Kinetic

Cloud ERP made with manufacturers, for manufacturers.

Kinetic Reviews

Pros

It has been great we have found errors in our engineering program and saved a great deal of money. It has allowed us to have all of the different departments all in one ERP.

robert c.

It is user friendly , and has good basic functionality. Structure of menu modules make sense and makes it easy to move in and out of different screens.

Carmen O.

Since I help administer the software I have a good knowledge of how it works.

Jim K.

Cons

Worse, they do not have many consultants who really know the product so you waste thousands of dollars getting them up to speed, only to end up with the problem not fixed.

Vicki V.

Does not work as it should. Info is difficult to gut out.

Paul D.

There is a lot of glitching and crashing with this software. Most problems require you to restart the software.

Brittany W.

3.9

Exceptional ERP Software for Manufacturers

Over the course of nearly twenty years as an Epicor admin in manufacturing, my experience has been fantastic. The software is simply to use, extremely flexible, and the ways that the data can be extracted (reports, BAQ's, and Dashboards) make it a VERY powerful analysis tool when the time to enter data is done properly. The support team is also fantastic...and while maintenance and support is expensive, it's worth it and you get what you pay for.

Pros

Epicor is extremely flexible right out of the box, and is exceptionally strong in the areas of managing and tracking Production Jobs, Bill of Materials, Scheduling, Labor, Inventory, Purchasing, and Order Entry. It also has the ability to have customized development, and things like the Epicor BAQ's, Dashboards, and Business Activity Manager features allow customizes information, exportable grids, and notifications to be setup by administrators and even end users as these modules are user-friendly and fairly intuitive! The Shop Floor Data Entry Module (MES) is also very intuitive and simple to use for the users on the production / manufacturing floor.

Cons

Epicor ERP is expensive software, and since it's such a wide product that handles so many aspects of your business, setup really must be done according to Epicor's recommendations and completed thoroughly. Also, since it's so flexible, there is a lot of it that you won't use, so it's best to create clear work instructions for your team and/or hide fields and/or functions that you will not need to use.

Hello Jeff, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear you find it flexible and intuitive. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Robust ERP System Ideal for Manufacturing

We’ve been pleasantly surprised at how it is turning out to meet our business needs, while knowing the amount of work necessary to get it set how we need.

Pros

Easily mass upload and update data. Configurable modules to meet your business needs. Responsive, knowledgeable and helpful consultants.

Cons

Some restrictions which are costly to customize and work around. Forms are not easily edited. Many modules are an extra added cost to subscribe every year.

Hi Alicia, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear that the data mangagement aspects of our ERP is working well for you. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Epicor ERP

Pros

I used this software for 6 years and so I really got to know the ins and outs of it. It's hard to say what I liked most because I didn't really like it that much. One positive is that it's a very robust product probably best suited to a much larger company than ours.

Cons

As the out of the box product, there is zero ability to customize anything without paying another company to do it for you. It's possible to make changes if you have training or an additional module, neither of which I had. There are many security measures in place that makes it difficult to undo something or revise after you've done it.

Hi Lisa, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're sorry to hear you didn't like the software. We would like to learn more about the issues you experienced. Please email us at socialmedia@epicor.com with your contact information, so we can assist you. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience you've experienced.

Epicor ERP

Good experience but I can be better, if you have a midsize company is a good option

Pros

It's easy to implement and if you have an .NET team the knowledge curve is low and you can customize the modules by yourself

Cons

CRM is not good, also the web version has so much problems when we compare to other competitors

Hi there, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear you've found it easy to customize and would like to learn more re: your experience of the CRM. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com

Workflow made easy

We used this to manage the company. We track time on projects. Keep inventory, and is used heavily in supply chain.

Pros

This software handles all of your company needs. It does time management, inventory, project management, and more. This was very easy to roll out to end users.

Cons

So far we have only used this for less then 6 mo. I don't have any down side at this point. There is still a learning curve that we need to over come.

Hi Brian, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Only used for 2 years. Easy to use but complicated steps for simple task

MRP functionality for our business. Better business tools . Improved processes. Increased communication because of shared information system provides.

Pros

It is user friendly , and has good basic functionality . Structure of menu modules make sense and makes it easy to move in and out of different screens. Information at your reach with a key stroke. easy to download to excel for more customized usage.

Cons

Some functionality which I feel is a basic process is complicated for the user . Some fields should default information instead of user having to key in. Needs more flexibility . Biggest issue is when a new version comes out.....something that was working before is no longer working. And its not a customization its core functionality.

All in one!!

Pros

We use Epicor for all the activities at work, from order entry, shipping all the way to invoicing. This system allowed us to keep track of inventory and was even tailored to our company needs, which helped pull real data to keep track of KPI’s. My department was in charge of the orders.

Cons

Sometimes pulling reports could take longer than wanted/needed.

Hello Yoseli, thank you for the feedback on Epicor ERP. We're pleased to hear you consider it to be an 'all in one system' and it helps you with your day to day activities. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

My opinion on Epicor ERP

Pros

I have been using this software for 5 years and have learned to use it correctly. I liked the approach of the software despite the fact that it was necessary to take new benchmarks but that is the goal of a new software! This very versatile product would be more suitable for a larger company than mine where I worked as a team but since COVID19, I have become a freelance.

Cons

This software package allowed me to personalize and optimize the management of my contacts. On the other hand, I was not able to make any changes easily because I had not taken the additional training module. Note that there are many security measures leaving the cancellation of certain aspects impossible for me.

Hello David, thank you for your feedback on Epicor ERP. We are pleased to hear you find it versatile to use. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Epicor for Manufacturing

The latest version of Epicor helps your company keep connected with the latest software capabilities.

Pros

Very Customizable. Uses industry standard .Net programming language and function. Hooks to SQL server.

Cons

Not geared for small operations. The cost of entry makes this product geared to Mid sized companies.

Hi Max, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear you find the ease of customization beneficial. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about the program.

Not user friendly and to make changes we need to contact the developers. NOT GOOD AT ALL

its a cloud base database and we don't need to back up the data. Also all the info we need is on one location!

Pros

Cons

NOT user-friendly, the turnaround on tickets is horrible. There is no videos or forums where customers can go and see how other Epicor users are fixing there/workaround problems they are facing. I was referring to one but apparently its all money. I wish there was a better training on how to admin the software. Also, performance is slow, We upgraded our network to better Mbps and the software has not improved.

Full-featured mid-tier ERP based on Microsoft Stack (or cloud option)

Very simple to implement. Training people was the hardest part. We upgraded from a 20 year old ERP which was not WYSIWYG but users liked new formats. As usual customers wanted every option but after implementation realized that they could live without it since there were similar features in the existing software. We have a factory with about 40 office workers, 400 on factory floor, two distribution...

Pros

The MS stack makes it easy to customize for reporting, data storage. Multi-tier configuration with database, application server and options for web-clients, fat clients and terminal servers. Many options for customization in addition to code development. Multi-everything. Relatively easy to upgrade and stay on current releases. Great administrative tools and ability to add resources as demand grow, including localizing servers for better performance.

Cons

Nothing really. There are lots of modules and each has a lot of simple to understand configuration options.

Hi Rob, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear you find the ease of customization beneficial. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about the program.

ERP for Medium-sized manufacturers

Epicor ERP is the lifeblood of our company. It has all the transactional records and ensures items are produced, delivered, and invoiced efficiently. Requires a large up-front investment of time and energy to get set up, but once it has gone LIVE, you won't be able to imagine running your business without it.

Pros

Epicor ERP is an all-in-one solution for medium-sized manufacturers. It covers everything needed and has lots of optional modules. We use it for: Quoting Orders Jobs/BOMs Product Configurator Dashboards Reports Purchasing Inventory Production AP & AR invoicing The Epicor team has worked hard to improve the software over the years, and it is now 100% Microsoft Stack. The SQL database can be queried...

Cons

Earlier versions of Epicor ERP were slow and clunky, but the new version is really fast. Also, you need experts to help you implement the software, and a dedicated team to maintain it. This is not an "out of the box" solution. It requires you to map your business processes and then implement the software carefully to suit the way your business works. You can customise almost anything you want in the system, but greater customisation brings with it added complexity and possible issues when upgrading point releases and versions.

Overall great experience it in terms of scalability, customization, and providing business needs.

I learned how to create SSRS reports. I learned how to customize different menu items using the wide variety of customization tools. I learned how to query data and transform them in many different ways to present accurate reports. I learned how to use the many menu items and modify them to our business needs. I learned how to develop business process flows for our company to reference whether it's entering an order, tracking an order, creating a job, etc. I learned how to troubleshoot errors that arise. I learned how to identify what causes errors within the software. I learned how to map out what what each menu item is used for. Overall it is a great learning experience and there is much more to learn from this software and I am grateful for having to work with this software.

Pros

I mostly like the ease of use of this software. Data entry and Data queries are easy to do with the many screens provided in this software. One thing to mention is the powerful search function to find different screens, displays their path within this software so that is also a big plus. Another positive is the overall navigation of this software with the different modules feels natural because of...

Cons

Of all the pros that I have listed in the previous section, there are some cons to mention as well. One mention that I like least about this software is the optimization of this software. Many screens take at least 2 minute to open and that is with the recommended hardware specs provided. Another mention is that the PDF reports take at least 2 minute or more to view. I know that the reports are server side and I don't know the process flow of it but it would be nice to click the print preview button and 3 seconds later, have the report show.

Changed our company in 1996 and still improving how we serve our customers

Increased profitability, and the best record keeping ability I have seen in any software to date. I am confident I can get whatever my customer needs in less time than any competitor, especially if it isn't in stock. I can and do recommend this software, and I am involved with a number of user groups, IT groups, and machining groups who are always asking what we use and how we keep it functional.

Pros

This software allows a quoter to include every facet of a project before it gets a customer PO. From that quote, every detail is able to be brought through to the order, the job, the packing slip, and the final invoice. There are so many different ways to track various phases of the project as it moves through. Every detail can be recorded if every employee is disciplined enough to make the input....

Cons

There are a few Caveats. There is no way you can employ a single person who is not college educated. Without math skills, great writing and data entry skills, and an exceptional amount of discipline, you will not get the quality inputs, and the software will not be able to give quality outputs. Slowly, over a period of about 3-5 years, you will come to the realization that people just cant come up...

Feature Packed but Cumbersome

The software is a total package for any type of manufacturing company. When i say it has it all, I mean it. However, it comes at a cost. The interface can be a bit clunky and there isn't always a great workaround for what should be a simple task. However, once you get it all figured out the sky is limit with this tool and it can be fully customized if you have someone on staff who can code and script.

Pros

This software has a ton of features. From Quote to Invoicing and every piece of the production pipeline in between.

Cons

It's not super intuitive and requires a bit of a learning curve to get it going in the right direction.

Hi James, Thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear the solution has provided you with the proper features. We're sorry to hear the learning curve has been steep. We would like to learn more about the issue you are experiencing so we can deliver a solution. Please send us an email to socialmedia@epicor.com with your contact information, so we can assist you. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience you've experienced, and we look forward to resolving it. Sincerely, The Epicor Social Team

Product stability has greatly improved in recent releases, support is often missing in action

Financials, Shop Floor control, scheduling, purchasing

Pros

ITs flexibility and ability to customize. Cloud versions available. Offers many modules for most needs. There has been in the past several years a building of third party software vendors with the ability to augment the customization, implementation and general maintenance of the software requiring less reliance on Epicor consulting services. Features such as document routing has greatly improved forms handling. The software is definitely in growth mode resulting in new features and abilities. The number one feature I like is the ability to export any report and most data grids directly to excel. Overall I have more likes on were the software is going rather than were it is at today

Cons

The software is not at all user friendly. Little if any documentation on how to use the product. Education is available but pricey. Support system is totally ineffectual and support personal are lacking in basic knowledge. Company has built many silos and employees do not have the ability to see across those barriers. The online support system called Epicare has added a layer of difficulty in that you cannot speak with an employee to explain an issue. The online submission is often limited to drop down selections that have nothing to do with the problem. The helpful tips you are given when submitting a case are almost always way off topic and of no use.

Great for quoting engineered to order equipment and systems

Overall its been great. There is no perfect system so sometimes just takes getting familiar with to understand the full capability of the system.

Pros

This ERP makes it extremely easy to quote items that do not have part numbers set up in the system. We fabricate custom designed process equipment which requires many purchased components. And often times our customers require us to follow their specific Approved Material List which could include components we have not purchased before. Epicor allows to quote parts, kits, systems without forcing us to create part numbers which makes quoting very easy and quick. No sense in setting up part numbers if we don't have the job yet.

Cons

The CRM part is not the greatest. Needs to be improved or allow Sales Force or other leading CRM software to tie in to Epicor.

Hi Peter, thanks so much for your feedback on Epicor ERP. It's great to hear that quoting engineered to order equipment and systems is working well for you. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Epicor ERP

Vast improvements in improving business speed and communication between different business units. User interface easily allows jumping to other areas quickly to enable improved speed in business decisions and customer service.

Pros

Very flexible and powerful user interface. Software modules have extensive flexible options to tailor the configuration to work as desired. Most modules very integrated, allowing powerful user capability. User personalization is powerful and easy to administer.

Cons

Customization is often too complex. Need C# programmer and still can be complicated. In V9 to V10 customization languages changed which required rewrite of previous customizations. This is very costly rather than tools being available to effectively migrate existing customizations. Upgrades of software modules is too complex and is being worked on to improve and focus more on ease, allowing companies to keep on the current release without seeming like a new implementation. More work than it should be. Several modules are included for improving requirements and are very weak. Example: Integration to Salesforce.

Great for Manufacturing Plants

The business problems we solved are more up-to-date inventory management system and the ability to make last-minute changes from customers without re-creating orders.

Pros

I like the flexibility to customize the software to fit your business. There are many features which can be incredibly useful. The fact that it is Windows-based is a plus fo our antiquated facility.

Cons

The one con I have about this software is the price. I like that we can find status updates in real-time on orders or inventory; however, to get this feature you have to pay even more money.

Hi Dawn, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear the flexibility and ability to customize is so useful. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Great ERP

Pros

It has truly helped the company grow and able to analyze what works and what isn't. Purchasing and Project Management is simple and straightforward.

Cons

It isn't aesthetically pleasing and I have noticed many users like it to be sleek..

Hi Robert, thank you so much for your review of Epicor ERP. We're pleased to hear it has helped you identify areas of improvement in your organization. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

Epicor ERP allows the analysis of data in real time.

Epicor is a solid and highly scalable option that generates a positive return on investment. It also has a real-time data analysis. I recommend Epicor ERP thanks to all the functions that allow employees to work more efficiently and quickly. Although Epicor needs to improve the support team a lot, I'm sure to recommend it.

Pros

Epicor ERP creates purchase orders, senders and invoices that generate a high return on investment. In addition, we have been able to accurately track work activity. Epicor meets our accounting needs. Epicor ERP is ideal for companies that buy components from many different places, so there can be traceability. A large number of departments use the system (order entry, sales, IT, finance). In addition, Epicor has a user interface with the ability to export to Excel. Epicor allows real-time data analysis and financial reporting to help make decisions faster.

Cons

Epicor does not take advantage of innovations in the development of queries, which would allow inexperienced users to generate their own results without the help of the IT department. In addition, the software support team still needs to improve greatly in order to achieve better efficiency.

Overall I have had very positive experiences with epicor. Customizations are easy to make.

Pros

One of my favorite things about this program is the different levels of customization that it provides. Epicor allows for a range settings and customization's ranging from field security to changing how business objects interact this allows our company to really personalize and create our own version of Epicor (to a certain extent that is). I also really like how fast and efficient the technical support for Epicor is. Calling in to create a ticket for any issues that occur is always an easy process.

Cons

Some custimaztions are harder to make then they should be and sometimes finding clear information about how to make certian changes can be hard to find. I think the two main things I currently do not like are the scheduling module it can seem clunky. Also the limited coding that is allowed due to being a multi tenant client however this is more about what we purchased then the product it self.

We use Epicor to run our whole business.

The customizability of this software is the key advantage for this compared to other ERP systems. They approach the company has is "we can't make it perfect for everyone, so we will let you make the changes you need for you".

Pros

We like that it's incredibly flexible. Epicor has put a lot of work into tools to help customize the product. Each tool has a different level of complexity, and some take more knowledge than others to use, but it will get as advanced as your skill set.

Cons

Out of the box it's fairly clunky to use. One record at a time is usually how things are done. That makes initial acceptance from users a bit of a challenge. But if you have users that are creative and can convey what they want, you usually can find a way to make things easier for them. If they just whine, not so much.

Manage your data with all-in-one tools.

I intuitively improve our own services with a large proportion of work, according to acquisitions, general accounting of our business establishment, forecasts of each product made for loyal and powerful customers, who are interested and in the production that we carry out daily, highlighting before this software, we used multiple databases with a particular platform, which caused us many constant delays and serious administrative problems, that Epicor ERP, solved these problems on a large scale, causing satisfaction, thanks to its integrated functions.

Pros

Epicor ERP has incredible functionality for supply chain management, which is acquired by an entire organization, in order to maintain proper control, to classify appropriate use, that is, to know precisely where these will be used digital products, in the different departments that we acquire in executive disposition, mentioning that it allows us to modify their visual aspects, to establish them in our most conducive environment, being one of the tools that most attracts my attention, as it is one of the ones that I use for adequate familiarization, when executing the pending work to be done.

Cons

It is important to note that many of the functions that most companies use must be added by users, which allows the process at work to be slower and delays the qualities in productivity, being a significant problem, since these working parts must be integrated. by the same software, for a majority management in the performance and profitability of the time, which requires an update in these sectors of the system.

Hello Isabella, thank you for your feedback about Epicor ERP. We're glad to hear the integration functionality is working well for you and simplifying how you work. Your feedback is invaluable. Please email us at customerreferences@epicor.com to share additional comments and learn about our customer reference program.

The experience has been good, the software seems to be working as desired.

Pros

The ease in which most parameters are set in the part entry screen. The forecast module seems to be performing as desired, offering consumed quantities for easier visibility. MRP plans unfirmed jobs which make sense between planned jobs and firmed jobs. They are distinguished very well, giving the user a sense of clearness. The site maintenance screen allows the user to set up the prefix for the MRP unfirmed orders which is nice and clear to see upfront in identifying MRP unfirmed jobs.. It is also nice to have a time fence parameter in the part master where no jobs can plan within that time fence.

Cons

It is often no intuitive, making it hard to figure out why MRP suggested something that did not make sense.