Oktopost Logo

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.33/10

Reviews by rating

The ability to segment posts by campaign and the approval workflow process. The UI is nice and user friendly, it is easy to onboard new contributors.
Really good packaging of offerings -- scheduling, analytics, advocacy, campaign management -- all great. Good value for the money.
Super friendly and easy to navigate. You don't have to be a digital master to know how to use it.
The dashboard and Manage post icons are different and it's confusing which one to operate from as both an employee advocate and a social media manager.
The only thing we could criticize is that we get too much e-mails. It would suffice to receive a maximum of 1-2 per month.
Limited publisher access can make things difficult with multiple business units etc.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Best B2B Social Media Platform

I've been using Oktopost for over a year and I'm happy with the tool. Customer support is quick and helpful. They communicate new features regularly. I don't have any compliants.

Pros

- Ability to schedule posts across multiple profiles - Create 'campaigns' and tag campaigns for reporting - Advocacy built in - Content calendar - Content suggestions - Social Listening - All the integrations

Cons

It would be nice to have a content calendar for advocacy posts like the regular posts.

NK

Niki K.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Oktopost Review by SUSE's Global Social Media Manager

Pros

I love that Oktopost is one tool that provides Social Media management tools, monitoring tools as well as employee advocacy board. The scheduling tools are great and I love the new AI feature which helps us diversify our content with one click of a button. The AI feature is also great for our employees as it fixes one of the main challenges we had with the board - everyone having the exact same content. While in terms of tools Oktopost is amazing, the thing I like the most is the Oktopost team. [sensitive content hidden], is extremely helpful, always there for us, and responds to our inquiries very quickly. [sensitive content hidden] always follows up and makes sure we are aware of all new tools as soon as they are released to help us be ahead of the curve.

Cons

The only thing that I've experienced challenges with is the Inbox email notifications - we have a number of linked social profiles managed by different people and Oktopost doesn't allow us to filter the email notifications for new conversations in the Inbox.

Adam H. D.

Internet, 51-200 employees

A capable yet imperfect social media tool

I came into my position as social media manager at a company that was using Oktopost and unfortunately it didn't fit our daily needs. There are some positive features that help it stand out against the competition but ultimately we went in a different direction.

Pros

The best part of Oktopost is the tracking / tagging of posts within campaigns - that gives you excellent data and sorting when you're looking back on past posting.

Cons

It's not super user-friendly, and it's missing key features that its competitors have

VS

Viktoria S.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great tool, great support!

Pros

We were looking for an employee advocacy tool and ended up with Oktopost - a one-stop solution for EA, content planning and publishing and reporting.It is very simple to use which takes the obstacle away from the colleagues to actually use Employee Advocacy.It seems like the tool is also constantly changing and improving. A good sign that customer feedback is appreciated and taken into account.

Cons

some small aspects like notification settings, report settings could be improved but I am aware that this might not be useful for everyone.

TG

Tereza G.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

The only platform you need for social media at your company

Oktopost has simplified social management across our fully remote organization, streamlined and integrated analytics, and allowed us to see all the data in our CRM (Hubspot).

Pros

Easy to use, all scheduling, analytics and management in one place.

Cons

Nothing, we love the tool at out company.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Great tool for social media marketers

Overall, I love using this platform and it makes my life so much easier.

Pros

Oktopost is extremely user friendly. Its easy to create, schedule and get social messages approved. Has some nice collaboration features, and the tracking is great. Allows you to pull analytics by tags, social platforms, users etc. Also has an amazing advocacy platform that integrates into the rest of your social plan and allows you great visibility into who in your company is posting and what their contribution is in terms of how much traffic you get.

Cons

I find the feature of scheduling posts a bit annoying sometimes as things can get left in draft mode, and its not super clear until the day has come and gone and your post didnt go out. They also make you reconnect each profile every 3 months which can get tedious.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Social Management Platform for B2B

We've tied our social media to our actual return on investment in campaigns and gained a ton of insight into the efficacy of our social in general.

Pros

This is a really robust platform that has truly been developed for B2B clients such that social stats integrate with marketing automation. The platform is really easy to use and has resources for just about every vertical you can use social to support. Tons of analytics insight for social that you don't normally see in these kinds of platforms.

Cons

Using the platform to its fullest takes 2-3 hours of training with an Oktopost rep. That's more than any other scheduler I've used previously.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Great, affordable social media tool for any size organization

Pros

Easy to use with a very small learning curve. Ability to create campaigns and tag them with campaign attributes is a plus.

Cons

Reporting could be a bit more robust, along with the platforms ability to recommend the "best" time to post based on past performance. No Live Chat option can be frustrating, although email support is generally pretty quick (one business day).

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Social analytics done right!

Pros

Oktopost makes the life of a social media manager so much easier. Beyond making scheduling and advocacy incredibly simple, I appreciate the integrations available and the amount of data and analytics that come with the platform.

Cons

No complaints. Oktopost has made social so much easier!

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Fantastic calendar view

Very easy to use.

Pros

I really like the calendar view where you can see all of the weeks posts and the information about them. It's easy to plot in a campaign.

Cons

Sometimes hard to tag organisations and individuals into posts

CG

Chelsea G.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

A great tool for social media management and employee advocacy

Overall it has been a very helpful all-in-one scheduling tool. I have used numerous different social management tools such as Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and Sprinklr, and Oktopost is now one of my favorites.

Pros

I like how easy it is to get a comprehensive view of our different social channels and what's being published. It's also very simple to copy and duplicate posts, set automated publish times, and also share posts to our advocacy boards for them to easy share the posts with their networks. Overall the usage and set up is very intuitive and simple for our team.

Cons

The reporting dashboards are helpful but you can't dig into specific details outside of the widgets that are available. We have also noticed discrepancies in reporting - LinkedIn often shows different native metrics than what we see in Oktopost.

EJ

Emilia J.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Great B2B Social Automation Tool

Pros

Gives you a calendar view of all your posts, allows you to create 'campaigns' and tag them for easy filtering in the analytics section, UTM parameters & link shortening via the campaign, track unknown visitors until they convert, social advocacy component built in, curated content, Marketo/SFDC integrations. Also, a great and very responsive support team!

Cons

Not much really. The new UI has a lot of great updates. The only thing I'd like to see more of are threads about how others are using the platform/how they set it up / sharing best practices and tips and tricks.

AK

Amal K.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Great tool - easy to use - convenient - amazing support

Great ! I would highly recommend. Great way to gain time and set a proper social media strategy.

Pros

How easy and convenient it is to use + regular new additional features added to the platform + amazing support from the team.

Cons

I don't see any major downside. I am looking forward to be able to schedule stories from Oktopost.

SM

Sreenivasulu M.

Computer Software, self-employed

Very good product, go for this..

The overall experience on this product is very good.I can easily interact with the interface and it is very easy to use.

Pros

The product is very easy to use.And the features are damn good.Best to use this product.

Cons

The product is easy to use.Any user can easily understand the interface and can easily use this software.

CE

Claire-Elizabeth C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Highly Recommended

Very positive. The program goes above and beyond what you can expect of a social media management tool. The company itself is a delight to work with. They have fantastic customer support and I would recommend them to anyone.

Pros

The integration of multiple different social media platforms is seamless and makes managing a great number of profiles easy. The analytics are insightful and laid out in a way that is easy to understand and present to anyone who might need to see it. The streams function also gives wonderful opportunity for competitor listening also.

Cons

While the streams function gives the opportunity for competitor listening, it is definitely one of the parts of Oktopost that needs development. However, Oktopost is very open about their development efforts and I have no doubt that this is something they plan to work on.

IT

Iris T.

As the only person managing my employer's social media presence, this has made my job more efficient

Pros

I am a big fan of the overall UI. The Advocacy Board feature has been instrumental in helping us grow our social media reach. The robust Analytics view helps make reporting on results that much easier.

Cons

I think making the Calendar view contents be drag-and-dropable would be amazing. The social board expiration date resets when I go back to a piece of content I saved.

PS

Petr S.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 10,001+ employees

Great product!

Easy to understand tool with great features

Pros

+ social media scheduling+ employee advocacy+ makes my work life so much easier

Cons

Analytics could be easier to understand, I would appreciate an app interface for admins

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great for social management across different teams, channels and countries

Pros

This software works well for our internal functions to plan, approve, and schedule posts across a number of different social media channels and regions. The calendar function gives a nice visual to ensure posts don't overlap or cross post at the wrong times. The advocacy function helps centralise posts for employees to share on their own channels.

Cons

The lack of time changes - we have teams across the US and Europe - we would like the ability to have localised time zones for users when scheduling posts.

mk

matt k.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Good option for social syndication

Although we really didn't have much other choice for platforms, this one works for us pretty well.

Pros

This is actually the only social platform that is out of box integrated with our marketing automation system, but we still find it effective. You can schedule posts, review stats, and it has a WYSIWYG editor for creating content.

Cons

I do wish that you could just enter in the content once. You have to do it for all channels. I also don't really rely on the reporting data, so we just use Google Analytics.

MT

Michaline T.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Helping our startup ramp our social brand

Increased visibility Gaining brand awareness Lead gen has been a happy surprise

Pros

Great success team! Really good packaging of offerings -- scheduling, analytics, advocacy, campaign management -- all great. Good value for the money Advocacy is helping our social media newbies ease into building their profiles

Cons

Advocates wish they could schedule their personal tweets beyond just what's been posted to the board. Streams could use some refinement -- it's the one area I struggle to figure out.

SR

Stephanie R.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

A great tool for employee advocacy

Employee advocacy is fantastic!

Pros

The calendar feature is my favorite. I love that all my campaigns are color coded and posts can be dragged and dropped into a new date if necessary. It helps keep me organized and I can see exactly how many posts from each campaign are being scheduled.

Cons

I'd love to see Oktopost increase their listening tool to include FB messenger, Instagram, and posts/comments that were not sent through the platform.

MF

Mary F.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Really awesome software

Really liked it!

Pros

It was easy to use and a really great social medial tool.

Cons

Sometimes, it was not very customizable.

SM

Stephanie Miles

Social media management tools that B2B marketers are looking for

Oktopost is superior to its competitors, in part because the social media tools it provides align so closely with what B2B marketers are looking for. When marketers utilize Oktopost’s social media marketing platform, they don’t have to guess whether their campaigns are working or estimate the value of their efforts. Oktopost provides its users with quantifiable data that they can use to justify their programs. The platform’s auto-posting and advanced message scheduling features help marketers save time, while the advanced analytics and straightforward interface make it incredibly easy for new users to get started.

Pros

Ability to autopost on LinkedIn groups is useful for B2B marketers.

Cons

It's not possible to track Twitter mentions, only retweets

Ronald Abilmar R.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

The essential tool to boost the success of my social media marketing strategies.

I love the analytics and tracking feature of this platform, it has given me valuable insight into the performance of my posts.

Pros

With their easy-to-use platform, I can schedule and plan my posts well in advance, which has been a huge advantage in saving time and maintaining an active presence on my social channels.

Cons

It would be very beneficial to have more flexibility to create customized reports tailored to my goals and needs.

ST

Shlomit T.

Printing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Oktopost sometimes is supper cool : )

Pros

Advocacy in general and the possibility of AI in particular - supper cool, supper smart !

Cons

The report is not 100% accurate.Some of the option wich are available via Native Posting is not available via OKT such as the post image in not clickable