll be typing and I'll get to where I am right now, and the cursor will reset to the beginning and start type there instead. If I refresh the page, the problem goes away.

Hey Trever, Thank you! I loved to read your review of MailerLite and yes, our web design is super sleek ;) Don't hesitate to contact us for anything you need - we are always there for you. Irene

EB

Emily B.

Financial Services, self-employed

Begin Email Marketing With Mailerlite

I switched from MailChimp to Mailerlite as the features with Mailerlite were more appealing, more professional and better value for money. I originally started with the free package for around two weeks, until my email list outgrew the free package, where I now continue to pay on a monthly basis. The income that I receive from utilizing my email list pays for the service provided by Mailierlite and I am very happy with the features/ service provided. I received great customer support from Mailerlite in regards to the issues mentioned above, and since then I have required no customer support.

Pros

I like the many features included with the software for a reasonable monthly (or yearly) fee. Such as the ability to create different groups to manage email marketing topics. I particular enjoy using the autoresponder emails feature as this is a great way to utilise email marketing and Mailerlite have a very user friendly interface, making a potentially complex task easier to carry out. I also enjoy the extra features including the landing page templates to capture new email signups.

Cons

The only issue I had with this product, and why I did not give it 5 stars, is the email deliverability rate. Whereby occasionally my automated emails were not being sent to new email signups and they were not able to complete the sign up process, being classed as unconfirmed in my email list. This was inconvenient as sometimes I would receive emails from people saying that they signed up but had not received a certain product I was offering for new sign ups. However, after researching this topic, I learnt that this is actually a common issue with most email network providers and that Mailerlite has one of the best deliverability rates overall. Therefore I have stayed with Mailerlite and I hope that this is something their software will improve on over time.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

The perfect tool for small business owners or just anyone who is about to start

Pretty happy with the product, helps me to do what I want to do without getting in the way all the time

Pros

This SaaS has everything an average user would want. It is perfect for small companies or folks who just want to set up a newsletter easily, without all the additional hustle of getting to use with the 100 of features the other platforms give you. I have tried and used for short periods a lot of them and I have found MailerLite to suit best my needs. It has free version of up to 1000 subscribers, Email builder, automations, site and forms builder in the free version. What more could I ask. It's more than enough to test out my idea, see if it will bring in some profit, and if it does I'll happily go on for the paid version.

Cons

Well I was trying to use some HTML code in one email but I could get it work for the life of me. I'm not a programmer by any means but I know how to deal with code, and HTML in particular. I was really frustrated and somewhat angry. As a last resort I mailed the support (I almost never do it because, they never give me any good advice, not MailerLite, but all support as general). here it wasn't the case, the agent pointed me out what I had to use and it did the job. Other than that I really haven't had any other issues. Gave it 4 starts, because it's my only contact with the support and really don't know more than that.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and giving us some feedback regarding the HTML code issues.

Roland D.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great, flexible service, with excellent support

Used them for years now, and recommend them to all my clients

Pros

Easy to use with lots of features usually only available with expensive services.

Cons

Going in and out of the drag and drop editor can sometimes be slow.

Love to hear that you're enjoying being with us enough to recommend us, Roland! Paying it forward is the best way to go.

SW

Scott W.

Publishing, self-employed

MailerLite is the perfect email marketing solution for me

I think I went two years before having to email MailerLite my first question, and I got a response in a few hours that answered my question right off the bat. It just does what it's supposed to without any hiccups or hassles.

Pros

Intuitive interface, great product for the price, and - on the rare occasions I've contacted support - super-fast, friendly, and helpful replies from the support team.

Cons

I would love to be able to have elements in email templates auto-update without having to manually pull up and edit every single saved email in my campaigns/autoresponders. For example, if I release a new book and want to update a footer image profiling my books (that I use in the template for most of my autoresponders), right now I have to manually update every email in the autoresponders. Mailerlite has some templates elements that are dynamic, but after emailing their support, they confirmed what I want to do isn't currently supported with dynamic elements. Fingers crossed they'll fix this in the future.

Thanks so much for the kind words. We appreciate the feedback on auto-updating elements. Feel free to also add this on the request list (you can find this when you log in via your profile button on the top right). This way, other users can upvote and help us get these type of features worked on faster!

KS

Kisilda S.

Management Consulting, self-employed

This is a review from an unheard MailerLite Classic User

Honestly I was happy until MailerLite released a new version out of nowhere. Old user and partners were never heard. I am sorry but now I don’t have anything good to say as the new release was done just to have a shiny product with no new functions for the free users for the basic plan. It turned out that MailerLite double the price for something that clients have paid for years to have.

Pros

I liked the classic MailerLite even if it is not where it should be. MailerLite classic is easy to navigate and use.

Cons

I don’t find anything new on New Version of MailerLite. It is confusing and expensive.

Hi Kisilda, thank you for your review and your feedback. We really value understanding our users. Should you wish, feel free to email me back with your concerns about the new MailerLite.

MB

Margaret B.

Philanthropy, 1-10 employees

Best Email Delivery Product

We are able to deliver a lot of work to our subscribers easily and reliably. Whether we have time to preplan a piece, or need to push a message out quickly, we are always able to get this done easily through Mailerlite. The software is an asset to our work.

Pros

We were able to move from our other platform and set up on Mailerlite quickly, even though we have a low technical IQ. Very intuitive and a lot of great help articles and videos. However, when we are stumped, the chat support is excellent. Quick and immediate responses. Always helpful even when it is our error.

Cons

We would like more design flexibility for the emails, landing pages and websites. We do not have an html background, so rely on the prebuilt blocks and templates for most of our pieces. However, what is prebuilt is really good.

Thank you for leaving such a thorough and helpful review for us, Margaret. We're glad to hear that it's been feeling intuitive setting up MailerLite and that we've been helpful when needed.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Streamlined, Yet Powerful Tool for email Marketing Campaigns

Pros

I have used a number of competing email tracking programs and MailerLite is by far the most streamlined and easy to use I have come across. That said, it doesn't sacrifice any of the capability. I have run multiple email marketing campaigns with it (soliciting reviews for fiction novels and album releases) and was delighted with MailerLite's flexibility and power. It integrates seamlessly with Gmail...

Cons

I have no complaints about MailerLite's functionality--it is easy to use, is full featured, and integrates well with other email apps. However, in order to disable the "this message is tracked by MailerLite" footer included in the message, users need to pay an annual subscription fee. Given how intrusive that message looks, I had no choice but to pay the fee. That said, the fee seemed reasonable given the power of the software.

We're so glad to hear we cover all your needs with our features.

Camilla G.

E-Learning, self-employed

Mailerlite is THE BEST marketing tool for solopreneurs who want powerful+userfriendly functionality!

Excellent.

Pros

I am LOVING the new Mailerlite!Please send my praise to the product development team and the support team:You provide an amazing service!There are 3 critical reasons I want to stay with Mailerlite and recommend it to all my colleagues:The new advanced functions are much needed and on point, the ease of use, and the amazing customer support – at a reasonable price for a solopreneur.

Cons

When the new Mailerlite was launched, the migration functionality from the old to the new version took months to come. So I ended up having to do a lot of the migration manually, which was time-consuming. And in that time I paid for 2 subscriptions. I think this launch could have been organized better. But this is the only con I have, and now it's over. Because of all the Pros, I am still a happy Mailerlite user. I do think they deliver on the value, so I can look through my fingers with this hiccup.

Maurice H.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

With MailerLite, your email marketing will

The overall experience with MailerLite is very, very smooth. Especially after using a variety of other mailing platforms, who sometimes have a difficult setup process.

Pros

The ease of use and quick implementation of all needed features. Starting with MailerLite is very easy. Import your subscriber list, create an email and send it out, in just a few clicks.Also, creating landing pages and sign-up forms is a few clicks away.

Cons

If there is one feature I would like to see in the free plan would be Auto Resend, where emails will be resent after they are not delivered.Still, this being more of a premium feature anyways, there are no other cons that I have found.

AS

Ashtyn S.

Sports, 1-10 employees

[sensitive content hidden] was AMAZING

Overall, minus the challenges in the beginning, I would say my boss and I are very happy with what MailerLite has been able to provide.

Pros

To be honest I was very skeptical of MailerLite in the beginning. My boss and I were having far too many issues and we were unable to get ahold of ANYONE to help us with our issues. We were trying for weeks to get things figured out with no success. Luckily after a few trys we were able to come in contact with [sensitive content hidden] who helped us SO much and is the sole reason we were able to get things running. Truly cannot say enough good things about his service and help in the process of starting our newsletter.

Cons

I really enjoyed the Instagram embedding feature MailerLite used to have and I'm quite bummed it's no longer there. I also would recommend all customer service staff learn from [sensitive content hidden] in how to better help people.

CT

Carolyn T.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Looking Forward to a Long and Happy Journey with Mailerlite! 🤩

I'm in the setup process right now, but from what I can see so far it looks like the features are easy to manage. Plus there are lots of Youtube videos for help. I had Mailchimp for a while but it's difficult to manage and kind of "buggy" at times. Plus, the biggest drawback is... as soon as you figure out how to operate the features, and by the time you come back, they have rearranged everything....

Pros

The systems are fairly easy to set up and get going. Chat customer service is great.

Cons

My profession email account is with GoDaddy Office 365. At this time, the Mailerlite platform is not compatible with Office 365. Yesterday, I spent about a half hour with [sensitive content hidden] to trouble shoot why I was getting a warning notice on emails while sending them to myself in test mode. [sensitive content hidden] thought the trouble was because of the word "test" in the subject line...

SR

Sanket R.

Consumer Services, self-employed

MailerLite Review

I'm in the game plan cycle right now, but from what I can see that far seems like the components are quite easy to make due. Other than there are heaps of Youtube accounts for help. I had Mailchimp for quite a while anyway it's difficult to manage and kind of "buggy" occasionally. Additionally, the best disservice is... at the point when you figure out a smart method for working the features, and when...

Pros

The old variant was OK, it took care of business with a decent cost in contrast with a swelled MailChimp. Straightforward email advertising and mechanization. I was energized for the new rendition to be delivered as it seemed to be a positive development for the UI (as the old variant was, exceptionally dated). Be that as it may, after they delivered the new evaluating structure, practically twofold...

Cons

When I first used MailerLite, I didn't like how the product stacked gradually and occasionally didn't stack at all. I believe these were only growing pains because I haven't experienced any problems in a while. A labeling framework is one thing MailerLite is missing that I really wish they would provide. They provide what they refer to as "gatherings," which are really just cans to put various supporters in. I wish there was a way to mark a supporter with a remark such as "first time buyer" or something similar so I could subsequently divide areas of gatherings for more in-depth attention. Bunches are more like recordings to me. The majority of mailing list providers sell records and labels. It seems that MailerLite has consolidated.

JL

Jennifer L.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Mailerlite is feature packed and affordable

Whenever I have contacted support they have been wonderful. They have great training materials and I love how they keep innovating.

Pros

So many features and such a generous intro package at $9.

Cons

I sometimes have found the website builder a little fussy but I really can’t complain, at $9 a month for a site and email marketing it is such a tremendous part of our business.

AS

Amir S.

My Horrifying experience with MailerLite

My experience with MailerLite. After weeks of research on the best and most economic way on how to send weekly emails to the subscribers of my small business , I choose MailerLite. What a mistake ! It turned out to be one of the most painful experiences as a small business owner. After weeks of research on the best and most economic way on how to send weekly emails to the subscribers of my small...

Pros

You would get a Cheap service

Cons

You would loose your money. They blame you for their failure to just charge your credit card for no service. Their system can't deliver and then they blame you. read other reviews all over web. Many people have complained about their delivery rate. You would loose your mailing list to them.