Pinpointe Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.76/10

Reviews by rating

This is very easy to use software and user friendly. Love the different templates or ease of making customized templates.
The best in class email editor, just incredible in flexibility. Extremely friendly dashboard, great reporting, very competitive pricing.
Pinpointe has a great builder, and the the account manager is fun to work with.
In my third year just sending simple emails and still having trouble with some of the elements.
I am a bit frustrated with one aspect of their design editor. I often times use custom colors in an email design that match my clients' brand.
It wasn't totally set up to handle all my small accounts, but their team worked hard to give me the dashboard that I needed.

Christopher B.

Recommend to all my clients, easy to use, easy to setup, super helpful team, very responsive

Pros

Background: I'm a freelance developer who does a lot of web development for companies, usually working with marketing. As such, I get a lot of requests about tools they can use for email marketing, SEO, etc. Pinpointe is my number one recommendation for email marketing. - The UI is easy to use and the system has a very simple interface - Statistics reporting is thorough and provides a lot of information...

Cons

The biggest drawbacks I've heard from my clients is that Pinpointe doesn't have a price point for small senders (eg sending only a few emails a month), nor a free account for VERY small senders. They are great for large volume and enterprise senders though. Also, they offer a WYSIWYG and a drag-and-drop campaign builder. The drag-and-drop builder is fun to use and is really true to what you see on the screen, but it could use some additional templates.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Outstanding customer service and tech support

Pros

We have used many ESPs over my tenure with this company, and Pinpointe has by far the most responsive and easy to work with tech support in the industry. Multiple options are available for you to reach out to them, including site chat. I've never had to wait long to receive a thorough explanation, fix, and/or walk-through from the team regarding any issues I've bumped up against.

Cons

I would like to be able to edit the HTML regardless of which editor I am using.

ac

andrew c.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

limited ability to send targeted emails out based on purchasing history

Pros

the program is easy to use and is cost effective. I would like to get our open rates and click-through-rates up though.

Cons

inability to segment list and send targeted emails. I also do not like the format of the date as it makes it hard to sort data in Excel

Emerson S.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Solid email delivery for B2B market

I've been using it for more than six years and it hasn't failed yet. Consistent in delivery and virtually no down time.

Pros

-- Timed distribution. Allows us to delivery at certain time (0900) anywhere in the world. -- Limitless segmentation of lists to target users by region, frequency of opens, type, business, etc. -- Easy search of databases. -- Easy downloading of databases. -- Easy handling of graphic elements. -- Good selection of adaptable templates. -- Quick to send 1,000+ emails.

Cons

-- It could use an intermediate tier of pricing.

MP

Matt P.

Publishing, 11-50 employees

Versatile and Comprehensive

Pintpointe on demand allows us to be nimble and responsive. It does this by saving us time and allowing us to engage faster and better than before.

Pros

The best part about Pinpointe is that it allows my company to generate revenue and keep contact information at the same time. Please it has comprehensive reporting that allows us to make meaningful changes to our campaign.

Cons

So far, I haven't found anything I don't like, which the expectation that I can only have one "segment" per contact. Other than that, Pinpointe has exceeded my expecations.

John R.

Online Media, 11-50 employees

Everything you need from an Email Service Provider plus great customer service

Across all our brands we send more than 20 newsletters each week. Pinpointe has helped us to create a very efficient process for setting up and sending these newsletters. Our newsletter open and click rates went up almost immediately when we started using Pinpointe. In addition, we send a multitude of emails to promote events, webinars, premium reports, etc. The drag-and-drop email builder in Pinpointe has made creating these mobile-friendly e-blasts easier than ever.

Pros

Their platform is very easy to use. But it's the customer service that really sets Pinpointe apart.

Cons

Their user interface is a bit dated, but I hear that may be changing soon!

Lisa F.

Media Production,

Pinpointe offers amazing tools that make it easy for me to send emails to my customers.

Pros

Pinpointe has ready-made templates that I can customize, so creating an email takes me seconds not hours. The automation features save me a ton of time. I can create emails ahead of time and schedule them to deliver or I can automate emails based on what my subscribers do. When subscribers click on links in my emails, for example, I let that action trigger a follow-up email. Pinpointe has an...

Alex A.

51-200 employees

Easy to use. Fantastic for tracking email campaigns!

Pros

The best features for me personally are the analytics and reporting tools of how to get statistics on the email campaign. To find out how many bounces, unsubscribes, opens, and clicks is an added plus for me to use for following up with a contact. The ability to extract the metrics to an excel file is very helpful to upper management.

Cons

Depending on the amount, when I am in the middle of uploading a list of contacts I get bumped out and have to submit a request to increase my dataset.

Michael M.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Pinpointe was the Email Service Provider I was looking for

Just plain excellent.

Pros

Easy to use system Responsive and extremely helpful training and service. I couldn't ask for more. Has all the features I needed and then some I think the software has been developed as if I requested all it's features It's reporting system gives me the information I am looking for It gives me the ability to let my clients see all the statistics -- very, very helpful

Samantha B.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Pinpointe makes creating emails easy!

Pinpointe is easy to use and makes my job easier. I can easily build an email in just a few minutes and have it sent out within the same day.

Pros

The Drag and Drop Campaign Builder makes my job so easy! We have a small marketing department but Pinpointe helps us make email blasts quickly and easily. The customer service team is speedy and thorough when I need help or run in to an issue. Being able to create drip campaigns and track responses to surveys is a huge plus for us. Pinpointe allows us to track emails that generated "clicks" as well.

Cons

I wish there was more freedom in the design of the emails within the campaign builder. We don't have the capabilities of writing our own code or building emails from scratch at this point as a company, but it would be nice to be able to edit the shapes and columns a little more within the drag and drop feature.

Pinpointe is perfect for creating emails that outperform the competition because of higher deliverability rates, pre-flight tools & robust reporting

Pros

I have worked with Pinpointe for over 6 years and they have always been super responsive to our needs. The UI is logical and easy to use with extraordinary reporting and statistics. Their support team is extremely helpful and knowledgeable with responses generally received within an hour. The deliverability is also better than any other system we have tested and they include great testing tools allowing...

Cons

They don't have a price point that is competitive for small senders, nor do they have a free account. Their target is higher volume and Enterprise The Campaign Builder is very easy to use and intuitive, however I would like to see additional templates added or more options for layouts within these templates.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Pinpointe exceeded our expectations and is an integral part of our business.

Pros

Exceptional customer service, ease of use, understanding of our needs and extremely complimentary of our needs. We send e-blasts so regularly that we need a service that can attend to any issues or problems that may occur on our end or on theirs. All issues we have had have been immediately resolved without hindering our day-to-day job. The results of e-mail campaigns meet our standards and it is easy...

Cons

The auto generated PDF for reports isn't customizable to what we'd like to have, but this is nothing that we dislike...we love all of the services we get from them.

RM

Rob M.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Pinpointe Flexibility, Expertise and Customer Service

Pinpointe was selected as a mass mail service that could protect our client from mail-related domain damage while adding mail campaign metrics and a very intuitive user interface. The metrics and reporting tools were an unexpected plus. They are used by our team and be client end users to optimize their mail campaigns.

Pros

We appreciated the flexibility the Pinpointe team provided to create a plan that worked best for our client. Throughout the sales, setup and maintenance processes we always found exceptional availability from the team. They lead with excellent customer service and that has never left the business relationship. Whether we were discussing initial setup, customization with APIs, or metrics and reporting Pinpointe always brought a high level of expertise that matched our needs.

Cons

We really do not have any negative experience to share.

Eryn B.

Pinpointe Is Like Constant Contact On Steroids

I am a marketing consultant that primarily services B2B clients in the mid-market space. Many of my clients require email marketing as a part of their marketing strategy' from campaign planning, to creation, to tracking and reporting. For over 5 years I have recommended and used Pinpointe's robust email marketing software solution due to its advanced features and easy-to-use platform. Pinpointe has...

ha

heidi a.

Publishing, 11-50 employees

Looking forward to many, many years with Pinpointe

Pros

Our firm was very hesitant to leave our provider of over 12 years. Do we have any regrets? Yes, that we did not do it sooner. I cannot express how happy we are to have made the move. The system is easy to use, very high quality. The team we have on our side, is awesome. Replies anytime, any day and mostly within 45 minutes. Our delivers, opens never better and reporting very clear and detailed. The continually work with us to achieve even better results. Highly recommended. We have been here almost 1 year now. Looking forward to many, many years with Pinpointe.

Cons

Honestly, we do not have even 1 complaint. If we need something they do not have, they build it for us.

Thank you for the positive review! Feel free to contact us via chat inside the Pinpointe application any time if you would like to set up an account strategy review or review new features.

LA

Lolita A.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

We have been using Pinpointe for our email marketing efforts since 2011.

We use this software constantly to promote our different educational offerings as well as to reach our client base with unique messaging. It is easy to train someone on how to use the platform and the service is very reliable.

Pros

Pinpointe is a complete service with practical tools and options, analytics, and comprehensive functionality. We've had many different needs over the past six years and Pinpointe has been able to address them all. The support is a great feature too as the Pinpointe team is responsive and helpful.

Cons

There is really not anything I would consider as a shortfall with Pinpointe except that sometimes the WYSIWYG editor is not as friendly as it could be. I think this is the case across the board and not anything unique to Pinpointe.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Flexibility and Cooperation

Excellent

Pros

Flexibility and Cooperation… Programming Flexibility and Cooperation with us as the end-user was excellent. The ability to schedule drip campaigns and analytics is at an industry HIGH.

Cons

Becoming proficient at this software takes time and practice.

JC

Justina C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Easy to use with a lot of great features.

Great quality product at a very reasonable cost.

Pros

The software is intuitive and is easy for all of our staff to use. My favorite part about the software is being able to immediately see who has been rejected from list uploads and why (previous hard bounces, known spam, unsubscribes, etc.). This was not something that we were seeing on our former email service provider.

Cons

There is very little communication between PinPointe and its customers. We don't get emails regarding new features when they come out; we only know about them once they've been implemented into the system or if we manually go online and look for the information on their help site. We also dislike the fact that customer service is via email only. Sometimes, it's much easier to explain a challenge to someone over the phone rather than email, where it can take a few days of back and forth to respond.

Hello Justina - thank you for your feedback. We have live chat available directly within Pinpointe - just click the 'Live Chat' tool. If an item is complicated a support agent will call to discuss. - Hope that helps!

TK

Toni K.

Overall, Great. The Team is very responsive, and patient with addressing issues as they arise.

Pros

I like the dashboards that give some reasonably good pictures of how good or bad your campaigns are doing. I also like the fact that we are able to set multiple users and assign desired access to lists, etc. in the system. There have been a few glitches here and there, however, the team has been very responsive. They have made appropriate system updates when the need arises. The system updates have been pretty transparent. That is always a plus with a software organization: To be able to make transparent system changes without interrupting the flow of your User base.

Cons

I like the functionality of being able to set email campaigns to await approval. It would be great, if as an administrator, I could get an automatic notification that an approval is waiting. I am not aware that an email is awaiting approval until logging into the system.

MR

Maggie R.

Publishing, 51-200 employees

Intuitive Interface + Supportive Staff

Pros

Our company has been using several sending services for years and Pinpointe is simply the best. The pre-flight spam checker has helped us tremendously when sending out campaigns. Their interface is intuitive and they provide an amazing support staff (shoutout to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]), which usually replies within an hour if we ever have any questions. What we like most about Pinpointe is their high-quality reporting. The information they offer is unlike any other service we’ve used, including click maps, link reports, and campaign quality scores. We recommend Pinpointe to any business with a large database.

Cons

I wish they had more templates to use, however what they have does currently work with what our campaign goals are.

GP

Ginger P.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Pinpointe Recommendation!

Very good. Customer support is there when we need it and the system is very reliable.

Pros

Ease of use and reliability. We also like the clicks list we can pull from the software after every eblast.

Cons

I do not have any Cons on Pinpointe. I'm very happy with the system and the servicing.

JV

Jose V.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Don't look for another email service.

Pros

Great UI that makes it easy to send emails and follow up with clients for reporting. Support is always extremely helpful. You typically get a reply within an hour and the support staff is​ ​​very ​knowledgeable ​

Cons

Pinpointe doesn't have a price point for small senders or a free account. Pinpointe targets higher volume senders and Enterprises.

SK

Stephen K.

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Long Time Satisifaction

We use this to communicate with our clients so it is mission critical to us. We have lots of clients depending on keeping them informed about events in educational law.

Pros

My company has used Pinpointe for a long time. We are very satisfied with its performance and value. The software is pretty easy to use. You can set and forget your campaigns - it is that easy!

Ayla R.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Pinpointe has a great builder, and the the account manager is fun to work with.

Pros

The Builder and their constant work to improve the overall program. We use them because they also have a wysiwyg available to be able to work with code.

Cons

They system can be glitchy at times as they update their program, the customer service is not on a chat or available for phone, so you have to wait 2-3 hours before you get a response most of the time. Their list and unsubscribe system is still being improved. Have to find of work arounds to get some other things done.

VM

Vincent M.

Real Estate, self-employed

Pinpoint Offers Excellent Scalable Service

FANTASTIC. The technical support department [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in particular is knowledgeable - courteous and fast to reply.

Pros

The email designer is fantastic. Ease of use. It was a robust reporting system which allows me to tailor my emails to a fine point.

Cons

As I keep learning about the system I have not found anything I do not like. I would have one request. A speed control so the user can determine the speed an email is sent out.