Oktopost Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.34/10

Reviews by rating

The ability to segment posts by campaign and the approval workflow process. The UI is nice and user friendly, it is easy to onboard new contributors.
Really good packaging of offerings -- scheduling, analytics, advocacy, campaign management -- all great. Good value for the money.
Super friendly and easy to navigate. You don't have to be a digital master to know how to use it.
The dashboard and Manage post icons are different and it's confusing which one to operate from as both an employee advocate and a social media manager.
The only thing we could criticize is that we get too much e-mails. It would suffice to receive a maximum of 1-2 per month.
Limited publisher access can make things difficult with multiple business units etc.

Stephanie R.

11-50 employees

Great platform for B2B social media marketing

Social advocacy and easy social media management.

Pros

Their calendar/campaign feature is probably one of my favorite features. It's comprehensive and the color coding makes it super organized. I'm a huge fan of the image library that's included. Additionally, we love this product for social employee advocacy. It has helped out employees become brand ambassadors and share content super easily to their own networks.

Cons

There truly isn't much that I don't like about this product. The Salesforce integration works but unfortunuately we haven't been able to take advantage of it too much here.

MC

Mark C.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Mostly positive with the ease of scheduling messages on multiple networks.

Pros

I like the opportunity to schedule messages in advance and track the campaigns. My team consistently uses this function to have messages scheduled throughout the week, which in turn, works very well for our clients who depend on us for message and content promotion.

Cons

The fact that I can't easily see who the followers are for each social network and have the ability to segment the audience. We would like to know if the followers we have are real or just bot accounts, or even more so, fake accounts, entirely. Having the audience segmentation would allow us to target specific message per network.

Adam H. D.

Internet, 51-200 employees

A capable yet imperfect social media tool

I came into my position as social media manager at a company that was using Oktopost and unfortunately it didn't fit our daily needs. There are some positive features that help it stand out against the competition but ultimately we went in a different direction.

Pros

The best part of Oktopost is the tracking / tagging of posts within campaigns - that gives you excellent data and sorting when you're looking back on past posting.

Cons

It's not super user-friendly, and it's missing key features that its competitors have

VA

Virginette A.

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

The best tool in the biz - with a team that's willing to listen and innovate

Great customer service and partnership with product/eng and my reps. There's a willingness to work with our needs, through collaboration and product innovation.

Pros

The ability to see social's contribution to the marketing funnel, from click to conversion. Having advocacy baked in, instead of having to buy another tool. With advocacy baked in, you have a much more holistic picture of how social is contributing to the marketing org.

Cons

Listening is still in its nascent stages.

EM

Emily M.

Gets the job done without adding too much complexity.

Pros

Cons

Inconsistent support -- I used to hear from Oktopost a lot and responses were timely, lately I have not been able to get in touch with anyone and have a pretty pressing issue to figure out.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Social Management Platform for B2B

We've tied our social media to our actual return on investment in campaigns and gained a ton of insight into the efficacy of our social in general.

Pros

This is a really robust platform that has truly been developed for B2B clients such that social stats integrate with marketing automation. The platform is really easy to use and has resources for just about every vertical you can use social to support. Tons of analytics insight for social that you don't normally see in these kinds of platforms.

Cons

Using the platform to its fullest takes 2-3 hours of training with an Oktopost rep. That's more than any other scheduler I've used previously.

Tony N.

Computer & Network Security, 201-500 employees

Oktopost Easily Turns Employees into Social Advocates with Only a Few Clicks

It can be difficult to get employees on board with consistently sharing your company social posts, even if they want to. With this software the confusion and frustration is eliminated with an easy to use interface and quick process for sharing all company social posts. Not just for me but for all those internally who have been chosen to be advocates.

Pros

The comprehensive dashboard with all available company social posts I can share. The ease of posting to my LinkedIn with only a couple of clicks. The ability to share immediately or in the future when the software determines it's the best time to share. It takes the guessing game out of it for me and the other selected advocates. I really love it.

Cons

I have not experienced anything I wish was different. It works as I expect and empowers me to be a better promoter of my company's social media which is directly tied to our company goals. It functions as expected and I would not change the user interface.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Great, affordable social media tool for any size organization

Pros

Easy to use with a very small learning curve. Ability to create campaigns and tag them with campaign attributes is a plus.

Cons

Reporting could be a bit more robust, along with the platforms ability to recommend the "best" time to post based on past performance. No Live Chat option can be frustrating, although email support is generally pretty quick (one business day).

Anna K.

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Solid marketing tool with the functionality that covers all my needs.

Pros

The tool is easy to use and I didn't need any onboarding or extra training. Through Oktopost I have a clear overview of my content across all channels and I can easily track my pieces of content. I had troubles with accessing my account in the beginning, and the support was very efficient. I like my weekly analytics emails as well as they deliver all datapoints that are relevant to my strategy.

Cons

I am looking forward to seeing ho Oktopost will develop regarding the external integrations or additional extra instruments to help me hone my hone my content & visuals (be it an image editor or automated hashtags). For now the set of the functionalities is relatively standard, albeit packed in a clear efficient way.

PS

Petr S.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 10,001+ employees

Great product!

Easy to understand tool with great features

Pros

+ social media scheduling+ employee advocacy+ makes my work life so much easier

Cons

Analytics could be easier to understand, I would appreciate an app interface for admins

EJ

Emilia J.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Great B2B Social Automation Tool

Pros

Gives you a calendar view of all your posts, allows you to create 'campaigns' and tag them for easy filtering in the analytics section, UTM parameters & link shortening via the campaign, track unknown visitors until they convert, social advocacy component built in, curated content, Marketo/SFDC integrations. Also, a great and very responsive support team!

Cons

Not much really. The new UI has a lot of great updates. The only thing I'd like to see more of are threads about how others are using the platform/how they set it up / sharing best practices and tips and tricks.

AK

Amal K.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Great tool - easy to use - convenient - amazing support

Great ! I would highly recommend. Great way to gain time and set a proper social media strategy.

Pros

How easy and convenient it is to use + regular new additional features added to the platform + amazing support from the team.

Cons

I don't see any major downside. I am looking forward to be able to schedule stories from Oktopost.

CE

Claire-Elizabeth C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Highly Recommended

Very positive. The program goes above and beyond what you can expect of a social media management tool. The company itself is a delight to work with. They have fantastic customer support and I would recommend them to anyone.

Pros

The integration of multiple different social media platforms is seamless and makes managing a great number of profiles easy. The analytics are insightful and laid out in a way that is easy to understand and present to anyone who might need to see it. The streams function also gives wonderful opportunity for competitor listening also.

Cons

While the streams function gives the opportunity for competitor listening, it is definitely one of the parts of Oktopost that needs development. However, Oktopost is very open about their development efforts and I have no doubt that this is something they plan to work on.

NK

Naqi K.

Computer & Network Security, 5,001-10,000 employees

OktoPost Review

Overall experience with Oktop post is really good and it has made our system really secure and we are now not worrying about the login security of our system

Pros

The ease of use and security handling is the most powerful thing about this software

Cons

The speed of code generation is really very fast it should restart when we on our mobile or system

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Social analytics done right!

Pros

Oktopost makes the life of a social media manager so much easier. Beyond making scheduling and advocacy incredibly simple, I appreciate the integrations available and the amount of data and analytics that come with the platform.

Cons

No complaints. Oktopost has made social so much easier!

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great for social management across different teams, channels and countries

Pros

This software works well for our internal functions to plan, approve, and schedule posts across a number of different social media channels and regions. The calendar function gives a nice visual to ensure posts don't overlap or cross post at the wrong times. The advocacy function helps centralise posts for employees to share on their own channels.

Cons

The lack of time changes - we have teams across the US and Europe - we would like the ability to have localised time zones for users when scheduling posts.

CZ

Constance Z.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great and convenient tool, easy to use

It is a great experience overall.

Pros

You can plan as many posts as you want and you can select campaigns to track the results

Cons

The Analytics tools are not as developed as I wish, it would be great to have API with Hubspot or any CRM to connect each campaign. We are not able to publish carousel on linkedin or the format does not look right. It would be amazing to be able to plan many carousels on the tool aswell

SR

Stephanie R.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

A great tool for employee advocacy

Employee advocacy is fantastic!

Pros

The calendar feature is my favorite. I love that all my campaigns are color coded and posts can be dragged and dropped into a new date if necessary. It helps keep me organized and I can see exactly how many posts from each campaign are being scheduled.

Cons

I'd love to see Oktopost increase their listening tool to include FB messenger, Instagram, and posts/comments that were not sent through the platform.

Patrick L.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Full-featured product with a few quirks

Quick and easy LI posting in multiple local languages to multiple regions

Pros

Publishing, inbox, advocacy and analytics are unified in a single tool. Easy-to-build dashboards make it simple to demonstrate social value to stakeholders.

Cons

Settings for copying posts to advocacy board are not preserved in draft mode. Admins do not have ability to manage advocates' topic subscriptions.

SM

Stephanie Miles

Social media management tools that B2B marketers are looking for

Oktopost is superior to its competitors, in part because the social media tools it provides align so closely with what B2B marketers are looking for. When marketers utilize Oktopost’s social media marketing platform, they don’t have to guess whether their campaigns are working or estimate the value of their efforts. Oktopost provides its users with quantifiable data that they can use to justify their programs. The platform’s auto-posting and advanced message scheduling features help marketers save time, while the advanced analytics and straightforward interface make it incredibly easy for new users to get started.

Pros

Ability to autopost on LinkedIn groups is useful for B2B marketers.

Cons

It's not possible to track Twitter mentions, only retweets

RM

Rahul M.

Management Consulting, 501-1,000 employees

User friendly B2B social media management tool

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive interface, easy to manage different accounts on social media. I love it!

Cons

If you accidentally archive the campaign, then the content associated with it vanishes and doesn't come back even if you undo it. If you can figure this out, that would be great!

MG

Michelle G.

Thumbs up for Oktopost

We recently decided to swap our social media platform to Oktopost. While they have many similar features and capabilities as our existing platform, they had some really cool new features that I can't wait to explore. The idea of an advocacy platform is amazing for a B2B organization that's teaching employees to be social sellers. Their analytics platform far outpaces their competition and their scheduling platform is amazingly easy to use. Their queueing capability is something that makes my life so much easier! I'm really excited that we made the decision to swap vendors. Next on the list is the Marketo integration!

MM

Mallory M.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Great Product

I've used a lot of social posting tools while managing social media in various jobs. Oktopost stands out as one that is easy to use and the customer service is wonderful! They are so quick to get back to me and my team if we ever have a question about the features and/or best practices.

Michael S.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Best in Class Social Media Management

While a little pricier than some of it's competitors, it's worth it.

Pros

Campaign management, scheduling and content library/duplication are all fantastic.

Cons

Higher priced than other solutions.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Very expensive for the features provided

Pros

While searching for a software to suit our needs, we looked in to Oktopost for its social media management capabilities. Although it offered some great features, we found other options that could offer the similar options for a much lower price.

Cons

We found that the software features available through Oktopost were also available from other software providers at a more affordable cost. Perhaps some of the other features might be worth the extra expense to others.