Fundraise Up Logo

Fundraise Up

AI-assisted fundraising platform for nonprofits

Fundraise Up Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.41/10

See full reviews by rating

I love the donor interface that allows people to choose one-time gifts or monthly. I also love that people are reminded if they do not complete a donation, to ensure maximum ROI.
The smart features like the increase donation suggestions are great. Of course, one of the best features is that it gives our donors the option to cover the credit card processing fee.
What´s more when we had a payment that failed to go through, they notified us of the donor right away so we were able to contact them and encourage them to sort out the problem with their bank.
Having to update emails associated with each campaign is a little annoying.
It was a mess to undo and really could have been avoided if the FRU team had asked better questions.

JS

Jeffrey S.

First Impressions of Setting up donate pages

Excellent designed program

Pros

Ease of use and very creative the logic behind the application software.

Cons

Have not found anything that I did not like. Perhaps a few areas where the user could customize more the appeal and donation form.

Jeff, thanks for this great review! We will be rolling out more customizations soon, but always protecting the parts that would/could impact donor conversion rate. Anything we restrict is for our mutual benefits. We appreciate your feedback!

JG

Jaleith G.

Favorite Addition

Overall, we supplemented a cold direct-mail appeal with this platform and were pleased.

Pros

I love the artificial intelligence and automation features. I also really like the UX for the admin and donors. It's highly customizable, sleek and can match any branding. I've had GREAT customer service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and appreciate that he takes my feedback into consideration as they continue to develop the platform.

Cons

It does lack certain features that have kept me from eliminating my other CRM altogether: -pledges -native communication management -donor journals for non-transaction engagement -donor social media profile links -queries and custom report scheduling

Thank you Jaleith for your feedbackwhich we love getting and we're flattered that you would want us to become a CRM! We are made to compliment a CRM - and the feature mentioned are typically CRM-features. But we've made the decision rather than go broad and become a CRM (when there are good ones out there) to focus on online giving and be the best possible giving solution and remain CRM-agnostic. This will allow us to go much deeper and add more revenue generating features for our customers.

MI

Marc I.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

You da bestest!

Very happy with the platform. It was easy to implement and is easy to use. Sal and team have been absolutely fantastic and very responsive even with some "interesting" requests sent by my org.

Pros

The first thing I noticed and really enjoyed was the speed. Once we got further into the testing process, I realized how easy it was to add a form to a page. It's honestly been a blast to use.

Cons

Nothing really jumps out at me but I do not deal much with the backend or financial integration so I can't speak on that.

We appreciate your review! Thank you for your time, Marc.

AP

Allen P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

I was dubious at first, but I am now a big supporter

We have benefited financially from incorporating Fundraise Up into our website. We were able to remove a clunky donation page (CRM provided) with their software providing an easy to use way for donors to open their wallets.

Pros

The product is quite easy to use, the support is fast to reply and work with you when there is a challenge, setup was easy, the elements you can place on your website are very clever (and quite customizable), integration with our CRM package, increased donations that I believe are due to the donation environment created using Fundraise Up.

Cons

Apple Pay setup (not really the software's fault), could use more formatting flexibility in text creation (like Bold, Italics, other text formatting features), it took a little while to understand the language of the software; unfamiliar terms like Social Proof, Elements, etc.

Hi Allen, Thank you for selecting Fundraise Up as your donation platform of choice. It's a pleasure to serve your nonprofit, and I'm glad to read that you're seeing meaningful financial benefits. Looking forward to seeing how your organization grows! - Nic

DV

Dennis V.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Fundraise Up brought back the "fun" in fundraising!

Fundraise Up has really added fresh fuel to our fundraising efforts. Pandemic or no pandemic, our organization cares for more than 600 orphans around the world. FRU has certainly played a role in achieving our goal of "not one child missing a single meal" thus far.

Pros

I was a bit skeptical at first because the platform promised so much. Can they really deliver? Then, during a major fundraising webinar (that I signed up for months before I even heard about Fundraise Up) I realized that my favorite speaker of the entire event turns out to be our onboarding expert! Go figure! Fundraise Up transformed our fundraising efforts. Love the recurring giving option. This fundraising platform does deliver on what it promises, and then some. FRU's expertise, ease of use, exemplary customer care, and seamless integration with our CRM make this platform a powerful tool to the success of our mission.

Cons

If I did have a wish list it would include: Text-to-Give option and ability to add FRU donate button to a video.

Dennis! It's great to hear that you're having a positive experience with the platform. And I'm glad to hear you're working with Salhe's great and you're in good hands with him. Thanks for the opportunity to partner with you and Global Celebration!

LF

Lyle F.

Religious Institutions, self-employed

A Major Help and Improvement

Since switching to this platform our giving has increased fourfold and the number of donors covering the processing fee has gone up about 85%.

Pros

We had another option previously that cost much more and had less support

Cons

Nothing really. Might have more features, but I haven't looked to learn all it can do.

Lyle - we're so happy to hear that your nonprofit has seen a huge increase in online giving! This is exactly what we set out to do every day. Thank you and we're here when you want to learn more about the features. :)

MF

Mark F.

Fundraise Up review

Pros

easy to implement. like the fact there is no subscription fee. many payment options like credit card, apple pay, pay pal and even bank etf. easy for end user to make donations. customizable ty letters to donors. url still shows my non profit name so no doubt to donor they are still on our site.

Cons

would be nice if they would integrate with donor perfect crm

Thank you, Mark! We are in early stages of working with DonorPerfect. Hopefully we have something this year!

Barbara C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

The best in its category.

I've used many platforms in the past and have yet to find something like FundraiseUp. What they do they do really well. Customer service is simply outstanding, the team is phenomenal and always willing to help. My clients have significantly increased in donations just by moving to FundraiseUp. Their widgets are phenomenal, easy to use and excellent at conversion. These guys have truly mastered it. I can not recommend them enough.

Pros

FundraiseUp is simply outstanding. They do one thing and they do it very well. They are masters at fundraising tools and I've seen many clients increase their fundraising significantly just by switching to FundraiseUp. Their UX is phenomenal and truly increases conversion.

Cons

It is an easy platform to use and converts well. I can't think of anything I don't like.

Barbara, thank you for your review! We love working with strategists that "get it"... we are honored to support your work and efforts.

TM

Tiffany M.

Top Notch Support

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the best Onboarding and Support Manager we could have been paired with to understand if Fundraise Up was the integration for us to go with and to help us every step of the way to going live. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been professional, understanding, knowledgeable, and able to help us navigate getting ready to go live with online giving in the midst of a CRM conversion. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] went above and beyond for us when he took time outside of work hours to help us - which he did not have to do. FRU has a customer-focused, servant leader with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. We're thrilled to have a platform that has all the bells and whistles, but also to have a pro like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in our corner.

Pros

Where do I start? There are features like: the 'heart' that beats, flutters, and captures attention in multiple elements; the AI on monthly giving configurations and requests; the dashboard of metrics; and, well, really all of it. It is light years ahead of the Online Express form that we were activating through NXT.

Cons

No cons to report. We've just started with FRU.

Tiffany, thanks so much for sharing your experience with Fundraise Up! We are incredibly excited to partner with you and the work you're doing. Welcome to the #FunFam!

HL

Heather L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Simple layout and ease of use

Pros

The emphasis on a monthly giving option is perfect for our nonprofit's focus. Looks great and easy to use.

Cons

There isn't an option to give monthly through PayPal but I think that is on PayPal's end. There is also a minimum giving level for donations through ACH but again, I don't know if that is because of Fundraise Up or not.

Thank you for your review, Heather! Yes, monthly giving via PayPal is on the way. It's incredible complex but we are working on providing that option very soon! Regarding ACH minimums - we have research on this. :) Often, a small-amount donation via ACH ends up being abandoned as it's quite a "hassle" for the donor to confirm their micro-deposits for $10 donation. In order to avoid losing this donation, we steer them toward other instant-payment methods in the interest of the nonprofit organization. Hope this helps!

SH

Sara H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

A good but expensive choice

Pros

FundraiseUp has made our donation platform much for appealing for donors, has been more likely to get us monthly donors, and the admin and reporting has been very easy to unpack.

Cons

The fees are a tough thing to get over. As a small nonprofit, it doesn't feel good to see your donors' dollars going to pay for the service of fundraising instead of your programs. Most of our donors pay the fees, which is great! But it's double the amount they were paying on our integrated platform. Obviously, the service and product is great and costs money -- just saying it's hard to see money, whether we pay it or donors pay it, going to a third party. It's one of those pay-to-play decisions as competition is fierce.

Hi Sara, thanks for sharing your feedback. I want to make sure you always have a great experience with us, and I'm seeing that there's an opportunity to get Stripe's nonprofit discount for 10 Thousand Windows. I'll have your Success Engineer connect with you to get that in place :) We're here to help your organization grow, which is why the small platform fee is the only cost to use Fundraise Up. I'm happy to see that almost all of your donors are furthering their support by covering that fee. P.S. Looking forward to see your monthly donor program continue to grow! Nic

JS

Jennifer S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Fundraise Up is a leading fundraising platform

Pros

Fundraise Up is a great fundraising platform that offers helpful tools and fabulous customer service. My favorite thing about Fundraise Up is its ability to integrate with our CRM software. The ability to automatically push donors and donations into our CRM has saved me hours a week manually adding donations.

Cons

It's hard to come up with anything to complain about with this software. One thing I do wish was available was a chat feature for customer support.

Thanks for your feedback, Jennifer! We wish we had chat too... we're getting there. At the moment we're only able to offer "book time with us WHENEVER you want to", which hopefully is the next best thing. We're growing our team and hope to have chat this year.

SF

Sandra F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 10,001+ employees

Fundraise Up- A Must for Digital Giving

We've been impressed by the Fundraise Up experience. Besides seeing an increase in overall donations, we've seen less abandoned checkout, increased monthly donations, increased mobile donations, and increased coverage of transaction fees.

Pros

The Fundraise Up platform is easy to use and implement and you'll immediately see gains in online donations. The team is supportive and always there to give helpful tips to maximize your giving.

Cons

Fundraise Up is a mass market tool and encourage gifts mostly at the bottom of the pyramid. You cannot customize gift range by donors, so lift in mid-level program is not as great, but overall gains are worth the switch.

KG

Katia G.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Game changer for nonprofit websites!

Pros

The ease and user-friendly functionality of the widget is excellent. The entire checkout process is so streamlined now and helps instill trust in donors. Encouraging donors to cover the processing fee has helped so much with our total fundraising. We're so happy we found Fundraise Up!

Cons

There are no cons to mention so far. We've had a good experience.

Katia, thanks for this review! We're so happy to be changing the game for your nonprofit and the industry. :)

AG

Allison G.

Awesome product!

Pros

We have used several other platforms yet we never found one that we were completely satisfied with. The functionality and ease of use on the backside and the consumer side is great.

Cons

It is a tad more complicated to integrate into our current website than we anticipated but the helpdesk and instructions are very helpful.

Thank you! We're glad to be working with your nonprofit.

IR

Israel R.

High Quality Platform

Pros

This software provides its users with easy accessible tools that allows the user to fully understand all the features within the software.

Cons

The integration could've been a challenging task but the support team did an outstanding job with walking me through it, which provided a full understanding of how it works.

Love that your CON is actually a PRO! Thank you for your honest review -- we appreciate it!

ka

kimberly a.

Fund-Raising, 51-200 employees

Simple and easy

I loved this software and how they kept it simple. I would definitely enjoy this in other call centers as well.

Pros

I loved how it helped get the opening for the call flowing and professional with the script. also how simple the forms were to fill out.

Cons

would like to see the question are you from US or Canada up at the top of the form as when you get all their info and find out they are from Canada, then you lose all the info you got and have to start over on the right form for that country.

AC

Abby C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

FundraiseUp makes taking donations seamless

It just makes taking donations on our website seamless and user friendly.

Pros

Cons

I can't find any yet. SUPER excited that P2P is coming!!

Thank you for your review Abby -- your organizations mission is something we need, and the new movie released is fantastic. We all watched it and were moved. We love what we do here supporting your mission.

RS

Robin S.

So far so good

so far so good. We are learning what to do and how to use the software.

Pros

I like the way we can personalize the emails to our donors and change them as often as we like. I love that it is integrated with Bloomerang.

Cons

the daily report is very slim - no details about the donation or the donor. Not very useful without digging deeper.

Thanks for your honest review, Robin! Regarding the daily report, this is intended to be a summary overview. Please be sure to opt-in for individual donation emails that contain ALL details for each donation.

Steve D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

FundraiseUp make web based fundraising a breeze

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] gave me a step by step walkthrough of the system. It was an excellent use of my time and got my fundraising up and running in no time. Any time I had questions about any of the integrations I got a quick response with a solution to issues or explanation to my questions.

Pros

Easy to setup on multiple CRMs. I got next day responses to questions I had. The inline donation

Cons

Not much to dislike - the setup was easy on multiple CRMs.

Thank you, Steve! Welcome to the FunFam. We're happy to be part of your website and nonprofit mission -- especially when it's dinosaur related!

AE

Arnie E.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

They are the greatest to work with!

It has been so easy and complete, when we need help they are all over it and it is done!

Pros

It is like adding a development team on our website, and our donations amount has increased each month.

Cons

At the very beginning we needed some features to work with our donor software and they made it happen.

Thank you, Arnie! Yes, we like to think of ourselves as an extended part of your team -- fully focused on optimizing your online donor experience, 24/7. Thank you for being part of our FunFam!

EB

Erin B.

Used other for less than 6 months

We couldn't have done it with them.

In a time of great difficulty, we've had to think outside the box for school fundraising. This is what brought us to FundraiseUp. The software was fantastic and the result was even better, but the real hero of the process is the customer service. I had [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and she 100% was the deciding factor on why I chose FundraiseUp for our biggest school fundraiser of the year. I'm so glad I did and I literally can't sing her praises enough. Thanks to her hard work, warmth, and patience with me our elementary school brought in a very large amount of money in the middle of a pandemic. FundraiseUp and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] saved us this year.

Pros

The software was so easy to use, even for someone like myself who is not the greatest with such things. It was easy to set up, easy for donors to navigate, and all the information I needed on the backend was right there for me.

Cons

There were a couple tiny issues I told my FundraiseUp rep about, moreso me trying to give constructive criticism than any real problem. So tiny, for example like when Grandma leaves a message with her donation, it should be easier for the child to see it. Silly stuff, but FundraiseUp will probably fix it, because that's how great they are.

Erin, thank you for the opportunity to partner with you and the Limestone Creek Elementary PTO! It is our absolute pleasure getting to serve as the platform of choice for the work you are doing.

KS

Katie S.

Ease of using Fundraise Up

Pros

I am impressed with the ease of using this software compared to what our organization was previously using. I am still getting the hang of this new software, but I can already tell that using Fundraise Up will make my job easier!

Cons

I am still very new to this software. So far I have no complaints.

We're so glad to have you all with us -- thank you for your feedback! Now to decide what to do with your extra time saved... :)

KK

Kelcy K.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

We love using Fundraise UP

The customer service is incredible! They are prompt, always willing to help, and want us to succeed. We love the interface and design of the software. This has grown our donor base and helped us increase our overall donations.

Pros

It is intuitive, easy to learn, and it has significantly increased our recurring donations since implementing this software.

Cons

It was a bit hard to navigate all of the buttons and sections/subsections in the portal, but now that I have learned, it is much easier.

Hi Kelcy! Thanks for sharing your review of Fundraise Up. I'm glad to read that you're having an overall positive experience. And if you ever have suggestions about how we might make the platform even more intuitive, be sure to share that feedback with your Success Engineerwe're always working to optimize the platform for you. Nic

CV

Charlotte V.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great giving and donor management software

Pros

I really like all the information that provides on our donors and the Salesforce integration, it really helps to have everyting in one place and working in sincrony. Also is very easy to use as a donor, it's a straight forward and transparent process.

Cons

At the beginning as a bit hard to understand where all the settings were, especially for campaigns management, but once you get a hold on it gets easier.

Thank you, Charlotte! We try to make the dashboard part as easy as the donor part -- not always possible, but we try. We love the work you all do -- keep it up, and we will keep supporting you!