MailerLite Logo

MailerLite

Email marketing software for smart business

MailerLite Reviews

4.7

1.5K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.26/10

Reviews by rating

It's great what you can get on the free plan and the customer service is excellent. I am totally sold on the power of email marketing and Mailerlite has made it so easy.
It is amazing and really helpful that they allow free users access to their email automation feature.
Love the user friendliness. It was easy to set up and the videos are so well done whenever I want to add efficiencies, have questions, or want to tweak my newsletters, they're so helpful.
What I mean is that I'll be typing and I'll get to where I am right now, and the cursor will reset to the beginning and start type there instead. If I refresh the page, the problem goes away.
In the beginning I made some mistakes on approval, but that was totally from my lack of understanding.

1,527 reviews

Ani P.

Pain Resolution

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Happy Customer

Transcript

Ani: Hey, my name is Ani. I'm a pain relief specialist, and I give MailerLite five out of five. For more...

Matt H.

President

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great alternative solution for email marketing

Transcript

Matt H.: Hello I'm Matt, President of a local IT company. We used MailerLite and give it a rating of...

Nikki D.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Mailer Lite ~ Great Customer Service and Wonderful Option for Total Beginners

I initially had an in issue with embedding a form that I had created in MailerLite into my WordPress site. I emailed Customer Support and received a quick response! Honestly, I wasn't expecting a personalized response that soon. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was kind enough to inform me that I may have installed the plug-in incorrectly and advised me on the steps of how to embed it properly. Sure enough! User error. I was able to embed and redesign to the form to my liking. Tested it and it works! Thank you, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] !⭐️

Pros

As a newbie to email marketing, I wished for an email management software that would be suitable for beginners. The instructor for an email campaign class mentioned that she recommended MailerLite for such folks as me and I am glad that she did! I recall attempting to use MailChimp and found it difficult to navigate through and not as intuitive as I liked. For Constant Contact, I did use that when I consulted for a small company but disliked the limited options. I also am intrigued by the MailerLite Academy and want to enroll in that.

Cons

The *only* thing that I dislike is that I, along with others in my class, didn't care for the background elements in the landing page templates. We all thought that we could modify the red color to a different color to match our background to no avail. It took some ingenuity but I did end up creating a landing page that I really like.

Super curious how your landing page ended up, Nikki! And you should definitely enrol into the MailerLite Academy.

RP

Ruth P.

E-Learning, self-employed

Support is always excellent.

For the price, it is a great software with loads of features and the staff always put me in a better mood.

Pros

Easy to use - great automation features - excellent, friendly, helpful staff.

Cons

Once in a while an email isn't sent properly to all my subscribers, or something doesn't work properly and I have to go to support - they're always super helpful, friendly and I'm usually happy by the end of the conversation - Another con- I've stopped using countdowns in emails, but I think that's due to the Apple iphones privacy settings, they just don't work anymore.The rich text composer can be infuriating - the backspace button on the keyboard has some sort of bug in that scenario where it will just delete an entire email. But I've just got into the habit of writing in Word and copy pasting into the email editor.

KS

Kisilda S.

Management Consulting, self-employed

This is a review from an unheard MailerLite Classic User

Honestly I was happy until MailerLite released a new version out of nowhere. Old user and partners were never heard. I am sorry but now I don’t have anything good to say as the new release was done just to have a shiny product with no new functions for the free users for the basic plan. It turned out that MailerLite double the price for something that clients have paid for years to have.

Pros

I liked the classic MailerLite even if it is not where it should be. MailerLite classic is easy to navigate and use.

Cons

I don’t find anything new on New Version of MailerLite. It is confusing and expensive.

Hi Kisilda, thank you for your review and your feedback. We really value understanding our users. Should you wish, feel free to email me back with your concerns about the new MailerLite.

KS

Konstantinos S.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

An excellent service.

Amazing! Not only is it a reliable service overall, but it integrates with most popular platforms, and works very well. To make the experience even better, there is a friendly and knowledgeable support team to assist you quickly and conveniently should you need any questions answered.

Pros

It is easy to work with, and integrates well with most popular platforms.

Cons

The fact that there exist some bugs in the back end. Also the fact that due to this being a transitional period, there exist both an old and a new Mailerlite versions, which might create some confusion for daily users, both in terms of UI, and UX.

TA

Thomas A.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Outstanding Customer Support

Replacing another eMail Automation product, Integration with ThriveCart

Pros

Ease of Use, Outstanding Customer Support (24x7), Company Values

Cons

I couldn't find anothing I didn't like. However, I needed a few hints and recommendations by the excellent support team of MailerLite to fully understand the minute details of how MailerLite works. This may be because my workflow is quite elaborate. For a simple (sign-up, send automated email sequence) workflow, MailerLite is extremely and intuitively easy to use.

SM

Samantha M.

E-Learning, self-employed

Easy to use & even better customer service!

Pros

It is user friends & the live chat is one of the best I have used in over a decade as a small business owner. I learned a ton from [sensitive content hidden] in a short amount of time on how to set up my automations - something that has taken me years to do in other platforms. I recommend MailerLite because of the customer support live chat in my 40,000+ women entrepreneur group daily - and because of the people like Lilan before the screen that make it easy for us to utilize this powerful tool. Thank you for all you do!

Cons

Sometimes it deletes my email drafts... but that could be user error too :)

MA

Molly A.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Love MailerLite!

Pros

Very easy to use and set up. The customer support is phenomenal! I have been using MailerLite for 5 years now. It's all I need to run effective email marketing campaigns!

Cons

I wish they had a better way of automatically tagging subscribers.

MO

Mieya O.

Real Estate, self-employed

Customer Service ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Pros

I've bee dealing with Google Domains for about a week to help me connect my domain to use with Mailerlite. It took 3 people there that told me everything looked okay and that the records were correct and in less than maybe 10 minutes. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] with Mailerlite was able to tell me I had a typo and the issue was fixed. Thank you Keren so much. I wanted to cry if it couldn't be fixed.

Cons

It wasn't as easy to connect with google domain as other email platforms I've used in the pass. But in their defensive, I can do a lot more with Mailerlite than I could with others like Flodesk and Mailchimp.

AP

Ameyalli P.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Amazing tool for begginers!

Pros

I love Mailer lite because it´s free. I mean I wil dit the upgrade ut it´s amazing from people that is just starting their business

Cons

Integrations with Thrive themes, it was hard at the beggining

MN

Melanie N.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Beginner

Mailerlite is great. The customer support has been informative and responsive and friendly. I appreciate that mailerlite has standards and takes care to not be associated with scammy clients. This actually makes me feel better about becoming one of their clients.

Pros

I liked that there was a landing page builder that was quick and looked great. It had the options I wanted to offer our product. Haven't used it yet, so we will see how it goes. So far its been a good experience building out the landing page. Looking forward to trying the rest of the products offered by mailerlite

Cons

Having to spend days getting the account verified and losing days and momentum as we were switching from active campaign testing to mailerlite.

KA

Kevin A.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Great mailing system

A great overall package that's made a real difference to our scope and reach. Particularly helpful are the automation and modal options for signups. Great reporting too!

Pros

This is an easy-to-use, easy to setup, and easy to maintain system, that doesn't cost the earth for smaller businesses. Great set of features with easy mail construction tools, and some great visual features for better email appearances. Also has easy database management and personalisation tools.

Cons

Not much. Pruning and managing subs database is always painful, but not particularly more so in MaileLite. The builder is goog, but could do with some more specialist modules relevant to book publishers, perhaps.

SW

Scott W.

Publishing, self-employed

MailerLite is the perfect email marketing solution for me

I think I went two years before having to email MailerLite my first question, and I got a response in a few hours that answered my question right off the bat. It just does what it's supposed to without any hiccups or hassles.

Pros

Intuitive interface, great product for the price, and - on the rare occasions I've contacted support - super-fast, friendly, and helpful replies from the support team.

Cons

I would love to be able to have elements in email templates auto-update without having to manually pull up and edit every single saved email in my campaigns/autoresponders. For example, if I release a new book and want to update a footer image profiling my books (that I use in the template for most of my autoresponders), right now I have to manually update every email in the autoresponders. Mailerlite has some templates elements that are dynamic, but after emailing their support, they confirmed what I want to do isn't currently supported with dynamic elements. Fingers crossed they'll fix this in the future.

Thanks so much for the kind words. We appreciate the feedback on auto-updating elements. Feel free to also add this on the request list (you can find this when you log in via your profile button on the top right). This way, other users can upvote and help us get these type of features worked on faster!

JS

James S.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Really Solid Software and Customer Service

Love it. Will be hard to ever leave.

Pros

Great customizability for emails and very simple to use. It is the most design friendly email service I have used. Also incredible customer service. I accidentally deleted a very important landing page built through mailerlite - I emailed their support and it was restored within an hour. I accidentally deleted ALL of our subscribers - I emailed support again and again they were all restored within a couple hours. Very impressed.

Cons

I wish video was easier to insert into the emails. I also wish it was easier to segment. ConvertKit maybe a better option for segmenting and targeting.

Hi James, thank you for your lovely and. Fair feedback. I have to say the design on your Bissy Energy page is amazing! - Lay

Tiffany B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Amaaazing service, so easy to use and must have features

I have been using Mailerlite for myself and clients for years and find it so easy to use and their support is top class. I have worked with other well know email platforms before and they don't compare with Mailerlite.

Pros

Mailerlite automations are super easy to set up, the interface makes it clear and friction free

Cons

I find the grouping and segmenting slightly confusing but support is always on hand and super quick to reply

Price, user experience and support - A triple threat if I must say so myself! Thank you for your review, Tiffany.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Streamlined, Yet Powerful Tool for email Marketing Campaigns

Pros

I have used a number of competing email tracking programs and MailerLite is by far the most streamlined and easy to use I have come across. That said, it doesn't sacrifice any of the capability. I have run multiple email marketing campaigns with it (soliciting reviews for fiction novels and album releases) and was delighted with MailerLite's flexibility and power. It integrates seamlessly with Gmail...

Cons

I have no complaints about MailerLite's functionality--it is easy to use, is full featured, and integrates well with other email apps. However, in order to disable the "this message is tracked by MailerLite" footer included in the message, users need to pay an annual subscription fee. Given how intrusive that message looks, I had no choice but to pay the fee. That said, the fee seemed reasonable given the power of the software.

We're so glad to hear we cover all your needs with our features.

MS

Mohammed S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Allows you to automate your way all the way through to your marketing and outreach goals

My first experience with MailerLite for conducting academic research was a huge miss from the very start, and ended up being quite disappointing because the numbers we were getting were abysmal by all accounts. But as I later found out from subsequent projects I worked on, the problem was not from the system, but from us (the research team). Because we hadn't taken much time to explore the full range of features and how to adapt them to our specific needs, we ended up with a highly defective campaign that was doomed to fail. Ever since then, I have collaborated on over 15 different campaigns with MailerLite, and each of them were a huge success, with outcomes far exceeding our modest expectations.

Pros

The list management protocols work excellently to create a really clean database of the most useful contacts. Not only does this reduce the overall cost of running our campaigns, it also affects the outcome of our campaign impact assessment results. We no longer get to factor in dead weights in our computations, which used to come up really short and make us feel like we failing woefully. Until MailerLite cleaned it up and gave us true measures of our actual impact.

Cons

Some of the most advanced embedded tracking features are a bit intrusive and feel like an invasion of the privacy of our clients, even though they do end up providing us with very valuable insights on our campaigns and the market.

Hi Mohammed, thank you for sharing such a detailed experience with us. Should you have any other feedback, you can always mail us at feedback@mailerlite.com - we love to hear from our community.

SF

Sue F.

Retail, self-employed

Customer Support Second to None

I am setting up a mailing list from scratch and I have found the functionality to be great. The couple of times I have found the help files to be less than helpful, someone has responded to my feedback and answered my queries and made the functionality very clear. Wonderful to know that someone actually reads (and responds) to feedback, rather than it going into a black hole.

Pros

As a brand new user, I am finding Mailerlite very easy to use, with almost all the functionality I need so far. I have asked a couple of questions where I do not understand the functionality and my questions have been answered very quickly! The automation is very intuitive and easy to set up.

Cons

I wanted to create a dropdown with 12 options (for months), but found the limit was 10 options. Small issue, but a bit of a hindrance.

Hi Sue, amazing to have you with us - was really curious about your Vintage shop, you should pass by the site, so I can have a look. I'm a sucker for a good find. If you have any further questions, you know where to find our amazing support team. - Lay

TC

Tracey C.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Easy to use and good functionality

Overall MailerLite is my favourite email marketing software. It's easy to use, has many functions and is intuitive to use so you don't have to fumble around trying to find out to do things! Knowledge base is good and if you need help tech support is there. The Free version has everything you need if you're just starting out and all our accounts started on the free version for a few weeks until we reached the maximum number of contacts.

Pros

The drag and drop interface is easy to use and there's also an HTML option if you want to get really specific with your layout. Automation is so simple compared to other mailing platforms I've used. This is key to our marketing strategy and makes life a lot easier than before! The price is good too. If you have more than one account ( we have 6 ) it's easy to switch between them without having to logout and log back in.

Cons

A minor point but when you set up a campaign and use a template you can't go back and change the template. If the template isn't exactly how you want it you have to start the campaign from scratch. Occasionally it's slow to load, especially the drag and drop interface. But these are both minor points.

We'd love how thorough you've been Tracey! Thank you so much for your kind words.

Michael D.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Clean and Easy to Use UI, FREE tier options and features the **BEST** in the industry.

Excellent....no complaints whatsoever. Customer service was prompt and helpful

Pros

How easy it is to use. I logged in and setup a campaign with a subscription form on the landing page I had built in less than 10 minutes. Was able to verify my sending email domain quickly, and test everything with no deliverability options. None of the emails wen to spam, like other platforms I've tested, from my same domain I was using, emails went to spam, or took ages to arrive in the inbox in my test runds.

Cons

No library of images, for example other platforms are connected to pixabay or unsplash, but this is a small price to pay, as their basic pro plan starts at a low fee of $10 per month (or $84 per year) - for 5 landing pages and one website, THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE price.

You review titles is making us blush, Michael! What a treat to read this. Thank you so much on behalf of our team to write this. Glad you became part of our community. Edit: Just realized I didn't add this little part in - we do have Unsplash integrated, so a little odd that you cannot see this from your end. Here's a link that might help: https://www.mailerlite.com/video-tutorials/file-manager-store-and-organize-your-images If this doesn't work, please get in touch with our support team as they will help you out with this.

EB

Eric B.

Internet, self-employed

Best Email Marketing tool

I really love Mailerlite, all the team, the support, the ease of use, etc I'm sending now all my clients to Mailerlite.

Pros

Ease of use Cost Support (really great support, from all the team...like [SENSITIVE CONTENT],...)

Cons

You need to pay according to the total subscribers you have... even if you don't use them... It would great to be able to have as many subscribers as you want and only pay to send emails...like SendinBlue.

AB

Ashveen B.

On the right track

Used mainly for subscriber management and marketing automation. Mailerlite does a good job at providing a simple interface for non-technical users and keeping things 'lite'

Pros

Simple straightforward to roll out and import your subscribers. Subscriber management is very simple with groups and the free tier is very generous for under 1000 subscribers.

Cons

API is a big dodgy and sometimes fails with vague response code and a retry mechanism is required to mitigate that.

Hi Ashveen, thank you for your kind review. If you'd like to share more of your feedback regarding the API, feel free to reply to us with further details so we can learn more from our community.

Ed

Ellen d.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

I am very happy with MailerLite

I don't know yet how much clients I will reach with this MailerLite program, because I have just started. I have every confidence that it will be great, because I am so proud of what I made that I will shout about my business from every rooftop I can find.

Pros

During these last few weeks, I have built my own website, two landing pages, and I created several e-mail campaigns for my own business. Normally I don't like doing these things, because technical stuff is not my natural habitat, or talent . However, I loved using MailerLite! I learned to do everything myself just by watching the videos in the MailerLite Academy. I could follow every step and do it myself. MailerLite is very user friendly. Even more important, when I make something, it looks great. Now I am really proud of what I have created. When I had a question, I just asked a question to the support team and they are very helpful, and nice. I can definitely recommend MailerLite to everyone!

Cons

There were only 2 minor inconveniences in the software, that had to do with the header, and with links to photos in an image-grid. I have asked the support team for help and they did great.

We are super proud of you too, Ellen. Amazing that you are ahead with the MailerLite Academy. We're glad to have you onboard in our community, and we're keeping our fingers crossed for all those clients to pour in.

SB

Sally B.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Essential Indie Author Tool

Overall, I've loved the ease of use of MailerLite.

Pros

I love how easy it is for my assistant to access my pre-approved templates, tailor-made for my audience, and get everything set up. Neither of us have to be all that computer savvy, because MailerLite is so intuitive. The reporting tools are fantastic, too, making it easy for me to find out what my fans engage with the most.

Cons

Honestly, anything I don't like at this point is my own fault - I haven't bothered to learn more about some features that would benefit me.

Abigail N.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great for creating email newsletters and shareable pdf brochures

Mailerlite is a Godsent, I think the export to PDF has a lot of potential. There are over 12 million WhatsApp users in Kenya, most of our clients and prospects, are more willing to connect us via WhatsApp than by email. The PDF brochures has become one of our biggest marketing assets as we can keep them updated about our projects in a more social way. The fact that the brochures are more shareable...

Pros

- I used Mailerlite to create email newsletters (Which any email marketing software can do) but most importantly I used Mialerlite to create sharable pdf brochures showcasing our past/current projects (My client was an Architecture company). These "brochures" are light size wise as the target platform was Whatsapp. The images are clickable linking to the projects on our websites, this way when sent...

Cons

- My emails kept going to the spam folder which was very bothersome, so I contacted support and I was told I'm not the only one having the same problem and that it's an issue they're working on as they were blacklisted (Or something like that) -As much as I love the featured image element, it renders differently on Outlook desktop app. Instead of appearing as one large image, the images appeared as a grid, with nine images of the same image taking the space instead of one large image. It was a bit disconcerting and there was no way around it.

RH

Rosie H.

Best Platform For Email Marketing & Management On A Budget

I Love Mailer Lite! It has great features, it has an inexpensive entry price, and an easy drag-and-drop editor which makes for quick design. I always recommend it for clients on a budget or just starting out because they can learn on a free platform that allows them to use quite a few functions while they are getting their feet wet. With all the features available there is so much that can be done, from scheduled email sequences, evergreen sequences, or email campaigns for specific promotions. Overall great experience.

Pros

The free package has a ton of features that allows you to test the capabilities of Mailer Lite without paying for it. You get a very large starter number for your list before you have to pay and the fee when you do is very minimal. The functionality and templates available on the free package again allow you to see what you can potentially do. You can schedule emails as well as set up campaigns. Integrations include Website platforms as well as using API so it can be added almost anywhere. You can also track the metrics of your campaigns as well as overall and individual opens on campaigns.

Cons

Their templates are not very creative or exciting, so unless you have some of your own creative ideas, you are stuck with what they have. The templates are editable with their drag-and-drop editor. The platform has great functions but does not have as much design flex as some of the other platforms, so needs some work on that part. Their UX could also use some work to be more friendly to users who are not as tech-savvy