MailerLite Reviews

MailerLite

Email marketing software for smart business

MailerLite

Review Summary

Pros

Our team recently switched to MailerLite and have had a great experience thus far. It's easy to drag and drop clean designs into newsletters which surprisingly makes email-designing fun.

It has a good deliverability rate and is free up to a 1000 users. I use this to send out emails about my creative projects and you can design some very attractive emails.

nick b.

If you still need help their customer service is wonderful and I docked it one star as I thought it was a little on the slower side, however it was almost a year ago I last needed their help.

Traci W.

Cons

I miss image tag and field desperately because I often send some personalized images and with MailerLite I need to use some other provider which offers that custom field.

Dominik L.

I don't have any suggestions or complaints, it works correctly, I don't have anything to dislike me.

Elizabeth P.

Pathetic; my account was approved and suddenly unapproved. After contacting the useless customer support, all they could do is ask me to use another service provider.

Ben C.

No ESP is perfect, but MailerLite comes the closest

Overall, (even when I was accidentally crashing my own automations and blaming it on the support staff!) they have been absolutely stellar. I have shopped around plenty, used several other services, and am, for sure, sticking with MailerLite for the long haul.

Pros

The interface is so easy and intuitive, and I always know how to do what I want to do in MailerLite. As a tech-challenged solopreneur and content creator, I want to spend as little time as possible on the learning curve, so I can focus on what my people want: the content. Custom branding is spot-on, and segmentation works perfectly.

Cons

Deliverability isn't what it could be, but we're ALL working on that one! And this is probably more the fault of user habits and annoying AI filters.

Flores, thank you for the stellar review ;) We're enthusiastic and glad to hear that we're making easier the journey of our customers. I wish you all the best for your solopreneur adventure! Irene

Easy to use Email Campaign Builder

MailerLite is easy to use and their team has been very responsive. For example. when we had to upgrade our license as we had hit our subscriber count, last minute, on a Friday, I was stressing! They got our license updated quickly so I could get my time sensitive email out on time.

Pros

This software was easy to implement and use! We have a period of high traffic where we have to reach out to multiple segments with customized information. MailerLite takes the stress out of it. It is easy to manage our subscriber list and I appreciate the intuitive advanced recipient settings that allow me to build in logic based on subscriber segments for sending email campaigns. The simple and easy...

Cons

I've used other software that let us to custom html email design. The built in content builder can be a bit challenging if you really want to customize for a specific look. That being said, the content builder is made to let anyone easily and quickly create emails.

My Horrifying experience with MailerLite

My experience with MailerLite. After weeks of research on the best and most economic way on how to send weekly emails to the subscribers of my small business , I choose MailerLite. What a mistake ! It turned out to be one of the most painful experiences as a small business owner. After weeks of research on the best and most economic way on how to send weekly emails to the subscribers of my small...

Pros

You would get a Cheap service

Cons

You would loose your money. They blame you for their failure to just charge your credit card for no service. Their system can't deliver and then they blame you. read other reviews all over web. Many people have complained about their delivery rate. You would loose your mailing list to them.

All very good, once I got going

Overall, I like the company and the platform. It's not as slick as some of the others I've seen, but I believe it's a great value and gets the job done. I like that there are tutorials on just about everything, and customer support is very quick to respond when I have an issue.

Pros

It truly is a "drag and drop" landing page and website builder! I've worked with other website builders that make it so much more complicated than it needs to be. With MailerLite, I just literally drag a text box from the sidebar and plunk it down wherever I want to on my landing page. It's super easy to move sections up or down, too. It's not 100% customizable, and I've had to adjust my design plans...

Cons

I wish there were more templates to choose from! Most everything can be tweaked and customized to fit my brand but I wish there was a template that was closer to what I was looking for from the get-go. I mentioned in the "pros" section that it's not 100% customizable, and found myself wishing here and there that I could just change this one little thing or move this/that over here/there. But like I said, being a bit more confined in the design options is probably a blessing for me and helped me get my landing pages, website and sales pages designed much quicker.

A great mailing software for business newsletters and automation

My overall experience has been pretty great. I have two mailing lists for two different business ventures. One with 700 people on my list, and one with 7,000. MailerLite works fantastic whether you're on the free or paid plan. The only difference is (for how I use it), you can't use automated sequences on the free plan. I have very few complaints about the software.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. It's a beautiful dashboard that's easily navigated. The WYSIWYG editor is super sleek. From adding new subscribers to setting up complex automations, it's all really simple.

Cons

Sometimes there's a hiccup in the system that causes text editing to mess up. What I mean is that I'll be typing and I'll get to where I am right now, and the cursor will reset to the beginning and start type there instead. If I refresh the page, the problem goes away.

Hey Trever, Thank you! I loved to read your review of MailerLite and yes, our web design is super sleek ;) Don't hesitate to contact us for anything you need - we are always there for you. Irene

Best newsletter software for small and midsize business

My overall experience is very positive, I keep using this software and have had no issues and had a great support all along.

Pros

I really enjoy this platform, I think is the best I have encountered I have tried constant contact and Mailchimp but Mailerlite is my favourite. It's easy to use, it is very inexpensive and gives you the most benefits for your price. I found the customer service very helpful when I ran into difficulties which really like I also enjoyed how simple is to use to design newsletter with this platform.

Cons

I think the thing I like the least about this software is the fact that it can be little bit difficult to set up, I don't like that it asks for verification of my website and asking me to up DNS codes in. I would appricaiet it to be more simple process I know with Mailchimp the set up was much easier

Hello Helena, Thank you very much for leaving your feedback and I am very happy to hear you are having a very good experience with MailerLite! The reason why we require the authorization of your domain is because it helps to improve deliverability. Thanks again!

Great Email Marketing Software for a Competitive Price!

Overall experience with MailerLite has been positive with only minor hiccups over the past few years I've been a user. A year or so ago they had an issue with one of their servers causing spam traps to be tripped on major email providers, but they resolved the issue relatively quickly.

Pros

Mailerlite has helped me to build an email list with a bevy of features like autoresponders, pop-up forms, and trigger actions all for a monthly fee of $10! The MailerLite team is constantly adding new features and updates to help their users attain new subscribers. They are friendly and responsive whenever you have a problem or request a feature.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any complaints about MailerLite. They suit my email marketing needs perfectly!

Great MailChimp alternative

When MailChimp changed their business model, I needed to find something else that as easy to use but gave me the features I still needed

Pros

Very user friendly, drag and drop dashboard. Lots of templates that are easy to tailor to what you want.

Cons

Some of the blocks are a little restrictive and cannot be modified within those blocks. Would be great If the block themselves could be modified

Mailerite perfect for email campaigns

I have already recommended Mailerlite to several friends who are business owners.

Pros

Mailerlite's drag and drop design feature for emails saves me a lot of time to design emails for my email marketing campaigns. Its cost was a big selling point for me.

Cons

More templates and customization for popup forms

Hands down the best customer support I've received in all of 2019. You can reach out via email or live chat and they even respond when you leave a comment on a help article to help you solve everything. And the people answering are actually knowledgeable in the product. They work to understand your problem and needs and offer a solution that does it (if one exists).

Pros

Their support is outstanding. Software wise - you get all of the features a typical email marketer wants. There are no absurd pricing tiers where the one feature you need is bundled in the most expensive tier.

Cons

The drag and drop builder could allow for more customization of elements, but I understand that it's not an easy thing to develop.

Easy-to-use affordable email marketing platform with all of the features most people need

Pros

MailerLite is one of the most affordable email marketing platforms right now with all of the features most people need like automations, a drag and drop builder and embedded signup forms. Their most useful feature is automations, which lets you send a sequence of emails to subscribers if they join a list, if one of their contact fields gets updated (example: if they go from being a free to a paid...

Cons

1. Right now, you can only create yes or no branches in automations. So for example, let's say that you want subscribers who already downloaded a lead gen to not receive an email in the automation about it. The only way to do this right now is to create a yes/no branch. If yes, they'll receive the rest of the sequence in the yes branch *without* the specific email. If no, they'll receive the rest...

Great for creating email newsletters and shareable pdf brochures

Mailerlite is a Godsent, I think the export to PDF has a lot of potential. There are over 12 million WhatsApp users in Kenya, most of our clients and prospects, are more willing to connect us via WhatsApp than by email. The PDF brochures has become one of our biggest marketing assets as we can keep them updated about our projects in a more social way. The fact that the brochures are more shareable...

Pros

- I used Mailerlite to create email newsletters (Which any email marketing software can do) but most importantly I used Mialerlite to create sharable pdf brochures showcasing our past/current projects (My client was an Architecture company). These "brochures" are light size wise as the target platform was Whatsapp. The images are clickable linking to the projects on our websites, this way when sent...

Cons

- My emails kept going to the spam folder which was very bothersome, so I contacted support and I was told I'm not the only one having the same problem and that it's an issue they're working on as they were blacklisted (Or something like that) -As much as I love the featured image element, it renders differently on Outlook desktop app. Instead of appearing as one large image, the images appeared as a grid, with nine images of the same image taking the space instead of one large image. It was a bit disconcerting and there was no way around it.

Every Start-Up's Sidekick!

I am a Marketing Specialist by profession and software/tools like this make my job so much easier, for which I am very grateful! I recently stumbled upon MailerLite when I was building my E-Commerce website. Previously, I used to use MailChimp (Also a great tool and I currently use it only at work). Mailerlite seamlessly integrated with my Shopify Store and gave me so much power over my marketing strategies. In my opinion, it's the best E-mail Automation tool out there, with much more options and customizations that can help you craft powerful newsletters, landing pages, etc.

Pros

1) Highly Optimized And Responsive: MailerLite helps me to design and create newsletters that look amazing on desktops, tablets, and mobiles. 2) Design Capabilities: It's safe to say that the design capabilities that MailerLite gives you are far better than any other similar product in its segment. What I mean to say is, the "little things" that MailerLite allows you to do can add significant value...

Cons

1) Slightly Laggy: MailerLite can occasionally become laggy and starts freezing when you import a lot of contacts. Now, I don't really know if this is due to my hardware set up (which is quite recent), but I've asked around and I've gotten mixed opinions about this. 2) Customization Options: It would be really great if MailerLite introduces some more Landing Page customization options in the near future. Whatever be the case, it's still the best E-mail Automation software, in my opinion.

Great Mailing System - Highly Recommend

Mailerlite was my first choice originally because they have a free limit. Most other services require monthly payments right from the start, so my expectations were low. However, I've been using them for my website and I have nothing to say BUT AWESOME! There interface is clean. The ability to integrate the different services directly into the website (popups, pop unders, direct mailing software)...

Pros

Easy to use Great customer support Tons of options Easy to manage mailing list Ability to setup intermittent emails

Cons

Slow to load the designing tables

Austin, thank for the review and the comment about the pop-ups. We will certainly make them more visible.

MailerLite could be good, but....

I use MailerLite for an author pen name. That pen name writes clean and wholesome romance, and my list consists of 46 people who opted in to get a free short story. Once a week I send an email to my list to tell them about my books. I noticed that instead of going out to 46, my emails only went out to 32. I checked, and there were no bounces. So I contacted support to ask about this gap. After a...

Pros

You can't beat free if the product is good, and for that price MailerLite is perfect for small list owners. You can have up to 500 free subscribers, and after that, the price is reasonable. MailerLite has a reputation for good deliverability. Even the free version offers segmenting and other advanced stuff.

Cons

The user interface isn't very intuitive, and things like finding the field to add a name seems clumsy to me. I have a friend who's blind, and he's struggling with the software. I've often had to log into his account to help him with tasks, because the product isn't optimized for visual impaired users. Support is slow to answer questions. And at least at one point straight out threatening. I'll get back to that in the description below.

Hi Britt, Thank you for your review. I've been investigating your case and on our system, last time you had a chat with our Customer Support dates back to 2 years ago. Could you please send the screenshots of the conversation you described to feedback@mailerlite.com? I'd like to investigate more and help you as much as I can. All the best, Irene

Mailchimp as it should be

I use it for all my small and medium sized clients and i feel comfortable in saying that the free plan can cover almost any need they have.

Pros

Mailerlite is my software of choice if you plan to step in the newsletter marketing arena. It has all the features you need (and some top-class feature) to get you up and running quickly with an easy learning curve. The Survey and Quizzes function is my favorite one, alongside it's simple automation workflow engine.

Cons

Mailerlite it's a pleasure to use, but it's not (yet?) capable as more structured tools like Active Campaign or Sendinblue as far as segmenting and tracking user for marketing purposes. If you need more "power" under the hood you'll have to switch. But you'll miss the ease of use and the marvelous template builder this tool has!

Excellent email marketing platform, easy to use

MailerLite allows me to send a sequence of emails to customers that I add to a list, it improves the workflow since all employees can be kept informed about company events. Taking advantage of customer data and much more. The connection to MailerLite was much easier than I expected, with a fast integration process and without interruptions. As for the mailing lists, they are super simple to use and...

Pros

MailerLite has a simplicity approach, excellent customer service and beautiful email designs that allow you to create beautiful campaigns, track your results and design custom pop-ups, has many useful functions and integrations that are simple and easy to use, with a process of Quick and smooth integration. A learning curve is not required. MailerLite is incredibly easy to use and it won't take long to get used to it. Its software is incredibly progressive and works perfectly on all devices, it is highly optimized and responsive.

Cons

Great service for email marketing

I used to send emails with Mailchimp, but since Jan 2020 I completely transfer my email marketing to Mailerlite.

Pros

Mailerlite has a easy and user-friendly software, which is perfect solution for daily email marketing. I use and landing page builder.

Cons

In my opinion there is just one cons. If you use site /landing page builder there is no option to add custom block (for example with 4 or 5 columns). It could be very useful if I have an option to choose the size of new blocks.

Chose it over Mailchimp and I couldn't be happier.

Amazing. I expect to keep using it and recommending the same to anyone who's starting off with email marketing and is cost-conscious.

Pros

It's user interface is highly interactive. Any amateur can learn how to design interactive email templates and landing pages, how to create/segment their lists and how to gather statistics. They keep doing seminars from time to time and their blog is really helpful to make sure you're following the best practices. MailerLite can handle all your functions smoothly and the best thing is - it'll charge you way lesser than any of the other software's out there (taking a dig at MailChimp particularly).

Cons

As I'm scaling up, I'm realizing that I have to use some external 3rd party software to handle advanced functions. If you wish to use email marketing primarily (and not as a support function), MailerLite's email testing platform is basic and while I bugged customer support constantly for answers on how to better authenticate my domain settings, I've been failing to get any productive response that can help me. I don't know whether any other software's gives a full suite of features but I'm sure that I would expect it from the one I'm using.

I enjoy Mailerlite!

Mailerlite is a great start to understanding email marketing and automation. It has helped me to connect with my subscribers more frequently while also setting up auto RSS feed for any blog posts that I create. I've been using it for a few years, and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Pros

The first 1000 email subscribers are FREE! Mailerlite makes it easy to send email campaigns and schedule email campaigns. It also makes it easy to set up sequences if I am doing an e-challenge via email. I enjoy being able to reuse templates or view prior recent emails, so that I am able to change the content but still streamline the design. The software also ensures that duplicate email subscribers are not saved in the system, and with the touch of a button, you can add a single subscriber, upload a txt with list of subscribers, or put them in groups. Pop-ups, buttons, and landing pages are all easy to create and customize. Lastly, Mailerlite allows partnerships with other software companies for easy sync and connection, which is a HUGE plus to saving time and money.

Cons

Over the years, Mailerlite has improved on its products and services. My only two cons are sporadically the auto RSS feed will send old blog posts from prior years, and also when I opened a mailerlite account for another business, it shortened my available number of email subscribers. However, those are minute issues.

The best solution for someone on a budget

Pros

This was my best first email software and it served me extremely well. The price is out of this world cheap, while the features are actually pretty good considering. It doesn’t have a a huge range of functionality for analytics and reporting but for this price point it’s a great tool.

Cons

It was missing a lot of analytics and reporting. This didn’t matter... until it really did.

Hello Keleigh, Thank you for your review! All of the new features or existing feature updates come from the feedback we receive from our clients. We take it very seriously and it helps us to improve MailerLite. We do plan to improve our reporting functionality in the future. Thank you!

Perfect launchpad for email marketing

I recommend it to every single business owner I work with who doesn't need complex automations and integrations - however Mailerlite is fully capable of handling a complete funnel with many automations and branches, from opt-in and landing page to ending sequences, adding them to other, delays, and much more. They just updated their landing page builder which has been a huge step up and I'll continue to recommend this to all of my clients, who haven't had a single complaint yet!

Pros

MailerLite has been the underdog and they're really listening to customer needs and developing things that people want and need without going overboard. The interface is clean and simple, landing pages, opt-ins, and automations do the job. The commerce connection has been flawless with Wordpress. What I really like about MailerLite is their deliverability rate and vetting process. They really do check accounts being signed up, which keeps their rates high and avoiding the promotion tab.

Cons

It's not popular among automation connections - I have to go through Zapier, and also there's no real tagging. But that's also why I like it - it's simple and straightforward, no fluff no fuss, no excuses to not get the job done.

Great alternative to Mailchimp

Pros

Mailerlite provides all the functionality we need for a fraction of the price of Mailchimp. Their customer support is better too.

Cons

We hit a few road blocks setting up our account, but their customer support helped us through it.

An excellent, affordable email service

Amazing! I love Mailerlite. They are user friendly, affordable, and smash many of their competitors out of the water. They are also innovating and adding new things all the time.

Pros

Mailerlite has been great at setting up automation systems to send out emails to new customers. There are handy drag and drop features and a ton of free online tutorials to guide you through different uses of Mailerlite. The customer support is great. They are prompt to answer queries through their online chat.

Cons

It takes time to get used to the email template creation features. But it's a small complaint and more about the user wanting to know it all now!

Hi Karen, Your review made my day! Thank you from all the MailerLite Team. Stay tuned for the next innovations we have in mind ;)

Best Option for Small businesses

My overall experience has been great with Mailerlite

Pros

It's easy to use and create my newsletters. You can also embed landing pages and sign up forms on your website.

Cons

I do wish that the free plan offered more features and a higher subscriber rate. I understand that I'll have to upgrade soon.